Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
Bono Of U2 Comes To Toronto.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Bono Of U2 Comes To Toronto. Reply with quote

Bono Of U2 Comes To Toronto.

By Maurice Ali, Journalist

Toronto, Ontario - Wearing his distinctive blue shades, blue shirt with navy jacket and no tie; Bono - lead singer for the band U2 - gave a stirring speech about cheap generic drugs for the Third World at the Liberal convention in Toronto. Sporting an unshaven face, the balding 43 year old Bono, whose real name is Paul Hewson, rambled at times but ended his speech about cheap drugs for the Third World by praising Paul Martin (the incoming Prime Minister of Canada) and using metaphors about the holocaust and ending his speech by saying: "How many people are prepared to lie across the tracks" - regarding the fight to get cheap pharmaceuticals for the Third World.

I am including this story here at our board because even though it is not the unreported type of venue we seek - it is about the Third World and the West finally taking an interest in it. Ever wonder why our web pages are so Plain? Why only color is used to brighten things up? It is to make this website accessible to the Third World with their old computers and problematic communication lines.

Since I live in Toronto; I also took the opportunity to drive downtown to the Air Canada Center (where the convention was taking place) in the hopes of catching a photograph or cameo interview with Bono as he left the building. Alas.....it was not to be, but an exciting night was had by all!

More about my adventure into "gorilla" journalism; and Pictures and audio from the event:

Audio And Pictures
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: