Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 327, 328, 329 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That turned out better than expected.....

With Prime Video I got some help with search engines and suggestions and got original viewers to the first show measured in thousands. For YouTube you don’t have that initially so I ingratiated myself on social platforms that I don’t really use and got it out to maybe 32 people and so far we have like 17 so better than 50% penetration which is really good considering nobody knows it exists yet. You readers here don’t count as we get maybe 2,000 unique visitors here to this blog every day, but nobody clicks on links to any measurable amount.

So I figured on three views and got a lot more. You keep at it and see what happens next week and on and on. This is just for fun and and there are eight episodes left and maybe I’ll throw in the original Fortress TV Show in there complete with my five minute long rant that still holds even more truth in the passage of time.

It is true - there was never - ever a show like that broadcast on Global TV (Channel 3) even to this day! Absolutely no regrets on that on! Will to power.....

Now, the material is two years old and people desperately wanting to watch saw it in the States already. We are looking for new viewers and a platform for advocacy - thus YouTube and starting over from scratch. Next week is a video on making a world class album at Metalworks here in Toronto. Not much of me going forward so the shows are no longer some ego fest on my part. The participants take the stage!

Also, when you watch the first show remember this took place before YouTube, Facebook or streaming services. Our ideas on citizen internet based journalism were being created from scratch. Our streaming videos from FOF happened before YouTube. It was an exciting time. Making and distributing our first newspaper was a defining moment of my life back then. Please don’t look at it with present day eyes. Getting a home made show on Global TV was almost history making and Global feared this would become the norm. It didn’t and the threat disappeared with video platforms like YouTube but the fear was there. The quality control veteran at Global TV refused to approve the show, but with our free speech arguments to Global we won out. He never did approve it, as he took a vacation and one of his underlings passed it for broadcast. You can’t make this stuff up!

So watching the preview count down and the show was like time travel in the first five minutes. 15 years in five minutes. When you look at our original SD footage - that was state of the art in 2004. High definition and 16X9 didn’t exist back then! If you watch the episodes you will actually see the video techniques get better before your eyes, because it was all real and self-shot!

Not staged as I actually took Apocalypse Now out to check out my movie!

TV reality shows are all scripted and they claim “reality” because the reactions to the scripted situations are real. We never did that, it was all real from the get go! Man what a trip! Anyway I’ll wait another day for the DVD stuff.

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/7k5cEzDL0FM
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the week in review.....

Success on YouTube! Out of 32 requests we got 23 views which is two thirds penetration. The total number does not matter but how many of those actually looked from our sample! Now we scale up. Remember I said I wanted the big markets like India (1.2 billion), but Amazon would not let me go there on its platform. So we go to YouTube, but how do we create a buzz to start interest over there? Totally with the blessings of YouTube if you do it right - for example through Google AdSense as play through or skipable ads. I do this through the More Vision advertising company as we can do this for others when we get some experience with this. We tried Facebook advertising which was worthless for the movie premiere but real radio advertising got people in the door as I asked them!

Mumbai Skyline!

So I want to get media penetration in India which could work out for me. It’s a series about a brown guy like them subjugated in the White Man’s world and making a go of it alone and succeeding. It stands a chance over there, plus the positive mandate idea has some traction especially the stuff about marrying who you want, and mobility within society, if any of you know how things are there. So this is how I intend to enter the East Asian market. More Vision, our advertising company, will do this and we shall see if I get scammed or if things happen. This is all totally legal at YouTube as they are human views and not bots that are easily detected. I am not looking for numbers but humans viewing the series so it is all legal and above board and why I am upfront about it here. I want human views in India and other Asian countries – that is why I am at YouTube. I need to spread the word that is the positive mandate and get it out there!

Anyway that is all about the series. Whatever happened to Netflix? Nothing, everyone is waiting. They can wait – I have more important things to do.....

In other news.....

I tuned 61 last week and it sucked. No birthday really, no cards not even a happy birthday song when I think back. But for some reason I did feel old this past week, so there was always that. I did start to ever so slightly think about the future of all this and how to slowly prepare everything for retirement or succession. Some of it just keeps going guns like the advocacy, but other stuff – while not closing shop which is something I never do – will be scaled back. Video production will take the hit as we did everything we wanted to do. The only thing now is an opportunistic documentary or a slightly above vanity project from some screen play and shot with whatever equipment we have. But the future of film making is bleak as everyone is into it now. The music is similarly saturated. Books – who writes books anymore? But I wanted this and promoted this, as this is part of the positive mandate. So success in the positive mandate spells doom for our companies and their future products – how about that for reality! But it is a good thing, freedom of expression in all its forms. But we did our part and things get scaled back a bit.

Yes I sent stacks of our newspaper to England in the beginning!

They get scaled back but become creatures of opportunity. One next step is to stream our material on our own platform. That is the future and probably the long term death knell for the current setup in the industry. People will simply stream their own material from their own platforms. This again is great for the positive mandate idea. You don’t need to alter your creativity to the terms and conditions of some streaming service because you stream it yourself. There is no place for idol makers anymore as the media world is too vast and flat for that kind of control. The orgs here become this museum of sorts of the experiment and what they were used for to get the positive mandate idea out there. Take for example The Fortress Newspaper. It used to be a real paper newspaper. Now it is just a yearly thing with stuff and happenings in the organization. We have a website for it that really should be devoted to it all and available there, but the best days are gone. Same with the video, with the best days gone. The music still goes and I am curious as to what happens with some of the current material. But after the present projects, we will scale it back a bit and keep that going. The only thing that can grow is the advertising company called More Vision. That is something for retirement but an advertising company for the present world online which is different from the traditional broadcast and print world. There actually is an open future at More Vision Inc. but the others seem like affectations to the past.

Goodnight.....

If you haven't seen it - Episode 1 of the Positive Mandate for Humanity:

https://youtu.be/8S3vogZ3rEc
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.....

So far doing things the proper way has not increased the view count for the TV series at all. This reminds me of Facebook where I paid 15 bucks and really just ended up giving the money away. The radio ads cost me a little over 200 bucks at the U of T radio station where the kids could go down to the College Street Theatre and see a movie for free – that worked and actually got bums in the seats in the theatre. I even got emails and phone calls about the movie ahead of the premiere from people asking about it. So as much as I said Radio and TV is going out of style, internet advertising has yet to prove itself to me personally. Google owns YouTube and who is to say the clicks are real or that whatever views you get are real. I know the radio ads were real as there was a group of young people across the street from the theatre and I went and asked them if they were for the movie premiere because of the radio ads or the Now Magazine paper advertisement – you don’t get that from internet based advertising.

We are there on the lower left on Saturday!

So while I wait for little to happen, what else is happening? Well the Lucifari album is almost finished and only has to go in for mastering and final artwork. The DVDs of the media on demand at Amazon blew me away so we will go that route for those old school people who want physical CDs and full resolution files. Most millennials will only play these on an older cars from 2017 or older or a computer or laptop with a disc drive. They are still relevant but waning. The DVD and Blurays should play them and I should check it out. If you have Atmos or Dolby playing a CD should actually be an experience! I’ll check it out with my humble Bluray stand alone player later. The Brawlers is also almost ready for mastering so two coming out very soon!

Since scaling back video production, I will keep all the equipment going forward. Mostly old aluminum stands and outdated cameras and some boom mic equipment and some reflectors and some backdrops. I always like taking studio photos of women back in the day and maybe will get back into it just for fun and maybe some really creative photography at interesting locations when we have the time. I still have my AVID editor so we can still shoot real projects and get them to anyone in the resolution they want. It’s all still there and active.

We may go back to a real paper newspaper if there is material and interest out there. Just for fun and even a travel log of delivering the papers like back in the day. The universities still have racks but they disappearing so this is no on-going thing but maybe one last one of two issues. Our past issues in the newspaper box in the reception area are not yellow yet as my newspaper only uses first class paper. But a more exciting, real visually interesting Fortress Newspaper would be fun!

What I am the saying: Revolutions eat their own. In our case the revolution made our accomplishments irrelevant. That paper newspaper standing beside the big national newspapers. The shows on network TV. The radio play of our artists. Our books in a library and such. All affectations of the past but in their time heralded the general public in those mediums! As stated before our success has made us irrelevant. It is still hard to get on TV but nobody tries because it is too easy to scratch the video itch on the internet. Why spend thousands on newsprint that gets thrown out by people a day or two later when you can be on the net and have the stuff there literally forever and for free? Who physically prints books when you can share them via eBooks? Our success has rendered our accomplishments irrelevant.....

Dan at Metalworks!

But times change and we change with them especially as we were the ones asking for the change. Our accomplishments are history and are part of the history of the analogue to digital revolution. You can actually see that change in the TV series as it’s all there in every way! For example the second episode coming up this Saturday has Dan going to Metalworks to produce an album and that cost me over 15,000 dollars back in 2005. Hard to believe you would spend that kind of money today, but back then it was par for the course. You actually made money back then believe it or not. But not anymore, again an affectation to the past. Still is a good doco as it shows you how music is made, but not just on a computer but in the real legendary studios that were a part of the heyday of music back in the day! It just isn’t the same today because people do it at home or in makeshift studios which just isn’t the same thing. Don’t believe me – then watch episode 2.....

Here is a teaser, something you never see. Dan laying down a guitar track virtually in one take:

https://fofentertainment.com/Dan_Guitar_Solo.m4v

Goodnight.....

If you haven't seen it - Episode 1 of the Positive Mandate for Humanity:

Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I told you how I was scaling video back yesterday, it seems I have to eat my words a day later.....

It starts with the IMDB status we got last week. I only wanted it to put our trailers on our movies and shows as a banner on our IMDB pages just like the big shot studios. That already has started to happen but I then found out we can put movies and episodes, shorts and features of all types also on the pages. This is huge as IMDB has IMDB TV - but like Prime - only in the States. But I can get around this and stream directly from IMDB servers with our new status to anywhere in the world! So soon all our productions will have videos available to watch on IMDB. Go there for the movie and you can watch the movie. Go there for the series and all episodes can be streamed there. I can put as many videos as I want up there as long as they are our titles. So this means if we get distribution of another movie we can probably do the same. But that will just be a prelude to streaming our Canadian content in IMDB Canada if and when that happens. If not we can park an indie movie on an IMDB page if the director and producer give us distribution rights. That is huge for indie. Even if this is just a few more titles, it is enough to bring new life into the future of FOF Entertainment and FOF Films (which will probably become a corporation now in a few years). So a rather exciting moment for us on Tuesday. Netflix is “so” not on my radar anymore.....

We got some traction with Adsense, finally, and the bump was smaller than expected but a bump nevertheless, so we will stay the course and refine it as we go along. It’s about what we got with Prime so just more of the same. This product seems to give similar numbers when we look for an audience. This is educational and not commercial entertainment, so I will just have to accept the numbers I suppose. You can really try to push it, but then you get diminishing returns for the advertising money spent. This much I know from 36 years in advertising.

I’m bringing more people into the organization as we expand things on the cheap. Also, now you know why I never close shop on anything. You make an announcement that it’s done and then something happens and you have to eat your words big time. What happened between yesterday and today is a perfect example of that.....

Goodnight.....

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt8770798/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can confirm that we can add titles at IMDB so this is interesting for many reasons. Suffice to say at his moment there is still life for video at FOF and I will leave it at that.

In other news....

This is my emoji in the Apple Universe (yes a white band - deal with it)!

I’m just posting this as a public service announcement to my fellow Apple Watch users. Remember that the series 6 watch uses reflective wrist measurements for blood oxygen readings instead of the reliable light through the fingertip method. Even Apple states that this method is not accurate and is not a medical device. The reading can fluctuate wildly - unlike other monitors like their accurate ECG FDA approved heart monitor. Anyway here is one real life example:

“I wanted a new watch for exercise tracking, so I looked at Apple Watch 6. I was also excited about this SpO2 feature that the Apple Watch 6 has, even if I really don't need it. This feature is the main new feature that they are marketing their watch with. Just check out their web page and it is basically the headline for the watch. Also, in these covid themes, this is suiting, right ? So I bought the watch, and I know that this is not for "medical use". I am 35 years old and fit, I am very healthy and I exercise almost every day, and there is nothing wrong with me as I know. I tried the feature, and it always read between 87 - 91, suggesting that I might be hypoxic. Or in these times, considering my good health, that I might have COVID-19. I knew that this is probably not accurate, but what if the watch is right ? I developed a concern over a few hours, and I went out late at night to a pharmacy and bought a 100 euro medical grade pulse oximeter (SpO2). In that way, I could know for sure if I had to see a doctor to check if I have an unknown heart or lung issue, and yes, I could sleep at night if the oximeter says so! And guess what! My SpO2 is at 99%, steadily. Perfect! I kept taking readings with the SpO2 meter on my finger at the same time as with the watch, and the watch said that I had hypoxia almost all the time, while the SpO2 meter said I had 99% SpO2. I tried different tightnesses of the strap (tight, loose, in between), and I put the watch at different positions on my wrists, and further up on my forearm to get a larger contact surface, all kinds of things I tried. My pulse was between 60 - 90 bpm, and I was in room temperature, and had normal body temperature. However, sometimes the watch said I had 100%. And the next reading showed for example 90%.

So, basically, this gave me a lot of unnecessary concern. Apple customer service said that "well, it is not intended for medical use, so there is nothing we can do". I went through (spent 3 hours) everything with customer service, the HW diagnostics and the watch is perfectly fine, and there is nothing more they can do. They claim that erroneous reading might be because you are moving your arm or something like that a little bit. But how can you know ? Am I supposed to assume that low readings are because of the watch not touching the skin in the exact right way in optimal conditions ? How can I know if the reading is in fact taken in optimal conditions ?

What if someone is sick with COVID-19 and have hypoxia without knowing it, and the watch shows 100% ? Maybe that will make them delay their visit to the doctor and get worse ? Of course they might be aware that it is not a "medical device", but still, it can affect their perception and decision. And what is the point having such a feature if it doesn't work ?

In my case, I wasted 100 euros, hours of my time, and as I see it now, money on a watch. I want to return it because of this, but I can't because I bought it in a third party store. Apple basically says that it is my problem. It is not intended for medical use, and if someone has a concern, they should see a doctor. Well, it did indeed gave me concern, and for nothing. If it was not for the watch, I would not waste money on an oximeter or consulting a doctor - for nothing! What is the point with that ? I am sitting there with a watch with a main feature that doesn't work, and that tries to give me anxiety, and it is my problem.

But - worse, is that people might get erroneous assurances for their SpO2 levels. That could be in the worst case fatal in the time of COVID-19.”

So there you go, like the other functions with my series 5, you play with it once or twice, show it off for friends, then forget about the new features. There is no reason to upgrade from last year’s model. Who needs a permanent altimeter on the watch face? The maximum brightness is the same on both models at 1000 nits. Maybe they tweaked the setting to be a bit brighter outside but most reviewers can’t tell. The only noticeable change is slightly faster (side by side) in transient animations. Slightly faster recharge times and maybe better battery life, though this could be due to the updated OS as the actual battery only has 3% percent more capacity. The jury is in, if you have no watch then buy the series 6 or SE, don’t upgrade with the series 5, maybe the series 4, but upgrade if you went from series 3 on down. And that is it for Apple - but I do need a new phone.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/9vuewAgcnbo
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikaela Conroy wrote:
The Fortress Experiment DVD: What’s in the Box!

By Mikaela Conroy

When Fortress of Freedom first announced The Fortress Experiment was on sale as a DVD they actually didn’t have the product in their hands. A large package from Amazon arrived at FOF with DVDs, one of which I just purchased and here are some pictures and first impressions of the actual product.

As you can see, it looks like any other DVD you could find at Walmart or Best Buy with shrink wrap and professional graphics on the case:

Inside the disc has graphics that are as good as any you will find out there. Frankly, I was expecting something a little less professional, but this one really surprised me!

The DVD sells for 9.99USD and ships from the States. From the FOF office I got it for 15 dollars (CAD). It has features you won’t find on-line such as the director’s commentary for both The Fortress Experiment and also the short; Real Life: Real Lives. There are also extras, like production photos and closed captioning. So if you are a real FOF devotee I can honestly say this DVD exceeded my expectations and is a worthwhile addition to your DVD collection and as a form of support and a physical reminder of what Fortress of Freedom is all about!

Mikaela

Yes someone actually bought the DVD, so we invited them to review it. And after all that, I may add the trailers to the DVD now that they are made, and I may also change the background color of the case insert. Black - well - it looks a bit cheap so in the next two weeks we may jazz it up a bit.

In other news I have looked at the analytics of our first show and not surprisingly the largest audience is from India (by a massive amount) followed by Turkey, Malaysia, Germany (of all places), Russia, Pakistan (expected a higher ranking), Bangladesh, Brazil, Mexico and the United States rounding off the top ten. Eleventh place was Japan which really warmed my heart as we have a bit of a following there after the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster. The UK was in twenty sixth place and Canada was thirty one of thirty three countries listed as watching the first show - that was the most surprising statistic of all. Not unexpected, but you can see why Canada is not on the radar for Prime Video and IMDB TV as their numbers are too small for the hassle involved in dealing with the CRTC. What about Netflix (Canada) - don't even ask as we are still waiting on that one even after two delays.....

So my predictions were mostly spot on and we will continue with the same advertising campaign going forward. But I hope my fellow Canadians see just how small a figure we present in the world at large. Part of it I believe is the fact that it is a show about a brown guy, but the fact the States came in tenth place just proves that size matters and even with all the bad optics I nevertheless have to think about the Americans and their viewing habits. But clearly we have begun disseminating the positive mandate idea worldwide which is a big rush to my aspirations! Seriously, it gets you excited to play the game and get some results! As for operating systems it is Android by over 80 percent followed by iOS at 12 percent and mostly from the States. Over 90 percent watch on cell phones which is not that much of a surprise. My worries about resolution don't matter on phones as much as TVs and laptops - the numbers are so small that they don't matter. Also, an overwhelmingly male audience - what is up with that? We just carry on as there is eight episodes more to go.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we did last week, the second episode called “The Making of AAVRY KNAPP DAZE in My Life” premieres tonight at 9:00PM EST on YouTube!

https://youtu.be/7GrpGqHqv7Y

I am going to do the same thing I did last week except I will tone down the personal ingratiating to people to watch the show and see what happens before AdSense goes into effect. I doubt it will have much impact in the end but I’ll get some measure of retention and growth. Unlike Prime or Netflix I can’t afford to do the ads before the program hoping for a ratings bump during the premiere, I have to do it afterward by clicks. But because of the low numbers (relatively speaking) it doesn’t matter anyway. All that matters is new eyes on the material - and in a market that matters, and so far it is working - within my humble means.

You do the best you can and that is all you can do. The first show was a introduction to main cast and how the experiment worked in the back drop of getting our first TV show on a network at Global TV. The second show is more normal in that you see how first class music is made - spare no expense - with people (like Dan Strudwick) who are “easy on the eyes” so the average view time should increase - and that should be the only difference. We were doing it the same way as with the Prime Platform except I am rolling out the episode once every week like in traditional TV. And again, this is old material that has been seen before but in a restricted market. The way I am advertising it in the primary markets like India make it a premiere for them.

In other news.....

I took two weeks off for the UN General Assembly and the World Bank/IMF annual meetings and as we all know, Covid 19 took care of that. So I’m just doing the FOF thing and some home improvements along the way. It is what it is. I also hate the fact that my age becomes more and more of a thing now. I hate the age and pandemic thing, the age and retirement thing, the age and aging friends thing, the age and aging parents thing; it all adds up and can have an effect on you. Personally, age is not a real issue with me yet; l feel as I always felt and like a younger man..... Without all that baggage, promoting the positive mandate could be like “happy times” full of open futures and fun adventures. For me personally, it is a race against time and the inevitability of old age and senility and it’s negative effects on your legacy. Time is definitely not on my side.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/25paMdg3ZRI
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we lost about 50 percent of those that watched the first show. Not good but not bad. I’m staying to my group of 30 people for these stats. But how can you just look at thirty people you say? The idea of the small sample is that it is possible (as I probably can’t get the larger sample in Canada) and the percentages will be about the same but with larger margins for error – that is all. Anyway that is my personal little plaything. We keep pushing the stuff out to places like India and onto mostly third world countries, places where the positive mandate can radically change things.

What else…..

Samantha bqck in the day.

It occurred to me listening to people muse about how the world is out of control and there is nothing they can do about it. Really – nothing you can do about it? Take my humble little example! I’m just some ordinary guy with an ordinary job with an ordinary house and car payments and all the rest, but I don’t feel as helpless as I feel in control. Sure, even I have to kneel to things like the pandemic, but even here there are ways around that. To be honest, I already disseminated the Positive Mandate at the UN officially. I can send stuff to Geneva electronically or courier it over to them. I’m pushing the TV documentaries out to people around the world. I have an idea, a concept and a philosophy that makes sense and works to make people happier in all their situations! I guess the big thing is that I don’t feel helpless – that much I am sure of. I actually feel I have a chance to change the world, so how can that be helpless. I do suppose out of a percentage we are literally talking about 99.999999999999999999% - or - the limit as x approaches 100 percent. I used to be able to table that in formula but you get the idea…..

Jessica/Shane/Ryan back in the day!.

In fact now if I were to die, someone from my gang would “see the light” and take over. It’s always best for the founder to carry it through but even now I see that the org has enough youth here that can take the idea and run with it as they have nothing better going in their lives right now. That is why I keep bringing in young people into the organization. With older people like me they are giving up on things, they are not as dynamic; they are just plain used up – sorry to say. I may have a few more years to push things but soon I will go the same fate no matter how much I push back and if things are not changed then it falls on the younger folk. Most who came in as teenagers like Emily and Sam and Jessica and those in their twenties like Shane and Ryan and so on, are now in their thirties and early forties. And I am pushing more twenty something’s into the mix as well. This is also under my control as well, I’m a control freak. You watch, the orgs keep running on vapor and we have a board of directors at each corporation. There will be a power struggle and some of the old farts on the board will still be around to mentor the new generation, but there will be succession. That power struggle will weed out the wannabies from those who truly want it, and in the end that is what you will get. The dream never dies just the dreamer or whatever that song says by the Cooper Brothers…..

Tyrone (Yung Spot when I met him as a rapper) fills in for me at the UN right now if need be, Masters degree and good job with the government, he has the credentials!

The best part for me? When someone else finally takes the reins and all those criticisms they leveled at me – now that they are running the circus, be like: “Oh…..yah….. So that’s what he was talking about…..” But they will put their own spin on getting the word out. Mine was these long winded documentaries that I’m pushing out now, and theirs may be something put out by influencers like SSSniperwolf….. Whatever works I guess…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/TIzTmbQskTI
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just soaking in the hot tub.....

What the public sees on the channel!

So still analyzing the YouTube data and if you watch the public views you may be wondering what happened to all the views for the first show. They are still there and legitimate as you can see from YouTube’s analytics of the show. But what you may not know is that YouTube does an audit for bots views (not us) and then later on looks at things geographically and gives weights to the views. For example if you monetize videos or look like you are headed in that direction, YouTube will start to mess with the public numbers presumably as an advertising metric. Indian views bring in less than a quarter of a North American view. African views are like penny stocks and worthless. Of course I am spending money going after these “so called” worthless views! I am in a weird place in YouTube where I am disseminating an idea and not interested in views with disposable income. That first show in the first minute or so had me stating what the positive mandate idea is all about - three times - drilling it in for those who click on it and don’t care or don’t have the data to continue.

What I see in the channel analytics taken at the same time as the public view!

In other words those 2600 hits got the message and that’s all that counts for me! Like I always said - I don’t care about those public view counts or subscriptions. I don’t play that game, as the only thing that matters is dissemination of the idea! I deliberately kept the views under 4000 as that is when possible monetization can happen, subscribers don’t matter but 1000 and Youtube does an audit. They did an audit anyway and so you see the discriminatory weighting of views. That means nothing to me, but others place that value on the value of their video or their worth in society.....Hahahahahahaha.....

What I see in the channel analytics!

Anyway, they play their games and we play ours. Dan’s show got a nice bump over the weekend as he has more of a following than the brown guy, as the ad campaign only kicks in on Monday mornings. Since this is is a plaything for this ad man, we may try other stuff while the series plays out. It is fun to actually try advertising theories out on a small scale and see what happens. In this way YouTube rocks as a place to try all sorts of stuff before doing it for a client. Almost every “viral video” has an ad agency involved later bragging about it all. But I’m in here to disseminate an idea and not turn a buck. An Indian or African view is equal to me and will stay that way on my watch, and how YouTube values it means nothing to me! My metrics are different and success for me is in another universe than success for cash.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/7GrpGqHqv7Y
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday, or the official start of my vacation had me replace the battery in my car fobs. Tread gently here as disassembling it to replace batteries usually means snapping off the tabs that hold the fob together. That didn’t happen with me as I have the picks to do it right. However I replaced the batteries and when cleaning up noticed I only had three of the stick on plastic covers for the batteries! did I insert one with the plastic still in it?

I was sure I didn’t but it still bugged me. So rather than disassemble the fobs, I took both out for a test to see if the maximum reach of the fobs were different and if so I messed up. They were the same but I litterally had to go the length of a large shopping mall to get to the point where I could only trigger the lights sporadically. Anyway the power was the same so I’m not disassembling anything for another three years.

I did mess up and bought 6 CR2025 batteries and only needed 4. So I put one in an old Windows XP computer as the CMOS battery and may keep the last one as a spare - but I would have been better off with the fatter CR2036 - seven bucks - first world problems.

I’m also doing home reno stuff. Today is my family’s garage door repaint. I’ll buy generic paint and just do the thing. The paint is flaking on a home valued well north of 1.5 million so I should keep appearances up. Then to my house (just under 1 million) and waterproofing the chimney. Anyway, I’m not poor but not rich either. Some say sell the house and move in with dad. May happen sooner or later but for now we just keep things going. I am cutting back on things though.

Remember I want the orgs to run on vapours so our office rent is being renegotiated. We either get a good price at 15 Allstate or go to 1 Yonge Street for over half the price. That should get sorted out this week also.

I also bought some DVDs to watch. One was “Glass” from M. Night Shyamalan. So I’ve seen “Unbreakable” and “Split” and now I have “Glass”! But the big score was bugging the guy at Sunrise Music to find me the cheapest unloved and forgotten DVD they had in the whole miserable store! Why you ask? Because those are film makers like me, and I like supporting better brown directors like the dude who did “Glass” - but I will always give the unknown directors a chance. So a three pack for 1.99 and Asian with subtitles. Already watching the first movie and it’s surprisingly watchable. You will be surprised at how effective a person can be with primitive equipment and no budget. I even used a Super VHS camcorder at one point (made it on CTV - they never knew). As long as the camera shoots a clear picture you are in business. It’s not what you shoot with that’s important - it’s what you shoot at that makes all the difference - I love this stuff!

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/6RdrYt1eFGk
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Tuesday I painted my dads garage door which was becoming a bit of an eye sore. I also finished watching glass which was ok with strange ending which looked like the end for all the main characters, but whatever it was worth the ticket.

we need more color here!

For Wednesday it looks like record label stuff and I’ll start changing some things about the DVD of our movie on Amazon. I’ll put the blue FOF background instead of that black background and maybe change the black disc background to the usual FOF blue. Then add the trailers to the disc and upload again.

I’m basically done with testing things on YouTube. Views there are basically a “free for all” and anything goes. In the past YouTube would take down a video or suspend an account for buying views or subscriptions or comments. But it turns out the competition could buy views/subs/comments for their competition and get their competition booted off the tube even if they didn’t do anything. So now YouTube does nothing but crank down the public views to whatever number they want. Every time I see some “star” do something and get millions or even billions of views, I only wonder how much it cost to get that number on that webpage. And that is all it is, as in a few numbers in a webpage. But it does influence the sheeple to go there as everyone else seems to be going there. And if they do that then there is some advertising money to be made. But for normal people, views are meaningless.....

I will keep the Saturday night premiere going but probably more low keyed. Something to do on a Saturday night with the brown guy! That is if you have nothing better to do - then again we are in a pandemic - there is always that.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing but business lately. Wall to wall business all of a sudden. It’s actually a good change of pace.

In between I’ll hop on my roof and tuck point any brickwork and then wait for a dry spell to waterproof the brick work. The car is starting to leak rad fluid at an increasing rate but not bad enough to chance taking it in and paying the inspection fee and claiming they found nothing. We will wait a bit more.

At my age everyone is falling apart and it gets to you after a while. But that is everyone my age that has that problem. Still I am perfectly fine so I should just shut up! I should have the future office location taken care of by the end of the vacation- so at least that got done.

I found the latest version of the Amazon DVD and will update that in the next few days and upload it. In between all this you have nothing, not even on the internet for company, but for what I am doing it has to be this way. The more people in your personal circle the more it drags on you. In general people are fearful, weak and just plain ordinary, and what that means that they can’t help you reach your goals but can make it more difficult. Their advantage is support by numbers to populate the organization and so on. It’s necessary but you have to manage it - if that makes any sense. This is why anyone of note tends to be allusive, there is only so much time in the day and spending it with people who don’t make the things you have to do faster - just slows you down. Take for example Tiger Woods, he’s a nice guy but when he walks on the green past everyone he probably isn’t going to stop and talk and shake hands, he has to concentrate and stay focused, yet people will say he is aloof cause he ignored them - whatever.....Now I understand all that and so they get some slack with me now.....

Goodnight....

https://youtu.be/A3ojF6LG0_g
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another day of nothing but business. Bell was the most time consuming, they do indeed have the lousiest customer service and this issue I had has been ongoing for over a month, hopefully now resolved.

But I won’t bore you with the particulars, as a salesman and as a businessman and advertising man, I have been there before and done that! But it is time consuming and thus I do it on my supposed vacation. I also topped up most of the bank accounts. I will try to update our music catalogue next week and stuff like that. The videos are being uploaded onto more obscure websites as I promised. They will become the “whores” of the internet. It’s all about getting the word or idea out there! So we just continue on.

This is my emoji in the Apple Universe (yes a white band - deal with it)!

I did get some time with the new Apple Watch Series 6. So here is my review: The watch is the same as the Apple Watch Series 5. The stainless steel models are identical but the aluminum ones do have a different surface style on the crown, like a large dark spot as opposed to the colored ring, so aside from new colors that is it for the exposed differences. Underneath or on the back side of the case is different as in different sensors. The series 4 and 5 had some depth to the back sensor array with this one jewel like light in the center. The series 6 has a much more flat look with cheesy little round sensors, it looks like four but if you move it around you see all eight. It looks cheap or less exciting than the previous 3D back but what does it matter and the space has to be used to house the extra sensors. But the previous model had a cooler looking back plate. But was it worth it for the blood oxygen level sensor? Finding the app was a challenge as you quickly see it is just one in a sea of apps. I found it as this circle with pastel smudges in it. No matter I tried three times to get a reading pressing the back of the watch to my wrist and it would not give one, telling me to move the watch and so on. I gave up looking for a reading on the wrist and put my finger on the back sensors. It took two times but I got a reading on the second time and it was a proper reading. So if you get a reading it does work but like most have said, in this case it wasn’t ready for prime time. Should it have been included? I would grudgingly say yes, if the finger readings are consistent, taking the watch off to get a reading does work, so why not. But I can’t see the sleep apnea reading being reliable at all from the wrist fiasco. It is what it is but defiantly less than they made it out to be. But still you have the utility in the watch, but like most people you would run to the store and get a tried and trusted finger tip pulse oximeter to confirm a concerning reading. So it’s – better than nothing - but not ready for prime time.

My Apple Watch 5 - with five year old black sport band - still relevant and looks current!

The series six always on altimeter: The series five does have the altimeter in there with the compass but I just added an app that adds the altimeter as a solo function. Do I need always on –well, since I only checked it like once when I got it I would say no. The display: The series five and six have the same screen and probably the same controllers so they just tweaked the brightness in direct sunlight to the max on the series 6 and really they could have done the same for the series five but they had to have something to brag about. Battery life – since I updated to the second watch OS7 operating system I charged up my watch by mistake to 98 percent and 24 hours later I have 51 percent, so two days of use. The new battery has 3 percent more charge so it’s going to be about the same. And that is my review of the Apple Watch 6. Don’t upgrade from the series five, maybe from the series four but only for the always on function and go ahead for everything else if you feel like it. But the next year may bring major changes so maybe hold off one more year everyone.....

The stainless steel and leather band!

Before I leave the watch business I have to admit that I did buy another watch band. So far I got the black band from the series zero I bought to test the watch out for practicality. I also got a black metal bracelet that looks stupid on the stainless steel model. I got the white sport band with the watch that I finally used the last two weeks or so. And I got a funky stainless steel and leather band just for kicks. But that black five year old band was starting to peal underneath. Every time I walked past the Apple Store I would just see these long line ups so I figured I would have to order online. Then I walked past the store around supper time and no line ups! I quickly asked the dude outside - outside like the Maitre D of a restaurant - if I could just get the strap and not waste everyone's time. He checked and sent me to this guy to take my temperature and off inside I went to this other guy to get the strap. It was then, tap for payment, email for receipt, and plain box without bag for me and out I went without really toughing anything but the product. That was about as contactless as you could get! So I now have a new black band. I should have done it long ago but then - Covid..... But how many people want to wear a watch band on someone else's wrist for years on end? It had to be done and before any possible lock down again. So at least that got done on Thursday..... For Friday I have to take care of the chimney because you get nothing but rain everyday from now on.

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/RBWywYirukE
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So tonight we premiere the third episode in the series and this one is called "Free With Purchase". This is Michael Atkinson's story about getting back into music and touring the local club scene in Toronto over the last thirteen years. And he does all this with some serious medical issues on top of it all. A different spin and a real life spin, on the music and club life so many of use lived back in the day!

Twenty6Hundred back in the Day!

It is sort of fitting that we air this on a Saturday night as the club scene is dead now because of Covid, and as of today no bars or restaurants are allowing patrons in. So you all may as well sit back and relax as we bring the bar and club scene to you in your homes this long weekend! It all starts tonight at 9:00PM EST and we can still have fun together no matter what the medical authorities say we can't do.

You can wach the new show here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYuLkEf8_YM

Some more on videos.....

For the third episode I am just letting it be and seeing how many watch this episode with a lighter version of advertising. I have already uploaded our videos to other platforms though YouTube will be the biggest. But we are streaming on Amazon again - but by my rules which is a change I like. I just find it funny that at the end of the day my quest brought me back to Amazon - how funny is that!

In other news.....

Half the vacation is over and I did all I wanted to do renovating. Doors painted and chimney fixed and waterproofed. The squirrels have been gone for months now - and wow, I remember what an impossible dream it seemed like a few months ago to have them gone and here we are! The office move is moving ahead. The music is being finished especially the Lucifari stuff which is off to mastering. I'm still looking at the car and that leak, it would be nice to fix it while I'm on vacation but it has stopped again, and no idea when it will finally give up the ghost and just gush permanently so I can get it fixed no problem.....

And that is it for now.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A really late one today.....

The reason was that I wanted to finish everything with the videos and I have! So now every video is now up on IMDB.com. Just search the title name and the video is there in the webpage, even our movie! Since all the shows are up at IMDB in HD, there is no reason anymore to stagger the new shows every week so now they are all up on the Positive Mandate for Humanity channel at YouTube. So now you can binge watch to your heart's content and I don't have to spam people in the future for views - Just do it all at once, like taking off a band aid.....

Now there is more to the IMDB thing than meets the eye. As of now you can only upload to IMDB if you are a studio or distributor with at least one television series under your belt. We barely made that, but we made it and our stuff is up there. But someone should pitch the idea to open it all up at the site. Prime is getting more exclusive so move the indie stuff to IMDB! It's an idea and I will pitch it to them shortly. They will pretend they never received it but I'm not looking for money - but a better way to disseminate indie material than happens at the present time. So that is the plan there. We will work the new material for views (YouTube) now that everything is up, but I have no itch for views or subscribers, they come with time but we are now on three large platforms and more to come. Oh, and Netflix - no reply and now you see why I just went and did my thing without waiting. I'll bet 34,999 of the 35,000 are still waiting for their dream shot and they will probably wait till they are lowered to the grave. You have to do it yourself.....

Later.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 327, 328, 329 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 328 of 416

Jump to: