Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 369, 370, 371 ... 415, 416, 417  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Worldwide Vote Book is basically done and all I need to add is the new ISBN number ( ISBN 978-1-988407-09-8 ) and maybe the customary statements and on sale it goes. The first reports have been out for years so these books - and they are real books - are now more like props for when I advocate. I’ll also update the Positive Mandate book though it will be very minor.

Worldwide Vote book front cover!

So the vacation winds down. I should have flown down to New York but then this is Memorial Day weekend and coming back would have been a nightmare. I could not go in the middle of the week because of my dad’s dental
surgery, so this is just how it all went down. Getting a speeding ticket or two via State Troopers was a risk and it affects your insurance in Canada, pot holes and rocks flying at you as the roads are worse than here (a windshield repair would mean flying was cheaper and less hassle). Deer strikes driving late at night - too many negatives and driving while tired as you don’t stay over - more risk there. Calling it off was a rational decision, but what to do next? July first (Canada Day) is the next but we are back with the July fourth weekend in the States and the same thing again. You have to plan ahead and pay more for cancellation because you need a Covid 19 test before going down to the States by air - always that! The August civic holiday may be the best bet if I can get it a day earlier. However it may all be pointless as I may not use the pass for anything important, and if by some miracle I get in during the big show in September, you cant use the yearly pass at that event anyway. Basically 2022 is still trouble.

Most would be happy to finish a book during a one week vacation but I wanted more bragging rights - maybe I’m getting too greedy - but really I’m just salty to get back into the advocacy after two years.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/Q6mJHu2vu3M

Last edited by Maurice Ali on Mon May 30, 2022 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An early one today…..

With the book done I wanted to chill out. The only movie I wanted to see was Dredd based in internet reviews. I saw the Sylvester Stallone version before it and was not impressed. This 2012 version was said to be better and I actually got the DVD version even though I was resigned to download it from iTunes. This was originally in 3D which did turn out to be a fad after all, but the slow motion effects were great! Non-filmmakers probably thought it was overdone but I loved it all the way through. So the movie gets a thumbs up from me.

While buying the DVD I bought a bunch of 5 buck and 3 buck movies with mostly audio commentary. Even if the movie sucks and has no budget a filmmaker who does the commentary gets my money. I would posit that a bad film with commentary explaining everything that went wrong is more entertaining than the movie itself and that’s why I love the DVDS! But that’s just me…..

My box set of DVDs!

This was also my last day of pigging out on food. I am still exercising but not dieting so I start again on Sunday. My hair is short for a change as I was planning to go to the UN. Speaking of that - do you want to know what was the biggest take-a-way from that whole fiasco? It was that I still wanted it! When I got the chance I wanted to get back there as fast as I could, even to the point that it was clouding my judgement. The heart wanted that but the brain overrides that and here we are. You hear me wonder if I still was really into all this and you got the answer in a very raw way. So at least that question got settled this is week - I’m all in!

Goodnight…..

(Spoiler)
https://youtu.be/hyjfNQ0lJn4

(No Spoiler)
https://youtu.be/76Hq9qyQBlQ
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something rather strange is happening.

They are doing aerial spraying of these foreign moths attacking the trees. A helicopter does this and literally can hover over your house close enough to make out the pilot. So I tried to take a photo of the helicopter from a window - but no good. Any good photojournalist will tell you you have to train yourself to go for the camera instinctively and see through that as opposed to what I did which was just stare like an idiot and then try to snap it as it leaves. I only have three shots of the helicopter behind some trees, but it was literally hovering above my house like some “black ops” fantasy! Anyway a lesson learned - and I’m not going anywhere for an hour despite what the city says about the harmless effects of the spray.

They did it as best they could which was sunrise on Sunday morning so I give them credit for that. Anyway here is my failed photography of the event:

First off I was naked (going to soak in the tub) and getting a shot through a dirty window without the bug screen meant exposing my genitals to my neighbours who are also looking outside and trying to take photos (I don’t need that). So I pulled back the corner of the blinds and shot from there and what you got after the stunned silence and compromise shooting angles was - nothing!

So a lot of drama and nothing to show for it - sort of like that trip to the UN…..

The last day of my vacation has uploading the book files, and a revised front page I’ll show later - oops here he comes again and I’m soaking in the tub - oh well - coming real close too!

Later…..

https://youtu.be/8hyMG3b05u0
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that’s number 4 - or number six if you count eBooks as separate! Uploaded and in review and now publishing - the book is done - at least as an eBook! This is the idea that had everyone’s panties in a knot at the UN a few years ago (2017 and 2020), and now it’s in book form!

Worldwide Vote book front cover!

As you can see I changed the cover since I showed you last time. Having the phone completely encapsulated by the earth looked a little lame, so I dropped it below the globe and this is more stylisitic. I also updated the phone from a Samsung Note 3 from 2014 in an Otterbox. The question was which phone to grace the cover? In the end the Pinephone got the nod as it is a privacy phone and hackproof - so good vibes there for this cover - and also very plain and generic. I kept it in its gel case to make the border more obvious against the black background. I then cloned in the original front page of my Android voting app (including the side event notification from 2017) to the Pinephone display as a call back to the spirit of the original dissemination of the idea. It all works for this cover and the graphics should age well!

Other things?

The dedication: The first time you publish a book your dedication is like “I dedicate this book to my mother who gave me life and to my dad who gave me determination and to my fourth grade school teacher who…” and after a bunch of books it’s like - I’Il just copy the generic dedication from the previous book and add “and all those who believe in the universal right to vote!” - meh….. If I had any balls I would dedicate the book to all those influencers, all those spandex clad bubble butt women who while showing off the bubble butt in front of the United Nations will be turned around with a hard copy of the Worldwide Vote book in her hands and a pair of fake glasses on her nose! That actually could work (don’t put ideas like this in my head) - the times we live in…..

Final proofing and formatting of the book took an entire day! I kept finding things that had to be changed - and then things that could have stayed but I wanted it changed. This is just like all my previous books before, but like child birth, you forget about it till the next time your in it (and I’ll apologize now to all mothers for using that reference as childbirth is totally much harder). But it is done and now we do it all over again for the physical book. At least with Amazon I don’t have to worry about gutters and formatting that stuff, but you do learn how a real paper book is made…..

I’ll start to work on the actual book and have it done within the next two weeks if not sooner. Unlike an eBook a real book needs page spacing - or blank pages - to keep chapters starting on the right side and all that. This adds about ten extra pages to my book which as a Kindle should be around 123 pages or so and maybe 133-135 in traditional book form.

As for the vacation:

Everything I wanted to get done got done. The UN trip was a target of opportunity, but cooler heads prevailed and probably for good reason. I’ll be back there soon enough, but maybe a two day trip so I can have a more fulfilling time while there. Shane wanted to see Slipknot and is back in town but if I’d know Cyprus Hill was also on the docket I would also have bought a ticket. No, my favorite song from them is not “Insane in the Membrane” but a little known song by them called “[Goin’ All Out] Nothin’ to Lose”.

Goodnight…..

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/Q6mJHu2vu3M
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The eBook isl now for sale on Amazon:

I would be such a fan of Amazon if they just didn’t keep closing down distribution in all media categories. Anyway, Amazon started as a book company and I guess Jeff Bezos told them to always keep that part of the business (before he retired) and so there you are. Anyway its out there and next up is the physical book!

In other parts of the organization we have more advantages to registering the record label in the States. So if some of my organization can’t travel to the States, this way they can do business in the States as an American registered corporation and still do it from Canada. So this leaves nobody out and the advantages to registering in the States keep adding up. I don’t talk about everything in the organization here but it makes for a full day! It could always be worse so I won’t complain.

So last week I made myself look as old as possible for the UN trip and on Sunday I started the procedure to look a bit younger. In the past I found out some tricks like if you let shaving cream build up slightly on your neck it looks like your neck has aged 20 years but slowly scrape away that crap and your neck bounces back good as ever. Trim your facial hair so as to elongate your chin and moustache hair (horizontally) and that will make you look really old. Salt and pepper hair works wonders. Even pigging out on food and getting a little paunch will make you look like everyone’s dad!

So why am I so keen on aging myself for the UN? It’s that nobody takes a young black guy seriously, but they will listen to an older more distinguished black man with a title, especially internationally (I know this from personal experience) - so why fight the preconceptions when just letting yourself go for a week will do the trick!

The funny part is seeing yourself half way in the process. like black hair with old man facial hair like I saw Monday. Anyway I trimmed the sides and look a bit younger. I’m in the entertainment business and that means being a chameleon. I’ll also call it - guys will prefer the women with some years in her that tries to look young even with fashion to a degree. Trust me in this ladies, even at a club way back that had Shane and Gritz rapping, strippers stripping, but the manager was this thin disheveled women trying to look trendy, and she was - sexy…..

"Miss Mitzy Cream (burlesque dancer)! - not the manager of said venue!

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler has made the official announcement about the Kindle Version of the Worldwide Vote Book:

Tyler Craig wrote:
Worldwide Vote on sale at Kindle!

By Tyler Craig - FOF Inc.

The Fortress of Freedom Corporation is pleased to announce that our book Worldwide Voteis on sale at Amazon in Kindle form. The ISBN is (ebooks have a different ISBN):

ISBN 978-1-988407-09-8

Currently the book is 123 pages. The book is very simple in design with a black cover globe and phone and white title on it. You can find this electronic book here:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2P174FY

More news as it becomes available.

FORTRESS OF FREEDOM: BRINGING THE MASS MEDIA TO THE MASSES!

So that one is out there and now we look toward the paperback. Paperbacks at Amazon are scrutinized more and the ISBN is a sticking point for those of us in Canada. I’ll try something different this time and see if they bark at me. You can be a publisher in Canada and receive your own ISBN prefix, but they will only recognize you in the States as a publisher if you wholly own the prefix and ISBN coding rights. Also, they usually complain about formatting the large book cover files - usually involving the spine and what’s on there - so this could take a while.

This is the cover file for the paperback!

Things just trundle along otherwise. I will say that Amazon has added hardcovers to the sale of their books! So l’ll probably buy a paperback and check it out and if it’s “OK” then send that off to Libraries Canada and go ahead and buy the hardcover for myself and photo shoots. So now when I give a speech I can have a stack of proper books all about what I’m talking about beside me - very intimidating!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/T8D9PhsBoCs

https://youtu.be/JHClha6zpRw
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miscellaneous Ramblings…..

Ok, against my better angels I downloaded the full BlackArch repository on penetration tools onto a laptop. I suggest you do not do the same. First of all you can’t completely copy it off your hard drive and onto a stick. It will lose a bunch of properties, but I did it anyway as I looked for a better alternative.

In the end I burned the 18gig file to a Bluray disk via a portable Bluray drive I had and it worked! Every byte copied onto disc! So I got it out of the laptop hard drive and decided to bring up a past restore point just in case - but I forgot it was a fresh install - so - I just ran some scans and called it a day.

If any of you want to dabble in this stuff because you think its cool, then use Kali. BlackArch is for real IT people and just burning it properly to a jump drive means straight coding via Terminal - and make even the slightest mistake, it will wipe everything on your computer’s drive! The funny part is a tutorial on this with the author telling you about the possibility of wiping your hard drive because it happened to them - so why should I believe in anything else he tells me after that? So beware! It’s this way to ensure ordinary bumpkins don’t download and use the stuff unless they are “worthy” and so the traps are there before using it. Even if you get it installed on your computer or thumb drive you still have to beware of all those tools in the repository.

The big deal about BlackArch is the huge repository of penetration tools but all these are there for use at your own risk! I don’t even think there is a proper desktop for use here so for most this is simply unusable which is probably a good thing. I have about 50 websites and FOF was hacked and went down once years ago, and they even did some damage to the database. According to the hacker credo, my sites are off-limits which is why I bravely run old compromised software - but that didn’t stop this one “script kiddie” from taking it down and leaving a cute message to update my PHP - which is suppose to - in his mind - make it all “OK”…..

A fan website that got hacked, she was so upset and looking for help - it was also funny but I digress!

Anyway, all of this is perfectly open, above board and legal, but what you do with it is what can get you into trouble. I may do some minor testing on a couple of my sites but will stick with Kali for now. User beware…..

BTW: Running a twenty year old forum these days is more trouble than it’s worth - but it is a flex move! Everyone leaves me alone mostly for my work at the last World Summit on the Information Society Review Meeting - pitching for citizen journalists - but its days are numbered. My hosting company still
lets me use ancient PHP on the server and warns me of any malicious attacks or enquiries, cause I stuck with them when business dried up after 911 (there is always that!).

In other news:

Strangely they are proceeding to publish the paperback of the Worldwide Vote without any complaints. If so, then Tyler should make the announcement and we will talk about it tomorrow.

Oh, and if you are in Ontario - don’t forget to vote!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/7AuhhCyhfzI
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always laugh at the kids in their teens and maybe early 20s and how their time judgement is so different than older people.

One year for them is a huge chunk of their life. At my age, one year barely moves the needle. When I was was 17 or 18 at Ryerson (or whatever they call it now) I was in class with a 28 year old and I told him that I couldn’t imagine what it’s like to be 28! Yes, I actually said it and meant it! When I was in retail we hired a lot of kids into their first job. Seriously, one conversation revolved on whether you could have sex with someone 24 years old. These were girls and this was serious conversation - hahahaha…..

Me at 18

I have to take their sentiments seriously because they did. One had a crush on me and I was 25 back then - I never thought of that before - were they talking about me? Actually there were two, I forgot about the other one, she worked ladies underwear and always hated folding the panties and putting the bras back into the boxes - man, my life is just plain whacked but - a lesser man would have had the time of their lives - but I digress. I always could never understand that - what would a woman find attractive or endearing in me? I was was this nut job with wacky ideas wanting to change the world - what sane person would want to be with a waco like me - then again time has shown some of that wackiness to have merit as I am disseminating on the world stage - could it be my perception is wacked? Hahahahaha….. If I started talking to them about my ideas and ambitions they would just sit around me with their heads all tilted to one side - taking it all in. Then this one girl Irene (?) - I think - would spout off to the girl that had the crush on me that she had a crush on me and then yelling would ensue and our little session was over - hahahahaha…..

The girls would call me up on my phone (landline back then) and leave messages - I may still have those and should digitize them along with my dearly departed mom’s messages and my those of my ex-wife. I guess I made an impression on the girls as their parents must have heard them and would come to the store to check me out. I never took advantage of my employees, even if they did things that today you would never consider happening - I deleted one example here as it’s the internet and forever, but I always played it straight like the company man should. You just turn a blind eye to those shenanigans perpetrated by youngsters - but they were also my gang, my employees. Anyway I would be ripping into a can of some product to display and a couple would walk up to me and say they were so-and-so’s (in one case: Ashley’s ?) parents and would shake my hand and move on. Even lately, Anna’s dad came up to me at World on the Street, bought a couple of copies of her two books we published with her, paid way more than the price I asked and then shook my hand like all the others before. They know their daughter and I guess the “straight man” met with their approval. I never even thought about that stuff until now…..

Anna and Shane with her contract!

Metabolism slows as you get older and this speeds up time relative, but also fewer things are new to you and days start to blur into weeks and years, back in the day you would wonder where that year went? Not in the last 20 years or so as my life slowed way down. This is sort of cool as I am living time at maybe the rate the kids are living it! Others my age are slowed down (time speeding up), not interested in anything new - in fact they consider new things a threat Whatever, but I still relate to the 20 somethings. Even at the UN I actually can talk “out there” advocacy with university students and post-university students and your ages for that moment become irrelevant.

So I still connect with the kids and I should stop calling them kids because the kids five years younger are what they call “kids” it’s all relative. A 29 year old considers a 19 year old a kid, but can consider me a potential one-night-stand thing while the 19 year old would probably vomit at the thought. How time relative shifts in only a few years.

So here is the kicker: They were these kids I managed when I ran the retail floor at night. Kids I could never even think of doing anything with. I still think they would be in their 40’s now but I was 25 and they were at least 16 or older. So they are now 53 and up - HOW THE HELL IS THIS POSSIBLE! They will always be kids in their first job to me, until I meet them now, and their kids, and probably their grand kids - hahahahha….. In fact, if they had the experience of families with grown children - mentally they may be even older than me in maturity - get your head around that folks…..

Time is elastic!

In other news, We have the release of the paperback:

Tyler Craig wrote:
Worldwide Vote Paperback on Sale at Amazon!

By Tyler Craig - FOF Inc.

The Fortress of Freedom Corporation is pleased to announce that our book Worldwide Vote is for sale at Amazon in paperback form. The ISBN is:

978-1988407043

Currently the book is about 130 pages. The book is more elaborate in design than the latest books with actual graphics on the front. In Canada you can get the book here:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/1988407044/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1654215991&sr=8-1

More news as it becomes available.

FORTRESS OF FREEDOM: BRINGING THE MASS MEDIA TO THE MASSES!

Like I said, I really want the hard back version for myself so I’ll look into that - vanity - pure vanity. Then I get back to work on the ageism book.

Goodnight…..

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/Twm1O0vcw7c
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late one but I’m running around doing things.

We are starting to look at new acts again at the label now the the pandemic seems to be easing off a bit. We are switching up things a bit looking at multi-talented and multi-platform people for a multi-media world we are in.

I’m getting back into the ageism book and that pesky issue of how do we value a human life. I’m probably there but want some time to be sure and then we take that valuation and compare it to to current systems that apply valuation for services rendered - and then I act - it’s as simple as that…..

This weekend I should crawl under the car before the warrantee expires and then I’m on my own for repairs. This Mustang as been my best car experience over these last five years. And I treated it worse than the others in terms of garaging it and so on. I will go over the schematics and and make sure this thing does not rust on me as I consider this car a keeper!

I’ll add one more thing: If human beings just has an extra 20 years of active life, human culture would be so much further ahead. Our limited lifespan literally kills of creativity and the ability to fully develop it because of our limited lifespans. I am fortunate that The Fates gave me seven extra years. At my age people are literally physically falling apart with choric problems. My issue today is people making fun of my paunch I still have from the vacation. I tell them - correctly - that the record heat we had this week has me dehydrated and constipated and you digest slower on hotter days, but they never accept excuses for that. So back to avoiding Starbucks and throwing the chip dip in the garbage. Anyway, if that's my big body problem I’m going to test that lifespan theory and see if extra years help me out - but the pandemic didn't help at all!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/lWXmV1V1R3g
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m still lookkng for new recruits.

Some are already sold when you ask them. Others take more time but they stick out like a sore thumb. Mostly they sort of avoid you or look at you like a dog they are not sure of, and the only reason they would do that is if they were considering crossing paths with you. Like a Pied Piper, the younger they are the longer they last. Emily was like 17 when I met her, and her first kid called me Uncle Mowis. I met Sam even younger at 15 years old and now she’s a mother of a two year old.

Emily back in the day!

Shane and a 15 year old Sam - who bought the first CD back then!

So the Pied Piper effect, there they are just worrying about how to look sexy for Instagram and maybe some meaningful work that pays the bills - and then I come along. It was even worse at the start, heck Shane and Sam and many others I’ll stay quiet about were homeless about the time when I came on the scene. Just living to survive, I’d like to think I gave them a purpose or philosophy to embrace, and a journey or adventure to give them some direction apart from a directionless existence.

Anyway the weekend is over.

I checked the motor and transmission of my car for oil leaks and nothing - very clean under there - and then the differential, and nothing. I even looked for aluminium corrosion on the body panels and nothing. So I am good to go past the warrantee and be on my own. I don’t trust extended warrantees, mostly because of my hassles just trying to get them to take care of things on the normal warrantee like one water pump! Anyway that got sorted out on the weekend.

2 Rude & Kaleb Simmonds!

Jelleestone

The Lox

We are still looking for acts but the label is sticking to its ability to run on vapours. That’s the only reason we still exist. I’m always amazed at artists that think I only exist to give them money. I was talking to one such guy this weekend and he is not one of our artists - strictly an outsider I hardly knew - you won’t know him either. He wanted to give me no stake in his band at all but front up money for vinyl records sales. Just to give you an idea of cost, one thousand vinyl records would cost me about 7000 dollars! Plus he was arrogant of himself and abilities and yet crapped on me and my achievements. According to him, I didn’t know anything about the music industry even though I’ve been there for 17 years, outlasted all the other corporate indie labels in Canada and so on. He called me up only to put me down, swear at me and at then ask me to puts thousands of dollars into his band - which seems only like a one man band if you look around.

And look at this, Electric for All in vinyl. A real collectors piece!

Hum, when you are asking people for money, it’s best not to call them up and start cussing and swearing and belittling them - and then - ask for money up front with nothing back in return - what businessman jumps on that? If you’ve been around so long with all these industry connections, how come they won’t give you money for vinyl records, and why are you calling someone you never met before instead - that says a lot right there! Anyway it was entertaining but seriously, you artists out there, a bit of humble pie goes a long way if you need financial help. Even if I wasn’t going to help him, I’m not going to forward this guy or introduce him to anyone that could help him as he will only piss them off, embarrass me in the process and have me apologize for sending such a jerk to them! Be nice even if things didn’t go your way. The Canadian music industry is small and everyone knows everyone, so it pays - literally - not to piss people off! Be nice, talk to them even if nothing happens, you never know if something comes up later and that conversation clicks in the mind; especially with the pandemic subsiding and things opening up again. There is a lesson for everyone there. So that also happened this weekend.

Goodnight…..

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/CuBvSE_CGKw

https://youtu.be/iSBLmhpA8Ig
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok a bunch of stuff…..

Donald Brasseur in WW2!

First is that it was June 6 on Monday and the 78th anniversary of D-Day! We remember it here at FOF as our dearly departed Don/Donald “Boots” Brasseur took part in this D-Day invasion (I see being politically correct in 2022 they are trying to call it something different to an “invasion”) so it is closer to us here than most. Check out our documentary on that and his days in Vaudeville in the link below…..

Post script - Below are some photos taken of Donald "Boots" Brasseur's funeral:

Funeral procession.

A military service for our WW2 Hero!

At the grave.

Also, the guy I had a “conversation” with on Sunday called me back Monday and we made peace. So he is now in my contacts list and if anything comes across us that he might be interested in - we will give him a call. He will remain a secret here, but I will note he is multi-faceted and handled the music for a David Carradine film (.i.e “Kill Bill”, “Kung Fu ) and it actually says “Music by….. with his name standing alone). So that is how that one played out…..

I noticed Monday afternoon that my latest book “Worldwide Vote” is on sale at Barnes & Noble”! Barnes & Noble are still around having started in 1886 and still have just under 700 stores in the States. They are literally the last standing brick and mortar and online book store left. So it was a happy surprise to find it on sale at a real bookstore. Sure Amazon works and finding it at Walmart was a pleasant surprise, but Barnes & Noble made my day as all the 20th Century authors I read had their books on sale at Barnes &. Noble. I know for most of you that sounds daft, but it’s like being a part of a tradition you grew up with - like having my first TV show on terrestrial TV (over the air - antennas, rabbit ears - etc.) and on Channel 3 no less, it’s just so cool to see your stuff in places you never thought you would be - but nevertheless were a part of your everyday life! Anyway the link is there below and check it out before they come to their senses and pull it from the catalogue:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/worldwide-vote-maurice-ali/1141588395?ean=9781988407043

I have to say that’s a catchy title and a catchy description! Maybe that’s the reason? My other books are not there which makes this one special…..

Finally, I made the decision once we have the idea of the value of a human life locked in, we will then apply that valuation to UN studies on ageism and see how or if this perspective changes things. That would make for a good set of talking points at UN sessions I would say! It keeps you interested and going as writing these things can also be a chore. Just don’t pre-judge where I’m going, as I’m sure the knee-jerk reaction for some was that it’s “existential nihilism” or something like that - hint - it most certainly is not!

Goodnight…..

https://donaldbrasseur.com

https://youtu.be/ob6YtkVy6m0
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late one.

Tuesday was updating all my computers and as boring as that is - at least it got done.

Seems I was right not to take the plane to New York and the United Nations a few weeks ago. The delays at the airport are still with us. However I was also right not to have driven there either. I really should drive there during the day after a good night’s sleep and stay over at least a day before driving back home. That could not happen as the Memorial Day weekend had everything booked up. On the positive side, that fiasco did show me all the intricacies of driving there and where to park and what you need and even things like my travel insurance being discontinued and finding an alternative. So the called off trip was not a total loss in the end…..

I was thinking of the organizations and why they exist and their future. What I wanted in Fortress and IAIJ was a web portal for some kid like me in the prime of his/her creativity to come into our community and get his revolutionary or creative ideas out there at the most important venues on earth. A journalist org gives me the elasticity to get anything out there quickly passing all those mediocre “people” playing God with important ideas and information they have a moral right not to mess with!

Where do you go when you live your youth with creative ideas bursting out in your mind every few minutes - and nowhere to take them to be disseminated or used. Don’t bother with universities, those jealous “people” with titles and little else tried to bury me but good, I was supposed to go to graduate school and they even hinted so in public in my class and people congratulated me afterward - and then I got the shaft, but you all know what happened to that. Even in the great white ivory tower, people will be people and do what anthropologists say they will do and I was thrown out into the wilderness to fend for myself. Fail, fail and fail at institutions that exist for training the ordinary. So that is why I designed Fortress and IAIJ.

Still, finding those talented people is hard - probably because they are so rare, and all those wasted years of my youth and creativity were gone when they could have done some good. The old man I am now is just leftovers/scraps from the creative man I used to be. Because I am lesser in every way, my lesser ideas at least resonate more with people than my ideas in my prime which were probably too radical for public consumption. The older me did set up the organizations for others like me - however - so at least something good came from all this - but what a waste of two thirds of my life, and for no good reason!

I’m reinventing what a journalist is and unabashedly so. Outsiders would probably want our NGO to be boring and ordinary and in the end - useless and easy to be manipulated - but not on my watch! What happened to me only illustrates what happens to truly creative minds that get stifled for all the usual (and wrong) reasons, but my organization should be an example for others to emulate, to keep new ideas having as few screens to disseminate creativity in all its forms for a world that constantly needs new and creative ideas to survive.

Goodnight…..

https://youtube.com/shorts/QNrxleuprQE?feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting from my car today…..

Man, I’m still wearing my clothing from yesterday and its almost 11:00am today! It doesn’t matter as I’m roaring forwad on things before senility takes me.

This is not about looks, this is not about how others perceive you. This is about opportunities and the plays you make that were never available before - let me explain…..

We have never been in a position to change perceptions globally - on a dime - and literally in real time! I don’t have to wait for books to be published and vetted by professors, then changes in each individual country and culture. I now have the ability to make instantaenous wholesale sweeps of my concepts and ideas and philosophy via the internet and social media platforms as well as the usual geopolitical focus points. All I need is that my ideas/concepts and philosophy make sense and appeal to every human being on a rational and visceral level. It has to sound right and feel right! Then a single individual can change the world for the better.

Maybe it’s better in some ways that I never got comfortable in an academic lifestyle - or - maybe I would have been more effective, there just is no way to know. But I am in the “here and now” and I do what I can! I have been to many places of influence and power looking for those that could best me, where I could walk away and say: “These people are better than me and the world is better off with them - now I can live selfishly for myself”. That didn’t happen (I could say how disappointed I was, but why bother) so I have to do what I can with the help of rare individuals able to open some doors for me to do what I do best…..

This is humanity and the real world folks. You are lead by ordinary people, because someone has to do it and that position has to be filled. The position does not mean the person with the title is better than you - just remember that! It was easy for me to get to where I am and try to disseminate my ideas, the world needs ideas and even from my lowly position in society I have access and can try to change the world. Some find that weird but they are relying on a flawed and simplistic model of the world that is easy to embrace for the masses. For others who know better - this is just the way it is - you find talent wherever it appears.

Anyway, I can do what I can do as I am - as the saying goes: “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it”. I have all the resources to do what I want to do. I do wonder what the other philosophers would say about my advantages in our present world and how they would have done things if they were here. That amount of talent with the reach and immediacy we have today - just think of the possibilities…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/Q77gbjfsVO8
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late one but you get them when you get them.

The value of a human life concept was pretty much nailed down to my satisfaction but now I’m tweaking it to be more friendly to religions and policy makers and I seem to have threaded that needle. Apart from that it just an easy going time for now. It ramps up again on the weekend.

Later…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to sleep through Saturday…..

That wasn’t happening though. First I had to run some errands like buying groceries and such, checking up on things I’m responsible for and them back home to mow the lawn and wash the car. I made the mistake of leaving the backyard for later and then it rained buckets!

In the orgs we have new music coming out - more in the coming days…..

I will get back on the agism paper probably on Sunday, but I can’t complain especially since the Worldwide Vote book just came out.

It’s Saturday night and the neighbors got all dressed up and went out. No festivities for me - no time - I haven’t even updated the websites to the latest news. Just make sure the bills are paid and update things. Hit the sack early and concentrate on a good night’s sleep.

The Fates

The pot belly was really starting to go down and starting Friday night it was an orgy of TV dinners, chips and dip, and two glasses of wine. So now it is getting back into routine and getting that paunch to disappear. The fact I can even talk like that is a rarity at my age, but there you are. Things are “ok” at the moment but everything will go to crap soon enough when the biggest plays have to be made. You wonder why “you” and no one else. It is what it is and only The Fates know why it’s you. I am confident in my abilities and if I was truly on my own things would almost be perfect - never happens so I just lament my life and the future coming up, but I believe in myself and that gives me confidence to keep going - this never ending cycle the past few decades…..

You don’t want to be me…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/wjttaL8y_DA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 369, 370, 371 ... 415, 416, 417  Next
Page 370 of 417

Jump to: