Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 300, 301, 302 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are too many things to do with the orgs and I can’t do them all at once so you end up doing nothing and getting bored. But I thought it out. Do that which only you can do and then expand to things only a few can do and on that line. So in all the people I ever met in my 60 years I am the only one I know of that can do the advocating on the stuff people are concerned about and want me to advocate on their behalf – so I’m doing that first. Then get the movie on the air and film festival and the music stuff. That is the quick and dirty break down of it all.

In other news.....

No news with the UN but it is getting late in the day and that is never a good sign so expect the worst but you really never know. As for all the apple stuff I am buying lately. The AirPods rock and especially with the watch so the series 5 watch looks a go. Since it basically is a series 4 with a new screen the bugs should be worked out, but there is always the new screen – but acceptable chances and I could even try to do the buy it on opening day thing like those in the past. But only if the lineup is not long. Then record me doing the drop test to see if it shattered…. Nah…. I figure the large 44mm face with GPS and LTE and in stainless steel. I looked at the black stainless steel which is said to have a coating like a diamond. But I noticed the strap coated the same way has scratched the case where the band can rub up against it so it really does scratch anyway. So I may as well stick with stainless steel uncoated and let it scratch up like the stainless steel Rolex I had and live with it. These models come with the synthetic sapphire crystal but I may put a tempered protector on it anyway for shatter resistance and see how many days that will last. But I also just made sure my el-cheapo phone plan will accept the Apple watch esim and it will for an extra ten bucks a month. See we are good to go as long as I can get the watch. That may end up being my treat for my 60th birthday.

That watch will be one expensive watch but when you hit the big 60 you realize that if you want to splurge you should do it now cause when you retire you won’t be able to do that anymore! It starts to depress you. Maybe you have one more expensive smart watch. One more car (Corvette hopefully). Maybe one or two big scores at the United Nations and maybe some viable media companies to keep me busy. It’s all coming to a head quickly.

There is no more starting over. I’m working the endgame now. Time is no longer on my side. Personally I feel fine, just a touch of grey, but I have the usual deal with aging parents, family responsibilities and everyone my age falling apart and retiring and dying and it all conspires to get to you. You look back on your life and see a wasted life. A lot of it not your fault, and now you fight for those that made it so bad and get nothing back in return. It is what it is.....

I’m also a beta tester for Apple. This is IOS 13 that you can get in a few days. It runs off my iPhone 6S Plus fine with no sluggishness. I would suggest holding off for one more year. Upgrade to a 5G phone next year and keep it for years to come. From the 6S and up you are still supported with security updates and all that. All dark mode gets you is colorful bubbles this time and nothing more. iOS 13 supposedly catches apps like Facebook trying to monitor your Bluetooth but asks first so only an idiot would say yes to that – but I digress…..

Later…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyyoaWjVXYM&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzvk0fWtCs0&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so the UN rejection finally came in....

Not exactly unexpected as this is a hot ticket there. When things drag on like with The World Bank/ITU you know your fate. So I immediately cancelled my hotel booking and got my money back and used that to help put an order on the Apple Watch I’ve been lusting for. But this is rejection once again. Actually, nothing but rejection since the successful dissemination of the positive mandate.

The rejections add up. Especially when you add in the film festival rejections. They all sound the same after a while, like white noise. But as a successful salesman you know it’s a numbers game in the end. The positive mandate was a big deal for me and that happened and then it was payment time. I keep my gang away from this as I’ve stated before - they simple can’t take this kind of abuse. But I can.....

You just keep at it. But I’m also aware of the fact that it’s always over before you know it’s over. We had a good run though. I will continue with the papers for a possible dissemination next February but the way this thing is going there are no guarantees. But there were never any guarantees, and the TV stuff was particularly brutal.

No matter where you go the odds are against you as airplay for music and a spot on television, to the UN stuff. Even expensive outdoor concerts are a grind and here you are up against large banks vying for a decent spot. But this is reality, and I could just apply and keep things quiet and only talk about something if it panned out - then I look like the luckiest man on earth. It’s just a little over six months since the positive mandate stuff so it is not that long. But I don’t operate that way. You get to see things in real time. Warts and all!

For this vacation I tried the Geneva trip and that tanked. Tried the World Bank and was rejected and now the UN. So now it’s back to working on the papers and fixing the chimney; getting rid of the squirrels and rustproofing the car. Not glamorous but that is life for me right now.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A short one today.

Going over business strategy with my gang as we turn the companies more toward traditional business models. I’ll be making some quick changes with the record label and then the movie stuff especially when we have updated CRTC certs for all our material.

I also want to buy an Apple Watch tomorrow and play with that thing on the weekend. Work continues on the paper and around my house. I guess in the end this ends up being a real vacation for me finally.

And yes, just a couple of days till I turn 60 (I’m still 59 - sort of like when I was 49). As much as I try, this birthday carries a lot of baggage with it. It is best to just have the day pass and wake up the next day with a fresh decade to close off the active part of your life. At least it seems that way from where I sit.

Later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an early one as I’ll be early at the Apple Store tomorrow.

Yes I may be one of those people! And here is the reason why: I probably like you, realize the Apple Store is not the only store selling The series 5 Apple Watch. So if I just waited till the afternoon I could just waltz into a Best Buy or Rogers store and pick one up instead of that fiasco that happens once a year at Apple stores. Unfortunately the high end stainless steel isn’t carried at Best Buy and the cell phone store wants to sell you a watch locked to their network or a plan (and you would have to order it no less) or so they tell me. I found this out after I cancelled my online order with Apple. So now I may be the man in motion going from Apple store to Apple store like a vagabond and then shelling out 1200 dollars for an overpriced watch. Of course I’m also the guy that wore a Rolex watch on my wrist as I drove a worn out old jalopy when I was a salesman.

But I love watches and figured they were doomed and finished and the Apple Watch has finally made wearing that preferable to carrying my phone. Like at Thanksgiving Day dinner. I no longer have to keep it on the floor near my feet or on the table like before. I can keep the phone in the car because I have the watch instead. So the watch has a new life again and I want to be in on that!

So I’m going to be out there running around trying to score a SS AW5 on opening day. That will be a story. There’s no fool like an old fool.

The cases for the movie theatre - CRU drives!

Aside from that I want to get the movie on a streaming service or on TV. The great thing about showing the movie in a real full size 400 seat theatre is that I now know my material was shot in quality video. It looks the way a movie should look on the big screen. I don’t have that inferiority complex about all the SD footage in the early days. 4K - who needs it! All I need is that CRTC certificate!

Finally as I wax philosophic about rejection - remember this - I am constantly asking to promote my ideas. I apply to go where people of influence gather and advocate. I am doing my thing and it is they that are rejecting me. I haven’t given up on anything! After 60 years of psychological torture I am still pushing ahead with things regardless. I’m no loser because others reject me on the basis of the subjective judgment. This is not a race and whoever crosses the line first wins - this is all about the subjective judgment. If I quit then I am a loser and not the other way around. So as the rejections come in from venues in film,TV, radio and even the UN; realize that I never gave up.

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercy post here for those looking at the news and deciding to skip iOS 13 and wait for iOS 13.1. I’ve been on 13.1 for awhile as a beta tester and the only issues I had were:

Phone got hot updating and I threw it in the freezer to cool down.

Scrolling issues and Apple pop-ups in Safari.

Floating curser when typing in Safari.

But that was about it and hopefully they are resolved by September 24 when 13.1 goes live. Have fun with all that.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I’m now the proud owner of a 44mm Stainless Steel Series 5 Apple Watch!

I arrived at the Apple store at about 7:50am only to be greeted by a lineup of other suckers waiting to be the first to get their new toy. Reservations came first and then the rest of us troglodytes were approached and asked which product we wanted to buy and then our place in the lineup was set. So it seemed everyone in the lineup was a paying customer – wow…..

This triage was a good thing as I wondered if they would have a Stainless Steel watch in supply and they did but with a white band. I agreed as I would unload the white strap with the old watch when I got rid of it. So I was slated to go in there at 8:30 but they let people in as others went out and I got in there at about 8:17 or so. Very professional, with one Apple person per customer, handshakes and greetings and all the rest. Then they checked my reservation at the line up and sent someone to get the watch. And out it came. The Apple person really tried to push the Apple care on me but I had my reasons and did not want it. They extend the warrantee but if it’s a real issue they just fix it anyway like cracked screens on the series zero watches even years later. A cracked screen is cheaper to replace but it always is better just to buy a new watch – so no Apple care. Paid for it and out I went to the Starbucks downstairs for some breakfast and a mocha as any good Apple sheep would do.

Unboxed and slipped in my black silicon strap and all is great! Love the bigger screen and the Stainless Steel. I’ve already paired it and just adding some music then off I go to add the cellular ability and then fiddle with the watch.

More news later…..

In other news – all the squirrels are gone – I hope. The last one was relocated yesterday. This one looked like one that had returned back home from an 80km relocation and I was impressed! This was no ordinary squirrel. If this is the same squirrel – and I took photos this time to make sure – I may just make a pet out of the thing including a squirrel sanctuary instead of having him eat the wood beams in my attic. I left him in Oakville and if he can find his way back from there – that is it and he stays! It must be the same squirrel, as when I caught him he just stayed there quietly and stared me down, and even when I opened the door to let him out – he would not leave! I moved it around and the guy just stay in the back! So I put him back in the truck and drove him to a more wooded area and tried to let him leave, again he hesitated but eventually wandered off…. Crap! This actually is like having a pet. I actually started thinking about the rat – of all things!

Anyway I’m off to the cellphone store. But I have to admit it – these Apple people really know how to put on a show for opening day of the new line. They really made buying their stuff a sensation in many ways that you never see anywhere else. I just had to add that as it is infectious and part of the experience of that crass commercial raping of my wallet – but they did so in a very entertaining way…..

Later…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Friday was Apple day from going down there early and getting the watch and the rest of the day learning about it and setting things up. The most exasperating thing was setting up the data plan. Actually setting it up was easy but using it is a pain. I was surprised my BYOD plan had the Apple watch add-on and for 10 bucks you get calls and texts and 5 gigs of date – yes 5 gigs. But you soon realize you are never going to use the 5 gigs of data.

You find that most apps are not set up for data but work through the iPhone and not exclusively the watch. The only apps that will go solo seem to be the Apple apps like Apple Maps. The phone will take calls on its own and there seems to be data for iMessage. Apple Maps works on its own so that uses some data. But it is not what you thought it would be. But it was set up today. Other things like Apple Pay got set up and the EEG and heart rate was tested and all that worked. I thought the compass was broken until I clicked off using true north and that works now. Actually everything works now.

As for the watch? I made the right choice. You pay for stainless steel but it looks like a watch on your wrist – a proper watch – and not some large piece of equipment strapped to your wrist. The question now is whether to go with the watch naked or put a bumper on it. One Youtuber made the comment that if it is now a watch – did you ever wear a bumper or screen protector on it back then? The answer is no, but I always remember scratching it but you get used to that – it’s the minor dents that bugged me. No screen protector as on a whim I bought a tempered glass one for 22 bucks and you could hardly get any interaction with (screen sensitivity was non-existent) the screen so I threw that thing into the garbage and then regretted it as I could of shown you all what it looked like. But a rubber “case” or bumper may have value if you are doing something active outdoors but it has to be one that will not pop off and that means one that wraps around the straps. I will do that on Saturday.

So this was my consolation prize for not doing anything UN-ish these two weeks. It is nice to finally be back into watches again – and a high end one at that. Be we shall see how long the interest lasts. But the Apple Watch series 5 is indeed a watch – at last!

A line that just never seems to end!

I checked the Apple Store later while shopping and at night the lineups were huge at my mall and lord knows what the downtown store looks like! I can’t believe after all these years this still goes on at Apple stores. In my case I could only get my watch at the Apple store but I got sucked in too. So waiting in line at the opening was far more exciting and a shorter wait than later on – for those who don’t have to work. And of course there are the usual people in line that instantly take the phone and drop test it or even smash it with a hammer until the screen bleeds black and that battery heats up and threatens to explode. All for clicks and cash you know…..

Goodnight…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_tlBBoKd4I&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Saturday was to test everything on the new watch, get a cheap bumper case guard if I had to take it rock climbing or something. And then I actually decided to get the Applecare for this thing for the first time on any Apple device.

This bumper makes the watch look cheap but it is the best so far.

A close up!

So everything works and there is actual data being used on the watch and the phone and messages work normally. It is strange to actually be able to leave the phone at home and cut the cord without anxiety. You know the anxiety when you leave the phone at home and go to work or shopping or whatever. Well if you have the watch you can sort of make do. Even better if you need to cut down on screen time the watch is the way to go keeping you connected but not obsessed. So at the end of the day I was actually satisfied – actually satisfied – with buying this Apple watch. No regrets getting the stainless steel and the cheap version of synthetic sapphire crystal and such. So it has synthetic sapphire on the front face, stainless steel for the body and buttons and the back is ceramic with synthetic sapphire for the optical back with the heart rate module. So apart from minor scratches on the stainless steel, this thing should be impervious to the environment – but not so fast…..

Fact is the crystals even synthetic sapphire can easily shatter and much easier than scratchable Ion-X Glass I had in the series zero watch. A fall from waist height to concrete could smash it as seen I some drop tests. Funny thing is even the back of the watch can shatter it you drop it on a Synthetic marble kitchen countertop and I noticed today – nothing happened. But you get the idea enough to change your mind and get the Apple insurance. So I added a pile of songs on there and now I start to use it and forget about the new toy and get other things done. No new phone for me as the next version should be a serious upgrade and more future proof with 5G. With 19mb of data in one day today I doubt there is any use for 5G in the Apple watch unless you are crazy enough to want to watch movies on the screen! We may see a new screen in micro LED and maybe better battery life next year, but you only live once so this watch met the conditions of a watch and I bought it – that is how that decision went. But like I said no post-purchase dissonance. I like it and it looks like a watch, wears like a watch and not some toy strapped to your wrist. This has to be noted as the other watches feel, quite frankly, cheap compared to the Apple watches when you get into the upgraded metal and ceramic bodies. They feel – no – they are traditional watches in looks and feel!

So while expensive I am happy with this purchase. Would I rather be in New York at the UN and not have the watch? Yup – I would rather be there – so this is the consolation prize most definitely. Maybe that will change in the future with a few more scores under my belt but that is the way this cookie crumbled.

So while I made you all endure my little pretentious Apple Watch/superficial/commercialized/Apple Fan like/ sheeple diatribes, well these may be coming to an end. I have to go and tuck point up the chimney. The squirrels seem to be out of the attic but for how long. I’ll wash all the exterior windows and rust proof the Mustang again for the upcoming winter. You can’t stop time and it just marches ahead. In two days I will be 60 and that is depressing. We all live in this fantasy where we are still young in our minds when everyone else sees an old guy. And birthdays are sort of like that reminder of how old you really are. Turning 60 is like confirming things are winding up in your active life. You may have already hit your peak never to be attained again. But while I can live with my accomplishments so far – I want more. Rationally, I should just scale back things and get ready for retirement and just work on legitimizing and getting the word out about the positive mandate for humanity. But I also want some form of broadcast or distribution for the movie. I doubt there is another feature length movie in me anymore. Have a better business model for the record label. Maybe one more big outdoor music festival. Maybe even a couple more paper newspapers to keep the newspaper box in the office stuffed! And hopefully some more advocacy later on after we do our public announcements for the people on the street hopefully next February. But the bad luck so far is brutal. They gave me what I wanted and then threw my ambitions into the freezer for want of a better metaphor. The only excitement happening for me right now is buying an Apple Watch…..

But things will always change, and I have to be careful because sometimes they don’t change for the better. You just try your best and ride out the tough times…..

Some more: I scrapped the entire watch face on some rough concrete and - nothing as in nothing at all! Yes, I took that horrible case protector off. So that inspires confidence and this was right across the entire watch face. Luckily it didn’t touch the stainless steel. But that is inevitable. Also some claims of the always on display having no effect on battery like seem true. On a pretty controlled test the series five actually had slightly better life than the series 4 four! How can that be? Some are saying there may be a bigger battery in there. So I guess you can have your cake and eat it too. Also I am installing the fourth version of iOS 13.1. Maybe now I can easily post YouTube links again..... This is as bad as the beta tester program for Windows 10 - never again!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/C5E9zuTpcIE
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will post updates as I see fit as the last moments of me in my fifties comes to an end.

Strangely the squirrels are gone but this last week is some major home reno stuff. Anyway I’m going to cut an DNxHD file of the movie and try to get it on the air. I’ll target the smallest and most desperate channels and see what happens. If I get some traction I’ll push our series on them and see what happens. So that’s my last act as a guy still in his fifties. Strange as I don’t feel old. So make your moves before you become old.

Later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test post from Apple watch - wow!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well some would say that I am 60 as of today – but not so fast.

I was born at 1:00pm so I still technically have time to enjoy being a man in his 50s! Even better, I was born in Winnipeg which is one hour behind so I will still be a man in his 50s at 1:59:59 today. So don’t push me in my grave any faster than I need to be. I don’t feel 60. I don’t look 60 either. But the clock says otherwise. Physiologically I’m turning 53 today and that seems about right but people will take chronological age every time. So 60 later this day and a new era of ageism becomes me.....

But what have I been doing in my last moments of life as a man in his fifties? Well I should have two DNxHD samples for the TV stations, one progressive and one interlaced and that should do in a pinch. I also have all papers in the flesh with the last two still being worked on and improved. One of those is that AI job loss paper which impacts 800 million people and their families. You can get countries to legislate companies especially big corporations to keep a percentage of jobs for humans – but they can’t just be "jobs". Of course any job is better than no job especially if you need the money, but the positive mandate - again - shows the way. Take that legislative advantage and if the job isn’t meaningful then turn it into one that is by giving people jobs where they can be all they can be instead of just punching a clock for a job that has no propose. Seriously, I don’t think a big corporation is going to turn off a machine and let a human do it with more error and hassle. The obligation will be meaningless jobs for the humans and nothing more to keep doing business in that country. But having jobs that at least help develop the culture and help with self-expression, is best with the person involved, society and humanity in general.

That could work.

That is me right now in the very room I am typing this in.Uncropped and unretouched – A man clinging to his fifties by his fingernails!

Anyway I am off to Starbucks and then staring into mirrors as I morph into senility..... The new watch toy helps. Yes, I did post that above from the watch with the phone off and it is a huge pain to use but you can maneuver around the net with that thing!

Later – literally.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxUuU1jwMgM&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yes, I am now officially sixty.....

Yes it’s done and done with. I’m officially an old man but don’t know it yet. I spent the day playing with the watch which was a great birthday purchase for so many reasons. But 2:00pm passed and that was that. I decided to go to a mall far away and turn on the radio and what do I hear - UN stuff about climate change going on right now - Damn! I just gets rubbed in again and again. If accepted I’d be hopping on a plane and sleeping over for the big deal tomorrow! But instead I’m working on the chimney and washing dishes. I’ll buy The family some supper tonight and that should be it.

I was supposed to be in Geneva now, or prepping for the World Bank/IMF or at the UN with all the big wigs. Instead I’m doing something close to nothing to celebrate 60. That watch is a poor fourth in the pecking order. I was wondering about the rejection hoping it was irrelevance to the cause instead of rejection for another reason - Your mind does wander. But all that is done and passed me now. Most would say be thankful you can actually apply with a chance as for them that’s an impossibility - But whatever. Give me the UN and I’ll give back the watch.....

And that is the day so far. I will clean up the house and put the garbage out and then buy supper. I’m not even sure if we have a cake - Better call ahead. No fool like an old fool. Like the TV files are ready for television broadcast but I can’t do anything until the CRTC certification comes in - alway someone holding things up. Me at the mercy of other people and mostly the subjective judgement works against me - especially in Canada - but I digress.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the day after turning sixty.....

I committed to all sorts of stuff just before my birthday to make sure I didn’t wimp out on things after 60 - just to be sure. Right now we change the business models to a more commercial viewpoint. We will still support artists that were in the experiment, but they have to know that their contributions and worth are more in the lines of supporting our cause and advocacy today -with regard to freedom of expression as opposed to pure commercial worth. The next year should be interesting.

Otherwise I am catching up on things at the journalist org and around the house. I could have been at the UN right now as I type this out, but that is the way it is this time. So you just make the best of it as there is nothing you can do about it. Sixty for me was rough but a woman I met yesterday said fifty was the worst for her. Now that I’m on the other side I still feel the same as usual. But the worry is that I will wimp out, become less ambitious, scale back and whither away.

That shouldn’t happen soon but I have to be ever vigilant. Anyway it is a new decade for me and probably the last at the helm charging and dong things. I have to do it all now and as soon as possible. You all know what I mean.

Good-day.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the strangest vacation in quite a while…..

Everything seems to be happening at the UN now and it’s a pity you couldn’t be there but as I said that was out of your control. Anyway, one more day that I could have been there and then I can try to put it out of my mind. In fact this vacation was mostly now just dealing with turning 60 and the failure on the UN stuff and all. So the vacation really starts on Thursday – hahahahaha…..

But 60 is behind me – you just have to accept the fact you are getting older. The trick here is to keep charging as it is easier to just accept things and give up as you get older. Charging means taking risks and spending cash and all sorts of things that is more acceptable when you were younger but less acceptable as an old fart. You really have to fight the urge and keep going. So one more day you feel like smashing you head into a concrete pole because you are shut out of the places where all the action is – then you can relax. I guess Wednesday I should buy some bricks to finish up repairing my chimney and keep my mind off things. Maybe wash the car ad mow the lawn. The weather is changing and summer is over.

Take (for example) the movie stuff and my wish to have some fun with it as we applied to all the festivals - Nothing but grief. No fun and nobody really interested in it. A total downer from the fantasy when I was first thinking about the experience. Even if there was someone to share the experience with, it was a letdown, and of course there was nobody to share the experience with. So making the movie was good for the advocacy but a disappointment personally as it was just grief and rejection.

What else…..

Oh that iApple stuff: So before I move away from all things Apple there has been some changes. First I have opted out of the beta program and just installed iOS 13.1 now and I’ll leave it at that. And that expensive watch. I still like it. But I now know how it should be used. Basically it is a series 4 watch with always on display, a compass and double the space. I am starting to leave the always display on but you are so trained to not want to waste power, you turn it off after a while. But the face does stay on and you do look at it more often and it is just cool to see a digital watch face always one when you are so used to mechanical watch faces. I am now checking the claims of battery life. That will take a few days but basically you use it like the previous year but I turn off the gestures to wake and either hit the crown to see the time or leave it on if time is a necessity to check out. In other words the always on thing is not a 24/7 thing but used when you rock with the watch and leave the phone behind or you are working out and such and want to keep an eye on things. That compass is more useful than I thought. In the car you always can tell your direction by the compass in the dash, but out and about the compass is useful when you are on the streets in areas you are not familiar with. As for the storage, Apple used to limit songs to 2 gigs but as I add more material we shall see if they lifted this limit. I am sure it was there to make you stream their music instead – but I digress….. The watch is beautiful, even in plan stainless steel. You have synthetic sapphire on the crystal and ceramic with synthetic sapphire on the back with the monitor and radio antennas under the back crystal which is cool to look at! Apple makes you pay a premium for this but technology made up as jewelry works. My old days with pot metal and polysulfon cases for calculator watches are over now. But even though the watch is sort of a series 4s model rather than series 5, once you have that always on display, you can’t go back. While someone that purchased a watch last year probably won’t update, even if the box stores are discounting series four watches - I can’t recommend anyone get a series 4 anymore. For the savings it is not worth it not to go with a series five. Its only just been released but I can see series 5 owners always making sure the watch face is on while in public and out and about and this will quickly turn into apple watch snobbery as to who has the current watch and who has an older one – the watch face never lies. You are better off with the new model as all future watches will be always on.

And that is basically it. A couple of weeks transitioning to the sixties. But the best thing I did was forcing me to continue with the projects. I read things right. And I will stay committed to my younger self. Even though it seems like never ending rejection I will follow through and run things out as planned. The reality is never like the fantasy…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting from the phone.

We will have some new websites tomorrow and Lara will make that announcement. I’m trying to score some bricks and fix the chimney before my vacation is over. And what a vacation! I turned 60 and had to deal with that and the future of everything. The kids are back to school and back at the orgs causing more trouble via good intentions so they get a pass The only regret is the wasted time to do this and that I didn’t get to go to the UN this week.

Later.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 300, 301, 302 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 301 of 416

Jump to: