Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 319, 320, 321 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car is back!

Yes, I finally have my Mustang back. They finally put the car in a bay and checked the leak. Officially they told me there was no leak. And when I got the call to pick up the call they said the car does not leak - but not the way you would say it. Anyway they also had a trouble code or light they wanted to check out. I actually went down there early Tuesday just to pull the car out but when I got there and did some snooping I saw the my car still in the bay (so left overnight). I just left it there and waited for stuff to happen.

I got a called around noon that they just had to program the car’s engine management system. Because of Covid I figure every car gets the once over for every procedure they can bill to Ford and every charge they can bill the customer. So I got the call with the cryptic “does not leak” and asked when I could pick it up. The man said “now” and off I went. I just wanted that car out of there and back in my possession again. At the dealer they wanted me to pay for the diagnostic even though they did warantee work when they looked at it. Here is the thing, if you don’t pay they will use the “mechanic’s lien” and hold the car until they get paid. So you just pay and get the car out first. I’m two weeks from the end of the bumper-to-bumper warrantee ending so even during a pandemic, it was good to have the car in there with all the relevant TSBs taken care of. If it does not leak I will leave it all alone.

The leak that supposedly is a figment of my imagination!

Now: there are all sorts of things that could have happened. Maybe the leak was a figment of my imagination and all this was all for nothing. Maybe they just didn’t diagnose it properly or even at all. Or maybe they just fixed it, collected the cash from Ford and still charged me the diagnostic anyway. Time will tell.

I should say going from a grey Buick Enclave to a black on black Mustang is a revelation. In the Enclave (which technically is a truck) you climb up and climb down getting in and out of the car. In the Mustang you “fall in” and roll out. I keep forgetting how low this car is. I can’t even get a jack under it without driving up on some 2X4 lumber. I’ll check to see if they actually used the jacking rails I have on it. But I had no chance for that stuff, just a quick
check for body damage and uncharacteristically there is no damage or even a ding! I’ll give it a wash and a real going over on Wednesday morning.

So now all I have left is The Fortress TV Show to start streaming on Prime. Then the “to do list” gets written up again.....

And remember with the Positive Mandate - it is not just the free expression ideas - but the fact it makes us happy that gives it its strength! I proved it in the experiment and disseminated via the UN, Movies, TV, Books and other print, and Song. What looked like overwhelming odds, like that speech on the floor of the United Nations General Assembly, did happen and mostly because I didn’t psych myself out, but just went for it one thing at a time.....

Goodnight.....

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/_B_1IMstVzs
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well things are pretty much back to normal so I have plans to make.

First of all is still to do the taxes. About seven right now. But I also have to start trying to get media news attention for the positive mandate. Everyone hates this so it is all on me - but that is the next step. I really dread doing this, but to get the concept out there it has to be done. The reason for interviews is easy as I have the shows and the book as talking points as well as just the uniqueness of the actual experience.

My Mustang engine in the now rare front to back rear wheel drive layout!

I still have stuff to do with the Mustang. I washed the body so that part came through ok. I got lucky as the car was originally parked it in a very “safe” spot which was good as it spent three and a half weeks there. I’ll do the spring cleaning on the thing and see if they actually jacked the car on the rails like they should. Then we just drive it until it leaks again. But the 3 year warrantee is now up. Bringing it in again is a wait past the warrantee and I don’t want to test that. But there is nothing wrong with the car really. The start up clatter with the heads in very cold weather is no more. And if it doesn’t leak anymore, then there are no issues whatsoever with this car! I am amazed at how few issues the car has, it is in fact the most reliable car I ever owned. Even if they did secretly replace the water pump/gasket. Water pumps are an item that has to be replaced sooner or later in these cars. Remember, that on front wheel drive cars the water pumps are internal and designed to last the life of the car. On the Mustang it is external and a leak does not contaminate the engine or mix with the oil. So I’ll just finish cleaning up the car and then just continue driving it. Except for major powertrain problems, at least I can take the car to people I know for repairs as the dealer experience was a nightmare.....

New squirrels in the attic so maybe take care of that this weekend. Life is getting back to normal.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/5PvuNAoG0XY

One more thing. I never knew Obama was just a year younger than me! I thought we was much younger! Well, we’ll, so he was around the civil rights movement too. Less combative when you’ve been around this block before. I have a solution - plus I should do what he did with his website as I have mauriceali.org anyway. Another website coming up with a focus on my personal advocacy.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things.....

So 52 years and nothing has changed for the Black People in North America. I witnessed that, and I lived that myself! But as you watch the news realize that everywhere there is a class system where it is very hard to break through. It’s a part of human nature. And people will only reform their behaviour out of self-interest. In other words: What is in it for me?

Think about that! Giving the racist something to make him change his or her behaviour! And by having everyone opt into something that helps them personally, you help everyone! Right now nobody has a solution to racism - except me. Their ideas or simplistic solutions and just don’t work. You have to appeal and win over everyone’s heart and they all have to get something they want out of it - and - with the Positive Mandate for Humanity it is: happiness.....

You get them to do the right thing out of self-interest. The greatest expression of our mental and physical elves because it makes us happy “is” the answer because it makes us happy. All you needed is a philosophy that works for
racism or any kind of negative class system, but gives everyone what they want in return - and you have change. Society produced the monster of change that is within me, and now I’m making the play!

What is the title of https://mauriceali.org ? For those with desktop browsers it is “A Positive Mandate for Humanity. This has to be a one track mind dissemination. But what about the “Worldwide Vote” that had me punked- at the United Nations last February? The worldwide vote is still the positive mandate! So on and on we go.....

Maurice Ali speech at the 57th Commission for Social Development!

The bizarre thing in all this is that after I post this, the one thing I want to do is clean the interior of my car and keep testing the water pump that so far does not leak even after a water pump torture test I ran yesterday. The car may be fixed! This is big as it’s one more distraction out of my mind. More energy to the place it needs to be and that is advocacy.....

Goodnight.....

http://iaij.com/Maurice_ALi_UN_Speech_Feb_19_2019.mov

https://youtu.be/nu_2Nmn3jPA
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m just going to take it easy this weekend.....

I’ll finish the spring cleaning of the car which would have happened a month ago if it was not sitting on the dealer parking lot for a month. I really tried to find evidence of a leak, which basically means going deep into the lower outside block with a finger, probing any nook and cranny for radiator fluid. I could not find anything so I’ll consider the thing resolved. Also, with the warmer weather the noises on start up after sitting for long periods of time have completely disappeared. So I’m back to driving a new car! My dad’s car though needs top ups of almost all fluids so that happens this weekend. If everything is clean I may actually go cruising, but no funny stuff like that yo-yo who took the exact same V6 Mustang as mine (the same even down to the paint) and did donuts at Yonge-Dundas Square. I actually like one part of that fiasco, that people are actually starting to clue in that that last V6 Mustang was one powerful and fast car. It has a 3.7 litre V6 with 24 valves and Variable Valve Timing (VVT) just like an old 2JZ. This last version even had the horsepower numbers deliberately lowered to 87 octane levels to get 300 horsepower and try to make the turbo 4 seem like a faster car. It isn’t. Top speed alone tells the tale as ungoverned 4 cylinders can’t ever seem to reach 150mph but my car goes 157mph stock with the governor off. And that is stock! With the tunes I have I can go up to almost 350 horsepower with just a tune and race gas - and in a perfectly balanced chassis. With the reliability of the six over the other engines, I’m quite happy with the thing in the end.

What else.....

I love the Apple Watch, nine months in and I still love the thing. The AirPods work flawlessly but when you pull your mask off the pods fly off with the mask! I still use an old iPhone 6S Plus so this year was upgrade year. And this was supposed to be the big update year. Now we are hearing that things may get scaled back an look more like the iPhone 11 but with 5G capability. This sucks and is probably due to the pandemic. The release date may happen at the end of the year. So I hope all this is wrong, but in the end what can you do as everything is screwed up these days.

What else?

The squirrels have left the building for the time being - which is nice; but I also have to give the house a once over. Seriously I have to take care of a bunch of ordinary life things, and with advocacy severely restricted it may as well be now.

As usual there are civil rights marches downtown today which is nice - but nobody has a clue as to a long term solution. But you all know the real solution: global adoption of the positive mandate for humanity.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/1LEtH1yw1sk
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I tried to take Saturday off, but that never happens.....

I did do some things early like clean the inside of the car. Remember that we went from winter to summer in the month my car was parked, so this was the first spring cleaning of that car. Plus, I should have wiped down the car for Covid 19 when I got it back but I didn’t except for maybe the steering wheel and shifter, that is all you really need but this one does it all and really should have been done the day I got the car. Still no leaks and as days go by the specter of the phantom leak occurring out of nowhere goes away but never completely – human beings being what they are.

Hello Goodbye music video!

We now have a new video from AAVRY KNAPP and this one is from the album Daze in My Life and the song is Hello Goodbye. Lots of green screen on this one by a videographer called Tomcattt who Dan from AAVRY KNAPP knows. So that went up on the FOF RECORDS Inc. YouTube channel last night. Yes, I spent Saturday Night with Dan and not with some woman – the real entertainment business.....Hahahahahaha.....

In addition to that we will also have an announcement of Dan starting his own YouTube channel. More about that tomorrow, so stay tuned. With regard to the record label channel I actually laughed as we lost a subscriber. So now we are down to “6” – just too funny. Ok, so it’s just been up there for a month or two but still – six subscribers down from seven? I have other secret channels and one car channel has thousands of views and seven times as many subscribers for just two videos. How does that work? One reason is that they don’t know anything about the person behind the channel. This is human nature again. All they know about me is my voice and that sounds like a whinny, wimpy, White Guy voice. Trust me, if I had put “Ali” anywhere on that channel we would be back to crickets chirping and all the rest. It is human nature and something I am trying to reform for the better. People have selective amnesia about the bad things that go on where they live. While I as a minority see the effect every day, the others not impacted live in blissful ignorance until it gets constantly thrust in their face. Like the civil rights protests right now. It’s in your face, and they will say things will change; but you can’t change human nature, and so some policies will change but the racism and such just go more underground and it actually gets easier to live in denial going forward.

First day of desegregated school - those aren't supporters behind her!

For example back in the day when I was born you had the situation with the National Guard stationed at the entrance to learning institutions to prevent a Black Girl from walking in there- in this case a presidential order was then presented to the Governor (who was there for the occasion) taking over the National Guard and letting her in. This has stopped, but didn’t prevent me personally from the usual racist assholes trying to stream me into a trade school or what happened to me trying to get into graduate school. You see the bigotry just got placed in a more underground way than in your face as before.

2020? Nope, more like early 1960s!!

Like our shows on Prime - I hated seeing me as listed as one of the stars on the movies and shows as I knew this would drag down the minutes (how they rank shows on Prime), but I was in the shows and the director and editor so even if I placed myself last in the short list of main charters – as I did in The Fortress Experiment DVD placement - I slowly started to see the stars change from Shane Murphy and Michael Atkinson – to – Maurice Ali! But now I don’t care anymore. I put the most sweat and money into the show, so let me have the credit and whatever becomes of the rating – well – so be it! But you get the idea; we all have selective amnesia about our racism. At the UN some would bring up the genocide of the American Indians in Canada and I would be like: “Genocide? There was no genocide! What concentration camps? We call those reservations!” You get the idea. My best friend had his grandfather put into a concentration – err – “internment camp” during WW2 even though he was Chinese. His house and property were confiscated and sold to others of a different race for next to nothing. Even to this day the families are still trying to get that back. What else do I have to defend (as a Canadian) at the UN? Maybe turning away ships full of Jewish People fleeing Nazi Germany. You get it the list goes on – but when was the last time you thought about it?

We are all guilty, including myself as this is human nature we are dealing with. We can’t help it – but we can mitigate damage and promote our better natures through concepts and philosophies like the Positive Mandate for Humanity. There is hope for change but not by directly dealing with one specific race issue after another. You need a concept adopted globally that takes care of all forms of bad behavior but bringing out the best in all…..

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/nUyyDltyAgE
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura wrote:
New Music Video From AAVRY KNAPP!

By Laura Tommasone FOF Inc. / FOF Records Inc.

Hello Goodbye music video!

FOF Records Inc. and the Fortress of Freedom corporation are pleased to announce that we now have a new music video from AAVRY KNAPP on our YouTube channel at:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nUyyDltyAgE

The music video is for the song Hello Goodbye from AAVRY KNAPP’s Daze in My Life album. In addition to this announcement is the possible Youtube show with Dan Strudwick interviewing and showcasing bands/musicians and industry happenings in the world of music. The show is currently in the planning stages and is a collaboration between Dan and FOF. The program is presently called The Dan Strudwick Show and is parked at Youtube as a channel under the same name and can be found here:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCfbpH21WzOqk1DGAT30KzVw

More news as it happens!

https://fofrecords.com

FOF RECORDS: CUTTING EDGE MUSIC!

In the end, Dan made a successful “pitch”.

The art of the pitch. You have your elevator pitch and your proper pitch. For Dan making that music video got me into his condo to transfer and upload files. But while there he made the pitch for his own show – and – it worked! No matter what you think of the production values of the music video – it got me in the door to hear the pitch! The pitch worked, I couldn’t say no as it was inexpensive to produce and we already had people in mind to interview and video to edit into the mix - so why not. Ultimately the decision was made that Saturday night when I was talking about distribution our shows and how we could reach half the world’s population for broadcast of the positive mandate. Dan mentioned that the experiment was all good and that we were the human “guinea pigs” – and yes – he was right, I did use them all as guinea pigs; so he gets the show.

These are still very early days but the pitch, at least, was successful. That is how you do it. Laura and Shane made the pitch for “Pimp my RV” but after the first episode the production costs would have been too high. Congratulations Dan, I didn’t even know the pitch was in play when you did it, that is how you do it properly…..

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/j61NwtRl_pk
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The day that will not end.

Anyway it’s over and I’m back checking out the music scene in Japan before I go to bed. More and more bands are getting into the 360 degree music videos. Some way better than others - but I like this one:

https://youtu.be/IW6mSshtQ0s

The video looks a bit bizarre if you move your hand but that is the point. Move your cell phone around you and you see the video as if you are there! Point it at the sky and you see the ceiling, all in real time anywhere you want! This band just put it out 16 hours ago. I know them and the music usually is more commercial (let’s say product placement to the max) but there it is - the performance for the song that keeps you off kilter - may do just that! So hats off to this band, you really knocked my socks off tonight.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/M8-vje-bq9c
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yesterday’s post was short and sweet as I was taking stock on the disaster of 2020 in terms of advocacy.

First off - the public forum at the WTO which takes place after The UN General Assembly has been cancelled. The forum is held at WTO headquarters in Geneva. This was expected so everything gets pushed back a year and the competition for a spot will be really tight in 2021.

Next - the Annual General Meetings at the IMF and World Bank seem to be in limbo right now. I got an invitation to the event last year and now in retrospect I should have gone even if it was just a recon mission. Too late now, I can’t reverse time, but they may still go ahead and that means competition for events may be lacking - so..... I still have the IMF/World Bank app (yes there is such a thing) and my account still works so we will keep an eye on this.

Finally - the General Assembly at the United Nations in New York will go ahead, but without world leaders. World leaders with their entourages make social distancing impossible so this may be prerecorded speeches or by tele-link. There should be one delegate per country on the floor of the General Assembly Hall. This can work as I actually spent two days on that very floor usually behind the State of Palestine on my left - or - UNESCO and the IMF/World Bank Group on the right. I know the lay of that land intimately and you can social distance for every country. As an aside, it was so cool to be right behind UNESCO in General Assembly as I spent so much time trying to get membership with The Canadian Commission for UNESCO, and then a chance to speak at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris, and just two years later you are there at the big show - and the vote that recognized citizen journalists and bloggers for the first time, as legitimate media workers by majority vote at the UN - yes, yours truly was a part of that in a significant way; that is how I got a seat in the General Assembly Hall. It was also cool to get that email to apply to speak at the famous green marble lectern at the front of the General Assembly Hall; I didn’t get selected but it was cool to be in that select group who could apply (you had to get an invite by the President of the UN General Assembly). I remember one NGO gave their speech and then shouted “Free _____, Free _____”, and so on. Never knew that happened there! My speech would have been less dramatic.....

UNESCO IS top left as I shot this from a member nation’s spot!

But attending the actual General Assembly in September was only an”pipe dream” for me. I would apply and then get the reject letter. But this year.....

Closer to that green marble lectern. Shot with my Blackberry Pasport!

This year things have changed and the big change for me is that now I have a chance. Decisions have been made but are probably still fluid. There may be enough problems with travel due to the pandemic that an actual grounds pass for General Assembly may be possible for a low life like me. Yup, low life at the UN is “President and CEO of a conglomerate of corporations and an international NGO in consultative status” - but it is what it is. So I actually may have a chance here, hummmmm.....

I shot this pic from behind the lectern- total access, you don’t know what you had until it’s gone!

We shall see but everything is in flux and that is always positive for guys like me. We shall just have to see. But to go from no chance to a “chance” is a big deal with me. The 75 anniversary of the UN would have been bigger than the previous General Assemblies. I applied to those and was rejected so there was absolutely no chance to attend this year - but now things have changed. It would be so bizarre to “hob nob” with the folk there. You even run across royalty there as they have their pet advocacy/altruism orgs at the UN. My introductions are always the most coy - in fact my attendance there is about the most extreme on the social scale as you can possibly get. Yes - things are getting interesting..... Or let’s just say I lead a bizarre life - and I have a chance to change the world - wrap your head around that possibility.....

Here is my speech. I’m behind the State of Palestine. I read it out loud back there while in session. Covered all bases as that was a speech on the floor of the General Assembly “Hall”!

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/UHXrF9yjatM
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miscellaneous ramblings.....

The thing that bugs me is that I can’t get motivated like the 20 something minorities these days that feel that things are changing. Why? The reason is simple because I lived it all before. Nothing has changed.....

It was just a short while ago taking a knee at a football game labeled you as scum. Black Lives Matters was a borderline hate group. When they stopped the Gay Pride Parade for just a few minutes here in Toronto there was public outcry. The city wanted to cut the parade’s funding. Not inviting the police in uniform one year was sacrilege. I trust the organizers of the Pride Parade now feel vindicated in their decisions and sticking to idealistic goals that created the parade in the first place. There are famous court cases showcasing lack of policing or biased policing for gay/LGBQ as well as visible minorities. What about the American Indians/First Peoples of Canada. Now its all ok - right..... the Prime Minister takes a knee with a Black Lives Matters t-shirt at his lap. Just a photo op - and has anything changed? At best some policy changes to keep racism out of the public eye. Remember we are talking about human nature here and human nature never changes.

Forget North America systemic discrimination, it is happening all over the world. What - are we going to have - worldwide protests for every transgression? No! Real change can only happen with a broad based concept and philosophy flexible enough to cover and mitigate bad behaviour for all everywhere on earth: The Positibe Mandate!

I can even show governments the world over that it is in their best interests to adopt The Positive Mandate - how - by showing how it helps their self interests for security and to stay in power. This even applies to the worldwide vote. Get me in closed session with member nations and let me make my case - 30 minutes later we have unanimous agreement for the worldwide vote at the UN as soon as possible. And I’m not making this up - just appeal to their own self interests. I’m sure a large number of you kneel and pray to God that I fail simply because my skin is brown and I have a Muslim name - well fuck you! I’m disseminating an idea and if I don’t do it someone, maybe a White Guy with a proper name may do it - so get off my case! But it would be good to show the reality and a brown guy doing stuff the media says he shouldn’t do! There is a world of hurt out there and I have ideas that will work - too bad the messenger isn’t to your liking. In other parts of the world it isn’t a problem - see how that works.

In other news.....

I finally have a signed contract for the Lucifari project - even during a pandemic! I’m taking one last look at the car as the three year warrantee expires in a week - far so good. Then waiting on the Fortress TV Show to start streaming on Prime. Always waiting.....

Goodnight.....

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/LNRBt34gORU
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m taking today off.....

Doing nothing today. Maybe some emails tomorrow but today I do nothing. I’m sick of the pandemic and sick of the police brutality stuff. I submitted three - yes three - charter applications and got nowhere. How many people do you know that did what I did after being “stopped” by police. Got nowhere with that. Going to Starbucks for a tall mocha and chill.....

Remember Rodney King? All those protests and riots and what happened? Nothing - want the proof? The proof is what happened two weeks ago. But there are endless examples. But the police thing is just one thing. For me not being able to grow socially and date was the biggest thing. Then there was school. Even applying to graduate school was a corrupt behind closed doors thing, where you get the nudge + wink that you were in and after that meeting you were out! Funny thing is that even now I wonder if I did something there that changed things. The reality is that nothing you could do would have changed that outcome. If Albert Einstein was Black, relativity would never have seen the light of day! If I was White you sure as hell would have seen me in graduate school and a professorship and who knows from there.....

Albert Einstein discussing Relativity!

It is not me, it is the world and human nature - we lie to ourselves that it was us, but any anthropologist with my race, location and time frame would have predicted my outcome - and they did - the stuff happening now was me operating outside my home environment. Internationally I can beat that devil, but back home it is back to the same old racist routine. And this is just me - one of 7.7 billion people, much of whom suffer in the same way. The only way to change things is by what I am doing right now, by disseminating ideas and concepts to bring out our better natures. I have only so many years left to be active and I have only so much energy to do things. It’s all in on the Positive Mandate. But all this pretentious crap going on now is just a bad distraction. Everyone and their mother knew what was going on before - like Rodney King (remember him) - and did nothing. But I have to do what I think has a chance and so far I have not seen anyone else internationally that has a vision for humanity that rivals my own and the strategy and access to make the play - not one out of 7.7 billion! And I am on my own, for the most part and it may actually be better that way. Protests all over the world vs. my lone wolf approach to disseminating change. The previous attempts tried the conventionally way don’t seem to work - so again, I have a chance.

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/aw9mEFn38to
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late one cause I had to do stuff.....

One of the stuff was fixing a nail in my tire. Bad luck? For people driving shit boxes it is, if you drive a nice car I’d say 50% bad luck and 50% deliberate. Who does this deliberately? All sorts of guys but usually some jealous guy who always wanted that car. In the same parking lot this week some guy parked a commercial vehicle 4” beside my car. That kind of parking is deliberate forcing me to climb into the passenger’s seat and over the shifter to start the car. Then another vehicle parked behind me making it difficult to get the car out of the lot. So hardy, har, har.....

When the tires wear out snow tires go on and larger performance wheels go on in the spring!

A deliberate nail is over the line and costs money to repair. There are cameras there and it would be more than fun to catch the guy and confront him! Anyway, no sounds of nails in the car driving there but the sound of a nail in the tire going home- you be the judge. But the nail is there so I waited till Saturday morning when the garages opened up to fix it. Everyone wanted to take the wheel off just to plug it and that had issues like deforming the cheap nuts on the car - the only good news is that I had those jacking rails on the car so their jack would not bend the pinch welds. Then there are the guys who want to take the tire off to fix it from the inside - then they have to rebalance and usually with the cheapest knock on weights while my wheels have glued on weights (the way God intended). So I went to my old faithful garage where all the kids brought their hot rods they love so much. He said he would plug it but had to take the wheel off. But he seemed to know about the Ford cheap ass nuts and said he would baby them on and off. He even had a low slung jack that actually fit under the jacking rails. I told them this car had the rails so he took out the wood he had in the cupped jack head - and even though I told he he could just jack away at the rails - he came back with a slimmer piece of wood to make sure the rails would not be scratched (I love mechanics like this guy). So he showed me why he had to take off the wheel because my tire rubber was too hard to do it on the car. So while he was plugging up the hole I checked out the pads and was aghast at some of those beautiful suspension components with surface rust. These were between the wheels and brakes and hard to get at with rust proofing but I will swab these “industrial works of art” tomorrow and forget about them. The bonus of buying the cheapest Mustang and also the cheapest sports car you could get - is that it’s cheaper to just give you the same suspension as the faster more expensive cars rather then make a crappier suspension for the cheaper models. It’s strange to have a car that looks beautiful when you take the rear wheel off! Anyway he put the patched wheel on and tightened all the nuts and it was as if it had never been in a garage before. So I got away with that one and still had my three year old new car. I’ve got seven more days till the warantee runs out and then it becomes a regular car. The tires wear out. The brakes wear out. The water pump goes out again. The usual for older cars - three years of bliss and then you budget for repairs.

I was so happy with the repair I bought some car wax and will do its seasonal waxing today. I checked and everything works on the car. The cold weather start up tick (when sitting for half a day) fix could just be a change to a lighter weight oil in the winter. So this Mustang looks like a keeper! I planned on a Hyundai Elantra but decided to stretch for the Mustang and couldn’t be happier with that decision! If I wasn’t trying to change the world I would probably have a full zoot V8 Mustang - and - a Corvette. But people back into the V8 Mustangs bashing in the grill instead of the V6 nail in the tire. The Vette gets a deep scratch in the side from some malcontent. I remember one businessman I knew who bought a new dark green Vette with a tan leather interior. Then someone scratched the side of the car and not by some accident. Sort of like taking a BuckMaster survival knife and digging in to the fibreglass past the surface layer and into true fibre - really making a statement! Anyway I met him a few years ago and the first thing out of his mouth was that he found out who scratched his precious Vette - his business partner! And so now I knew “the rest of the story.” So for those of you women scratching you heads about all this remember, guys love their cars and a way to get back at a guy is messing with his car. Every guy knows this - it’s a man’s world kind of thing.....

What else?

A second wave seems to be happening around the world so events in September and October are now in jeopardy. So a wasted year of sorts. There is still the music and video like the Lucifari project and The Dan Strudwick Show. There is always that.....

Later....,

https://youtu.be/jBXHFjpoW3o
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another nothing FOF day.

I’ll take care of some iaij emails and that is about it. Saturday was fixing the tire and waxing the car. Sunday is catching squirrels and checking under the hood as we are down to five days left on the warrantee. Everything looks fine. I also have to replace a flex hose on a sump pump out back. My dad’s car needs a top up of fluids. Just a relaxing day. I did go to Starbucks with my sterilized cup cap so I would not spill the coffee. I order a Tall Mocha - the dude returns telling me it’s my lucky day and that I got a Grande instead! So I had to drink it with the lid off and then some spilled on the car!

I did watch Batman vs. Superman on the weekend. I was thrilled with the movie up to about half way. The first have questioned the right of super hero’s to meddle in the affairs of humans. It also explored ever so slightly Superman’s relationship with Lois Lane. Then it goes off the rails with the introduction of Wonder Woman and a big fight with Lexi Luther’s Krypton creation. But - spoiler - the saving grace is the death of Superman. He will probably come back, but killing him off was satisfying.

‪"For women…bras, panties, bathing suits, and other stereotypical gear are visual reminders of a commercial, idealized feminine image that our real and diverse female bodies can't possibly fit. Without these visual references, each individual woman's body demands to be accepted on its own terms. We stop being comparatives. We begin to be unique." - Gloria Steinem

Now for the unsaid. Superman has a bizarre relationship with Lois. It could be non-sexual but I’ll bet they constantly screw like rabbits, but that is too risky for a kid’s movie. Same for Wonder Woman and her outfit. She is the ultimate powerful feminist and if she wears a skirt why on earth would she wear panties. She wouldn’t! But try flashing a hairy beaver and butt hole on a big budget movie. In reality that organ would be in constant display in battle but unattainable to everyone. That is her power and sexiness as a superhero. But me thinks in this movie after the main battle Batman and Wonder Woman would have screwed up a storm afterward. She would have considered him worthy.

But we are talking blockbuster movies here. There are all sorts of small arthouse movies that explore these things. Kuberick in an interview describes his contracts that explicitly stated the movie had to be PG and so on. So in this film the director was going on well with a compelling movie and then the movie heads overruled him and made the second part an action movie. In the end it made half a billion, so despite the criticisms it had a decent rerun on investment.

But as a film it got hyjacked. Explore art house and see real creativity. See Superman drilling Lois after he saves her. See the love triangle between Batman, Robin and Batgirl (making it with both) and the drama that ensues. Troll the 5 buck bin at Walmart for unique one off films and especially the Prime Video junk file for small unique films that explore what can’t be explorable in theatrical releases. Then you will see what I see - true creativity! Check it out if you dare or if you care.....

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/w6aZ7hHD3G0

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/C-rPPQL6w8s
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend was a change as I did no FOF or IAIJ stuff.....

Just chilled, hung out with the family, waxed the car, and watched movies. I still feel guilty and if there was no pandemic I would be guilty as all sorts of stuff would be happening now. But nothing is happening - so I can indulge my guilty pleasures and take time off! The positive mandate needs some news stories and needs to become a legitimate concept or philosophy. All the necessary bits and pieces are there already for that. But we have time.....

So what else?

So, 4 days left on the car warrantee and I am now past this. The car is mine now. And I can live with that given the sacrifices for advocacy. Sure beats driving around a Hyundai Elantra! You do wonder about whether you should have sprung the extra money for the V8. But the new V8s have major problems while the V6 is a problem free commercial workhorse at Ford. Here is one “not so happy customer” from Australia:

“Yeh .......Happening here down under in Australia. Oil changed at 5000 klms - @ 9000 klms Rattle started - driving slow through a car park drive thru - I thought timing chain was rattling "brand new car, brand new Ford V8" Wtf.... The NOISE would happen around 900 - 1200 rpms Took it to the Ford dealer said it was okay he had heard worse, just drive the car - However if it gets worse then bring it back....????? Well changed oil for 2nd service 10000klms - guess what, it just got worse.....Really. In Australia we are paying $60,000.00 for up to 2017 model now 2019 model is approx. $75,000.00. Surely there has to be an engineer at Ford that knows what is happening f................me. I thought I was buying a quality Ford Product.With all the previous posts about this issue - have you all got the problem sorted? Any info would be greatly appreciated or better still a FIX. I have never even redlined the engine thinking I will keep the car till I die so I will look after it.”

And what about the track inspired Mustang GT350 with the flat plane 5.2 Voodo hand built engine:

“Just over 1000 miles, going 60 MPH on the highway then engine began to misfire. Luckily I was only a couple of miles from the dealership that i bought this thing from and made it there. After a day of analysis I was told that the valve broke, causing damage to the piston and number 7 cylinder. An engine replace would be required, 3 to 5 weeks.

For $70k I got to drive the car for 2 months, this summer is now almost shot and I will be on engine number 2. Since the repair will take more that 30 days I am pursuing the Ford buy back process.”

This was no fantasy or memory lapse, a major fluid leak and this does not repair itself!

My engine noises (gone now for the summer and fall) are nothing compared to this. At the time I actually would have stretched for a base V8 but the dealers only stocked the premium V8s which would have been another 18,000 more - so no way! But it does ease you into the acceptance that the car you bought was the best you could have done given everything at the time. With my car I even wondered if there was a water pump leak at all - this is why you have photos of the leak, the fluid at the bottom of the block on a
your finger, and the dripping of fluid from the plastic belly pan under the engine just before you took it to the dealer. An 800 dollar repair I dodged there. They lied but did the repair anyway, dealers - avoid them at all costs! And that is it for the car stuff.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another day of more mundane stuff.

So far I got the garbage out of the house and cleaned up the garage. The squirrel has been relocated far east of Oshawa and to the north. Let’s see him get back from there! I let myself go a bit to remind myself of how old I am. I don’t need that reminder anymore so I may get around to preening myself up a bit. Taking care of a lot of little things.

I did have a cop try to mess with me on Monday in my Mustang. I kept to 50km limit and on the left so he couldn’t scan my plate and know it was an old fart. Then he tried pacing and I slowed to 40. I looked at him and he looked like the kind you could have problems with. So I drove slow till he gave up and I got behind him and he left. What do you do if a cop stops you? If possible get license and insurance out on the dash even before he gets out of the car. When he approaches you look at him and ask him “How can I help you?” That will catch him off guard! Then look around for his badge and badge number and make sure he sees you looking at it. The name does not matter, only the badge number. Volunteer no information. Do whatever he says without question and let him write the ticket. They only have discretion to crying women and people they like. Lately I get warnings but I have a track record of issuing charter applications - which they hate - but for everyone else, just get the ticket and get out of there (the cops have a phrase for guys like me: “Not worth the f**king trouble!”). Plead for a lower speed or infraction - but this takes away your right to bargain with the prosecutor if you fight it. I still do it but I’m already planning a Charter application along with it so that is different. That’s about it - just don’t take on the cops as you will always lose. In court your statement and evidence mean nothing as the cop is an expert witness. Being critical of the court does not work as the Crown cannot be brought into disrepute. Even if you have a clear case the Crown will not hear it unless someone dies or is injured, or jailed. Everything else falls on deaf ears. For fun I used to sit in on traffic tribunals every day after work (when I wanted to be a lawyer - another corrupt story there) and saw it all. The best stuff happens after everyone is taken care of and gone from the court with no witnesses but me - so there is a reason for journalists to sit in on court till the very end! I even saw people get thrown in jail for just speeding offences (before the current laws) when they thumb their nose at the court and don’t show up and you have a history with them. One case even had the prosecutor back down from jail time but this JP was on a roll and gave him three months. Never saw that on TV!

You learn you have no rights. The constitution where I live is so full of holes and exceptions you have no concrete rights. More accurately you are allowed to do things till you aren’t. Cops can enter your house for any reason and have a short list of valid reasons after the fact. Once you open your door more than a crack they can claim all sorts of stuff to gain access without a warrant. We are so smug with our criticisms of other countries without seeing ourselves in action. It all gets blurred from one country to another.

I hope all that does not depress you. I have tried all the remedies to right my wrongs and they got nowhere. The Positive Mandate is my solution. I already see the present civil rights moment fading with the “more sensitivity training” crap being offered - it does not work! Appeal to people’s self-interest as that is your self-interest to lessen all the hurt. Now that has a chance.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/Pp_jriZDSS8
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick one today.

I had to buy a kettle for my dad as his broke. That takes time as not everything is open yet. There is more to do and I have to take care of my appearance. The music production is really rolling ahead and so on. Hearing other black experiences just depresses me. That isolation and not being able to date or grow up socially when young really messes you up. That was the extra bit that bites later on. There is no going back, no rectifying things later on. Just a sad waste of a life that should never have had to go that way. Oh, the law school stuff. Did well in the LSAT and even got one of those interviews (you sit in a “V” and I was “interrogated” buy two, one was from Princeton. Got on a waiting list at Osgood Hall Law School and nobody gave up their seat (I think I was like next man up which hurt). Of course they say that - but now I’m sure the fix was in but they couldn’t get rid of me earlier, only later when there is no oversight (remember that unlike the States, law school seats are fixed in Canada - so competition is tight and a recipe for corruption, but I digress). At the time you always think it was you - I don’t think like that anymore. But I should as companies I threatened to sue admitted as much as they cut me a check along with me signing a release and gag order - there is always that!

I see Pepsi (who now owns Quaker Oats) has decided to retire “Aunt Jamima”. This actually was viewed as racist by me years ago - but forgotten recently, though the company says they tried to soften the unsavoury image. But these days they just assumed it was better to nix the whole thing. Bravo Pepsi!

Next up: Uncle Ben (Owned now by Mars - breaking news as of one hour ago they will change the branding):

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/m0oVaKU6iuQ

https://youtu.be/YNnk-oBwInM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 319, 320, 321 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 320 of 416

Jump to: