Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 338, 339, 340 ... 415, 416, 417  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting conversation with one of my directors.

We were discussing possibilities for advocacy this year which ranged from not much to meeting with VIPs and actually hitting a home run. Bizzarely - the pandemic makes this a possibility this year as events may go on physically but have low traffic still
due to the pandemic. This means a guy like me
could actually get an invite to the big show at the United Nations in September. If that happens anything and everything could happen! It’s just talk now, but it is a possibility and not a lottery and you have to prepare for this just in case.

We have the cash and all the rest to make this play. We just need the access! And it comes up faster than you think. September is not that far away……

I’ll leave it there but the talking to Queens and Princesses and all of that “is” a possibility - and just how did I luck into this - oh yah, that wasn’t luck…..Hehehehehehahahahaha…..

18 years…..

Oh, I’m on to the last forum to copy over - finally! This was a bugger but it’s almost over. Then I finish up the other stuff. I know the optics for this play for humanity don’t match with what you see in the movies or on TV. If you don’t like the brown guy making the plays then just leave here like others have, no good looking white guy is giving up what I gave up on some fantastical idea of reshaping humanity. If I was in his shoes I would do the same as him. But I didn’t have a choice so you get what you get.

Get over it for those who don’t like the facts…..

Later.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had planned to really start to finally finish that second board but no go for Sunday.

First of all I had to buy my folks some groceries and then replaced a toilet seat in one of the bathrooms. So that gets done and back home for the web work. I put a TV dinner in the microwave for lunch and - no power. Turns out the receptacles has no power just like the one on the other side of the sink! Short - the squirrels chewing wires - aluminum wiring pulling out of the housings - don’t know yet, but that happened. Then I fell asleep. Got up as the sun sets and a relative of mine has a dead battery.

So by the time that all was sorted the day was done. Things got done but not “my” things. I did get the last forum started in a meaningful way but Monday looks like snow which could screw things up even more. It is what it is but the electrical issues bother me the most.

So Sunday went from talking about changing the world at the Sunday morning conference call - to everyone’s Sunday just like that. And that was the weekend.

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More bad news for media today.

Amazon as I told you last week, stopped accepting non-fiction indie submissions for Prime Video. Now today another shoe has dropped for independent producers distributing via CDs and DVDs. At the end of this month Amazon Media on Demand will not accept anymore submissions and after July 4 (2021) they will no longer sell CDs and DVDs manufactured in house.

This is just another nail in the coffin for physical media. I love physical media but times are changing. The funny thing is that as they say (Amazon) people are moving to streaming media, they no longer allow that migration for the indie producers that were in Media on Demand. In fact they killed indie media streaming for non-fiction before they killed physical media. I hazard a guess that this was planned all along but Bezos probably - like those our age - still had an affectation for physical media - and now that he has stepped down from the day-to-day running of the corporation, the others have quickly moved to slash and burn old media. Remember that Amazon killed its festival indie portal called “Withoutabox” in 2019, and then indie non-fiction at Prime Video in 2021, and now physical media just a few weeks later. Follow the bread crumbs and you will see that Amazon is done with indie…..

What this means for FOF is that practically all forms of income for entertainment are now gone. Not that we did it for the money, but now nobody will believe you - or take you seriously - when you say you run a record label or video production house. Even concerts and live events are dead because of Covid 19 and who knows what happens when things reopen. I find it funny that as soon as we get enough evidence to validate the positive mandate - the world stifles the corporate indie entertainment industry. Could it be all that music and video and print were just fodder for the positive mandate? The Fates may be sending me a message.

But entertainment at FOF was always for advocacy and so all our material simply becomes legacy material that’s is part of the fabric of what we advocate. We will still put out music and video, but at a more relaxed pace now. Going forward it will be the advertising company that makes the money to pay the bills for the media companies going forward. The IAIJ-FOF group will continue to exist.

But this is more a slap in the face for people my age. What it really says is that the world is moving on. I will rush to put out the four DVD set of the Positive Mandate for Humanity TV series. Maybe offer more “Electric For All” CDs as we actually ran out of those. And then kill the physical distribution program. If there is an interest we may still sell the physical media for those interested from FOF itself via Amazon but that will be truly cottage industry.

The fat lady is singing…..

So that was Monday, more reminders of how old you are. And remember - the internet has actually stifled creativity more now than in the past. Nobody but a handful are full time musicians. Even Daft Punk have called it quits….. What’s next - books? Nobody is a full time musician anymore, nobody is a full time writer or poet. Journalists - the Toronto Star will be running an online gambling site to keep the paper alive - and I’m not making that up! Very few make a full time living in video these days. The internet has not panned out as expected for creativity, as it’s hard to be at your creative best with a “joe job” just to eat and put a roof over your head.

A sad day for physical media and the independent producers who rely on it…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/vVDXTFeGYwc
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuesday was one shitty day….

This day was to tell about four artists that their CDs were not going to happen or be very rushed to make it in Amazon on Demand’s shutdown itinerary. So they were really dejected as nothing but bad news comes whenever there is news. One reason I’ll keep the label going is that at least my gang has a place they can rely on - the label - no matter what the pros think in the business world. This is advocacy here after all, and advocacy for freedom of expression and creativity!

Then I found out my trickle charger snapped a wire boosting my relative’s car. Then I found a bunch of hair in the shower floor - going bald - No!!!!!

I won’t even get into the angst about the electrical repair for those outlets in the wall that just stopped working.

Yup: Super glue ain’t fixing this!

But the “coup de grasse” was my new glasses with the world’s most expensive lenses slipping off my face when I took my mask off and falling to the asphalt and bouncing with a sickening smack that only meant one thing - a trip to the optical store to replace a shattered lens! This will cost me five hundred dollars - Shit!!!! The weird part is to get the lens shattered but mostly stayed intact like car glass, which was different from my previous Zeiss lenses that turned into a cloud of shards - new and improved I guess?

I should push ahead with the web work but my heart isn’t into it yet. Then the TV series DVD set before the door closes in on that. This is just for me as I like DVDs and now Blurays.

The business stuff is just par for the game though. Stuff will happen to your business that you never counted on. It is true that plan as you will, the real test of your managerial abilities will be the unpredictable shit that happens out of the blue. It always works this way and I have thirty four years of business acumen to back that statement up.

For now I’ll just relax and wash the sports car as it’s sunny and warm - but with my luck I’ll probably find a new ding - it’s that kind of time now…..

I punching this out soaking in the tub. Now I get to find if I’m truly losing my hair…..

Post script: Doesn’t look like I’m losing my hair - Hurrah!!!!! I did a tiny trim a day before but didn’t think it would leave that much hair behind but I guess I was wrong, no hair in the tub today! I’ll take that over busted lenses any day - every man on earth will agree with me there….. So just make an appointment (yes appointment - Covid you know) pay the optical man and wait a month as these have to fly to Germany and back. The reason they fall off is because the loop around the ear masks pulls the ear lobe forward and so the earpieces just rest on the ears instead off being squished between ears and head. Thank you Covid! Funny thing is that even shattered, the optics looking out were still impressive! Hardly any refractive artifacts. Impressive tech but the lens is still smashed up….. Oh and as I was telling a guy about this as a one-eyed man, he was nevertheless impressed and wants to get a pair of these lenses for himself - go figure…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/UAxARJyaTEA.

https://youtu.be/zKgjahj-3qg
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I paid off the optician and started back to work on the back up board…..

I getting back into it after all that crappy news. Realize all my connections with Amazon are almost null with the exception of books. You would think contracting with one of the biggest most profitable corporations in the world would be a safe bet! Well that bet didn’t pan out…..

I don’t t have the time to get into it all now, but it is just depressing. This doesn’t affect our bottom line here like it would other businesses. However all that work I did setting it all up is now down the drain. Plus, I really don’t have anything cost effective to replace it. Mostly video is dead in the traditional sense. Now music is dying in the traditional sense. Things need to be recreated (advertising ?) - maybe we can have an impact there…..

Later…..

https://youtu.be/aqEL8bWjZ2g
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there’s this news:

Maurice Ali wrote:
FOF Records and More Vision to Offer Branding Services to Musicians and Broadcast Advertising for Events/Concerts and Festivals!

By Maurice Ali, President
FOF Records Inc. / More Vision Inc.

FOFSTOCK Music Festival!

The FOF Records Inc. label and the More Vision Inc. advertising company have teamed up to provide musicians and artists not only the traditional services of music publishing/copyright protection and distribution; but we are now offering branding services and broadcasting advertising for events/concerts and festivals! A more detailed look at the services these two established corporations can offer will soon be available. However, with branding becoming more important than copyright these days, we will now offer what the current and future musical market wants. Furthermore, with the loss of advertising to the internet, local radio, television and other local media now offer very affordable rates for advertising from established agencies like More Vision. So while musicians were previously locked out of the most effective advertising for their brand and events, this has now changed and can be yours! The media landscape keeps changing and we at FOF and More Vision will be there at the forefront of this changing media marketplace!

An advertising contract for FOFSTOCK with Corus Entertainment and its radio stations!

Sample advertising ad for FOFSTOCK on CFNY (Toronto):

https://fortressoffreedom.com/FOFStock_Ad_15sec.mp3

More news on these exciting services to follow!

https://fofrecords.com

https://morevision.ca

FOF RECORDS : CUTTING EDGE MUSIC!

MORE VISION: FOR ALL YOUR ADVERTISING NEEDS!

So that cat is now out of the bag now. And we are now moving on to branding and advertising for musicians in areas they never were before apart from the major labels. Our abilities in these areas are for real and we - More Vision - have ongoing contracts with the biggest media companies in Canada. I’ve been in advertising since the 1980s and all our TV productions, movie premieres, concerts and festivals, radio and TV network/streaming and promotion for all activities were handled by our advertising company quietly in the background. It won’t be quiet anymore…..

This announcement will go hand-in-hand with the advocacy and letter to Tim Cook about branding and their new policy that impacts it that we discovered with Tabitha’s material. A brand and musical influencers also have their place in today’s musical landscape, things are changing! So more of that will be revealed in the weeks ahead, suffice to say that the record label still has a reason to exist…..

What else?

I paid off the opticians and now I just wait. The board - or the second one - is now being worked on, but at a slower pace as there is simply too much going on right now, but the TV series DVD package has to be started this weekend so I can get that in before the deadline.

I’m at 100 percent capacity and this is diametrically opposed to that feeling that everything was dying down. What happened?

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/Kl3HVF8OT_g

https://youtu.be/5y4b-DEkIps
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weekend - again…..

I’m already more than halfway done on the last forum of the replacement board. The only question was whether to just knuckle down and finish it or do that and the TV series DVD at the same time. What I will do is both but on Sunday make sure the board is done so you don’t have to think about it for awhile. I’ll do the four DVDs on four different computers and link the videos and closed captioning. Then lock down the art work and make ISO files for all the discs and maybe tweak the last one for “extras”.

Other stuff is just the usual (nowadays) stuff for the family. I want to get the DVD TV series out of the way and then start up on the Global Social Contract and the Tim Cook letter.

The Mustang did its mensuration thing this morning. I thought that was too quick since the last big dump - but no, it’s about 30 days. Should I just go and repair it on my own “dime” as that is the only issue I ever had with this car - or wait for catastrophic failure under warranty? That is the question…..

I want to write more but I have to get started in the board again.

Later…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m down to the last 20 topics or so and then basically finished duplicating the original board on a second – but much more updated - board.

I’m going to hit the sack and finish it tomorrow. That was a grind but it is done. That old message board has a lot of my life on it, and the history of our little adventure. A lot of people come and go but I had to make sure it just didn’t disappear one day. I am glad I archived so many of those external links as they are now mostly gone. Important news stories from news organizations still around today but let them lapse because it’s the internet. This allows governments to hide bad behavior in the past. For example the Threadbare incident (and then protest) I first covered and got me into the journalist thing big time. Nobody wanted to cover brown people imprisoned up here in Canada – for no good reason – which is against our constitution. It took years to exonerate them and now – you can’t find anything on the net. But my articles are still there – and strangely can’t be goggled? So you see that is another reason to keep those old pages up even though it is 18 years old.

https://iaij.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5

The bottom line is that constitutions are worthless for the most part. If they want to break your door down they will. If they want to search your home they will. If they want to arrest you without cause they will. The constitution does not stop any of that. Only through a trial and years later will it be determined if the actions were against the constitution - and - possibly some compensation years after the fact. That is how it works where I live. So most of you live in this unrealistic reality where you think you have rights, but I have challenged our constitution in court three times and yes, after the fact, even if they think your rights were violated, they still do not act because they think the remedies are draconian (i.e. having a speeding ticket dropped and such). The reason they are draconian is because our rights are supposed to mean something! Anyway that was my experience. But since 99.9999999999999999% of you never challenged your rights vs. the system, then I stand on my real life experiences.....

I’ll start on the TV DVD series for Amazon tomorrow. But to get the new board populated is an achievement – even if it was a total bugger to do!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/yKf3oR5IjYw

https://youtu.be/7OWmfflAXsU
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the second board is finished. There are a few topics that need to be finished but I may just pdf them – or not – but they are minor and already started on the board but 99 percent of it is there or archived. So I will leave it for awhile…..

I did run into an interesting post back in 2004 and like the TV show quip I made about me making a speech on the floor of the General Assembly, we have it in print too:

I am lucky that I never said “General Assembly Hall”, so in fact that did happen on July 2, 2015 almost 11 years later. Of course I had to take a swipe at humanity calling everyone a coward basically. But it was a real ambition and it came true! As an aside I find it funny how idealistic I sounded back then. I really do come close to the Howard Roark guy in The Fountainhead, always sticking to principles. But unlike Ayn Rand’s “cardboard cutout” for her philosophy, I actually do believe in society in addition to individualism with each co-existing. But the reality is that a guy like Gary Copper had to have been drilling all sorts of women before he comes back to his true love. That is never shown in the movie. He just sort of lives alone like a hermit. Now that part was right in reality, but I’m not Gary Cooper! You get what you get and you got me in the flesh. Most women fantasize about their ideal man but what they want is simply incongruous with reality. A steadfastly idealistic individual is an anti-social creature, and good looking white men are trained from infancy to be social and conforming as things always go their way in this world. So why would a Gary Cooper guy want to be like me – he wouldn’t! Gary Cooper is just a character in a movie – an actor – who has a fear of heights and even the final shot 15 feet above ground was too much for him (you can see that grimace on his face – that is fear of heights).

In other news…..

I’m an old guy clutching desperately l to whatever drivel of youth I have left, and I’m so old it looks like I could get the AstraZeneca vaccine in the next three weeks. I don’t mind this one as it was developed and offered to the world for free from those folks at Oxford University so this is in line with my personal philosophy. Most old farts like me that I talked to aren’t exactly crazy about getting this shot as opposed to the Pfizer/Moderna shots that are more effective and currently protect against all variants. They have a point and I have my personal point. These vaccines come from India which also says a lot for some of these folk. I of course, have no hesitancy taking a vaccine made by brown people. So I’m curious about how much traffic this roll out will look like as opposed to the “better” vaccine a month from now. I’m almost sure I have been exposed many times to Covid 19 so rationally I should take the Pfizer as it will at least give me some protection from the variants like Brazil and South Africa. But I will stay on the philosophic endorsement of the “free” vaccination because actions matter. Now watch as all hell breaks loose and I miss out and get the Pfizer anyway in a month - that is how life works.

In the music…..

Michael Atkinson should have two singles coming out shortly so things are still happening music wise.

The TV Series DVD: I have sourced the proper video files and will get those proper closed captioning files for each show. Then source the Amazon artwork for the positive mandate and use that as my main screen. I’ll use the corporate logo screen for everything else. The key thing here is speed, so the videos up first then the extras like maybe an intro video by me and photos and the two shows we aired on Global Television and CTV. Maybe I can also sneak in the variety show but that is a large file, so maybe but maybe not.

If there is one thing that came out of this weekend is that I’m older than when I started and you just keep getting older. You can slow it down and you can’t go backward. You just ride the aging process and make your moves as best you can. I’ll keep trying as it was a sorry situation to see how few people are out there giving humanity options. Very disappointing, so I keep trying. The positive mandate is not my concoction - it is what humanity wants and its simple enough for everyone to understand. This is not an academic exercise - but just to give humanity what makes it happy and gives humanity guidance going forward. It’s not about me…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m working on multiple discs on multiple workstations. So I’m deep into the TV series DVDs and having to relearn stuff. Right now it’s chapters and I know what to to but there is a glitch there. It will get fixed and we just move on.

Also, I keep forgetting that we may have new people here, so here is the deal with big goals. I set the General Assembly speech as the one big (and at the time I thought an impossible goal) score I would never achieve and that would always give me something to aim for, to live for. Realistically I thought maybe we would get media accreditation and do something more than a tour of the UN, or in short be at the UN for a reason. So I stated the goal on our website here in 2004:

And then a few months later I - in a fit of insanity - decided to state it on the TV show which got broadcast nation-wide and into the northern New York State:

Click on this: https://IAIJ.com/IAIJ_Goals.wmv

That was the interview and later in the scrum I mention the General Assembly - it was unplanned:

Click on this: https://fortressoffreedom.com/General_Assembly_Speech.wmv

I had many snarky comments about that bit of fantasy - even though it came from a fantasy about a TV show I aired on one of Canada’s top TV networks on Channel 3 - but the fantasy was on the back of that other fantasy of airing a TV show on one of the largest TV networks by rank amateurs with no experience and edited on free software. Nobody had ever done that before in Canada and this was before Facebook and YouTube - it was a big deal and the networks were worried it would become common place. It didn’t as YouTube entered the scene. But the goal was out there and I owned it.

Click on this: https://youtu.be/T4Xf2Efb6_w

So to make that goal come true was a moment of validation - but it took 11 years. But what happens when you achieve the “impossible” goal? Well you continue to reach and over perform. Sooner or later it comes to an end - but is that now? Not if I have any say in it - but this is reality so nothing is for certain. Fiction can be whatever it wants but reality has limits and absolutes - the biggest being the limits and absolutes of time.

Here is something - some more reality on the Howard Roark character from The Fountainhead. And I get it - some of you don’t know the story, so I’ll post a link at the end. You have seen the years it took me to accomplish my goals in reality. So what about the fictional Howard Roark. So he gets kicked out of school in his early to mid-twenties. Works for Cameron and takes over when he retires. That’s 10 to 15 years till he retired but let’s say ten. Then works it for another five more years on his own, let’s say one year per project. He is now 40 when he declines that big commission and works in the rock quarry. Gets out within a year and designs the Enright building. Then the more sporadic designs and some success, so say five more years. And then the design fiasco that causes him to blow it up, then the wait for a trial and verdict. He is now in his late 40s or pushing 50. So no kids for him and - the now matronly- Dominic. And that is giving him every break in the years I could find! That is the reality as I see it. It takes years or even decades to do this stuff. That is reality…..

That explains some of the personal funk I had during the final duplicating those old web pages and posts. Reality takes time and you don’t get the years back. No happily ever after! For me my cards are played with no guarantees and no starting over. Everything has finality written all over the rest of my life. I trust this explains things.

Anyway enough on Rand and Roark. Many have strong opinions on both (just ask Adrienne Clarkson, who I met and talked about this and the idea of “society” at a UNESCO (Commission) AGM in Ottawa years ago - and she also knew and was a fan of Donald Brasseur, she even interviewed him at the CBC.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/diIdIBqlvag
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The malls opened yesterday and here is the procedure to enter a mall now:

1. Scan the e QR Code spaces six feet apart on the wall near to the entrance.

2. Open the questioner 
and say no to all questions. Submit and show the results to the guard who then allows you to enter.

3. 20 feet in is another guard who asked to see those results and then you are in the mall

4. I went to the Apple Store to buy a MagSafe charger. You wait in line and tell the Apple employee why you are there. They sent me to a guy outside the store who go a charger and paid contactless and they sent the receipt by email.

5. On my way out I’d figure I’d stoop by Starbucks. A line up like you wouldn’t believe , so I just left. I did walk into a department store where everyone seemed relieved to have a customer in this big and empty two floor mall (The Bay). And that was my visit to the mall…..

The only surprising thing was to hear this baby wailing away in the store. Normally this would aggravate me but it was so long ago that this was actually a treat!

Back home I hooked up the charger to the brick I bought months earlier and you do have to get a new brick as the charger is USB C. So they don’t supply a charger (USB C) on my 2300.00 phone to save the planet, but you have to buy this expensive puck charger and then buy the new charger to accept the USB C plug that Apple will not use for the iPhone’s Dara port. All this costs an extra 100.00 and has nothing to do with saving the planet.

So it works with my Otternox Commuter case on but the puck gets really hot so I stopped. Now I will try it with the case off and see how warm it gets. I will probably go back to wire charging but this was an itch I had to scratch. So I’ll probably put it all away later today. But it is amazing how you get hooked into the Apple system. I love the design of the products. I also like the support - you get hooked in. The iPhone 12 Pro Max is not a perfect phone (Touch ID would make it perfect - but watch it become useless with the exit of the pandemic this fall just in time for the new models). I have the phone, the watch, and AirPods and all their useful accessories. My PCs and laptops are all mostly Dell business class refurbished equipment for me and staff and that policy stays in place. Even now I’m fondling the iPhone, a heavy and substantial but beautiful glass and stainless steel phone. Really it’s an industrial work of art! This is the first phone in a long time I regularly take out of its case to use. And that is how Apple sucks you into its world…..

Your experience may vary but that is mine…..

As for works in progress: I’m close to burning the first ISO of the first two shows DVD and we will see have that shapes up!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/jedg-h-y-Ws
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep getting applications for membership at IAIJ and they keep submitting work that does not meet journalistic standards. Two so far for the day. I usually have them go to a festival and report on that but the pandemic put an end to that. So what I’ll try to do is to suggest they write about their experience in the pandemic and hopefully get a snapshot of experiences around the world archived. We shall see how that goes. So Huffington Post Canada has gone and dismissed all it’s staff, and this is on the back of the Bell reorganization that gutted many news centres in their radio stations. As this goes on IAIJ becomes more relevant as an association. But I have to keep the acceptance standards up which means submitted work that has some credibility. Anyway, we shall see how that goes.

My first ISO disc burn for the first two shows was a disaster and has to do with the buttons disappearing. I will correct this and see what happens there. At the same time I will make the disc two ISO image and see what horrors wait there. It will just keep getting better and better.

Veronica promoting FOF music!

Our offices around the world may turn into proper offices. I need one in Tokyo and in a pinch I could have sent Veronica on a vacation/business trip as an agent of FOF to scout and sign documents. But Covid has really screwed travel up. Tyler says he’s available in a pinch but I need someone permanently on the ground there and fluent so I’ll look for a journalist there that is into music and have he or she report on the entertainment scene and see if anything happens. Same for Africa/Nigeria where Tyrone visits regularly. May as well make a go at this as the offices can do many things at once - more value for the money involved…..

Veronica in Japan!

These are the things going through my mind right now. I wish I was younger and had more time but life is what it is. You young people: Realize we were all young once just like you and time snuck up on us faster than you think, but at least I’m better preserved than most and have a few extra years, but they are only a few extra years. Every year I’m “on ice” is a huge loss for me. Nobody can create time - it’s there and then it’s gone…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/tKZbHjy9GWM
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first disc is almost done. I have to fix a closed captioning issue and it could go like that. But I would also like to add an intro video by me that isn’t even shot yet - but that can wait till all discs are proper.

So due to a glitch in the system of vaccination a narrow age group I fit in can get the shot ahead of even people 65 to 80 - but this is a one time thing and only for 20 percent of that age group. This is like throwing a piece of meat on the ground and having 5 dogs all go after it! It’s the Astrazeneca vaccine that is not approved for those 65 and up, so they moved it down a category to where I am. The government is allowing pharmacists to do this like the flu shot as a test - but this now can allow for favouritism and such because many operations are pharmacist owned and not only big corps or government. All of us as tax payers have purchased the vaccines - BTW - so it should be fairly distributed. I have applied but so far been stymied while the usual suspects seem to be booked already - how did that happen? I’m not going to do a formal investigation as this sort of thing doesn’t surprise me and others will say it’s not just a black/white/brown thing but a “who do you know” thing and on and on.

I really debated in my head if I should say anything at all about this. But as I see fellow black and brown people going to work as essential workers and constantly putting their health on the line for others - well - someone has to put the issue on the record for posterity. I don’t think you can do anything about it as this is human nature. Plus, this may be a necessary evil to deal with as the pharmacies seem to be the best way to dole the vaccines out. However, the government through hospitals did it successfully this way:

Whatever, I will carry out my personal investigation and see what happens. Maybe after the “A” team is inoculated things will get fair - we shall see. Plus this particular shot has a tendency to cause blood clotting and sometimes embolisms 10 days after - who needs that! So this vaccine has a bit of a smell to it and maybe there will be more vaccine hesitancy in the coming days. I just wanted to say my bit and see how this goes…..

But it’s back to the DVDs, and I hope I have decent versions of all four discs for Monday as time is running out…..

https://youtu.be/hvVSwRqIAyw
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - IT’S VACCINATION DAY!

So Saturday starts off with my dad getting a Pfizer shot cause he’s over eighty. They do this at a hospital (Sunnybrook) and I had my sister take him in on the off chance they were also inoculating care providers (they were not).

That was the morning - now on to me…..

So I’m ranting and raving about the raw deal me and my coloured homies be getting with regard to vaccines. You can read it above and that was me holding back! So I was prepared to drop on the “vaccination sword” and not getting the opportunity to get a shot as the poster boy for second class exclusion from Covid 19 vaccinations. Then about there hours after posting that rant I get a drug store email telling me there may be some spots at this drug store in the Beaches. This was in the Beaches which is one of the most affluent upscale neighbourhoods in all of the Greater Toronto Area. I apply like the others expecting not to get it - and - I got it! How the hell did that happen? My sister was like: NO WAY! But there it was! Then an hour after that - I get a call from a drug store saying I can get a shot near my house. This was Friday afternoon and they offered me 9:00am Saturday (before all two weeks were booked instantly). I told them I could not make that - so - they offered 11:00am. Then I told them I was vaccinating my dad at 10:30am and figured that was it for me there. Then the guy says: “How about three or four in the afternoon?”

What the F**k man!?

So I took the four o’clock appointment and I’m now waiting for that. Look, a day before I was shut out of everything - let it rip on this blog, and I have the drug stores phoning me up making appointments at my convenience - what the hell changed? It did shut down my previous day’s rant as now the argument does not hold water anymore. See: I should have kept my mouth shut! Even if I declined the vaccine they still would say that they offered. I have been de-balled on this one issue…..

I should have kept a my mouth shut.

Now I’ve lost my cause and get a second rate vaccine in my arm to boot - you can’t even make this stuff up! I may go there and they tell me they ran out - then I’m back in baby! But I have this sneaky suspicion they would save one just for me. Some joker out there is probably laughing their head off reading this.

I should have kept my mouth shut…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the shot…..

Why Maurice - why do you always have to look so serious? Anyway, about the only thing this vaccine gives me is the knowledge that I won’t die of Covid 19 and probably not end up in the hospital. However the chance (good chance) that I got Covid before Covid supposedly first came to Canada, plus the 100,000 contacts with Covid over the last year, makes this the correct shot for me. They actually say that for jokers like me a single shot of the AstraZeneca is good enough as is. We shall see but the only guaranteed take away from this is that I should stay around to continue advocacy for a better future for humanity. This is good news as if I got taken out (i.e. died) who do you have to replace me? Like me or hate me who do you know has the slightest chance of provoking any change - who else…..

Maurice at 60!

I was sure I would be able to work on the DVDs today - but all the hassle today has me tired. So I’ll just take it easy tonight and go to bed early. Actually I don’t look like a man in his 60s. The pharmacist had to confirm my age before giving me the shot and a younger guy was shocked and said “No Way!” when I told him I was getting vaccinated cause I’m over 60 (like my sister, saying “No Way!” (She’s much younger than me) seems to really mean shock). I’ll hit the wall soon enough - and it won’t be pretty. May as well hit the sack early as the clocks go forward tonight due to daylight saving time. So a vaccination day it was - in the end…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/lQwJQkEh2QY

https://youtu.be/kt6HN-uw5X4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 338, 339, 340 ... 415, 416, 417  Next
Page 339 of 417

Jump to: