Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
The Word On The Street 2012!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: The Word On The Street 2012! Reply with quote

The Word On The Street 2012!

By Maurice Ali

The crowd in front of the FOF booth at Word On The Street!

Toronto, Canada - The Word On The Street National Book and Magazine Festival is a national literary fair held in various cities in Canada and FOF had a booth at the fair in Toronto, and this is the story of our day at the festival (September 23, 2012).

The view of our tent when I got there.

Wide angle of our immediate area.

Our day started at about 8:00am driving my car over to our tent and getting our chairs and books and newspapers on our table. You then drive out and park the car and I then went to a McDonalds to have a breakfast.

At the start we knew this was going to be a miserable day. Not only was it cold, but the wind started to pick up and it even started raining on and off! So in the photo above you see our books all neatly laid out, but later (the photo below) they were just anchored by our heavier boxes to keep things from blowing away.

Our books and newspapers anchored down to prevent them from blowing away!

I was not alone at the festival. Anna Wendland showed up at the official public release of her two books: "The Road" and "Immaterial Forms Of Energy And Their Interactions"!

Anna Wendland being interviewed!

For me the festival was a bit of a "trial" as the weather was miserable and manning the booth before the crowds picked up was boring. We did get some response to our IAIJ citizen journalist survey so all was not lost. However it was a long day and dodging trucks before and at the end of the festival just to pickup some print and patio chairs just emphasized the hassle the people behind the event have to put up with the put on a festival like this. I was dismayed to see IAIJ as the only journalist org at the festival. There were others in the past years and I was hoping to have some chats with them, but not this year.

So we may show up again next year because true book publishing companies are now very rare and journalist orgs are almost non-existent. So it looks like another appearance next year at the World On The Street Book And Magazine Fair!

Here I am bored at the event in the early morning!

FORTRESS OF FREEDOM: BRINGING THE MASS MEDIA TO THE MASSES!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: