Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have finalized on some plates for the cover:

The Front Cover:

Back Cover:

Inside Cover:

The front cover is like the original selection but is all in focus (pic seven has the hands blurred and the profile has been improved upon). This has importance if the cover is blown-up for the newspaper or poster.....now those issues are resolved. The "hug" photo has also been replaced by an almost duplicate which.....again.....is in much sharper condition..... The cover plate was cropped square and left space for text on the right side. The back cover is the "cute" picture with space on either side for tracks. The inside cover has Dave's video capture of him smoking a cigarette while singing "nicotine"; this was requested by Dave and there is lots of room for text about the artist.

If you read the preceding comments on the previous page you will know that the music is as finished as I can get without taking it for post-production at a studio. I will also attack the CD label itself later today; but for now I will get some breakfast and listen to the album on a real sound system.....

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Maurice Reply with quote

website address: davegetchell.ca - outside

accomplishments and background on the inside

Dave Getchell in big block letters vertically on the left side of cover.

Big: Dave Getchell, and very small "A Slant On Life And Living" on both edges of the back cover.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Front Cover so far:

Yeh it is a bit boring but trying to have a vertical name was just too hard with the varying letter sizes and all that stuff..... I am not a graphic artist so I have to use my photographic skills and rudimentary text skill (starting to look at other fonts.....). Others like Shane have their artist buddies making the cover for them. Me and Getchell are on our own. Anyway, I have to confirm the line up and the titles before I go for the back cover and the disc (but I can add the title anyway......).

I can now listen to Dave's album without thinking about altering something.....amazing! The thing is actually coming together.....
meggen

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daves CD cover is looking VERY good and professional.. Best of luck to Dave and you, I am sure it will sell big - go Maurice go. Very Happy
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meggen wrote:
Daves CD cover is looking VERY good and professional.. Best of luck to Dave and you, I am sure it will sell big - go Maurice go. Very Happy

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I also archived another protest in our exclusive reports forum about the opposition of the church to gay marriage. One good long weekend as I accomplished much. Still have not colored my hair for those that wonder..... Laughing
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about purchases we made since starting the organization. I have absolutely no regrets about the Nikon D70 - soft focus and all. It is still relevant even though updated to "S" in the stores now, one can supposedly still update to the newer version at the service centres so an added plus! The flash while expensive is the best in the world and I just bought rechargeable batteries for the thing. Our Sony DSR-PD170 was the only option capable of broadcast quality video that we could afford so it had to be that. I was not going to buy used as we would probably be sunk by now. As for the new Sony HDTV camcorders..... they are almost 3,200 dollars more than what I paid with shotgun mic and even more with the wide angle lens I use all the time - so say 4,000 more. To get a real shoulder camera went like this at a pro distributer last time I enquired:

"How much for that Sony DSR-390? Ten thousand dollars.....would you like a lens for it? How much is that? ten thousand dollars....."

So I guess we made the right decision. I just needed entry level broadcast quality and nobody is shooting HD over here yet..... Our tripod at over one grand is first class with dolly and will handle a mid sized cam as well. All the other stands and such are now Manfrotto and the best. The only quip was that 100watt strobe/flash - I would have upgraded for a few hundred more if I had the chance again. Apart from that I am pleased with my purchases. Very frugal and the stuff gave us what we needed!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One a personal note for all my long time friends out there. I am up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. One thing I do know is I have to get things organized around here. I have to finish cleaning up around the house and keep it that way (almost done now). Finish my never ending tax statements and just generally keep on top of things.

Take my car, that thing is in fantastic shape for it's age yet I only just vacuumed the interior yesterday! I should clean a bit more today and start to take a serious look at it mechanically. The yard needs some work and stuff. This business has made me put a lot of things on hold but now I have to slowly get back into taking care of other things in my life. It is just a question of working things back into you daily activities.

I want to be in this for the long haul so I have to start taking care of regular things in my life again. I should go and pay a water bill and fill up the car if I can not get some sleep. Also, there is another thing I should do to keep my mother happy..... Laughing
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said everthing I had to say here:

http://fortressoffreedom.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2753#2753
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maurice Ali wrote:
I said everthing I had to say here:

http://fortressoffreedom.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2753#2753

I will say some more as we already have a highlights page for newbies. I want to say a bit more personally about all those events. Time does color things and best to get some memories down before they turn into "legends"..... Mr. Green
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am putting the "proud " story on ice for a few days as I have just finished signing a multi-CD record deal with AAVRY KNAPP. Wow.....we now sound like some of the big dogs in the industry.....

I am too tired to elaborate - but the dispatch is here:

http://fortressoffreedom.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2756#2756
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very tired and can not write more. I am tired. Sorry.....take care.....

Maurice
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the front cover of the AAVRY KNAPP Album:

The Album and DVD are a "time capsule" of the band so I stayed faithful to the images of that time. The back will be black with the songs and inside will be the history on the band. CD covers will be white on black background with red "Live" on the DVD.

The Coder for the DVD will be the Canopus Procoder.

There will be no post processing of the music, it is what it is.....

We could put both discs in the same case or wrap sepparately, cost would say both in one with a stick on advertising the two for one deal.

Having said all that.....a version of the Ghandi image could work also.....subject to availability of image.....but the photo should be the one, dated though it may be. My advertising past came back to haunt me for second when I looked at that dated picture.....Ha.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a personal note, I was at the taping of a Cadbury commercial talking to the production people there.....could never do that before.....

It seems that my life is about to make a change in the next week or so. At this stage that is big stuff.....also scary.....but that never stopped me..... Laughing
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mild panic has set in.....

I have to get organized and tackle all the outstanding issues for next week which include:

UPC issue and how we will deal with this. I would like our own prefix - but expensive. Have to research this more. We can not distribute through retailers without this - Resolution is a priority!

DVD has to be coded with a system that gives us acceptable quality.

CRTC guidelines as they relate to our show have to be reviewed and the show as edited finalized - This Is A Priority! . We have to select a production house that can reformat inexpensively - in house TV station formatting is the best route here.

The lineup for Dave and Dan have to be finalized early next week. I have to select a manufacturer to master and manufacture the albums.

TV Stations and contacts have to be secured for meetings that must happen on the week of June5,2005 - This is a priority!

I have to sleep acceptable amounts every day and also take care of ordinary things without becoming too obsessive about the company - good for the old mental state also.....

At the end of it all, the money and hassle should have a real media company in our hot little hands.....how about that!!!!! Mr. Green
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found out where I could get the Canopus Procoder - However it is a special order.....but that is the one to get!

Also, I got a boom:

Manfrotto - the best - and pricey at under three hundred, but with my Nikon SB800 flash (best in the world now) I have a flash and boom that can work with a real model in a seven and six inch ceiling!!!!!

This solves the immediate problem of the boom and flash as I really need a professional flash to replace the cheap Opus 100watt. The Nikon is the best professional speed flash there is and is ideal for our studio (may get the household current adapter for it but the rechargeable batteries will do for now.....). I bought a holder for the flash which has a metal mount instead of the cheap plastic one Nikon gives the buyer of the flash.....better! Why spend more on equipment when I said I would not.....We needed it and more photography next week. I now realize that I am a professional photographer even if my skill does not warrant it.....my work is going into commercial enterprises to make money.....so I must accept the designation. That being the case, if I need something.....I get it. I held off getting a so-so flash upgrade and will wait until I get a top-of-the-line flash, no other will do from now on. I am locked into this journey and there is no going back. My commitment is one hundred percent.....

I have to go to another store now.....There is also a photography meet tomorrow and I may go there and rub shoulders with the "pros". Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 4 of 416

Jump to: