Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
TWENTY6HUNDRED AT THE RIVOLI!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shane Murphy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: TWENTY6HUNDRED AT THE RIVOLI! Reply with quote

TWENTY6HUNDRED AT THE RIVOLI!

Review and photography by: Shane Murphy: A&R Manager, Fortress Of Freedom Inc.

TWENTY6HUNDRED getting ready!

Well this review started off by a realization when we were lined up at the entrance to the Rivoli. Here I was with Maurice waiting to pay to get in to see TWENTY6HUNDRED and the man at the door waved me by - the first time I was ever not carded! I even asked if he wanted ID and he said no with Maurice laughing his head off. So we enter to a rather full bar (you can see them in the photo of Maurice at the bottom) and wait for their set to begin. I was there to take photos while Maurice was there to shot video for the band to see later and also because you may always get an inspired moment on stage you can add to one of the productions later on.

One thing I always note about TWENTY6HUNDRED is that they always look rushed, always not enough time to set up. Every time they take the stage the outfits and appearance - especially Michael - change. Michael was wearing a gangster outfit with black hat and black shirt with a tie that said "Fuck Off!" - I liked that.

Michael Atkinson!

So they start their performance of their typical Punk/Rock/Alternative mixture that is their signature style. This was a very energetic performance, not their best work yet compared to what I have seen them do, but energetic. Jim was good, and all over the stage. They played some of the old stuff from their first CD ("Free With Purchase") and the new stuff mixed in with Michael and Jim talking to the crowd in between songs (they are comical with Michael always threatening to "pull it out on stage"). They are a comical bunch! They seemed to be a little bit more together today, a bit tighter, I think they are practicing a bit more as they are more comfortable together on stage. This time their music was let down by the equipment with more than the usual feedback and distortion. Their bass was way to loud, drowning out Michael's voice. I believe the guy at the back even told them so, though I am sure he could have fixed that himself.

Jim Burdon!

Wendel Shank!

Some more notes. The band seems to be spending money on equipment, just something another starving artist notices. I am amazed that Michael was able to get the band up and running in the beginning to get the first CD finished in such a short period of time, and they are still together making music. They are still writing and producing music, now on their own, with their Red/Black and Blue CD that was released earlier in the year. FOF has produced a TV/mini- documentary of the band called "Free With Purchase" that is currently in production as part of a thirteen episode series the corporation is hoping to distribute.

Randy Nolson

In a nutshell, it was an entertaining, energetic performance. So much is happening with the self-proclaimed "hobby band" that is TWENTY6HUNDRED!

Maurice and the crowd at the Rivoli!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: