Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
World's Most Accessible Website ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sue

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: World's Most Accessible Website ? Reply with quote

The World's Most Accessible Website?

By Sue E, Staff Journalist

This is not a live report but a press release for the website fortressoffreedom.com. The website creator Maurice Ali has, after extensive testing deemed his website to be one of the world's most accessible websites. I am here with Maurice and will firstly ask the obvious question "Why?":

Maurice - "Why, because it was a problem I wanted to solve, I wanted a fully accessible, uncensored venue where freedom of speech and thought were paramount."

Sue - "Who are you aiming your website at?":

Maurice - "Any and everyone who finds the ideals of free speech and thought a good thing, and those with open minds."

Sue - "How have you acheived this accessiblity?":

Maurice - "This effort is the culmination of two months of work aimed at solving the problem of accessibility to all markets on the internet; I am happy to state that we have solved that problem. Retrograde programming of simple HTML without tables, allows this feat. That, coupled with simple flow charted navigation set the stage for what we have accomplished. The original website did not have a message board, as this did not fit in with the design philosophy; however a method of direct interaction was pushed and grudgingly accepted by myself; interestingly, the board actually appears on the hand held computers but is too difficult to use (though not impossible). Another difficulty was the color background of the web pages. I tried to make the pages a vibrant color to offset the blandness, but people felt the pages were still a" turn off"; so I went to the gradient which works well. I am happy to see things turn out so well, we are truly fortunate! Our website is also fully open to the public to participate, a design philosophy from the start."

Sue - "But is this website accessible to any computer in the world?"

Maurice - "We have tested the website from a 386 computer to the most advanced wireless hand held computers, it all works. Check this out:

Sony

That is a Sony hand held computer displaying our index page; working the site from that computer for the first time was a moving experience, a goal accomplished!"

Sue - "Success so far , but where does the website go from here?":

Maurice - "Another announcement is the soon to be released globally accessible, and most accessible press credential verification and database for journalists. This press card and database is part of the newly created and registered association called the: International Association Of Independent Journalists. This association is a support group for amateur journalists who do not belong to unions or other traditional associations; yet need a method of identification to get imprompu interviews or avoid being arrested at protests that get out of hand. The association also has tutorials and other forms of support to the dedicated journalist."

Sue - "This all sounds very exciting, the website is off to a good start . Thank you for your time."'

Maurice - "Thank You."

Sue - "I was talking to Maurice Ali the creator of fortressofffreedom.com and the I.A.I.J. about the recent changes and improvements made to the website."

Comments
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: