Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 416, 417, 418  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how I thought I had posted something yesterday and never did it. Real Life is ready to go out there, the 17 minute movie is my first and makes the acting debut of our very own Sabrina! Also check out my story on the anti-war rally here in Toronto.

http://fortressoffreedom.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1734

A very busy week and week to come. This is very hard on me but I would not have it any other way. We are really living life at this moment.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still pleased with how the Real Life Mini-movie is coming along. I am also looking for the best way to launch the thing. I also wanted to accomplish much today but that fell through, and there is no point in pushing things at this time of the night. We will just have to try tomorow.....

Things are happening here.....
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another story up on our board:

http://fortressoffreedom.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1736&sid=6218935a2fda8f2914682aa8bb555da3

Much is going on here and this may be the most dynamic moments of our organization. Current activities will determine what happens to this organization in the next few months. I love this place, this fortress of creative people, which is what we have here. This last refuge of free expression of which I have any control. I am a cold war child and value these freedoms that seem to be forgotten these days. Many pay lip service to them now, but I believe in them. So I am a dinosaur a relic of sorts. Yet I really want this place to continue, I think we have much to contribute to the world through venues like ours.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking large and yet we are this small little company. We will just have to wait and see how everything shakes out.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless one of the other members has an earlier receipt; then I think this one goes down as our first retail sale!
davidsaine

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Maurice Ali"][img]http://fortressoffreedom.com/SamTheRecordMan_11.jpg[/img]

Unless one of the other members has an earlier receipt; then I think this one goes down as our first retail sale![/quote]

I tried to go buy a CD at Sonic Temple today but they'd never heard of Twenty6hundred!!!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidsaine wrote:
Maurice Ali wrote:

Unless one of the other members has an earlier receipt; then I think this one goes down as our first retail sale!

I tried to go buy a CD at Sonic Temple today but they'd never heard of Twenty6hundred!!!

They are there (behind the cash register), just a mixup but they should be out within two days. I popped down there today and things are straightened out. Anyway that photo should be the first proper retail sale. We have sold many here and we even have two GST accounts - but that one was from outside the organization.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to remind myself that this is a very real business, with a pile of paperwork facing me regularily. that is what I am facing now. Far cry from the early days.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We applied for financing with the National Film Board Of Canada again.....cross your fingers...
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent all night getting the next issue of the newsaper ready for printing.....and I need to sleep.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just gearing myself up for another go at the paper. Today I will probably be driving around and relaxing for a few hours before everything shuts down for Easter Sunday. After three years the youthfulness and newness of everything is gone and money and such are paramount. I intend the corporations to continue, no question about that so the physical existence and the funding to keep an apparatus that is growing has to be addressed now. This can be interesting in it's own right - nah.....just boring but a necessary part of what is going on here.

This type of thing is totally boring to the musicians and other creative people but is the guts of what gets them out there. Anyway, I am too old to start something like this up again so we are having a go at it.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The long weekend is over and I have a paper to take to the printers.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some marathon sessions the paper is off to the printers!

I have also secured davegetchell.com and we will see if eventually we go to the .com from the .ca - we have both right now.

I am also going to "zone out for R&R" every now and then to keep stress down. I still handle it great but nobody is a superman and I had better get into a habit. A walk usually is good enough and just watching TV can do it. We are in this for the long haul so that is my plan at this time.....

I find it funny after all these decades, that that paper now show it's face, and to some of my original professors......
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over a week, so I maust be slipping. Just alot of stress and work. I guess I am on to[p of things now, what a week. Much more news later. Hi to all my friends out there, yes I am still kicking.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a picture of Donald Brasseur I took earlier on in the week:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 416, 417, 418  Next
Page 38 of 418

Jump to: