Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
Dave Getchell Album Completed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> FOF Records
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Dave Getchell Album Completed! Reply with quote

Dave Getchell Album Completed!

By Maurice Ali, President and CEO: FOF Inc./IAIJ Inc.

The First CD musical album ever created at Fortress Of Freedom, is proudly displayed
by the Founder of the organization: Maurice Ali

The Fortress Of Freedom corporation is pleased to announce the completion of the CD of Dave Getchell's album: A Slant On Life And Living By Dave Getchell, Canadian Visionary In the photograph you see above you is the first CD to have all the tracks formatted from the video files shot at the initial recording session. I have been listening to this CD all day and must say that the album and all that this represents to our organization, was an emotional experience when that first CD was burned in our office here in Toronto. I am please that it was Dave that became our first musical artist to create our first album as Dave most closely represents who we are at this organization. His album represents, creativity, ingenuity of production and cost efficiencies that prove that anyone.....anywhere.....can produce an album and get it out into the mass media. Fortress Of Freedom with all of the membership, salute Dave Getchell for his achievement in the creation of the musical album. Great work Dave Getchell.

It does not end there. This is just the completion of content to date. We still must design the jacket (this will be a feat in itself as we no longer have any graphic artists anymore) and get the bar code and submit the information to the government agencies involved. Then there is the physical production of the album and the distribution and promotion our little corporation must learn and execute to give Dave's album the exposure needed to realize his desire to have his work, and his vision broadcast to the world at large.

More updates as they occur.

Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handing out CDs of one song of Dave's album for evaluation among various age groups as I see a possiblity for maketing/radio play here. We may reopen the selection of songs or expand the selection for a more rounded out look at Dave Getchell (that is if he is interested in this.....); time will tell.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will complete most of the DVD for evaluation this weekend and then look to the final cut after this.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, time to finish up Dave's Album/DVD. The CD is mostly ready to go except for some shifting of songs as per Dave's request. I will keep the line up for the DVD and go from there.

I have reimported the files needed to work on the project, after fixing a glitch in the AVID software. Boy I like the editor and all - but this thing really likes a dedicated machine. The problem was the audio interface being incompatible with the format in Dave's material and alright with the simple mono in the AAVRY KNAPP material.....but.....it is fixed now.

More news as we proceed.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave's website should be up and running in a few days:

http://davegetchell.ca
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Getchell's Album Cover Photo Shoot!

By Maurice Ali, Photographer

Here are some photos we took of Dave after his recording session today. One of these will become his album cover!

Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Editing on Dave music tracks are complete and I will collate and check levels and continuity issues then pass it back to him for final evaluation. One thing I have discovered looking at the CD templates is that we need three images. Dave's selection is the front cover and after reflection I am siding with his choice.

The back can not stand on it's own so the full face photo of Dave is a natural here; if someone picks up his album, they should also get to see Dave's face and let his smile work it's magic. We can add text around the image as is usually done.

Inside the cover should be Dave hugging the guitar as that is a fun pic and kind of jumps at you when you open it, yet has continuity with the other photos.

That should do it and look professional. At least that is the idea. The CD itself will be the usual text only variety. I will upload the templates and continue to update them as we continue.[/quote]
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to work on Dave's album. What we have to do is to punch up his voice as we pulled away the microphone because we wanted to retake some of the most difficult songs in this CD. The recordings went fine but his voice would be flatter than the originals which had the microphone up near his mouth. So I had to learn the audio functions of AVID editors. I increase the sound of his voice and changed the pan and am now inputting the tracks back into the camera and out putting into the converter which will give me the proper files for the CD. This should work in the end and then back to Dave to make sure I have the right recordings and such. Man - more work than I thought.....but this is "Show Biz".
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the tracks are done! Now all I have to do is work on the cover and then the two of us make the final decisions on lineup! I have to push this album as it and the show need to be ready at the start of my vacation in two weeks for manufacture of CD and placement of the show with a TV station.

Seeing Dave perform all his songs and suffer through some of them was interesting and a good experience for a non-musical person to get to know. The others are or will, be working in real studios so this one is special. We recorded our first album in FOF tradition the way anyone could with little money and technical knowledge.....that is special!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have finalized on some plates for the cover:

The Front Cover:

Back Cover:

Inside Cover:

The front cover is like the original selection but is all in focus (pic seven has the hands blurred and the profile has been improved upon). This has importance if the cover is blown-up for the newspaper or poster.....now those issues are resolved. The "hug" photo has also been replaced by an almost duplicate which.....again.....is in much sharper condition..... The cover plate was cropped square and left space for text on the right side. The back cover is the "cute" picture with space on either side for tracks. The inside cover has Dave's video capture of him smoking a cigarette while singing "nicotine"; this was requested by Dave and there is lots of room for text about the artist.

If you read the preceding comments on the previous page you will know that the music is as finished as I can get without taking it for post-production at a studio. I will also attack the CD label itself later today; but for now I will get some breakfast and listen to the album on a real sound system.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Front Cover so far:

Yeh it is a bit boring but trying to have a vertical name was just too hard with the varying letter sizes and all that stuff..... I am not a graphic artist so I have to use my photographic skills and rudimentary text skill (starting to look at other fonts.....). Others like Shane have their artist buddies making the cover for them. Me and Getchell are on our own. Anyway, I have to confirm the line up and the titles before I go for the back cover and the disc (but I can add the title anyway......).

I can now listen to Dave's album without thinking about altering something.....amazing! The thing is actually coming together.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just waiting for Silverbirch Productions to complete the manufacturing of the album, it could happen any day now.....

Here is a pdf file of Dave Getchell's back cover:

http://fortressoffreedom.com/GetchellCDTray.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> FOF Records All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: