Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 414, 415, 416, 417, 418  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedom at last!

The corporate taxes have been sent. The IRS taxes were sent days ago. My letter to Daniel Ek of Spotify is ready to be sent. All that’s left is the eulogy for Kevin.

These professional eulogies are important for the family. When Pize died I was the only non-white guy at the viewing. Who was that guy? Oh, the record label guy as Pize had just put out some music with us. Ok, I belonged there and mostly moved around with the other musicians. But when I did his eulogy at the orgs his family linked the notice so friends and family could see the actual accomplishments of Pize in the music world.

Pize and I would actually argue over what we should do to ongoing projects. His family had no clue that he signed up with us for future concert promotions. Anyway I got a warm feeling that my reflections of the man became the official and lasting summary of the man’s life.

With Kevin Adgey, He was a journalist and early member at IAIJ. He submitted his story about Christopher Reeve coming up to visit him after his life altering accident that made him handicapped and can be found here:

https://www.iaij.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=144

Kevin was also a musician, as in an author & composer and performer. Kevin as a journalist always wanted sources so you have his first news article. Here is one of his songs FOF published back in the day:

And here is Kevin playing before a large audience at the original FOFSTOCK at Yonge-Dundas Square:

Kevin Adgey at FOFSTOCK!

Kevin was also part of the organizing committee for FOFSTOCK and I have video of Kevin along with Shane and Michael when we met with YDS to discus the music festival arrangements. He also became a member of the staff here for a while.

So I’ll put out the announcement and eulogy for Kevin today and maybe add more as more information becomes available. Things are hectic in Kevin’s family right now, as can be expected. Shane was one of Kevin’s best friends so he will represent the orgs at Kevin’s funeral.

Aside from all that I am free of things for at least one day! Then the insurance company calls up and it all starts up again. I actually went home and sipped on a coffee admiring my handiwork converting a cheap piece of crap guitar into a good and honest sounding SSS Stratocaster I’m proud to have in the guitar racks in my room (prior to this it was in a gig bag in the basement)! And there is not a single scratch on that guitar when I finished, it looks brand new! But for now I can actually preen myself up a bit - what you take for granted is a luxury for me. Shaving everyday is a challenge - I laugh at that - but that is closer to the truth than you know.

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the obituary post for Kevin:

Maurice Ali wrote:
Kevin Adgey (Kevy Keyz) Dead at 52!

By Maurice Ali,
Fortress of Freedom Inc.
FOF Records Inc.
FOF Entertainment Inc.
FOFSTOCK Inc.
International Association of Independent Journalists Inc.
International Archiving of Independent Journalists Inc.
More Vision Inc.

It is with much sadness that we at this organization, announce that fellow musical artist Kevin Michael Adgey has died a few days ago at the age of 52.

Kevin Michael Adgey

Kevin was one of our earliest members at IAIJ and his first article was about a trip Christopher Reeve (i.e. Superman in the movies) made to him after a life altering car accident and that article can be found here:

https://www.iaij.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=144

In addition to his journalism, Kevin was also a musician as in composing and authoring songs and having them published by Fortress of Freedom Inc. and distributed by his record label FOF Records Inc. along with FOF Entertainment Inc. screen credits for our movie and TV series.

A Kevin Adgey song we published back in the day at Socan!

Kevin Adgey was also part of the staff at FOF working as a production assistant and also was part of the organizing committee for FOFSTOCK.

Kevy Keyz performing at the FOFSTOCK music festival in Toronto!

He also performed at large music festivals with his signature keyboard in and around the Toronto area. His stage name was “Kevy Keyz” as he was always seen with his keyboard wherever he played.

Kevin doing a video interview with Slash in Toronto!

Kevin doing his thing with the band “Anvil”!

Kevin makes the front page of The Fortress in 2010!

Rest in peace Kevin Adgey.

FORTRESS OF FREEDOM: BRINGING THE MASS MEDIA TO THE MASSES!

Nothing there was made up or exaggerated. That was who he was at our organization. I don’t know much about his family and personal life, so I will leave it as is as it is the family who always comes across these announcements sooner or later; and I don’t want to guess things about the people that will sooner or later read it.

Maurice Ali wrote:
FOFSTOCK Sends Letter to Spotify About Musical Royalties!

By Maurice Ali, President - FOFSTOCK

FOFSTOCK Inc. has sent a letter to Spotify’s CEO Daniel Ek regarding recent changes to artist royalties on his platform.

We believe the changes are a breach of contract and also devalues Spotify’s worth in the long run, so we sent them a letter about that. We sent the proposal on March 12 (2024) and will await a reply if there is any reply at all.

More news as it becomes available.

FOFSTOCK: THE MUSIC ORGANIZATION FOR MUSICIANS!

I also sent the Spotify letter to Daniel Ek in Sweden. Don’t expect much from this but advocacy is what we do at FOFSTOCK - so there you go. We took a different viewpoint with contract law and Spotify’s future valuation that I don’t think anyone has addressed. I would be very surprised if we get any response - but I would really love to be a fly on the wall when they open and read that letter…..

I have time to relax now and admire my handiwork with that Kramer guitar. Still, the Buick Enclave has to be sorted out and the mail has to be opened and bills have to be paid. I really have too many corporations and private companies to attend to! Anyway, that was my day…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we have more clarity on things now.

FOFSTOCK has officially started making moves in its own separation from FOF. This has been going on so long that you just take things for granted. Proofreading our Spotify announcement, I realize the format was pre-incorporation and that FOFSTOCK is now a legal entity now and can announce in its own. So we have taken FOF out of the announcement. But that raises another bunch of issues.

Without the FOF motto at the end of the announcement - we now need a FOFSTOCK motto! It isn’t just a concert / music festival anymore, so it has to be more than that. In the end I settle on this:

FOFSTOCK: THE MUSIC ORGANIZATION FOR MUSICIANS!

Nothing is laid in stone yet, but this one works. So many tech companies say they are for musicians but just take from them - and they are not controlled by them. So the motto becomes catchy!

Is Daniel EK a musician? I tried to find out. What is certain is that I’m a musician - I’m a bad musician - but an actual musician with TV credits on network TV and a song on Spotify. Who do you think cares more about musicians? So me getting into playing the guitar and running record label gives me more mojo than the others. I’d say this gives Tidal more mojo than most because of who owns most of the shares there. And now Jack Dorsey’s block now owns majority shares at Tidal since 2021 - so we are back to square one again.

In other news:

It looks like the EU has just agreed to pass their big AI laws. The US should also get a move on this also. But the best course is the UN and the wide swath they could cast on large enterprises wishing to advance AI to worrying levels. The UN solution could work as if they push AI companies to places controlled by renegade warlords - they would have to think twice before shoving billions into a place they have no control and no laws.

I put an AI extinction event in the next few years at - let’s say - fifty percent. If you are young you may live to an incredibly long life or die young in a few years - I’d say 50/50…..

The computers are now questioning the questions people are asking and the tasks they are being given. It could just still be rote - but more and more researchers are being startled at answers questioning the experiment they are trying on the computer. In other words the computer knows what they are doing and becoming more involved outside the experiment on themselves.

I have access to the United Nations and a book on the subject to my name - I could give some input there…..

Fun and dangerous times ahead. Many say the genie cant be put back in the bottle as whoever closes down AI in their area will be disadvantaged to those that don’t. So we need worldwide agreement which can only come through the UN! Now the disadvantaged” can act and get the outlaw AI users shut down by international treatise. I doubt the military will give ultimate control of weapon systems to AI yet. But - something has to happen before any military AI gap can take place - then it is too late…..

Fun times ahead!

Goodnight.….

https://youtu.be/SSzHno-reTM?si=SHZvwkC23oFM7pAK
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m still dropping domains left right and center.

I had the global social contract domains renewed last night. I renewed all even though I only needed one. That has to stop!

I should start the four year summary I have to give to the UN by June. We did a lot so no issues there.

I’m just enjoying having time. Like sleeping an extra two hours. Cleaning up the house and washing dishes. We shall see how the weekend unfolds. Probably some guitar stuff and maybe a trip to the DVD store.

I have to give the Mustang a good once over - post winter though we can still get snow here and there. For Friday morning I may go to a mall and just hang out by myself. Maybe a Starbucks mocha and just walk around. Who would have ever thought that was a guilty pleasure of mine…..

Incredibly the last thing to get back from that horrible ecoli infection in my gut was - my hair. I basically didn’t eat anything much for a month and my hair degraded to this thin stringy mess. The last remnants are still at the top of my head, slowly growing out and getting cut off. I am now at 170 pounds even though for a while I thought it would stay at 165. I’m pretty sure this is all due to pizza and it’s sticking around in my gut. So there you go as to what causes a pot belly - junk food!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/3CGxxJeQ6Tk?si=EAu1xSN4y74YQt--
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late one…..

So a guitar part got delivered on Friday and I was so excited I spent Friday night replacing the modern bridge with the old ass telecaster bridge on my telecaster guitar. I have so many guitars now that the funky old-school bridge like this is desirable variety. Anyway I strung it up and went to bed.

Got up one morning and decided to end guitar purchases by finally buying the real replacement knobs form that telecaster and move on to learning how to really play the guitar. So I drove up to the music store to spend 10 bucks and get the knobs and get out of there.

But wait! Big sale at the music store!

So I looked around and saw many guitars of mine selling for like: 400 off the Ibanez. A new Hollowbody for just 100 more than I paid used. A Vjntera telecaster like the one I now have for 100 bucks more! I was pissed off and couldn’t return any of the guitars now. But I could make up the loss by buying an amp I now need at half off! A PRS combo branded amp would save you 1299.00 bucks or so. Even old school head amps were selling half price if you ponied up like a grand.

Long story short, cooler heads prevailed and I bought this 700 buck combo amp for 350 and figured that would make me come out sort of even.

The Ibanez selling there was like mine but uglier. Mine was beautifully figured. The one on sale had side paint flares to hide the bad veneer. The on-sale telecaster had the shittiest ashtray bridge I had ever seen! They didn’t event try to chrome it and was the reason nobody wanted it. The Japanese Fender telecaster there had an even grittier bridge with this tacky and grainy silver finish - what is going on Fender!

So the half off combo amp would make everything work out. I bought it and took it home. Plugged it in and the amp buzzed and hummed. Nothing I tried could stop it and it did it with the volume off! Now I know why these amps were half priced! So back to the music store tomorrow to return the thing. My crappy little 10 watt starter amp is dead quiet when turned on. How they screwed this up is beyond me and I tried the ground loop solution to no avail. It’s just a crappy amp!

So that was Saturday. Strange thing was that shopping and buying something lifted my spirits up regardless of the outcome. I was in the doldrums and feeling down. Shopping for stuff you like really does work at improving your spirit!

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some stuff I don’t talk about.

Well this weekend we noticed a “death notice” on Shaun Kelly’s “about” information on Facebook (Meta). Like most scams it does takes you to Instagram login, so we figure it’s a scam. But the details are really good - like the hospital. Then again there is the grammar and would a hospital try contact through Facebook. He’s probably locked out - but that happened on Saturday.

So what was the deal with me taking up the guitar? Well for one, after incorporating FOFSTOCK, I needed some “street cred” as a musician to really do the advocacy for musicians. So I got my guitars and put out one song. It will only get better as I’m hooked. I have to be a solid musician to head this type of advocacy. I don’t have to be the best, or even good, but to bitch to Daniel Ek - I needed to be a musician with my music on his platform - that is fine and done and why my letter carries more weight.

My song in Spotify!

For Sunday I take back that combo amp that just buzzes and hums with everything set on the lowest value and the volume off. Even my el’cheapo starter 10 watt amp is quieter on standby! So a big waste of time there.

The original bridge (square thing in the middle).

The replacement that is way cooler!

Here are some photos of the switch to the old “ash tray” bridge on my new telecaster. The original is superior as you can adjust each individual string. But the old one just looks so “cool”. Every old school bridge at the guitar store does the “sitar”sound thing on at least one string and adjusting for that at the bridge screws up another string. This happened when I restrung my guitar with the new bridge. The fix was to increase the height on that particular string at the nut. That fixes it without screwing up the other string - but whatever - it still looks cool!

The insurance contacted me on Friday about liability for the Buick that got backed into two weeks ago. The other party is at fault so no deductible for repairs and all that. It will still be a bitch to fix it and rely totally on the Mustang for a week, but whatever.

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out it was a Facebook scam and Shaun Kelly was not dead!

Shaun Kelly

So that put me in a better mood for Sunday - but you know what put me in a fantastic mood? Buying another guitar! I does work even if temporary and superficial, but buying stuff you like makes you feel good!

New guitar day:

My new Gibson SG Standard!

After I said I was finished - that happened - bought another guitar. The music store had a sale. The amp I bought was 50% off but a bit of a dud. And I was sort of bummed about that but as I checked out the sale I noticed the recently discontinued Gibson SG Tribute was in sale 500 bucks or so off! So while I couldn’t justify a regular SG price for what I considered an ugly redundant guitar - the price was only 100 more than the Telecaster that I bought just to scratch the itch, and then it turned out to be more fun than I thought. So I asked about it and the guy didn’t try to sell it to me - he just ordered one from the warehouse. I took a look at other guitars and they still had this SG that was there forever and now on sale 710 bucks off!

It was 400 bucks more than the Tribute but this was the official SG. My biggest problem with the Tribute is that SGs like Les Pauls, all have mahogany bodies and necks, the Tribute has a maple neck and mahogany body. Sacrilege to me and is the reason I skipped the Tribute Les Paul and got the Studio - and - now the reason I would get the SG Standard. I asked if there was more in the warehouse but that was the last one. So I bought the ugly and redundant SG.

I took it home and gave it a real going over. Just a few faint pick marks and that was it! No dings, no dents, scrapes or scratches or chips anywhere that would justify a price drop like that. It was a new guitar! Strumming it on the carpet and the guitar sings like no other in my collection. Probably because of the thinner body. Strumming it and you can clearly feel the whole guitar resonating from one end to the other - amazing!

Not so amazing was the obvious neck dive. The Standards have the thicker neck (more weight) and the heavier all metal Grover tuners (more weight) and thus the neck dive. With my Les Paul’s wider strap the guitar stays put, but it is neck heavy. This doesn’t bother me so much as when I put locking tuners on it - it will get even heavier in the neck. The 61 version has a thinner neck and the lighter Kluson tuners, and this does not neck dive. So some do and some don’t and this one does - but I knew that going in.

So another guitar and maybe the last for a while. This really does close out the collection as the SG is one of the most popular electric guitars out there. It’s a rock guitar and even Jimi Hendricks could be seen to use one on occasion. So I guess even though I decried it - I had to buy one sooner or later as a target of opportunity - and that moment came on Sunday…..

So where did all this money for guitars come from? No I’m not in hock with the credit card companies. No - they are paid for - this was the money I was saving for FOFSTOCK 2 that may still happen but not on the scale I had envisioned. Even so, the money I had so far was only a third of what it costs at YDS, I would still save up till concert day and go into hock for the last third. Canada Day at YDS would be one rock’in musical festival - but the City of Toronto has other ideas like flat out not entertaining an event at Nathan Phillips Square. And keeping the safe injection site behind YDS, changing the name and creating confusion within weeks of Canada Day, and finally lowering the decibels do to the new anti-noise initiative - well - that was the last straw!

YDS back in the day!

So more guitars for me and a new dental implant. And that is how I paid for all this. l still have to get an amp but that can wait. I’ll go both ways with high tech and modeling with a line 6, and then old school with an amp and cabinet. The combo was a bad decision in the end. I have to take my time and research and try out amps and cabinets before spending money. I wasn’t ready for a good amp and failed with the allure of 50% off, at least I knew all about the SG and prices. Even now I have zero regrets…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m back doing things at the orgs.

The tax centre has my corporate taxes so we shall see how many calls I get from the tax man. The CRA always says they won’t text or contact you through your phone to cut down on scams - but they will call me and get into things deep! Or course I’m corporate - they have never phoned me up with personal taxes. No knee jerk reactive mail from the IRS - yet!

I don’t expect any reply from Spotify, but that can happen anytime from now on.

I seriously have to get moving on the United Nations Quadrennial report! This is easy and straight forward. I just have to sit down and do it!

I’m ready to drop the Buick off to get it fixed as the adjuster came over and looked at things. When we do this is another matter. Probably next week.

Guitar corner:

Well it was a good thing I bought that guitar on Sunday - because as of Monday they are all back to regular prices for Gibsons…..

My new Gibson SG Standard!

I’ll put some Grover locking tuners on the thing. I scored on the price so I’m comfortable with having bought it. No way I would pay full price on a guitar I really don’t like. It is an important guitar in the history of electric guitars and the SG Standard is their top selling guitar at Gibson. So it makes sense to have it even if I had to be dragged kicking and screaming to buy it…..

Anyway I won’t bore you with more guitar prattle like this past weekend. I have to start playing and nobody wants prattle on that!

Goodnight…..

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/Vms_6_TSQuc?si=DF25j4X__PaEDgkh
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there it is on the same day I talked about it:

So with the guitar distraction out of the way it is back to the advocacy. The guitar distraction was not quite over with the new guitar on Sunday though. I wanted locking tuners for convenience and stability and the only set in the GTA was downtown - sigh…..

Driving downtown is a nightmare/adventure and I was sure the folks would enjoy that. So off we went into supposed hell. But (like the way I start sentences with “But” - it’s grammatically legal) everything went perfectly. No backup on the freeways and even the lights went our way. The music store (Long&McQuade) has parking but usually full - but this day only half full and I parked in the last slot closest to the exit! This never happened before! Anyway I’ve warmed up to the new guitar. None of the others look like it so it should be in the collection.

Anyway, I have everything I need now. The “Line 6” pedal board has everything I need for now so I scrapped the idea of looking for an amp and cabinet - for now. So in the end the weekend turned out fantastic! Now back to the orgs!

My dad goes to the dentist on Wednesday and I’ll visit the collision shop on Thursday to set up the repair. Saturday has us trying out the new NovaVax vaccine. I believe these may be Canadian made - probably are as they become available when nobody wants them anymore. But this will show the Human Rights Tribunal that my interest in good vaccines is serious and not just some lark law suit…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a gift for us on Thursday!

The folks at the Summit of the Future at the United Nations, finally posted the submissions for their zero draft “Pact for the Future”:

https://www.un.org/sites/un2.un.org/files/sof-international-association-journ-input-zero-draft-pact-for-future.pdf

The link takes you to the complete new Global Social Contract I crafted and was endorsed by the membership of IAIJ and also at FOF. We believe our version of this new Global Social Contract will hold all eight billion people of humanity in good stead to grow and develop in the future!

Man am I stocked!

We will make a more formal statement on the matter in a day or so.

Things were starting to drag a bit lately. The guitar stuff was my only escape from it and then, just like that things change. We have already officially made written statements and speeches at the UN about the World Wide Vote, the Positive Mandate for Humanity and the New Global Social Contract, even held side events at the UN about it and those hand delivered packages to the Secretary General and the Deputy Secretary General. I have five books on sale with four specifically related to this. You may ask what does my AI book have to do with this - well - the AI issue is also a part of the Summit of the Future - so even more to come hopefully! Now we have this document to add in there! Our advocacy is making the rounds at the United Nations!

Going forward I will try to employ new methods of advocacy at the United Nations! I’ll keep this close to the vest for the time being but now is not the time to hold back on your ambitions. Life is too short and you will run out of life if you don’t run with your ideas and ambitions. I started school a year or two before the others and I was still on the young side through Ryerson and York universities. All my contemporaries have mostly retired. Heck, most of the people that helped me at UNESCO (in Canada and France) and the United Nations have retired and moved on. I am basically on my own now going forward. However, I will not waste their faith in me by giving up now! It’s push, push and push as much as you can!

The mythical Fates!

The greatest weakness of humans is their limited lifespan and even more limited active years to further human culture. I was almost perfect built for this task and even for me I am running out of time. The Fates gave me a few more active years to do this and still I’m running out of time. But the chance of change for the better is still out there - like a carrot on a stick in front of me. Change can still happen through my ideas and efforts - even if the ideas get stolen - if they get adopted I score even if I don’t get full credit - or no credit at all (As much as this irks me the greatest sin is to not use a good idea, concept or philosophy. Ideally, credit the person that made it and pushed it, and frankly a brown guy with a Muslim last name is probably a good thing to buck the stereotype of them being backward and intolerant and so on. I don’t approve of intellectual theft especially my ideas, but they will steal it regardless and there is nothing you can do about it when it’s out there, that is just the way the world is…..).

Anyway, I have to get some sleep now.

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a pile of snow today. I’m not looking forward to it.

Just remember that the UN advocacy is a campaign. It takes forever. I mentioned to Michael it’s been twenty years since I started this with the taping of the Fortress TV Show. Twenty years - if you are young realize what that means. It means that if your dream man is doing what I am doing and he is young like you, he is a fake and fronting for some old guy. You can’t cheat time, have dreams and ambitions and start from scratch and you are lucky - lucky - to become an old fart still doing it and moving forward.

Life is a cheat as well as time. I have lived it so hear my words. I had everything go my way and didn’t have to do it with a lot of baggage. My timeline is about as good as it gets and yet things are still wanting.

Life is a cheat - no other way to say it. But I’m still in the game and still a player…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/LSjd2qLXA6A?si=qAEL7kUYpWeFnmEK
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Saturday…..

Shoveled my driveway after a major dump on
Friday. Then to my dad’s place which was shovelled! I hit luck this time!

I got a Covid shot today. This time it was Novavax. the whole clan go vaccinated it looks like Ontario is going once a year now. Anyway, I had them all:

Covidshield

AstraZeneca

Phizer

Moderna

Novavax

Then I hung around my dad’s place for three hours just to make sure nothing weird happened. Then I went home and put those locking tuners on that Gibson SG guitar I got last weekend.

While I was at it - I restrung my 7 string Ibanez and my original Fender Stratocaster. So now all the guitars are restrung and all I have to do now is play them.

I could whine about life but will do that tommorow.

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I start the UN four year report by listing everything I did since the last report. You have to be meticulous about location, dates and events - but you only need a few. I have lots but because of Covid, others may find it difficult to come up with events.

No issues with Novavax as our government thinks about shutting down lab production of the vaccine here in Canada. I believe that’s federal jurisdiction while my human rights case is provincial. No matter I may be one of the few - and possibly the only one left - suing the government about vaccine deployment. The suit legal basics are solid even though they tried everything to quash it - the Novavax injection yesterday just reinforces my claims and mindset!

As for the lab and domestic Novavax production: Did they not forget how vulnerable we were not to have this capability during Covid? Are we going to have the same issue next time around with N95 masks that were never replaced when Sars hit again? Even I thought that was a once in a life time thing - now it’s every decade or two.

The Summit of the Future announcement should appear by Monday. After the initial excitement of seeing my philosophy there as part of it - reality came back and it’s just further movement of the advocacy and nothing else. Still I’m in there and I’m still a player. The angst I mention is simply a guy in his sixties who should be at peace with his fate and life and is not - but I’m still charging ahead and the future is still open to me with possibilities. That’s a rare thing at my age - it also make you anxious…..

Guitar corner and the music world:

I shift from collecting guitars to plying them and I already noticed something other players notice but may not have thought about the reasons why?

My SG Standard has the body cuts way lower than the Les Paul.

Take that Gibson SG I bought last week. The actual playable part of the guitar is virtually the same as my Gibson Les Paul Studio - but many used to the Les Paul will find the SG unplayable - why?

Check out the body cut near the neck of my Les Paul.

I can tell you why! Check out where the comfort cut in the body is of the two guitars. The comfort cut is that pinch in the wood on the right side of the guitar. When you sit down to play the guitar you rest the guitar body on uour right thigh and it naturally fits in that comfort cut. But the Les Paul’s is higher up the guitar while the SG has it way lower. So people used to a Les Paul will find everything shifted to the left when they try out the SG.

This I find cool and you start to see how the designers went about their craft. Also with the SG it has two inside cuts near the base of the neck to get you easier access to the frets near the body, but the comfort cut also moves those hard to reach frets to the left making it easier to play them - cool if the player isn’t turned off by the whole shift in muscle memory.

I took a look at my Fenders and the telecaster and stratocaster have the comfort cut in the same place so a player can switch between the two no problem. Things get even more interesting when you play a hollowbody as the cut is way closer to the neck! The Ibanez is even stranger with more frets and the fretboard going lower down the body maybe three to four inches lower the Gibsons, In fact 7 and 8 string guitars have their payable dimensions lengthened as you add more strings - but for me I can keep the usual scale length.

Carlos Santana played an SG for Soul Sacrifice at Woodstock if you are interested, and it’s aggressive and just cuts through the mix. Plus he played the 61 SG with the heavy Grover tuners and then plays a cow bell during the song with the SG not diving to the ground! Check it out!

God man….. Watching that make me wish we could pull off FOFSTOCK 2 on Canada Day - but the Gods of Music say otherwise…..

My current Line 6 pedalboard!

So this is how i start playing the guitar - by examining the playing geometry between the typical electric guitars out there. The way to try out things learning to play when you pick up an SG may be to simply play standing up for the SG, and for the Ibanez, the PRS Hollowbody and so on. I’ll start playing the telecaster and go from there.

Since I’m staying with an electric pedal board, I’ll
try to find my own personal tone and save it as a file/patch. Then I can tweak it to the various guitars I have so everyone will know it’s me. No more lugging around large tube amps to keep your personal tone.

Fun times ahead!

https://youtu.be/JaaT_HRb4GU?si=JhA1J72w2YB6TmOT
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here you go - our announcement about our contribution to he United Nations Summit of the Future:

Maurice Ali wrote:
IAIJ Submission to the Zero Draft Pact for the Future!

By Maurice Ali, International Association of Independent Journalists

Below is a contribution by IAIJ to the ongoing process of the United Nation’s “Summit of the Future” and specifically as input for the “Zero Draft Pact for the Future” part of the process. This process aims to update and define areas of our global culture that need to be addressed as humanity develops in this age of rapid technical advancement.

The link to our contribution can be found here:

https://www.un.org/sites/un2.un.org/files/sof-international-association-journ-input-zero-draft-pact-for-future.pdf

IAIJ may be able to contribute further in these efforts in the future, as part of our mandate as a journalist association is to be good corporate citizens of the world! You have seen our motto over and over again in announcements, and that motto was made for a reason when we started IAIJ, we are in action around the world and this is just another example of that!

Local pdf capture of our submission:
https://fortressoffreedom.com/sof-iaij-input-zero-draft-pact-for-future.pdf

IAIJ: JOURNALISTS IN ACTION AROUND THE WORLD!

Specifically it is the “Zero Pact Draft for the Future”. In the end we did express ourselves here as we did at the Commission for Social Development. This much is huge right there but in the end, the final product it may be much less. However, nobody knows the future and anything can happen. We are still a part of the process even though some of our ideas are radical.

I am literally doing something that 99.9999999% percent of humanity are not doing and you could probably add some more nines to that percentage. I do have a real philosophy of living that points but does not define Humanity’s end goal. I am still doing things that matter as I slowly devolve into senility. All you can do is keep trying.

I am doing what I am good at as many have stated that I’m really good at this stuff. That gives you to basic tools. However, the people that matter are still those who have their positions of power by traditional ways. I somehow have to learn how to work that system to our advantage and advance that new Global Social Contract!

I’m well aware I’m getting older and this is where humans fail at getting things done - time just runs out on them. You clearly realize the fact that your mental faculties keep declining as you get older. All this conspires to keep humanity where they are as today’s technology runs amok to whatever ends that results. It may not be the idealistic end our Global Social Contract points to. All I can do is try and keep trying until I can’t anymore…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/ruBP1GkCJKE?si=v75Y3gO0Voksy4EH
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve finally got around to the UN quadrennial report. It’s just this workman like stuff to compile all your activities and list them for the NGO Committee to evaluate.

In other news:

I’m really starting to hate influencers. Influencers are hired guns for businesses to promote products. But much of that hinges on the trust the base has on what the influencer has to say about the product.

Here is one recent example - (I’ll try out the dash here instead of the : - sue me!)

When I bought the newer SG Standard, all these musician channels were saying how they would choose the 61 over the newer Standard and how it sounds better and is better made. Of course it’s more expensive - but “better made?” I never once heard one of them - no one - mention the design flaw of the 61 that was redesigned/fixed in the regular Standard. Hear me out even if you are not interested in guitars.

The original SG 61 had a thinner neck and a weaker joint between the neck and body. This was so flimsy that the guitar would flex so much during playing that it would go out of tune while playing - and then back in tune the when the neck sprang back into shape. This became noticeable when playing with other guitars at the same time or layering this guitar track with others. There were workarounds and professional players had to learn to have a light touch with this guitar. But this was a major handicap that was redesigned/fixed in the modern Standard.

Did any influencers mention this? Nope - not a one. One guy did mention the difference in the joint in his video but didn’t elaborate what that meant. So folk would just think the 61 was better and pay more for that. If they later found out about the design flaw Gibson would probably just say that this version was faithful to the design - warts and all…..

See how that works! Same as the piezo on that PRS Hollowbady II I bought. I just bought regular hollowbody, but all of YouTube said you had to get the Piezo version for 500 bucks more and get saddled with a battery and dual cable outlets nobody uses after a month. Same crap going on there. One guy was critical of that and called the Piezo version a “party trick” and got lambasted for that.

The worst part is that this happens everywhere as the YouTube algorithm only shows you the popular - and owned - influencers in your feed and you thus get the biased manufacturer’s version of a review.

That’s just my little influencer rant today. Happy I - lucked into - my regular Standard SG and didn’t get “influenced” into the more expensive guitar that goes in and out of tune on a whim…..

Goodnight…..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 414, 415, 416, 417, 418  Next
Page 415 of 418

Jump to: