Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 335, 336, 337 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit late but Syse’s album “Black Fire Diaries” is released:

Shane Murphy wrote:
Syse's Album Black Fire Diaries Released!

By Shane Murphy, FOF Inc. / FOF Records Inc.

Syse's album on Spotify!

The Fortress of Freedom Corporation and FOF Records Inc. have officially released Syse's debut album Black Fire Diaries! What follows are some of the digital and CD stores you will soon be able to buy/stream the album from:

iTunes. Apple Music, SimfyAfrica, YouTube Art Tracks, Spotify, Amazon Music, Google Play, Deezer, iHeartRadio, Napster, MediaNet, VerveLife, Tidal, Gracenote, Shazam, 7 Digital, Juke, Slacker, KKBox, Akazoo, Anghami, Spinlet, Neurotic Media, Yandex, Target Music, Claromusica, Zvooq, Saavn, 8Tracks, Q.Sic, Musicload, Kuack, Boomplay Music, TikTok, Pandora (but they decide if you are worthy), Amazon On Demand (CDs).

You can buy the album right now from iTunes or stream it on all the popular streaming sites like Spotify or Tidal or Apple Music.

So all of us at FOF, congratulations to Syse for a great album and we all wish Syse continued success as his music gets out there!

https://syse.ca

https://fofrecords.com

FOF RECORDS: CUTTING EDGE MUSIC!

A bit late as it appeared just after yesterday’s post. At the time of the post it was in iTunes but nowhere else, generally we wait until it shows up on Spotify and now it has. I bought it from Tunes and then streamed it in my car from Spotify and all is good! Check it out if you are into Hip Hoo/Rap - it’s definitely a cut above!

Next up is the reboot of Tabitha’s album under her new name “Rudegal Tab” and with new music added. I believe the new title will be “Lies”. This will be the fifth project from this fall and is a bit of a record for music production at the label, all due to Covid 19.....

Like everyone around me I’m in this depressed funk with all the Covid 19 restrictions and mutations maybe messing up a quick recovery back to normal. Advocacy is off the table. In the music, live performances are off the table. We tapped out all of our video and basically I’m presently burned out with regard to video. Maybe a music video next summer to wean myself back. But it’s a bit depressing. You do things like spend the advocacy money upgrading things that need upgrading. I bought the new iPhone and thankfully there are no issues for early adopters, everything works fine. Of course even now they are talking about the next iPhone but that is the nature of the beast. I even - finally - got my second pair of glasses. These are expensive and I kept putting it off but seven years was too long! But that is also out of the way. I’m even paying down on things I was happy to leave static. We stayed that way for almost ten years doing things but never going further into hock. Now I’m actually paying that down. So to those that voiced concerns about the money involved at the beginning - we held our own for a decade and now paying off the original outlay for it all. That part seems to have worked out for me.

There is no correct blueprint for what I am doing. And there is no measuring stick as to how effective what I’m doing will be. I am simply disseminating ideas on the world stage for others to use and run with as I can’t do it alone. It took 13 years but in the end I built a machine to take ideas and disseminates it quickly. No going to a publisher to get the book recognized as we are a publisher and distributor and could incorporated it into TV and movie entertainment and even music, and then formally disseminate it at the vortex of influence and power. That is a huge advantage for creativity! But even so, I’m in this funk - go figure.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/V6CLumsir34
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next up at FOF Records is the Rudegal Tab album to be called Lies.

Rudegal Tab: Lies!

This will not take too long but certainly we should have it out by the first week of February. Still looking for that elusive death metal act with a female growler that can really scream!

Advocacy at the World Trade Organization!

I will have some time of in February which would have been a trip to the UN and other things New York - but not this year. So I’ll concentrate on an in-depth report on the Global Social Contract and it’s adjuncts being the Worldwide Vote and the Positive Mandate for Humanity. When completed FOF will publish it in the upcoming edition of The Fortess and that should set the stage for advocacy at the international level. My guess is that the UN in New York may have had its fill of me and my ideas but we will give it one last try and also go to places like the UN, WTO, ITU in Geneva. The World Bank and IMF in Washington. Use our access to the fullest as the pandemic showed how precarious these plans can be!

The United Nations in Geneva!

As a philosopher I wish to give humanity that global option, identity and governance to act as one on issues of interest to all. Advances in communication have made access to the rest of the world far smaller than even 50 years ago. We have to change the way the world operates and while that change won’t happen overnight - it will have to happen! My vision for the future of humanity has some good ideas behind it. The strength is not just saying we need the idea of a global social contract - but that we have a unifying concept for humanity and global governance to make decisions by individuals - but for all on earth - and the global social contract ties it all together! Someone has to disseminate these ideas on the world stage and they may laugh, but ideas initially laughed at have a habit of becoming flesh in the end. Plus, I have a thick skin.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/gakVMC-Y_Zk
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m doing a short history of the global social contract. This is certainly not a new idea but new in that I have a unifying idea/concept/philosophy called the Positive Mandate for Humanity and a realistic form of governance through the worldwide vote through smartphones. Not just talk on both counts - but real “turn key” solutions!

Most people are still ensconced in their country’s location, culture, traditions and governance - so - why should they embrace something outside if there is nothing to embrace? Enter the Positive Mandate for Humanity which states the best path for humanity based on empirical evidence and experience as shown in The Fortress Experiment. The ability to become whatever you want to become, date and marry who every you want to date and marry, etc. and so on as dictated by the free expression that is the positive mandate. And if you buy into that ideal for yourself - you have to buy into it for all! That is the unifying concept and a reason to embrace this global social contract which is a true expression of the golden rule! But if people embrace this universal concept, how can they do the necessary governance at the global level outside of their traditional countries - the worldwide vote through smartphones is the answer! And I feel the best place for this to happen so at the United Nations.

All of this will be expanded in the in-depth report I have already started working on. I figure my chances are better than most of my predecessors as I already have all the bits and pieces necessary to make it work , and the access or influence. Social contracts and global governance are old ideas but I have the “turn key” solutions that didn’t exist before. The Positive Mandate is a more proprietary philosophy, expanding not only to all of humanity but to any being we would call intelligent and sentient, it’s the best we have right now!

We shall see how it goes. As always my mission is to disseminate first and have it spread like a virus from the top down. As we have progressed I have taken a more provocative role in helping develop things but the core objectives remain intact: Make the plays.....

Also, I’ve been looking for a logo for the “A Global Citizen” website. I think I will try a variation of the FOF trademarked logo (originally penned by Pet Serrano) with the longitudinally and latitudinal lines of the globe, but with a vertical AGC on the side. We’ll give that a try first.....

https://aglobalcitizen.net

Oh, and I’ve started tweeting again at: @Maurice_Ali

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/B48xIcvgzYM
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A busy Thursday morning…..

I have started another website called:

http://aglobalsociety.org

This would be the companion website to the global citizen website. One looks at the individual perspective and the other looks at the global society perspective. While the citizen thinks about self-expression and his commitment to the well being of everyone else, the global society is the overall structure and organization of the world as it related to everyone in it regardless of location and circumstance. So I made the new website and registered the .org and .net domains. It’s still a work in progress but things are ramping up for a return to advocacy!

And really you just trundle alone with things. I have to wash the car, and then give my dad a haircut and do all those things people my age do. And – don’t forget about the music production. It’s manageable but a full day. Only time will tell if all that advocacy works out, but after Covid 19 – time will be in short supply and shelving things mean they may be shelved permanently. So you just keep at it!

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need a bit of a break..... But we do have a new website up and running - and encrypted:

Jessica King wrote:
Aglobalsciety.org

By Jessica King

A Global Society Logo!

Our advocacy. now has a new website Aglobalsociety.org! This will be a companion website to AGlobalcitizen.net. You can access the new website here:

https://aglobalsociety.org

So from all of us at FOF, we wish all the best with our new website!

FORTRESS OF FREEDOM: BRINGING THE MASS MEDIA TO THE MASSES!

I have all the bits and pieces except the in-depth report, but it looks like a big bow is now on top of the advocacy. There is a plethora of orgs using global and citizen and society; but I would posit that I and my advocacy are the most provocative and dangerous to the status quo. New ideas are always a threat to how things are normally done but if they are positive to humanity - then - humanity should be allowed to develop.

The good news to the current governance is that this will take decades at the earliest, so while I am a big threat, I am also harmless in the short term. So I can actually voice my ideas at places at the UN and so on. Some parts like the vote are getting some push back but I have the answer to that if they keep listening. You all can criticize but I do have a chance, and I intend to take it and make the play - you only live once. The same sureness, arrogance, and balls that got me this far will take me to the conclusion, which may not be a win, but will be a play that had a chance. These are uncertain times - a pandemic - and thus a perfect storm for change. An outsider like me would normally never get to the places that matter because of my social standing, but upend the normal operation of the world with a pandemic - and anything can happen! I love it.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/uPqJ76xqfwc
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever wondered what gives me the moxie to try to change humanity.....

The answer is: Perspective!

From your perspective humanity is “you”, it’s all around you and you couldn’t imagine being without it as you are a part of it. You see humanity as infinite as in no matter where you went or how fast or how long you travel - you would still be human and there would still be humanity.

I was always on the outside of humanity, as in that was the isolated way I grew up. It was always me and them. Man vs. society - or - man against humanity. For me humanity is not infinite, as it has width and height and volume, etc. - and those dimensions can vary over time. Humanity can be as large as the earth with you treading on a small part of it - or it could be the size of a marble you roll between your index finger and thumb. Where is humanity? - It’s ten feet to my left wedged between that table and TV set - sort is like that. Because for me it is not infinite, it is finite and can be manipulated like any other object. That manipulation is what I am up to now.

When you make a new constitution for a state, the person or people who pen that document are on the outside creating it. Once created the people on the inside are bound by it - as in it sets the boundaries - by that constitution and so they can’t change it the way an outsider can. Similar to how I can come up with ideas - quite radical ideas - and try to change humanity. Easy for me as I’m on the outside and I hope that clarifies why things are the way they are and how rare it is to get new ideas for change in something like humanity. Then you have to have an all encompassing idea humanity can buy into as opposed to the status quo - there is always that but we have the Positive Mandate for Humanity. So it’s an adventure and everything is in flux.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/qQGerZE3bhs
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So from a rather fantastical post - but true - to reality that is Saturday.

Saturday had a birthday party for my sister Covid 19 style. This included a Zoom call to my other sister with her son changing backgrounds and making himself appear and disappear on the screen - too funny!

One thing I noticed this week was with our Governor General who resigned this week. I don’t care about the politics and circumstances, but just note that in her resignation letter she mentioned she now has the much needed time to care for her father. This is a women that went into space and then was the Queen’s representative - and yet still had everyday issues we all have with family. It just goes to show that no matter where life takes you - you can’t escape regular life. Same with me, you want a completely free hand and it isn’t going to happen. To make matters worse, those around you who have that free hand meet worse fates as in they either died quickly or have serious chronic illnesses. You can’t even make this stuff up.....

So you work around the restrictions best you can, but make the plays. You will always have problems no matter how rich you are. The richest just have more expensive cars that cost more to repair - but they still can end up on the highway waiting for a tow. Speaking of which, the reliable Mustang has now survived dry -12 degree starts without the usual starting noises that used to freak me out. Changing to a Mobil 1 0W20 weight oil did it! So now the only gripe is the monthly rad fluid “mensuration” with the car. That happened yesterday and now things are back to dry. I’m just going to roll with the issue as everything else is totally reliable. Coming up on four years - that can’t last forever but this car has surprised me!

But shit happens no matter what your circumstances. All sorts of smart people were not smart enough to have foreseen a pandemic. Many are ruined for life so I temper my distain for our situation with advocacy coming to a screeching halt by that fact. It sucks to have this delay just after our success with the Positive Mandate in 2019. It sucks to just talk about action instead of making things happen. Saving money is not something to be proud of in my universe as it just means wasted time. Being dynamic and pushing your will for change is the thing. However, the fate of the world has other ideas and everything’s on hold. All those NGOs who took the gamble on this year’s Commission for Social Development got the bad news a few days ago, I do feel for them.

Mostly the whole world is like this - everyone on hold. Just imagine the incredible waste of time among almost 8 billion people. So self-pity makes no sense as all are under the same conditions. Even the beautiful people are impacted. You can’t go to the mall, and strutting around in old clothing gets tired. Even buying new but stuck in the house is old. They do what I did and buy the iPhone Pro Max as there is nothing else to do. Everyone in the same situation regardless of circumstance - a deadly virus can do that.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/GWGbOjlJDkU
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quiet Sunday, but I did think about putting out a book of poetry. I actually have book length works that haven’t been published. Rather personal stuff and that’s why. But I could put out something that doesn’t fit in with this experiment blog.

Call it cancel culture meets Maurice Ali, call it boredom, traffic is down and gives me the opportunity to jump ship and do something else. But I have too much invested in this particular adventure anyway so it probably should keep going even if it comes down to just friends catching up on things. If you wanted a man that was dynamic enough to change the world - I’m the best you will get - unfortunately. I’ve worked the years and at best you get me at my age. Be thankful I feel and look much younger than the numbers suggest. At least I don’t look old making my plays to hopefully change the world in some way. I don’t feel old - but all people will see is a number. But the reality is that I am the best you will get. This is what you get: Me..... It took 18 years to get here and we are not finished yet. Add that up to my age after university. Me at the youngest would be 42 years. But I tried that back in the day and with all my creative skills - I just could not do it....

That would have put me at 44 or 45 (if I could have done it with the couple of years learning the business practical stuff) which would have been doable for general attractive consumption. But I also had to try out marriage and that family thing that at the time was one of my prime directives. All told that took about 7 years (dating-marriage-divorce) which puts me at 52. 52 is really stretching it for the younger women. But a university education would not have been enough as I had to be taught how society works by finding my identity on the fringes of society and doing a bit of government lobbying to actually see how governance works. That took another 5 years so 57. So, if I had cut everything to the bone I could have had an extra two years more advocacy before Covid 19 hit. In the end that would have been huge for me but meaningless for someone looking at me as a possible relationship. In the end that is the allure of following this - it’s not just about the philosophical arguments. Depending on your sexual bent it’s either an intellectual play, or a much rounded adventure of a hard up guy opening up to you in a real but interesting back drop.

This is the hard reality of wanting something you can’t get. The man you want is not the man you want until he proves himself to be worthy, and by that time he’s an old man. By then he is also community property. With no family of his own the stakes are exactly one’s life for a chance to change things - that is what it comes down to. Lives being what they are, usually amount to nothing anyway, so no loss for society if my philosophy turns out to be nothing. In the end reality is the hard surface and parents, friends and other family become dependent on you or just get old and start dying off. You keep going forward with more responsibilities but with your health and the advocacy continues. It was much easier years ago with your parents still vital, helping you here and there and you having a free hand to do whatever you want. Now those people are getting old on you, they don’t mean to be a bother but time can’t be turned back. Everyone has an expiration date including me.

Perhaps this rant gives you some insight into how things are with me at this moment. The pandemic messed things up for me but the core objectives were reached in 2019. That was the deal I reached “metaphorically” with The Fates. I got what I wanted back then - but then you want more. Is that more worth a daily read? During a pandemic with everything closed - maybe, but maybe not.....

Me, Shane and Ryan at the real office!

In other news is our head office move this week. That is our official head office, the real office is one floor of my house. Shane posted the photo on Facebook today from maybe three or four years ago (judging from The Lox poster)? Things were really happening then, hopefully things will get back to normal soon. Time is running out.

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, Monday was depressing.

Looks like everyone is depressed lately. For me you always have this cloud in the back of your mind that the best days are over and things are winding down. I did get what I wanted but then you always want more and that can get you in trouble or depressed. Success is like a drug, you can get hooked or even become a junkie.

Take YouTube for example, and almost everyone has taken a hit with some losing as much as sixty percent of their income during the pandemic even though viewership is up! How can that be you ask? It’s complicated but real and the reason why you see so many in video sponsorships to try to make up for the loss. Most stay quiet about their misfortunes but everyone has this dark foreboding cloud around them. Go to Starbucks and people are worried about the store closing. It’s all over the place - this mass depression of sorts.

So I was a bit depressed and questioning everything I was doing. What am I doing?

Rudegal Tab cover is still changing!

Fist is finalizing Rudegal Tab’s album artwork and getting her music back out there! I finished the move to our new address yesterday - so even in the depressed funk - I was able to do that. Others in the music industry call me up bored and depressed and wanting to do things. So I’m polishing up our social media accounts. I have many usually for artists and the corporations and other ancillary companies. Right now I’m working on the Twitter accounts - all 13 of them, yes, thirteen!

Our new office at 7030 Woodbine (Suite 500)

I don’t even want to think about it. Mulch more work to do so maybe the cure for depression is not so much a cure for Covid 19 but keeping active and not getting depressed (as in just quietly thinking about things that get you depressed)? No: The cure is a cure for the pandemic - just keeping it real.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another day.....

Rudegal Tab cover art finalized!

We finalized the cover art for Rudegal Tab album called “Lies”. I’ll confirm the track list and such later today and then just put it out there!

I actually videotaped the Koch rejection email back in the day!

While on the music, one reason I keep the label going is because the indie music scene - or industry - is now truly pathetic and needs some structured support. No, I’m not talking about a return to large indie labels like Koch Entertainment (who actually considered our early stuff back in the day as they had an office and warehouse in Toronto). But I do believe the indie music scene needs advocates to pitch to the media industry. FOF and IAIJ would seem purpose built to the is kind of advocacy, plus the indie music scene naturally fits in with our overall initiatives with the Positive Mandate for Humanity.

Like Fortress of Freedom, I already have the .org now and can set up a spot on the web for it. A Facebook page and Instagram or even TikTok account would seem to do but as you can see, social media is now wielding a heavy had at deletion of accounts at their own discretion so you need one place they can’t touch, or influence people because they have the means to delete them. Forget about current events, this has always been the case with me, I enter a community and get banned because I speak my mind. These days they do it quietly in the middle of the night, but whatever - their rules and their website - we now have our own!

I’ll set that thing up on the weekend after I take care of Rudegal Tab. You may say I have too many websites, and there will be a cull - but not yet. I do find it funny that all those other FOF Records organizations can’t even pony up a few bucks for a website or even a domain name. You are at the mercy of the social media overlords - and since the internet is open to all for the most part - it doesn’t have to be that way; all you have to do is not take the lazy way out.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One busy insane day…..

There is too much to get into right now but a couple of things. First is that we have finished production of Tab’s second album “Lies” and is ready to be sent to distribution. Rebooting an artist under a different stage name is more complicated than it looks. New website and getting her into search engines and all the rest. Secondly is the car problem, which turned out to not be car problems but still costs me money, just like the first dealer warrantee debacle – more tonight! The other stuff is just the general despair and depression or mass depression due to Covid 19…..

More on all of this later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Message board here shutting down soon!

Yes, this has been in the works for over a year but I wanted things to die down here and then make the move. As traffic is slow as molasses right now, so it is time to move away from this 18 year old board to a modern one!

I will try to make things look the same with the same sub-forums. The links on the page two HTML page will still point to the old business articles. My blog will still be there in its entirety until the move and a notice and link will be there at the end. All of the articles will stay at the old board but the new articles will start at the new board. This has to be done now as the forums here are starting to get twitchy. We may move everything over to the new board in time and archive my blog as a long PDF file or even turn it into a book about the experiment.

But it’s time to move.

I will keep posting here until we move and then just continue from there. It will be sad to leave this old board. Much of my active life is here in all these pages. But it is time to upgrade - the end of an era and the end - possibly - of the experiment.

Things change.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll soon be taking a break from music production and concentrating of possibly starting our own “in-house” aggravate/distribution service. For now new releases are distributed on top tier (and expensive) aggregators to almost all download and streaming services. But the older titles reside as crappy MP3s in freebie aggregators. So we may upgrade the quality by distributing it a-z on our own. The trade off is that they will just be in a few of the major players. But we already took away CD production from the aggregators and now we should expand into digital.

Yes, it’s true and we are moving to our future forum here:

https://fortressoffreedom.com/phpBB3

This will run along side the old 18 year old forum located here:

https://fortressoffreedom.com/phpBB2

So the forums have naturally different urls and you can switch at will. Why switch? Mainly because the present forum is old and out of date and starting to fall apart. Sooner or later the php version on the server will be retired. Database rot will break something vital, etc.

With that in mind we have created a newer version that came to being back in 2019. We will update it to the current version before we leave this forum. So, the old forum will literally be an archive for The Fortress Experiment! It’s a great story and real. We are so used to the fantasy lives on commercial video that we forget what it it like to leave a run of the mill - everyone - existence and make the biggest plays you could make! It’s all there, almost 18 years of my life! It’s just an archive just in case something big happens they will have its history in real time. I don’t make money off of views here, if interested then check in but it’s just a blog where I try improbable things and keep talking myself up so I won't quit. Yes, if you really go down the humility and self-deprecating road you will quit, so I have a bit more patience for those who achieve and have insufferable egos, the harder their background the bigger the egos but it would have to be for they are bucking the trend.....

I’m sorry I got old on you too.....

Funny thing is that I don’t feel old, people tell me I don’t look old and are genuinely surprised when they find out my real age. If that is an issue for you then you probably won’t find anyone more attractive than me who started with nothing and then tried to change things on a global scale. True you could get a twenty something to take over and get better optics that way but he just joined an established organization or movement. If you want the real deal, the visionaries and world shaper’s then by the time you notice them they will have a few miles on the odometer. This - here - is not a movie or TV show, this is real life and real life has absolutes and time is one of them. Do you want the real thing - or a good looking facsimile with none of the talent or drive? Do you want to follow the real story with triumphs and issues like the pandemic, or a polished book of fiction dished out in pieces online?

My adventure is real and while it may slow down for very good reasons? It is nevertheless real and rare and I will keep trying to make those plays to make life better for all.

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too - too much going on today.....

We basically now have 50 websites going on as of this moment with three message boards. Too much going on. Anyway more later.....

https://fofrecords.org

The advocacy in the e music industry has already has started. Love what’s happening with the stock market.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/4V5Q9Fj-LtA
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the “Coles Notes” of what has been going on.

First was saying goodbye to the receptionist at my old address on Friday. Ten years there and ten years knowing all of the folks there also. A decade is a good chunk of your life so that was a bit of a sad moment.

I’m setting up the FOF Records Advocacy site at;

https://fofrecords.org

Our fist advocacy moment came when Apple changed a policy that forbids changing a stage name for previously released songs by the same artist. So we wanted to re-release a previous album but under a new name (Rudegal Tab) but the new policy (now being followed on other platforms) would forbid this. The end result is that artist branding is severely restricted and these days, branding is more important than copyright. So this will be the first issue for the FOF Records advocacy site. The new album will be under “Tabitha” as we can’t rename it. It’s totally legal to do it – but this is an internal policy change at Apple and as usual now everyone apes it - and this is what happens when you rely on a few players to get your music out. This was not planned but just conveniently happened. It’s still a serious pain in the ass for artists and their brand though. Not the high point on the weekend for us here.

For Sunday we have my father’s birthday (88 years old) and so apart from paying bills and such that would be Sunday. It’s funny that you look forward to the weekend and then sleep through most of Saturday and then Sunday gets taken up with things and you end up with a weekend that just flew by you without real time spent relaxing at all – and no I don’t call "sleeping in" the same as relaxing…..

Later…..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 335, 336, 337 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 336 of 416

Jump to: