Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 347, 348, 349 ... 416, 417, 418  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m studying options…..

So the EU rules against CovidShield will probably only affect me and Africans. Now I have initiated three Charter Applications before but you needed to be in court with a charge to initiate one. Still looking for a way. Anyway it is section 15 of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms that deals with discrimination in law and programs.

“Section 15 of the Charter makes it clear that every individual in Canada – regardless of race, religion, national or ethnic origin, colour, sex, age or physical or mental disability – is to be treated with the same respect, dignity and consideration. This means that governments must not discriminate on any of these grounds in its laws or programs.“

Another option is the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal via the Ontario Human Rights Code (Section 1 (1):

“Services
1 Every person has a right to equal treatment with respect to services, goods and facilities, without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status or disability.  R.S.O. 1990, c. H.19, s. 1; 1999, c. 6, s. 28 (1); 2001, c. 32, s. 27 (1); 2005, c. 5, s. 32 (1); 2012, c. 7, s. 1.”

So the tribunal seems to be the most likely avenue to initiate a complaint. I will keep looking but I need to nail down the letter and send it with the wish to reconcile without action by allowing me to revaccinate or take legal action. I don’t have to do this for all like me, but if someone like me is motivated like this because their personal circumstance warrants it, then they will have shown there is a remedy available and I’ll take my shots and leave them alone.

Fully vaccinated means two shots and I’m hoping the first bumps the CovidSheild off the passport. But we don’t know yet. Having the government constantly try to resolve issues like this is better rectified by simply revaccinating those affected.

Anyway that’s what’s in my mind right now. What a shit show I never saw coming…..

Later…..

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/R6pC03WRcE0
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I slept most of Saturday…..

Anyway I think I have found a way to get in front of the Justice of the peace or Judge to get a Charter Application on the vaccinations. In Alberta you can do it two ways and one is small claims court with limited awards of up to 50 thousand and then to the Queen’s Bench. So I will try that in Ontario wanting to get back the difference in the cost of the vaccines used for me as opposed to everyone else in the province as we paid for health care in our province and start the case that way and get the Charter Application going to the prosecutor when I apply to small claims court as there are time limits involved.

This is for revaccination. You will die a thousand deaths trying to individually right every limitation put on third world vaccines but revaccination in Canada solves that problem. I have to start thinking about myself here and then get back to the other advocacy. I can’t solve all the problems of the world alone – I have to pick my battles. The world is what it is – it’s a shitty place and my motto is to expect the worst from humans and you will never be disappointed. I am not a good man or I would never have even got this far in my advocacy. You have to fight evil with evil that has a conscience, and that is the only way to get action. I got tired of waiting for goodness to triumph a long time ago…..

Walk softly and carry a big stick…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/coEVbfwkGB0
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did very little this weekend…..

I did start the letters about the vaccine health care inequalities and will finish them by the morning and hopefully out by tomorrow afternoon. This is about human rights and the guarantees of our Charter with regards to health care - so watch it given little consideration. Remember that I told you you have no rights. You will think you do until you test it and find you have no rights. I have tested it several times so I know. But In will waste my time again because this time because I have no other recourse.

What else?

I visited the shops for the first time in months. I went looking for DVDs and Blurays. Bestbuy no longer has the 5.00 bins of videos which was depressing. I then went to Sunrise Music and found they are still in business with a line up no less! So I left them alone and went to Walmart. They still had the 5.00 bin and I bought a bag full of discs as they may also stop selling them.

I also pigged out on some TV dinners and wine watching movies. Washed the car that hadn’t leaked any rad fluid in nearly three months! The weekend went like that.

And what abut the advocacy? What about the music? Nothing - sad but true - in fact the weekend was rather depressing. I still didn’t get my hair cut, but that is the least of my worries.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/3q6V_YtQ0pY
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to news about the advocacy…..

First up is that the WTO didn’t approve my voting app participation workshop at their public forum. I guess the “outreach” does not extend to outreach for the ultimate stakeholders. I would not have got in under normal times but this was a possibility during the pandemic and it still failed. Personally it still stings a bit even though rationally you sort of knew what would happen. Anyway we are not done with the WTO and Geneva yet. I am still registered and approved to attend in person and still on the list of participants that can be used to fill in for other participants that can’t attend so I will keep this file open. The UN in Geneva is across the street so there are many reasons to keep this trip alive - time will tell.

Next up is the shoddy treatment the AstraZeneca people in Ontario and Canada have had to endure - well I’m doing something about it. I have sent letters to Premier Doug Ford, Deputy Premier and Health Minister Christine Elliot, and finally Solicitor General Sylvia Jones. I sent it to all three to keep things honest as letters can’t mysteriously “disappear” or get “forgotten” especially when it’s in all letters as to whom also got the letter. I’ll tell you what I told them in-depth tomorrow.

As an age group we got a raw deal - with me getting the worst deal of all - lowest efficacy vaccine and risk of blood clots and now capillary leakage. Expiring or expired vaccines. Vaccines like Covishield that are not recognized by many countries so we are now barred from entry into the EU and places in the States. They say it’s a great vaccine but refused to give anyone a dose anymore and encouraged many to get MRNA shots instead. I didn’t get any choice in the matter. And going forward the booster shots will be designed for MRNA and not Vector vaccines like AstraZeneca - you have been forgotten and cast aside. Everyone else here has the best protection money can buy and the party rocks on - but not for us!

But there are remedies and I’ll go over them tomorrow. You are powerful - not helpless - able to change things on your own if you know how, and as a group you are even more powerful! I took that line from a women lifting the spirits of a besieged group over 20 years ago in a hockey rink of all places. They did win in the end I have to say - the same thing can happen here.

I didn’t want this fight but I have been here before and I know how to proceed. The others from 20 years ago are now dead or too senile to be effective so that torch gets handed to me whether I wanted it or not. I now know why the far-right took me in and treated me as one of their own - they needed people of integrity to take care of things when they were gone and I guess that’s why the leadership let me in and enforced it. They knew an idealistic kid born and raised from out west would rise to the occasion - even with brown skin - and it sure looks like they read me right! I’m no longer far left or right or in between - I have my own ideas now and I am making my own moves for the betterment of all humanity! This happens when you get older - someone has to run things and the young people are too busy hooking up and having kids.

It’s my turn now…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of stuff going on so this will be quick!

Things are opening up around the world so IAIJ is getting active again. I’m still waiting for all the letters to get delivered. So the quick and dirty synopsis of the vaccine Covid argument is that a small but age defined group got Covishield/AstraZeneca and everyone else got MRNA. That same group had to endure the blood clotting issue worries and now the capillary leak issue. The vaccine has the lowest efficacy of all vaccines in the country. Expiring vaccines earmarked for third world nations (and a bad look for Canada there) or even expired vaccines pumped into arms of this group. And the discrimination internationally that goes with this vaccine. And finally the province washing its hands of AstraZeneca as a vaccine with no real future of support given to these folks and their vaccines (unlike places like the UK) - it is all geared around MRNA support here. This age defined group got a lower standard of health care based on their age and that can’t happen in the province’s human rights code and the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. And that is the argument in a nut shell. The easiest solution is revaccinating for those that want it!

More later - a very busy day…..

https://youtu.be/FkqIegC3tPE
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no time.

But I am starting to get back into my usual routine. Issues I had in the last few weeks are being resolved. I really just have to knuckle down and do it.

And yes I was part of the far-right decades ago. They let me in and treated me as one of their own. It had all the usual folk you expect that would inhabit the far right - but also politicians, high ranking men in the military and high ranking people in the government bureaucracies and even the police and police boards. They showed me how society operates and how laws were proposed and passed. Lots of politics and philosophy when I talked with these people. They really liked me and kept the wolves of that spectrum from my door. So you really had this strange situation of this man in with a crowd you would never expect. But that is the reality of what happened…..

They gave me belonging when regular society would not. They made me a man whilst before I would take nothing but crap from people just to belong. Sure I had issues with some in this group but it also was weird, more like family fights or sibling fights than with others outside this group. I owe them much and I call it as I saw it because it is the truth. I’m not affiliated with any political leaning these days - it’s all for humanity as a whole! But I just had to get that off my back.

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/Q7iU5hfG53w
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a surprising amount of interest in my actions toward the government regarding the AstraZeneca debacle in Canada and Ontario…..

So I sent them letters on Monday and they have those now, don’t know if they are read but they have them. Next is emails of the letters. I forgot to put the date on the letters being used to electronic date stamps on messages and emails, but will keep all paperwork the same so a PDF of the letter gets sent with a date on the email correspondence. That would happen early next week. Then after that is the phone calls.

I do it this way as you are supposed to try to resolve issues before taking them to a tribunal or court. After this I am free to start proceeding with the tribunal first and then small claims court. If it gets to that stage the government probably has immunity from prosecution during the declared emergency phases but this may not hold later like now as we are not in any real emergency now. So I can play both extreme timelines if there is an immunity issue. Now small claims court has limits on its awards but the tribunal may not have a hard limit - but we shall see. The tribunal can also make decisions for a group of individuals like the one individual case up for review. So I can ask for an award of let’s say 2 thousand dollars or up it to 4 billion if we include all involved - that should get the government’s attention.

I also have to look at personal liability. Generally you don’t have to pay costs in small claims but not so sure if that extends to a contested charter application. You here will learn as I learn. The charter before the courts never cost me anything - but then those charter applications never went anywhere. Once again we shall see as we go along.

This home grown advocacy is much different than the intergovernmental stuff. So far maybe ten people have come up to me on their own to talk about this, mostly AstraZeneca folk. They are interested so we will continue.

Also, the journalists at IAIJ seem salty to get out and about again. So my work on the weekend is all about catching up on things. As with our YouTube videos and traffic here, I don’t care about numbers, if you want quick numbers on YouTube then talk about cars or the latest iPhone rumours and leaks. If you are presenting a new idea nobody ever heard before then you will get no views as it’s not on the radar. But views chan change overnight on a dime if it makes the news, so getting all our stuff on YouTube was the proper move.

The birth of Computer Science (around 1970), my dad’s department at NAIT and the people under him - he was into photography big time!

Also (started a paragraph with “also” - again - I feel sooooo cool), quantum supremacy right now can mean just an extra two qubits on the latest computer as at this stage, each extra qubit gets all the other qubits to increase power exponentially. This means AI applications may grow faster than I originally thought. Getting the idea of the positive mandate into the scientific and engineering community is almost as important as the UN stuff now, and then there is the sci-fi community - it helps believe it or not. As I keep saying, I own this issue as my dad was one of those that started us on this path. He’s too old to do anything about it now - they all are too old or dead now - so it falls on the children - me especially as I have the ideas and I’m strategically positioned to best deal with it - my life….. Qubits were dinner talk at the table in the 1980s when I was in my twenties and that is a very select group of folk who are young enough and vital enough to have lived at the birth of quantum computing as an idea - and can now pass judgement on its future! I own this unlike everyone else - I have to act…..

Fun times ahead for sure!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/0qBlPa-9v_M
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally have time to post.

First is that everyone on the planet seems to think the worst is over from the pandemic and are getting back into the usual routine. I spent the first half of Saturday just catching up on work at the journalist association!

Next is the monetary compensation for the AstraZeneca folk in Ontario. It’s just shy of 900,000 people which gives us 1.8 billion based on a two thousand dollar per person payoff for all damages. This is down from my original estimate of 4 billion. Still a lot of money - or - the government lets us revaccinate and all is forgiven- the choice is their’s…..

https://fofentertainment.com/FOF_Show_Intro_Long.wmv

Still thinking back to the right-wing days. When I started the experiment I left them but came back to just look around and mentioned I could make an infomercial for them if interested, the look on their faces that I was serious and with the first show on Global, the offer was real - it was just a moment of revelation! It was almost impossible to get on network TV back then, but I did it, and there was no YouTube yet. Pupil surpassed teacher. The infomercial never got made but we talked about it. I was no longer an underling anymore, and I had my own ideas. In our show that already aired, I stated my ambitions to go to the UN including (the so called “impossible”) speech on the floor of The General Assembly - I was now in a different universe than them. So I struck out on my own with the well wishes of the others from my past. It’s just that reality is not how the news networks and newspapers make things out to be! I wasn’t so much born to do this as much as I was made! My mentors are all dead now - but not forgotten…..

I’m buying a lot of music from the 60’s to the 90s and currently I’m listening to songs like “Welcome to the Boomtown” and “Tired Toein’ the Line” of all things…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/rY1MkSjtQ5U

https://youtu.be/97wvwuHUMCw

https://youtu.be/zzROr08TSz4
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So - this is the catch-up post.

I love the quiet moments on this aging board. It will soon stop working - speaking of which I have to update the new board…..

The Fates!

The FATES gave me a few more years than most. So even though those around me are giving up and retiring, I still soldier on and I still feel young and vital. You just keep trying! Like my mom trying to keep the family going on her own and still giving every member dignity, at the end you just have to let go and die. You pass it on to someone deserving and just let go and retire from life. My mentors did this to me just like my mother - now I shoulder it all…..

This is life - this is reality!

It reminds me of a singer born about when I was, then all of a sudden she just sent a message to everyone she was through and that was it. Turns out she had cancer and eventually died. She had the luxury of letting go. It doesn’t look like me or members of my breed will get that luxury. We are built to last…..

Everything in the advocacy is harder now. I have been found out to be a threat to the status quo and things get harder. What a beautiful idea to just let go of it all and just live for yourself. But the ghosts of those now dead from my past still haunt me. They gave up - tossed me the keys to the house and the car and told me it’s all on you now and curled up and died. This is the circle of life, you get old and you look around for someone you can trust to carry things on and give them all you got in knowledge and life skills, hand over the keys whether they be virtual or physical and then die as all before you did. The optics of this transition don’t matter if there is no one else, I saw this myself decades ago - all that matters is the handoff to someone you trust and has the ability to carry on - then you are free to die……

Man this has taken a morbid path…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/QywIBTxHQ_g

https://youtu.be/4Q4JRVW5BFE
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I was thinking the weekend was a waste of time - then at the last moment things got ramped up!

The WTO:

I got an email from the WTO wondering if I’m going there in person or attending virtually. As you can see from the screenshots I said in person. Things are still fluid and anything can happen. It’s not over yet! There may be cancellations that could let me back into a session, they could need me there to help with other sessions. You just don’t know - so you keep planning as if you are going. Winners never quit and quitters never win…..

The AstraZeneca debacle:

All the letters were received last week and so we start this week with emails:

Next up are the phone calls and then we go to the tribunal and courts. Will they even acknowledge my existence at this stage? Who knows, time will tell. All I want is my two MRNA shots to make my life easier and on par with everyone else I know. Keep your eye on this file…..

Sir Richard Branson and going into space:

As pompous and bombastic as some people complain about him, I have to give him the credit he deserves and praise his accomplishment at democratizing space for all! He started this business in 2004 which is about when I started my little adventure, and at the time I’m sure everyone thought he was insane. Well he proved them all wrong on Sunday taking a trip into the edge of space and coming back all at the age of 70. It takes balls to aim for the stars in your 50s and take the laughs and criticisms to your brand for some fantastical idea of commercial space travel - but he had the last laugh! I also noticed after landing he had the brown girl (one of the executives from India) sitting on his shoulders like a dad would do for his five year old! He gets a pass on this as they were all excited, but all I thought was that he had to be in fantastic shape to do this and at 70! I think back to Wernher von Braun wanting to take a space trip in one of his rockets - it didn’t happen - this time it did!

Congratulations Sir Richard Branson!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/IxgiTeXKOOc
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man was Monday productive! All the stuff I wanted to do on the weekend got done Monday morning like mowing the backyard, preening myself up, and even replacing a broken part from the shower so I could shower again. Ok, I have another full bathroom downstairs, but all I needed was a seven dollar part and a quick trip to the store and that solves that.

Now it’s back to the advocacy. Still no word on the emails - I can tell if they were opened by someone and so far - nothing! All I got was an automated email that they received one email from the premier - but that just means it made it into the in box and nothing more. This confuses me as our premier promised that every email gets read - so - what gives? Reading emails can be done anywhere by anyone hired by a government office. Seriously, there is no excuse! Don’t need to go to an office building, nobody expects the premier to be reading these himself but his staff could, not enough staff then hire more, maybe laid off people from the hospitality area. This is not a good look and times 4! Two emails for the premier, one to Christine Elliot (Health Minister) and one to Sylvia Jones (Solicitor General). Not a peep from anyone on the emails and nothing from anyone with regard to those couriered letters which were expensive and rather noticeable by their rarity these days. I’ll wait and then start phoning and see what happens there. Most people never contact their elected officials, so showing my experience is probably informative.

Speaking of which, no reply from Apple to the letter for Tim Cook! Nadda, nothing, and not much more to say. I’ll update that bit of advocacy officially though.

I have corporate taxes to do - what a groan…..

The pandemic sucked all the life blood out of this place. I’m just representative of everyone else, but a stupid virus did all this! For a while reality here could actually compete with fantasy entertainment, now it’s just the drudgery of reality slowly getting back to normal. I’m no longer in the driver’s seat, so many other things dictate what happens to me. I can’t work miracles but only deal with the situation as it stands. I’m sorry it slowed things down and that sucks, but how is your own life going? See, it’s everyone’s problem. In this reality it really is more fun to see attractive people doing everyday pandemic restricted stuff instead of me doing the same thing. I get it, but soon I’ll be back to doing what I do which the beautiful people would never do, and thus a reason to keep an eye on what happens here. It will happen and all those ideas will play themselves out. Reality is what it is…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/ZPrB3WvnZpE
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did something really stupid!

I signed up to fly on that Virgin Galactic ship! Yes, I went on their website for some extra info and found out they would email you by clicking these boxes, one of those boxes is about booking a flight. So I ticked the one above it and the one below it and stared at it for a few seconds. Then in a fit is whimsy I ticked that box and just hit the submit button, so I asked about wanting to fly with virgin into space.

I truly figured you would just get an email with links about how much it costs and info like that. But so far - nothing - and that starts to get you nervous. You start to think that instead of emails, someone will call and try to pressure you into - what I later found out - plunking down a 25,000 dollar deposit! And that’s the deposit for a 250,000 dollar one hour trip into the sky. I quickly regretted that impulsive decision but what is done is done.

So for you die hards that still come here you get to see what happened if you wanted to sign up for the trip! Nothing so far so maybe the system was so overloaded that it crashed and my information is lost? Nah, I’m fu**ed and a call is coming…..

Apart from the cost, I’m very much onboard with going. Any Sci-fi nut is going if they can afford it. If the price came down to the cost of a car then maybe we are getting to the hard decision - but 250,000 - nope, and I actually could pay this. The reality is that the price will drop dramatically and by the time your chance on the waiting list comes up it may be like the price on the old Concorde. So if there is a waiting list of seven or eight years and at my age, it’s not crazy to hold a spot now if the down payment isn’t obscene.

We shall soon see but Branson’s space trip did cement the reality of space travel for the average person. This past Friday space travel was thought to be this impossibility to me - and by Tuesday - I’m bitching about the Virgin salesman calling me to book a trip into outer space. Like flipping a switch, your reality changes. As a pivot this could happen with the advocacy…..

In other news: Nobody has opened any of the emails - now I’m getting pissed off.

What else - Well the mistaken idea that the traffic I generate is all in favour of me. It is not. Over the years I would say at my peak one third are fans, one third hate my guts and what I’m about and the last third are uncomfortable with me but interested and if I do or say something provocative they don’t like they are gone for a while. But the take away is that two thirds don’t like me. If you are on Instagram in a big way almost all are fans, but on private advocacy websites you may have fans but you are also being watched, I’m not as liked as I think I am. Fans are people I know and those that support my ideas, mostly women if you were curious. I have to disregard numbers as then you play to the majority and not say things to piss off people of and hurt traffic. But I don’t profit from traffic, traffic may indicate dissemination of ideas but my numbers are minuscule. I sort of like it here as I can speak my mind. Let this be a lesson to those that operate off other platforms, it may be easier to generate traffic, but you are then a slave to the whims and terms of service of those platforms. Be provocative and you could find yourself off the net. And starting over on your own website is a huge setback in every way. I see this regularly now, if your enemies want to shut you down they complain to the major platforms and the knee jerk reaction is to shut you down because they can’t be bothered. Like me and Amazon, movies and TV shows streaming, then they purchase big catalogs and drop all of you just like that without any reason. Selling CDs and DVDs on Amazon - not anymore just because they say so. I hope you see why I now run my own websites, sure people can vote with traffic as to what they approve or disapprove of what they read, but they can’t shut me down like on Wordpress, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. I still have a home on the internet…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/UcjiYn3xXMg
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I just made the phone calls and now it’s wait and go to the courts and tribunals.

So the first call was to Christine Elliot’s constituency office which went nowhere fast. Now, I have worked on the phones before so I’ll give the guy a pass on phone manners (now as a free speech guy, he didn’t say the call was recorded so I’m cool with the lively discussion even though I didn’t telegraph it - hehehehe) but the long and short of that call was that I was not a constituent and so there was nothing he could do for me. Now while he should probably get some phone call suggestions from Sylvia Jone’s office he did give me direction on how to proceed, so a more “gruff” call but the dude did give me real information so the call was neither good or bad in the end…..

The second call was to Doug Ford which was the exact opposite of Christine Elliot’s office. You are put on hold to an IVR system like any business - you are called a customer (love that) along with the call being monitored/recorded and told to wait and such and after about a minute someone picked up. She told me policy for a response was 15 days. Actually that was the best experience I ever got calling up a politician! So we wait the two weeks…..

Last call was to Sylvia Jone’s constituency office and I figured this call would be warfare as it was Sylvia Jones that said we would not be revaccinating all the AstraZeneca people. But no, the person that picked up the phone was very nice! I went through the motions and she said he would look through the emails and forward it to Sylvia Jone’s BlackBerry.

Her BlackBerry?

Yes her BlackBerry! It’s no secret Doug Ford my Premier still uses a BlackBerry and bought a pile of new ones before the last sold out but now we have Sylvia Jones! I also have a BlackBerry Passport and BlackBerry Enterprise so this is a positive to me. Right now I’m typing this update on my iPhone 12 Pro Max (512gig) and it is the worst experience for typing. It screws up my messages and sentences and if you have to send a carefully worded message - then the BlackBerry still ROCKS!

I have to run some errands now - but that is what’s has happened on the vaccination front.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/Le5vsUYKCVg
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virgin Galactic finally made contact with me…..

I’ve been examining the differences between Virgin and BO now that I’m sort of involved so to speak. We all know how Virgin operates. You go to the airport and take off like in a normal plane. Then the craft drops from its carrier and rockets to the edge of space - but like a plane then X15 from the late 1950s. You get 4 minutes of weightlessness with the craft turned upside down to enjoy the view. Then you strap in and glide back to the same runway you left on. Virgin uses jet fuel which is safer than hydrogen but more environmentally harmful.

Blue Origin is like a traditional rocket with the same issues. You are in a gantry on top of a six story hydrogen rocket (or bomb as some quip) which is better for the environment but maybe not for your life cause if anything happens - boom - and there are no second chances. You go higher then Virgin but spend only three minutes at apogee in weightiness. You don’t glide down but hurtle or wobble down with your life dependent on parachutes deploying and just before you hit ground, small rockets fire to make touch down less jarring, otherwise you hit at 20 miles per hour. This is a classic early Soviet space craft and flight as far as I can see

Which is better? They quip about total height but I don’t think anyone will care as the “rest of the world” is really only a handful of countries. I would say they are all in space from what I’ve seen. Much higher than the X15 went. Virgin is way safer in every respect as it really is like a plane trip. If anything goes wrong you can glide back to earth even landing on a road. Blue Origin seems to hold to the three percent death rate for astronauts and the big worry is that hydrogen rocket that launches you.

Anyway I could go on forever. But this is what’s occupying my mind right now.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/WFZwI10HEsw

https://youtu.be/lcLJj6i1LTs
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m finally catching up on things…..

The World Bank/IMF have finally set dates and such. I’ll probably go no matter what kind of involvement this year even if it’s just a recon. The WTO is still a possibility but timelines are smashing together. A ticket to the UN when heads of state are there trumps all - but everyone wants that ticket. Time will sort all that out!

I’m catching up on maintenance like updating the second board and downloading the latest databases on our servers. I’ll download all our product files from Amazon before the eliminate all the files for CDs and DVDs. Will they delete my shows and movies from their servers? Probably not as they want to keep everything - just in case. That’s probably why the web pages for the videos are still up. Most will be content to just “leave be” cause Amazon’s brand has gone up recently. Anyway…..

Blue Origin

Anyway: Next up in the commercial space race is Blue Origin. The big show is set in just a few days with Jeff Bezos riding on board. This space trip can be fully autonomous unlike Virgin that has two astronauts flying the thing. You literally can have six people on board with no clue how anything works and I find that more than unsettling. They should at least have one BO astronaut to keep an eye on things and maybe they will for the first flights. But I would be scared shitless in there with only passengers and no crew - Virgin is “so” much more comforting that way. The full trip with Virgin takes two hours but BO is only ten minutes. Maybe - Maybe - factoring in time on the launch pad and time waiting for someone to find the capsule and let you out may bring BO up to two hours but the visuals during that time go to the Virgin experience.

What else?

A very busy week and I’m glad to just get a good night’s sleep. The pandemic crippled everything we had planned here but that’s everyone else’s experience. Just roll with the punches and carry on.

As started before - no Touch ID on the next iPhone so no upgrade this year for me. Getting the 12 Pro Max was an expensive gamble that seems to be paying off as well as buying the new glasses before advocacy started up again. The Mustang has now officially gone three months without a fluid leak - so no verifiable problems to take to the dealer for over four years. So the car may go the full five year warranty without an issue - the best new car I ever had! This is the exact opposite of all the other Mustang models they make - he who laughs last…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/6ZJghIk7_VA

https://youtu.be/RQlOwv1KIc4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 347, 348, 349 ... 416, 417, 418  Next
Page 348 of 418

Jump to: