Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 303, 304, 305 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quickie today.....

I worked late into the night on the movie and at the end of it all got a file I could live with. So I uploaded it to Amazon’s servers and we wait. In the meantime I ran some errands. Now I can relax a bit and wait for the verdict. With Global TV, CTV and now Amazon, I never had a show pass quality control without some tweaking. In fact some of these people make it a habit to always find something wrong on the first submission so that people don’t get slack. So instead of fixing every possible thing I could think of, I gave them something “good enough”. That way if they want tweaking it is still easy stuff. Almost perfection means changes are harder and more involved (don’t ask me how I know).

So I’ll relax today and back to working on the book tomorrow. And I have to tell you having access to the States and Great Britain is a huge audience and we already have had people watching the show! Anyway we have one movie up and the more we submit the more they know and trust us and the easier and smoother things go from now on - and now that I’ve jinxed myself, watch nothing but trouble and hassle from now on.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/hrKl3vFi7Pw
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still chilling.

Now that I could relax I tried checking out the short in the UK. I could not find anything unless I used extraordinary journalist tools to mask my location. A truly unknown location got me to view the movie in the States and Slovakia got me to see it in the UK:

The UK search results!

The only difference is the Amazon.co.uk and the price but it was such a pain to view it that I knitted together screen shots to prove we are there in the UK. But we definitely are not in Canada. If you go to the .com or .co.uk sites you will get in and see stuff - but only if you are allowed to by it internationally. So if you are in Canada but can’t find it in those markets - that is the reason. Welcome to real brands, television and licensing! Another note is that people now consider my stuff worth watching now because a big video giant accepted it and put it in sale under their brand (Prime Video). That’s not fair to those that put their stuff up for free, but that is the real world for you.....

The Amazon Prime Video Page in the UK!

So taking it easy and sliding into “book mode” for the weekend. It was a tough two weeks and I deserve a break!

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpDQuN7jZB8&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Shane calls me up to talk about BabyMetal and the “Asian Invasion” as the band’s latest album is topping Billboard.

BabyMetal!

Anyone here long enough knows I’ve been watching the Japanese music scene with this eye for a crossover band and I was sure it would be LadyBaby (minus the cross dressing wrestler LadyBeard) which sort of morphed from the BabyMetal type of genre. But whatever, you snooze and lose and all of a sudden people are starting to listen to my musings on the future of music. Personally the math rock band Tricot still holds the number one slot on fav plays on my iPhone - but that’s just me..... Music will eventually start making money again which is why we still run the record label. 14 years and counting and you never shut the doors unless you are forced to. But my companies run on vapours so that won’t happen anytime soon.

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/gQnG_T7kbtY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_F1x0cKoVE&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miscellaneous ramblings…..

I took Saturday off and cleaned out the garage at my dad’s place. The thing was overflowing with junk and trash from the past 45 years, so I called those junk removal people. These guys are like plumbers, expensive! You pay mostly by volume and the minimum is so high that you just don’t want to throw out some garbage bags but you want to make it worth the while and you start to really clean house! So a table and printer and then the garbage and then all those bits of left over wood, torn up patio umbrellas, seat cushions and rusted car jacks from cars given up long ago. I even threw out my old hamster/gerbil wheel! In the end I filled up almost have a truck for 350 bucks and it is all gone. Like plumbers, the junk people have you over a barrel as the city won’t take all that crap – but you pay…..

So a month or so with the Apple Watch: So far so good and I actually use the thing! I have a stainless steel 44mm (the large one) watch with the synthetic sapphire crystal on the front and ceramic and synthetic sapphire on the back. In this model the watch actually looks like a watch, as in the proper size and materials. The always on display now remains always on when I wear it – coming from a series zero in aluminum, you have to train yourself to keep the watch face on but when you do there is no going back. When I rocked with only the phone and you wanted to know the time it was a pain to turn on the phone just to check it but now it is just a glance away. Also with these premium varieties you get LTE and I have the “add-on voice and data plan” so I can leave the phone at home or in the car temporarily and not get those pangs of withdrawal. Sure it is a pain to access the internet and such with just the watch but it can be done and it gives you the freedom from being attached to the phone and the subsequent withdrawal of being separated from that device but still connected if something important comes up. So the watch is now a permanent part of my lifestyle. This thing cost almost 1200 dollars but I don’t regret the money spent. I bought it for my big 60th birthday and was prepared for it just to be a do nothing tech device – but this has been a pleasant surprise!

The book: Starting back up on it today. I just need to add to the religion destiny paper. This is where I connect freedom of expression in all its forms to religion and being closer to God. I will leave it at that and you will have to open the book in our corporeal world or on-line to see more about it. It is always a good idea to breed interest without telling all before hand. But anyway, the book is coming along.

And that is about it for this day. Oh, there are critters back in the attic. Always stuff like that going on…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/d6rxGmvQPLU
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I lied to you all…..

Our show listing on the marquee during the day as we were getting prepared for the screening!

I was rendering one final file of the movie for Amazon and it was a success! This is the one I wanted to put on sale and I got it! So it is there for them to look at and hopefully publish. There are no guarantees but I am proud of The Fortress Experiment as a film. Best part was seeing it at full resolution on a huge 40 foot screen in a 400 seat theater from the late 1930s! Now it is getting distribution on a major streaming platform and getting it out to the world at large. Everything is done at my end so I can relax now. I did my part.

What else…..

Tricot!

I am still into the music looking for the next thing in the Greater Toronto Area. I knew nothing about music when I started but this has evolved and developed over the past 15 years. I would like to think I have an ear for the “new” music and I can connect and engage people you thought a guy that looked like me would never have access to. But I do and it just reinforces more of what the Positive Mandate is all about. Anyway, like I said the number one song in my playlist is a Japanese math rock band called “Tricot”. With math rock the varying aspect of the music does not lend itself well to lyrics or ballads. At best you have guttural vocals which to my ear make the music more engaging on a visceral level. This is complicated music but very rewarding when done well – for connoisseurs only…..

Goodnight…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q77gbjfsVO8&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m on the go but I’ll post this from my car before I get back on the editor.

As we wait for word from Amazon I’m taking it easy and exercising more and preening myself up. I am always recruiting and meeting people, and looking old and irrelevant in the entertainment industry does not work. I may be up on the current fashions in the industry, but if you look old and worn out why would anyone young and creative ask for your help? It helps I don’t look my age but that does not mean I am not my age. For a guy like me you take care of yourself a little bit more - but nobody ever beats Father Time. Father Time gets everyone eventually and nobody is exempt.

Everyone, and I mean everyone is getting older and falling apart around me. Even Sam who was this 15 year old emo teenager when I met her is now a mother. And it is always over before you think it is over. My main mission is just to get the positive mandate idea out there, that is the only thing that matters now. Nobody cares about you and your achievements, if anything affects them it would be jealousy and hate and that does not help you out. No, the money does not matter, the individual does not matter, the petty trappings of success do not matter as they all disappear in time - the only legacy for me will be the positive mandate for humanity idea/concept/philosophy and that is why I am pushing it every way with all my might. Nobody knows how much time they have left so it is always going to be urgent. Nobody will really help you out, at best maybe a handful of like-minded individuals if you are lucky, but if you get any traction with the idea everyone will come out of the woodwork to take credit. As an individual all you will have is the intimate knowledge of your part in disseminating the idea, until you become too senile to remember it all. And then you are gone with maybe a small footnote attached to the idea if you are lucky.

There is not much to recommend this type of life as opposed to living just for yourself and having fun. I do it out of a moral imperative but almost everyone else could never be motivated by something like that. It always comes down to whether you had talent and creativity, and whether anyone ever bested you in your prime - if not - then you feel the obligation to try and change things for the better or others of lesser ability and nefarious intentions will, and then all Hell can break loose. Being able on your brothers is actually a curse.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another quick one.....

I was productive on the editor and we basically finished the Positive Mandate for Humanity series. And that is about it.

Maurice Ali hosting the side-event!

The only other thing of note was watching myself at the last side event and talking to another younger philosophy major and telling him we as a group are smarter than the others. That is arrogant and unseemly to my programmed teachings. But I am trying to disseminate an idea that basically gives humanity its marching orders! So yah - I’d better be cocky, arrogant and sure of myself. Nobody will take you seriously at this level if you aren’t sure, doubt your abilities and hesitate on telling people with authority. So I’ll mannered to most but this is what you need to get ahead. In other words I have nothing to be ashamed of - especially given my origins; none of that matters if I am right and I am!

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FbumeIAEQk&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually got to take it easy today.....

I am pretty sure all future TV production will happen at FOF Entertainment Inc. which is our latest corporation we started. Fortress of Freedom Inc. did the movies but I am stopping there. FOF Inc. does the book publishing and the newspaper and all the rest and we needed FOF Entertainment for the TV stuff if only to reduce liability on FOF Inc. so it goes there from now on. In short, the TV series is now under FOF Entertainment. FOF Records Inc. is music and music videos. More Vision Inc. is our advertising company that also did TV distribution with CTV for example, but FOF Entertainment will do that now.

We just keep pushing the positive mandate idea. Those my age are too insulated from the rage and angst our young people have at the direction humanity seems to be headed and the inability to change with the times. At least I have an idea that gives direction without telling them what their futures will be. They decide that for themselves and all the positive
mandate does is set up the atmosphere to best do that.

But enough of this, I have to get busy doing nothing.....

Goodnight.....

(NSFW)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuQR2dAFD3c&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the way I set up the series and the movie on the positive manadate.

You never know as someone may want exclusive distribution or a buyout of the material. Everyone has their price but if I got an offer on one I could work it so that they get one and I keep the other one so I always have some media to disseminate the positive mandate. So having the two corporations separate the the forms of content works for me. In the meantime I finalize the series shows and shop around. I lost my cherry getting the short on an American company in America. That was my first international contract, the unknown and fear is gone now! We will wait for word from Amazon but at this moment everyone is looking for content..... Especially Apple.....

In other news, with time on my side you think about strategy of dispersing the positive mandate. The kids are quick to criticize things as they are but challenged about what to replace it with. The best is to keep the institutions as is but have a guiding principle to keep everything from getting perverted. The positive mandate does that holding constitutions to their word among other things. You are more motivated to change if you actually have an idea, a concept and philosophy to replace things with. And an idea, concept and philosophy that feels right to everyone on every level!

Things are getting interesting!

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5onc_PUCWI&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no word from Amazon so it gets taken into next week. At least it is not a rejection.....

With the Amazon movie festival site withoutabox.com gone as of October 30, I copied all my stuff out of there two days ago but now you can’t even log in. That just leaves filmfreeway.com for online festival submissions. I was out of the festival circuit when I submitted to Amazon anyway. Still, there were advantages to staying in the Amazon ecosystem. Submitting through them gave you an IMDB page with free pics and I believe trailers, and no having to prove the movie exists because you already uploaded the movie to their online screener. Adding photos is a cost at IMDB and for me the savings here was over 50 percent of the total festival submission fees. So Amazon works for me especially since I am submitting to Prime Video.

Now at filmfreeway.com they have over 8,000 film festivals listed and there was always some questions about the quality of some of them. Yes some were scams just out to take your money. But some were vanity festivals where you pay for everything through the nose and stay at a convention hotel where they play the films non-stop in conference rooms with small projectors and screens to non-existent audiences and at the end everyone there gets some kid of award just for paying up and attending. This works for the first timers and hobbyists living the dream. I don’t see these going away anytime soon - but it is what it is. The rest are out of reach for the amateurs.

Our show at night on the marquee of The Royal Cinema!

For me, I applied to those festivals near me in Canada and the big international ones because you never know and that was it! My goal is dissemination on the global scale and that is what we are trying to do now. Instead of hitting every legit festival on a lottery chance, I spent it on our premiere at a real 400 seat stand alone theatre which in the end actually was a worthwhile experience.

For the weekend I want all series TV shows ready to be made into archival JEPG 2000 files and the render the compressed files from there.

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNAdtkSjSps&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m still reviewing the episodic TV series and I’ll probably do one more and take a break. But enough of this stuff!

As a life long V8 guy I shot this as a joke - but now I’m the last standing so no joke anymore!

It’s stopped raining so I’ll probably wash the car. Nothing has gone wrong with this car after two and a half years! Everyone else driving the turbo 4 and especially the V8 have moved on, usually after a year as seen in my neighborhood. I’ll keep checking the last V6 I know of and see if I’m the one last standing in the hood. The current Mustang motors are crap and the V8 and V6 before 2018 were the last that had any form of reliability. I won’t bore you with the details but the V6 with its 6 speed auto was the most reliable and that is the one I have. That thing puts out 300 horsepower on 87 octane so that just the lowest power. Put in 93 or 94 and you get 308-314. Load the tune I have and add race gas and a free flowing air filter and you get up to 352 horsepower without changing anything mechanical. All that cost me an extra grand but in the end it never gets used. Nobody drives their car hard anymore. Too many red light cameras. Too many dash cams on other cars. Plus the draconian stunt driving laws have killed the performance improvements hobby.

Now I bought that V6 Mustang in its final year having had all the problems fixed with no new upgrades. So this thing is reliable. I only concern myself with wear and tear thoughts now. This car is Karma coming back to me after I was a die-hard V8 guy and never missed an opportunity to rub it into anyone who didn’t drive a V8. Yes, this is my first non-V8 car and oddly enough the fastest car I ever owned - like a 157mph top speed compared to my old 5.0 at 142. But the Mustang is infinitely preferable to the Hyundai Elantra I was supposed to get. The money goes to the orgs and not to a car but the stretch of a few grand to get the Mustang instead was worth it!

What else?

That Apple Watch now has me experimenting with leaving the phone home and just rocking the watch. It probably is healthier mentally to do this regularly. With the watch I can be separated from the phone but still have connectivity if something important happens online or I get a phone call. The watch was a good purchase! It has very fine scratches on the case now and one tiny ding - like all my watches I owned in the past. But coming up on two months and I still love the watch.....

AirPods 2

Just before I got the watch I bought AirPods and so far so good. They have now come out with the AirPods Pro which has noise cancellation but now comes with the rubber inserts for the ear. This really pisses me off! When I got the Note 3 it had earphones with those inserts and they don’t stay in my ear! They still don’t and I even tried wearing them without the rubber ear pieces - still fell out! So I may become one of those people hanging on to the older AirPods and older headphones till they disappear. Apple ear gear was a perfect fit and never fell out. I can put these hard plastic pods in my jeans change pocket and yank them out as needed. Now I hear the new models are more fragile and the rubber ear pieces can rip doing this. Not good, and at just under 400CAN I guess I will stay an amateur in the AirPods realm.

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML78pKEB_5s&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the series is done!

It was one marathon session that took until almost noon on Monday but it is done! Meanwhile we wait and see what happens with the movie at Amazon. This may take some time as unreleased feature length films may get the scrutiny of a few eyes at Amazon as it is better to snatch up films that may have something of interest going on – rather than make them from scratch. So I’m prepared to wait and see what happens – this does not mean anything good will happen, but it does keep you on edge. Watching TV last night I noticed Apple TV and Amazon commercials on cable television. These are some of the biggest companies in the world and they are looking for material or “content” as they call it. How times have changed! For a little piss poor production house and distribution company we have never been in a better position to get our material out there. The media landscape is changing and that means opportunity for those previously shut out.

So things are getting interesting and I am getting nervous. I will sit on the TV series as that has been the property of FOF Entertainment Inc. since we created it (FOF Entertainment is for TV shows and possibly music videos). Fortress of Freedom Inc. still handles feature length films and shorts, but that will more to FOF Films when we incorporate it. But it is now ready to go as a season one series for those who want to increase the depth of their catalogue. Someone will be interested – me thinks…..

Later…..

https://fofentertainment.com

https://foffilms.com
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m formatting the shows right now. I have the series splash intro for all shows and some changes with trimming in the credits. Some minor colour correction and then the JEPG 2000 render and compressed render.

The industry is opening up for a guy like me as we speak. Thus, there is no right or wrong with anything that happens now. I have options for every scenario. This wasn’t the case a couple of years ago. So we just wait and see and keep working on our content.

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rXXsT0Q6II&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m almost finished trimming the shows. I just want it finished and
then forget about it for a while. There are other things to do.

I see we broke our record for most users online at the same time and up to 299 from 288 a few years ago (stats are at the bottom of the index page of this forum) - thanks for the interest. But other things are pressing in on me now. Snow is coming so I have to get messy and spray rustproofing under the car. Just the floor pan, but still this will be a hassle!

And that is about it as we wait for word from Amazon and just keep chugging away at projects. I need to finish up the book but the video has more priority. Then other things have to get done. Funny thing is when I have time on my hands you realize how alone you are and just how insignificant your life is in the grand scheme of things. We live our lives and die and every one in history has gone this way. Billions and billions of people so obsessed about their lives that ultimately are meaningless and forgotten. Live for yourself as they say - fine, but still forgotten when you are gone. Even if you introduce an idea, someone else may take credit and you too are erased from history. We are all insignificant in the end. But that moral imperative keeps me on track. So far it seems better than nothing.....

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Ql7ncX978&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m still in this funk.....

At my age if you hang around others my age or even slightly younger it is all the same thing. How long till retirement? Aches and pains and joint replacement. People have given up trying to look good and just go totally grey as they don’t care anymore. They move slower, they can’t do things they did before. Quite literally, I am the only guy my age still doing new things in my corner of the world. They don’t care about what I’m doing as it really is not for them. In fact they probably hate what I’m doing as they are just fine with the way things are.....

They fear change as they can’t deal with change as they did when younger.

I’m kind of in this generational limbo. I’m typically surrounded by people half my age and younger. They actually think I’m cool and that perception slips surreptitiously out every now and then. The fact they consider me cool is oh so cool to me! Funny thing is that as a teenager nobody thought I was cool. Maybe some thought I was cool in university, but I sure seem to be cool now. And not so much cool as being an attractive icon for showing off current fashion, but cool as in setting up what should be the future fashion.

Whether or not I am successful remains to be seen, but I am rapidly entering a space where anything can happen. It all comes down to how you play your cards. The world will still treat you the same, as in whenever I try to do anything it all comes to a crashing halt. But I have more options and work arounds. For example, Amazon says 2 to 4 days wait to go live with the material. We are now a week and a half. Are they interested in the movie or is it just the screeching halt thing in action? I’m letting it ride just like I did with the television networks. If the delay is long enough without it being genuine interest (as it could be), then I will call Jeff Bezos’s office and tell them what I am about and my situation at Amazon. That is ballsy but the richest guy in the world with the widest distribution to get the positive mandate idea out there is a guy you want on your side! A delay would give me the “in” to get his attention, to get his “ear” and then.....

The Fates

Trust me on this - I have a chance! It’s lonely and boring at the top and some guy trying to disseminate an idea with merit on the global stage should get me some of his time. Like I said, there are options now no matter what happens. It’s all in how you play your cards. The Fates have given me my chance. I’m now a player and I’m in the arena and anything can happen.....

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S13DozOsAu8&feature=share
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 303, 304, 305 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 304 of 416

Jump to: