Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 296, 297, 298 ... 415, 416, 417  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weekend was very productive.

The biggest thing was getting all my company’s accounts linked to one access card! This is big if you have ever had this problem. Now I can just open the bank app with touch ID and bingo all my accounts are there! Better yet, open their web site and even more information on all accounts there! This is a definite time saver, so that was the big deal for Sunday. I started the company taxes and now have all the vital information to start filling in all the forms. This should be done by the end of the week latest. I did some more work on the papers but that will go on for awhile. Other than that a relaxing weekend.

But it is over before you know it is over. My instincts were right to get the positive mandate out there this past February. There are never any guarantees that you will get another chance, so that went very well. But as I said before – was that the apex and all downhill from there? Maybe and maybe not, it just depends on what happens to the idea going forward. But getting the idea and the results of the experiment out there was critical. It validates all the time, expense and effort we all put into this concept and philosophy – sixteen years - so that part was attained. There is more but that was the most important thing. Having said that – yup – I think that may be the apex, but I hope I am wrong. I hope I am wrong but I can live with that moment. So if you want, that grudging little bit of fallible acceptance was also one of the things that happened this weekend. And I hope you see that as you get older you think more and more about the opportunities you took advantage of, and the ones you didn’t and think endlessly on the possibilities. There is always that…..

Goodnight…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esfSH6qmuH0&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m starting to look at Switzerland. The biggest problem is that nobody speaks English there. Well I survived France and so I will survive Switzerland.

What this means is getting a hotel where foreign nationals use for the UN. Preferably within walking distance. That way you avoid the language problem. Then see how that hotel is positioned to get WTO and places like that. Of course simply going there will prepare you best. So a reconnaissance mission is a must before anything else. Knowing how to function in Geneva will make it easier to deal with advocacy there later on. Then back to London. So that is the plan and I have to start planning.

UN Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland

All this happens in late September when I turn the big 60. At least I am closing things out in my active life at the peak of my power and influence. Almost everyone of the 7.5 Billion on this earth have absolutely no influence, so I have to keep trying and pitching new ideas and their concerns. As a brown guy, a touch of grey probably helps me “image wise” as it pushes things further away from the usual stereotypes.

Let me tell you that never being bested when you are young is a curse. If I was just bested by others, second place is fine, I could be selfish and live for myself. Flashy cars and nicer homes and hobbies - instead of this. “This” isn’t so bad, I mean I like it but it would be nice to have a choice. But you don’t have a choice. Not acting means someone of lesser ability get the job and usually for selfish or nefarious motives.That is a threat to all your values and you have to act. Maybe you have family, maybe it’s for a moral imperative - nobody wants this job. It’s time consuming, expensive, and a hassle like trips to Geneva, but if your were never bested it is yours and that is all there is to the matter. You may not want it but you have no choice.....

This is a rare position to be in and rarely portrayed in the media: Leadership being unwanted. The desire for someone else to take the role and do the right thing. But there is no one else and it is up to you, and you feel disappointed at your fellow humans. And you have to act even if you don’t want it.

Being in that position is like a curse. In my situation it’s not so bad as I don’t have kids and I have the time and resources. But it’s a thankless job.....

Back at home today it is the taxes and cleaning up the house. Always that reality.

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpWGJwtwQ-c&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m bringing up maps of Geneva to see where everything is and it seems the UN, WTO and the ITU are all basically in the same location.

So for me things are better in that if I pick the right hotel it will be good for all venues. Then sort out where to eat and I can function in Switzerland. But remember that I’m not going to an event there, I’m just visiting along with some soft advocacy for the positive mandate it it becomes available. I could still change the date and such. But that is probably the date. I’m thinking three days and then to London.

I’m doing the taxes. At least one company per day. Clean up one room in the house per day. That is how I’m doing it now. But the Europe trip is starting to get real.....

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTB61iR6cVQ&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprise!

I’ve just submitted our application to hold a session on the economic benefits of our positive mandate to the World Bank and the IMF. They have a big AGM in October and I would very much like to make a presentation there. More later.

BTW: I live one bizarre life.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqZceAQSJvc&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAGVGNWQ2Hc&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura wrote:
IAIJ and the World Bank/IMF Annual Meetings!

By Laura Tommasone

The International Association of Independent Journalists have registered and applied to possibly hold a session at the World Bank (World Bank Group)/International Monetary Fund’s Annual Meetings this October in Washington DC. There are no guarantees that IAIJ will be selected, but this is more of our ongoing advocacy with regard to the positive mandate for humanity and its advantages like the economy in this case.

More news as information becomes available.

https://www.worldbank.org

https://www.imf.org

IAIJ: JOURNALISTS IN ACTION AROUND THE WORLD!

So the positive mandate advocacy continues.....

I’ll be prattling about this over the weekend but all I’ll say now is that the economies of the world are changing due to automation and AI and if they are to change, well then they may as well change in a way that makes people happy! Especially in underdeveloped economies, our ideas can have influence. Even if all my talk just means a certain policy gets tweaked because of our ideas - that is huge! So there is a reason for us to be there. And we can help the world in our own way. All we ask is the ability to attend and speak.

In other news.....

It’s time to start getting rejected by the film festivals again. This does not bother me as much as I am using our rejection to prove we need a better way - The Lottery Film Festival Way! A lottery and review by hundreds of your filmmaking peers - I would consider that verdict fair. But I literally have to buy the theatre and employ our own projectionist as the standard rent structure precludes our type of use. But it will come and a different type of film festival will enter the mix.

I will wait till all the current rejection is in instead of this constant drip of rejection - I can take it and I am used to it as it all comes to me real time - but my gang can’t take this abuse. So an announcement when it is all in - like pulling a bandage.

More on the weekend and I need to take a break and catch my breath as it’s very hectic now.

Goodnight.....

http://lottofilmfest.com
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late one today.....

I got email verification of our application for the World Bank/IMF meetings in October. The meetings happen within days of the WTO meetings I missed out on, so no regrets anymore on that as it was one or the other.

Now the weekend is all about taxes.

But I will pop down to the mall and buy a Bluray player as support has ended for my software on my office Bluray drive and we will maybe sell a DVD of the movie through Amazon and I need a typical player to test on, so..... And that is the plan for the weekend. A more introspective post later but I have to get this day started!

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgIAWko4QxU&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I slept half a day on Saturday then drove around and got that Bluray player. So I relaxed for Saturday. For Sunday it will be buying an extra HDMI cable and finishing that up and then doing the taxes.

I should be happy but I’m just going through the motions. For example, for years I had the squirrel problem and now the thing is gone and it’s: Meh..... The basement would regularly flood and an external pump in the excavated patio solved that and that bother was: Meh..... The car stuff was a constant bother especially to the end of the problematic Roadmaster saga – the New Mustang rocks and is totally reliable and fast and: Meh..... I do get some fun out of that machine every now and then but the “nirvana” you think you would have when those problems disappeared never came – it was just that you don’t have that problem again. Fixing them does add up and make your life easier though. I just had to add this bit of real life and how it affected me.

The advocacy is getting interesting. For a philosophy major to come up with a good idea and philosophy for humanity and to be advocating for it all over the place is something I wanted. Man of the world….. I had expected to be a full on professor of philosophy and doing this, but it didn’t work out that way. Real life never works out that way. I would be content and not bother with something as fickle as this. Then again, you represent your university and have a reputation to protect. You are comfortable but owned. My life would have been much better in that other universe. Probably a lovely wife and kids and I could still do the philosophy within limits. In this crazy life I have now I have nothing to lose so I can go all out. The normal rules, the normal conventions of control have less effect on me.....

The Fates

Even my strategy is straight out of left field. They don’t know how to shut me down except in the most clumsy of ways. With a place in society I could be controlled because I have much to lose. The UN should have read the tea leaves and given me some small prestigious spot in the organization to call my own and - just like that - he's no longer trying to mess with the machine! The Fates chose correctly as I have nothing to lose, no place in society to protect. I can go and do whatever as I have nothing to lose - playing for keeps..... I can even go for the big brass ring of influence if I am talented enough. You are truly free, and truly free to fall all the way down without a net. But how is that different than where you were before. Goin’ All out!

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qPmEvrv3HQ&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBN3xfGrx_U&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The taxes are basically done!

So the weekend was not a total bust. The Bluray player seems a good purchase after the fact too. I just have to keep at the advocacy because nothing is for sure. A car can go through a red light and t-bone your car like what almost happened to me. Could be dead, or how about years of recovery. That could have been the end of the positive mandate. And that is why I am rushing things as fast as I can. Nothing is for sure. I could die in my sleep anytime for instance. But count on the unexpected happening and affecting things. I am grooming successors, but for now its all me.....

I don’t want all this to sound melodramatic, but I have a small chance to change things and I don’t want to screw it up. But as I said before, outside forces can do it with the unexpected. As much as you plan things to every possible variable, then comes some idiot through a stoplight.....

Nothing is for sure and so you just do things as fast as you can.

Goodnight.....

(NSFW)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2x7gHxQYYE&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGhu5Zl5ry8&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the printers and copied all six corporate tax returns.

I’ll give them one final look and be rid of it - finally..... you have no idea what a pain that was! But it is done and back to the orgs and advocacy. Plan for the trips and plan for the change of all media companies to a distribution model. I am done with production for the moment. We know how things work now so it is time to help those creative young people get their lives out there. There is almost too much going on, but I am very cognizant of the fact it could all end soon.

If it wasn’t some rampaging car punching through at a local stop light, then it is just luck and old age asserting itself. There is a reason I seem to be alone doing what I’m doing. But that car business! Here in Toronto you take your life in your hands just trying to cross the street.....

This got me watching that movie Death Race 2000 (1975) again. I always thought David Carradine’s car was a Corvette and not a VW and this was finally corrected. But the taxes are finished: Free at last!!!!!

Goodnight.....

(NSFW)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ayI-3FVQvs&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyuo2oF5B4o&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc7AMNOp6Y0&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be sending out the taxes today…..

I just want it done and out the door. You folks have no idea how much bureaucracy there is in running this poor conglomerate of corporations. And they have staying power with the oldest now being 15 years old! But there is much paperwork and expense. But I’d rather not think about it. Just a quick check and then send them off!

My gang eagerly awaits the rejections from the famous film festivals. I had thought that we might have some fun before rejection by legitimately pretending to be players in the movie game but no, nothing like that at all. Just get the rejection to make a list to be used to showcase your own version of a film festival! Never saw that coming. No changes to your life style. No Hollywood lifestyle or any change in fact. Some stuff did match the fantasy. I drive around in a better car these days. So the women I used to have in the old Roadmaster are now seen in a Mustang. But that Is about it. But when the first year rejections are done, we try to get the movies with a well known distributor and even if it all goes nowhere we will have found out how distribution happens in 2019! And that is the deal, to become distributors of media on this new media landscape. But all this happens after the next round of advocacy.

Laura in the Mustang – yes these people are real!

Advocacy: Geneva in September with some minor advocacy for the positive mandate if the opportunity arises. Then The World Bank/IMF hopefully in October and finally one last shot at the Commission for Social Development in February and even if we get kicked out after that it was all good! In general I have found trying to get anywhere in a space where regular people can compete means I get nowhere. But move to an area ordinary people cannot compete and I can get somewhere and the higher up I go, the easier it gets. I still have to remind myself that the more you play the players the more they play you. Even though I only advocate to present ideas, who is to say ‘they” may want you to help run the “circus” after successfully criticizing it and offering solutions. I could say I only wanted to offer solutions but in their mind I could have been asking for the job. Face it – someone has to run the place and where do they find these people? They find them among those that show an interest and have talent. I can’t be naive about it. If you criticize the current regime, you have to be prepared to take over, That is how it goes and how it would appear to others. So always be prepared for that…..

Goodnight…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwH-X-4RAQg&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a long winded statement about humanity and how they are their own worst enemy.

Then I accidentally deleted it. Probably for the best anyway - maybe my subconscious at work. So this is all you get on my ideas of social engineering.

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHZl2naX1Xk&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we have a long weekend coming up.....

Man does it bug me that I can only talk about stuff happening at the orgs. I’m not as boring as this but I set up the rules for this blog as it was needed for the experiment. Even worse is that I have to scale back what I say as some of it is too radical for most sensitive people.

Human’s lack of ability to embrace change will be its downfall. This has been said by many people of note because it’s true. I could tell you there are different ways of thinking, different ways of living, but people want to exist in a predetermined world even if they occupy its lowest rungs it would seem. This is the frustrating part - having to moderate your thoughts and ideas to the simplistic humans that don’t want change. But change is coming whether they want it or not, and with it the frustration of shepparding humanity to develop when it doesn’t want to. Let me tell you most old people would rather just die than embrace change at their age. This is the challenge. In my mind who would want this job? But some take it on because the are morally compelled like my moral imperative. The list of personal is short so a guy like me has to offer up his ideas and help out by doing his part.

I’ll rant on this more later - but you get my drift.....

Samantha Blackwell (FOFSTOCK Production Assistant) at YDS!

So: 8 years after FOFSTOCK! And where is FOFSTOCK 2? If I was a rational man I’d forget about FOFSTOCK 2. The original FOFSTOCK cost me over 30 thousand dollars on a gig that could be rained out! All sorts of shit could happen to make it a disaster. Even though FOFSTOCK was a success there were problems. The biggest was Yonge-Dundas square shutting down the concert near the end because of profanity and having the fans almost start to protest or riot if they didn’t turn the mics and lights on, they did and it ran to conclusion. Shane spiking the new RF mic that caused them to hold my deposit. Then Shane quitting on video (left with me surreptitiously with other video) and running off to the the east coast with Anna. I did pack the square 30 minutes before the main act (then some left as they got tired of waiting - oh well) showed up so the three thousand dollars spent on advertising actually did work!

Jelleestone's fans at FOFSTOCK!

Jelleestone's fans at the stage barricades at FOFSTOCK!

Night time crowd!

So yes eight years ago!

Anna and Shane at a FOF contract signing!

There probably will be a FOFSTOCK 2 when the advocacy dies down. Some people never learn.....

Goodnight.....

http://fofentertainment.com/FOFSTOCK_Incident.wav

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSBLmhpA8Ig&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess I just slept in.....

I just may do something unusual and take the weekend off. Just mull around the house and stuff like that. With the taxes done there really is little that is urgent right now. So that is the plan, the experiment, how long I can last doing nothing!

I’ll give myself one extra day of this long weekend and probably crack (because of boredom) on Monday. We shall see.....

Later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I said I was doing nothing but I should report on the nothingness.....

I tried but I did call up Laura with an update as Shane smashed up his phone. She is taking it easy on the long weekend - go figure? But with that done I did nothing. I was going to do some minor work on the car along with some yard work but I had a siesta and got up at six in the afternoon. I was pissed off! But then I remember the idea was to do nothing.....

See how hard this is for a type A personality! But this can only be good for me in the end. Maybe I’ll watch a movie tonight. I was listening to some Henry Mancini songs from my past so that is a change. But I should keep this post short as I am supposed to be doing nothing.....

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZQIMw747vk&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did all I wanted to do which was yard work in the back yard, and so finally it does not look like an African Rain Forest anymore. Then some stuff with the car like a more relaxed wire loom for the trunk wire harness and rear camera as this is a weak point on the Mustang and I got two notifications the rear camera was not available and usually it’s the wiring but no manner of twisting or tugging could get the camera to fail so hopefully this does it. The other thing was to paint the very front of my jacking rails as they literally get sand blasted by debris from the front wheels. And that was it for the car.

And that was it for the day.

Me at the dive bar in June!

So I’m having a beer at the local dive bar. Some guys at the bar with this new blond bar maid. A couple of guys playing ping pong and a bunch at the pool table. So this is where the guy who wants to help guide society - spends his free time today. One Heineken then off to McDonalds for a hot fudge sundae and then back home to watch a movie. So far so good - in doing nothing with the orgs.

I did think about the orgs and I’m seriously looking into just getting the movie on late night TV like our other TV shows and just be done with it and then off public viewing as this is global advocacy. This works for me so we shall see. I also thought about the ridiculous situation I am in being one of the few from the early days of quantum theory having to walk the razors edge of bringing forth sentient AI and keeping humanity relevant and alive - impossible you ask - but I love a challenge! Those Fates! Well they did seem to pick the right person for this job as by all rights I should be firmly on team AI. Ah but yes - that moral imperative- there is always that.....

And that is it for today. Tomorrow is more to do about nothing - hopefully.....

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk2-bgwA0Ro&feature=share
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 296, 297, 298 ... 415, 416, 417  Next
Page 297 of 417

Jump to: