Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 376, 377, 378 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s a long weekend. End of summer unofficially but I have to get things done.

First is to locate those documents I made for my New York car trip about a month ago. I also kept the US cash in an envelope from those days so that saves me some time. I’ll also go and buy some travel insurance just in case.

I’ve decided to actually use the leather laptop case. I got it on the high from the successful Positive Mandate speech and side-event in 2019. This trip during General Assembly deserves the leather treatment so I may waterproof it, but it goes and if it gets destroyed by weather than so be it.

I haven’t figured out whether I should courier down a suit and tie and shirt to the hotel just in case my luggage gets lost. I could fly with a suit on and just carry on the jeans/t-shirt and shoes and save some cash that way. We shall see.

I have to take all my suits out of their zippered protective cases and choose two to go. Probably navy and black should do for now. Last time I gave a General Assembly speech I was invited to a diplomatic get together at the UN dining room that night and wore the black suit for that - the Navy is for the event. BYW: A famous DJ was there and wore gold plated over-the-ear head phones. We actually connected and we wanted to help me with the movie - stupidly I declined his offer - I have to stop doing that!

Like I said before, a new shirt for this event. The old ones get dulled by washing and the collars get sloppy. I’ll look for one this weekend and make sure it fits and may actually get it tailored for a change.

The yearly pass will not work during General Assembly. You get a special pass, but if possible I may get my regular pass at the UN ID office if it is still open!

Pen: My gold cross with my name engraved on it.

I’ll carry my spare set of Zeis glasses just in case. My laptop will not be the old one I just reformatted. I’ll use that Dell business class laptop with the super thin display. The chassis is 100% metal and with the solid state drive that means this thing is built to last! It is devoid of files with a fresh install and no web cam and I disabled the microphone. I will remove the new Avid program from it - I’ve moved on to DaVinci Resolve. So border services will find nothing there. I accidentally bought a new jump drive but it was plastic - so - I will transfer everything on an old metal key ring Data-Traveler and keep my important files on that rather than the laptop.

The Pinephone!

My iPhone is coming along and I may tryout the Pinephone if the plan/sim allows it. I need to see if the modem works on AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile. With a Canadian sim and roam-like-home set up It is easy to switch carriers and see how the phone performs down there. Every transmission is captured and analyzed at the UN - especially when world leaders and Presidents and Prime Ministers are there as they will be when I show up. The Pinephone was made for this so some experimenting will probably take place.

The Pinephone with tiny switches to turn off mic, cameras, Headphome jack and even wifi and the modem!

There is more to do but I will start going down this bucket list of tasks one-by-one and get it done. Apart from all that I have to mow all the lawns and take care of both houses and both cars and all the rest - that is my long weekend….

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/QKmVMaF60zA
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday actually turned out to be productive…..

It started out slow with me buying groceries and watching movies and eating a TV dinner and then falling asleep. However as I hit up at disk I quickly mowed both lawned and washed the car. I worked on the old laptop and had an issue getting Windows 10 to accept the old Java script. It was always saying the certificate is no longer valid. So I transferred an old file from another 32 but computer (no it does not work when you do this) and - presto - the download happened and Java was installed!

On a roll I spent the night doing something I hated and always out off - downloading 20 years of files uploaded to my servers. As I type this it is almost done. The FTP stuff would have been a score any day. it on top of the other stuff Saturday rocked!

I may continue with things on Sunday updating files on the secondary board - we shall see.

I am back on the training and fitness regimen. It is back to flattening down the stomach and drinking lots of water flushing all the waste outlet of my muscles and such.

I formatted that jump drive for the trip. I’ll put all these items on a table in the living room as I go along. Normally a trip to New York was something I could do in my sleep - but - the pandemic and the loss of two years (plus it being the real General Assembly) makes this sort of special. I need to get back into this.

I have to find all those vaccination and travel documents for a possible emergency drive to New York. Plus, travel insurance and that is good enough for Sunday.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/FY5CAz6S9kE
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday was nothing but web work. Overcast, cold and rainy days are perfect for this!

I downloaded all FTP files and databases. That took a while. Next is to update my posts of 2022 to the secondary forums - incase this one bites the dust. This will be another groaner so I’ll spread it out.

The laptop in question is the black one - the grey one is retired!

The reformatted laptop works like a charm - I brought it back from the dead!

Anna working the old Epson printer - we have a large newer Brother laser printer!

Monday will be more focused on the trip.

https://youtu.be/3K8dNctci1Y
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll get this one out quick and then force myself to update the secondary forums.

So Monday is a holiday here and I passed by the Starbucks and drove to York University - one of my alma maters - as I wanted to check some things out. I parked by the astronomy centre and made my way in. Hopefully they won’t give me a 100 dollar ticket. The only difference was a sanitation station near the doors but other than that it looked the same. I saw this female student sleeping in a doorway with blankets and her laptop and a bottle of hand sanitizer - then 20 feet away was two boxes of rapid Covid tests - yikes!

Ian Jarvie

I went up to the philosophy department to see if the last two profs from my era were still there. One was Ian Jarvie, who studied under Karl Popper and taught the hardest undergraduate course at York - third year symbolic logic. He actually warned all of us the first day that if we had any doubts about our ability to get out now and change courses. Anyway I aced the course to the point only me and Jarvie knew about stuff like Godel’s Proof. You figured I was talented enough to get into graduate school - but no - after letting me know under the table I was in, they tossed me out on my ass into the street! This still pisses me off today as I could have done so much at the time still creative and young…..

The same shit happens today, have any ideas that could help humanity and they work overtime to shut you down and go with uninspired mediocrity all the while asking for new ideas to solve important problems. You have to be very crafty and slick to deal with this crowd. A 20 something simply doesn’t have the experience to see things as they are and manipulate them to best advantage.

Anyway I got one of the highest, if not the highest score in the hardest undergraduate course at York that year - they can’t deny me that. Grades are not enough, and there is always that subjective judgement and a brown guy from that era is in trouble even among those with the highest IQs. This is the trouble with humans - human nature!

Anyway, Jarvie taught me in like 1983 and I came back to his office to catch up on things and get a reference letter from him around 1991. He was still on the faculty pre-covid but has since retired. He is 85 now (only four years younger than my dad) and no doubt a guy in his 80’s teaching students from around the world during Covid was not a good idea, or maybe his mind just started deteriorating. But he is retired and the last one, Jagdish Hattiangadi is left, maybe a few years younger but look at the faculty and they are all young and then this guy.

These guys are on the way out and I am literally the “last of the Mohican”. I laughed noting they were all bespectacled with some version of a goatee like I have. The old school philosophy uniform for philosophers of the 20th Century. There is this gap between the end of my era and the next breed of philosophers.

I’m still pissed I didn’t do graduate work and truly call myself a philosopher. The profs would say you do have the freedom to do what they can’t - like the controversial stuff I’m doing now. But look at the price I paid for that! In academia I could have introduced many new ideas and the status and cash would have got me a wife and kids and all the rest. Sure I would have had a reputation to maintain - so stuff like what I’m doing now would be out of the question. However I am sure the past 38 years of the lifestyle I lead compared to theirs would have made them stay where they are.

You watch, if nothing comes from the Global Social Contract, Positive Mandate or Worldwide Vote, it will just be another wasted life - better to have lived it in the ivory tower…..

As the last of a dying bread of philosopher, I do have a connection to the young people they probably don’t have. That is not of teacher and student, but one-on-one like I have. I can still bridge the gap. I still care about them instead of writing them off as most oldsters do.

Life is a cheat, you get to see this first hand from my experience. You would think ideas to help humanity would be entertained and embraced, but the opposite is often the case! I was “able” and never met anyone better than me - so I had to try to change the world for the better, even from the most disadvantaged position. That was why I adopted the moral imperative to act. It doesn’t mean I will be successful - but if people like me don’t even try, then others of less ability and integrity will, and that does not lead humanity in the best of ways…..

Last of a breed - good thing I operate as a lone wolf…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/zGRnw7Y-pVY
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hum, depressed funk I’m in.

It comes and goes. People literally ask me why I do this. The moral imperative you know - more than likely you will kicked around and most likely failure in a rather ignominious way. But you have to make the plays - that moral imperative.

Anyway, I have to keep things running at IAIJ and FOF and that means keeping the hardware running and the websites working. I have made inroads on the secondary board we have to update. I also have a bunch of domains to renew. This is how it is most of the time. I do have ideas and try to get them out there which sometimes can be exciting; but the office bills have to be paid and the garbage has to be thrown out - always that…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/JaaT_HRb4GU
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another day doing stuff.

Something I just thought about, I don’t believe anyone and that is “one” person that thought I would ever be successful at what I am trying to do. They will say that you don’t have a chance - but here is the funny part: Nobody ever told me directly to quit - and that was odd. I’ve done lots of stuff and gotten further than I ever thought doing the advocacy. So you have this bizarre situation where a guy thinks my goals are futile, but nevertheless will acknowledge and applaud the latest steps (like going to the actual General Assembly) and say something like “one step at a time”.

They consider it something to do as opposed to doing nothing. I did further things at the association for citizen journalists so there is always that. However, it is strange that nobody called me a fool or snickered at my aspirations. Like they appreciate and respect the aspiration and effort even though they believe it will go nowhere. So it’s not as bad as you would think. You score some and lose out on others. You just keep going, but I never had to react to a full out repudiation of what I am trying to do - so there is that…..

https://youtu.be/58sP8azcHfQ
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to get serious about the trip.

For those who were wondering about speeches, like I said it was “don’t call us we will call you”, and they didn’t call. Still, you just never know especially in the last days of covid so I’ll still come with a three minute speech prepared just in case something bizarre happens. I’m starting to hear about possible attendees and yes - speaking there is very hard to get. Anyway, the three minute speech is actually a two minute thirty second speech as you have to slow down a bit for the translators. It’s better at the UN as the translators have a copy of your speech. At UNESCO they did not and would come out and tell you to slow down!

So first was the hotel. Then the plane trip. I just kept my US cash from the abandoned first trip in August. I now have emergency medical insurance. The big problem now is a really good carry on bag that could hold two suits a couple of shirts and shoes. I’ll try to get that out of the way this weekend. I’ll just buy a couple of new white shirts for the trip and maybe a new tie.

United Nations Headquarters

I’ll be more careful out and about and may go back to wearing a mask as I don’t want to catch anything last minute. And that is how it goes this day…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/SQNtGoM3FVU
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Friday just before 5:00PM I got this:

Below are the final instructions on how to get to the meeting and all the security you have to go through. This thing is happening!

A busy day on Saturday but Saturday night I will dive into the Global Social Contract and the unexpected pluses it has which are crucial for humanity keeping pace with tech progress out of control (hint: It’s not linear but in jumps).

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/--oYtp61D0c
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it’ still Saturday night, so I may as well make good on what I said earlier today

Right now, when you deal with people from another country your nationalities have an influence on how you treat the others as everyone has a national identity with the country they are from. Same with religion, with faith it (or even if you have no faith) has an influence on how you treat other people. Similar, but ethnic lifestyles are also the same way.

Now, let’s say you were to add a new identity free of religion, nationalism, etnicity or class and all those discriminatory affectations. What if you just had a global identity and now a single vote just like everyone else? This would be a new realm for humanity and all the new types of technology could present themselves here as they had no impact on religion or nationality or classes and so on. You have something brand new and could start afresh. Since everyone has kept their religion and national identity, there is no reason to reform or change anything there. The people just carry on as usual but have this extra layer to play in.

The fact is that humans are biological beings, and like other animals, changes especially drastic changes in their environment are disruptive to their wellbeing. This Global Social Contract changes nothing in their lives but adds new ideas and social ways to interact with each other as never seen before.

People keep trying to change embedded attitudes and traditions and then replace them. You will never have the time or success trying to wipe embedded religious and cultural parts of everyone’s identity. So you have to go forward not even bothering to change any of that and the only way I can see is by creating a new layer in our minds with a new identity and that is a new Global Social Contract and each person’s Global Identity. They keep living their lives as before with all those cultural and religious affections in place and a part of their everyday life, but they also have this new identity that does not directly conflict with anything else in their self identity.

Take for example a global vote on climate change. Having a vote globally with everyone having one vote pushed through a smart phone app gets a vote that does not necessarily follow whatever nationalistic policy the country they live in may have. You see in that moment when they vote they are free to vote as they wish while proxy representation in our nationalistic identity may be something we personally don’t agree with.

Anyway, you get the idea. In this new social contract we are free to do as we please and very fast because we don’t change anything outside of this social contract. This also means we can contain new social development to this Global Social Contract and keep humans adapting more readily to technological change. And it needn’t be linear, that would take too long even in a global social contract. Rather we could do it in jumps. Like a new version of a video game. We all just agree on a newer set of values as the global social contract develops and implement it. By jumping- huge strides in social development can occur in decade’s rather than centuries – which we do not have.

You get the idea. This rapid development was not the original idea here – just starting the Global Social Contract was the big deal - it evolved from here as an original idea. But as this aspect of all our minds develops, we are not tethered to any of our older aspects of our culture. In this new realm we can develop without changing anything in our traditional lives.

That’s enough for today…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/sGCfC4NvQaY
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend was much more laid back than normal - but things still got done.

I solved the carry on luggage issues by borrowing one of my sister’s carry on luggage and will see how packing will go and if this won’t work I will know what else to look for.

I’ve started on that three minute speech I will not make, but you never know what can happen so I’m crafting one just in case. The first draft is done and condensing it for time.

I’m cutting the hair for the trip - but actually that is pretty good for a 60 year old dude!

I’m figuring out how short my hair should be. Definitely not the old man afro and more conventional with short sides and a curly top.

Normally I would just go with a navy suit and a red tie but the last time I gave a General Assembly speech I was invited to the evening affair put on by two member nations and that was cool and fun! So - just in case - I’ll pack the black suit and a black tie and take all that with me. Otherwise it’s a couple of T-shirts, a sweater and black jeans for the plane trip and roaming around New York.

I’ll trim down up to the event. All I need to do is stop stuffing my face with high fat content foods and the gut disappears. The photo below is me in my bicycle racing outfit (I used that in 1982 or so) - 40 years ago. The fact I still fit in it was amazing - but anyway I start eating right - now!

I’m sucking it in - but actually that is pretty good for a 60 year old dude!

I still fit into my bicycle racing skins from my early 20s!

Not bad and the ass is still ok - but those love handles at the hips were not there in my 20s!

I also have to get back to updating the secondary board and finish that up. The trip has priority but most of that is done.

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just more preparations for the trip.

I have to find out exactly what happens at the airport when I arrive.

I still have to pull out my suits and make sure they fit and all that. I did go to funerals and such during covid but better safe than sorry with the suits and the fit.

I have to set up the ArriveCan app again.

I still can’t figure out whether to take the laptop with me or leave it home. I have to buy one of those adapters or jump drive sticks with a lightening connector to even think of traveling without a laptop. I could make it work but I need to make sure I can create and edit a Word document and pdf it and send it to a stick for printing at staples or workstation at the hotel.

I updated the old iPhone to iOS 16. Some people with my exact phone had them brick updating OTA but to my relief it all want well. I did think about holding off until after the trip but maybe I’m being a bit too paranoid now.

This stuff will be boring to you all but important to me - so…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/HP-M0g1eCoU
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuff in New York has disappeared because of Covid 19.

The biggest disappearance for me was that fabulous shuttle to LaGuardia for like 14 bucks instead of the 65 by cab! It appears the company went belly up in 2020 due to low traffic and Covid.

So now I’m scrambling for alternatives. Anyway, this time I may just have to pay for a taxi!

I still have to do the Arrivecan app and make copies of my vaccine status and I should be good to go. Six days to departure. Years ago I would hardly be thinking of the trip at this time but two years of pandemic took its toll and now everything is changed and a big deal.

All of this is important as I actually have a fully fleshed out Global Social Contract to offer the world and the United Nations is the best place for that to happen. Humans are very mailable if you know how to do it. Years ago I was sitting outside at the old New York Public Library and noted all those people coming and going - like ants on an ant hill - all the people in the world could have their perspective changed by what I have to offer. They are like hard drives that can be updated just like all those computers running Windows that get updated from time to time. Right now this could almost be looked at as a valuable tool to save humanity from itself - anyway, enough of that now.

Sure this trip is more of a recon mission for maybe - maybe - a genuine play for adoption later as it would require a vote in General Assembly. Everything takes time and as one person said last week: “One step at a time!”

So hopefully this step is successful…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/-68z7GY_Ew0
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting to hustle with preparations…..

First of all it’s almost impossible to get a iPhone usb stick! Maybe six on sale in all of Toronto. Best Buy will say they have them, get there and it says one, and then can’t find it. The next Best Buy had a more motivated person and he actually found one to my surprise. So anyway the jump drive stick is done.

The last thing that would free myself from my laptop was a pdf creator. You either pay Adobe a boat load of money to save a document as a pdf or go looking for some other app that will do it - even for a pay per use deal. So far they are all crap. Maybe I can do it without pdf and just rock the phone. I’ll decide on the weekend.

I still have to find out if I can get my regular access card at the UN. I still have the necessary letter and security clearance from the United Nations so that is a go. That will probably be the first thing I try out when I land as my photo is over five years old and they will want one if I show up - so going there first when I land means I have the suit, shirt and tie in the carry-on. So the plan is to show up there in jeans and a t-shirt and then if prompted slap on the shirt/tie/jacket over the t-shirt, take the photo and throw it back in the carry-on.

If I can do all that on Tuesday morning then I get the rest of the day off to roam around New York and get used to my “home away from home”. Probably a walk in Central Park and maybe visit the Museum of Modern Art. Then walk through Times Square and see if the top-less (or painted top) women are still doing their thing - remember that I was a proponent of this “right” back in the day. Then off to B&H Photo just to check stuff out.

Then I just prepare for the main event.

For Thursday I just pick out what I will wear and take with me. I still don’t know if I will lake two suits but if it’s tight and heavy it will just be the navy.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/rkpG4XApJ28
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things continue to progress…..

The update to our secondary board is almost done. That was a bugger at like half a year of posts but just a month left to finish that.

I’m down to buying those tiny toothpaste and deodorant travel packages to take along. I tested packing the navy suit on the carry on and it works. I also found a place to put my laptop in there but then found a pdf app that works! I can subscribe to it for five days at a time as needed so this works and takes care of the last hurdle to rocking only with the phone.

Work on the speeches: I continue and the three minute should be done by the end of the day and the super short speech on the weekend.

I have no idea what the impact of Queen Elizabeth’s funeral will have on the UN as many world leaders will be there. Also no idea on our little get together; but more uncertainty means more chances for me…..

Just remember that this is not a TV show or a movie. The good guy does not always triumph in the end. The good guy doesn’t necessarily get the girl in the end. And whoever said I was the good guy? I’m sure many consider me the Devil proposing one world government - which is totally not true. Anyway I am sure all “villains” think they are doing the right thing. In fact, for actors to properly play a villain they have to get inside the villain’s head and see things from the villain’s perspective to truly become the part. Hopefully I’m not a villain as the good guy has more fun…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/f9PTxztXQLM
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the vacation/UN trip is on…..

I will probably drive and park at the airport as it’s more convenient and way cheaper if you are doing just a two day trip. This will offset the expense of using a taxi from the airport in New York.

I have the speeches - I will never make done - so that is a relief. You make these just in case, as you never know.

There is still live action business through FOF Records in New York as we have registered the label as a corporation in the States!

The hair is cut to a length I can live with.

I bought all the toiletries to take down there.

Really, the only unknown is what happens at the airport getting down to New York.

United Nations Headquarters

Seriously, the trip is just a recon at the actual General Assembly and trying to get back to the pre-pandemic lifestyle. Not everything is the same, so I just have to get used to this new reality.

Goodnight…..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 376, 377, 378 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 377 of 416

Jump to: