Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
The Year In Review.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: The Year In Review. Reply with quote

It is the start of the new year and new stories; but I would like to take a break before we forge ahead, and see just what happened to all the stories we covered last year.

OCAP is still staging sit-ins and representing the homeless as we reported in The Worst Live Reporting In History. The funniest thing was when they asked for money to pay the staff as they "ran out" - a true poverty rights group! Laughing

The effort to stop the development of the Oakridges Morraine went bust after what looked like victory. The incoming government reneged on promises to stop development. This is an ecological disaster for the area and I still remember the protesters chanting "shame.....shame" at government offices. This was also the first live report I attended and the one that got me "hooked".

Project Threadbare is still active and reporting of the plight of those immigrants rounded up for deportation back to Pakistan. I guess the wheels of justice move slowly but the website of this group keeps things up to date; there is still no information on what happened to those deported to Pakistan.

The Freenet project forges ahead with a permanent programmer. I really wish them well in solving the pedophile problem at their project, as that was the only real "chink" in the armour of this altruist endeavor.

Bono of U2 comes to Toronto - what can I say..... He came and went and will come again presumably to sing with Gene Simmons of KISS..... The cause of cheap generic drugs for Africa is a good one though.....

Burn't Earth still forges ahead with protests.....the latest is stoping an Esso station in London. This is the kind of stuff I like; the litttle people making a difference.

Still in the U.K. is the Stop The Warfolks who are still at it with plans to protest the results of that enquiry into that British guy who ended up dead in a field somewhere after helping to uphold the lies about WMD in Iraq.

Well.....Michael Jackson has new allegations against him with regards to child molestation. Jackson still thinks it is Ok to sleep with children who are not his..... The lawsuits keep coming.....from parents who knowingly let their children sleep with Michael Jackson.....

Rocco Galati is still alive.....thank God! Does anyone care? Problably only Galati; who showed the true "metal" of a lawyer by turning tail and running when some drunk Italian phoned him up one night.....

Our first Press release about the world's most accessible website still holds true. In a little while I will be able to access the site on the job through my cellphone! How times have changed.....

The homeless rang in the new year with sleep overs at the tourist spot call Nathan Phillips Square.....that one made the news.....nothing much was done.....

PETA can do no wrong as nothing much ever came of their "over the line" campaign against mothers that wear fur. Nothing surprises me about our society anymore.....

As for this site; our press card is now a reality as well as a dedicated site for the IAIJ. This is the job for the year ahead. The fun times of talk without action are over and the grim task of making something from nothing lies ahead. We seem to have lost several friends along the way, but they are not forgotten for their contributions to this site and it's cause and welcome the new members as we more into the university arena in the weeks to come.

That was the year in review - fortressoffreedom.com style.....

Comments
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: