Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 311, 312, 313 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll take care of this update now and be done with it…..

The farewell tour continues with the movie rendered into DNxHD format and ready for broadcasters. I also rendered the Fortress Variety Show but this needs more work to fit in with the structure of the Series. Not a big deal but that working copy is rendered. I stopped there and turned the machines off. It feels like the movie stuff – put into storage. Similarly with the UN stuff. They are dealing with the NGOs a bit differently this year with more integration along with member states though I only really just started looking hard at the general discussion. But was this trip necessary? Probably not if I waited till that last moment but you can’t see into the future so the hotel and plane fare were good to go before you knew – so a vacation if it all went south. So while I have a couple of things to do at the United Nations, this is not like last year. Plus, you have the feeling you have done all you can do there at that place. You need to move on like to Geneva, the WTO and the World Bank/IMF that rejected you last year. You have to carry on even if it is a farewell or sorts.

The reception area of our office!

Going digital with The Fortress, for example, closes a door of physical media (paper) that we had a bit of tradition about us. That got the farewell tour. The problem with me is that you have these affectations that came with most of your previous life. Paper newspapers, traditional TV, Music with records and then CDs, it has all changed and you got a taste of it before it disappeared. Even at UNESCO and the UN, you got in while it was in change. Not radical enough for what you espouse, but yes, things are changing and the ground is moving beneath your feet. Because you yourself promote major radical change you sort of slipped between the cracks of the Baby Boomers and Generation Z. My farewell tour is for the Baby Boomer world and I am shoved into Generation Z or else you completely opted out. I’m not opting out so you have to say goodbye to the familiar and that which you previously evaluated your success on. Take that newspaper box that greets you at the door to the office. Now it’s a prop, it’s a joke for the kids. The papers were printed on high quality paper so they won’t turn yellow for a while but eventually they will get old. That newspaper box was literally one of the last new boxes in all of Toronto. I was one of the last to get one. I have a skid of CDs that nobody will ever buy. I will hand them out again to our artists and shrink the stock, but the time of the CD has past also. DVDs ad Blurays are still there but you know the score. I still want to record that director’s commentary, sit down with some of our gang and reminisce as we watch the movie and talk about it. Then just make a handful of DVDs for the staff and crew and be done with it. The staff is like me and love the props. Even while I’m in New York the office is manned and business as usual. Always someone to deal with and such. So while the companies are active, what I cherish is becoming obsolete. That is what this farewell tour business is all about. Everyone else has moved away from those old fashioned affectations. I was delivering the newspapers by myself at the end - now even I don’t do that. And there you go: The Farewell Tour. Not the end but still a farewell tour.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/cHLbaOLWjpc
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot about you guys.....

Waiting to get on the plane!

In New York - updates in a few hours.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in this.....

This pic is the same as the first pic I ever took of the UN back in 2015, so long ago!

This trip was a mistake but I’m already here. Too much to get into but the cherry on top was me enabling “international roaming” only to find that “international roaming”does not include “US roaming” but by the time I found that out I had pilled up a small bill and it still is not enabled despite what they said. There is more I won’t get into but this just sucks.

So off to the hotel I go and see what went wrong there. I’ll just go though the motions and just try as this is all you can do now. It what it is but if I could go back in time......

Anyway I take the “4” train to Bowling Green to check out the Statute of Liberty; only problem is there is an emergency on the line and I have to get off at Brooklyn Bridge and spend 10 bucks on a taxi getting down to the Staten Island ferries. The Staten Island ferry is free but not to the Statute of Liberty - that’s $19.25. So me and the other vacationers go to Lady Liberty to see her in the flesh. Note that you don’t get inside the statute, you need a special pass applied before hand, you just wander around the thing and take pictures. Then back in the open boat with no windows and a cold arctic air chilling you down.

The Statute of Liberty

So that was the highlight for Sunday, now here is the thing about the UN on Monday.....

The reality is that it is almost impossible for me to do anything of significance at this year’s session. The general discussion is almost over and we were never accepted to make to make a statement. Even if I tried to do something ad hoc, there is no time to ask anyone or set anything up. The general discussion starts at 10am and you would have to ask around before then. But I don’t have a grounds pass so I have to go to this office on 45th Street and wait in line to get the past that gets you into the United Nations. Then I have to walk to the UN and wait in line to go through the security screening and by that time the session is “in session”. Then I still have to get into the ongoing session at Conference Room 4, because even though I applied in time they still didn’t approve the registration for the event. So I have to sort that out and they could just deny me access.

So that’s what I’m up against on Monday, but there is a huge silver lining to it all! I sent in my “voting application speech” weeks ago. People at the Commission had to read it and react to it and whether it should be included or not, there may have even been a group discussion about it. Maybe one or some member nations reacted negatively to it, so it could have been tossed in a big way. If this happened - then - I scored BiG TIME!!!!! By having such a negative reaction to the idea means the idea was successfully disseminated and looked at and judged at the Commission. That is what I was trying to do. It does not matter is it’s before the camera in session or behind the scenes in private, if the idea was released to those that mattered and they reacted to it then it was all a success! New ideas are rarely embraced from the “get-go”, usually there is a strong negative reaction to something new and revolutionary. But I may have scored by just having the idea get such a negative reaction.

This is the way of what a philosopher like myself has to do in the political world of international advocacy. I disseminate the idea and have it become a legitimate talking point. This does not happen overnight. But this is what I do. The barriers placed in front of me only allude to what happened behind the scenes. But I my have achieved success in a very quiet and not obvious way. It may not stroke my ego as The Fates don’t care about that, but a score is a score, is a score! Anyway, when I fight with them at the reception I will ask about how to get credit for all those sessions I attended but were not mentioned in our activity file. Currently it only says we were at the 2017 session where we did the voting app side event. But I was at the 2018 session and we did the speech and side event at the 2019 session and no mention of either. So that has to be rectified before I submit my 4 year review to continue our consultative status. So I still have to take care of stuff even if it is not on the session floor. It is what it is.

Anyway that is what is going on right now. Subterfuge, subterfuge, and more subterfuge. Welcome to my world.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday ended up being the most fun I ever had at the United Nations.....

Remember that I thought all hope was lost having any chance doing anything at the UN. But I would try! So the day started at the UN grounds pass office at 9:10am or so and waited in line and got the pass and was out of there by 9:30am. Cleared the security at the UN only to find that registration for the Commission was at the pass office I just left. I went back and found I was registered and the status was confirmed by email. Better yet, I met someone from the Commission that would see if they could get me a spot on the speakers list. So ironically, everything got executed according to plan. I did all that I could have done!

The first half of the day went like last year with the remaining member nations and the first NGOs making statements. So I figured I might have a chance in the afternoon, but I was also told that since the speech was not approved they would have to approve it during lunch. Humm - this was getting exciting which is a rarity for me at the United Nations. I got some lunch and practiced the speech as I didn’t before figuring I had no chance. I even shot a quick video then as things were getting interesting.

I was here all day long!

So back in session for the afternoon as one by one NGOs spoke. As someone trying to get in after the fact, I figured I would be last and so you just kept listening for your name one after another, on and on.... Then the Chairperson declared the oral statements over and - “poof” - you were finished! Turns out the speech didn’t get approved. I then found out another like me that tried and also was shut out. I should have gone up to the person and compared notes - but the moment had passed. So I had now graduated to the “bad boy” club.

In the end, the strange thing was that I was not all that disappointed. It was actually fun and exciting. Of course I would have liked to have spoken but I came into this thinking it was a total waste but finding out there were things you could still try. It didn’t work - this time - but I was trying stuff and playing the system as opposed to the newbie me that back in the day just accepted things. An online voting app at the UN is not popular for obvious reasons as seen at my side event in 2017. In 2020 nothing has changed, but you did disseminate the idea when you applied and it was disseminated again today. Now it was not forgotten or lost in the shuffle, you know better now, they just didn’t want anything to do with the idea. So it didn’t get approved again. But it got noticed again! Like I said yesterday, what I am doing is dissemination, breaking the ice, putting it out there and hopefully it starts getting discussed. This is already happening with one group of undergrad Generation Zs talking about a disability app being endorsed by the UN. So it will only get worse for member nations as the world gets more connected. I’m now not the only one. I’m probably the only one that tried to throw a knock out punch for online voting - but someone had to be provocative and as a journalist org with no ongoing projects with the UN or funding to think about - it may as well have been us. We are like a frog that can jump from one lily pad to the next. There will always be a new and different issue with another part of the UN.

So I actually got some fun and excitement out of this trip! That is a rare for me. Sure we came up short but I thought we had no chance and for a while I actually didn’t know what was going to happen. So maybe this trip was not a total waste after all. It looks like rain tomorrow so I took off to Central Park and the Apple Store and checked out the office on Park Avenue, so if it really rains on Tuesday I just stay close to home. I still have to figure out how to get credit for all those sessions we were a part of. So I will try to find that out at the UN itself before I leave. Also, I have to have one decent meal at the UN cafeteria and that should happen tomorrow also. So I the end I did get to disseminate the UN voting app idea to member nations today - just not the way I would have liked - but it did get disseminated and noticed.....

Oh yes: The new UN card is perfect and doesn’t look like it was run over by a car, there is always that. I’m back in Toronto tomorrow night but if I get to the airport early I will arrive earlier - especially if it’s constant rain in New York.

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home.....

Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is past noon and I still have not unpacked or shaved. The flight back home was delayed and I didn’t arrive home till the wee hours of the morning. But I can show you the oral statement of ours that didn’t get approved and you can figure out why (I already know):

https://fortressoffreedom.com/IAIJ_2020_Statement_to_the_58th_Session_of_the_Commission_for_Social_Development.pdf

I have to get this day started, so more on the debriefing later.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An early update today. I’m back to my old self again. Things have moved on. As odd as it will sound, but I really want to get the positive mandate idea as a talking point amongst the quantum computing community like how I did it at the UN.

When I was at US Customs being asked my reason for visit, the border agent (the type people fear - a middle-age white guy, etc.) asks questions and then gets really interested in what I’m doing. This time he was looking at his screen and he just blurted out: “What are you - some kind of professor?” I’d like to say in a perfect world that would be the case, but in this world the best I can say is a journalist who heads a journalist association. He let me in, and they always eventually let me in, I may be brown but I’m still a mid-western prairie boy and it always comes out.

But anyway this surreptitious form of dissemination really seems effective and with no professor credentials it is probably the only way to lobby the idea amongst these folk. So that is what was on my mind today. Apply to prestigious quantum computing events as a speaker with no chance of speaking - but disseminate the idea of the positive mandate as a base engram for sentient AI - just like I did at the UN!!!!! I’ll come back to the UN soon enough and talk or bitch about it. But the group my age that was around when quantum computing was just theory is very small. In fact, I may be the only one my age that can legitimately claim to family lineage to the whole thing as I grew up with quantum computing and qubits as dinner table talk in my early twenties. So I called computers evil and failed my dad’s computer science class at Ryerson, but still this was a part of me and what helped shape me. I own this! But enough of this, what follows are some thoughts of mine as I waited to get a plane out of New York and come back home.....

“I’m just waiting to go back and get my luggage and go to the airport.

It’s a funny feeling as I’m kind of depressed again. You’re in this city alone and it kind of gets to you when nothing is on the go. As pointless as yesterday was in the end, at least you felt alive and the possibility of change via dissemination gave you a reason for being. When you are out of that atmosphere you are back to the life the anthropologists gave you and it just sucks.

I’m not the biting the hand that feeds me by trying to provoke change at the UN with the voting app or the positive mandate idea. It’s all for the betterment of humanity. It’s all good and now I have to see if they let us stay in the UN system. I always get cast out of any community I join. They have rules but do not bother with them when it comes to me. They do it in the middle of the night. Sometimes it helps me develop but at my age you are sort of looking for a landing pad where you can stay. You want to belong somewhere. But you aren’t willing to give up as much as others that are ruled by social pressure. Plus you operate at the UN via a moral imperative and not some selfish reason. Sooner or later your ideas are going to rub people the wrong way like this week. This is all good on my part unless they cast you away. So I’ll try to stay in status for the next little while.

BTW: The flight is delayed a few hours which is just wonderful and I’m thinking of just driving there in the future if it makes economic sense. This just sucks. I’ll lament the whole ordeal and it’s place in that grande scheme of things another time. I just want to go home and sleep.....”

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more......

Just remember in all this that if I am honest, this was not some contrived thing at the United Nations from start to finish. The start was contrived or “executed according to plan”, but after that it was all live action. I really wanted to speak and when I didn’t I was pissed off. It was only later thinking about it - that I saw what The Fates had really given me. Like last year, as soon as you scored with regards to that positive mandate at the UN, then the bad luck happened and it wouldn’t stop. The delays with the plane last night and the scrunched seats that made me feel like an old man this morning and who knows what else to come, are the pay back for this strategy. But I now have a strategy that should see me through to the end in all areas I want to disseminated ideas to. You just apply to speak and allude to the idea and the book we just published and “bingo”, the idea is distributed. Maybe as an “also ran” you get an invite to that event and can lobby the positive mandate there in person.

The Fates!

So the trip was a complete success even though it may not look like it from the outside. Like I said, The Fates don’t care about my superficial ambitions or bragging rights. They only care about the offer I make and what happens to those who get to decide. The positive mandate give a possible sentient AI its own destiny and self-determination. Narrow minded scientists and business people are the worst folk to be entrusted to “play God” and they need help - even if it works against their self-interests.

Only right is right!!!!!

Goodnight again.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m still excited about the trip.....

So I didn’t get a proper night’s sleep but got up at 1:00am and washed the car then drove around downtown thinking about stuff. Mostly about disseminating the positive mandate idea from the UN thing that happened on Tuesday. I guess I will first disseminate the idea at the top conferences around the world and then gradually “carpet bomb” the universities and like institutions after. So we will have done the Humanity portion of the positive mandate, then the positive mandate for sentient AI, and last would be the repercussions for religion if there ever was to be a sentient AI reveal. But for me now, the strategies are clear and doable. So I guess all the expense and hassle of this latest trip was worth it in the end. Thanks to The Fates for this gift! I don’t recommend to anyone dropping their sane plans for the future and doing what I did. But for me it worked out well – 17 years after the fact that is.....

Miscellaneous ramblings:

Lunch at the UN cafeteria - see the metal knife and fork?

While in New York and at the UN the single use plastic ban is fully in effect. So when I went to the UN cafeteria I was greeted with cheap stainless steel cutlery instead of the usual plastic cutlery in a dispenser. Funnily, Wendy’s and Subway two blocks down the street still push plastic bags and plastic straws. However – and it didn’t occur to me at the time – is it the wisest thing to have reusable cutlery at an international venue with a budding pandemic possibly going on? Following this thought, I guess you could just carry your own knife and fork, but then you would never get past security screening at the entrance. Hum – stuff that was never thought out before this single use stuff came into effect. But whatever, it is what it is, but I would give out more exceptions to the ban other than processed meat at supermarkets.....

Before this vacation is over I want to start working on the variety show again and get a fully compatible version for TV and streaming and then forget about TV for a while. While we are at it here: Shane noticed a possible copyright violation and that will have to be taken care of. It just goes on and on, but the trip turned out to be a very worthwhile thing – against all my sane prognostications – who would have ever seen this happening?

Goodnight again and again.....

https://youtu.be/dTalAdaXEzc
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick one this time as I’m in the middle of editing.

The program is backing up so out comes the update. Then back to work to finish the variety show for good and make the appropriate copies. By the end of the day TV production should be officially finished. We will still videotape stuff but it is not with any goal in mind. I can forget about editing after today.

By placing them in their box and closing that box I can more clearly concentrate on the remaining g stuff. So even though this vacation was more successful than I ever thought, I have to narrow my focus and work on the things we have left to do. So the advocacy first and now we are entering the scientific community as journalists and see where this takes us in the AI realm. We are also still messing about in the music industry. I’m trying out alternatives to death metal growlers and thinking up new possibilities like Eskimo singing. But I don’t have time enough to get into that here as it’s back to the editor. When you get into that mindset or that mental state to edit, you stay in it as it’s hard to get back into it. No distractions like music - that comes later today.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/Jjw5-5N1hIM

https://youtu.be/XnPh3GGykaI
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll get this update out of the way early.....

The final JPG2000 archive and render for streaming is happening now having already got our broadcast DMxHD file. And that should do it for the TV stuff. I’ll still do a quickly video of what happened this week and all and send all the videos and photos to the editor and be done with that tomorrow. But I am setting up the next round of advocacy as we speak.

In other news:

The big question for me is whether I go to the auto show tonight? I’m a “gear head” and it was painful to settle for my humble Mustang as all the excess cash goes to the cause. That Mustang has proved to be the most reliable carI have ever driven so far. Coming up on three years never having gone back to the dealer. My only gripe was noise when I t’s minus ten or more and sitting outside for half a day. Otherwise everything is great unlike so many other Mustang owners. But I’m still a gear head and the new Corvette is there and probably all versions of the Mustang and probably the GT500 along with Tesla’s and all the rest. So I just talked myself into going tonight! Best part is that I now qualify for thre senior’s discount which at this event even actually pays for the parking? So we see if they ask for ID. I always thought being asked for ID was a kid thing - but no - you get it again as you get older but don’t look it. So that should be interesting. I keep fanaticizing myself holding my drivers licence in the air dancing around screaming: “Senior discount - - senior discount!”

So I was thinking’s about aging and then thinking about if I could have done all this stuff quicker and gotten another chance to have started over. The short answer is no! After school I dated and got married then divorced and that took about eight years. Then the next eight years after divorce hanging out with fringe groups who welcomed me as one of their own and showed me how society worked. They even got me involved in politics and for a short period of time I was a federal lobbyist on the side. I needed that fringe group experience to do what I am doing now so it all comes down to whether I needed to get married.

I really think I needed to try marriage and gotten out before kids as that would have nobbled all the other stuff. If I put off the married life I would have bitten that forbidden fruit earlier in the experiment and that would have been it for the advocacy. So I’m at my age at this point doing what I do and it could not have been done earlier, so it’s easier to accept things when you put yourself under the microscope like this. It’s easier for me now knowing the bridges to start over are now burned. All I have left is the advocacy I have created. Thanks to the UN this week I now have a strategy to disseminate the positive mandate to the AI egg heads. Hopefully when a possible sentient AI is revealed their conscience will have included the positive mandate into its mental DNA. That is one huge fucking important play and I wasn’t quite sure how to disseminate that. Now I do so this vacation rocked!!!!!

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/9MbZCGhU3-Y
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m a busy little beaver.....

So Fortress Variety Show has been updated to possibly mix and match with the series but for now will be a stand alone program. There will be two versions with one for traditional broadcast via FOF and the streaming handled by FOF Entertainment. These versions only differ in format and credits. We should have the streaming file ready sometime on Sunday and then off to captioning it goes.

I’m just jumping from one thing to the other but we will narrow things down shortly. I wanted to hold this show in the shadows and only use it if we needed more content, but instead I will just put it all out there! It is already certified for broadcast in Canada. After we get it on Prime Video then I look for partners in Canada.

That is it for now, but when editing I also watch films during backups and renders. Tonight it’s “American Made” from 2017. Oh - I’ll get to the auto show in the next few days. As for the seniors discount, the girl at the window didn’t care and said she trusted me, and so now you know - yawn yawn.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the usual.....

I would have to say the vacation was successful with me getting the TV show files done and adding the variety show to the mix. Even the UN stuff was successful as I was not selected or approved to speak but in a way my speech got more exposure to the member nations and Secretariat in the end. I got my grounds pass good till the end of the year and hopefully we sort out the participation list before I tackle the four year review. But, the big score was getting a strategy that will work for the scientific community in AI that only gives credence to academic credentials and studies with established peer review. Of course they follow the scientific method and as a philosopher I do not. So while my ideas fall outside their radar, by doing what I did at the UN last week, means I actually have a chance at direct dissemination to those in research at the moment. Time will tell but since I had no strategy before - this actually becomes a game changer to me.

[Me last week!

With regard to the TV stuff, the variety show file is now on the Amazon servers but not submitted for evaluation yet. That happens when I get the closed captioning file. Apparently they have tightened up requirements even more since the last time we submitted, so it is no guarantee. We can survive without the show in there and the plan last week was just to archive it ready for broadcast. So spending money on the captioning is worth it in any eventuality but we shall just have to cross our fingers and wait. I still have to make the artwork but it will be like the others so no big deal to do that. I’m also storing all final files on the new drive from all movies and shorts to the TV shows, DCPs to Mezzanine files for streaming to DNxHD files for broadcast - it will all be there and I’ll probably copy that whole hard drive onto another hard drive just in case the shit happens as it sometimes does. So I’m almost done with movies and TV for the time being. It never lasts but the thought of not having to lug that camera material around town is not a memory I relish much!

[Me last week with my tongue ticking out!

Oh yes, I will put two stills from some video I shot last week so you can see what I look like these as I ask for my senior discount. I’m not much to look at but I’m not hiding anything either. And also: If some of you are wondering why I am so passionate about sentient AI happening sometime in the future? Well it’s because I was in on those discussions back in there early 1980s decades ago. Now quantum computing is developing and in the news with all sorts of secretive crazy money available. But it is not a new idea, and was table talk when I was in university. I own this subject as it was a part of my life for decades. The others are dead or too old to be relevant today so the moral compass lands on me to show the way. It was the same with cell phones back in the day. We had them for decades before they changed society. This will be no different. I hope this makes all that clear!

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/xDy2tHCPdk8
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late one but here it goes:

The Fortress Variety Show has been submitted to Prime Video. We now wait to hear the judgement on the quality of the material. It is old stuff but surprisingly watchable. And they are backed up with work and using staff to help launch the Prime TV show: “Hunters” which stars Robert De Nero as a Nazi war crimes hunter back in the day. So when we get word is anyone’s call.

It is interesting how quickly the online streaming services are catching up - if not surpassing regular TV now. Take the Academy Award winner “Parasite”, they just premiered the movie and now we hear of a six episode series from them to launch on HBO (after rejecting an offer from Netflix) - Hum.....who else did that? Great minds think alike I guess. Anyway the media landscape is changing fast and you hook up with the outfit you see leading the pack 5 years from now. People are also getting tired of franchise movies (like “Batman 242”) so this idea of launch a movie then the TV series based on the movie is one way to get lots of venture capital up front for new ideas. In addition to the series based on Parasite, Bong Joon-ho has also made a series based on that other movie of his called “Snowpiercer”. As the saying goes: “Stay relevant or get left behind!”

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/OBsGjArgNw8
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well shit hit the fan with Chronivirus yesterday.

Beer Chronovirus

It’s amazing how fast we went from trying to contain the spread to defeat. Now they are telling people to stockpile food for quarantines and all that. In Toronto we got one from China on Friday a couple of blocks from my house and one from Iran on Monday. Hate to tell you all but it’s already here. With up to half of the infected not showing any real symptoms but spreading the virus, means the world is screwed and we have a pandemic. Some are predicting 40-70 percent in the world may be infected in a year - but of course that is at the extreme end. So you may actually get this thing shortly. How deadly is the argument now. I figure about 3 million world wide at the low end if it is actually 1 out of a thousand. 30 million of one out of a hundred and 90 million if it really is 3 percent.

That is kind of scary come to think of it. All those goof balls saying the flu kills more are morons using that argument as this virus is still pretty much unknown. All we can hope for is spring to end the flu season and half a year for strategies before it picks up again in the fall and winter. You better pray it mutates into a less lethal virus as it spreads throughout the world. That also means vaccines are just throwing darts at a dart board. Just like how it is
for the flu.

But all this just scares people. So I’ll leave it there - everything will be alright- Hahahahahaha.....

In other news, snow is falling so cleaning up around the house and sorting all the video files on the editor as that bit of business wraps up for the time being.

But try not to worry about the pandemic, it’s out of your hands really. Do what I did with the first case as I did with SARS, maybe not go to a hospital where it is and say hi! But you and this virus are going to get intimate, so you may as well introduce yourself to it - Hahahahahaha.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/l7RLrfhN8Pg

https://youtu.be/YMbSpnlOOtE

https://youtu.be/Bbv5B71KmkA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 311, 312, 313 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 312 of 416

Jump to: