Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
This Is Our Most Critical Moment!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: This Is Our Most Critical Moment! Reply with quote

This Is Our Most Critical Moment!

By Maurice Ali, President and CEO: FOF Inc./IAIJ Inc.

Maurice Ali

Welcome to 2007! Best wishes to all for the coming year!

Here at FOF we have come off our best year to date. We actually became a record label this year and, became a true production house and took the first small steps to turn the paper into a more autonomous - university student - run operation! We can now show seven CDs in our catalogue and three TV productions on the go; two basically finished shooting. The variety show should air late this spring with the one hour documentary in the later part of this year. The last which is the two hour movie should be good to go in 2009. The Fortress Newspaper should start to see more regular publication with the new blood we have running it.

For 2007, I see basically making FOF into a viable on-going business entity. We are moving from financing the company to do things to the company financing the things it does. This is the critical moment we face. FOF was originally fodder for the movie on access to the mass media - it was never to be a perpetual thing. I envisioned just financing the various aspects of the mass media and then putting out the movie on our experience. However, the talent we came across was simply far too good to ignore and so we are making a go of it and try to keep the organization alive to further help our existing artists and others who could benefit from our continued existence.

So that is a snapshot of where we are today. This is by no means an easy thing. I have paid the price in many ways as this organization takes up all my time now. But the adventure of our "grand experiment" and the important message we wish to broadcast to the world about access to the mass media; is too important to give up now.

Every adventure has risk, excitement and opportunity for those who are brave enough to grasp for that brass ring, and I am fortunate to be living this adventure at this stage in my life. You have to see the energy and enthusiasm of the young people we have here at FOF. Most people at my at my age have run to safe havens and pretty much given up on new opportunities. I personally am doing things I never dreamed of doing years ago, because I set goals and tried to reach them - and the adventure became the journey to reach those goals. Great stuff, and we shall see what 2007 has for all of us here at Fortress Of Freedom!

Me posing with some heavy equipment taping the variety show!

FORTRESS OF FREEDOM: BRINGING THE MASS MEDIA TO THE MASSES!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: