Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
FOFSTOCK Decries the Increasing Use of AI in the Music In…

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> FOFSTOCK
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 5:49 am    Post subject: FOFSTOCK Decries the Increasing Use of AI in the Music In… Reply with quote

FOFSTOCK Decries the Increasing Use of AI in the Music Industry!

In addition to promoting the music of musicians through our activities and upcoming events, FOFSTOCK is also an advocacy organization promoting the interests and concerns of its members and the music industry as a whole. By a polling of the membership and Board of Directors, we at FOFSTOCK wish to make the following statement:

We at FOFSTOCK are concerned and alarmed at the growing use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the music industry but most especially when it supplants creativity and self-expression of human musical artists, and the music made by human artists, flawed though it may be when compared to AI productions.

Music is a reflection of the lives, concerns, emotions and creative artistry of humans each in their own community reflecting the diversity of human culture in all its creative forms. AI may be able to copy, imitate and produce its own form of music geared by algorithms to be popular to the largest share of human tastes. This will have the effect of supplanting human empathy and influence and ultimately human culture and human self-determination, and possibly even making human musicians of all kinds incapable of reaching and expressing themselves at all to a mass audience.

This existential threat will have an enormous influence on the mass of human listeners with messages and cultural leanings that may not be derived from human minds. Human culture is for humans and music should be the domain of humans as ugly and as flawed or excellent as they may be. We need to communicate directly with each other and music is one way of forwarding this expression.

On the strength of the above arguments, FOFSTOCK wholly condemns the use of artificial intelligence that has any impact on creativity in the music industry in all its forms by human artists. This includes the mimicking of human voices and lyrics, melodies, beats, individual instrumental performances, videos, performances and all the usual copyright protections and any other form of human intellectual property AI may infringe upon including the artist’s brand. Humanity needs expression by individual people, in other words humans, to entertain and shape the ever developing human culture to whatever ends it may reach.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I slept in…..

I’ll make an.announcement about the AI song - lest anyone say I nobbled adoption and views by keeping it on some blog on some obscure website on the net. I could put it in Spotify - but we will go this far to prove a point and maybe take it from there. What are we up to, forty views? Pathetic, but reassuring in the same way.

I hate the AI song. My strumming on the strat is almost imperceptible as to avoid severe clipping the iPhone I recorded it in did just that and therefore the volume on everything else was turned down. I can go back to the original clip and drop the volume on the laid stiff, pull up the volume on the rest and edit it a bit better and resubmit. The forty views it has now is. i thing. I’ll add video and a thumbnail of me looking cool. and for what? My pride? Just ask Lucifer about that one…..

Anyway, the AI stuff has taken off. Sooner or later if ends up at the UN and that is where I am strategically positioned. IAIJ has status but FOFSTOCK rides in its coattails like it did in getting to speak in February. I may get my chance to really get my ideas out there for in-going development of humanity - or - as a side bar to Judgement Day. Take your pick as nobody knows the future.

It is exciting. It does give you a reason to get up in the morning. Stay focused, this is not about screwing women that may find you interesting, this is not about making a quick bucks off of events to buy a better car and better stuff all the while screwing multiples of women thinking this is the life”. This is about the fate of humanity. I’m guessing I am just one of a bunch takes with the same thing. Humanities future doesn’t ride in the actions of mine person, but the idea makes for a great movie. But for th use of use able more so on our fellow humans, that mortal
imperative functions to make you act and make a difference. And that is what’s happening now.

In other news…..

Hanging out with musicians has a grounding effect that keeps you and your perspective as you do this advocacy balanced - it keeps you centered. Taking up the guitar at this moment. - in reflection - was just a brilliant idea….. Everyone around you at these events is political and tons of subterfuge. Who is in favour of AI - who knows - and who is against - who knows - the people knocked can change their mind on a dime just like that. I’m cautious and favour a halt in development, but if an AI is already sentient I may fight for its rights - see how that goes! To make these judgement calls your mind l has to be centered and pointing to ”true north”. Hanging out in this alternate musician universe does just that. You want to mess with that - then show me some real shredding on a guitar - otherwise I’m not listening…..

Goodnight…..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> FOFSTOCK All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: