Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 375, 376, 377 ... 415, 416, 417  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick one because nobody here cares about it.

Even though I have only a slight chance of success, I still would not mind looking good at that moment. When I was a kid I knew exactly what a good custom suit looked like. Simply, almost anyone can dress like the wealthiest man in the world. To have the car and house is another matter, but the clothing and even the watch is attainable.

I used to have a Rolex based on this model of only needing the watch and suit but sold that decades ago. However I have arguable the most expensive glasses in the world but you have to know where to look to notice. If you do, those little Ziess holograms (yes I have holograms in my eye glass lenses) say it all more than anything that screams out of your look. You can’t just buy them you have to order them and import them from Germany. I broke one lens twice over the years and they will refuse to replace just one if a matched set would produce better results and not charge extra. Anyway for smart phones anything Apple Watch stainless steel and up separates you from the proles and that is only like 1200CAN but not 7 grand like a Rolex.

The suit is a harder nut to crack. For a guy like me - don’t even bother with ready to wear because of my torso. For you others that have regular torsos off the rack there are some clues. Real button holes and quality buttons for one - and I mean everywhere - and rounded corners everywhere. No fabric or care labels anywhere though Ralph Lauren purple label has them. Once you know the score you can spot them a mile away. The problem for me as a kid was that I was in sales and this level of suit could be a liability, but now as a CEO I can finally go all out and wear what I want to wear.

Right now I wear cheap Ralph Lauren and cheap Calvin Klein. Actually it’s all Calvin Klein as the suit it is the best I ever got off the rack and it travels well. I have come face to face with multi-billionaires wearing the same suit as me as they simply make a guy like us look better than we should and they travel well. If not traveling they more than likely would wear something custom. Armani is probably one of the best known but you need the torso that fits while guys like me are stuck with Klein and a custom suit.

I could go in and on but I will spare you.

I do have a custom suit in the closet, a family friend who designs mens wear and made my wedding suit for me custom made. I go to high end trailers and they will tell you what you want. They will even tell you that you are not walking out of the shop until they feel the suit is properly done. I just love that kind of snobbery up front. If you don’t hear that reputation protection clause in the first meeting, go somewhere else. And no monograms!

That was what was going through my mind today - whether you care or not…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/F0uyIHVxijM
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m taking care of some troubling little things for Sunday.

First is my phone lines that are international. I will have to get to it on Monday as my credit card data was updated yet they tell me they only have the expired card – this stuff is just the price of doing business but a pain in the ass to sort out!

A whole pile of bills got paid and I went through the motions to pay stuff off now that all the credit stuff is gone. I have to remind you how actually being able to keep your money starts to make you cheap when buying stuff. It even makes you question why you indulge yourself at places like Starbucks. You realize that you were paying over double the price for those TV dinners at the convenience store as opposed to the grocery store, that you love to eat on the weekend. Stuff like that. You have a CAA loyalty card that gives you cash back on gas and stuff like that and never used it - until now. Before when you had short-term debt you never felt like nickel and diming like this because the results just went to the credit cards anyway – now things have changed.

I have a kitchen table for all the mail that comes in. It all has to be sorted and paid and put away. It was a good thing I paid off all the video upgrades because I would have shuttered the operation down if I left it to now. It is easy to keep the corporations puttering along even if they are doing nothing but making upgrades to assets with no need for the new material does not make sense. It was an easier upgrade – believe it or not – when I had short-term debt as the cost was just numbers on a page. Now the cost is more real as it could be cash in the bank for me now. It is just a perspective I never really had for a very long time.

The new editor!

With the upgrades happening before I paid it all off you feel like you spent money for no reason but the abilities and the readiness to just start something at will and not spend money up front to do it was the right move – knowing me. The gang will be back to performing and I will have to videotape that – at least I have modern equipment and an editor that can handle the higher resolutions. I’m a movie buff and make my own films, and at least I still have the capability to do that – so it was worth it even if I am fighting with my cheap self.

The new camcorder for live-action!

I am at an age where you can’t just let time dig you out of things you now get into. I am not 40 anymore and getting out of all those money traps makes you not want to get back into them. That is why the companies now run as businesses. They have to pay for themselves now.

For the advocacy you pay to play and that is different. So the money saved now will probably be spent on the next trip the New York. That is fine with me now.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/DZ_WDLA9i7c
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A make up post today…..

I just want to remind you all that as I revel in the thought of making a speech during the big show - The formal General Assembly in September - this does not mean it is going to happen. I may get a second chance to attend - but probably the same result. However the chances this year are greater than before due to Covid. So I’m just chilling and daydreaming about the possibilities - anyway…..

I was looking at some old photos. The are fading so I want to scan and keep them for posterity. I’ll get this out in the open and tell you that the cuff-links in my wedding day shirt are the real deal - a Confederate Officer’s official cufflinks from the American Civil War. Remember that this was 1991 before anything Confederate became evil. This was not my cuff links, they were given to me by a friend for my “special day” and given back at the end of the reception. This is curious as this didn’t mean anything back then as it does now. In fact I could be seen running around Ryerson with a Confederate belt buckle as well as the “ETC” one I am famous for wearing. The far-right was there in Winnipeg and Edmonton and that was how I grew up. Raised by questionable Germans fleeing before the Nazi regime fell, I was treated as one of the family sleeping in the same bed as a cute German girl at night, and being sang and then singing along with German nursery rhymes, German was my first language and the first words out of my mouth were German - these were happy times.

For a black/brown guy, things started on its bizarre right-wing path with almost all my friends being born with Nazi roots and war metals like an Iron Cross from my best friend’s grandfather who was a Wolfpack Commander. Just a bizarre upbringing. Big army camps in Edmonton and Winnipeg and also the birth of the far-right in Canada. Anyway I had nowhere to go but a resume they could not ignore, so they let me in, the boss man said I was in and that was that - and they treated me as one of their own, the kid with red hair.

Later on they showed me how society works and I began lobbying for them in the Senate. Then 911 came and within two years I was gone pursuing my own ideas which had nothing to do with left or right or even politics in general - I am my own man with my own ideas….. In fact in 2005 I came back to them asking if they needed any help - student surpasses teacher…..

The man you have before you was raised and made by the far-right - try to get your head around that! They did treat me as one of their own without qualifications and I have to respect that as it came from nowhere else. They made a man out of me. It wasn’t perfect and I had my fair share of family fights as there were white supremacists there, but it was not quite as you would think - but I have to tell it as it was…..

To reiterate: I’m not right or left or middle. I went beyond that and now offer that to the world as a new Global Social Contact! You have to understand that labeling on any side is not good for the future of humanity. You simply have to enter a new global realm where those old appendages of hate don’t apply. Before you shoot down the idea - give it a try as we have so few options left…..

That’s it for now and this trip down memory lane.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/Q7iU5hfG53w
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I’d better get this post out quick before they kick me out of the UN for borrowing some cufflinks thirty two years ago….. The guy that gave me those cufflinks was my best friend Raymond who was also best man at my wedding.

Good luck spotting those cufflinks!

So no - he is no white supremacist, but his grandfather was thrown into the Japanese internment camp even though he told them he was Chinese and could prove it. They threw him in anyway, sold his house and business to some other white guys cheap and never gave any of it back. I think his dad and others tried for years to get restitution but all they got was an apology. So trust me, my best friend was no white supremacist but he did collect militaria and when I needed some cufflinks he had these and so I used them. He also had a RAF pilot’s leather flight bag if that also colors your opinion…..

So let us go back 45 years when I liked to collect interesting belt buckles and picked up a confederate one that looked interesting. No the belt buckle did not look like it had an Confederate flag on it, just the letters C S. I don’t even know what happened to it - and no - I’m not a white supremacist! So if you are from the UN reading this, don’t disqualify the brown guy because he is some racist white supremacist in brown skin, and then invite a bunch of white guys slapping each other on the back about what a good job they did on discrimination (at the discrimination commemoration event) - then they all go out to some expensive lunch or dinner. If that happens I’m going to absolutely “wig out”!

It is funny how some totally innocuous thing from the past can haunt you in the present. Sort of like some guy in the future popping up in thin air in the present and telling me I’m off to the future court because I used Ajax to clean things back in 1991! then poof - off I go to court and prison. That is how things are today, vilify some object, catch someone with it and then ascribe all sorts of negative attributes to that person and get them kicked out of their job. That is what is happening these days and even though the website says “Fortress of Freedom” even I have to be careful what I say…..

There is no way to change what goes in a mind by changing language or vilifying and so on. The fastest way is to get all people interacting on a completely different plain than they are used to. To deal with everyone else on a clean slate in a realm where attributes are not yet connected to the usual standards as they are today. The new Global Social Contract has this and more - if the gate keepers will let me in to disseminate it…..

In other news:

Jessica King wrote:
New Phone Number in Sydney, Australia!

By Jessica King

Sydney!

We have a new contact number in Sydney, Australia and the new number is:

6128-015-5137

This phone number is for convenience of members in the Australia to save on long distance charges.

We will update the contact web pages in a few days.

FORTRESS OF FREEDOM: BRINGING THE MASS MEDIA TO THE MASSES!

Technically we still have it, but now we are being kicked out of our Tokyo number and they now want 1 grand a year to operate it. We don’t need it that bad so off it goes - reluctantly. It was a land-line and I suppose these are a rarity now so in its place we have a new number in Australia specifically Sydney. The new number keeps us longitudinally diverse though latitudinally there is some room for improvement.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/l_LeJfn_qW0
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll finish up with the phone line web pages today.

It’s just a waiting game now. Anyway you just keep chilling. The plays will be made but it’s not like the early days when everything was new and goals were easy to attain. Now the goals are nearly impossible! I literally want to add something new to everyone’s life on earth - and just how plausible is that…..

The fact that I can even consider it a possibility is amazing in itself - but there you are. Of course if successful the whole thing will be smaller than envisioned but people are yearning for something new and I have something new.

So I’m trying to get the word out about the Global Social Contract and you watch - for a place that should be open to at least hearing about new international ideas - the United Nations - they will most likely try to block these attempts by me. This is no guarantee but the usual reaction to something new. However, for me there is nothing else to do and nowhere else to go until these plays are made.

You just have to stick with it and make the plays as planned and see what happens. I’m not looking for views or likes here. This blog of sorts is just an archive of what happened. Anyway some stuff in the media will surely happen to give you all some diversion - but the real story is trying to change the world with new ideas and that isn’t a one hour TV show or feature length movie - it just is what it is…..

Goodnight…..

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/RjrA-slMoZ4
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the good news is that I was accepted to attend the Discrimination Commemoration event in the middle of the 77th General Assembly this September (thank you United Nations):

According to the email they still have not finalized the speakers but I remind you all to realize getting into the General Assembly took me 7 years and getting to speak is way, way harder - even though I have the solution to discrimination - there is always that!

I had to tell my gang about the news - protocol - so you had to find out the next day. So far I have hotel and flight bookings because these go fast. If the flights get buggered up I can literally just hop in my car and drive there in a pinch!

So - so far so good.

We will make a more formal announcement later today, but this all happened faster than I thought. The funny part was that originally (all these years) the goal was just to get into the General Assembly where all the world leaders congregate - in fact this is the only place where this really happens. However this year we had a chance to speak. So when I got the acceptance it was “Yes” - but what about the speech? So as usual you get the goal which is instantly replaced with another one…..

United Nations Headquartes

If I get to speak I will lay out the procedure to eradicate discrimination in a very pragmatic way via the new Global Social Contract - and it works! Adding in that extra layer that allows us as a humanity to grow and develop while bypassing the problems of un-learning or reforming pass discrimination patterns (which would be almost impossible) is the only way! All they have to do is give me a voice to disseminate the cure. We are that close now folks…..

Anyway, that was Wednesday!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/Z5NoQg8LdDk
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a nut shell, this is how the new Global Social Contract will combat discrimination in all its forms. Frankly, I don’t know of any other way to do it other than this new Global Social Contract and here it is:

The best way to achieve the goals and spirit of the Declaration on the Rights of Persons Belonging to National or Ethnic, Religious and Linguistic Minorities, is by adoption of a new Global Social Contract at the United Nations. People around the world are not only citizens of their respective countries, but with technology they now also have a global identity and vision best enabled with a new Global Social Contract to which everyone is concerned with everyone else in humanity and especially those who are treated unfairly. A new Global Social Contract focused on the needs and well being and dignity of all individuals on earth cements the obligations of each individual in the world to think about and help others to a better life as a global citizen. This type of social contract extends outside of the current geopolitical norm and adds new synergies that could not exist in the current geopolitical state, and the payoff for participation is different from the usual needs for sustaining life. Furthermore, decision making, and governance would have to be a global construct for individuals or else you are back to the current geopolitical models. This could be looked at as an additional layer at the United Nations where individuals can work together as global citizens to improve the lives of all. The United Nations is the best place for such a new Global Social Contract as much humanitarian work such as the Sustainable Development Goals are there, and this new Global Social Contract will add to those efforts and develop human society to this new global reality. We at the International Association of Independent Journalists Inc. will attempt to show how it could work and was published through us as a book called “A Global Social Contract”.

Every Social Contract has to have a purpose and this new Global Social Contract has as its foundation the concept of increasing happiness as its payoff for participation. This is not some hypothesis but the result of a thirteen-year experiment we undertook to find out what makes people happy. The experiment is called “The Fortress Experiment” and focused on what was important in our lives and ultimately how we should all live our lives. The conclusion of the experiment was that as individuals and as a humanity we should, in addition to laws and other cultural and religious aspects of our lives, strive for the greatest expression of our mental and physical abilities, not only because it makes rational sense in enriching our culture and bringing forth all ideas to solve whatever problems may befall us; but most importantly because it makes us happy!

So, if allowing the fullest expression of our abilities makes us happy, to deny freedom of expression by social exclusion or inequality would make us unhappy by restricting ideas and cultural development and most importantly personal development. By adoption of this principle of happiness through freedom of expression in all its forms, people will see its efficacy and why discrimination works against happiness and this will have a positive effect on any past discriminatory feeling they once had. Therefore, a culture fostering free expression would seem to be desirable, but could this result in any negative consequences? We can answer this concern by stating that in the 13 years we followed all participants, no harm was done to their families, their communities, and their nations. This concept is simple, easily understood by all, and the elasticity of use and sureness of theory is broad and strong enough to be published through us as a book and concept called a “Positive Mandate for Humanity”. By looking at social problems through the viewpoint of this goal of freest expression of humanity’s physical and mental abilities, we see that this concept solves many social problems with the adoption of this broad mandate. Many parts of the “Universal Declaration of Human Rights” such as Article 19 now become self-evident to all because they are needed to allow us the freest expression of our mental and physical abilities because it makes us happy. Social inequalities such as systemic exclusion from higher education, barriers to career opportunities and even social growth such as cultural barriers to choosing a partner and marriage, are now looked at as restrictions of our fullest expression in those areas and thus all are addressed by this one concept alone. Adopting a mandate such as this would seem to have the largest benefit to all people on earth and at the lowest cost and other resources. This idea of happiness would be the central theme of this new Global Social Contract.

Governance and decision making in this new Global Social Contract could be done through smartphones potentially giving everyone on earth a vote on activities related to that new Global Social Contract. This vote would be held through an application on smartphones and allow for governance and decision making within this sphere of the new Global Social Contract. The numbers increase yearly but currently in the world (2021) there are approximately 4.66 billion or 59.5% of the earth’s population who are online and of those people online approximately 4.32 billion or 92.6% use mobile devices to access the internet (Statista). For a report on this very subject, we provided a working platform for a general public popular vote at the United Nations through a smartphone application and secure servers. The android application used for this vote was coded for the current operating systems for smartphones in the world, and we had working examples of this application at a side event we hosted at the 55th Session of the Commission for Social Development (“Improving the Online Participation of the General Public at United Nations Events”) on February 7, 2017 at the United Nations in New York City. Such an application could be downloaded by a smartphone user to their device and opening the application would allow that user the ability to vote on decision making or for governance within this new Global Social Contract.

Our study also showed 72.34% when polled would endorse this form of public participation at the United Nations. It was then shown that the total burden on the internet of a one-day global vote of all 7.7 billion people on earth would only increase data usage by one eighth of one percent that day. Finally, the study showed that the Preamble and Article 8 and Article 71 of the “Charter of the United Nations”, permit men and women without discrimination to participate at the United Nations in all its organs. I am a citizen of the country I live in, but I also have an identity as a global citizen, and what happens in a country halfway around the world can be as important to me as what happens in my own country. Everyone on earth is a citizen of the world and as the ultimate stakeholders all our voices matter. Participation of everyone on earth is possible as a part of this new Global Social Contract.

So, what we have here are the most important building blocks for a new Global Social Contract, the central idea of increasing happiness and dramatically decreasing discrimination in all its forms and a way for humanity as individuals to participate in decision making and governance at the global level. We could look at this as a new layer of interaction in the geopolitical landscape either as a part of current United Nations operations as enshrined in its constitution, or as a third house at the United Nations. Human society is always developing and an individual global identity for every person with all that entails as part of a new Global Social Contract can only be seen as a good thing for the future and especially for eliminating the current suffering of all minorities. By creating this new mental space in the minds of everyone, we don’t have to reform or unlearn things like past enshrined aspects of discrimination; as dealing with others on an equal basis in this new social contract will show discrimination in all its forms works against human happiness and that the concept of free expression in all its forms can make us happy but only if it works for everyone else also, and this is how you begin to eliminate discrimination. If the concept of free expression makes you happy, to deny it to others is inconsistent and so it must apply to all, and since everyone has the same one person one vote in this realm – it would be almost impossible to go back to the discriminatory practices of the past in this new Global Social Contract!

This new Global Social Contract head space for all also makes it faster (by multiples) to develop humanity to cope with technology as we no longer have to reform cultural, religious and nationalistic culture and traditions, to adopt new cultural measures for technology racing forward. That development can be contained in this new Global Social Contract while leaving the other aspects of our existence alone. If these new mental developments have a positive trickle-down effect into those other parts of our mind then all the better, but this new Global Social Contract would seem to be the only pragmatic way to continue human development in a world where technology develops faster than biological beings can keep pace with. We need a new Global Social Contract! Many of the details of this new Global Social Contract at the United Nations are too complex to address in this statement; therefore, it would be our pleasure to answer any questions later if requested. I thank you for your attention.

So after all that exposition that seems to be the only viable way to reform the more negative aspects of the human mind, and I believe this deserves to be disseminated at the United Nations…..

https://youtu.be/d1OxmTR-RU8

https://youtu.be/R-dPx1LPOpU

https://youtu.be/QyONpXCLd2I

https://youtu.be/tuuCKyCrcT0
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The play is being played…..

Sam wrote:
IAIJ to Attend 77th Session of the General Assembly!

By Samantha Blackwell, IAIJ Inc. / FOF Inc.

The International Association of Independent Journalists Inc. will be attending the “High-level meeting of the 77th session of the General Assembly to mark the commemoration of the thirtieth anniversary of the adoption of the Declaration on the Rights of Persons Belonging to National or Ethnic, Religious and Linguistic Minorities”. The event will happen on September 21 (2022) at United Nations Headquarters in New York City.

United Nations Headquarters

Coming to the event on behalf of IAIJ will be its President and CEO Maurice Ali. IAIJ will be there to observe and participate at the event taking place at the Trusteeship Council Chamber at 10:00.

More news of the event will be added as it becomes available.

IAIJ: JOURNALISTS IN ACTION AROUND THE WORLD!

How did I end up here? And why me and not someone else? If you step out of a linear timeline you could say that the person to make this play at this time is someone with a business but especially a background in philosophy and the necessary motivation to do so while not encumbered by family and with the resources to make it happen all the while with an organization in consultative status at the United Nations - and - with a revolutionary idea to pitch to the world, to make the play. Well - that does narrow it down.

That type of reflection does not matter anymore as I am I am here and now with the opportunity to go further than anyone before me! That is just the reality of the situation. It is strange to think back at all the people who were very critical of me back then for majoring in philosophy. I did graduate from Ryerson Business School before that - but still they criticized. And here I am and where are they? My goal was to be President and CEO of a corporation back in business school - there is no denying that you are now a legitimate CEO - the only people let into the General Assembly are world leaders and you are now a part of that. The Fates - though - gave me what I wanted, just not the way I wanted it. So I may be a legitimate CEO but I’m one of the saddest examples. I’m one of the saddest examples making a play to change the world - who would have ever come up with this story in fiction? The answer is nobody, and that is why nothing beats reality in weirdness and I am just one example.

The Fates

So by looking back you see how The Fates ended up having you to make the play and not someone else. This is your play so you better get it right!

So far I have got it right but the final chapter will be if humanity wants what I have to offer. Anyway this week was OK. I truly expected to get a rejection email but so instead I got an invite. There is no sustained elevation or happiness to relax and take in - no - as soon as you got the invite it was all now about a possible speech.

Things are never as you expect it in the flesh. The fantasies are always better! However, it can’t be denied that I’m moving up in the world…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/p1t0qnNk4Y0
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m taking Sunday off…..

I took care of stuff like memberships at IAIJ on Saturday so I can cruise on Sunday. Sam is busy with her son. Tyler is taking some time off, and so on for the rest. Until university starts up it is basically me keeping the lights on. Anyway, here is an interesting article from our latest member living in Germany:

https://www.iaij.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1095

Anyway I’m making more changes in my spending habits. First is only going to Starbucks once a day. I thought about cold-turkey but once a day is fine now. If I add up the refresher I have in the afternoon the money lost is incredible! Now in the morning it’s a bit different. If I don’t go to Starbucks I’ll go to Tim Hortons for my coffee so we are talking the price difference between the two. If I add a cheese stick at Starbucks it’s actually cheaper than a donut at Hortons I believe. So the morning gruel at Starbucks can stay for now.

I am also a sucker for TV dinners in a pinch. I used to buy them at the convenience store but now the price is 8.99. Shopping at the grocery store has them at 3.50 - WTF! So I now buy them at the grocery store for some reason that escapes me.

Poser at the Starbucks drive-through, nice ride though!

Now note that all the while I had short term debt I never gave this stuff a second thought. It’s only when I paid that all off that I started noticing all this overpriced stuff. You see people making tons of money but still going into debt. Take Starbucks, I saw this one guy in an expensive Mercedes sportscar walking out with trays of drinks and a box of munchies from Starbucks. Probably 100-150 bucks of product. This guy is probably in some questionable business giving his questionable employees the gruel and munchies perpetuating the myth that this is the “good life” as they scam ordinary people out of their money. Kevin O'Leary (Canadian billionaire, “Mr. Wonderful”) would alway chastise people who went to Starbucks as he went to Hortons. Now I get where he is coming from. All those people in the drive through with their new cars and Apple watches and so on - the cheap icons of the “good life” - probably have little equity and like good consumers give it all up for flash and style. They probably get laid by those gullible enough to believe it - then a baby is the result and all the dreams of being rich are gone forever…..hahahahaha…..

The only thing is Starbucks make the creamy coffee I love - there is always that!

Also, realize that my chances of making a speech during General Assembly are slim, they are not nil but they are slim. I just want to prepare some of you for disappointment. Getting a spot to speak is hard enough, but then getting selected with the type of material I have is a tall order to make happen. My ideas are not exactly embraced by all at the UN - but my ideas can work for to the betterment of humanity. It is what it is…..

Goodnight…..

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/mRXKnG2eugU
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated the Global Social Contract book and changed the cover to a gloss finish.

Glossy cover looks best!

The default finish is matte which is ok but after seeing the Worldwide Vote book in the flesh I’m going glossy! That will be how they all are going forward.

I’m also taking care of the house now. I cut the weeds growing into trees in the escavated patio and more trimming due in Monday morning. Throwing out the garbage I have in the kitchen and stuff like that.

It is literally three weeks until my trip to New York and I have to start planning ahead. I have the plane flight and the hotel which is huge. Prices are now skyrocketing with 1300 - 3300 dollars for one night! That is insane! Most are around the 600-700 dollar range right now. To avoid getting bumped at the last minute on a plane you have to pay extra for a specific seat so only if the flight is cancelled should there be a problem but commuter flights to New York are always booked solid so this should not be a problem. As a last resort I can simply drive there, ditch the car at the airport and take the train in. The hotel where I am is just north of Times Square and I’ll probably take the subway to Grand Central and hoof it from there.

That’s about it for the weekend.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/qBruAooXPNU
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuff at the office.

My old 32 bit Thinkpad has problems starting up. I’ll try to fix it and then copy all the files off the machine and try to get another hard drive.

In the music it looks like maybe some more music from Lucifari. Also, if you have to take photos - do not assume anything. That Lucifari shirt I modelled would have had a different pose if I knew it was full body. Even looking to the side would be better. I was instructing the person how to shoot the camera and all and figured it would just be a crop of the shirt not showing my face…..

Lesson learned…..

So three weeks to New York. I’ll dust off the suits and pick one or two. I would have splurged for a custom suit as I want one but no time. Probably buy a new tie and shirt as the collars go bad - at least how I use them. I should also make sure the shoes still fit. I went and bought a leather laptop case after the successful Positive Mandate outing back in 2019, but practically I really need a vinyl case with zippers everywhere.

Remember - don’t count on the speech - but like the early hotel booking, time is short and you have been out of this lifestyle for two years with only a written statements for the vote and contract. I have to get back into the groove again…..

António Guterres

It is wild though - that you can have some genuine ideas that could really help humanity, but you have to pray and hope that you actually get to speak about it at the venues that matter the most. Of course everyone thinks what they have to say is important; but it I’m pretty sure this Global Social Contract deserves special consideration. The Secretary General specifically asked for a new Global Social Contract and it is my duty bound task as an NGO in Consultative Status to give it to him, if they will let me…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So from yesterday’s post you may wonder where this new social contract desire statement by the Secretary General came from. Well it came from here:

https://www.democracywithoutborders.org/14025/un-chief-calls-for-a-new-model-for-global-governance/

There have been attempts at things like a global parliament recently proposed by people like Madeleine Albright that fail in voting. There are others that build on Sustainable Development goals and such. Then there was the UN75 Peoples Declaration but still attaches sustainable goals and funding from the UN and thus is under the UN’s thumb and member nations. Going back you have the failed People’s Assembly from 1991 and so on.

More than anything, the Global Social Contract that I envision has a soul - that being the Positive Mandate. My Global Social Contract is a separate entity unlike the others, not just a reworked version of the current geopolitical environment - but something completely new! And best of all - we don’t necessitate the need for the UN - but the United Nations is the best place to start and have it grow.

There is one huge difference between my social contract and the others. It does not have to happen at the UN. This is most important because it means you don’t have to beg and plead or make it happen. You can take a more aggressive stance and tell them if it doesn’t happen at the United Nations - it will happen at Facebook or Twitter or any large international social platform and they will have absolutely no control of any of it. A new form of governance and don’t tell me big business won’t be interested - trust me on this as I am also a businessman That is the ace in the hole! World Powers like to have control over everything and this happening outside of their control is so unacceptable that they would endorse some version of it rather than it go to private enterprise. They may endorse it and just try to let it whither away, but that plan won’t work as it can go to international social platforms if they try to stifle funds and other delaying tactics in an attempt to make it go away.

I can say and do things at UN events the others can’t do. I am a lone wolf so I can pitch the idea of a global smartphone vote and it only sticks to me and not other NGOs and UN operations that require member nation money. I can disseminate ideas that later become legitimate talking points because I have nothing to lose. And I can get aggressive to get adoption under the real threat of taking it to big tech companies - in fact I have already done so:

By having alternatives to the UN, if we get interest we can keep everyone honest and on track because - we can always go to companies out there and out of their control. Due to discrimination they kicked me out of academia but living in the real world has made my philosophy more pragmatic and more effective to deliver real change and help for humanity based on a moral imperative I follow.

This kind of change everyone wants in Civil Society can become real but you have to be in a strategic position to make it happen! I believe I have this. Trust me, member nations will respect a guy like me and what I can do if promises get reneged on because I have options and the others do not - so why should anything change with the other plans.

Anyway, enough of the sermon. When it comes to speaking positions it is always “don’t call us - we will call you”. I want to help but that starts with me actually opening my mouth and disseminating ideas that need to get out there…..

What will actually happen in three weeks? I just go, attend the commemoration, visit old haunts in New York and come back.

What may happen. I give my speech and nothing happens. Maybe though someone takes some of the better ideas and incorporates them into other proposed social contracts. Maybe they take a interest in the whole thing as proposed by myself.

You just don’t know but you make the play. You try your best to make it happen at the United. Nations - but if it doesn’t happen - you take it to the commercial side and give some rich tech person the opportunity to truly make it into the history books.

Those are the cards that I am playing with - I ain’t nobody’s fool here…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/Nbf5RZSrPVo

https://youtu.be/IorI2P8HuIQ

https://youtu.be/pId_iSjg8Wo

https://youtu.be/_CVCM72lJSY
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I’m going to give you a break on the UN stuff except to say these were the minority discrimination events in 2022 that lead up to the high level event at the UN in three weeks:

Activities
* On 16 December 2021, A “Faith for Rights” Approach to Promoting Sustainable Peace, Webinar with US Institute of Peace and former OHCHR Minority Fellow and a video translating article 2 of the 1992 Declaration into music.
* On 19 January 2022, UN Network Webinar: Equal access to justice for all - combatting racial discrimination and enhancing protection of minorities in criminal justice systems
* On 27 January 2022, the 2022 Annual Symposium on the Role of Religion and Faith-based Organizations in International Affairs focused on mobilizing moral influence and governance to end the systemic injustices of racism, the legacy of colonialism.
* 27 January 2022, International Holocaust Remembrance Day.
* 21 February 2022, International Mother Language Day
* 21 March 2022, International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
* 8 April 2022, International Roma Day
* 25 April 2022 (marked on GA on 29 March), International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade
* May 2022, Expert Discussion on normative standards protecting minorities – ICCPR Article 27 and the 1992 Declaration on Minorities
* 2-3 May 2022, Europe & Central Asia Regional Forum on 30th Anniversary Opening ceremony and celebration at Diplomatic Academy, Vienna
* 21 May 2022, World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development
* May 30-June 2022, World Justice Forum Events
* May-June 2022, Intersectionality Stakeholder Consultations (UN Network on Racial Discrimination and Protection of Minorities)
* 18 June 2022, International Day for Countering Hate Speech (first marked in 2022)
* 14-15 June 2022, Asia-Pacific Regional Forum on Minorities: 30th anniversary theme
* 4-15 July 2022, Global Minority Rights Summer School marking the 30th anniversary of the UNDM: Achievements and Ways Forward
* 2 August 2022, Roma Holocaust Remembrance Day
* 31st August 2022, International day for People of African Descent 
* 15 September 2022 TBC, Event: Memorializing Roma History
* 19 September 2022 TBC, Side Event: Human Rights Council
* September 2022, Side Event: Human Rights Council (Intersectionality Pillar: UN Network on Racial Discrimination and Protection of Minorities)
* September/October 2022, High-Level Event/Panel Discussion
* 21 September 2022, High-level meeting of the 77th session of the General Assembly to mark the commemoration of the 30th anniversary - Trusteeship Council Chamber, UN Headquarters, NY

I have to say that the United Nations does take issues like this seriously so I posted the 2022 events going on into the General Assembly. So, like I said getting to speak at this event is really hard and it looks like you will be a panelist if picked. I have to say that my Global Social Contract creates that separate headspace in every person, and as such at least partly offers a solution to the inhibited social development of biological beings. We don’t have to reform any current parts of the human culture, but add to it in this new level of experience and thought - that is as simple as I can put it - and it gets rid of discrimination! Anyway I mostly made my pitch here as to why I should be there to speak - and not much more to be said. If they want you they will contact you and if not you just go there…..

Back to my ordinary existence:

It seems my old ThinkPad had a trojan that tried to infect another computer when I tried to copy files of the infected drive to the other drive. The file transfer was a success and because it was a trojan and not bad sectors, I decided to format and put Windows 10 back on it. It worked and then comes the laborious task of adding all the old programs back on and then the music and video files. It could have been much worse though.

I soak in the tub and roam the web and compose my daily posts in the tub to make myself useful. No laptop, so I do it on the note app on the iPhone. it’s an app which absolutely butchers my compositions - but I digress…..

I had to make up some press ID cards and web pages for the new members which shows that we are coming out of Covid 19 and also means even more members when university starts in a few weeks.

I also got a call from a foreign photo-journalist about shooting events in Canada. I’m all for helping out but when the call starts to look like an interview I draw the line - all that is off the record.

I always take the folks out somewhere every day to keep body and mind active and for once the road crew was not digging up the street!

I see that Ford is actually going to make the 7.3 Godzilla motor a swappable thing for my Mustang. I was a big proponent of this - so much so they banned me on a Mustang forum - but I digress. I will say it is so nice to have been vindicated after being attacked and ostracized for even considering swapping a big iron big block for the usual 5.0 - but now that Ford is running with the idea I feel great! Actually, if it’s not prohibitively expensive I may throw the 7.3/427 big block in there. I always wanted a big block but the Mustangs of my era going forward only had 5.0s. So just before the V8s die for good I may get my dream of a big block Mustang! If I had a 5.0 V8 it would be hard to justify the swap, but with the V6 - it makes more sense. The Godzilla 7.3 motor “is” a drag strip monster currently handling 1,600 horsepower and possibly up to a 2,000 horsepower ceiling! For my car the platform can handle 580 horsepower before things start breaking. When the Buick Enclave starts falling apart I will buy another SUV, but this takes the Mustang out as a daily driver and that is when I could do the swap. I’m a Mustang fan so this would solve my problem of never owning a big block…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/9WEZCZyNRc8
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I want the young people (I affectionately call “the kids”) to know is just how fast you will age. It’s easy to think your life is static and you will always be young and old people will always be old people. Now this is kind of true with the old people as they just stay old and then - poof - they are gone, or dead. They just disappear in your youth and this kind of blinds you to your own changes. Even your parents don’t change much as you grow up into adulthood. It’s only when you get older that you see your parents really deteriorate, but your kids remain blithely unaware.

However, to the parent’s eye the kids grow up fast - I could have said “aged” and been correct - in just a few years. Baby learning to roll, to toddler to a kid starting school, then growth spurts and voice and body changes - the kids actually are the epitome of aging and change. Yet they think they will live forever. Granted from early twenties into the forties things are kind of static but we all live in denial during those years - thinking it will last forever.

When you get to your fifties the party is over. Friends get chronic medical problems and actually start to look old - and then start dying in front of you. You take more of an interest in those your age and older and try to see what is in store for you!

If you are creative, you see how quickly the ravages of time have upon other gifted or creative people. They were all handsome and debonaire in their youth. Take Stephen Hawking, who wasn’t always in a motorized wheel chair. He even had kids. We don’t really see any of that, only the old man at the end. So Hawking lamented the possible death of humanity’s rein in -for example - an AI sentient creation, where humans simply can’t develop and compete with a machine based mind that has no such limitations. That was one of the last things he talked about. He is dead now.

My turn will come up also, but you realize someone has to carry on other people’s ideas even as they push their own. So I prattle about how my Global Social Contract can speed up human development in this new and unique headspace where everyone does not have to drag up old prejudices and backward aspects of human nature. They stay in these other levels of our minds and we just continue to develop in the new headspace as a Global Citizen. So Hawking’s worry lives on and could be helped by my ideas even though I never met the man.

People just age and die too soon and this now limits human development. There is nobody better to take on the cause as the original person that created the cause, but many times that person just gets old or dies and there is nothing you can do about it. As people get old and fall apart and die, they are embarrassed about it and apologize, but life just takes over and ends theirs. If they have enough time to get their house in order they can transfer their cause to someone else if they are lucky. Many times their cause and creativity just die along with them - forgotten…..

That is the angst I am in now. Sure I look and feel younger than my actual age but it’s only seven years. I too will end up like all of them and thus my frantic push to get my ideas out there and hopefully into flesh!

At my age there is no slow but steady, only push as fast as possible as the end is near. I really hope this short diatribe makes sense to those in their twenties. You have less time than you think. After university I had at most 18 years of free time to have hobbies and try marriage and such, the rest of my almost 63 years was this human advocacy stuff and all the life experience and learning that lead to it. So 45 years in the making and only now do I have this sliver of time to get my ideas out there to hopefully help humanity.

And there in a nut shell is human existence. 45 years and no time for a family. Everything went right for me and still I’m frantically rushing around. Our lifespan is seriously hampering human development. My passionate posts of late about trying to express myself at the UN and the frustration behind this are the same as those of the Secretary General and his frustrations of helping humanity in his short mandate that he has to do it in. Sometimes you can help each other, but you need help no matter how talented you are - and you need luck.

The Fates

See those Fates above. The three represent the stages of everyone’s life but keep an eye on the Fate with the shears - those are meant to cut a life short. It’s all there for you to see but most don’t want to look and live in denial till death literally stares you in the face.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/Mtd24QIBJ5Y
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 375, 376, 377 ... 415, 416, 417  Next
Page 376 of 417

Jump to: