Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 389, 390, 391 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of normal days now.

Tons of taxes have to be done. I have to clean up around my house - the usual. March usually means the start of spring but not this year.

Have things played out in the advocacy game? I made the plays - but are there more? I’m not done with the UN, but wondering if I crested the hill or if I’m still moving to the top of that story or adventure line…..

I bought some more guitar stuff. First of all is a guitar stand. Take the hint that this is not Explorer friendly. Also, I should tell you I unscrewed the whammy bar in the electric - it will come back, but for now is too much of a distraction.

This all points to the idea that you need to start somewhere and buying a cheap guitar is where to start, because you don’t know what you really want until you actually start fooling around with the stuff. I couldn’t do this in the music store. You have to buy something and mess with it for a while. Mess around with it and the accessories like the amp and strap and such. Then you begin to see what you prefer and often it is not what you thought you wanted originally. It’s been five days in and already my preferences are changing. Best to do this with a cheap guitar than a truly expensive one.

I bought some new picks:

The stupid thing is that the music store had no thumb picks for me to try out - really - not one single thumb pick? Anyway, I did my first strumming on a guitar with a pick today.

But I did look at the more expensive guitars from Kramer to see what I was missing. Their Barertta line seems to have an even worse state of quality control with severe fret sprout. If you run your hand along the sides of the fret board the metal frets stick out like razor blades to cut your fingers! Really, even my model was effected - so I guess I got lucky with perfect frets on my guitar - actually that is a big deal as fixing them professionally costs as much as the cheap guitar. Sometimes this is caused by lack of humidity but other brands at the store are smooth to the touch - must have been good luck there for me.

Also, I tuned my electric for the first time. The tuners on the guitar are the knobs you turn to tighten or loosen the strings. Mine are stiff and bind - but that is because they have absolutely no lubricant on the gears! So sooner or later I have to take the things apart and lube up the internal mechanism - then put them back on and restring the guitar. If I do that I may as well buy the best guitar strings I can find and do all that in one day.

Anyway I tuned my guitar, did it with a clip on tuner that came with the guitar. They say it’s crap, but then I found out you can tune with an app on my iPhone. I downloaded the one from Fender and will test the accuracy of the clip on tuner later. Apparently the app tuner does not work in noisy environments so the clip in works for gigs - which actually is big deal. For beginner me, we just continue to play around with my new toy…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I’ll get this one out early as I’ll spend the night looking for bank statements and corporate tax returns.

Do not let it be lost on you that the two most important corporations were registered with the IRS: A journalist org and a record label. Right now those are the two most important parts of our overall organization. So I deal with the CRA and the IRS for the next while.

Jimi Hendrix set his guitar on fire!

Back in guitar land I’m exploring “open G tuning” (Spanish tuning) and used a lot by Keith Richards. Kurt Cobain used Drop D tuning. Van Halen used the E-flat standard tuning. Similarly, Jimi Hendrix used to Eb (E flat), or playing in Eb. The tuning gives the music an “atmosphere” or “mood” depending on the tuning you choose - but I don't even know how to play the guitar yet so take my explanations with a grain of salt! This type of tuning can also help singers hit their notes easier depending on their voice, sort of why I use different mic’s for women and men - if that makes any sense? I’ll give Jimi Hendrix a nod for going further with his guitar playing. Just look at the crowd at Woodstock to see the various expressions on the crowd as he did his version of the “Star Spangled Banner” - or setting his guitar on fire, but history has been kind to Hendrix and his music…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/Am7qzzgGOGU
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tiny bit a “ok” news on the advocacy front. Just a tiny bit of optimism but nothing for sure - but this is the best I could hope for at this point in time - so I will take it. And - no - I’m not going to tell you…..

So I started the corporate taxes. And that is all I have to say on that.

I’m starting to get back to the basics again like eating better. More sleep and such, things are quiet now so I will take advantage of it!

I accidentally got the urge to start reading music - good grief! At least I wasn’t scared away - why - because I already learned about notes with the guitar. It was something familiar and got me into it. We shall see how it goes but don’t expect anything. At the very least I wasn’t totally in the dark this time…..

All this is like some “Twilight Zone” episode for me. Me doing music? But I am getting ideas with the guitar I bought. First I’ll use my two guitar tuners and test them against each other and see how it goes. This will also get me
used to knowing what a tuned guitar should sound like. Then I’ll see if it can hold a tune. After stretching the strings a few times it can hold a tune after really violent tremolo / whammy work, so it could work with the binding tuners it has now.

As for playing, when I get the “up and down” strumming perfected, I’ll work the fret board in a crude way to get some simple riff I can play at some dive to test out the sound system which was my original idea. But I want to go a bit further and see if my type of mathematical mind can also embrace music. I also find it funny that by learning a little in one area opens up some familiarity in other areas and so you keep expanding your knowledge. That much I know, but what about the skill at playing an instrument. let’s face it - that could be a big let down. But I’m curious to see what happens…..

Happy International Woman’s Day!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/G7b-_YcACuQ
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The government has come back to me a few weeks early trying to dismiss that 3.8 billion dollar human rights suit denying extra vaccine for those given inferior vaccine. Most folk were avoiding vaccines - but - a guy like me was looking for more vaccinations, so go figure….. Anyway, we won the first dismissal:

I will reply as I think Ontario’s argument (that’s how they identify themselves even though it is technically His Royal Highness King Charles). In the end they will probably win as the Tribunal and defendant are mostly the same entity - but with me it’s always the principle - only right is right…..

Then there is the corporate taxes and personal taxes. I actually lament not being able to fiddle with my guitar - it has come to this!

Don’t worry about the UN advocacy, we aren’t even one month in and my stuff is low priority or even recreational. As long as it’s circulating we just wait. Just be patient as we have made major progress.

United Nations Secretary General António Guterres

I used to say about the Secretary General and him wanting a new Global Social Contract: “He wants it - he gonna get it!”. But now, at this point of time it’s: “He wanted it - He just got it!!!!!” And that there is progress in a big way…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/_LyHG1R0p28
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weekend and taxes…..

We got some snow on Friday as usual. So I took the bus again which is always a pain for a guy who drives two cars. Anyway the trip home was free as the tap system was down on the bus I was on.

So for Saturday it’s all about taxes. I’ll do as much as I can and send them out on Monday.

Shane’s artwork has been rejected by distributor. Mostly because of blurriness/pixelation and a large chunk of white in the art work. So back to square one in the art work. He was warned that this was a possibility, so we took the chance and lost this one. Back to traditional artwork.

In most corporations you have a dedicated person to handle all accounting and taxes. At our organization that person is me - unfortunately. It has to be done so I do it…..

Don’t even get me started in the human rights case with Ontario !

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More taxes today…..

I’m actually doing 10 corporate taxes with five from last year and another five so far this year and one more later on. The work is all done from the accounting standpoint and all I have to do is fill out the tax forms. Only one corporation made money in 2021/2022 year so I fill out T2 Short forms and I’m done quickly for most. 2022/2023 has four making a profit so far so T2 Long and a pain in the ass! As an aside, FOF Records made the most - how ironic is that!

Then there is the IRS in the States - remember those people?

I’ll also take care of my hair for Sunday.

I can’t escape my age and the future. It would have been easier if it was just me alone. Anyway , I have a community of people my age and they are all - one by one - “hanging up their sneakers” and doing the retirement thing. I see them hanging out together at the mall in the food court. When the weather gets better I’ll see them around town watching other people go about their lives. Meh, I’d rather be doing things and charging.

I think most want do things but physically can’t anymore and so literally have to stop. I’m lucky that I’m still 100% and physiologically younger than my age. How long that lasts is anyone’s guess? But I reached the bare minimum for the advocacy so I met that mile stone. Still, you wonder if that was all worth it. Is is all about kids and family, or something else if you qualify. Mostly those bridges to other destinies are burned now, but you still have a sliver of time to do some other things.

My trusty Mustang due for a new motor?

You could still dump 427 (7.3 liter) the Godzilla motor into the Mustang. You lobbied for that drop in motor and created a ruckus in the Mustang community - and got banned - now you are vindicated and Ford Performance noticed and made it happen. Do that at least and take it drag racing? I always wanted a bun block…..

Get serious with the music and round out your career by learning an instrument and releasing some songs. I’m already a musician with Socan and even been paid personally for a performance (intro for a TV show). And now that I look back - yes - after 18 years producing and promoting, it actually is a career!

You get the drift, if it’s over it’s over, but I keep pushing the philosophy if there is interest. But as a side-bar there are other things I can do in the mean time. I’m still as active as a younger version of me so nothing but family is holding me back…..

Anyway Sunday is before me - with some more snow!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/SGP6Y0Pnhe4
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up doing what I had to do for the weekend and that was it.

Last year’s corporate taxes are all done now. I’ll look them over one more time and then send it in and start doing this year’s taxes even though FOF Entertainment’s year end was on the 9th of March and More Vision does not end till June. Get most of it out of the way and forget about it!

I’m turning more attention to myself these days but the taxes were the main thing. I even was able to cut my hair late into the evening to finish my weekend “to do” list.

Monday is going to be an absolute nightmare, so best to just become a robot and go through the day without letting it get to you. They say many millennials go through this and they call it the dreads of going back to work on Monday. I think this is preferable to retirement. A guy down the street did that and he started doing all the house reno’s that needed to be done. Then he had the perfect lawn. Then he would just stand at the driveway watching people. Then he got a stroke. Then he was walking around with a walker. Then he was walking around with a cane. Now he’s back to watching people from the drive way - not for me!

One odd thing this weekend:

Miss Atomic Bomb!

I was at the mall Sunday afternoon and was thinking of all the sudden ways the human race could be exterminated from the planet. It could all end in four hours with an extreme polar shift. I don’t know how that would effect the international space station though. 16 days for an internet connected sentient AI who is a misanthrope, however It becomes open ended if the sentient AI embraces the Positive Mandate - hopefully as a base engram. Another lethal virus would do it in one year but some souls survive and after five years end up back in the 1800s as a lifestyle. Nuclear war has the best odds as we are more prepared for that but the bulk eventually die.

Atomic Bomb wedding cake - it was once a thing!

Why think about this? You look at it this way if you go and do the things I do. Take the people at the WHO. Many received death threats but they are still with us today. Someone has to do it.

Someone has to do it. And if people with ability and moral integrity don’t do it - the position gets taken by people with less ability and moral integrity. See how that works - so don’t ask me what I am doing what I do…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/ozRldQY1PtE
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The corporate taxes are done! they are done and now I am up to date! I still have this year’s taxes though. What a soul sucking miserable experience these taxes are!

In other news:

I now concentrate on the 3.8 billion dollar suit at the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal - another soul sucking experience.

But - none of this is bad luck. That much has changed - finally…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/mK6tcgsKgps
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of the things.

Shane has new artwork and so we resubmit:

The prior one was not that bad but I think Apple flagged it for that white bit of overexposure - in other word that white blotch near his hand.

The six 2023 corporate taxes will wait until I finish my reply in the vaccine case where I wanted more vaccinations.

I also replaced all our wireless mice with wired mice as I’m sick and tired of battery issues. I’ll keep one for my carry laptop - but that is it.

Learning more about the electric guitar. However, every day I seem to make progress.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/wusmBKAn1j4
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane’s new single “River of Souls” has finally started showing up on places like YouTube. We will wait until it’s in all the major platforms before we make the official announcement. Remember it’s been 18 years since he made his last album so he is rusty - but he is back making music!

I should have all my arguments to reply to the latest motion to quash and should send that thing back to the Tribunal in a couple of days.

So we past a month since dissemination to the Secretary General and Deputy Secretary General. I executed that as well as anyone could, so no regrets on my part, I did my job and that was all I could do. Now it’s on the people I targeted and the people of their organization. Humanity’s fate and the fate of everyone is already set as the fable goes - but - how they get there and the choices they make are the important part in judging it all. That is from The Fate’s perspective. Our perspective is just forward and our actions result in things in the future we can’t know for sure. So the fate of all I have done is still up in the air. But I did my job of at least offering the new Global Social Contract to that vortex of power and influence where those ideas can become flesh.

The Fates

This was a great adventure for someone on the lowest rungs of society making it to the highest rungs with ideas and influence to make our world a better place. Better than any action movie or Sci-fi movie - and all real. The only difference is the length of time involved.

But the systems to access and express yourself at the UN works - especially new ideas. That much those who created the United Nations Charter - fulfilled their idealistic endeavors - perhaps never thinking it could become real. I have successfully tested that idealism, but it is now on to the practical reality of dealing with humans to get the job done.

I have gone further than I ever envisioned, so that much was a surprise. Now we go forward to a preordained future only the Fates know. Maybe it ends here for me. But I would not bet on that…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/-sOe9BbJV0Q
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the fact that I always seem to be the oldest person in the room. Of course I could go to a retirement home and be one of the youngest - but that does me no good in how I feel.

Un-retouched me - 63!

I don’t feel old but I’m starting to show it a bit here and there. Nobody escapes aging but it seems The Fates did give me a few extra years to get things done. With the exception of two people, I am literally the oldest person in my daily life. Think about that…..

I was born in the 1950s and it’s now 2023! That is getting old no matter how you look at it! Still I keep trundling along trying to do stuff. Trying not to think about it helps, but when you think about it it hits you like a ton of bricks. Anyway, biologically I’m 56 based an analysis of my eyes of all things and maybe even a bit younger. It does point out the biggest “achilles heal” of humanity - that limited lifespan. That keeps humanity from developing in so many ways. But I seem to have bucked that trend for a while, maybe an extra ten active years at the most. Then I’m done also…..

If I was chronically sick or physically broken down it would have been too easy to have given up on the advocacy - then the idea goes nowhere! But with the extra years the instigator makes it to the end and at least things can happen now. Human development is stymied by something as simple as that!

In other news:

Shane’s new music “River of Souls” is now on iTunes and supposedly Apple Music in addition to YouTube. We still don’t make the announcement until it’s everywhere. I like how Shane took it upon himself to really try some new things with the art work and vocals and such. We don’t need new talent complaining we are using them as human guinea pigs to try stuff, the guy who runs the label does it first. Sometimes it does not work out like the art work but we are trying new things and so far no harm done.

This artwork did not work!

I’ll send the reply to the Human Rights Tribunal over the weekend. Usually people that submit cases to the Tribunal get a sympathetic ear - with me it’s nothing but combative because it’s against the government - go figure…..

I also have to update some websites to account for our seventh corporation called FOFSTOCK.

Things are now getting back to normal after a month of bad luck. I actually sleep better now. I still don’t have enough time to do everything at my relaxed pace but it all still gets done and I can sleep properly at night.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/yvTgv_qV6Kk
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late one but I had to do stuff.

My microwave oven door started sticking a while ago and I finally bought a new one after 32 years….. 32 years!

I was taking a bath on Friday and brownish water came from the taps at one point so I jumped out of the tub and to my relief found out it was the hot water! Cold water means sewage backup but hot water mean sediment. That usually means an old tank due for replacement but you drain it first and see if that fixes it. So drained it and did it again and now the water is yellow. So I leave it for a few hours and drain it again and then let it sit overnight for the remaining sediment to settle and see if it’s still useful or replace.

This photo was taken in 2004 and maunufatured in 2002 - time to replace!

The tanks are more expensive these days but a fact of life. So we shall see.

Shane’s music is now on Spotify and I experimented with linking to his original material and it worked! I’ll personally make the announcement later today.

I’ll finish the reply to the Human Rights Tribunal by Sunday night and send it in. I think they really want to bury this so I’m not too optimistic - but I will try my best and go through the motions. I’m dismayed that though my fellow old farts got pissed off about the whole thing - being old seems to have knocked the fight out of them - if it was 20 somethings there would have been riots in the streets. So it lands on the oldsters that don’t feel old to kick some butt - it’s depressing actually.

I thought I was becoming an old man after the UN stuff this past week. My ankles felt weak. Then I realized I was wearing these snow boots all week even exercising outside with them on because of all the snow. So that may be it after all…..

But in the end old age gets us all. nobody beats that devil…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s official:

Maurice Ali wrote:
Shane's River of Souls Released!

By Maurice Ali, FOF Inc. / FOF Records Inc.

The Fortress of Freedom Corporation and FOF Records Inc. have officially released Shane's latest single River of Souls! What follows are some of the digital and social platforms you will soon be able to buy or stream the song:

iTunes. Apple Music, SimfyAfrica, YouTube Art Tracks, Spotify, Amazon Music, Google Play, Deezer, iHeartRadio, Napster, MediaNet, VerveLife, Tidal, Gracenote, Shazam, 7 Digital, Juke, Slacker, KKBox, Akazoo, Anghami, Spinlet, Neurotic Media, Yandex, Target Music, Claromusica, Zvooq, Saavn, 8Tracks, Q.Sic, Musicload, Kuack, Boomplay Music, TikTok, Pandora (but they decide if you are worthy).

You can buy the song from iTunes or stream it on all the popular streaming sites like Spotify or Tidal or Apple Music. There is a large number of stores here and some may take a few more days to show up but they will!

Shane!

So all of us at FOF congratulate Shane for a great new single and wish Shane continued success as his music gets out there!

https://shanemurphy.ca

https://fofrecords.com

FOF RECORDS: CUTTING EDGE MUSIC!

Next up is the song “Tryin’”.

I installed the new microwave and will dispose of the old one. After flushing out the water heater the hot water is now hit and clear - but I’ll still look for a new one and the installers and be ready to go at the first hint of trouble again. But I will give the unit one more chance before I pull the plug, it’s electric so I don’t have to worry about the house blowing up and 4’ away from he basement drain - so…..

My ankles didn’t bother me this morning. In fact I was walking around forgetting there was any issue there in the first place - then I remembered, so that one has gone away.

The human tribunal reply is done and I’m just adding some links to prove what I said. And then off it goes and we just wait to see what happens.

I stuffed myself with Swiss Chalet chicken last night and watched an underfunded “B” movie called “The Battle of the Bulge: Winter War”. Then I watched Death Proof again by Quinten Tarantino. Way better and even with the swearing and some gore the thing is truly entertaining!

Goodnight…..

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/Dy-sCbu_g3g

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/Hj3zkazLvbk
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late one as I finally sent my reply to the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal to quash the case at a summary hearing. Normally this would not happen as both parties are lay people at these tribunals. But I took on the government so they will delay and fight it hoping I give up. One step at a time…..

Other stuff.

Shane has some more artwork for his next single.

I finally properly tuned my guitar for the first time with those horrible tuning knobs. If the guitar holds its tune, I may have to question upgrades, but if this is going to be a constant thing then it’s upgrade time and off to the guitar craftsman.

Compaq Presario

I found an old Compaq Presario laptop from maybe the late 1990s at my dad’s place. 32mb of ram. Windows 98 and this was from the days Bill Gates said no computer needs more than 64mb of ram! I’m going to have fun with this machine…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/tFADFSI7Z4Q
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here is Shane’s artwork for Tryin’:

Not the artwork we originally wanted - but the style that would be accepted. Shane made a small mistake and didn’t make the artwork a square (1600X1600 minimum). To crop it to a square means we cut off the text or have them too close to the edges. I can stretch it vertically a bit but not ideal. So more work to be done. Truth be known I liked the blown out blurred and surreal artwork Shane originally had, but unless you are like Taylor Swift, you have to meet some requirements and “artistic” doesn’t cut it as we tried it!

Still in the music:

I’m looking at some guitar pedals for more effects on my electric guitar. You start off with a base and then add effects pedals that are all a couple of hundred bucks each! This all adds up but I made the right choice in buying the starter guitar with a fist class mahogany and birch construction - so when I mod it up it will actually be a first class “Frankenstein” guitar - but I will keep it!

Getting my 2,200 dollar guitar meant a 600 a 700 dollar amp. Then the pedals that could go as high as another 2 grand all told! Then all the accessories. In the end you are in 5 grand and you still have to learn how to play a guitar…..

In other news.

With last year’s taxes in and the reply to the tribunal done and to even advocacy in standby mode - I can concentrate on more mundane
things. The water heater may get replaced faster than I thought and I found a real 63 gallon electric heater at last! The microwave was replaced and I should replace the vacuum I got in like 1991! The brakes on the car probably need replacing - probably on both cars. You see how this goes. I also heard something moving in the attic - probably a rat as the squirrels seem to be shut out.

I ordered the 4K version of “Everything Everywhere all at Once” These versions also come with a blu-ray disc but the 4K players will play anything and output it to any resolution. Also Dolby and Dolby Atmos. With these players and a big screen and high end sound system you really have an all in one entertainment system for parties. The physical media disc still lives on with maybe 8K in the works for 2024! Never say die…..

I’m back to normal now with the luck and sort of back to a regular lifestyle. I won’t lie to you; as much of a nightmare that UN trip was and the aftermath - I’d rather be in that universe than this universe.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/sv9UZHKg9o0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 389, 390, 391 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 390 of 416

Jump to: