Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 416, 417, 418  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be in touch with the CRTC today and will get ready to proceed. This weekend will finalize the type of application (if we proceed) and the limits on information contained therein. This application will be non-traditional but the application brief and book of supporting documents and such will still have to conform to CRTC standards. A long weekend in front of us.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the front cover for the AAVRY KNAPP CD. We will also add "Greatest Hits" in red and that should be it. The tray card and inside booklet will also have to be done and that should be it for our second album!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is late but I will give you guys a quick update. CanWest Global Communications Corporation has OK'ed the content again for broadcast. That means that we can still air the show with the present broadcaster, so I am shelving the broadcast application and concentrating on the show again. Just as before, the work is mainly audio levels.

There is much that I wanted to tell you about my feelings about what we are doing here..... FOF is a philosophy designed to protect our ability for free speech and ultimately, self-determination. I made a very simple formula to keep these atributes alive in a global society that is being smothered by the mass media. The philsophy is solid, all I needed was to demonstrate that ordinary people could enter the mass media and express themselves to the world.

The Fortress TV Show is one such example. I made the demonstration as hard as I could to show people that it could be done. Then we moved to the second phase to show folk that one really could broadcast their message to the world, either using the present broadcasting tools, or starting/making their own.

I am rambling, I do this for the love of man which is genuine.....I am just that weird person that does these things.....Go figure.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright.....

I spent the morning taking it easy and shopping for some stuff. However, now I have to get to work and prepare the material our production house will need to rework the audio. I will also take a close look at Global's comments and address my wishes to that production house. When we get the job going on Monday, I will then turn my attention to our musical artists and the newspaper.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tape is ready to be sent to the production house tomorrow. Here we go.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what? I am very tired. I finished the paperwork that will have to go with the show to the production house. Just have to finish some small items - but I have to take a nap - I am wasted.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much more energy today. I will get the show to the production house today and here are pdfs of Dave Getchell's album:

The Front Cover:

http://fortressoffreedom.com/GetchellCDPanelFront.pdf

And the back:

http://fortressoffreedom.com/GetchellCDTray.pdf
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had some detailed looks at the problem areas of the show with the production house and they are correctable. There does not seem to be any distortion in the audio so simple level changes are all that is necessary. The video is also correctable. One issue of "crackling" audio turned out to be rain and not the fault of the equipment. So we will make the corrections and take it from there.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sick today so what else can happen.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeling a bit better now.....

So tomorrow is back to work and the same old routine. I pick up some copies of the show tomorrow; these address the issues noted in the first evaluation. The audio is now level and peaks where it should. We have also colour corrected certain segments and "saved" some over exposed areas too. Back it will go for another evaluation, so cross your fingers!

The newspaper is taking form with our top story being the in-depth report on our TV show and the experiment on access to the mass media, who the unsung heros are and who are not. This will be one big story and may finally get our rag notice and respected.

I am very tired and it is off to bed now. I thank all of you who have followed us on this unique journey into broadcast television. It can get lonely sometimes as I struggle with all that this organization, but just knowing you guys are out there following along is comforting, strange to say that - but true. Thank you!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave's album has been released - Story later!!!!!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story of Getchell and the release party for his album can be found here:

http://fortressoffreedom.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2938#2938

A great moment for all of us here at FOF! I am very tired from all the activity and slept whenever I got the chance. Only now was I able to sit down and actually put the experience down for you guys to read - sorry for the delay.....

I will probably just relax for most of today and look at our show and get that ready for Global on Monday morning. So much to do in the next few weeks.....I don't even want to think about it. Yet that will be a major mark for us as our first advertising blitz takes form.....
meggen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: congratulations Reply with quote

I knew u would do it, yeah, feels good after all your stressful hard work,but then u thrive on stress .. best of luck in your future endeavours,have fun Very Happy and take it easy
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: congratulations Reply with quote

meggen wrote:
I knew u would do it, yeah, feels good after all your stressful hard work,but then u thrive on stress .. best of luck in your future endeavours,have fun Very Happy and take it easy

I can get stressed out, but only when it comes to a direct challenge on my ability, otherwise I am mister cool. Comes from my father's side along with very low blood pressure. I can't sleep properly though I get my quota. I wake up early and don't go back to bed. This organization is fun and I would always regret it if I did not carry on. On rare ocassions I think what a nice life it would be to just bank your money and only worry about the day job. I could also have time for girls and play the love game, and just concentrate into getting into some woman's pants.....like a kid.....that would be carefree..... The point is that this thing still does have a chance to do some good so I persevere. I really get lonely in a strange way as sometimes it is just me and my philosophy, but the philosophy is solid. I don't know, it is just time and money, the money part worries most people but it is the time part that is most precious. We are all running out of time and this becomes more apparent as we get older. Inaction is time lost and now is my time if I am to have any impact on my world. It is just a nervous moment for me right now. Anyway, back to Global on Monday.....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: congratulations Reply with quote

Maurice Ali wrote:
meggen wrote:

I can get stressed out, but only when it comes to a direct challenge on my ability, otherwise I am mister cool. Comes from my father's side along with very low blood pressure. I can't sleep properly though I get my quota. I wake up early and don't go back to bed. This organization is fun and I would always regret it if I did not carry on. On rare ocassions I think what a nice life it would be to just bank your money and only worry about the day job. I could also have time for girls and play the love game, and just concentrate into getting into some woman's pants.....like a kid.....that would be carefree..... The point is that this thing still does have a chance to do some good so I persevere. I really get lonely in a strange way as sometimes it is just me and my philosophy, but the philosophy is solid. I don't know, it is just time and money, the money part worries most people but it is the time part that is most precious. We are all running out of time and this becomes more apparent as we get older. Inaction is time lost and now is my time if I am to have any impact on my world. It is just a nervous moment for me right now. Anyway, back to Global on Monday.....
good for u MR COOL, looking forward to your next project.. All the best
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 416, 417, 418  Next
Page 12 of 418

Jump to: