Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 373, 374, 375 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sort of caught up and ready to go! Back to the international sphere of influence…..

Yes, I’m ready and prepared to do this. Not everyone can do this. First you have to be outside of society - Check! Then, to make new laws you have to be able to break laws - No I never break any laws - not one - Check! Also you have to participate in subterfuge and that usually means a lot of lying and of course I never lie - Check! You have to be resourceful to pull it off or it goes nowhere - Check! Finally you have to be smarter than the others, except the ones you need to help you and after they help you you go back to being smarter than them - Check!

In reality, to do stuff like what I’m trying to do you have to realize that there aren’t any rules. You do as you please. There is no book or roadmap on changing the world. There is no “working your way up the ladder” and really no time to do it like that - just pushing an idea from the get go at the highest places takes your whole life!

And worst of all - you go it alone. Even for a guy like me made to take it by being raised as isolated - it still bugs you. Mostly there is nobody to talk about strategy. Nobody to test your ideas to your face. I thought I would find them at the UN, but instead it’s just more of the same. So you go it alone.

Some people will come up and want to join the cause, and some did when I was getting the word out about the Positive Mandate. However, the Positive Mandate was not the end, but rather another stepping stone to the Global Social Contract which I had not disseminated yet - so I didn’t want someone to join up on the Positive Mandate only to see we are really pushing the Global Social Contract. And if you who read this was one of the few I rebuffed, then this is the reason why and when we really get into pushing the Global Social Contract your help there will be much welcome!

I need to get back in there, and I’m truly salty to do that. You are nervous with anticipation and nobody to share it with. You are such an odd-ball or such a misfit! But look at where you are and where you came from, and you have something to offer humanity. So many of my staff in the early days were homeless kids living - literally - on the street. One would normally be embarrassed about that but I loved it! So from there to here and what a trip…..

Like I have said many times, for a world with eight billion people - where are those ideas for a new deal for humanity? Where is the necessary development of humanity to match its technology. And look at the timeline, and ask yourself how I at the lowest rungs of society made it that far and that fast to make these plays I’m about to make. Forget the probabilities of success, but just concentrate on how fast this has all happened! It only happened this way because the world needs new ideas and there is a mechanism to accommodate it - my little story here on this website proves it; but where are the others…..

What if there are no others and what if I’m totally on my own? I will still make the play - but man, I thought the human race had more going for it. Anyway, it is what it is and I have to do this. There is no rule book, no course to take, and if you want to change the world you have the freedom to do it anyway you want - but the world has the ability to do anything to you back - there is always that…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/INi3qP1oWlY
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slept in on Saturday…..

I got groceries for the folks early in the morning and then we all went out to a park and back home I fell asleep and slept the afternoon away. I hate that as it is like giving away half of the weekend. I’l zip by the mall and check out some DVDs and stuff just for the hell of it - but it may be too late as they now close at 7:00pm these days. Too late for yard work so I’ll do that on Sunday.

The positive mandate book needs a quickie update, so that is the big deal for the weekend. Also I got the IRS letter at the end of the week and here it is:

The core things we do are happening but it’s still not like before Covid. It’s amazing how one tiny organism can screwup every single person and have their lives totally messed up by this.

In the music I see that some videos are being shot in the old 4/3 framing format but in 4K as something new. Unfortunately, not everyone streams in 4K or even HD so all you get is an idea that looks made in the year 2004 or something like that. I get it, the square crop makes intense love story videos better by cropping out those extraneous outside fields from the picture and brings the viewer into the moment with tight shots of the couple instead of long shots that draw the eye to the background.

You can add a marker in the video to show it’s current like a year in the lyrics if it’s there or some other obvious marker. However me thinks more videos have to come out with the square aspect ratio for the kids to clue in that it’s current and intentional without a marker. Warner Bros. are doing this in their music videos now so I guess it’s a thing officially.

That’s the update for tonight - Goodnight…..

And here again I can’t link a music video from Japan because of region restrictions so you get this instead:

https://youtu.be/H5v3kku4y6Q
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I am getting into the advocacy for a third house at the UN…..

This has been tried - what - since the 1920s as part of the original League of Nations idea? Then around 1990 Jeffrey J. Segall and Jeffery H Learner tried to form a “People’s Assembly” at the United Nations. Even as late as 2017 there is a move afoot to push for the UNPA with people like Madeline Albright and Nigerian Foreign Minister Ibrahim Gambari, to set out this new parliamentary assembly. My guess is that the main holdback to all this is that it is infixed in the UN system and thus totally under the control of UN nations. It would be like the World Bank in construction.

Given this history, is it any surprise the cool reception I was given introducing the Worldwide Vote (2017) and my inability to get a speaking position in 2020?

Our worldwide voting demonstration table at the event!

My Global Social Contract is probably far more radical in nature and can be set up and run outside the UN system. Actually it is far easier to set it up at a place like Facebook than at the UN. In terms of strategy this works as the very real and legitimate threat of it happening outside member nation controls may be enough to move those hold-outs into approving the system. More than anything, we need to get rid of proxies and have votes by individual people of humanity - otherwise you just have a different version of the UN and member states representing people.

I really kept myself away from all this as it has an influencing force behind it that corrupts the idealistic discovery process for a vision of a future humanity that works. Having said all that, I certainly do not want to derail these other attempts at a third house at the United Nations. It is what it is and my foremost function is dissemination and we need to disseminate the new Global Social Contract first. Then we can try this newer formula and threaten to take it independent if the UN does not at least allow some testing of the concept. My guess is that the UN and even NGOs will mostly hate it but this idea is well thought out. The people’s assembly is for the people and that means everyone has a vote wherever that leads to. No bait and switch, no politicians which I believe was a problem all along. This is real social development!

I hope you see how muddy this is already getting. I hope you trust why I stayed away from it all - until now. Things are going to get ugly with more players and options. My ace in the hole is that I don’t need the UN - the UN is best, but I have the most options and thus a better strategic position than the others. The pervasive global nihilism is growing as people have nothing to believe in and nothing to live for anymore can be changed with a new idea/concept and philosophy. The Positive Mandate and this new Global Social Contract give them a reason to exist apart from procreation and religion. Its time has come and this isn’t the 1920s anymore.

Actually, this reminds me of how I dealt with things in Canada, the only thing that worked was swinging the baseball bat - metaphorically thinking! They have to know that I represent humanity - that I am the tool of humanity - and that things have to change. So maybe the Canadian experience was not all
a bad thing after all…..

It is what it is…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mixed bag of good news and bad luck for Sunday.

Instead of updating the positive mandate book, I decided to do a quick overview of what they called second house or third house (as I call it) changes to the United Nations.

The UN parliamentary system pushed by the likes of Madeline Albright is for parliamentarians of governments to participate at the UN and really has nothing to do with what I am doing. So all that recent action in the past few years means nothing here.

A well known figure at the UN critiques our side event and tells us about the previous attempt!

What comes closest is Segall and Lerner and their changes to democratize the United Nations. I am looking here for what they wanted and what happened and learn from it. These guys held big conferences and came up with recommendations like these at the end of it all:

Proposals that appear feasible under the UN Charter as it exists
1.1 Establishing a standing committee of the General Assembly of 15 rotating, geographically representative members, not at the same time members of the Security Council, to report to the Assembly on the adequacy of efforts made by the Council to resolve disputes and armed conflicts by peaceful means (Chapter VI), and if necessary by non-military measures of enforcement (Article 41) and non-offensive military measures (e.g. blockade under Article 42) (5).
1.2 Relinquishing by enlightened governments to their legislatures the selection of one or more of the five General Assembly representatives allowed to each member state(4).
1.3 Instituting a UN Second (peoples') Assembly as a subsidiary organ of the General Assembly under Article 22, representative of the peoples of the United Nations as global inhabitants (4).
1.4 Convening a regular assembly of public organizations under the auspices of the United Nations (6).
1.5 Drafting of an international convention on the Right of Peoples to Peace, elaborated from the UN's Declaration of 1984 on the Right of Peoples to Peace, to include provisions on collective equal rights of peoples and on the right to self-determination by legal and nonviolent means (7).
1.6 Making the appointment of the UN Secretary-General and other UN executive leaders from professional search procedures instead of dominantly by parochial, national, geographical and political considerations (3).

1.7 Strengthening the roles of the UN's Administrative Committee on Coordination and of its Chair (the Secretary-General) towards the development of an international cabinet for a coordinated approach to global problems (3).
1.8 Adhering to Article 27(3) so that an abstention by a permanent member of the Security Council is not regarded as an affirmative vote (5).
1.9 Depriving member states which do not adhere to the financial rules of their right to vote in the General Assembly, strictly in accordance with the Charter (1), as provided by Article 19.
LIST 2
Proposals that may require Charter amendment
2.1 Instituting a UN duty on international trade, including financial movements (5), between member states, to provide the core funding of the Organization.
2.2 Enlarging the Security Council to 18 members (2).
2.3 Abolishing the Security Council "veto" (4) (8 ), by instituting non-discriminatory voting powers or failing this by providing for a non-concurring vote of permanent members to be overridden by a concurring vote of the non-permanent members (5).
2.4 Dividing the existing Chapter VII of the Charter into two distinct chapters to separate clearly non-military and non-offensive military enforcement measures from other "such action by air, sea, or land forces as may be necessary" (5).
2.5 Renaming the Security Council as "The Peace and Security Council" if under a revised Charter it continues to have "primary responsibility for the maintenance of international peace and security.

The most interesting one for me was:

1.3 Instituting a UN Second (peoples') Assembly as a subsidiary organ of the General Assembly under Article 22, representative of the peoples of the United Nations as global inhabitants (4).

Strangely there does not seem to be much in the way of how this would work. It would still be a proxy vote and membership from the language used (i.e. “representative”) - unlike my radical idea. One contributor wanted NGOs to be the backbone with occasional referendums but did they intend this with an actual global vote? Given this was 1990 I don’t think so. It seems they believed that NGOs most closely resembled the “Peoples” so for the most part it would be NGOs. This is how it was then, so I don’t criticize them because the tech was not there for a worldwide vote, but I will criticize them for being too ambitious in the number of recommendations.

This was the good news for me as it seems my ideas are pretty much fresh and far more pragmatic as I have the actual machinations of how to do all this now, and not with NGOs but actual individual humans as the UN constitutions state! There is a reason I included the coding for the Worldwide Vote app in the books as it is not enough to say it - but for the Worldwide Vote - I did it! It is not enough to say the Positive Mandate will work by just hypothesizing - no, we did an actual 13 year experiment to prove it!

So why did this fail back in the 1990s? Why hardly anything on the net? CAMDUN is all about blue jeans these days. I fear it failed because they were too ambitious with reforms and had not full fleshed out proposals for a couple and tried those. Lots of reforms and not enough work on how it could be done for like this people’s assembly that I’m interested in.

I have crafted a reason why the peoples of the world would buy into this new social contract (to be happy via the Positive Mandate) and the ability of a true people’s governance through a worldwide vote on smartphones, and the scope (all of humanity) and domain of global interest that would affect all of humanity here on earth and into space as in a space station or other bodies like the Moon or Mars that currently have no real domain of control at the moment. It really is a Global Social Contract by the people and for the people in the most stark and elementary form given life by technology!

Anyway it is all “green for go” over here and that is what happened on Sunday. Anything good comes with something bad to balance it off and instead of an iMessage call to the UK - Rogers somehow cancelled that after three minutes and will charge me long distance rates for the rest - Crap! However, given the other stuff in advocacy, I will take it as I did well this weekend.

All our toil has made us closer to that third house than anyone before us! We are at the centre of this now and things are uncertain. I told Shane today I peg our odds at 20 percent now of getting some kind of third house in there even if it starts as a very small thing. At one point in time it was lottery odds. And I don’t have to go hat-in-hand begging (as those before) as we can take that third house to a social platform with billions of users already signed up with accounts and the global vote truly easier to happen than at the UN - but there it would be completely out of their control…..

And it need not be one social media platform. No, It could be a bunch of them if need be. I have options which just strengthen our strategic position to enable that third house at the UN for a true people’s assembly.

I just find it so bizarre that I had the audacity to even try this back in the day and from the humblest position in society and to have come this far - even if we fail - but now we have a reasonable chance at change…..

So the weekend turned out alright…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more stuff…..

An odd moment. Realize that those early tries at a people’s assembly started in 1983 when I was 23 years old by Jeffery Segall and Henry Lerner with a group called INFUSA and then to CAMDUN, However, all you really have to know is that they desired the representation of the peoples of the world, but had to try representatives from nations representing the diversities and such and it just got worse with funding by member nations and terms limits for representatives and so on. In a way it was sort of like the regular UN Assembly still with nationalities and so on. The NGOs didn’t appear as much in those early days. I get it - you have Member Nations and then NGOs but we needed the entirety of humanity that was never represented and technically impossible, until now of course. Now we could send the UN a realistic and practical form of participation and representation of each human to the UN thus fulfilling its true constitution.

I’ve been pocking around and there is very little on Segall or Lerner on the net. INFUSA was declared defunct first and then CAMDUN defunct by 2012. Given almost 40 years from inception my guess is that both these men are either too old or dead and probably all those from those times are as well so it is up to me and likeminded people and organizations to try again.

As rare as it may be - I have actually addressed member nations in the UN General Assembly!

I would say that having all those organizations listed on the request for this second assembly didn’t matter one bit in the end. This is good news as I was always a Lone Wolf kind of guy; and the only aggregate number that matters is the 2/3 of Member Nations signing off in the People’s Assembly. Did INFUSA and CAMDUN even have consultative status as I’m still trying to find out. It is just rather disquieting how the two people behind this seem erased from history, and I hope that is not my fate. Anyway, what we are trying to do now is more novel and more options on the table. INFUSA may have been not quite ready for the times they were in but whatever, we are fresh and ready to try our ideas now with whatever we could glean from past events. The funny thing is that if I get to address the General Assembly about this idea and concept - it will not be the first time I addressed them. It happened before at WSIS+10 and was one of my first speeches there! So I am not nervous or in awe or have to get acclimatized to make this play. It’s just another day at the United Nations for me - just make the play. The reason I was there is because I was there, a fact, I belong there to make this play! I’ve been there and done that and now just change the contents of my speech - I’m prepared as well as anyone for this…..

Our worldwide voting demonstration table at the event!

So this was the big deal this weekend – realizing we were “it” this time and to try again. I would say that having the fully fleshed out foundation for a true Global Social Contract puts us way ahead from the start. In fact the Global Social Contract idea may be more than is needed for the UN but is still best housed there. It’s just that a lot of decisions were made in my head this weekend that had to be made now as time is running short. I still have several different was to do this but the way is more direct now than it was just a few days ago.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/7aekxC_monc
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m back to work on the positive mandate update…..

This should not take too long and then it’s back to the UN play. I have to go over all the rules and procedures for NGOs in consultative status and see if there is anything useful for us in there.

Strange, there is no way out for me now. The decision has been made and all that remains is the specific plan and execution of that plan. I always thought it would be different. You fantasize about this constantly but the reality is so different. You’ve seen it all along and lately with the IAIJ business and the IRS. Doing things in advance of them being needed. The office we don’t need now but may in the future. I don’t do crises management so I plod along with things that are not exciting but need to be done.

I don’t need numbers to prop up the play. Numbers don’t mean squat like those that tried before me - only the new idea and the threat behind it - it’s the only way it worked for me. All those numbers of people and organizations and they were just ignored - learn from that! They submitted their request back in the day. Is that request anywhere at the UN? At least I got the Worldwide Vote and the Global Social Contact officially disseminated as written statements:

Worldwide Vote
https://undocs.org/Home/Mobile?FinalSymbol=E%2FCN.5%2F2021%2FNGO%2F27&Language=E&DeviceType=Mobile

Global Social Contract
https://undocs.org/Home/Mobile?FinalSymbol=E%2FCN.5%2F2022%2FNGO%2F37&Language=E&DeviceType=Mobile

And the Positive Mandate for Humanity disseminated as an oral statement:

http://iaij.com/Maurice_ALi_UN_Speech_Feb_19_2019.mov

Actually, I’ve gone further than my predecessors in many ways and it ain’t over yet! There are no rules of battle here, this play is for the future direction of humanity so why should the establishment give in to me? I have the idea, but only the threat of taking it elsewhere can make it flesh at the UN. They know who is behind this and that person is me. All alone now, but watch if this idea of a New Global Social Contract and a new house at the United Nations takes hold.

Maurice Ali speech at the 57th Commission for Social Development!

There is nothing more than to just complete the mission - make the play. For an individual I guess it’s all not a complete loss. 8 Billion people on earth this coming fall, but like I said before I am disappointed that I couldn’t find more…..

And why me?

The Fortress newspaper needs to be done - long over due!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/lk2-bgwA0Ro
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll talk about strategy today…..

Back when I was a younger man, if I got the primary I would then try to get the secondary target. The primary target is the actual goal you had going into that venture. The secondary target was “plan B” if “plan A“ was unattainable. When you are young when you get the primary you are elated and full of adrenaline and there is an urge to go for glory and get the secondary - don’t do it!

I was watching clips of a old war movie called “The Bridges at Toko-Ri” and in this Korean War version of TopGun you see exactly what I’m getting at. In the movie their objective is to bomb these important bridges used by the enemy. After they successfully bombed the bridges they had some bombs left and decided to also take out the secondary with disastrous consequences. That was the most important thing and here is where experience comes into play regarding primary and secondary targets.

Just going for the primary has several advantages. First is that they had the element of surprise when they attacked the primary, while everyone was on high alert for the secondary and probably the reason why it was easier to hit a jet at that time. Going for the primary first means you have full tanks of fuel and full racks and magazines of ammo. Going for the secondary meant everyone had less fuel and also, going for the secondary meant they used up almost all their ammo that could have been used to protect a downed pilot and provided more cover for the rescue helicopter to rescue the pilot and get back safely (if this all happened just concentrating on the primary). Furthermore, if they just went for the primary the pilot of the jet that was hit would probably have made it to sea for easy pickup because he had more fuel.

You see, once that adrenaline’s decision to go for the secondary was made - you end up with this shit-show of cascading errors riding on the back of the first flawed decision to attack the secondary after they got the primary. That is why older and more seasoned commanders are put in charge of things like aircraft carriers as you don’t want those flawed decisions on a multi-billion dollar ship.

So instead of a big celebration with all back at the carrier safe and sound after successfully blowing up the bridges - you end up with one jet pilot and two helicopter rescue personal dead along with a fighter jet and helicopter destroyed.

Then there is the probability factor entering the equation. The flack fire at the bridges was insane and you needed all the luck you could get just to get the primary. Lady luck is on your side here - so what do you do - get ballsy and go for the secondary. Sooner or later the luck has to change as it did in the movie. You can tell the commanding pilot felt guilt as soon as one of his gang got hit. Then he gets grilled by the admiral later asking if going for the secondary after getting the primary was good judgement.

Anyway I liked this movie and with all those hidden nuggets of information as they tried to make it as real as possible. No sequel here as they killed off most of the cast…..

The Fates

So if I get the primary, then we go home. I don’t tempt the good graces The Fates have given me. Real risk should only be played by those with cooler heads, usually older; and here is one of the few places where age and experience matter…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/lF-SC-9b7tc

https://youtu.be/6nPdVJQaci0
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one bites the dust…..

Actually he bite the dust last November but I just found out yesterday. This is a guy I knew for years and years but since it was on the internet he just stopped posting and never showed his face again.

This happened before with this woman who helped me sort out my porn collection decades ago in the early days of the net. Yes, I was having problems managing my porn collection way back in the day and it turned out to be a women who took an interest in my predicament and helped me out. Even when I fixed the rest myself she still sent me a message like: “Not to be too pesky, but did it work out?” Yes a women helping me out with my porn collection in the early days of the net. This was on a computer help forum and all of a sudden she stopped posting. People got concerned as female geeks were as rare as hen’s teeth. It was amazing how guys all over the world got concerned about this women and we pooled our resources and figured out where she might be and what her name was, etc and so on. We got one of the members who lived nearby to drive up to her place and check it out.

Yup, it turned out our man met her family and she died of cancer. Man did that hit some of the guys like a ton of bricks! I was young then and it bothered me but not like it does now.

Norman S. Peterson

So fast forward to this guy and his name was Norman S. Peterson (no this was not a handle from “Cheers” but his real name.). I didn’t know it at the time but actually I knew him for years and years and the two of us only realized we had some history when I was bitching about this guy who was always interested in cars and modified ones but when he found out it was an automatic he always said : “”I lost interest when I found out it was an automatic”. That was him - that was the same guy - small world! He was a track racer and raced a Mustang for many years when he retired, but he was also fond of the hot-hatch Subarus.

He made it to 74 and what got him in the end was cancer but he was racing until a few months before the end. He was a bit of a Mustang fan and raced those. A husband and father with many grandchildren. An engineer by profession and distinguished himself by engineering hardware for American nuclear submarines. Anyway, I always said I would drive nothing but American V8s with a solid rear axle - now I drive a V6 Mustang with independent rear suspension, but he made it to the Mustang finish line with a V8 and live rear axle! Anyway, this man was fair and actually would go against the current mass sentiment to support - for example - a guy like me. So he gets an obit from me on my website.

Rest in Peace Norm, you were an encyclopedia of automotive knowledge and you drove your cars better than anyone I knew…..

Each new death hits you differently when you are my age. When you are younger deaths are a rarity, and as you get older the grim reaper starts picking them off one by one on a regular basis. You take a truly morbid interest and wonder what the last few moments of life were like for them. Slowly your past starts to disappear as when those who lived it with you disappear. These days we have video in addition to pictures but nothing beats reliving old times with friends who were there with you. Like my best friend - those hurt the most, but even internet friends hurt especially when you knew them over the years - and you should make it a habit to meet them in person if you ever get the chance - yes they are real people!

And I have to say that funeral homes only seem to talk about the person and list the family as the “life story”. Sure Norm had a big family so it worked for him. For me it would be a pathetic one-liner. There is more to people than parents, siblings, kids and grandkids - but I have to admit the bloodlines are usually the only thing left that has any connection to anything. Their entire life existence didn’t mean anything in the end, all that worry and angst and it means nothing in the end - you dwell on this and about what your legacy will be if there is any legacy at all…..

In other news:

The AI conference came and went and I’ll prattle about what that was all about tomorrow.

I updated and uploaded the manuscript for the Positive Mandate for Humanity book. Pretty much the same book but I had to add a few things that were always bugging me - and that was it for Wednesday…..

As for music I’m listening to new Tai Folk Metal! Yes we had Indian Folk Metal last week - and now this…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/dOn7uCux0uc

https://youtu.be/gP2RgltX7gc
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the conference…..

As stated I submitted my reformatted paper and was accepted. Then to get it published they wanted like 450USD and an extra 50USD per page over 20 pages and so on. I didn’t go further, and they did email me about it. I asked about the physical location of the event in Toronto - no reply. Anyway I started to see other people’s papers populate the conference web page. Then they actually gave us a conference list of papers and times for the presentations.

Now, I have to say I really can’t call this a scam. What is a conference? if it just ended up as a zoom meeting with the contributors and any others interested, that actually is a conference. Why not in Toronto- Covid 19 and travel restriction and hassles. I’m sure that papers will get published - so….. The prices vary conference to conference and I have to admit some areas are free of charges.

I suppose this scrapes the lines but stayed inside of them, so for a few bucks you get your paper published and presented at a conference. If you are a computer science major and need something on your resume maybe this makes sense. For me it didn’t. However on a resume it does look impressive. So I will leave it alone and move on…..

Other stuff:

The new editor!

I spent a lot of money upgrading my editor and cameras and may still get a cinematic camera, but as Covid 19 dissipates I’m also getting salty for some music videos. With the new hardware and software I actually can create some totally computer generated videos which I find exciting. I just watched “Dance with the Dead” by Hex (an electronic band) which came out a few months ago and while some of the stuff looks taken right out of a video game, there are a few moments where I thought “Yes - they nailed it right there at that moment!” I liked it, especially with all the skeletons dancing with each other at a rave. In time this will look all so corny - as tech heavy videos always do, but it did get me excited as I now have the capability to do this while I couldn’t before. Yes I could actually have made that exact video on my setup!

Ordinary videos focusing on the performances last the best. I would also say videos capturing past moments of a culture are also timeless. I wonder what projects we could do. As the experiment is over I don’t have to stay within the lines of network TV safe zones. I stayed within them because my material actually did air on network TV - Global Television and CTV (the top two networks at the time). I can now have nudity and sexual content in the material instead of implying it and so on. I can expand my creativity.

Take one of the best directors ever like Stanly Kubrick. In an interview I have on DVD he talked about the restrictions on the contracts he had to sign with the distributors. They knew him and it had stipulations that the film had to be viewable in main-stream theaters, so no experimenting with anything too pornographic or too controversial. Sometimes they got even more descriptive about that like the film had to be legal and so on. Me thinks Kubrick would have tested the limits that were there - and he did especially with “A Clockwork Orange” that was banned all over the place. Unshackled - his films would go even further with his unique creativity. Some think he is the greatest ever but what if he was allowed to create without any restrictions? I guess we will never know and that is a sad/bad thing for free expression.

For me I can leave the general public as actors and get real actors that won’t mind being nude or in adult situations. When I see a director take his small independent film past PG and show some skin - I’m now hooked as you don’t know where the film will go from now on. It was Tarantino who said (reviewing a director friend’s film) showing boobies at the start of the movie hooks a viewer into staying interested because you never know when boobies may appear later in the film - but showing no limits early on elevates the film out of the family/community vanity project genre. So I wouldn’t mind a real graphic love scene that hooks the guys and gals all at the same time at the start. They are on the ride to the end now and I won’t disappoint.

It’s like seeing all those interracial advertisements at this point of time as I write this. They were shackled with only white on white or black on black ads for so many decades. They are really over-doing it now but understandable that they would finally relish breaking those old rules. You kids may not know this, but back in the seventies you could see flashing boobs with nipples on display on network TV ads for a soap commercial- for example. Nudity was no longer a taboo thing and all the stars were stripping for these new liberating times. The advertisers started to push the limits before being reined in. We even had a show called “Here Comes the Seventies” where the start of the show shows this naked woman’s ass walking into the ocean - every week - and nobody really complained.

So I have a free hand for creativity. The people I get will be creators with less personal limits than I had dealing with the general public. Now watch the film be as Victorian as possible when it comes out - hahahaha. All I’m saying is that I am no longer shackled by limiting rules - I now have free expression - and - it makes me happy…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/acITJV6VHBE

(NSFW)

https://youtu.be/37z6eAp3D4A
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The long weekend…..

Back on 2001 I didn’t give a fuck about the world. I didn’t give a fuck because they didn’t give a fuck about me. That is until I trolled the net.

Back in those days the largest number of people socializing on the net were teenagers and 20 somethings - in other words kids. I became a member of one message board and spent an entire vacation just living there and seeing people from around the world log on and off and as I interacted with them they actually treated me as one of their own. I let them know how old I was (42 at the time). Then I revealed my brown skin in pics. After 911 this didn’t go over so well with my contemporaries but for the kids it didn’t matter. This was something new to me - this international “color blind” group of people. So I hung around some more and became popular with dissemination of my ideas and such. The older folks hated me, but the kids loved me. One cute blond girl wanted to drive up from the States and visit me while living in her car! Anyway, I began to question my anger at the world at large. The kids messed with me and made fun of me but pocking around the net invisibly, I saw some actually mouthing those odd-ball ideas I gave them - be still my beating heart!!!!!

So what was I to do with these kids? I started Fortress and IAIJ. I even publicly mused that someone had to do something about this world we lived in. I didn’t start this to make the world better for my contemporaries that made my life miserable - no - I did it for these kids because they never did anything to me. That is how I tied myself to that moral imperative. The UN objective was a primary goal by 2004 when I taped my ambitions on the Fortress TV Show. And the rest is history.

In designing the philosophy that would eventually become the “ new deal” as in that new “Global Social Contract”, I first had to give humanity a reason to live and a directive to attain - and that came with the “Positive Mandate for Humanity”. It’s not enough to just live but you have to have a reason to live and with the decreasing belief in religion, I gave them a non-religious reason to live that upholds all our universal rights and points to a goal without spelling it out, a sign post on how to achieve what is best for us because it is based on a philosophy where happiness is at its core.

I ran my Fortress Experiment to be sure I had the empirical data to ensure the Positive Mandate was what humans wanted in life. I just kept going from there producing movies and TV shows all with my philosophy hidden in there to music and books - all forms of free expression.

I made it to the UN and started disseminating my ideas and so here we are! I’m surprised how far I went but also not surprised as there truly is a noticeable lack of ideas and vision for the future of humanity. As I said many times before, I can’t turn back and give up on this advocacy now. The Fates ensured I would have the health and vitality to make this play. This will play itself out.….

Given current events, I hope you see that globalization can work but when individual nation states decide to do their own thing, that globalization model falls apart. The current state of the United Nations is still based on the old geo-political model of counties and only countries. There needs to be a global solution but it can’t be the domain of countries. The only solution is a global community where every human has a vote and can vote on global matters that impact all. That is the Global Social Contract I am playing out at the United Nations.

Currently it only exists as a written statement during the annual meeting for the Commission for Social Development back in February. However, I intend to go much further than that.

The kids from back in 2001-2003 are now pushing 40 and I have a new group of kids in their 20s. Same deal as before except the global number of those who never did anything to me is now almost the majority. This gift I give to them is love. Love for a humanity that gave little back. Love because I seem to be in a position to actually have a chance of change in the world for the better!

Love…..

I never had any kids, but in this new reality those kids past and present are all mine - all of them! And this is why the play for that new deal for humanity is so important. And while I will be as tactful, cunning and ruthless in seeing this become reality, humans and the nations they live in are as small as a marble in my hand, and I am ashamed that we have so few visions for a future humanity. But my ideas/concepts and philosophy work, and that is what is happening at this time where I am…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/3aguZjkVLaE
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the balance of the long weekend it is just getting the latest issue of the Fortress out there.

I’ve been putting it off but now we have to do it. I also have to take care of some more office related things like renewing web domains and - surprise - our letter from the IRS about our first tax return. Yard work - remember that - that will also have to be done.

I still have a tune to put in the car but that can wait. The Ford tune of the Mustang is fine as it is but I want the speed governor removed and get my 157mph (260kph) top speed realized even if I never go there - I paid for it and I want it! With the current price of gas I’m quite happy with the car. The turbo 4 that replaced it needs 93 octane to get its 310 horsepower but nobody buys 93 anymore as it’s too expensive so on 87 my car has 300 horsepower and the turbo 4 version drops down to 274. Plus the V6 is in another universe when it comes to reliability. I already have the scanner and paid for tunes, and I’m out of warrantee, so why wait? In any event, this car has worked out for me…..

As expected, those my age or older can’t believe that the Global Social Contract will work or that anything will change in the world - while those younger than me are open to the idea. As most at the UN in positions of power are my age - this will be a tough sell, but these are the cream of the crop so you never know. They may let me try just to see how it fails. Sticking it all with me and me alone protects them from its possible failure so me doing it has its merits. People at the top are curious and may give it a go just to break the boredom of it all. We will just have to see how it all plays out…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/3OByv5luEjc
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last day of the weekend and I am finally working on the Fortress 2022.

The is will be a slim mag as things got really slow but we shall see what happens. I just want it to remain a yearly and it’s now 2022.

More people from my past dying but mostly from TV. So Tony Dow (Leave it to Beaver) kicked the bucket last week and now Nichelle Nichols from Star Trek (Uhura). That basically leaves just William Shatner (Captain Kirk) George Takei (Sulu), and Walter Koenig (Checkov). Shatner and Takei paid tribute to Nichols, no word from Koenig but he and Shatner always had this blood feud going so maybe later and that is if he doesn’t have Dementia or Alzheimer’s.

See, this is what happens as you get older. People always die but you begin to notice it
more as the names are names you recognize. Funny about aging, Shatner went into space a few months ago and was sharp as a pin, Takei is funny on twitter and Instagram, but Nichols suffered from dementia and had to stop going to conventions where she was truly loved by fans of the show.

Man is this is getting morbid.

I did do a lot of thinking about things this weekend - but I noted human lifespans are too short, so short it impedes human development. Look at me, I had everything go my way and I’m still running out of time. You can’t live it all - have a family and you can’t do what I’m trying to and vice versa. You have to choose between family and career, most play it safe and go family, the rest quickly find they don’t have what it takes and get angry at the world, the ones with the skill and therefore a chance mostly have time run out on them.

Then there are the lucky ones who at get to make the play and most will fail - if they saw the play to its conclusion. Even here, they will still question if it was worth it. And for the few who grabbed for and got the brass ring - it may work or fail - but at least they go to see it in the flesh. Maybe they live long enough to see the fruits of that labor. Nowadays, I believe they will be too old and demented to realize what happened in the end.

Life is a cheat, a cheat because it ends too soon. This is biological life and it is now truly impeding social development. Maybe humanity has reached its limits, but I believe we can develop a bit more before we have to change who we are to continue developing with our culture and especially tech.

In the music: I really stay away from male growlers pitching for death metal - it’s too much, too heavy, for most people, even if they know it exists. It’s also nice to see Gwen Stefani jumping genres and having fun (she is ten years younger than me but doesn’t look it)…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/Qg_jLLPlv5o

https://youtu.be/mK8mw2X-4ug
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The long weekend was so-so.

I am really into The Fortress newspaper/magazine now. I thought we might have been stretched for material but that has not been the case. So it’s just a matter of time till it gets out there!

3,000,000 views!

I knew it was coming but forgot about till the moment had passed but my little blog of sorts just passed three million views. That is a bit of a milestone for an old PHPBB2 message board from the turn of the century. The database has all kinds of problems and may not be able to be updated to the newer message boards which is why I have a second board that also needs updating. It is a bit of an achievement to keep people coming to some obscure website to read about the daily happenings of some rather forgettable brown guy - but there you go.

You can’t run a 19 year blog on some social platform where they can delete it all based on one complaint from any anonymous user. Anyone that takes issue with your agenda or politics or whatever can get you deleted. The only way is on your own site - but the problem is to get them there in a world where people just see the internet as Facebook, Spotify, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Google and so on. All those platforms have terms of service you agree to - but in the end they can do as they please and can change those terms later and have them apply to you when the older terms were in place. You are at their mercy and play the game by their rules or you get deleted.

I don’t have to play that game here but you have to pay and maintain the websites on your own. I would have had much higher numbers on any blogging site for example, but again you are under the their thumb - and also anyone who simply complains. There was one guy who literally had to beg to get his account back with years of posts. Another PHD person got deleted for their views and literally their presence on the net disappeared because they had nowhere else to go - that won’t happen here, I don’t want that to happen to me. In the end you end up self-censoring yourself not only to the audience you want to reach, but also the the people who run the platform and their terms of use. Women in many parts of the world can go topless, but try that at any of the usual social platforms and see what happens. So much for Women’s Liberation. I probably could not even show that painting of The Fates because one of the Fates shows her breasts. Art may probably have to have pasties applied to show on these platforms - hehehehe…..

The Fates

See what I mean!

Here is a photo that turned a bit artistic, or you could call it a news photo back in the day when women fought for the right to go topless. Good luck finding a topless woman these days apart from some secluded beach, but here you go:

The Dyke March back in 2005 - this lady actually posed for me!

Oh my - boobs on display - ur - not that there’s anything wrong with that (more real than a joke)! Anyway, no regrets keeping the old blog of sorts on my own website and thanks for your views.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/S03T47hapAc
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent the whole day running errands.

Laura with a CD!

Looks like Laura will grace the next version of The Fortress.

Corespondents related to the registration with the IRS!

The IRS wants another 60 days for its report on FOF Records - Yikes…..

And it looks like I will have paid off all short-term credit (not just FOF and IAIJ) tomorrow. That actually is another milestone.

Later…..

https://youtu.be/xGihu6Nz1mk

https://youtu.be/YRtTFLzqFnw
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are now in the black!

This may be the first time since 2003 I could ever say that but it is true - in the black with no short-term debt hiding anywhere. It took a pandemic shutting everything down for two years but everything we did in the Fortress Experiment, the music and video production, the concerts and the early newspaper - literally everything we did has now had that financial shadow wiped away from my life…..

It all had a purpose and I got lucky there, but if I hadn’t done “this” - I am sure that money would have gone into hobbies like cars. Heaven forbid that I just banked the money and never had any fun - that was my best friend Raymond, and he never was able to spend it (which for him was starting an old folks home or two - not a bad idea really). After long medical issues a heart attack got him in the end, so it was almost like he never made the money at all.

You still have to live your life and a family drains your bank account as well as your ambitions unless you get really lucky - but at least you still have that legacy. I went the other way and probably a good move as maybe (anthropologically) I never had that choice. However, I just want to note that fact and the moment it happened.

I am all caught up…..

Sneaker Pimps!

As the music industry starts to roll again, I think about it and mistakes bands make especially when they have some success. As for bands my little label has five of them so I have a tiny bit of experience here. Most notable for me is the crash and burn of Sneaker Pimps. Sneaker Pimps was just this two man experimental electronic band back in the 90s with two white guys and was basically invisible until they hired a female lead: Kelli Ali.

This woman was mixed race, exotic with Dracula teeth a good voice and could sing - and was attractive and thin from London with a British accent which made her so cool at the time! Women vocalists are as rare as hen’s teeth and one that can belt it out and also be thin is even rarer. With her singing vocals the band broke out and became mainstream with hits like “6 Underground” and “Spin Spin Sugar ”. However with the fame it became obvious people looked at the band as Kelli Ali and nothing else. They even got a chance to help with a song by Marilyn Manson - but - it was clear Manson was only interested in Ali. So the whole thing was almost like a job interview for Ali with her doing back-up vocals and the others doing nothing else! I get what Manson saw in Ali as his image and her’s would really work together. Anyway the band threw a hissy fit over all this and I won’t get into it, but Manson washed his hands of them.

Manson with Kelli Ali and the rest of the Sneaker Pimps!

As a side note Manson only had any interest in Ali so in photos he and Ali would be together with the rest of Sneaker Pimps looking like fan boys - I don’t know if Manson ever mentioned the other band mates or even talked about them - out of sight and out of mind!

I don’t think we had a Van Halen ego problem as she seemed grounded, but the band dumped her anyway. If she dumped them she would have had better strategy with new music so I don’t buy that idea that it was her idea to leave. Anyway Virgin soon dumped the band - go figure - and away to obscurity they went. Fans of the band really, really, hated the decision to drop her - I should add. Kelli Ali now embraced her real name instead of just Kelli or Kelli Dayton which was her mother’s maiden name. They also blew out her face on 6 Underground so she would look more like a white woman which I’m sure pissed her off at the time just like Nelly Furtado. What she didn’t count on was 911 and the hatred for anything Muslim as that happened three years later. It took 20 years for that to change for her image and she was now making music and a movie and then Covid hits - what shitty luck!

So that’s what happened to the Sneaker Pimps, if they had just stayed together in spite of all that band mate drama they could have been huge. And yes, I have a soft spot for Ali as she embraced her name and kept it even after 911. That name alone is a career killer even now. But I admire her for that regardless…..

Goodnight…

https://youtu.be/2eBZqmL8ehg

https://youtu.be/UjBwe6IL10o
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 373, 374, 375 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 374 of 416

Jump to: