Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
Some Parting Thoughts On Meeting Slash!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shane Murphy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Some Parting Thoughts On Meeting Slash! Reply with quote

Some Parting Thoughts On Meeting Slash!

By Shane Murphy: A&R Management, FOF RECORDS

Slash and me shake hands at the start of the interview!

First off , I'd like to say that I never had any idea of what to expect as I awoke on the morning of Thursday March 11 2010. I knew I had a job to do and an exclusive meet and greet with none other than the legend himself Saul Hudson (A.K.A. Slash). Slash , for those of you who may not know, which I am sure are one in a million, was the former lead guitarist of Legendary rock n' roll outfit Guns N' Roses and is now the lead guitarist of Velvet Revolver. With my assistant with me, Kevin Adgey (also of Fortress Of Freedom Records), and cameras blazing, we pulled it off.

In person, Slash is a very humble human being. Just an everyday guy who has a knack for ripping up guitar scales. We had about 45 minutes with him to pretty much do whatever the F.... we wanted. He gave us awesome one of a kind advice about the industry and all of its ups and potential downfalls. It is safe to say this guy has been around. I guess in wrapping this up quickly my only problem with the whole ordeal was the fact that I am not already in Los Angeles with the rest of Velvet Revolver, working on the new material...but hey , we can all have dreams right?

Slash strikes a pose with Kevin looking on!

Thanks so much Slash from F.O.F. for your time and inspiration.

It was not all Slash at the Canadian Music week, ther was a multitude of trade booths and artists in droves trying to make connections and get themselves out there! Below you will see a collection of pictures of some of the people I met and hung out with at Canadian Music Week:

Here I am with SNOW:

Here is one of Kevin and me with ANVIL:

Amy Sky (Canadian singer-songwriter), one of the many speakers at Canadian Music Week:

And finally me and Kevin at the Royal York Hotel:

Shane A. Murphy
A&R Management
FOF RECORDS

Kevin Adgey
Assistant
FOF RECORDS.

FOF RECORDS: CUTTING EDGE MUSIC!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: