Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
Imperialist Americans all work for MacDonalds

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Imperialist Americans all work for MacDonalds Reply with quote

Imperialist Americans all work for MacDonalds

By Reg. Member: Pet, Journalist

During the last year of the Clinton Administration I posted a question in a European cooking forum asking if anyone had a recipe for a type of Romanian sausage, and subsequently started a four page flame war about America’s secret plan to assimilate the rest of the world by forcing MacDonald’s down your throats. I knew it was going to get ugly as soon as I saw that the next post began with, “I see you are from America….” So, I read the comments and quietly stepped out without responding. Explaining that I never eat at MacDonald’s wasn’t going to change anything; I was already hated for being born in the wrong place.

It’s no secret the rest of the world hates us. We are painfully aware of it. But it’s been going on so long that there’s no point in arguing about it. I mean, when was the last time you were able to argue someone into liking you?

As a woman, the first time I was called a bitch, it hurt. It made me angry, and I responded in kind. The second time, it just made me angry. After a hundred times, I just rolled my eyes and walked away. Now I wear a Beware of Bitch T-shirt. Being hated has become a badge of honor to me. Really, if someone is going to call you names, what else can you do? But that’s nothing. I’ve seen people make statements about “Americans” who would never call women as a group “bitches”, who would never make a sweeping generalization about any cultural group. But it seems that as long as enough people are in on the hatred with you, prejudice is okay.

Since GWB entered office, it has clearly gotten worse. He was elected on a technicality with less than a majority popular vote in an election with the biggest percentage voter turn out in American history, meaning more people cared about the outcome of that election than any other, yet the way people speak to me online it’s my personal fault he’s in office. I don’t know what you expected me to do except vote for someone else.

After 9/11, the flags came out in force in cities across the country. Did you see anything overseas on your news showing the people in small towns who have been hanging flags out since WWII who found this commercialization of the flag offensive? Were you aware that in many urban residential areas it’s actually illegal to hang things out of your window, so at the same time these people were rebelling against their local governments? Of course not. That kind of news doesn’t sell, and the “news” is a business. Too controversial, and it loses viewers, too boring, and it loses viewers. Like any other TV show, the news is there to sell Big Macs. It has only slightly more credibility than a sit com to most Americans I know, yet people who speak to me from overseas believe this watered-down reality show accurately portrays a cross-section of American values.

US news makes its content choices based on the antiquated Nielsen ratings system, which is only offered to people who watch a certain amount of TV, who don’t mind their privacy being invaded, and who have lived in the same area for more than 3 years. It doesn’t accurately reflect the opinions of people who are too busy to watch TV, such as activists, traveling professionals, or millions of college students. Since students and activists aren’t going to raise the ratings, the news has no reason to cater to them.

Unfortunately, Nielsen is the best we have so far. Without it MacDonald’s wouldn’t know when they could most effectively spread the word about our plan to assimilate the world.

When non-US news takes its cue from what we are covering on our news, it makes it look as if all Americans care about is celebrity gossip and product recalls. In my small town and the nearest city, you can't turn around without seeing someone with an opinion. The rest of the world doesn't get this opportunity.

You don’t see everyday people wearing “Nobody died when Clinton Lied” T-shirts. You don’t see high school students passing out voter registration forms at free car washes they arrange themselves, or the hand-painted signs pointing to the Republicans Against Bush church picnics. You don't see libraries altering staff dress code so that they can wear anti-Patriot Act Tees or staging "Subversive checkouts" or destroying their records. You don’t see the young men who park at the entrance to interstates on their way back from work in 92 degree heat to hold up signs saying, “Support our Troops, fire Rumsfeld”, or the kind old ladies who bring them lemonade and iced tea.

This is what I see. So, it’s not fancy. It’s not organized. But it’s happening every day, not just when a protest is arranged in a convenient public spot for the benefit of a camera, not an event where people want to be seen, or to be able to say, “I was there”, no rock stars or guest speakers, not for the benefit of the overseas media. Just people. And frankly, we live here and see it every day, so it doesn’t need to be on the news. We already know about it. If the rest of the world is prejudiced against Americans because they don’t like our style of protest, or we don't get enough media coverage, so be it. We’ve been protesting injustice with individual action rather than words for over 200 years. We’re raised on it, we’re experienced with it, and it works for us. This kind of grassroots rebellion is what it means to be an American, millions of individuals choosing to protest injustice in their own way merely because this is what they believe in. The fact that it isn’t being validated by a camera only proves to me these average citizens are doing what they think is right because it is right to do it, not because someone might be watching. This is what makes us proud to be Americans.

The price of grassroots rebellion has always been hatred from those who don’t understand it. But we are used to that. When people want to argue with me about why I should be ashamed of my heritage, I just roll my eyes and leave, then I wonder how much more money they spend at their local MacDonalds than I.

Comments And Discussion

US Citizens: Register to vote online.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: