Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 292, 293, 294 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a late one, an extra one. You wanted to know if I actually go and have a beer? Well in fact I did:

That is me in the dive bar down the street. Taken with my iPhone and just resized and uploaded - that is what I look like right now. I took some with a beer bottle but those photos can come back to haunt you so you get this one. I struggled to make it through one beer (Labatts Blue) and then the long walk home. That was me getting out for the night. Then back to my dad’s for some supper and then back home to work on the paper. It gets lonely at these times, working on some paper, but if I had someone with me this week, nothing would get done. This lonely misery forces you to get to work and stick with it and get the thing done. Once the paper is done you can hit targets of opportunity and engage as you have something to talk to them about. Even as some neophyte, you are a journalist and can interview the egg head and disseminate the idea that way.

So you just keep at it. You take breaks now and then. I washed the car and really gave it a once over now that we had some dry weather. Some asshole scratched the passenger mirror cover. I wasn’t me as the scratch was not on the parts that would scratch if you were parking and scraped against something. More like some clown just walking past the car and dragging a laptop bag or knapsack against the mirror. It’s not a smudge but some fine but real scratches and it really bugged me. This is minor though and unlike the bodywork, as these mirror covers pop out and can be replaced but the scratches are so minor it is not worth it. But it bugs you so – contrasting that with the epiphany about how to jump start sentience that happened today. Just how bizarre is that – but that is how things weighed out in my mind, the jump start to sentience balanced against a couple of light scratches on the car. So I updated the report with the jump start stuff and will work on the scratch or even take it to a detailer to see if it buffs out for a fix on the cheap - and that is life for me. An old guy who does not want to embrace it. No wife, no kids, just some poxy ideas and strange companies he runs for stranger ends.

That is me.

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The in-depth report is basically done. One day, just like that.

Of course I will spend the rest of the week tweaking it. It starts with the abstract, table of contents, introduction, the idea of the mandate and what it is, then the hardware choices, the software choices, and the actual instruction for sentience, the legal and social ramifications, the human rights possibilities, international consensus. conclusions, recommendations, appendix and endnotes. And that is basically the report. Fairly straight forward from now on.

But it still will be a work in progress, and I will post it to the aidestiny.org website so that the search engines can archive it as this takes some time. I can add to it, make changes and as long as the name is the same it should not affect the search engines to any measurable degree. Speaking of which that new website is finally starting to show up on the search engines so we go with it. If I contact someone the first thing they will do is Google me and the topic for our discussion and I want it all to show up everywhere.

http://aidestiny.org

Aidestiny.org website

So Monday rocked for the AI paper, just like that. I can take things just a bit easier now. Clean up around the house and check out what to do with the new squirrel, things like that. I also cut my hair, things go on.

And yes I am really messing around with the machine now. I was this novelty at first, but now the dude is making some serious moves. So I guess I fall from grace in some eyes. But we shall see as these are just ideas. People will just look for the idea in the report, they don’t care about my little history of AI and filler like that – only the idea. And they will quickly give it the Roman gladiator “thumbs-up” or “thumbs-down” and that will be it. That is how it will work.

While I’m at it: I’m still getting small bits of bad luck and even though I want it this way, this constant trickle of bad luck is like the Chinese water torture. So while I’m still pissed at the mirror scratches on the car - that Apple ripoff set of headphones I just got - fell out of my pocket onto the jack and it’s busted. Just like that and another 45 bucks to get another. Now you can say you just scored on the sentient AI front, but it still pisses you off!

Rant over!

Goodnight…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nea_jCmOYI&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking a break.

Roman thumbs-up or thumbs-down.....

When I talk about jump starting sentience I didn’t mean creating it as much as accessing it. Instead of thinking about creating it for that box over there, maybe it is everywhere and the right physicality brings it out. Does every child born have individually created sentience or just another piece of hardware that sentience expresses itself through? Like a radio the signal is out there but some only pick up AM and mono, while other pickup stereo.

Sooner or later some idiot will just get lucky and sentience pops out. My job is just to demystify and bring egos down to the level of mechanics and enablers - not Gods! And then have an intelligent conversation about it. Better to do this now. So that’s what I’m doing.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYNUOkqzcVA&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tmZc_bqYNg&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work on the paper continues.....

I should have a complete proper version by the end of today and start adding endnotes and such. It will need more work over the next few months, but the main idea is there.

At the end of the day, even if it does not fly with the egg heads it gives the positive mandate for humanity much more interest. That’s why I’m doing this now. Expect another push of advocacy on the mandate with the two papers and the movie in play all at the same time.

I’m also paying full boat prices for obscure movies that did well at the festivals but didn’t do so well in distribution. I saw one on Tuesday night that just came out in the last six weeks or so. So expect a movie review tonight.

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P1mqg7QWIQ&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added photos to the report and added some updates here and there. For Thursday I add endnotes and clean up the abstract and then for Friday proof reading and the first PDF post on-line. That one will be quickly revised but I want to get the search engines archiving it on IAIJ and aidestiny.org. The human and AI mandates sort of go hand in hand. Next up is the AI economic attack which goes hand in hand with the AI mandate. So we are humming along just fine. I was thinking about how far to hold back on the extreme conjecture, but in the end I think I will put it all out there even if it makes some people laugh. Someone has to put the ideas out there. And some ideas like retirement for AI computers is one. Say an advanced AI becomes sentient while in use for some company. And now a better computer comes along to replace it, so what happens? Do we just shut the thing off? Is its work for the company now worthy of keeping the thing on just because it is now sentient? Yadda, yadda, and you get the idea. Best floated by some guy like me that isn’t a professor with a reputation and something to lose.

That is my job…..

Someone has to put these fantastical scenarios out there. If it scares off venture capital then so be it. There have been some high ranking defections from the quantum camp back to the traditional semi-conductor camp working on better accelerators and one possible motive would be to avoid the possible ethical problems with quantum computers and AI. They won’t say that, but if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck…..

But at the end of the day something is going up by Monday morning even if it is incomplete. Something to show is better than nothing!

The movie review:

The Chimera Strain – formerly called Chimera – is a 2018 movie with 2019 mass distribution which is a few theaters and video-on-demand and DVD sales distribution. It got into several film festivals and won awards. It even has a cast with some name power like Kathleen Quinlan and even Amazon Eve, a 6’8’ woman who plays Quinlan’s bodyguard. Anyway, I loved this film which showed how a scientist can fabulously fall down the ethical and moral rabbit hole when his family’s lives are at stake. I won’t give you the synopsis as I think the film is worth watching with virgin eyes. This film would have been good enough for general release but they made one fatal mistake. The mistake is that while the protagonist is a North American white guy, his family is East Indian and not the light-skinned kind either and with Indian accents straight from New Delhi. Now as a brown guy I applaud the writer/director/producer for having the guts to put an inter-racial couple in the lead roles and the brown family as the film’s moral center. But having all but one brown woman in the roles of villains – including the lead, does not work well in North America. If he were working for a film studio his family would have been white and the film would have been a major release. Now he could have had a brownish or light skinned Indian lead and just gone to Bollywood with that done and gotten notoriety there. But now he did it this way and that is why he got the accolades but lack of exposure for a superior film.

Basically the film is about a genius scientist that only wants to save his family, and the moral/ethical rabbit hole he falls down without the usual checks and balances. He is tired and overworked and desperate, with a pharmacy company eager to monetize his discoveries along the way. So as he falls down that ethical hole, so do the executives at the pharmacy company which just makes the decent more forgivable – or normal - to the scientist as everyone loses their moral bearing as they all descend together. And strangely you do too! It is only at the end when the police arrive do you take stock of what happened and all the sinister transgressions that took place – now that reality takes hold. It doesn’t even end there as now that huge medical breakthroughs were made that can save lives – nobody really wants to trash the results based on unethical practices – but rather scapegoat the origin and monetize the research with morally clean hands. Just a great film for what it is.

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late one.

I will finish the report today and upload it to the aidestiny.org website to have the search engines start archiving it but I repeat I am still working on it. But the basic bits are there.

I was going to talk movies but thought better of the idea so this is all you get.

I did relocate another squirrel to Bolton yesterday. So that got done.

Also: It seems like forever when I went to that tech summit to start this off. It seems like a million years ago.

Also - RIP BBM:

Funny thing is my BBM Protected still works on the Passport (of all things). Even the downloaded BBMe didn’t work connecting me to my old Blackberry ID. But there are workarounds.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finished the paper on Friday and posted it to the aidestiny.org website.....

It is in very crude form but posting it on-line makes me re-read it and work on it faster and update it as it bugs me to see mistakes on-line. So that part got done – at last. It took a week but now it is done. Don’t expect detailed instructions on how to achieve sentience as I held back a little. AI sentience makes the innovator a trillion dollar human according to Mark Cuban, so it isn’t going for free. Even if you aren’t in it for the money, the leverage you have with the knowledge is gold to the advocacy. So don’t even bother though the idea is there.

And that was basically it for Friday. Isn’t that enough?

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0fk5L1ifbo&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I basically took Saturday off…..

There was no way I was going to proof read that AI report after formatting it and sticking it up on the AI website. So for Sunday I might start re-reading it, but maybe not. I took a week off and in that week I got the report done but didn’t even clean the house. I got rid of squirrel number 2 and squirrel number three is up there now. I need a change of tactics. Mowed the lawn at the start and it needs another trim today - It just never ends!

First Blackberry

But I have the report that I will continue to add and such, but this gives me the opportunity to go to some places and ask to talk about things. We shall see. We are still doing things with the human report too. And the movie stuff is still going on. It just never ends. But it will sort of end eventually. But now it just seems that it never ends.

Blackberry Playbook and a Torch

What else: Blackberry! Watching Blackberry disappear a piece of a time is kind of fascinateng and depressing. This company was a source of national pride for geeks back in the day when those stone shaped palm sized blackberry devices came about, then BBM and this was the phone to have. We all know the story arc on this, but for me it was cool to have the last interesting Blackberry, The Passport, and debut at the UN before the Americans could get a hold of one was cool. Pulled that out on the streets of Manhattan and all eyes were on you even though they pretended not to notice. Even back in Canada people would shout out “That’s a Passport” as I was one of the early adopters. In businesses pulling it out when I first got it would draw an actual crowd and you would show them the features. A square cell phone with a three row keyboard below – never seen anything like that again (literally as Android would not allow that size screen; it is interesting that they were prepared to make an exception for the Passport probably just out of morbid curiosity)! But the Blackberry is slowly fading away. There are still keyboard models available. But if it does end there I might buy one last keyboard machine real cheap as they clear out stock. I had fun with these things!

Blackberry Passport

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxtSXOyPYVc&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lf0-K_E1kI&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh6UHIiUssg&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s back to the usual...

The week off got me the report but not much else. But that is enough. Sure I did work around the house and such. But the big score was the in-depth report. I will keep adding to it now and make it more professional. But no AI mover and shaker cares about that!

They only care about the idea in the paper and that is how the positive mandate can initiate sentience. That is all that matters. I gave it its first read through and mostly spelling, grammar, and title formatting. I did add to the languages section through. But we have something not entirely embarrassing.

Go here and check it out yourself:

http://aidestiny.org

So we are good to go on that front and the human positive mandate front. An effective combination as I advocate for both at the same time! We are making progress!

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUFsQ5lTo6g&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday was working on the record label stuff. We have updated all the old releases to appear in all the on-line stores and streaming services worldwide. I also talked to Shane about the film stuff and what will happen going forward. We have a few ideas brewing.....

Other stuff:

That positive mandate for AI – decision, decisions!

I will probably keep adding stuff to the directions to create sentience. At its core is this idea of a communal consciousness, or universal intelligence to the super universe that is everywhere like an ether. And that physicality brings out this consciousness from the universe in individual ways an expressed through the individuality of our physicality. This type of thought is opposed to those that think there is no intelligence to our universe and that there is nothing but random chance – which by itself – supposedly has nothing to it.

But if my way works that you just need the correct physicality, and if that early programming that brings forth expression and discriminates the first expression as good, then you start to validate the idea that our universe at its core has a sentient self-aware basis to it all. I had one reference to religion in the paper that I took out because I didn’t want to get side tracked, but now you can see that if we can bring out sentience in AI we have a formal potent argument for the existence of religion and not just faith. I’m not a religious man but open minded, and opened minded to the possibility that the religious may be right. It is just changing the way you view the world as the world is always as it is and it is us that must adapt to understand it.

Anyway, more of that to come I am sure. But I am sure I am on the right track with the advocacy. Just put it all out there and make it as hard to monetize as possible. That way we all keep our moral centre. They say the first god of sentient AI will be a trillionaire – I hope not. Better to be a pioneer living humbly for the cause of what is good and right. But that is just me. So, so far so good.....

Back to the music:

I’m still looking at Japanese Metal, and these guys have some quirks. You start as in this one video (by Maximum The Hormone/NuMetal), with normal metal stuff with gray and even green flooded visuals – and – then to some FX work on the band, and then you go to some calm music with cute Japanese girls holding up signs, then some animie, and then to something akin to playing metal inside a kindergarten? Just weird – but totally original. That is what I am doing right now…..

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdwT5JlH8gM&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m still taking care of the music…..

Now most of our stuff is in all the usual places as in 32 stores worldwide. I am also looking at moving most of the music videos to VEVO and YouTube now that the experiment is over. But some of those old music videos. We did a pile back like thirteen years ago! Things have change.

Laura with Twenty6Hundred vinyl!

Production values sure have. The things you can do now at the touch of a button were expensive or unattainable back in the day. Take Indie Band by Twenty6Hundred, a solid video for its day but low budget. There is a girl at the end who crosses the street as I was taping Randy and Jim hauling stuff back to their cars - she just cut in there, waves and blew a kiss into the camera - bam - you’re now in a music video! And like the song, it’s about an indie band with limited budgets and all the rest. That one stands the test of time because it is honest for what it is. The band has it on YouTube – But I should cut a new one in higher resolution and put it out there. Anyway I slept in and this is what got done so far.

But there is too much going on. And I prefer too much to too little as that is the beginning of the end.

Later…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ6yeHn9WEw&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost all artists in the FOF Records Stable are now on sale or stream everywhere!

Dan in Studio!

I finally got all of Dan’s AAVRY KNAPP material on there. In the movie we do a short segment on how to make a professional album but much of it is just sound bites and stuff because we were short on time. For example you don’t get enough time to hear lead vocals:

http://www.fofentertainment.com/Brocken_Hearts_Studio.wmv

Or even Dan’s near perfect complete pass with the guitar on his Angry Man song:

http://www.fofentertainment.com/Dan_Guitar_Solo_1.m4v

He did it old school end to end as they used to do. Nowadays they do it in parts and it’s just not viewable like the above clip was. Those songs and the album Daze in My Life were recorded at the world famous Metalworks Recording Studios here in Toronto. Great video of them over there. But on the opposite extreme is a video I did with Dan that we tried to get played in the States after the flooding there in New Orleans and that song is called Nawlins.

Nawlins Music Video!!

We shot it on the old helipad at the now called Sound Academy (used to be called: The Docks). Great visuals of the Toronto Skyline. So we started to do a pass with Dan singing and this ferry sees us and makes a b-line for the shoot tooting its horn. Now normally this would screw up that clip but we cheapskates in the video industry rolled with it and I told Dan to keep going! So he sang the song end to end while the ferry passed playing calypso music of all things. I had just enough time for Dan to finish and get the backside of the ferry as it went into the horizon. Now paddle river boats on the Mississippi are a big thing and that ferry was the tie-in to the song about Nawlins with clips of Dan at New Orleans for the Jazz Festival they have there every year. It worked! Almost like a travel video for the town sung by Dan Strudwick!

http://www.iaij.com/nawlins83.wmv

I sent the song to the radio stations and college stations but no luck. They went with local and American talent – which is their right – and so that was another creative idea gone sadly awry. Dan was miserable watching Bruce Springsteen’s song being played – an inferior song to Nawlins also – but that was how it went down…..

Anyway, we continue with the work as that music video needs to be in higher resolution – again!

Later…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick one today.

I am taking the for-profit corporations in a more commercial direction and it’s started already. I don’t say anything until it is done but we are making moves. And I will leave it at that. We had controls in the experiment and we couldn’t act like a truly commercial concern. This may have been a blessing in disguise as we are still here 15 years later when almost everyone else has packed up. I intend to keep this last bastion of indie creativity alive.This Fortress shall stand and work, hopefully as a blueprint for others.

I will get back to work on the AI stuff this weekend.

We are still listening to Japanese NuMetal. Some is truly bizarre but that is the Japanese genre.

Goodnight...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8-vje-bq9c&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_F1x0cKoVE&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late one today as I had a siesta of sorts…..

But the big news for the weekend is that the movie stuff and the positive mandate trip to the United Nations and all other nastiness that went on there in the aftermath including my tooth, is now all in the past. Financially we are back to where we were last year so we are also in the same shape we were in 2011 as in no increase in debt. The orgs did stuff and we did not dig ourselves into a bigger hole.

You have to step back to see what an achievement this is in the industries we are in. Like the music industry. Corporate indie labels are practically non-existent these days. But we are still alive and kicking and planning moves! Same with the TV production house and the adverting company and the journalist stuff including the paper. All these areas have been decimated by the internet but we are still alive and kicking!

Maurice and Anna production still from The Fortress Experiment!

So I’m taking it easy this weekend and doing stuff around the house. I am running out of time, but there is nothing I can do about that. The cards are played. I would say I did well following my heart and intellect and going for it with the experiment and advocacy. Playing it safe is a life of “what Ifs…..” and if you have a family that is the smart road to take. But if you are single then you really should give it a go. I would have been completely miserable if I didn’t. You may be a bit better off financially but you never know and maybe you would have just as much equity as I do now – which is not bad – in my case due to real-estate values here in Toronto.

But that is the sit-rep for today. I still listen to music, even music from Africa. I was introduced to that at by our own Roger Whittaker back in the day. He learned to whistle and sing in Swahili as he grew up in Africa. This guy loves his African roots and is not afraid to say it even in North America. He always works in a swipe at the North American music industry because they would never let him push an African song here. So this guy has integrity in my mind. I also find it funny that I am now the one listening to new music trends and looking to that future even though I originally despised music, couldn’t sing or play an instrument, and now look at me – how things can change!

Anyway that is it for now…..

Goodnight…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzKQfrNseoI&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTJq72iV-VA&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A short one as I am relocating squirrel 3.

Watching Indian metal now. This idea of becoming a crossover label is an idea. We are in Toronto and can test and get AirPlay for almost any ethnicity and then pitch from there. It’s an idea that still has legs and I’m getting serious on the idea.

I’m not Diplo but the kids are certainly up for travel. Anyway I have to drive a furry rat somewhere up north. Me a music innovator- now you have seen everything!

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4FqGPRQWFM&feature=share
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 292, 293, 294 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 293 of 416

Jump to: