Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
The Cancerous Lump In My Mouth I Grew During My Divorce

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: The Cancerous Lump In My Mouth I Grew During My Divorce Reply with quote

The Cancerous Lump In My Mouth I Grew During My Divorce

By Maurice Ali, Journalist

It took a while; but I have just endured my first brush with the "Grim Reaper". Many encounter their first brush with death by watching the sun go up.....and down, and smiling at children, telling family members they love them and so on. My experience was a little different.....

Things started with my divorce, nothing amazing here, just two people who drifted apart. It was during the actual divorce that I grew this lump above my right front tooth; I always would call it my "divorce lump". The thing just lay there, sometimes becoming a bit painful and reminding me how I screwed up my chance to become domesticated with children and such. However, it mostly just lay there as a reminder of one painful moment of failure in my miserable life at that time.

Now about one month ago I got this strange itchiness in my entire mouth that gradually localized right on that very lump! I did not quite know what was going on at the time, but is sort of worried me. Worried become very concerned when the lump began to grow in size, it also seemed to affect my sense of smell also. I started to think a very bad thought - it could be cancer!

It was at this moment I took stock in my situation and came to several conclusions. First is that I wanted to live! I wanted another forty five years of my life and really felt cheated that it could come to end so soon. There were many things I still wanted to do and I liked "operating" in this world of ours. Things I worried about before, like work and my car and bills; became non-issues as I could just live the life of a bum and still relish the act of being "alive". You really understand that this thing of ours is temporary and that it can end at any time..... However, I have to be honest and tell you that family and friends were not the overriding thought on my mind when I was forced to think about : "THE END". What I was actually most concerned about was the fate of this little organization we had here. Yup, If I am perfectly honest with you guys on this; I would have to admit that not being around to see what happens to this place was my biggest regret to a possible departure to my eternal fate. I wanted to be a part of this place as it became whatever it was to become. Most of all, I wanted a chance to fulfill my dreams for this place. This is what I thought about the most. I made a deal with myself that if I got anther chance, I would not hesitate to seriously push this organization forward without fear - this I knew I was going to do without hesitation (the "full court press" as I would say.....).

The good news is that I seem to be negative for cancer though we will still monitor the area. Back to quibbling about the minor things in life, it happens that fast. The commitment to this organization stands. Fortress Of Freedom is simply an advocacy group promoting free speech and thought, there is nothing hidden here. It came about from my days in philosophy classes in the 1980s when the idea of the "communal consciousness" was in style. This concept states that we - as a race - think much alike and ideas spring from a group together and not from the individual mind. Anyway, this was just a theory back then. However, technology now exists to make this a truly "wired society" with people hearing the same message at the same time in "real time". People in their rush to embrace new technology, may unwittingly embrace a trap if the conditions are right. This trap is simply the trap of media saturation leading to a lack of individual thought and thus a lack of individual freedom. Fortress Of Freedom will be there to remind folk of the advantages of individual free thought and we will use our real life experiences to punctuate that point. This experiment is on-going and yes, exciting.

I am committed to sending this organization along the path it was destined to walk. This organization, like my life at this moment, is vital and alive!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: