Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 416, 417, 418  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitting a new suit I bought and starting to do things here on a daily basis. I have been sleeping a lot which is not too bad now, but I have to concentrate nwo and get things done. I am still relatively stress free and again.....I find it really strange at the easy way I seem to be fitting in with the business crowd after so many years.....
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not my most pressing issues are ink cartiges and paper and depositing cheques into the to corps - yea cheques.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys it looks like we have another newspaper almost ready.....

Back in the saddle again. Man, this is the long haul. I sure ain't doing this for the money..... Laughing But the Fortress philosophy of ready access of individuals to the mass media is a worthy one and its time has come. This is my gift or legacy to my fellow man. Of all those dreamers and visionaries and philosophers of my university days; it would seem that I have been given the "chance" to get my thoughts out there into the stream of popular thinking. This is the hardest thing I have ever tried to do. I pay the price in many ways, but this is where I want to be now, with an open future, and the ambitions of my youth suddenly within reach. This organization cannot fail, but if it does, I want this trip to record that some people actually cared and tried to improve their world.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work and more work. Here is the front of our next issue of the newspaper: The Fortress

Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have slightly tweeked the cover because of a concern of a friend I know. Here it is:

I have also completed the first completed draft of an application form due in about a week and a half - what a relief.....

One more presentation to go!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newspaper is almost complete.....

Check out our Man On The Street segment in our Exclusive Reports.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breaking News: AAVR KNAPP and TWENTY6HUNDRED CDs have been released! More news later oin today!
meggen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: congratulations aavry knapp and twenty6hundred Reply with quote

Maurice Ali wrote:
Breaking News: AAVR KNAPP and TWENTY6HUNDRED CDs have been leased! More news later on today!
great to hear your cds have finally been released best of luck from Meg in London/UK
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Meggen.

This is absolute insanity. We are going non-stop, full tilt to get things done. My problems wth burning DVCAM tapes to send for DVD authoring have been solved by doing the DVD authoring myself. This saves time and I finally got that Canopus ProCoder to work again for another thirty days.....

There is light at the end of the tunnel. The paper is coming out and our applications and proposals seem to be a go now. What I would not give to know what the future brings.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much to much going on. I think I finally am starting to get a handle on things and the worry about being swamped with things has calmed down as we simply pick off jobs one at a time.

I handled this "crisis" pretty well - the learning experience continues.....
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is just too much happening right now - But that is a good thing.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming up on one in the morning and I am fresh for more work. The end of my vacation which is three times more stressful and involved than when I am not at work. Strange to see how this organization has grown in these last few years.

Oh and we have a new associate editor at the Fortress Newspaper and here name is Ainsley.....

Ainsley
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the replacement for one of our Sure SM58 mics. The new Beta model of the old SM58 has to prove something to me as the old model did everything asked.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still recovering from eye strain and the physical run down condition of last week. Physically my biology is back to normal but took three days, hopefully my eyes snap back in the next few days if I take it easy. Yes, I am not the kid I once was. Things get tougher for us and I have to keep pushing, but a break is needed every now and then. Yes the philosophy and "grand experiment" is still happening. More and more it looks like I will have to push everything forward by force of my own will. Tougher without help but I will persist - this is worth it. I will keep at delivering the papers before I promote the organization again. This is such a big company now in so many ways, yet I have to keep fixed costs down and such to keep it viable. Bottom line is that this is very much a one man show in management and it is getting tough. Nothing ever comes easy.

In my day I thought I was as talented as anyone, so I have to pull this "rabbit out of the hat." This must be as this experiment is one of demonstration as much as philosophy. My thoughts go back to you who were there from the start, look at how far we have progressed; just one final push and we evolve again. This is tough and I pay a physical price every time. But the organization will move ahead.

Maurice
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To help with the eye strain stuff - have bought my first flat sreen:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 416, 417, 418  Next
Page 34 of 418

Jump to: