Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
My Last Moment Of Free Speech!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: My Last Moment Of Free Speech! Reply with quote

My Last Moment Of Free Speech!

By Maurice Ali, Philosopher

I ring in the 2005 new year with the knowledge that I am no longer an unemployed philosopher! In fact, our organization of ideals has exceeded expectations and is rapidly passing almost all other advocacy groups devoted to our cause of free speech and free thought. Such ideals sound almost corny in many parts of the world; but we know better and plan for the day when we will be in a position to make a difference. I therefore will take a moment to have one final heart-to-heart talk with you who come across this, as my right to free speech takes a back seat to the organization I have founded.

At this moment I find myself in a very lonely position here. Sure we have many people involved in this organization, particularly in the media field, but I am once again left to drive home our core values and message of what this organization stands for. This organization means many things for many people, most will find it an opportunity to do things they always wanted to do; for me it is the vehicle crafted to deposit myself or my successor onto the world stage if and when that moment comes that man decides that true free speech and thought are no longer relevant.

Take the time to see how many organizations are really devoted to what we are doing here and you will see that for a population of billions of people.....almost no organizations exist for the specific purpose that we exist for. I came across many in my travels. Some started and quickly failed, one was just an obscure web site with a cartoon of a castle and flag as the defender of free speech and thought (very typical of my fellow philosophers.....). They all failed because they lacked the imagination and devotion needed to succeed. They all failed because the people at the helm (though of good intention) did not see themselves worthy of participating at the global stage discussing ideals and the future course of mankind. Well I don't have that problem!

Perhaps I am the biggest egoist ever; but I relish the thought of presenting our ideals and fighting - by force of argument - our cause of free speech and freedom of thought. So I crafted this vehicle called Fortress Of Freedom to propel myself (or my successor) onto the world stage to fight for our cause in a world that now has the technical ability to shape and mold human consciousness and use it for whatever nefarious purposes human frailty can devise.

We fight the cause of freedom by running it as a business. We fight the cause of freedom in this future battle ground called the mass media. We fight this cause of freedom because it is in the nature of man to be free and the viability of mankind is enhanced by free speech and thought and the diverse nature of thought to handle the problems mankind will face in the future. We fight this cause of freedom because we know we are right. Our cause is justified on the strength of these arguments.

This vehicle called Fortress Of Freedom was launched almost one year ago and has reached "escape velocity" and now travels to areas unknown. From my vantage point here at the helm; the world is indeed a small place, but I am nevertheless humbled by the insignificance of my being in this grand scheme of things. From here things are simpler and clearer to the mind and as we descend to our future destination, the world will become larger and more complicated and will try to corrupt our core values as we deal with more and more people. That can not happen here and I will do my utmost to craft a constitution to that end.....

On a personal level, I remember those philosophers that helped me be who I am, and Janice (my philosophy teacher from Ryerson) if you come across this post, look what has become of the seed you helped sow! Our TV Show is almost complete and ready to present our views to the world at large. My speech you will see was not the original tape we shot on filming day, it was redone to have me look into the camera as opposed to reading a speech. That first speech is a moving moment for me. We shot it early with just my parents and sisters present. The first moment I declared the core values of our organization, one of those moments in one's life. I was shot with just myself and family present, the final speech should have the eyes of the entire world on me, that would make me very happy.....

So we start a new year and another chapter at Fortress Of Freedom. We still have dreams at this place, and the future is an open one which fills the heart with possibilities of a better future. Thanks for listening.....
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: