Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
The Fortress TV Show
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> FOF Television and Movie Productions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: The Fortress TV Show Reply with quote

The Fortress TV Show

By Maurice Ali, Producer

This thread will be devoted to The Fortress TV Show and most of the comments pertaining to this show should be kept here as to have a record of everything in sequential order. I have removed the blocks on the audio/video and audio forums for all to see the progress of our projects and any sensitive material should be sent to the "Staff Room".
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working Name: The Fortress TV Show

Production Company: Fortress Of Freedom Inc.

Producer: Maurice Ali

Legal: Neal and Smith Bar. and Sol.

P.R./Enqiries/Office/Accounting: Sue E.

Technical Production: Michael Atkinson

Scripts: Maurice Ali,

Hostess: Emily S.

Interviewer: Dan Strudwick

Music/Theme: Dave Getchel

Interviews: M. Andre Moore, Maurice Ali

These are the positions earmarked at the present time and no doubt names and categories will change as time goes forward.

Last edited by Maurice Ali on Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back Into Action!

Maurice Ali

We are back in business and sprinting out of the blocks to catch up to our ongoing projects:

Fortress TV show: Sadly I must announce the departure of Corra (one of our models) due to personal reasons and not of any ideological or conflict problem with our organization. Well liked, Corra will be missed but I have left the door open to her to return to the fold if she so wishes in the future.

Corra

Taking Corra's place as hostess of the TV show is our beautiful Emily. Emily was the girl holding up the first press card in our newspaper and the voice of The Fortress audio commercial. Good luck Emily.

Emily

Dave Getchel has accepted the challenge of composing , writing, and performing a musical interlude on the TV show. This talented performer/composer wrote the theme music for the organization and is the background music heard on our first audio commercial. Welcome aboard again Mr. Getchel!

Dave Getchel

Our resident rocker Dan Strudwick will be the main interviewer on the TV show and is ready to give myself and the others a "grilling" on the day of taping. Good luck Dan!

Dan

M. Andre Moore is our most gifted writer, and he has agreed to be one of our interviewees on the TV show. Should be an interesting interview!

M. Andre Moore

Fortress Of Freedom Inc. is pleased to announce that Michael Atkinson has accepted the position and responsibility of technical production of the Fortress TV Show. Mr. Atkinson brings a wealth of knowledge to our organization and has participated in several video productions in the past. We here at Fortress Of Freedom Inc. welcome Michael and his input to this project. Good luck Michael!

Maurice Ali welcomes Michael Atkinson to Fortress Of Freedom Inc. with a handshake!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fortress TV Show: Concept And Reason For Being

The Fortress TV Show is best described as an infomercial for the organization's activites and philosophy. We believe in freedom of thought and speech in all it's forms and are an advocacy group devoted to the protection of those rights and freedoms.

The Fortress TV Show is to be an archive of this small group as it tries to do what it can in a world where ideas such as free speach and thought are currently under attack.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Date Of Filming

The date for filming of the show is to be September 18, 2004. This is a Saturday and we may have a chance for extra taping on Sunday if the need presents itself.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The open area of Area 3.

The location of The Fortress TV Show is:

Province: Ontario

City: Toronto

Site: Sunnybrook Park - Area 3

Links to the map of the park will be included at the bottom of this post.

A permit has been obtained for the venue and a link to this permit will be found at the bottom of the post.

More Photos Of Area Three

Photo1

Photo2

Photo3

Photo4

Photo5

Photo6

Photo7

Logistics Of The Site

Why Sunnybrook Park? The location was picked for several reasons.

First, the site is a park. Our message is one that must appeal to the broad public as this is a "grass roots" movement of ordinary people reaffirming their desire to keep their rights. Therefore, the park setting is perfect.....what could be more welcoming?

Secondly is cost. Studio time is expensive at 200.00 dollars an hour; plus the cost of lighting and makeup and such.....prohibitively expensive for us. We can shoot outside at minimal cost - the only problems being rain.....

Thirdly is location to services. This park is in the middle of Toronto and is easily accessible to any needs we may require. The park is also equipped with modern washroom facilities and a restaurant. Easy to get to via the freeways; this is an ideal location to move a large group to. No lengthy driving time is required and some can get there by transit. It is also very public and not as intimidating as a remote location. These are the primary reasons I selected this site as the best place to film the show.

Click Here For The Map Of The Park

Click Here For A Copy Of The Permit
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Story Board: The Fortress TV Show

The Fortress TV Show Story Board
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even in the middle of a book - my time is clearly turning to the TV show. I was talking extensively with a guy from Harvest Moon Productions and will consider this outfit for the emergency default situation if things really start to turn sour at the last minute. We can shoot in studio off their excellent equipment if need be, for low cost.

Saying all of the above, it is clear that our future must remain self-sufficient. We need to know how to make a show on our own. We need our own camera for taping of events as well as the show. Because of this; I am turning more and more away from Sony beta to the DVD-ram format because of the lack of finalization in this format.

It looks like we will probably buy our camera instead of renting it. We will also be able to get to know how to use it this way.

Dan is still the go to guy for the bulk of the hosting. Corra is still considering her return to the hostess and may probably do it. Nevertheless I have added another model to our stable who can sub if need be.

Anyway, that is about it for now.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we will be buying the camera if we can do this.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.saferseas.com/vsd/eye/eye1.html
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Informal filming will begin on August 12. Script development will be highest priority starting August 16. From this moment on, all person to person meetings will be taped and archived until the final taping of The Fortress TV Show. Its Happening guys and gals.....Break A Leg!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have forgotten the time of your set.....here are the times for the people on August 13:

Dan: 6:45

Emily: 12:45

Punita: 14:00

Dave: 16:30

You must be interviewed in street clothing. Thanks - Maurice
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic day of shooting! Congrats to all! The equipment functions flawlessly and all photograph well. This day took a lot of pressure off me with regard to our ability to put on a quality product. One again a big thank you to Dan, Emily, Punita and Dave! You guys are great!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some photo stills of our newest model Punita:

Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technical Philosophy Of The Fortress TV Show

The Fortress TV Show is a test mule for our philosophy of bringing the mass media back to the general public; in this way we reduce the influence of the rich few to manipulate the general public through the mass media. With this philosophy in mind - we went ahead with the project.

I could have had people put on a very entertaining and slick show; but that is not the point here; we are here to provide the average person with the opportunity to access mass media. These people were selected because they normally would never get the chance by themselves; this was the test for inclusion.

Given that most are unfamiliar with broadcast television; it must have been daunting for them to step forward to participate in our little project. But they have and I will deliver on my promise to get their creative spirit on the air. I now have the confidence in our ability to achieve the technical requirements necessary for true broadcast television. Now I must set the standards for the performance.

As stated above; our performers are going to be nervous just getting their own work done and practiced for the shoot. We will not gamble with their many hours of preparation with unorthodox and risky film making. What I mean by this is that we will tape the show properly with tripod and booms and the like and aim for getting the audio and video quality to be as stable and clear as possible: I do not want the Blair Witch Project! A simple straight forward technical aim. Now after the original footage is shot; then we can experiment with the innovativeness in our group, but we will not on the actual day of shooting (however, I am still open for ideas if they are good enough..... Smile ).

We are so close to the goal of our own TV show that it must be my responsibility at this time to secure the show viability as a quality product from the technical end. It is now our show to lose as opposed to a dream of a show to have. This is the biggest change in perspective in the life of The Fortress TV Show project. Our dream has become reality!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> FOF Television and Movie Productions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: