Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 317, 318, 319 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With captioning learned for the DVD, I’ll try the commentary track with a track of nonsense and see how it goes.

current production of the DVD!

Also, with the pandemic in full swing and people isolated, I can’t maintain social distancing in the studio. So I may just do the director’s commentary, but with audio clips taken from interviews sprinkled throughout the movie. I’ll include the movie poster and other things. Maybe some stuff from the premiere and a couple of songs and leave it at that.

What else?

Yes, as I look at movies where a sick society creates it’s monsters that provoke change, I find myself lacking in many ways. The only recent movie where the leading man is not better looking than me is “V for Vendetta” as the guy wore a Guy Falks mask for a reason. All the others have a male model looking guy playing the part.

Playing the part.....

Yes I am this older and uglier man than you see on the big screen - except for my movie - I keep forgetting that...... I did try to do what I am doing now when I was 28 and just could not do it. That is real reality. It would take three decades to do what I wanted to do back then. Thankfully The Fates gave me back at least seven biological years on my chronological age to keep doing what I am doing. But to do what you see in the movies in real life takes years - 17 so far for me. So I would have been 45 under the ultimate scenario of good fortune as opposed to the biological age of 53. Hmm: that is closer than I thought. Take away five years to scratch the itch of marriage and possible family life - and - you are left with maybe three wasted years. Not bad, and then there is the worry that some of my ideas would have been too radical in 2005 like the world wide vote at the United Nations. So basically for all you romantic women out there, I’m as close as you will ever get to the fantasy. I never found another at the international level promoting the kind of change like I am with the access, strategy, and most importantly the idea or philosophy for positive change for humanity. There aren’t many new and revolutionary ideas out there like the positive mandate. For now I’ll push the mandate idea for work at the World Bank/IMF and the WTO. I will also dip my toe into the AI world with the positive mandate as the base engram for sentient AI. It reaches all places and I have not seen anyone pushing anything like what I am doing at the places that matter - sorry to say that, but it’s the truth. I wish I could have found a group of people like myself. I wish I could have found that home. But no, I’m still on my own. Lone wolf.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/ozefr1do2Hg
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well one of my gang had a life threatening scare and all is good now - but now the bad luck comes.

Bad luck for me because I calculated the probabilities while things were “fluid” and correctly called the outcome. But for every good luck comes payback with bad luck and my stellar performing Mustang now has a gasket failure with the water pump. This is really bad news for front wheel drive cars as the leak empties into the engine, but on the rear wheel drive Mustangs it is external. So the problem was intermittent and I could have soldiered on for a while till things opened up a bit more. But my bumper to bumper warantee comes up in about a month and after that they can start to deny a claim. So off to the dealer it goes and the fights with the dealer to have them fix it and getting the car back with a few new dings. Now add the pandemic and they won’t even look at the car till Tuesday. At least I got three years of a pristine car! So there is the water pump leak. I now am driving my dad’s Buick Enclave - now with an ever worsening steering problem. I can still drive it but will evaluate the situation this weekend. Buick has a recall on the steering pump and rack for this car but ours is so old I don’t know if it still applies. So off comes the engine cover on Saturday and if the level is low we top up and work the air bubbles out and drive it like that till the newly dinged up Mustang appears again.

And the dealer may stone wall me on the pump replacements though almost all V6s get it at this type of mileage. The security guard where I work has the same car as me and he is 3000km less than me before this happens - he was not amused.....

But this is the most reliable Mustang of the lot they ever made. You can procharger or turbo charge the engine up to the platform limits (575 horsepower) and it will not burst. The Aston Martin Rapide has two of these engines welded together to make its V12. I’ve seen videos of turbo charged and nitrous boosted V6 Mustangs refuse to let go! So even with the gasket failure I’m still a fan of this engine. Test muscles for performance shops go well over 200,000 “miles” still kicking. And as for the tick in startup in cold weather - I may wait and just take the valve covers off myself and make sure the bolts that hold the caps down are tight and then forget about it. The current V8s are the worst engines ever, with ticks and piston slap Ford says is “normal”. Don’t believe me? Here is one example:

“I own a 2019 Mustang GT. It has 14k miles on it. I bought it when it had 700 miles on it. I did the first oil change, at dealership, because it was free. I did this around 1800 miles. They only put 8 qts in it and I didn't realize it until a few hours of driving later. I immediately added 2 qts at home. The engine was making a tapping noise in the lower engine. My engine guy diagnosed it as a possible valve spring problem. I took it back to Ford and they kept it a few days and said it was a "normal Coyote sound"..this seems to be the normal thing around here. Of course, the 2k rattle followed and the infamous typewriter tick. I band-aided the tick with Ceretec and it eliminated the "sound", after my second dealership visit yielded the same "normal sound" diagnosis. Finally I did a third visit to really push the issue with the valve train tapping. The service manager kept it a few days and said a Ford rep visited, listened, and said NO to replacement. The rep said it was normal. The service manager, very candidly, said to just blow the engine and they would have no choice to replace it then.

Challenge accepted

Present Situation

Engine gave out a few weeks ago, traveling at normal speed, in sixth gear. A fellow mustang driver, behind me, saw the smoke and alerted me by honking. I was smoking bad. Pulled over immediately and all my oil had emptied through my exhaust. Towed to my dealership and they confirmed it was time for a new engine. I could relax and know i'd be getting a brand new engine with all the PCM updates, etc. Great!...sucks but at least I'd be rid of that awful tapping sound.

I called the service manager today to get an update as it was supposed to be done last week and they told me, due to COVID19, the Engine manufacturing plant was closed. It has been closed for awhile. There are not any Coyote engines available in the entire country. He did NOT have an ETA. When I asked if it could be months or longer, he said yes it could be. So now we're "possibly" looking at the dealership having my car through the entire summer and maybe into the fall a bit. To me, this is unacceptable. Yes they provided me with a 2020 Ford Escape loaner. But that's not a mustang...

Does anyone with experience, dealing with Ford, think it's possible to get a buyback OR some kind of compensation for losing my car for up to half a year? Yes I'm still paying on it and so forth. Another concern of mine is it has a custom ceremic coating and such...I'm not thrilled with it sitting on a lot, uncared for, for half a year...It's kept in a garage at my house and always kept clean.”

That is just one Mustang V8 story. There is an army of V8 heartbreak over there so I’ll stay with my car and it’s problems. So a lot of car stuff all of a sudden.

I burned my production DVD as I could go to production without the commentary and the setup button disappeared! So a weekend figuring that out and more bad luck. You want one piece of good luck and little bits of harassing bad luck and that is what I have now. That is how you work the luck in your life.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/VcuXLuUI8wg
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well things are getting done.....

First of all we will make a formal statement about another recording contract with three members of Twenty6Hundred who will now go under the band name of Lucifari. This should be an EP and that is all I will say about it now. Production is well underway at the moment though.

The Real Life: Real Lives DVD menus!

The DVD is now finished with everything but the director’s commentary. I got everything to work including the subtitles Saturday night. So I’ll do the comments for the Real Life: Real Lives short first and see what it sounds like and how it works on the DVD - and then move on to the main feature. So we start that today and when the commentary is done I may add a few extra bits and then work on the cover of the DVD case.

I also checked out my car at the dealer. It is parked by itself with a work tag on it. There is nothing else to do but wait.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/Twqtc-O87Hw
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A productive day.....

I finally got around to making the director’s commentary for The Fortress Experiment. That is two and a half hours of me talking and I did it in one take! So I now have something to work at and that makes it a big deal.

I’m also in this funk about Covid 19. Not only about how it affects my ability to advocate for the positive mandate, but on a more personal level. Covid 19 reminds you about your mortality. I’m 60 now and that matters with this bug. You would think you had more time to do things, and now you may not have that guarantee. I know I’m on the cusp of concern and I’m in perfect health, but this bug’s effect on you is not linear but problematic. You just don’t know and you see it’s effect on what you care about the most. It just has this dampening effect on your life. Like taking the bus after dropping off my car at the dealer. Yes, changes are right there in front of you. Whenever there is a death at some workplace you check the age - last one was 57 - not good.....

Taking the bus during the “plague”!

So that’s what is going on in my head right now.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bonus post for me today as we have some important news from FOF RECORDS:

Shane Murphy wrote:
LUCIFARI Signs Recording Contract with FOF Records!

By Shane Murphy, Fortress of Freedom Inc. / FOF Records Inc.

Michael Atkinson

FOF Records Inc. and the Fortress of Freedom Corporation are excited to announce that the band LUCIFARI has signed a recording contract for an upcoming EP tentatively titled Anarklogy. LUCIFARI is a Canadian band made up some familiar faces at FOF including Michael Atkinson, Mihai Trusca and Randy Nolson. For now we have set up a website for the band at:

http://lucifari.com

Much more information about the band and the music will be coming up in the next few weeks, but for now let us all congratulate LUCIFARI with its first music contract with FOF and FOF Records!

https://fofrecords.com

FOF RECORDS: CUTTING EDGE MUSIC!

Production is well under way and all I will say now is that this stuff ROCKS! It will be darker than most previous material but we have been going in that direction as of late as traditional music production still resides in the heavy metal and nu-metal/death metal genres. Much more on this to come but I just wanted to formally congratulate the band online for signing with us and best to all on this latest music contract with FOF and FOF Records!

Later.....

https://youtu.be/9VHA0H8peZ0
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ISO test image of the DVD took forever to generate but did produce the short director’s commentary and nothing for the main movie.

So I will see what worked and what didn’t and get back into it. I want better commentary for the short and so will experiment with turning up the volume in the background and seeing how it sounds. The main movie was just my voice. Two hours and 28 minutes just to try something is too taxing on me so that will be added into the timeline and exported. But I’ll mess with the short first.

In other news.....

Jelleestone at FOFSTOCK!

Why keep going with the label now that the experiment is over? Because we are still trying to find a model for the music industry that can work. Earlier last year I thought it could not get any worse, but now even big concerts are off the table - literally all forms of revenue are now gone in the music industry! The pandemic seems to have driven the last nail in the music industry coffin! So why bother?

Jelleestone's fans at FOFSTOCK!

We keep the label going because we are a creative idea dissemination action organization. The music industry needs new ideas and we have done everything the big players in the industry have done but on a much smaller scale. But we are a corporate conglomerate and have done everything from making music to small venue performances, to lengthy performance schedules to big ass outdoor concerts. Everything they do we did - but on a smaller scale. So if we have an idea that works it can readily be scaled up to big business standards. So the opportunity is there - all we need is the idea.....

Jelleestone's fans at the stage barricades at FOFSTOCK!

I’m not in this for the money. I want to create new ideas and see the world adopt these ideas and change things on a global scale. Knowing I did this is enough for me in the end, but helping humanity via that moral
imperative is the real answer.

Night time crowd!

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/Rs6yHVZaidI
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things keep getting busier these days.

First web page!

I ran out of time yesterday, but did start on the www.lucifari.com website. Right now it’s just this basic placeholder thing until the band gets involved in further development. But I needed something up with some links so it can appear in the search engines. There is nothing like promoting something that has no web presence - so starting a basic website while the band concentrated on tracking was my job that day. The home screen artwork is close to what that first EP cover should look like. Dark for dark times, so maybe we will get some traction here - only time will tell.

Second web page!

On the DVD front I will make “take 2” of the Real Life: Real Lives short film commentary and then get them into the editor. Then I will look at exactly how to get the commentary working with the other files on that disc. We may go to a dual layered DVD disc to get the quality I want - but we shall see.....

I’m still in this old man funk thing due to the pandemic. I don’t feel old and don’t really look that old so what the funk? Beats me, but Covid 19 doesn’t seem to care. If my biology is actually younger I stand a better chance but an extra 7 years as a 53 year old is still risky for this bug. There are just no positives with this thing. You are just constantly reminded of your age, your fate, and your mortality. In short it sucks, and with everything being cancelled it gets harder to advocate in the remaining time left. My problems are just one of billions of problems around the world. You just have to deal with the situation as it is. Having said that some other things never change. Prime will have to be bugged into approving our latest TV show as it’s overdue. The car should have been looked at yesterday but I expected them to delay so they get a call tomorrow. Everything else is put on hold. As usual I may be able to change the world but I’m just another third class citizen where I live. You can’t change stupid.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/Yj8mHwvFxMc
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m at the dealer.....

So the car has been sitting in the back lot since last Friday even though he said it would be looked at on Tuesday. So I paid them a visit to try to see when they can look at it. Yes, we are not talking about “fix” - no - we are talking about looking at it. They say they will call me. So we have a long weekend coming up and I figure next Tuesday before they even look at it - then tell me they can’t replicate it and charge me almost 200 dollars for the experience. It will get logged into the system so when it really lets go (just after the warrantee expires next month) I have a chance to have it repaired. So that is the plan and there really isn’t much I can do now - with the warrantee expiring in weeks.

In other news.....

current production of the DVD!

The DVD now works! Everything is there now l works. I could go to production with the thing as is. The only question is whether I really want the commentary just as a voice alone or with the audio background of the movie. I’ll have to listen to many commentaries and make the determination. But I am now at a place where I only dreamed of being a couple of weeks ago. So major progress there! And I know some of you wonder why the hassle for a fading form of media - but it matters to me as I lived it! Like the movie premiere in a big old fashioned theatre, it was mostly for me, being a part of an activity I lived as a kid. If you cheat on the dreams and goals you had as a younger person - then you never have the opportunity to attain them. It’s sort of like some old farts getting into the newspaper business as the writing was on the wall for print media. They got in even with the financial losses expected so that they could accomplish that dream of being a newspaper barren before the opportunity faded. You only live once and attaining a dream is still a rare thing in your life.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/XgFtQPgHyek

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/312Sb-2PovA
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I burned the DVD of the latest version of our movie.

That will work if need be but I want to tweak it even more. I would not mind having the movie posters for both movies and some production photos in there. The audio commentary is good as stand alone talk, but I would want to zoom in on the actual movie audio when I took a break. So I’ll input the audio into my editor and mess around with it. It will either work with keeping the file sizes down or it will not - we shall see. Then it’s the DVD cover for the manufacturer and also picking the manufacturer which ideally would be the one that we picked for the last Twenty6hundred CD here in Toronto. Sale of the DVD will ideally be done through Amazon. All our books, video and such are through Amazon so this decision is a no brainer.

So that is where we stand now. I will bug Amazon Prime Video about our TV show anytime after Monday. As for the car? I now found out that all cars get quarantined these days for three to four days before a mechanic will even look at it. So maybe it gets looked at next week. The old man funk continues as I am constantly reminded of my age which sucks. It forces you to think about unpleasant things like life, death, retirement, unfulfilled dreams and ambitions; and most of all a world of the future that does not include you. That is what Covid 19 has done to me. I figured another thirty years of life - but you never know these days - maybe another two weeks. It messes with your mind and how to live your life. You would rather just ignore it all and keep working on the stuff you love but responsibilities are there to be planned for - unpleasant as they may be. It just puts you in this funk.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/mT3tcL_cCBU
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good nights sleep and taking advantage of a rainless day.....

This is a long weekend for me and so Saturday is a bit of a break. I will start work on the DVD but I will take in some sun and clean the interior of that Buick Enclave I now drive. In prestige condition from hardly being used, driving it around fixed the steering issues for now. The low pressure warning for one wheel is gone with use and so on. So I’ll vacuum out the interior and wipe it down today. I’d rather do that to my Mustang - but whatever. I’ll pass by the dealership and see if it is still there or off for a weekend with some staffer - hopefully not blowing the engine as fluid leaks out. But it will still be parked there I’m sure.

Work continues on the latest Lucifari EP with a change from the devil imagery to the pigeon helmet pandemic image of old. I’ll update the website home page but the label now seems to be going to the dark side as of late. I am
constantly reminded that the dark side is never looked at as the dark side by those in the supposed dark side. They think their ways are right and they are doing good. Like in the first Hellboy movie, Hellboy is brought to earth by creating a rip in the universe allowing alien things to enter - one of which was baby Hellboy. He had a weird rock like right arm which we later learn was the key to open the heavens and bring upon the destruction of the world. The man that orchestrated this believed that WW2 was the final straw for humanity and the world needed a reset by wiping the earth of humanity and thus a new eden would be born. That is how the dark side looked at it. This has parrellels to the real world. We always think we are right on an issue and “they” are wrong. Those on the other side think the same. But to resolve issues like this you have to see both sides or have empathy for both sides to see all perspectives and hopefully find a way to resolve the issue. That is called diplomacy and at the UN this is sort of how you do business. Think of the world as not black hats and white hats - but as grey hats. Everyone on both sides are just like us - they aren’t any crazier than we are and if you open your heart to the other’s perspective there is still hope for a better future. Sometimes I wonder but that is how it goes so far around here.

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/O9FEVyvuAzk
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it’s decided - I’m putting in a background movie track to the audio commentary.....

That goes into the editor tonight and I’ll start with the short and learn the right levels and take that knowledge to the feature movie. But the big thing for Saturday was cleaning dad’s 2008 Buick Enclave with like only 37,000kms on it. My parents got lucky buying the first model year and not having a real do over until 2018. So the car still looks new! I washed the car on Thursday and couldn’t find any rust. So on Saturday I cleaned the interior and found that brand new with even the cardboard seat instruction tags still on the rear seats! So driving this thing is like driving a new car! It has three rows of seats and climate controlled for front and back passengers. Power outlets and cup holders for all. And that engine is snappy like my Mustang’s. I may go cruising tonight with the Enclave - who knows.....

Now having said all this - it is not lost in me that the pandemic has pushed quantum computing to the forefront as its use in viral biological modelling is in a different universe. It is also not lost on me as to the reinvention for the job market due to the pandemic. The positive mandate has much to say on both fronts. So as I prattle on the usual matters, the big scores are very much in play, and I am strategically positioned to disseminate the best ideas at the most influential moment.

Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. The pandemic sucks but has given me a chance to change the world or help save the world. And yes - it’s just a chance - but out of all 7.7 billion on earth, who is doing what I am doing? Nuff said.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/w2_DNggVse4
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura wrote:
FOF Signs Contract with Amazon Media On-Demand!

By Laura Tommasone

The Fortress of Freedom corporation is pleased to announce that we have entered into an agreement with Amazon to have them manufacture and ship on-demand media for FOF products like our upcoming DVD of The Fortress Experiment. The agreement also includes on-demand CDs for audiophiles that need that 16bit audio over the standard compressed files. However FOF subsidiaries may contract with Amazon directly as need be (such as FOF RECORDS Inc.). This contract took effect as signed and executed on May 17, 2020

More news as it becomes available.

FORTRESS OF FREEDOM: BRINGING THE MASS MEDIA TO THE MASSES!

So some form of manufacturing and distribution can take place even during the plague! Speaking of which my audio commentary for the the main movie is done and the short only needs a review and that is done. So by the end of the day we should have all that in there along with some stills of both movies. I would love to take a break and talk more about things - but time is running out so you will have to wait until the next update.....

Later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the DVD disc may be finished! I’m creating an ISO image for the disk and if everything works we are good to go! Then all we have to do is finish up the artwork for the DVD case and disc face and off to Amazon it goes.

current production of the DVD with some production stills being added!

I’ll be honest with you and state that finishing up the disc and preparing to create the ISO image got me in a very melancholic mood. Very depressed/sad/nostalgic feeling for all those wonderful moments in the past that may never happen again. They still could, but that was the feeling. I suppose the real end of the experiment was coming back from the UN in 2019 after having put all my luck on disseminating the Positive Mandate there and then. That happened and then all the bad luck began as soon as I left the United Nations from that successful side event – like within 20 minutes. The end was me walking back home with my luggage down the middle of the street with snow everywhere – such a humble homecoming – but the trip was as successful as I could ever imagine! Since then everything has been mixed.

Commercially we got all the video out there on Amazon, after a miserable experience with the film festivals. But in the end – not as miserable as the film festivals in 2020 – there is always that….. But the video did find a home on the Prime streaming platform. Only one left to go and it is the original Fortress TV Show. There was an argument in my head that the show was special and should just live on as this obscure thing that really happened but cloaked in mystery. If Amazon approves it then it goes live and anyone can see it – no mystery anymore. It is funny, on one hand I want the thing on Amazon, but getting it on means you have run out of video and it is basically done. The DVD then means that final nail in the coffin has been struck and time to move on. That probably is the reason for the melancholia. We still continue with video in the future but the experiment was my life’s work as it supports an idea/concept/philosophy I am pushing and will push for the rest of my life. Publishing the book on the positive mandate was sort of a sign post to the future. A chapter is closing on the journey and it was a wild ride!

So that is what is going through my mind right now. Take if for what it is. Life is not a perfect storybook with a perfect storybook ending. I got much out of this experiment and it’s not over yet. But time is running out and this pandemic has made decisions for so many things. I would say the Lotto Film Festival is dead in the water due to Covid 19. I bitched about not getting a theatre date with the public library system, but now I look at that as good luck since I will not lose any money or hassle putting on an event that can’t happen. I would say that any version of FOFSTOCK 2 is dead in the water due to Covid 19. These events can cost thirty grand to put on and even with deferred dates that can be forever deferred, many expenses will be lost - that kind of loss is a killer to the pocket book with nothing to show for it! Live events are fickle like this but nobody ever thought about a pandemic. Even the small theatre production is dead in the water due to Covid 19. We were donators to the Toronto Fringe Festival and the theatre production would have been something new and in line with the way I like to handle this stuff as this festival is by lottery and not the subjective judgment. The festival could still carry on but too many obstacles for us. Another showing of the movie at a big ass theatre – no way – as we can’t chance a crowd due to Covid 19. The Royal Cinema where we had our premiere is closed until further notice, and I wonder how long they can survive in the current environment? That loss would be huge as there aren’t many of those places around. You get the drift as all the big crowd events are no-goes for a few years. And I only have a few years left. It is like The Fates have told me to move on and legitimize the positive mandate in the fabric of humanity as time is limited - I get it! Still it is fun to see Michael making music the way he has to these days. How could I say no to him as so much at this end is shut down by a microscopic virus. You just keep chugging along despite what fate puts in your way…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I’ll add some more this morning.

The generated ISO image was a success with everything working after I burned a disc from the file which is how it will happen with Amazon. The only thing I didn’t do was the metadata in the disc - we shall see what happens there. But success nevertheless and compared to where I was on Friday - this is mission accomplished! But metadata aside, we still need to lock down the art work. Amazon has a template for that and I’ll start on that later today after I download the templates.

The commentary was a bitch to get right but right now it is as good as the others. The last commentary I listened to was Roman Polanski talking about the Ninth Gate (no I’m not into the occult or devil worship) and the style is the same. So the artwork and maybe metadata and maybe a font change - but the news keeps getting better.....

some early stick on labels.

Later.....

https://youtu.be/h_g7zh8lgo0
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some shopping yesterday.

I bought another fanny pack that holds a mask, rubber gloves and Purell. But the one I have has a broken clasp and was dragged on concrete a few times. The new one is when I want to go out but not look ragged.

I also visited the office where I have been away for awhile. This is on Allstate Parkway just north of Toronto. One of the gals gave me my mail which I expected but along with it a letter from the province asking for clarification on our annual return - always some crap like that thrown in. When I send it off next week nobody will see it for months as everyone is home - but whatever. This office is on the sixth floor and I had to decide whether to take the stairs or elevator. I didn’t know if they unlocked the doors for the plague or not so I took the elevator. I always forget to photograph the elevator, but imagine a big clear sheet of plastic covering all the buttons. Then these round markers - three of them - to show you where to stand. I decided to take the elevator as the Lobby was empty but get off it it stopped on the way up. I made it and got my stuff and caught up in things at the business park. Then the trip down. Protocol says take the stairs but I wanted to try the elevator but get off if it stops to let other people on. It didn’t so the new procedure works for now.

That was yesterday and I bugged Amazon about delays on our latest TV show, so that got done. Car is still at the dealers and there it stays.

Amazon Template

So for Wednesday I start work on the DVD case. Most of this will happen next week as I have it off. But I’ll get all the files ready. The actual disc stays as is for now - surprisingly.

Then there is the record label and three projects on the go but with one very active as in the Lucifari EP. Google finally is showing the website and another tweak in the website home page in next few days. With concerts dead because of the plague I am also sadden to see that singing seems to spread the virus effectively, so even small events at dive bars is probably verboten. So there is actually no business plan for music at this moment. Music is no longer a business right now - imagine that. The music industry just takes one hit after another. But I will stand by our record label. Musicians need a place where they belong and help them create. Many are emotionally fragile and need that support you find in the old fashioned labels to keep them going. So the record label stays alive! If anything I will keep it going just out of spite! Yes - I’ll keep it going just out of spite for a world that considers this art valueless. I owe the industry and the artists that much. A proper model will come and hopefully end in musicians working full time as musicians - as the positive mandate states.

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/3ayI-3FVQvs

https://youtu.be/GGhu5Zl5ry8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 317, 318, 319 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 318 of 416

Jump to: