Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 372, 373, 374 ... 416, 417, 418  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out these photos of a car on fire we saw coming back from shopping:

Usually I get there after the fact but this was a fresh accident and the car was still on fire. I think this is a teachable moment for IAIJ and I will later post the photos and then comment on using photos for journalism. In a nutshell crops are OK unless the crop misleads the situation. Alway keep the original shot with all the exif information intact. Call in the situation to the authorities and give them the W5 information if you are the first to call it in. Most just take the shot and post to social media without thinking of their civic responsibility to see if there are injuries and then call it in. Anyway that will get posted later today.

Updates - updates…..

I slept in - that is your update - Hahahahaha…..

So, I did sleep in and got up around 9:30 in the morning. I hustled out the house and went to Starbucks which was overflowing with cars. I ditched the car accross the street and went inside to get my mocha faster. Places the order and notices I seem to be taller than everyone around me. What up with that - or - is it that most tall people have cars and use them at the drive-through while the walk-in traffic is for the low-lifes that don’t have a car and are thus shorter.

With the mocha in hand, I went grocery shopping and hustled back the goods to my dad’s place. It didn’t end there and we went off shopping for a new TV. Hint: For the cheapest TV with at least some sense of integrity, I present to you Walmart - they consistently have the cheapest and the cheapest “name brand” units like RCA in stock and on sale.

Then I went home and soaked in the tub.

The Roger outage was the worst one yet almost lasting an entire day. I mused that the lack of clarity about the reason was due to malicious code introduced by a trusted vender (usually as a software update) and their “official response” was a failure in systems after a routine update. This is more than suspicious as we have see this before with malicious code embedded in software updates that later unpack and cause havoc in systems and hardware. So the explanation is truthful without being completely transparent which is probably the best play for Rogers communications at the moment.

The end result for me is that I need more redundancy in my wireless communications. The easiest change is to give my Speakout wireless phone sim to my dad’s old flip-phone and change the other Rogers sim to Bell. Otherwise I faired better than others. My secondary line on my iPhone has our international lines and gives me data at a much more expensive rate. So when the outage happened I just switched cellular to the other account and got back email, Facebook Messenger and the like. For the day it cost me something like 12 bucks so better than nothing. I also received calls that were not available during the outage - all were spam calls from the States - but it was funny to see people surprised to see me get calls during the outage (as I’m with Rogers) triumphantly answer the call they could not get - and - receive some canned message about increased Medicare - too funny! Aside from the change in sim card to Bell, we did well given the circumstances.

For the weekend it is finishing the update for the Global Social Contract book and uploading the manuscript and then buying the book and sending it off to the government. I need to wash the car and preen myself up a bit. I’m not dating, but seeing an aging unkept image of yourself in the mirror does not make you more dynamic. So all that gets done this weekend.

Later…..

https://youtu.be/x5AxFEiyjFg
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more…..

I don’t want to scare the kids, but we are at a point where even an old guy like me might make it to the end of the world as we know it.

End of the world as in the end of humanity. The AI threat is real and has to be addressed with or without sentience. All an AI would have to do to kill off over 99% of the world’s population is to release all deadly pathogens into the environment at any of the level 4 lab sites around the world. I believe it would be a good idea to eliminate all deadly pathogens for these labs as a general precaution. Everyone thinks a nuclear disaster is the outcome but a pathogen that would kill off humans with little physical damage to the world works out better. You saw what a simple relatively non-deadly virus did to the world; so how about all of them escaping from these labs! It won’t kill off everyone, but it stops the incredible resource waste happening now and still provides an AI with human support to keep going – or – not if it is not sentient but does so anyway.

We are so in denial to the real threat upon us. I’ll do my part but human nature being what it is – it won’t be enough. There will always be some ass-hat willing to do the wrong thing for a couple of bucks. A couple of bucks! A couple of bucks is a stupid plastic BMW with a gaud awful grill pulling into a Starbucks and everyone jealous of that person who just sold out the human race to eventual extinction. So maybe be nice to the dude driving a V6 Mustang into Starbucks but actually trying to do the right thing and save the world. Humans are pathetic and vile – but not all of them, so I try to save these few despite the others. Perhaps a deal will be struck that keeps humanity alive because of our connection to the AI via the Positive Mandate, but it will be a impoverished environment, living in shanty towns – but able to eat and fuck and reproduce within limited means. But still alive – that’s the best I can do!

So that’s my Saturday night sermon. I hope the human race outlives me and that maybe some of my ideas take hold. We as individuals mean nothing in the end. How important is a Wikipedia page after you are dead? Plus, what’s to stop someone from altering the facts and turning me into some white guy who saves the world in the history books. It is all total bullshit in the end.

I see the kids expecting to live a long happy life – will they even live longer than me – or will we all watch the end of humanity like the New Years Eve ball in Times Square dropping on the New Year. Is it any wonder why I love listening to Death Metal? We are so fucked it isn’t even funny! I will try my best as I have lived this from start to wherever it goes and thus I am morally obligated to try. So far I seem to be the only one from that era in this space. You would think this to be a sci-fi movie but it is reality. More gritty than a movie but the consequences are real. We are on the edge and any slight movement will bring the whole thing crashing down.

All of the above could be total bullshit from some dude sipping some wine on a late Saturday night. Or not – the threat is there and so few want to do anything about it. Here there is a small army at work. How effective this will be is another matter. Funny how my life has turned out…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/9VHA0H8peZ0
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even more…..

So for humans, if you are the right race and look good you are set! That is the way of the human. If you are smart you get those pieces of paper that say you are smart and add in some chip-board and plastic awards and you are set! All of you get your pick from a lineup of mates to reproduce and the finances to make it all happen. You have awards so what you say and the policies you endorse on behalf of the government get passed without hesitation because everyone thinks you are the best of the best - but are you?

Think about it.

Do you have a free hand? Or is there someone above you that can take it all away if you don’t tow the line? See how that’s set up - you lose your prestige, your family, your income and status in the community. Are you under control - and are you unable to truly have free speech? The answer is yes unless you are like me.

I have free speech but nothing to back it up. The only avenue is to label me as “journalist”, but I’m under nobody’s thumb and can say or do as I please. All those in academia have taken themselves out of the running for the future direction of humanity as they assumed line organizational roles in human society. That one move took them all out of contention for that role. They have to follow rules or they lose what they have. I have nothing to be taken away so I have a free hand and can change things.

The problem for me is that when I was in my prime I had no access and now I’m an old man. The idea was to start this NGO that would give a young Overman (Overwomen or Overhomosapian, take your pick and I don't want to use the “Super” as they are all humans walking around with their fly open and miss-pronouncing words) a crack at disseminating their ideas globally that I didn’t have back in the day. Just take them as they appear and wherever they appear, make then journalists and give them a voice where it matters. Nobody yet and if this continues I will just go it alone. I have a vision for humanity all fleshed out - that Global Social Contract - and I get nothing in return for it.

Most would not bother because they need a selfish interest to act. I act via a moral imperative and it’s becoming clear just how rare that is. You see the world with censored eyes. There is so much out there yet you only see what “they” want you to see. I see all, yet occupy the lower rings of humanity, until now but it does not matter. Change is coming one way or another and I would say my change is the best…..

Later…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, was I bitching and whining this weekend!

Nothing got done this weekend – with regard to the advocacy that is, but stuff happened the past week. Me - actually deciding to get involved in Canada AI government policy was the “biggie” this past week. Up till now almost everything has been international and outside Canada. So we have this potentially bogus conference that if it takes place at all will take place in India and maybe, maybe I get a say at those hearings that have already passed the first reading on Bill C27. Even so, all this is huge! I guess I just have to let my subconscious get used to the changes as it always did before. I wanted to go from the UN system into other venues of dissemination and advocacy and I am doing it even if I am making every newbie mistake now.

I am doing it and that is huge.

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may seem out of the blue - but I think I’m going to look into getting an EIN number for IAIJ.

This was always in the cards as we have been looking at office space for years in the States. I’ll be honest and say it isn’t office space at play here - it is free speech. You are reading this on a website called Fortress of Freedom and a corporation of the same name - what up with that? I do push the Positive Mandate which is the most expression we have mentally and physically because it makes us happy - what up with that? I even made a thirteen year experiment to prove it. What about the journalist org to validate and protect the rights of journalists of all kinds to tell the news to the people as they see it! Is there any wonder why the far right embraced an idealist like me and took me in?

I’m not left or right but when it comes to rights I’m an idealist. And I have to tell you I’m becoming more uncomfortable in the direction the country I was born in is headed toward in regards to free speech. This is not something new but simmering over the years and before things get worse I am obligated to provide a vector to keep the core parts of our organization’s values and philosophy for advocacy and keeping the Fifth Estate able to do its thing.

So it looks like IAIJ may itself be on the radar of the IRS going forward. If things become impossible in Canada it is thus easier to move the head office and servers to the States which has more absolute protections to rights than in Canada. We aren’t doing that now but I need that utility for the organizations I love and nurtured to the point they can have an effect on change.

I may even do it for Fortress of Freedom as we are a publisher and run our newspaper/magazine called The Fortress. If it comes down to the government breaking down the office door because they don’t like what one of our journalists wrote, then the org just works alone from the States. There is a long term effect to this and that is I will be kicked out of my position sooner in the States than in Canada, but as I get older then perhaps continued survivability of the orgs I founded is the best thing in the end.

This is no guarantee as I’m looking into it but I have to follow my heart. All those old guys who took me in and showed me how society works and how laws are made are probably smiling in their graves at how well this mongrel, this stray that appeared on their doorstep has turned out. They stuck to their ideals and made an exception to to another idealist - and look how that turned out…..

It is what it is and I reserve the right to bail on this for the time being - but that is what is going on in my head right now…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAIJ became an American not-for-profit corporation as of 11:30 am July 12, 2022.

More later…..

https://youtu.be/B48xIcvgzYM
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m taking today off as things were a bit hectic lately…..

Don Brasseur receiving our journalist award from one of the directors!

Do not read too much into the registering of IAIJ as a corporation in the States. This was on the table for a long time. I registered FOF RECORDS first as a “dry run” to make sure it was viable and then submitted our first tax turn. After that I moved on with IAIJ.

The other reason for entering the USA is redundancy. I won’t lie, but our telco outage last Friday was the kick in the pants to get me moving on that. You never know about all the laws of access and transparency and free speech in countries that don‘t have absolute rights in their nations. The United States has the most absolute rights as far as I can see plus they are only a 90 minute drive from our head office. So if we have any problems with free speech or speaking up for people the Canadian Government might not like, we can simply pivot and operate from America. You can’t pivot on a dime so we do all that ahead of time. For example I have a phone number in New York City and another in Texas. Then we registered IAIJ in the States - and so on. I need this redundancy to ensure we can continue doing what we do.

As it stands we could open up a bank acvount and then an office in New York which would service all our interests in the States. I could even leave a suit there so I could travel in casual clothing and hop into a suit if I had to do anything official instead of dragging along luggage for a day or two.

That’s enough for now.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/zmRmVc4u18w
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On and on…..

I have to take my sister for her forth dose Thursday morning so not much happening other than that as I usually exercise and all sorts of stuff in the morning.

I’m still surprised at the number of people fiercely nationalistic to Canada. Technically there should be nothing wrong about it but fierce nationalism often comes with “us against them”, flag waving, marching and rallies and then possibly violence - funny thing is - it’s never all inclusive and this applies to all the usual forms of politics. I don’t play that game. A human is a human, an individual and not part of some country or political slant. Canada never did anything for me (took more than anything I got back) or IAIJ. I do as I please and so far I have exceeded my wildest expectations.

My Global Social Contract does not need proxies (a group to do your bidding such as a political party you vote for or country you live in) as technology has now made that an option and not a necessity as each person would have a vote on the global level or even beyond if we colonize off-world. Yes, there is now that problem of what laws apply in space like in the international space station. Right there - you start to see the old-fashioned geopolitical systems fail and a global system needed.

So the Global Social Contract is a thing! The Secretary General of the United Nations said he wanted a new Global Social Contract - He gonna get it!

António Guterres - United Nations Secretary General

Later…..

https://youtu.be/bL6Nl9PSGCc
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just listening to music. I’m pretty sure it’s not the music you listen to…..

I run this small record label. I guess we are one of the last indie corporate labels in Canada but I’m wrecking that distinction with the label entering the States. Anyway I listen for trends around the world - but strangely I seem to be the only one that likes doing this in my gang.

It does work out for the job I do but - really- it’s because at the beginning I never really liked listening to music. Sure I listened to music on the radio - but I was never massively moved by it. However in the 15 years I’m now into it, I do enjoy listening to all forms of music all over the world - and I’m pretty consistent that way!

Right now I’m listening to Indian Folk Metal. Yes there is such a thing, but you probably would not believe the range a band can have there as opposed to over here in North America. Here there is branding big time and there’s too much at stake if you go against or “toy” with the formula that got you that crowd. Over there they seem to have more latitude.

Next was more Japanese pop. Instead of under cranking to speed things up it looks like they are physically clipping frames to give this shaky/jittery but fast effect. Then some bands have actually added distortion to the music and even distortion to the video to accompany it and not in the usual way. Also - finally - I am seeing more Black people or mixed Japanese/Black performers in Japanese music and music videos. This one band almost apologetically showed a black dude (and I believe he’s part of the band) here and there in the background, but now he’s more in there deliberatly, and they play it up with a huge retro-afro and such. Baby steps, and I’m glad the kids are endorsing this as change was needed for a long time!

In other news:

We will formally announce the American registration for IAIJ and again try to finish off the first revision of the Global Social Contract. BTW: I am flabbergasted by how people are impressed with us going into the States - like we made it! Can’t figure that out rationally but there you go…..

I am also looking for an alternative for the Notes app I usually type this out on. I’m better than this (spelling, punctuation, etc.) so we will try something else that is not time intensive to do.

The AI conference people are still bugging me to join them but have not answered the question of where in Toronto it is being held as they pushed Toronto instead of India where it will probably take place if it does at all.

I will probably have to fix the final formatting error on iTunes with our latest EP. To make things worse Apple now sends me my bills for song purchases in French! Tell me this is not deliberate because I couriered that critical letter to Apple. It is what it is…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/kgvH6tX4Ej0

https://youtu.be/a65A626Ed20
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A busy weekend…..

Saturday is all taken up so Sunday I tackle the Global Social Contract manuscript.

It’s later and be sorry for the delay. A day of nothing and a night of even less. I had something involved to say - but frankly, I’m too tired to
punch it out.

I’m still in the game, that’s all you need to know.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/UtjGTrVwRr4

https://youtu.be/PzUKeGZiEl0
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots to do on Sunday…..

I was watching parts of The Ninth Gate again. I always loved that quote about nothing being more reliable than a man whose loyalty can be bought with hard cash.

Actually organized crime works on that model, mercenaries too. The best and the most goes to those with the biggest payroll. I have no idea why I have gone down this path except to note that when nothing of an intellectual nature is involved - then it a comes down to bucks!

Take a guy like me - the above model would still hold true except all my advocacy revolves around intellect, so the model does not apply. I actually spend money instead because it is an intellectual endeavor. Now when I pay bills or buy something, paying as little as possible matters as there is nothing intellectual about that!

So what about those that pursue money for the sake of money? Then it becomes a game now, something intellectual and these same folk usually end up giving large chunks of it away as either genuine philanthropy or “building pagodas” so as to avoid some bad fate in the afterlife - again it becomes intellectual.

The gangsters have no such second thoughts. People are disposable for a price. You see it in the movies like “Goodfellas”. There is a certain clarity in this - no subterfuge, and it’s honest, brutal and while there actually are rules, the money is always the bottom line.

Well there was one rabbit hole I accidentally fell into. Start talking about the occult and there it meandered. I can recommend The Ninth Gate as a movie, and in the movie the Devil is a young woman…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/qJ1dc9BZaW8
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via a strange turn - I accomplished all my goals for the weekend…..

First of all - I finished the Global Social Contract update which came quicker than expected.

Secondly - More Vision taxes get sent out, I put everything away and take care of things around the house for a change.

You all better hope I get somewhere with the Global Social Contract as plans have been afoot for a long time to influence the direction of humanity by a few individuals to their vision and not necessarily by “the will” of the people.

There are think tanks all over the place but some philosophers are pointing at the “Future of Humanity Institute” as it has caught the attention of people like Elon Musk. Of course I am also trying to catch the attention of Musk but my vision is more open-ended than others with more self-determination for all.

The Future of Humanity Institute works out of the University of Oxford from their philosophy department there and is well funded. I work out of my home and a pay-as-you-go plan with Regus. I just find it funny how I still can go toe-to-toe with entities like this, as humanity is still malnourished when it comes to the real ideas on where humanity is headed. Probably a reason to keep at it - and work on:

https://www.humandestiny.org

Most of the people at the institute don’t seem to care about the kinds of people who started my little organization, so there is a bit of a blood feud in the making if we ever have to butt heads with them.

I don’t necessarily need what that institute needs as I have other options. We shall just see how it all pans out. I wonder if the institute has plans for Twitter or even if they saw an opportunity - hehehehehe…..

For me, the updated manuscript has the idea of starting the Global Social Contract on a popular social platform with the numbers and technical infrastructure to hold a global vote. When I pitch to the United Nations the pitch is that if it does not happen at the UN and somewhat under their control, it will happen outside their control and possibly be a direct threat to the current status quo. Even if the UN “poo-poos” the idea, then I really can make good on that vailed threat. It really doesn’t end with me leaving the book at the United Nations and having it sit somewhere - forgotten…..

I’m in this whether I want to or not. Currently I want it but I am dismayed by just how few ideas for the future of humanity are actually out there. And look at how being tossed from academia has not really killed off my aspirations as a kid. You can’t make this up in fiction as nobody would believe it - but here we are…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/jM8dCGIm6yc
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m thinking about the future…..

Nothing lasts forever - including me - and when you are young you can forget about the future and bury it deep in the background. As you get older the grey hairs and wrinkles appear. Later in life your friends start to have chronic medical issues. Those chronic issues sooner or later take them out, and friendships can get strained as they become less mobile and more needy.

One word of advice, don’t walk away from them especially those you have known for a very long time. After they are gone you will miss them and how the two of you related to each other up to the end is something you can never take back. This also applies to family, and while nobody chisels out what kind of person you were on your tombstone - strangely - it matters to yourself. As weird as that sounds in a world more selfish than before, it still matters - at least to me.

For me personally, I would seem to barely have enough time to make the final plays in advocacy and one way or another get my freedom or hand of to others to carry on if successful. Nobody lives forever and even if you keep living there is no guarantee you will be as sharp as you were before. You name it but you either die younger in old age or Dementia and Alzheimer’s get you. At my age you envy those that keep their health and wits about them well into old age. That however, is the exception and not the rule, you are going to die and if it is not fast, it will become a living death, so you have to plan ahead to keep any legacy you have continuing.

Not to get too morbid, but that is what is rolling through my mind. Make the plays, even if they fail but at least make them! Don’t count on others at this time! Probabilities say you will fail, it originally was my goal just to disseminate. Dissemination and then try to adopt usually fails especially the first time. Nobody comfortable in the establishment wants change, but even if they “throw the skunk out - the smell remains”. That line about the “skunk” is an old legal reference to submitting key evidence that will surely get toss out for some technicality, but even after thrown out the remnants of that thrown out evidence still can influence things…..

So even if my task is mostly hopeless you try anyway. I was not the first to propose a third house at the UN, they tried and failed and now my turn. This may all play out quickly and my life will get boring and most of you reading this will leave for more interesting content - unless you like agism and the concerns of the elderly that I will try to pivot to in retirement. So the advocacy may not be over but trying to change the world will…..

I will admit at this time that possibility - however remote - of actually being able to make a play to change the world for all, does seem to validate your life. There is a price for that and failure results in obscurity and invisibility in the future when you are gone. If successful I will resurrect the names of those that tried before me as they were a part of it.

In the end we are nothing - but the ideas, concepts and philosophies we leave behind are immortal…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/Z5NoQg8LdDk
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On 911 being a turning point for me:

I was in a basement cafeteria in this office building when it happened and as the morning progressed I knew all my dreams and ambitions went out the window. This is Canada and you really see who people are when they feel they can be who they are and not pay the consequences. Get on an elevator with these half-wits and they will let you know you can jump out a window and nobody speaks up but everyone smiles. The worst though, was being spat on. Being brown like me in Canada: No women, no career, no higher education - and after all that - you get spat on in your 40s.

Anyway, any ambitions I had have to be on my own now and I’m a better person in a less oppressive environment than Canada. Dealing with other businesses quickly devolved into threats, they would sit there smiling at me saying “what are you going to do?” And I’d shove the latest version of The Fortress under their chin to genuine surprise a genuine “Kodak Moment”! It got to the point in Canada that I got bored trying to be nice at the beginning and just started the meeting with threats. Especially with CTV, legal justification of three law suits to their corporate lawyers, got this one guy who jerked me around for eight months with Don’s show - within 30 minutes of my call to CTV legal, we were on daytime TV with him begging me not to make anymore calls. This is the only way I got anywhere in Canada - swinging a metaphorical baseball bat to get things done!

Anyway, that is how we scored in the early days and when I went international things really changed for me for the better. If you think about it, that really is damning for the country I call home - but wait - it gets even better. When I get back into the UN routine I will no doubt have to play defence for that ghoulish stuff about the mass graves of children stolen from their parents at the residential schools. Now it’s worse than the concentration camps for First Peoples: “What about those concentration camps for American Indians? Those aren’t concentration camps, we call them Reservations!” - I would reply. So now I have to constantly apologize for the residential schools stuff on top of the general Indian genocide (yes, that is the term they use and they are probably right).

Seriously, outside of Canada there is no Francophone/Anglophone stuff, no black or white, you are just Canadian as it should be in Canada - but I digress. I “will” have to defend Canada for a racist culture especially with the ghoulish mass graves of children scattered all over the country - so systemic and deliberate. Not all are in mass graves, one Priest “knocked up” an Indian girl at the residential school - which is heinous enough, but when the baby was born he threw it into the furnace to hide the evidence - ghoulish as there is no better word - and - now I will be forced to answer for it because I’m Canadian and part of the international sector. I was never a part of, but was on the receiving end of all this racism - and now “I” of all people have to defend it! What fiction writer could ever think this scenario up!

Anyway, when the travel business becomes more tolerable I am off to New York. Right now it’s fashionable to courier your clothing to New York rather than lose it for weeks at the airport; so I’ll probably send a package off to the hotel and if we do get an office - just leave it there for next time - that’s how that works these days.

So fun times ahead, and trust me you can’t make this stuff up in fiction - but all true in real life…..

The only good thing on Tuesday was parts of the old (literally) Guess Who (Burton Cummings) getting back together with another oldster Randy Bachman (BTO) playing in Toronto. I shutter to think what they look like these days - but a power-house duo from the place I was born: Winnipeg!

One other thing - I’m getting real tired having to manually check for punctuation and spelling if I punch out updates on the phone - what is this, the 1980s - the search for a better notes app continues. I personally will give an author some slack for getting things out on time in between doing other things, we all know what the person was intending to write, but some sentences here become utter corrupted crap that makes no sense even to me! That is unforgivable and it’s all on me - so yes, the search continues…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/AdRTEi9ZlbI
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safety or danger…..

Monika9422

I was a danger man once but not anymore. Those who live by the danger code - die by the danger code. So it was just weird to find out - years after the fact that Monika is dead! Actually Monika9422 (Olga Pronina) as was her social media handle. She was a model/motorcycle rider that filmed her motorcycle escapades to the delight of mostly male motorcycle gear heads everywhere. Her death made ABC news and Siberian Times at home.

Monika9422

Here is a Monika quote added to an Instagram photo: “By the way, doing 250 kph and holding one hand is very uncomfortable. I do not recommend. But I got my adrenaline dose.”

At 40 she was no spring-chicken but was still attractive zooming around Russia. Famous for scantily clad outfits and travelling at speeds only equaled by cars like my current Mustang (she was regularly caught running speeds like 260kph). She even had a daughter and all. So why take these risks?

Monika9422

Well life is boredom for the most part and I get it! When I bought my first Mustang (1988 5.0 hatchback) I had to make a choice, buy that or buy one the fastest motorcycles in the world (a Yamaha FZR1000 "Genesis" - 160mph/260kph), I could not afford a super car but could get super car performance in a motorbike! Friends at the cycle shop I knew figured I’d be dead within two weeks and said it with a straight face - two weeks?

I bought the Mustang instead and then I wrapped it around a guardrail three months later. I got lucky and not even a scratch and bought another 1989 5.0 Mustang with all the options as I had accident forgiveness with my insurer for the first crash. The problem with motorcycles is that even if you are the best driver in the world, stuff happens that you can’t control like animals darting onto the road or other drivers and so on. I have fast reflexes which helps but sooner or later the probabilities work it’s way to you and for Monika the bike hit a regular guardrail while she apparently went into this more wooden rail that really mangled her up but good. Dead at the scene and in cases like this I approve showing the mangled body at the scene as that does have an impact on other riders in denial to the risks. Throwing a tarp over the corpse just makes these fans go to the next female daredevil with a nice tush.

Anyway I have a mission I’m on so I play it safe…..

I have no medical issues and wake up without even a twinge - rare at my age. You realize that you actually can buy a super bike and have a few thrills. However if you screw up and die they will not be kind to you and your legacy, throwing it away for a few cheap thrills.

Here I am at a mall with all the other old farts. I have a choice but I won’t choose danger…..

In case you missed it - Monika9422 is dead!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/wHCRfbZ-W7I
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 372, 373, 374 ... 416, 417, 418  Next
Page 373 of 418

Jump to: