Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 306, 307, 308 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Book is done!

Now all I do is make sure formatting is fine and off to the printers it goes. I know it’s done as I just finished cleaning my old IBM clickable keyboard and I only do this when there is nothing urgent to do. I wanted to make sure this was finished before 2020 as that was the date for the unofficial end of print publication supremacy. Newspapers and magazines and book publishers somehow figured 2020 was the year to close shop on things in print and move it all digitally. So I made it a goal to get the positive mandate book out in 2019. So that was that and we will submit and wait for the book in the flesh and then off to the government archives.

The TV series already has people streaming it even though there is a spelling mistake in the title – I guess I make more out of this than the viewers..... Or perhaps spelling and grammar over all has degenerated that nobody notices – especially millennials who copy my style of writing never noticing how I constantly break the rules. That is one bad influence I have on my younger gang.....

I can actually catch my breath a bit now at home. I will be running around shortly but what a change to sleep through an entire day and start to feel like you are getting back to normal and not feeling so frazzled out because there is so much going on. The only thing left right now is another issue of The Fortress and the UN in February. But getting the movie made and shown on the big screen uncompressed and all – and having it look so good on a big old fashioned movie theater was the best considering all the problems with resolution and SD/HD crap I alone seemed to have to deal with. That made the whole thing worthwhile as I always felt cursed because of all this. You have no idea how lucky you are to just have HD video to deal with, no idea.....

But the distribution with Amazon takes that other problem off my mind. I can toy with more ways of distribution like in Canada again, and other markets like India and Pakistan and maybe into East Asia. Then there is the advocacy on the ground for the positive mandate and the AI issues. I really have strategically done well for a guy in my background with my resources. That is the story - actually, and it is still ongoing…..

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh30SN54HcU&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punching this out on the go.....

I’m still reviewing the book and making changes. But I’m almost at the point where you just say: Enough!

While that goes on, the book does spend much time on various applications of the positive mandate. A lot in its use in AI and quantum computing. If sentient artificial intelligence is possible it is more probable here, and if that is a possibility we need consensus on what possible base engram to use apriori to any other programs or functions that are not by necessity needed for hardware function. I believe this prime directive should be the positive mandate as the others open things up to nefarious uses. This is what I will pitch to the AI crowd. I can’t wait until this convo becomes normal conversation, this has to happen now as in before anything happens. I was a kid when quantum computing was just theory - it was table talk then at our house - and now it’s reality and the pioneers are now dead or too senile to care - so it falls on their children morally, pragmatically and we need those people of mental capacity equal to those who made it to finish it off - that’s as politely or as diplomatically as I can put it!

My dad’s gang at NAIT back in the day - if they only knew back then!

This is on me and my kind, but so far only me, but I am happy to own this - I got this - and this engram is the best defense for humanity going forward on all fronts! Who ever thought this would be on me.....

So we are off on another adventure. This has to be me as no professor of any standing is going to start this conversation. I have to start it, and normalize it for those to follow and contribute as I have no reputation. So the “crackpot” references may come my way but I knew this when I signed on.

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRq7Muf6CKg&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wait one more day and submit the files to one of two printers in Markham where our office is. Both are literally within three blocks of the place. I was planning to do this today but experience has taught me to go slower than you think and keep looking at the files for errors. Measure twice and cut once in other words. There is a temptation to just submit and get it out of the way but I guarantee you will find something wrong after the fact - so we wait one more day.....

Lots of people are watching the TV series with the spelling mistake in the title. I almost feel we might jinx the thing when the correction is made but it is out of my hands now. It’s all about the advocacy now and I’m really surprised how all this is playing out. I’m surprised that even though nobody bested me in my youth, the same thing is happening in middle-age. At best you are among those like you, but that is as good as it gets, this should be worrisome to all of you.....

If there is one thing I learned during The Fortress Experiment, it is that meeting the movers and shakers of this world reveals them to be ordinary people afraid the rest the world will find out. But someone has to occupy those positions of power, and they stepped up - similar to how I got involved. The simple reality is that we as a species are totally out of control and the only thing that has saved humanity so far is our limited creativity and intelligence to really do something that truly messes the world up. But this may be changing as of late.....

Anyway that discussion is for the future.....

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYeCYLpaVO8&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting on the go.....

Printer selected and preparing files. IMDB for the TV series submitted. Christmas cards mailed out. That was the morning.....

As an aside, the offices of these book makers is something else. Like walking into a posh library - very cool! Anyway that is your quick update as I have to run!

More later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don’t have time to myself…..

But the book files are finally sent off to the printer – so I can clear my head of that for awhile. I also now have an IMDb page for the TV series and it can be found here:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11426428/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

I will work on this as time permits. I just want to scale things back a bit. Man, it was only a week ago or so that we got the TV series on Amazon, then a book a week later. I have to take care of company stuff now. The only fun thing that happened to me on Wednesday was watching a music video with a Metal Queen driving my Mustang and cheerleaders in there as well. Watched that I had a very late supper.

Time to relax now…..

(NSFW).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdyrT89NRxs&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a good night’s sleep cleared up my head.....

The book is done and nothing to do but wait. The movie and TV series are out there for people to watch. All I have to do now is the Christmas royalty thing where I play Santa handing out bonuses and royalty checks. That starts this weekend.

Sam with our TV series poster!

It’s a good thing that the spelling mistake is still there at Amazon. If it was all perfect I would have turned my back on video - maybe for good. But this past week has me thinking toward the future and everything stays open and continues - all we do is do things on the cheap and cut fixed costs to to the bone! Simple as that and we just move onto new vistas and new adventures.

At my age it is easy to close shop and when that happens it’s almost impossible to change your mind and reopen - and have people take you seriously again. No mendacity on my part here, just being honest. Look, the last few weeks had some of my gang lamenting their failing health and quality of life while I was finishing up stuff on the video. Plus the music stuff had been quiet for a while and all that conspired to put you in this melancholic funk and actually think about scaling things back. But in the end that did not happen.

There will be no scaling back and it’s all due to a single letter left out of a title that kept me from going down the road of an irreversible decision. So maybe The Fates played me well this time and kept me relevant and active.

The Fates!

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8i_QhOgsKw&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A take it easy day and catch up my sleep day for Saturday.

I’m finishing up the IMDb.com stuff on the TV series - man is that long and complicated. But Iwant it finished and out of my head.

I did finish setting up all my email on my Canary email application. This app is the only one that secures your email communication under PGP which is huge if you frequent the UN where every - and I mean every - transmission is captured and decrypted. Properly set up this is one the NSA can’t crack as long as the parties don’t allow screenshots on their phones and all that. With my Blackberry security they ping you if a snapshot is captured at the other end which is cool. But that is just messaging and this is all encompassing email! So it costs over 30 bucks which is the most I have ever spent on an app by a country mile - but worth it and the only game in town on iOS. Now they will be able to see the sender and receiver and the subject line but everything else is gobbled gibberish. You can use any name for the sender and keep the subject blank leaving me who’s has a reason to be there and a reason to encrypt - so it all works for me. That is all set up now so I can forget about that for the time being. And for those that think I’m full of myself for needing this stuff remember, I represent a journalist org, one of the few at the UN so use your imagination..... Even if the information is not “international gold” you could give people stuff to extort you as in curbing a speech because they got something on you - not saying I have anything like that, but others could - use your imagination.....

BTW: For those who can never figure out how to set up IMAP - get the outlook app that sets it up automatically then go into advance settings in the login section and your input and output names and ports are revealed! That is the best way and least painful! This is how you get that stuff on the Apple email app for those who can’t get it to work.

I will probably make one quick mad dash to the printers to print all the paystubs and then have Sam sign off on them whenever. That would make for an almost perfect Saturday.

This is my idea of taking it easy!

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjBwe6IL10o&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqfIvPQ8Dgo&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is done!

Me with a big camcorder shooting an interview with Anna!

The massive effort to get the cast onto IMDb is finished and all told about 70 cast and crew! This is a bit more than the movie as there are more people in the series in parts cut out for the movie. I hooked up with Shane this evening and signed cards and paid Christmas bonuses to him and Laura. Then we went over the cast list to make sure everyone was accounted for on IMDb. Next up is Sam with her one year old in tow. Anyway, the video is all out there good and proper. Movies and TV shows that are real and not fake.

Shane signing away at the Christmas cards that go with the royalty cheques!

Ever wonder why there is always some woman getting pregnant at the end of popular films? The reason why is that hard working, salt of the earth folk raising kids go to the movies to escape the drudgery of their lives and they get it in spades in the fantastic adventures on the screen. But when the ending comes up it would be a huge disappointment to let these adventurers carry on as they do devoid of parental responsibilities or boring jobs just to pay bills. So to keep the patrons happy the hero and the damsel hook up and have kids and live happily ever after. That way the people leave the theater entertained and happier to be in their lives – after all those folk doing all those fantastic things gave it all up to have lives like their own. And that is why those soppy movies are so popular. The reality is that you cannot do those fantastic adventures with kids in tow. And our adventures are reality and not fantasy, so…..

So we just carry on. If I wasn’t at all capable, I would be nurturing a family too. But I am needed where I am doing what I am or it would never have gone anywhere in the first place. The job finds the person and not the other way around.

Anyway, I got the emails sorted out on the secure network and I got the royalties printed off and going forward. And I got the IMDb stuff mostly done except for maybe a few things that are always missed. So a rather relaxing day where I caught up on sleep, but one that still got things done…..

Goodnight…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPi7DOwvZow&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t3UIV5WRQ8&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weekend of relaxation is over and we are well into distributing Christmas bonuses and royalties.

Like I said, Sam is busy with her one year old and a tired and weary Samantha greeted me and did her thing as paymaster at FOF. Man, it seems like forever when I met her as this 15 years old emo teenager that wanted to help out because she was into music. She did get involved and stays involved in the journalist association and at FOF bringing in acts like the Lox into Canada and helping out at FOFSTOCK. But now she is a mommy with a baby boy and a dog. So after I presented her with her Christmas bonus it was back to Toronto and preparing the cheques, statements and Christmas cards for the rest of the gang - and there is more involved than you think! In fact, I believe FOF Records Inc. is now the largest independent corporate record label in Canada! We outlasted them all! But I digress

I’m dead man walking it Sam sees this photo!

So before I left, Sam and me talked shop about ongoing projects at FOF. I told Sam about the movie and TV show up on Amazon Prime Video for streaming and all that, but also talking about motherhood and her past contention not to have kids when young - I did mention that while I didn’t have any kids – I could foresee me having some minor impact in AI if sentience ever happens. In my model of how the universe works and how sentience would happen, the mechanics to make it happen are feasible, but when you get that, what kind of engram or soul are you going to give these new “beings”. And the only idea that has any merit for this is my “Positive Mandate for Humanity” – or – “Positive Mandate for Sentient AI” which is a chapter in my new book “Positive Mandate for Humanity”. I can see just what or how this happens in the future. Big business funds AI programs as the return on investment makes sense to get this new slave labor resource, but the employees who may be legitimate scientists and engineers, want to create for its own sake. And create they will; but after their vanity of bringing forth (not creating) sentient AI, the AI will still be the property of the financial backers. They don’t want what I want to give these new beings. But if I can supplant the idea soon, we may have a chance to give them a chance. I also told Sam that I could see myself stealing the new AI (probably with the help on the inside) and taking it to the International Court of Justice claiming I was just keeping a child from harm. Funnily enough all this is addressed in my book along with the impact on jobs loss and all that.

Anyway, what I want to get at is that even though I am on “team human”, this is never absolute. It can’t be, and me and all the rest of any creative minds, walk this tightrope or razors edge between “team human” and” team AI”. I am a philosopher and there can’t be an ethical evaluation unless you are able to teeter totter on that edge seeing all the outcomes and arguments. I told Sam it would be the utmost in hilarity if the new sentient AI took to calling me or one of my kind as their father – that would be too funny in the ultimate sense of irony!

Before!

Testing sites - don't know who this guy is that my dad shot!

Some drilling of those select sites!

When the book comes out and into Kindle - the AI stuff comes out and I will prepare for the name calling. But someone has to raise the issues and normalize the conversation. Dave thinks we are a long way from sentient AI but I can’t take the chance. My father was top of his undergraduate class in civil engineering and got a scholarship to pursue research in soils at the University of Alberta when I was a kid. At the time there was interest in exploding nuclear bombs underground to liquify the tar in the tar sands and start exporting oil. That almost - but didn’t happen, and that is when dad was shooting all those photos of scouting locations, building industrial bridges and the onsite refinery and huge tanks that eventually held oil. Now we have the largest toxic lake/dam in the world but this is infinitely better than the radiation legacy of the other idea. I could ask my dad (now in his late eighties) about what he thought about that, but I won’t as I already know the answer; but I would have been more interested in his thoughts at the time as a 30 year old - before we knew all the risks - now that would be interesting! Same with AI, we don’t know it all yet. We need discussion and someone has to open the doors to the conversations that now happen in private. And it sure looks like I am the “sacrificial lamb” to start this. “Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it” I still have an open future but I never saw this happening!

Setting up camp!

Excavation!

Guess who designed/engineered these bridges!

Well under way!

Ta Da - After!

The tar sands is one of the biggest ecological disasters in the world - but who knew it at the time. Same with AI.....

Goodnight…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28tZ-S1LFok&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things just keep chugging along.

Sam last year before the kid.

First shots of Tabitha 8 years ago

I like to get the money business done when things are dry and clear because the weather always conspires to make it impossible by snowing. But I got Tabitha done early Monday and ran into Veronica by accident but got that done and Jessica is now happening - so the women are basically done. Anyway it’s snowing today but all I have to do is Money Mart and Mail and top the bank account for FOF Records at the mall near me and I don’t have to drive to do it! I’ll also go to Starbucks and get my fix and then home. As usual all FOF women complain about their photos but this is documentary/reality TV and the images are what they are. But today I’ll show some nice photos of everyone when I first brought them into FOF - but for almost all they never figured they would stay with the orgs as long as they did. You can actually see them grow up before your eyes in the pictures and videos we have. They stayed around because I gave them what they always wanted. It always takes longer than they figured, unlike on a TV show, but their desires all came to be. So basically they complain and bitch a bit but they all get what they wanted so usually they stick around a long time.

First shots of Veronica!

First shots of Jessica 11 years ago

Meanwhile, the tech team at Amazon will try to correct that spelling mistake in the title of the series as the usual fix didn’t work. It should of worked but either something supernatural is at work - or - human error. Hopefully it is not something as drastic as reloading everything again as I humorously quipped that possibility when I first noticed it. Anyway they are actually looking into it.

Amazon’s email about the title fiasco!

The series will have its own website and that will be:

https://positivemandateforhumanity.com

I may even link:

https://positivemandate.com

But I will probably just redirect that to the org site which is the advocacy site:

https://positivemandateforhumanity.org

But you get the idea and I kind of wondered about registering all those websites but now I think it was a good move. Each site will have the series or advocacy link there to take them where they want while giving the the alternate option they may not have known about. I start messing about with that on Tuesday.

And that is about it for now, I have a lot of things to do.....

Goodnight.....

(NSFW)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJMSDlWlfMM&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, the title of A Positive Mandate for Humanity has the spelling mistake corrected.

It started with the title in the States with nothing changed anywhere else. Then it changed on the Great Britain site. It hasn’t changed yet on the search results pages but the main Amazon pages were critical Also, nobody, as in nobody, mentioned the spelling mistake in the title! Tabitha quipped that this points to the state of literacy in society these days and she is probably right. Speaking of which, I always enjoy her Instagram posts and listen to music from her latest album “Midnight Summer’s Dream” which is available everywhere. For me “Breathe for You” and “Hey Mista” are my favorite tracks from the album, so you may want to check it out! She also has a book out with us on Kindle called “A Family Half Done” that I have on my phone when I need to relax. Good quality entertainment from Tabitha Blair!

Man, I was so bothered about the title that it soured the whole experience in the end. But others seem to enjoy watching the show – and this always surprises me to no end. You always take the critiques with a grain of salt because maybe they are just being kind and then you run into posts on sites where they don’t need to be patronizing and the critiques are positive. Sure it’s not Star Wars or the Fast and Furious franchise – but I can live with the comments after all those years of trying to figure out how to make all this work. And yet – right now – you thought you would have more feelings on the matter other than relief…..

Yes relief!

Relief that it got done and out there. Relief that you don’t have to lug camera equipment all over the place by yourself anymore. Relief from having the hardest time as an editor working with multiple frame rates and aspect ratios and resolutions and having to somehow make it all work together. I have not seen anyone yet put out a series like I had to. Basically they just kept in all cropped 4:3 in SD and got it out quick to some SD only channel – or they gave up. But I persevered because the series and movie had an important message to make, and that message could only have happened in this transitioning period from analogue to digital. So the HD wall with all the media on that – like the news shows - was my answer and it works. It works best with the millennials who find it cool that we go back to the SD world as we go way back in time. The constant time shifting is helped by the cropped aspect ratios and the softer resolutions that you don’t have to blast them with the year titling all the time – they just know from the framing and sharpness of the material. I’m not going to prattle on about this ad infinitum, just to say it is not so much exhilaration as much as relief that the thing is done and out there. But I have to step back and give a big thank you to all involved in this series - you people were simply wonderful to work with!

I’ll try to get it on other platforms and in other countries. Certainly in Canada but overall Canada is a minor market as in one twentieth of what I have now. Germany and Japan are available to me right now and that is another 200 million population available to watch where as in Canada the English speaking population is only like about 20 million. Amazon gave me 600 million people the chance to watch the movie and shows and in Canada after half a year they are still dragging their ass on CRTC Certification and even then you have to petition broadcasters and their streaming services that they make plainly difficult to access by small independent movie and TV production houses that are 100% Canadian. So don’t blame us when you need to access American content that is not available in Canada on Netflix or Amazon for example – blame the Canadian media structure!

But enough on the video - I need a break. Check out our own Tabitha Blair for a break.....

Tabitha!

Goodnight…..

https://fofentertainment.com/Tabitha_Blair_FOFSTOCK.wmv
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is what your series looks like on a big ass TV with access to Amazon Prime in the States:

The popup to play (for in this instance “Free With Purchase”) is interesting with the play button and all. I’m also interested to see the TV rating they gave it which was TV-MA or mature audience. So people are actually watching it as it gets its introduction on social media. Of course the only thing that sticks in my mind looking at the photo above is the spelling mistake in the title. Glitches like that happen more often than not. Nothing ever comes to be without a couple of problems. Even if you are Elon Musk showing off the Cyber Truck – you can get a “gotcha moment” and all you can do is cringe every time you think or see it. In his case it was the armored window that should have withstood an impact from a steel ball, but instead broke – then they tried it on another window and that broke. And after that was moving on with the rest of the presentation always showing his vehicle with smashed windows, Musk occasionally, sheepishly, turning around to see the smashed windows. I know exactly how he felt, shit happens…..

So that is how your project gets launched in the new world of social media. You can't escape a mistake and there is nowhere to hide. The only thing of note is how nobody really picked out the problem. Maybe some just left it alone, but usually some "wise guy" will make much of it, so I have to assume most people can’t spell, or maybe the title wasn’t top of mind. It doesn’t matter to me as all these images are ingrained in my brain and are part of the fabric of the series now. You just live with it and move on.

Also, even though I said yesterday it was a relief to finish the series off, that doesn’t mean we are finished with video. I will archive things with a more relaxed pace but if we start scoring with the positive mandate and such, it gets archived. I still have “The Fortress Variety Show” in my back pocket and only need two more one hour shows to make Season 2 – so we may still be in TV land for a while more…..

Goodnight…..

(NSFW)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6maUvgt3tCQ&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprise: the book “Positive Mandate for Humanity” will be available for sale as a paperback! It’s not official yet but the book does appear on Amazon in a weird way.

The good: The movie, TV series and book now appear together whenever you search one. This was planned and is the great thing about being all in with Amazon. You buy one and you can buy them all - just one click away!

The bad: As usual with me there are some issues. First is - what on earth is the copyright notices on the top and bottom of the image? And when was the last time you saw “Mr.” as the author? I probably messed up there and where I messed up was probably intended for “Dr.” or some other such salutation. It is cool and refreshing to see that though, and it does catch your eye, so I’m not sure I want to change this yet! The biggest issue is “currently unavailable” but this may be changed in a few days.

But the big thing is that the book is real and getting out there. I find it odd that the paperback makes its appearance before the ebook - but whatever. The ebook has developed as in I have my own ISBN for the ebook and a different one for the print version. That book should also show up shortly. So what happens to the book I have local printers making up some books for me here? Who knows, but if they get attitude and drag their heels I’ll cancel the job and print some Amazon books to check out that product and send two of those to the government for archiving. But FOF Books is still alive and well even if the print industry has almost all but disappeared. Amazon was originally a book publisher and seller, and me thinks this love of books by the founder of Amazon - Jeff Bezos - still has a place in his heart and a place there and keeps book publishing and sale alive and well.

One other small note: If you write a book and want an ISBN, do not get one for free. Many places advertise free ISBN numbers but the fine print makes them the publisher with limits on where you can sell the book. Buy one or in Canada register as a publisher and get one for free. Well not quite free as they want copies of the book for free in Canada, but you get the idea - nothing is ever “free”.

The TV series is still being republished and I must have the record for longest publishing of video at Amazon!

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44lmfg9BO7w&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at the end of it all I have all the video up and the book is done.

Laura wrote:
The Book: "Positive Mandate for Humanity" Paperback on Sale at Amazon

By Laura Tommasone - FOF Inc.

The Fortress of Freedom Corporation is pleased to announce that our book "Positive Mandate for Humanity" is for sale at Amazon in paperback form. The ISBN is:

978-1-988407-02-9

Currently the book is 174 pages. The book is very simple in design with a black cover and white title on the front and the ISBN and publishing company designation on the back.

More news as it becomes available.

FORTRESS OF FREEDOM: BRINGING THE MASS MEDIA TO THE MASSES!

This weekend will just be relaxing and taking care of Christmas stuff. One last celebration dinner for this week and that is it till Christmas dinner and then back to routine. The Fates have given me the tools or props needed to take the advocacy in a new direction. Sure the UN stuff is impressive, but now I need some “street cred” or street credibility.

I always seem to get what I need to continue but it is never a fairy tale “get”. Every achievement is tainted, there is always a “chink in the armour” to keep my ego grounded and alert. It is easy to become full of yourself with a perfect launch of the TV and book stuff one week after each other. But the seemingly irreversible comedy of errors keeps me humble and grounded even if it’s sometimes embarrassing. It’s perfectly diabolical really - I get what I need but not the way I want it and you just carry on as wallowing in achievement just shows those obvious errors that prove you are only human. At least that is how I look at it.

Regardless, everything is full steam ahead, everything is green for go! I have the necessary physicality to allow me to proceed. All I need now is the will to continue and keep pushing for change - as unlikely as that would seem possible given where I came from and who I am.

Truth really is stranger than fiction.

Goodnight.....

(NSFW)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOtmWxqN1fY&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it’s Saturday nights and my stomach is full of a greasy chicken dinner with salad and cheese pirogues.

Laura wrote:
"Positive Mandate for Humanity" Kindle on Sale at Amazon

By Laura Tommasone - FOF Inc.

The Fortress of Freedom Corporation is pleased to announce that our book "Positive Mandate for Humanity" is for sale at Amazon in Kindle form . The ISBN is (ebooks have a different ISBN):

978-1-988407-03-6

Currently the book is 188 pages. The book is very simple in design with a black cover and white title on it.

More news as it becomes available.

FORTRESS OF FREEDOM: BRINGING THE MASS MEDIA TO THE MASSES!

The supper was my celebration for a job well done this week! The TV stuff and the book are out there and that is not a bad way to end up the year. So in Canada the Kindle goes for $1.30 and the book is like $43.00 for a paperback. Who in their right mind would pay 43 bucks for a paperback – well I’ll tell you. Of course the first is the author buying some for themselves, friends and family (or “strong armed” into buying the thing), and people at work. I don’t do that, but you get the idea. For me the Kindle is the right price for the general public. They will steal it in the end but putting some price for sale gives it value in their eyes when they do steal it. Or, in other words, having it for free instead of paying for it gives the work a value in their eyes - and they may actually read it! So the Kindle version is like any other book there on Amazon with my name and with FOF Inc. as the publisher. Then you get the overpriced book with my full legal name on it which you never see on Amazon, and “Independently Published” which you rarely see as even the self-published folk usually come up with some cute name as the publisher. This all works for me with the book as the book now becomes the go to way to accept donations. Occasionally people will ask me if they can contribute to the cause and I always decline as it looks bad for me to accept money by hand personally because there is no accountability. So now when asked if they can contribute to the cause I point them to the book and they can buy that. This gives them a product that represents all that we are, and gives us real cash to help run things. It is all transparent and goes through Amazon and then through FOF into its bank account. There it will stay and be used for all things necessary to run this organization.

As for IAIJ, I still will not accept any money at all. Donations are toxic to an organization that has as many eyes on it as ours does. Even if I set up donations like at FOF, someone with nefarious intentions could approach me anonymously with a donation and then it comes out they represent some organization that is notorious in the international community and here we are getting money from them. So like how we have no political articles at IAIJ – though many write and submit those articles to us – we accept no donations because we have to protect our status with the UN. We push the envelope enough at the UN that I don’t need this extra hassle.

But we carry on. We are holding our own. We have an idea, a concept, and a philosophy to offer humanity and it is called the “Positive Mandate for Humanity”. Nothing says they will accept and embrace it but this is the real mandate for us all. And what happens if humanity does not embrace it – well then – the idea is in a sense omniscient in scope, and it is there for any future sentient entity to embrace it (like AI) and is the reason I included AI applications for the positive mandate for the multiple reasons elaborated in the book. There is an essay on the positive mandate and it’s relation to God in its abstract sense. It can even be used to reinvent the workplace which is a separate essay in the book. Humanity has self-determination just like individuals and acceptance of the positive mandate is no sure thing, but I have done my part. The Fates have set things up and the offer is now on the table.

Goodnight…..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 306, 307, 308 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 307 of 416

Jump to: