Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 298, 299, 300 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing of note right now. Is that I registered mauriceali.org and mauriceali.net. I’ll leave the others to the other Maurice Ali’s out there.

I’m actually at York University right now in one of the newer buildings just chilling. That may be it for domain registrations. I have too many and slowly things will be paired down over the years. Then again it may spur me to find a cheaper solution as I have many - we shall see.

As we shall see what happens at The World Bank and IMF - maybe something or maybe nothing. It is completely out of my control now. I would say that after a while things get repetitive and that locks the group into a mindset that there are no other alternatives or ideas. My role is to open up that mindset with new perspectives and ideas and the empirical evidence to back it all up. Not just talk! A real alternative to start thinking about. I can’t change things on the ground. What I can do is disseminate ideas others take and turn to real policy with real “on the ground” results.

That’s my job now.

That’s how I engineered Fortress and things are playing out even as I type this. That is the reason for all the repetitive angst. I hate to sound the same every day but that is what is going on in my head. Against all odds our short is still in contention at Vancouver- what up with that?

Anyway, that is what’s going on right now.

Later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So nothing really got done on the orgs except registering the top level domains for my name which is really just a personal thing. I did hang out at places like York University at their library.

York University Scott Library!

That is what it looks like inside. Actually what I did was to spend some time checking out the new buildings as they have unique architecture. But a quiet weekend. Just waiting to see what happens with the advocacy and the movies. Remember that nothing is for sure and we may luck out at the Vancouver International Film Festival and at the World Bank/IMF. I tell you things as they happen so if I get rejected you see it in all it’s glory as opposed to those that apply and just mention things as they go their way. My way is like taking a shower with everyone watching on but it is a more honest blog of sorts that way. Real life and not some story book ending.....

In other news.....

A new iPhone is coming out and I’m not upgrading my old white iPhone 6S Plus yet. Fact is there is no point yet. Next year is 5g and a “in display” finger print scanner in addition to the facial recognition which I hate. So like many people like Ali above, I’m holding on for one more year.

With regard to the car? I discovered the base models actual got some base model apps in the car’s head unit. I was just playing around and getting them to work. For a base car you get one streaming app (Slacker), one navigation app (Waze), one weather app (Accuweather), one location app (Glympse) and one social media app (HearMeOut). Slacker and AccuWeather actually work
well hands free. I’m still figuring out Waze as Ford is lax in updating with the app, and HearMeOut is the surprise as it’s sort of some unknown pirate radio connection which I always have a soft spot for. Glympse makes no sense to me but I’ll keep trying. The sole reason to use this as opposed to just using your phone is to get around distracted driving laws as the app on the phone is rendered inoperable and the app in the car is basically hands free. So I had some fun there. Of course the reason I got the base V6 Mustang was because I’m a car guy and driving a Hyundai Elantra just would not cut it, so I got the cheapest sports-car you could get which was this and I have been pleasantly surprised ever since. These apps were just a surprise fooling around in the settings. So extra gravy to me.....

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atxUuldUcfI&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we got word from the World Bank and the IMF and long story short – we didn’t get a session. They claimed they had too many requests and actually quoted the number. We were also late applicants putting it in second to last day, but whatever the reason we did not get the session. But that won’t stop me from thanking the World Band Group and the International Monetary Fund for considering us and giving us an invitation to the event regardless and hooking us up to the IMF messaging service. We will probably apply again and hopefully get in under more favorable circumstances and get a voice then.

So that is my statement about that event. No long discussion or any of that. Sure it would have been cool to go there just because of what it is, but that appeals only to my vanity and I try to stay away from that type of thing. When you let your vanity rule you it can become a self-corrupting force that others can use to control you. We here do what we do because it is the right thing to do, so while it would be nice to present safe and meaningless drivel and hang out with friends at name-dropping venues - well – that is not why I did all this. The reason was to disseminate an idea that could make innumerable lives happier and that is the reason. Don’t get into one venue; try another and another…..

As with all rejection, this one stung a bit for the narcissistic reasons as well as the good and correct reasons. Your ego takes a hit and your perception of your place in the world shrinks you while the world gets large and all enveloping. By contrast, last February I was on top of the world and the world was marble sized in the palm of my hand. So that is how perception plays into it. The only unfortunate thing here is that our ideas to help alleviate the loss of 800 million jobs to automation and AI did not get a voice, that is the only thing that matters; the rest is petty stuff for petty minds…..

In other news.

With Disney and others breaking off from partnerships in streaming services and going it alone – people are looking for more content again. So I am gearing up for another round of rejection trying to get the movie or series on a premium streaming platform. We may have a chance now - so the carrot and stick thing is in play again. Like I said before, I isolate my gang from this stuff as the rejection wears you down unless you have been in sales and developed a thick skin…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.....

Back to my former life for awhile. The WTO thing didn’t happen as I was too late. The Geneva thing didn’t happen due to scheduling problems, and the World Bank/IMF didn’t give me any voice so that fell through. So it’s back to life in Canada for awhile.....

Maurice Ali speech at the 57th Commission for Social Development!

I keep wondering if I’m still paying back for the stuff in February? It’s still not even six months. But man, what a bad run of luck since then. Heck, this time last month I didn’t even know about these World Bank/WTO meetings, so life goes on. But the positive mandate dissemination was a complete success. I was there for the whole session and it cost me some money but I had my chance and didn’t want to screw it up. So I got what I wanted and as soon as I got back to my hotel the bad luck started and it seems it never left!

The entrance to Conference Room 12!

But I did get the rare opportunity to disseminate a new concept or philosophy about humanity and ultimately the direction we should take moving forward. The positive mandate does that in every way from turning the universal declaration of rights from a declaration to a right, reforming the future job market and so on.

It was disseminated as a statement at the UN and expanded and tested at a side event there. What you are looking at now is me disseminating and testing the idea at all sorts of venues and applications. For the remainder of my life I will probably be an ambassador for the positive mandate. 16 years and counting now! Just get it out there and make it part of the fabric of our society!

So I may have been thrown to the wolves in university instead of graduate school and probably a professorship, but, I seemed to have forged by own little piece of philosophy here and that is the big score. Nobody from my year at York did anything with their opportunities in philosophy. Even the professors came up with nothing original to hang their hat on in their careers. This still bugs me today as even in the university system I could have made an impact. My life could have been easier and I probably would have had a family. This other way was much harsher and harder.

Would I have come up with the positive mandate as a professor in some university? Maybe - Id like to say “no” which would make me feel better, but I probably would have which makes the harder life I had to live - harder to take. But it is what it is. As a professor I would not be trying to still make a go out of the media companies like I am now. But where I am now, I owe it to my gang to at least get back into the industry shopping the movie/series again and find a livable place for the companies to carry on. The movie may end up as a freebie piece of advocacy anyway but by shopping it around you learn the industry.

It’s always over before you know it but I hope I’m wrong here. I still owe it to my community to get their voice out there about privacy and the future job market in this technological age and all the rest, but like the World Bank/IMF meetings, all I can do is apply, I cannot make anyone do anything. But I will try one more time.

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohDB5gbtaEQ&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late and quick one today…..

First of all those black diamond’s with a question mark in them (in some forum text) do not appear in the database, so it is a fail to read error somewhere in the programming (all relates to Word’s rich text icons). But the fact the DNA of the forums is not impacted is a bit heartening that a quick fix is there somewhere. I topped up all the bank accounts, paid bills and such. While doing this I was listening to demos again while driving and the funny thing is that the whole experience makes you happy. I had this one woman really trying so I said “Ok I’ll check her out online” and guess what? Nothing! No online presence! So she did almost everything right and her failure to have a presence on-line cost her in the end. Juxtapose this with Madison Beer I followed for the last two years, she just got signed by Epic. There is a difference!

Madison Beer!

It is just funny how the much maligned music industry is just plain more fun than TV or the movies. It just is. Like the group SAGA I loved to listen to back in the 1980s while in university. And then having them email and phone you up begging to change studios at Metalworks – making them wait all day and then giving them the studio – for a fan that just is the ultimate! The music business is fun! What we need to do is put back some value and worth into the material!

As for the movie and TV shows, I am thinking TV broadcast. At the end of the day it is easier. I can have the rights back sooner and put the material out there for free viewing earlier since it is also advocacy. With streaming, sure there is some bragging rights to Netflix and HBO in particular, but iTunes was such a big deal in the beginning and now streaming for music is open to all – so….. TV is still a certain time slot and real broadcast so I might be going down this road like we have before…..

And I have the skill as a producer to do this – always that…..

A busy day so I will leave it there…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZggBxOLFleQ&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big thing today is to start looking for celebrities to endorse the positive mandate.

The UN stuff was very important to get the credibility for the idea. Not just as a side event but as a statement in session. That happened and was absolutely critical for our dissemination which is why I was there for the whole session and so on. Having this idea, concept and philosophy at the United Nations gives it a legitimacy and credibility I can take to people who have a following and spread the word from their endorsement. Some young up and coming artist like Madison Beer is perfect for this as the positive mandate is for them anyway.

So that is the idea going forward. That is the reason we will still keep the record label and all media companies going as being in the industry gives you access to the people in the industry. I’ve met big names this way in an informal atmosphere where you can soft sell the idea.

It’s all branding.

There is a story here that Christina Aguilera left a personal item somewhere in the studio and I tore the place up looking for it. I couldn’t find it so one of the engineers got lucky I guess! Oh well..... And for all those women that hate the crap photo of me - I find it funny as all hell!

Anyway that is coming up shortly. More stuff coming up shortly. Don’t sell me short. I am also a producer and to get things done you cannot always be a nice guy. But I am chained to a moral imperative and that keeps me moving in a good and positive direction for all. It always amazes me the reaction players have when I play them - but my intentions are good and honourable so they usually leave me alone and just want me gone from their lives.

Anyway that is enough for now.

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU3qPtsgjkk&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So - the squirrel is back in the attic.....

But his entry points are drying up and I know where the hole is so that is being plugged today. Then life can get back to normal. That is the update today as sad as that is.

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBWywYirukE&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The update.....

So I got way up on a ladder and covered the sill with pre-painted aluminum and that should do it. You do ask yourself why you are hanging off the second story roof edge to do this - oh yes - to keep the squirrels out of the attic. Then gluing the shingles to the siding so they can’t pull up the shingles to get in. So we shall see what happens now. I may spray weed killer in some more suspect areas to keep it away though. While I was up there I confronted the squirrel, a small young thing and he saw me and scampered away. So that is done for the time being.

I tried my old producer’s log-in for the TV certification letter that the CRTC issues but they revoked my old log in so I have to apply again. That happens Monday and you need certification to get on TV.

After a year of searching I finally found a cheap 4 bay hard drive enclosure for video. I bought it immediately as these things are impossible to find cheap. The raid versions are like 660 bucks and I don’t need raid so I was happy there. I also got a 4Tb drive to back up personal files and that is happening now. I celebrated with a decent supper and that was Saturday.

I keep asking myself if it’s over? Doesn’t feel like it but with 60 coming up on four weeks you have to wonder and get nervous. While I was moaning about the World Bank thing and thinking about the TV stuff I had to remind myself
that my movie played in a real big ass 400 seat theatre from the 1930s only 8 months ago. Stuff is happening but not fast enough for me!

Try to get the movie or series on TV or Streaming. Try to get the privacy and job loss AI and automation stuff at the UN before the first 4 year review. Time is running out, and time is not in my side. It doesn’t feel like it’s over but things may get harder going forward. I got everything I wanted to get. I helped at the UN with the citizen journalist stuff and - for the first time - got them recognized as legitimate media workers by a General Assembly vote. Made my speech on the floor of the General Assembly. And for those that said that in the show I did say “floor of the General Assembly” when I should have said “floor of the General Assembly Hall” - well when I was in the back rows of the General Assembly Hall in session I quietly read out my speech and so there! I even got a chance at the green marble podium to speak, but without consultative status that was wishful thinking thinking. I got the cell phone voting all presented and got the positive mandate presented and formally into the record as a statement.

My speech!

I was asked to apply (which is an achievement in itself), but here is a list of the actual
speakers who got to speak at that famous green mable podium!!

In the commercial world there was the book, the newspaper, the record label, the TV shows, the big ass out door music festival that was FOFSTOCK. Then there was the TV series and then the movie that played in a real old fashioned theatre with curtains closing at the end of the film.

I got to be an author, a journalist and newspaper editor of a paper paper that sat there with the national papers. Director and TV and music producer. President and CEO of a conglomerate of corporations. Validated my claim to being a philosopher with more than an undergraduate degree but with real concepts and philosophy attributed to me and disseminated on the world stage which finally gave me claim to that title of “man of the world....

And as crazy as it seems I want more! I don’t want it to end! If any of you think any of those achievements are easy - try it - and get back to me - Hehehe.....

But we shall see.

Goodnight.....

Post script: Re-read this I now believe all of you that say I’m good at this stuff and keep going. Yes, I do seem to be good at this. So maybe it ain’t over yet.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday’s post was just to pump me up
for the TV stuff which starts today.

I was still on a bummer with the World Bank/IMF thing. Not so much not going but that you had a great idea to help one of the top worries in people’s minds - and that response was: Not interested..... All I can do is offer. If multinational corporations can fully automate production, they may as well leave third world countries, pay a bit more in first world countries but save mega bucks in shipping. All those call centres in foreign countries will quickly be a thing of the past with AI. I can go on and on. And I have some ideas that might help with this problem - but no body is interested it seems. So I was into that funk. But all I can do is offer.....

But the TV stuff is where I had my most miserable experiences. I’m curious to see if competition has made TV networks and stations more open to free or paid programming. We are going to find out shortly. So today I open another producer account with the CRTC and start things up again. The first contacts will hopefully be made in late September so I’d better get a move on!

The backups are almost finished and I’ll replace the toner in the receptionist printer. I may even look for toner for the office printer but it’s an old printer so.....

And that should be it for Monday. Sunday was just backups and looking at cars. I was passed by a bunch of exotic cars that day and I thought that could be me if I wasn’t doing the FOF/IAIJ thing. But then I remember my best friend bought this loaded Lincoln just before he died - so maybe healthy me is better rock’in a V6 Mustang (which I love BTW). When you get older you plan for at least ninety years, and when you find out you have less - well - why not buy the dream car! Just saying.....

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2T8jcSOOm4&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the form is off to the CRTC and I’m back in TV land. The horror show begins.

An apt description as is is just going to be all bad from here on. I’m not going to make any money. Maybe add to the company’s resume for others in the future. Get known for others etc. But the movie has little commercial value in North America. If you dive into how youtube pays out you will see why.

But the same market forces apply everywhere. A brown guy film is financial suicide the way I filmed it. If I filmed with traditional stereotypes and family friendly maybe - but who wants to make a funny Amos and Andy movie..... Nope, this one is just for the advocacy which is why I didn’t shorten it down from the get go. Any producer I meet at a TV station knows there is no money here when I show my face which is why I have to fight so hard to get on Canadian TV. There is no way I can meet slot time performance with a brown guy show, so I go to get the crap times at night and cover the lost revenue myself if they give me a chance.

The CRTC will give me points and time credits for the show but the TV station is a business and every time slot has a price. It’s not impossible for me as I did it twice before - but it won’t be easy. In this realm fairness isn’t an option, it just is. At best I’ll bring in one quarter of what I would if my skin was white. It’s just reality in the media. I can explain later, but just take it on faith that I know what I’m doing now. The people I want to meet may think it’s unfair also and it’s the reason nobody wants to meet me. But if we do meet and they know I know the score - then maybe the movie gets on the air!

Later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So as I was waxing philosophically about our chances with Canadian Broadcasters – I get this email from the United Nations:

Yup – That is an invitation to attend the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) review at UN Headquarters in September at the same time the big annual General Assembly meeting happens with Presidents and Prime Ministers and such! So that occupied my mind the entire second half of Tuesday. I have just submitted the application to register and we shall see. There is a very good reason for IAIJ to be there as I stated in the application but realize everyone is applying for this ticket! I took two weeks off in September last spring so this falls right in the middle of that. I was planning to go to Geneva and London but that got quashed and so I can do this if I get the invite! I also quickly got hotel accommodation while it was still available. Not where I usually stay as that is now running 1,000 – 1,200 per night. But farther away – but I know how to use the subway by now. So don’t get your hopes up too high – remember what happened at the World Bank and the IMF Meetings…..

The funny part is that these meetings happen a day after my birthday when I officially turn 60. So with the Geneva cancellation, the time off for this, my birthday the day before – you would think the planets are aligning for this venue. But don’t count on it! I will be very happy if I get the invite. I always wanted to be there when the big Annual General Assembly took place. Plus I’ve now gotten into the SDGs anyway especially now with the future work environment stuff. So I’m just going to chill out and expect nothing - but if I get the invite it will be simply FANTASTIC! But I’ve been here before so don’t count on anything. I had thought to keep this to myself, but I am always open with you guys so you get to be on this carrot and stick constant roller-coaster ride that is my life.

Anyway the application took longer than I thought and I have to get moving on the day – So later…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_lcZcBcQ0o&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll take it easy today.....

It’s a crapshoot if I get into the UN in September, so don’t count on it. Why is this important to me? Because as I’ve climbed up that ladder of influence you meet Billionaires and folk with real power - and - they are just like me. I edited myself there but I’ll be honest and say that I may have something extra on some of them - there,I said it!

Maurice at the 2017 IAIJ side event!

I was shocked to find one guy with incredible wealth wearing a suit just like mine! He probably bought it for the same reason I did - because it fits and is current and tailor it from there. Custom suits take time and hassle and this other way is the quick and dirty way to do it - so he did it and I cannot criticize a guy doing what I did - but his alterations were better than my basic ones so he has me there! The end result is that you notice that they are like you - and strangely you are there with them in the same room - so you may actually belong with them? So that is what is going on here. Psychological empowerment or subconscious endorsement of your abilities and place in the world.

Ok, I know I’m sounding full of myself right now but I need this as I also get rejected and kicked around where I live. In those star chambers where the world is run, you need ideas. Many there are connected with influence and have to play things safe for all sorts of reasons. But I am not like them. I’m a wild card that can throw out ideas with no real downside for myself. That is my job if they let me. I could also pitch good ideas others may consider too risky to pitch themselves. The journalist organization makes this easy as I can go anywhere with it! The world needs ideas to survive and prosper! There actually is a place and reason for me to be there. They just have to let me in.

That’s enough for today.

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s the start of a long weekend where I live.

I will clean up my car in the morning and the bulk of the weekend will be finishing off the AI work loss problem I was going to speak about at the IMF/World Bank. If will soon be published in The Fortress along with the other papers and off we go with more advocacy!

We even toyed around with 3D - what happened to 3D?

In other news is the final decision not to maintain Avid Media Composer. The Fortress Experiment was vital for us and with the new revamped Media Composer we may lose legacy support for all those SD files and tape to computer support and all the rest. Best to keep it as is with all the bugs worked out and working. We will start again with current subscription programs like Premier and maybe the new Avid but like my original Avid Xpress, we are archiving the current platform and it’s 10 hard drives.

That’s about it for now and remember to not count on any of the UN stuff for September- if we get in that’s fantastic, but if we don’t, life will go on. Be prepared for a lot of rejection going forward. I can take it, but it’s my gang that are not so hardened to this, that’s why I do this alone....

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yctXV3uHBs&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRD3vrSLPaw&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extremely late one today.....

A Ford GT!

I got up early and started the AI work paper to finally get all the ideas down on paper as right now they were just a whole bunch of notes and such. I took a break and looked at some cars. One of which was a Ford GT and, finally a black Camaro LT1 (a supercharged V8 that can go 198 mph).

A Ford GT

Got back home and slept till five! So now I’m playing catch-up but it’s all good. This is the long weekend after all.

Black Camaro LT1

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB8oUbBF7aw&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to take a break now. The work loss to AI paper has a skeleton and some meat on it.

Listening to “Born on the Bayou” by CCR. I like the mono version the best. John Fogerty was adamant he only wanted his mixes out there and would go out of his way to prevent people going back and remixing the material. He always mentions how Buddy Holly’s music got the treatment and was inferior to his ears. The mono version from the singles collection is the best to my ears so he may be right!

Ok, so why am I so gaga about going to the UN during General Assembly for the update report on the SDG progress? You’ve heard the personal reasons but even on the original Fortress TV show I mentioned media accreditation. But going that route at that time is pointless as all media worldwide is there at that time. A citizen journalist org has little chance. I’m a journalist with 16 years of experience behind me. I was editor of our paper newspaper back in the day. Made and aired documentaries on two of Canada’s top networks nation-wide. Founded a journalist org and took it to the UN now with consultative status. Funny when I put my accomplishments on paper they seem to go on forever - and yet I’m still living the same life I always lived. What up with that? But anyway I am a real journalist and this way is the only way to get the eyes of the common man on the proceedings and I am a common man - believe me.

We have no real stake or prejudice here, just a group of the ultimate stakeholders of what the SDGs produce from all sides. We deserve to be there at that meeting and see it for ourselves. That is how I put it in the application. So as you can see the application has to be approved. All we can do is wait and see what happens. Nothing is for sure and at UN Headquarters we are at 9 approved and 7 rejections so far. We were rejected at the big SDG launch in 2015 BTW.

So we shall see.....

Also the Vancouver International Film Festival gave us the final rejection of our short “Real Life”. That’s it for festivals until we launch our own. No anonymous people of dubious ability grading or failing to watch movies. We do it by lottery and then get together as a collective of applicants and play movies till someone hits the gong and we vote, and keep watching it or move on to the next. A better way!

Our show listing on the marquee during the day as we were getting prepared for the screening!

And absolutely no regrets premiering our movie at the 1939 big ass 400 seat theatre with curtains that closed the movie that night! No second thoughts on that now.

Our film on a 40' wide screen (that red light is an exit sign))!

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZBiz7Cy200&feature=share
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 298, 299, 300 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 299 of 416

Jump to: