Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 384, 385, 386 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday made up for all the other wasted days - as I decided to pull the trigger and make FOFSTOCK a not-for-profit! All the paperwork is done and sent in and all we do now is wait.

Sam promoting FOFSTOCK!

I have been musing here and to my gang and friends in general that I wanted the music portion of the organization to become a not-for-profit with a large board of directors and thus an on-going legacy to what I started ultimately out-living me and carrying on the ideals of the Positive Mandate through freest expression in the realm of the arts.

I even had a tent set up for operations - DJ Scootz, artists and Sam on my right!

The main problem was that FOF Records had too many contracts with artists and other businesses to make a transition to a not-for-profit. Then there is that business of me registering it with the IRS in the States. While this looks cool for a private corporation, it is sort of unrealistic for a privately own business. Anyway, a not-for-profit with directors and a membership diverse enough to keep it going without me still made sense and could double as an advocacy group. You could even hold a musical film festival there too like it is done with some of the big festivals right now.

FOFSTOCK "the Stage" is set!

So the only entity in our organization that could be converted to not-for-profit was FOFSTOCK. Early in the year I turned FOFSTOCK into a sole-proprietorship which helps with the name when you incorporate. So I was ahead of the curve there. I also had all the high level domain names for the website but added fofstock.ca just before I started work on the incorporation.

Night time crowd!

I decided that most directors should be veteran musicians and figured the original cast of The Fortress TV Show who stayed with us over the years would be perfect. But I needed at least three names for incorporation as that is the minimum. Me, Dan and Michael were on the document in the end as I could not get ahold of Dave, but we can add him in there later. I had to incorporate quickly as delaying it could make me change my mind.

Jelleestone's fans at FOFSTOCK!

Realize that up till now FOFSTOCK was mine. I envision it and created it and payed 30 grand of my own money to make that first concert a reality. It was even a privately owned company who’s name I could put on an event as a concert in the States the way we are structured as of now. But the reality is that one guy and one owner won’t cut it long term, so this move made sense and I had to do it quick and swift - like tearing off a bandaid!

Jelleestone's fans at the stage barricades at FOFSTOCK!

So it’s now in the government’s hands with the name search and corporation fees already paid. Without any issues it should happen this short week, but because of the holidays it may take longer. Corporations Canada will probably want a signed statement from me stating that I give the name to the new corporation and dissolve the sole-proprietorship at the same time. This has happened before and will probably happen again.

But I talked about it and as a man of his word I acted on it and here we are. If they declare it illegal and dismiss it, I’ll be honest and say I would accept it and keep the name for FOF Record use - but it should go through and FOFSTOCK is now the property of the general public.

Everything I create seems to become the property of the public but at least here I will be designated as founder. Don’t let the Twitter news sour you on community voting for policy change, the idea rocks and as much as people
question it - it is the future of large social platforms. Maybe the last major thing I do with my advocacy is to redefine what a journalist is - the geek with a corny hat and press card on the brim does not work anymore…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/mN_g1Ml06f8
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As expected Corporations Canada wanted a formal consent form giving up the name FOFSTOCK to the new propped not-for-profit. You basically attach the consent form and resubmit without having to pay twice.

Maybe we get it tomorrow or we get it next Tuesday. Who knows but I miss the old days when you had to go to a lawyer and then get your letters patent. These days it’s like ordering takeout from some restaurant…..

Anyway - all I can do is wait:

After this is the UN stuff and that court case with the government on top of all the other stuff. I can see how I would get tired of all this in a few years and start to retire - but not yet…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well…..

This happened:

Maurice Ali wrote:
FOFSTOCK Becomes a Not For Profit Corporation!

By Maurice Ali

FOFSTOCK, our music festival has now been turned into a not-for-profit corporation in order to grow into a yearly event showcasing musical artists and entertaining the general public!

The articles of incorporation under the Canada NFP Act were executed and in force as of December 27 (2022). The corporation is nationally registered and can do business internationally. Here is the current registered officers of the corporation and initial structure and associated positions:

Name of corporation: FOFSTOCK

President/CEO: Maurice Ali

Board of Directors:

Maurice Ali
Michael Atkinson
Dave Getchell
Daniel Strudwick

Staff:

Shane Murphy (A&R)
Samantha Blackwell
Jessica King

The present address is that of the applicant but will soon be located at our organization’s headquarters at:

7030 Woodbine Avenue (suite 500)
Markham, Ontario, Canada
L3R 6G2

All contact points and phone numbers are to remain the same as for the rest of our organization.

The purpose of this corporation is to hold a yearly musical festival showcasing musical artists and entertaining the general public. Funding for the festival will come from sponsors and grants and contributions from members and donations from the general public.

THE FOFSTOCK MUSIC FESTIVAL!

That is about all I can say now as I have too much to do today already. What on earth did I get myself into now? I bet that is exactly what Elon Musk thought to himself when he acquired Twitter!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/_6p-v5Nky7U
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The end of the year!

I slept in and then got some groceries as things will be closed the next 2 days. Maybe I’ll go to the mall for the same reason.

This week was hectic of all things so I intend to relax. Maybe I’ll finish the UN speech I will probably never give. Time has run out. Time has run out on my life - just make the big play and tidy up all those loose ends…..

Happy New Year!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/gwRoJ8wiSek
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the web work updates today.

I should have another revision the the UN speech also done.

I recharged all the batteries on the main camcorders.

Just chillin…..

For 2023?

Make the plays!

Get rid of the remaining bad habits I picked up during the pandemic.

I have to realize things are over before you know it. So you have to make moves before you are forced to. That was why I made FOFSTOCK into a not-for-profit. I feel I could have waited but rationally you know you have less time. This applies to everything including the advocacy. It sucks to run out of time. We would all like to have another 25 years to get things right, but such is life.

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting tomorrow morning I have to find out who serves the papers to the government in the legal human rights action I have against the Crown. I am also obligated to note to the courts that the the Minister and its constituency office has changed - I don’t know all the duties of the plaintiff but I should assume the worst.

FOFSTOCK needs a bank account and now it is all on-line which sucks but I want the first moves made before the end of the week!

The speech is now under three minutes. I have no idea how verbal statements will work there now as the side events basically occurred off the UN premises. We shall see how this works and take it from there.

United Nations Secretary General António Guterres

Anyway, the big play is the Secretary General, I have already done the other stuff like making speeches and side events. The advocacy has to grow now. This means doing things I’m not sure of and all the rest. You just have to grab your ball and do it!

All the while you wonder if it all really ended with the dissemination of the Positive Mandate for Humanity back in 2019. That went right and I was not supposed to change anything structural at the UN. This new Global Social Contract “is” structural change and there will be a lot of push back.

The Fates

Meanwhile there is a lot of depressing stuff in my life now. Nothing on me myself - directly - but all around me. The Fates made sure I can make
the plays but that does not mean I have to be comfortable, but that’s the vibe I’m playing with right now…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The speech is mostly done…..

The only question is where it takes place. I’ll apply to speak at the Commission for Social Development in February, but if that does not happen I then go directly to the Secretary General and try to read it to his face as he is looking for a new Global Social Contract.

So that’s how that works. I’ll preen myself up for the coming work week and just chill.

It’s another two weeks for Blue Monday but I feel it already. Reality sets in at my age as your ability to keep fantasies alive fades away. Now I know why old people have nasty dispositions.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/JT4xW7zIAbQ
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m a creature of habit so here goes another post.

Now, 2023 brings us officially up to 20 years since I started the whole thing with FOF and IAIJ. When I started musing about getting active in advocacy, many on the net talked about the cost involved.

I would say we are up to about 150 thousand dollars all told. Our movie budget was at 140 thousand and that was about a feature length documentary about our whole organization and so total spend was the total budget for the movie. So 2,500 per year) these past few years seems accurate to bring it up to a round 150,000 dollars CAD.

Now the big question is: Was it worth it? Am I suffering financially because of it?

First of all I can confidently state that for me it makes no difference in my life going forwards. If I had banked the cash spent, where I live and how I live would be mostly the same. Also realize that I gave up on things like new cars. I’m a car guy and from 2003 to 2017 I drove my old Mustang 5.0 into the ground and then was given the Roadmaster with the Corvette LT1 powertrain (Top speed will match my old Mustang at over 143 mph but less than my V6 Mustang that tops out at 157) from my parents. The Mustang 5.0 was bought in 1989, so I would have bought new in certainly when I decided to engineer Fortress, probably another Mustang for about 30 grand. Probably another one for 35 around 2009. So for cars you can subtract 65 thousand.

So realistically I would be down 85 thousand right now, but going forward I would try to get my childhood dream of a Corvette before I retired and that would cost at least 85 thousand. See how this works, the money would have been spent elsewhere. You would mostly be in the same situation as now.

Therefore I can answer the question of cost by saying that in my case it didn’t matter. You skimp on other things and just carry on. The reason for all that reflection is because we are coming up on 20 years, but also the tail end of this advocacy - at least when it comes to me.

So we can take the cost out of the equation. What about the time? If I had a family, none of this would have happened as the money and time are needed there. But coming off a divorce and questioning if family life was really my calling settled that question. I would have just picked up another hobby and wasted more time and money there if there was no advocacy.

In the end the advocacy defines me and gives me a presence befitting my education and talents. It worked out for me so I can’t complain. I just figured I was in a position to answer some nagging questions some of you out there may have about going after your dreams. Realize it could all go bad, but it won’t be the nightmare you envision either…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late one today!

Things are very busy so I have to fit the updates when I can.

The human rights case against the King and Ontario Government has actually started. After we got our notice to proceed I had to change the name of the old Minister of Health to the present one along with the new address. So I did that and thought - foolishly - that they would send it by courier to the constituency office. Instead they just emailed it to the Ministry of the Attorney General (MAG). About an hour later this guy from MAG emails me asking for my permission to give him a 60 day extension from the previous deadline of January 23, 2022. I emailed my approval back and he thanked me and will ask the court for the extension this Friday.

So my 3.8 billion dollar court case is actually alive! I also like the extension as it gives me some breathing room to get the other stuff done.

I also got all the necessary files to finally apply for a bank account for the FOFSTOCK music festival and that meeting happens Thursday morning. I like how the not-for-profit is still tethered to the record label and all told is a rare but very real and relevant music entity, apart from the strictly high tech world of streaming that offers little back to the vast majority of musicians. Love that move toward the not for profit - no regrets!

I emailed the event organizers again at the United Nations to see if I could register for the Commission for Social Development and get my “focal point” authority working as well - we shall just have to wait and see…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/dawrQnvwMTY
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The court case is out of mind for two months and the bank account is set up!

I only have to do the UN thing now. I have absolutely no idea what they think of me there - but I mean change and most don’t like that…

Anyway, I have to do what I do and then I’m free - maybe - hehehehe…..

But hey, I have cleaned stuff up enough that I can relax a bit. Don’t get worried if the UN stuff goes bad for me. This is real life and that’s how it goes sometimes. But it’s not over yet!

Anyway, that is life right now.

Nobody has a crystal ball. And remember, the reason the kids don’t vote is because they don’t see anything worthwhile to vote for. That is what the “hard core” genre is all about in music. It’s all there in the lyrics - if you listen. Middle fingers up and f**k the world! I tried to give them something to embrace and all I get is push back from the establishment - then if it gets somewhere those same people are on-board thinking it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread…..

Anyway - it is what it is…..

Goodnight…..

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/P767JbPzCfo

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/Txn6TtSqXls
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another busy day and another update while I’m in the mall buying stuff…..

The 3.8 billion court case against the Ontario Government proceeds with the 60 day extension as emailed to me by the MAG.

The deadline for defendant response is March 23, 2023!

The woman at the TD Bank had not emailed me back any discrepancies so I should get my access card and some starter checks couriered to me shortly. All in all the cheapest you can incorporate is 200 bucks but practically it ends up being about 500 bucks - but it is done! As an aside, the TD gal’s (like all in their 20/30s) LinkedIn profiles always look like they are super models made up for a fashion shoot. There is no fighting this anymore - I’m just the angry old fart in his recliner lusting for the “good old days“ - I guess…..

3.8 billion, and if I win that is on the table - real ballsy that! But if you look at my past resume you will see we always went into things “big time”:

First time shooting video - network TV after Saturday night live!

First concert ever for me - 65,000 draw at Yonge-Dundas Square on the August 1 civic holiday that nobody except banks get!

First real speech at the United Nations - General Assembly - 11 years after I stated my desire on our first show (and everyone laughed).

So that is how it goes with me. Now I want to pitch the new Global Social Contract to the UN Secretary General - it could happen. Sometimes those doors open simply because you had the balls to try - at the very least curiosity could open it - life is like that. But I actually have something he wants. So that is the next play…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/aw9mEFn38to
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleeping in on Saturday is a rare luxury for me…..

Anyway, seeing many things maturing at our organization is also comforting in a way. It could not go on as before as it was too frantic everywhere. But the plays now get bigger and bigger. Resolution of the big plays would almost be a relief if they do not go horribly bad.

Our ideas may or may not take hold due to our own efforts, but some parts will be stolen and used as is always the case. You have to get your head around this as the world is not like Howard Roark in the Fountainhead. You can’t go blowing up building and claiming they stole your ideas – not these days…..

No- like Twitter – you push the idea and if things go your way without any acknowledgment then that is the return you get for that effort. The Fates don’t care about your petty vanity, only the results.

You have to accept the fact that as all humans, you are just animated flesh, mostly water, and with a very short finite lifespan. Humanity has some staying power but you don’t so your ideas are basically public property, especially since they are humanitarian and not commercial ideas! It would be nice if a brown dude got credit for something intellectual in the Western World, that’s all I’m saying…..

Anyway the plays go on no matter how embarrassing it may get – they go on!

I’ll take Saturday easy and replace the batteries for the smoke detectors at my dad’s place and then take the family out. Registration deadlines are coming up at the UN and no responses yet, I can try some stuff at the last minute but I want to see if we could get to make a statement at the Commission for Social Development. The chances are kind of slim, me trying to develop society to make things happier for all – funny that – but we shall see. Anyway, failure there is the shortest road to advocacy straight at the Secretary General. We will have resolution one way or another. Could be embarrassing for me but I have to try and make the play!

And the timelines are now very shot. Days or maybe a week for registration. Now weeks for the Commission for Social Development and a couple of months for the Secretary General - just like that!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/lwmKrXZN6WM
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I’m just currently downloading and updating all my office computers with the remaining data from my cellphone. If there is anything remaining I will update the 12 Pro Max at the same time…..

Saturday I spent buying some new smoke detectors for my dad’s place and installing them. In between I slept a lot! Needed as I never sleep properly during the week.

Anyway, the advocacy “farewell tour” continues and I keep thinking what to do with things that have been going on forever - like this blog of sorts. This phpBB2 board is like 20 years old! I’m surprised my server service still allows me to keep using such an old version of PHP. I may keep posting for anyone still interested, but maybe only once or twice a week - without the advocacy thing it will be dull and boring around here. Anyway, when the inevitable happens I have the secondary board (which needs updating) - but what do I do with 20 years of day to day posts of my life?

I’ll probably turn it in to another book if only to show some people that guys and gals like me actually existed back in the day and tried to do something about things. So there is that!

What about the companies?

The two most important ones are the journalist org and now the music festival org. I’m so happy that I just went and did it and incorporated the festival and made good on my pledge to turn the music into a not for profit. Even though the record label stayed tethered to it, in the end everything could simply be transferred over to the not for profit if need be.

Gracelyn holds the FOF Records Inc. Certificate of Incorporation!

FOF and FOF Entertainment can simply transfer whatever copyrights and trademarks to IAIJ or FOFSTOCK. IAIJ could simply take over the news service and print publications including books. The current videos are a toss up for lasting ownership but the movie and TV series to IAIJ and the music videos and variety show to FOFSTOCK. More Vision is simply an advertising company and that can be dissolved without any real problems with intellectual property.

The original archiving service - the original IAIJ - will simply be absorbed into the IAIJ not for profit.

That takes seven corporations and turns them into two not for profits with a board of directors, and a larger general membership and therefore an ongoing legacy for all our efforts these last few decades.

Me with my first corporation in 2004 - IAIJ!

This may all seem quite morbid, but as CEO of all these orgs, I have to think at least five years into the future and that means I’m 68 and getting up there in age - so you see what I mean, even in good health that does not mean I’m up to it mentally anymore.

Reality always sucks and life sucks and you have to plan for things in my position. So the blog becomes a book and the corporations get distilled down into two not for profits.

2009: Maurice Ali: Cooler, Hip President and CEO!

In the meantime, FOF gives me something to do if the advocacy really goes flat. If the advocacy was all I had there would be a push for me to pull back on the plays and keep things to where I could do a little bit of good in some corner of advocacy, but not as provocative where they would start to try to get you out or lock you out of venues. A couple of times a year you could travel to places and meet up with colleagues and have some fun doing that as you run out the clock in your life. Anyway that’s not why I am here - make the plays…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/OftRGrnSFUk
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slept through the whole weekend…..

But stuff got done: I now have a plan for proposing the new Global Social Contract to the Secretary General. The first is why the Secretary General? Because he occupies the top spot and is now in his second term, so he doesn’t have to worry about re-election. And most importantly, because he asked for that new Global Social Contract. Trying to change things on the ground is almost impossible, as you move up the ladder it is hard but not impossible. But like Elon Musk, if you just go straight to the top you have a chance to get your ideas to the Secretary General undiluted and to the point. More so – I have a “gottcha” aspect of the Global Social Contract, just for him! So even if he “poo, poos” the general idea, that one part of it is something he can have to help his successors down the line, his legacy to the world through the United Nations. I keep getting asked the same question by people in the UN and I have that answer! And it will work!

So using rationality, going straight for the Secretary General is the play. I will try all my contacts and get a sense of how best to do this. But in the end we try it regardless of the probabilities. Make the play! And we can keep trying as that sometimes works. Just make the play!

As for the Commission for Social Development? I will do my best to get registered, and then apply to speak, and then wait. I figure I won’t get to speak and toss up on if I even get registered but this has little impact on the play for the Secretary General – except that it might delay things.

What else?

I want to tidy up things here. I still have to send stuff to MySpace and AOL and that should go out on Monday. Surprisingly, the FOFSTOCK stuff is done except for receiving the access card and starter pack – so I can forget about that for awhile. The earliest we could have FOFSTOCK 2 is 2024 so keep that timeline in mind. So after the AOL and MySpace stuff gets mailed out I just send out more royalty checks and be done with that and then it’s all the UN.

This is really fun and heady stuff! And yet I compete for your attention with YouTubers and Instagramers who only post pictures of them showing off their good looks and bodies! Ha, human beings are funny, me prattling about a new version of global governance vs. some woman in black spandex pants and tight revealing top – which one to click on? Well, you have to go to my website and board from 2002! Anyway, you get the point – Human beings – Wow!

The Fates

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bunch of stuff got done today.

The AOL and MySpace advocacy got sent out in the morning along with some Royalty checks. I tweaked my speech that will probably not get spoken. And that was about it for the businesses. Clearing my desk of clutter so to speak metaphorically.

I’ll send out another query to re-register at the commission and get an inkling of what people think of me over there. I know I’m not popular there with some people, but I have to know what the general impression is there and the “reading the room” thing is one way. Look, if I get ignored then my next move is clear - the Secretary General. If they stymie you at the registration stage you probably have no chance to speak. And just going there to watch other people interact is just plain boring.

So I will soon know the mood in the room and act accordingly. I may have fewer friends there than I ever thought. However, as a lone wolf I don’t change anything I am doing to get the ideas out there. The Fates have their man, and I have a way to make everyone on earth happier and nations more accountable to the people of this world!

I was thinking to myself what other philosophers from the past would think of me if I wimped out when I was so close to making something happen. What would they say?

Confucius: “Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage.” = Maurice Ali!

Rene Descartes: I think therefore Maurice Ali is a fool that pulled out at the last last moment and got nothing in return - not even an illegitimate baby - loser!

Socrates: "The unexamined life is not worth living". But if you’re Maurice Ali you can examine your failure for the rest of your life - fool!

Kurt Gödel: Any system complex enough to hold an arithmetic is by necessity inconsistent or incomplete, unless you are Maurice Ali where in his imbecilic mind it is consistent and complete - what a turd…..

Plato: “No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.” (I’ll leave that one alone)

Kurt Vonnegut: He had a chance to make sense of it all but instead he dove with fear deep into the Chrono-Synclastic Infundibulum and so was lost forever as a failure and forgotten.

Carl Sagan: Maurice Ali is an animated bag of sperm - among Billions of people - who failed to live up to his most base impulses - the end!

You get the drift, I made my bed and you know the rest.

The Fates

So the play is on no matter what happens at the Commission for Social Development. Too late to stop this ship from hitting the beach - but the hit doesn’t need to be a crash - always that…..

And I know - it’s not like being a fighter jet pilot or anything like that, but you are pushing out ideas to the world at large and really shaking to things up in a major way! But someone has to do it and that person just happens to look like me…..

And I like how I slowly talked myself into the Secretary General play there - cool!

Anyway, tomorrow is “third times a charm” to get registered as I got no response from the first two. Or: The Ian Fleming quip - Once happenstance, twice coincidence; three times - enemy action! We shall see…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/RrrDLdeL2HQ

https://youtu.be/ykW4rtW2eu0

https://youtu.be/YYQ02OP5h00
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 384, 385, 386 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 385 of 416

Jump to: