Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
TWENTY6HUNDRED Sizzles At The Opera House!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: TWENTY6HUNDRED Sizzles At The Opera House! Reply with quote

TWENTY6HUNDRED Sizzles At The Opera House!

By Maurice Ali

Photography: J Burdon-Nolson

TWENTY6HUNDRED takes the stage!

TWENTY6HUNDRED put on another "sizzling" performance - this time at the Opera House - even though I was not there to take it in! Here is a review by one of the people at that performance - Randy of TWENTY6HUNDRED:

"We had another great show, and the stage was amazing! Anyway, the show went well. We lucked into a great set time where the band before us had a huge draw, and most of their fans stayed for our performance to keep the floor full."

Michael Atkinson!

So it looked like the fans and the band had a good night! Just to let you know they would not let me in the Opera House last night. The only guy I met there was Mark (of Black Market Revolution) before I went to the entrance prior to the show. They said that tonight there would be no video but I could take pictures. Ok, so I am cool with that and walked the three blocks to my car and put away the camera and took out a still camera and walked back. Then they said my camera was a professional one and could not be used. They did read the riot act - this time - about what constitutes a professional camera and that was a dslr with detachable lens. I just wish they did that before I walked those six blocks.

Jim Burdon

Anyway it was ten to ten and I figured the band were already on and by the time I came back it would be over - and I am not leaving the camera equipment with security..... So that was that, and I left a message with Michael on his home phone. I was sick as a dog and that made the whole thing worse and Shane (A/R at FOF) was not available or I would have had him go in with his point and shoot and get the action that way. Now I should tell you that I have been guilty of this - and seen borth sides of the issue - in the past but have since stopped that pratice, but word of ordinary patrons being turned away for showing up with cameras is a bit much. The fear from promotors is the images being used illegally to promote products (big problem in the Third World that repackages for the North American market here in Toronto - yes I am also an AD man.....) rather than pay for the studio setup of a band in action, or restricting the imagery for various reasons when you get into the more famous bands. But the practice only applied to folk with really high end equipment. An entry level dslr with only it's pop-up flash does not cut it in my book.

Wendel Shank!

I knew that the next time I showed up they would pat me down to see if I had a smaller one hidden on me - and I do, it is the Pentax - so why bother..... Anyway it was their venue and their rules and I have worked security at Michael Jackson and such at the CNE back in the day so I will not take it out on the security. But that is what happened to me that fateful night.

Randy Nolson!

WOW, every time TWENTY6HUNDRED takes the stage they just get better and bettter. Just a quick look at the production values of the performance in those photos tells it all. The band is looking like a first class act!

I can't wait to see what the next performance will be like (and this time I will be prepared for any eventuality).

Buy Their Music At: iTUNES

http://twenty6hundred.com
http://www.myspace.com/twenty6hundred
http://www.youtube.com/twenty6hundred
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: