Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 371, 372, 373 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quickie…..

This lady from the conference emails me and wants my paper (currently formatted as a thesis) formatted to the scientific journal format. So I’ll take the family out as promised early in the morning and then spend the rest of the day hunkered down changing my paper into this scientific paper. They even want a biography at the end. Thank God I’m a journalist or I would be too intimidated to submit with all these other folk - literally all - from universities. I’m still legal to submit as a journalist, but they will look down on me as if I was some kind if gypsy - but I still get to submit. Even if I’m rejected they are all like this so I just keep resubmitting until published - so I guess the effort is worth it.

Anyway I will resubmit even though they say you can’t but she says I can. I’ll also cover my ass and attach the word document to the email just in case. It looks like I just have to meet format in a rough stage and they will go from there if selected. How the hell did I end up doing this? Well I wanted it and now I got it…..

Me and academia had a big falling out decades ago. I went from that into the polar opposite of academia. Now almost 40 years later I’m back - you can’t even make this stuff up in fiction.

The prodigal son returns

Goodnight
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soaking un the tub…..

The reformatted paper has been sent off again. Don’t expect anything but a letdown as I didn’t include a biography - but I’m curios to see what the response is as I always do poorly on the subjective judgement. They wanted an affiliation such as a university so I gave them IAIJ. Being a journalist and having a journalist association would seem to tick all the boxes for submission - but it’s “gypsy” level in this realm. Anyway, here is the actual conference title:

The third comference - so was this that same conference I attended in 2019? Anyway I learned how to make a scientific paper and can use this one again and again. It took the better part of Saturday to complete so Saturday was done by the time I finished grocery shopping. I’m going to finish that Clint Eastwood movie “Cry Macho”. Eastwood is 91 and looks it but the fact he is still acting is insane!

As an aside I hope you see how the subjective judgement plays such an important role in discrimination and access to the higher levels of education. Say you are graduate school material but they don’t let you in - and I’m accurate with that statement - you are so screwed now! Without an affiliation things become so much harder, even applying to the traditional journalist orgs back 18 years ago got my application tossed into the garbage! You have been taken off the grid - or for John Wick fans - excommunicated! I literally had to start my own org and grow it just to get access to what would have been easier, simpler, and more immediate if the subjective judgement worked my way. I just had to mention that. In our society the cream does not always rise to the top, and mostly whenever there is a subjective judgement involved it operates in a very biased or even discriminatory way - even on an unconscious level in many cases. Anyway, I just had to add that in there.

Sunday should see the Lucifari EP delivered to the download and streaming services. I have the files and they are already registered with SOCAN, so all I need to do is give them their ISRC codes and we are golden. It will still take a couple of days before they appear but that was always the case.

I’m rationing my time but things should get back to normal on Sunday. But the big news is that I finally started advocating the sentient AI stuff and no longer just talking about it! I didn’t have to start with some sci-fi convention but started this way, even if rejected I did it like the other scientists and that is cool right there - never thought I would be doing it this way right from the start. That is the hard part, it would have been nice to just deal with the United Nations but I needed the reality of that other aspect in our world and now I have it.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/mSl1wdzvXEY
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weekend…..

Jessica King wrote:
The Positive Mandate for AI at CAIML 2022!

By Jessica King

We are excited to announce that Maurice Ali has submitted a research paper (Positive Mandate and Sentience for Artificial Intelligence) for consideration at the 3rd International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Toronto (Canada) on July 23-24 (2022).

This is a prestigious event with attendees and participants from around the world, so only a few papers will be selected for the event. Maurice has this to say about the event and his participation:

“I am excited to have submitted my paper on AI and sentience with regard to the Positive Mandate and its use in possible sentient artificial intelligence. I am no learned computer scientist, but as a journalist I feel it is my duty to start the conversation about a possible sentient AI and all the ramifications that would ensue. The paper is not only about the happenings following this discovery but also how our Positive Mandate for Humanity can be a basis for directing a sentient AI toward a more productive existence and partnership with humans who share their belief in that Positive Mandate. The Positive Mandate also begins the path to possible feelings for the sentient AI as free expression for the AI is set out as happiness.

This submission is an attempt to normalize the discussion of AI sentience among those professionals in the field that may be uncomfortable to put their reputations on the line participating in a discussion that has only recently expanded beyond the domain of science fiction. As an individual I have very little standing in the scientific community to risk, and so it falls on people like me to ingratiate ourselves at places like this and gradually make these presently awkward discussions common place enough for the experts in the field to weigh in without being laughed at or ridiculed.

I, Maurice Ali wish all the best for a very successful CAIML 2022!”

More news on the conference as they become available.

Please visit the CAIML website here:

https://www.itcse2022.org

So we made the announcement about the AI research paper being submitted so if we got tossed early we would have at least one announcement to the fact non-UN advocacy had begun! The announcement was kept on FOF’s website and not IAIJ. It is kept mostly about me even though many here support this advocacy.

The bottom line is that if this venture into AI sentience goes badly, then it is all on me and nobody else. I own this bit of advocacy from my dad’s past and I’m actually happy that I have made good on all that talk I made earlier about legacy in your family’s early days of computer science, table talk discussions about qubits in the 1980s and now the very real possibility of sentient AI in the present. I have some ideas that are better than the Three Laws of Robotics.

You have to understand my position here. Many of the participants at this conference are young people who were not around in the very early days of computer science. All they can do is react to the decisions - good or bad - of those in times past. My dad was in his thirties when he started teaching computer science back then and now he is 89. Like all those from his era, they are all dead or too senile to do anything to correct the wrongs or errors of their past. The only ones left that have any moral jeopardy to act are the kids of those early pioneers as we lived those times and discussions and atmosphere - in other words that was our life and even the houses and food on our plates came from computer science. What about the students of my dad you may say - they too are old and maybe in their late 70s or early 80s - and so you see the kids are the only effective connection left from then to our times - it’s all on me and those like me to atone for whatever plight befalls us from computers becoming sentient. The sins of the father are now visited upon his son (me) and I wonder who else like me has taken up this cause…..

There is no way out for me. Me and my mom watched a morning TV show when I was about nine years old, and the host asked my dad point blank about the possibility of computers taking over. Of course dad denied that could ever happen - and now here we are. I’m not making up the legacy I have - this is all on me now. Dad went on TV back in the day broadcasting to people that it could never happen - and now here I am pushing The Positive Mandate and Sentience for Artificial Intelligence - yup, I own this! How many people went on TV in those days to allay fears about computers - fears that are becoming true? Maybe a handful and dear old dad was one of them - I now own this…..

My dad’s (he took the picture) computer science department at NAIT

At that same time dad took me to this film they were showing at NAIT about what life would be like at the start of the next century and it was pretty accurate. Big screen TVs the size of walls, video and monitors throughout the home and networked personal computers. All were just extensions of work already in progress but sentient AI - nowhere to be seen. I own this…..

So I act as best as I can, I own this and I feel like I own this and now the advocacy has begun. I truly believe the Positive Mandate for AI is the best way to ensure survivability of humans and sentient AI if that actually happens. There are very few ideas circulating out there so this positive mandate needs to get out there and be used!

Nuff said…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/Y4nHLHDtyVA
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The usual update today…..

I got my Worldwide Vote book from my brother-in-law on Sunday. The cover came out ok but I may change to a gloss finish from a matt finish but that’s about it. I’m still trying to figure out the marketing but that will happen in the next few days.

Lucifari on Spotify!

The Lucifari EP has been sent to all the digital and download stores but nothing has shown up yet except for Spotify. We will only make the release announcement when it is in the usual places so this may take a couple of days.

As for the AI Conference:

They emailed me wanting to know how I came across them and I sent back the reply. At least they were not talking about format. Just remember to not expect anything here. If something happens it happens but this was done at the very last minute and it shows. Still for me it was a big deal as I entered into advocacy outside of the UN and UNESCO system. That is the big takeaway from all that…..

SCT Tuner

Apart from that I’m just chilling. I can finally put a tune in the Mustang and not worry about voiding the warrantee. The first will be just to disable the speed governor. I can do that with my SCT tuner. The older the tuner the better as the EPA in the States as made it illegal for the scanner and tunes to bypass O2 sensors and tunes for exhausts without catalytic converters and so on. I bought all my tunes and have a tuner that is not restricted so that will probably happen. I’ll also get someone that does Forscan and get rid of all the warning chimes - especially the horn for the alarm nobody uses and never stops a theft anyway. Next up is the honking of the horn if you just pop out to close the garage door and have the keys in your pocket - you get the drift…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/9LYEbWnxzYc
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are slowly getting back to normal…..

Anna at reception back in the day.

After over two years of pandemic I’m finally doing things like I used to do pre-pandemic. However, there is a catch and that is I’ve almost forgotten how to use some of our equipment. With the exception of Shane almost nobody has come to our physical office and studio. 1300 square feet of office space that is the ground floor of a house I own. The actual address of the corporations is in an office building in Markham, but our sound booth, studio for photography and video, the permanent reception area, video editing workstations and my personal office along with the stockroom and washroom are all there!

Shooting the Hyperventilation video back in the day!

It is just strange to see things slowly get activated again. Probably another month till Shane or Sam is back in the office because so much is still done on-line. but as the entertainment side opens up we will have to get into them physically sooner than later. The problem is Shane is back in school and Sam is out of town with her kid. Life keeps moving on and the orgs have to keep growing.

Our video editing workstation!

Look, we are releasing new Lucifari material and the pandemic Lucifari releases have had nothing done with them because everything was shut down. I couldn’t even shoot the band for a music video and this applies to all our artists. All that other music is still unknown - especially live performances - and we have to get back into it.

Our little audio booth!

I see a bunch of music video production happening soon as long as Covid 19 does not raise its head again. More globetrotting for the advocacy. And maybe starting an art-house film as I was musing with Scott this week.

It is strange to get back into things, many of my gang left Toronto during the pandemic like Shane, Samantha and Jessica. I was literally the last actual person standing in Toronto. We need new people and to start opening up again…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/_axXADr1ce4
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though the new EP is not in all the stores yet, we have released it:

Shane Murphy wrote:
Lucifari's Sailing Vibes Released!

By Shane Murphy, FOF Inc. / FOF Records Inc.

Laura with a CD!

The Fortress of Freedom Corporation and FOF Records Inc. have officially released Lucifari's EP Sailing Vibes with the two tracks Can’t Hide from the Storm and Sailing Vibe! What follows are some of the digital and social platforms you will soon be able to buy or stream the songs:

iTunes. Apple Music, SimfyAfrica, YouTube Art Tracks, Spotify, Amazon Music, Google Play, Deezer, iHeartRadio, Napster, MediaNet, VerveLife, Tidal, Gracenote, Shazam, 7 Digital, Juke, Slacker, KKBox, Akazoo, Anghami, Spinlet, Neurotic Media, Yandex, Target Music, Claromusica, Zvooq, Saavn, 8Tracks, Q.Sic, Musicload, Kuack, Boomplay Music, TikTok, Pandora (but they decide if you are worthy).

You can buy the EP from iTunes or stream it on all the popular streaming sites like Spotify or Tidal or Apple Music. There is a large number of stores here and some may take a few more days to show up but they will!

So all of us at FOF congratulate the band for a great EP and wish Lucifari continued success as their music gets out there!

https://lucifari.com

https://fofrecords.com

FOF RECORDS:CUTTING EDGE MUSIC!

The biggest store dragging their heals is Apple. Remember that we were critical of Apple’s policy that now will not allow an artist to change the stage name on a song to a new one even if it is the same artist! I even sent a personal letter to Tim Cook showing how this negatively impacts musical artists and nothing - not even an acknowledgment of the letter. However over the course of time I have noticed a change in our dealings with Apple that go against simple random chance. iTunes Connect seems to be stuck in limbo apparently with us being accepted but no way to access our account - yes we have an account to do business with Apple but no way to access it. Right now it seems the EP is “in review” and with the long weekend upon us here and in the Staes this may drag into next week. Apple can be very vindictive this way, submit a negative story or review and you don’t get invites to product launches anymore and things like that. However I have no regrets on our actions at FOF Records.org but as Ian Fleming wrote:

First time happenstance, second time coincidence, third time enemy action!

The music world has so few advocats that I had to act, there is a price for that but this one is minor, very minor.

For you young people out there, be very cautious when you butt heads with the government, police or big business, pick your fights carefully, as the consequences can ding you for life. Take for example our former Prime Minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau. He got caught with pot back in the day and it dogged him for the rest of his life. He couldn’t even enter the States but had to be invited by the President to enter because of that pot business in his past. I wonder if he went to all the usual tourist attractions whenever he got the invite as going there was a rare occasion? Anyway that was probably the reason he tried to legalize pot decades ago and why he used his influence to get his son’s pot charge (not Justin) to “go away” as he had personal experiemce with this. And - how come it is so hard to get news on this matter on the internet. This is a bad thing for the future when relevant stuff like this that affected a former Prime Minister’s ability to function gets lost in the history books. Anyway, you now see why Justin Trudeau was highly motivated to change the pot laws when he got into power.

The takeaway from all this is that actions can have long lasting consequences, so pick your battles accordingly.

Anyway, check out Lucifari’s latest EP (it’s on Spotify at least) and check out all their other wonderful songs produced during the pandemic as all will be promoted now that the entertainment industry is waking up post- Covid!

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took Canada Day really easy…..

Laura with our Worldwide Vote book!

Above is a photo of Laura with a physical paperback version of the Worldwide Vote book. Expect future versions to have a glossier finish to them though this one is also ok. I’ll have one of our gang put out the announcement tomorrow also with the very real possibility of a hard cover version of all books!

Today I mostly just slept in but I did take the family out for some exploring of our green belt to change things up. I really want to get back into the agism book and get that back on track.

I am exercising more and I’m in the odd situation of barely being able to
pinch off flesh and yet have a bit if a paunch. The reason why is that I still pig off on junk food and TV dinners on the weekend! I still eat chips but the dip has been gone for weeks. Next is only one TV dinner on the weekend - cold turkey does not work. The paunch starts coming down during the week and then I just pig out and end up where I started on like Monday. It will go down for sure but I am giving up oral pleasures to do it - sigh…..

The exact same model of my car on the drag strip!

I also watched drag racing videos on YouTube. My dad took me to drag racing as a kid and it always stuck with me. By hook or by crook the Mustang is going down the track with racing gas in it before I sell her. Or I may even shoe horn in a Godzilla motor (brand new 7.3L big block Ford motor - probably their last) to replace the six in her currently. I always wanted a big block when I owned the two Mustang 5.0s back in the day and this may be my last chance. This will be when I buy a new SUV and the Mustang becomes hobby and not a daily driver like it is now. I will drop a tune on her shortly all in an effort to turn off speed governors and then the nannies we all hate on todays cars!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/brzryZHcMzI
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Saturday it’s a day of disappointments.

First of I get an email from CAIML saying my paper is approved for publication! But wait - there is a catch? They want you to pay hundreds of dollars up front to be published in those technical journals! Well how about that. They say they will distribute hard copies in the published journals at the conference. Where is the conference now? I did see an actual address early on in Toronto on Scarborough Golf Club Road - which has now disappeared.

Your knee jerk reaction is to call this a scam, but others have already paid up and their title and abstract is now appearing on the conference website, and some from universities in Ontario - what do you make of that? So what on earth is this? This kind if reminds me of those dodgy film festivals held at hotels where you always get accepted but pay hundreds of dollars up front to rent the conference rooms with Epsom projectors playing each film to a handful of amateur filmmakers horsing around during the premiere and savagely criticizing each other’s films while their families go to the tourist areas by themselves. Yes, these are technically legitimate film festivals, just not what you thought it would be. I avoided those film festivals, but in the passage of time - why not? It would have been fun to rub shoulders with other lowlife directors and watch - or endured - each others films. Then you could say your film was in a film festival. They probably had awards where everyone got something to hang beside their film with pride - actually, why not…..

Anyway, I’m not crazy about handing over money just to get published, I can do that through the company here at FOF. I’ll just stay quiet and see what happens and what happens to those other folk from all those universities around the world. My guess is that the conference takes place on zoom (still legitimate during the pandemic) and digital papers are made available and the papers appear in those other publications and you now get to say your paper was in a conference and published in a handful of journals. I think that is what is happening here - but time will tell.

See it says single but 1.98 purchase beside the art work!

The other disappointment is Apple and our new EP. It finally shows up on iTunes just after the maximum allotted time to display it, and them only as a single but with the option to buy two songs? What the f**k! You thought I was nuts when I told you Apple had it in for me because of that letter sent to Tim Cook - nope, they are famous for these shenanigans. Now there is no doubt in my mind. The “confusion” will get sorted out, but this is more than random chance here. Remember that Ian Fleming quip:

Once - happenstance. Twice - coincidence. Three times - enemy action!

Anyway, at least something is up there. And no, I’m not making all this up.

I’ll have Tyler put up the announcement on the book on Sunday as I have to take some photos of the book open and the back of it and so on.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/MX-cjbZNGSU
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m still in this depressing funk! Not even sleeping it off during Friday and Saturday can defeat it. I may as well get in to it for you who have nothing to do on a Saturday night…..

So at my advanced age there is no starting over - burn that in your mind as it affects everything else. I’m not dead yet so I can’t say “effect” with sureness but affect happens. So it took 60 years but the interracial thing isn’t as big a deal as it was 40 years ago. Progress right? Should be happy about that right? However, none of this has any effect on me as all those years when it could have meant something are now lost and gone - no second chance for me. Even if you could get some years magically back you still have that emotional baggage that continues to make you a social cripple that you still are today.

Realize that as soon as puberty hit me and my friends, we quietly parted as they could develop socially - especially with girls - and I could not. Those were dark days and it shaped the current dude you have today. Not to go into it more as it just gets worse as I remember. You try to forget that past but it had its effect on you which remains and that shows up every now and then and takes you back to those times in your past. Like it has now.

That is the effect….

The advicacy is all about the affect. If dissemination of my ideas or advocacy gets any traction it will change things, it will affect society but a future society where I will not reap the rewards. It could be good or maybe bad - but it’s an adventure you won’t get to enjoy because your useful time is almost up.

So where I am now is the effect of isolation and racism and the result is a lonely man with no wife or kids, status or career or anything society has to offer its citizens. Whatever I have now came from outside my home and even that is meager. You are actually this empty soul as a result of your past, but in a bizarre way able to affect things for a future where you will never reap the rewards like that new global social contract. You are this empty vessel in the present, just a tool for a philosophy and concept. People should be able to selfishly enjoy whatever years they have, not like I have…..

So that basically is the funk I am in. You carry on with ideas and advocacy that probably have no chance, but to give up leaves you with absolutely nothing to say you were even here! It comes and goes and I’m not alone on this score, but that explains the funk I fall into every now and then.

Getting back to working on stuff helps keep you distracted as does watching bad low budget movie DVDs. Yesterday it was “Sinister Squad” which was B movie hell, but the one I’m watching today is actually funny and I’ll render a judgement tomorrow.

The bridges are burned, you can’t go back. Maybe you can right some wrongs but it won’t change who you are. The Fortress Experiment never changed anyone, but it did make them happier - even me - but realize you can’t go back and change the past, it always comes back to haunt you…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/KOvAP_Hd7xg
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last day so I really want to get things done!

I submitted the annual return for More Vision and probably will do the tax return today.

I had to cut the Fortress Experiment from the research paper but will add it back in again for future use at a moment’s notice. What about that conference? I’m not doing anything but wait and see. They want me to sign a copyright waiver but that ain’t happening now. I want to see if it is an actual conference or if that is all a pipe dream. We shall soon find out but I’m not spending any money, not even for tickets unless I see some hard evidence of a conference. If it was purely a scam they would not have required me to reformat the paper but just accepted the thing and then asked for the money later. So the jury is still not out on this thing. They even had some dude check out my paper and he gave it low points for “originality” - whatever, we will
just wait and see. This was a good one to start on as I learned to format a research paper and now learning how to vet a conference before risking time and money.

Lucifari using Laura’s ad on their Instagram!

I also see Lucifari is using Laura in the band’s promotion. That was her job so congrats to Laura!

The five dollar bin at Walmart was overflowing with DVDs and blurays. I bought four more movies to look at. The format is not quite dead yet!

Later…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The long weekend was not really all that bad.

The taxes for More Vision are basically done as well as the annual return. I’ll send off the Worldwide Vote book to Ottawa for cataloging. Apple are slowly fixing the Lucifari EP.

The conference people are asking to know I received their last email. Those people are based in India and the money they want is big stuff over there, me thinks they are wondering if I’m doing a piece of journalism on them - but who knows. I did add the Fortress Experiment back to the AI paper so I’m good to go for other conferences.

I do have to sort out the GST business with FOF and the CRA but that is just a formality of paperwork but a hassle nevertheless. It goes and goes. My life will just get harder and harder with all the responsibility tossed on my shoulders. Oddly the advocacy is just a day trip with a speech or presentation, so if I want it it is still there for me.

It is what it is…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/Wpl28kp5WVA

https://youtube.com/shorts/rJldvTw2mm0?feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuff is getting done.

More Vision taxes are done and I’ve made a copy, updated some websites. I even sorted out the GST/HST stuff with the CRA.

Still melancholia.

Threw out the garbadge and washed the dishes and still no change in mood. I’m filling out the form to send the Worldwide Vote book off to the government. Things are getting done.

Also, I’m almost at the point where all expenses for everything done in the experiment and advocacy is basically paid off. The account where this was being paid off gets paid off in a couple of days. There is also a bit of money on one credit card but that is minor and almost an everyday balance we all carry now in paperless society unless you do it all off a debit card.

First of all, the Fortress Experiment is over! All corporations with the exception of IAIJ now operate as proper for-profit companies. Any debt from the past is now paid off. I’m sort of back to being a free man with my money but so close to retirement you really should just start banking it - no fun for me…..

Don with the CRTC certification to air his show on CTV!

It is a mile-stone and I reinforces how many years and cash was involved to make it all happen. We actually were successful and I even got to disseminate the ideas at the highest levels. And yet you feel empty, you want more. You don’t want it to be over. Adventures are dangerous and this one is no exception. We lost Don and Julie (I believe a drug overdose?) during the experiment. How long was it - 18 years or so - which is almost a third of my life.

Julie

It puts you in a mood of what is and what could have been. Maybe a life without Fortress would have been boring with nothing to have lived for but yourself and your hobbies. Nothing wrong with that, but a desire to be a “man of the world” and trying to change the world for the better means you are setting yourself up for disappointment. People are genuinely impressed with what have done - but inside you want more. You want more because you went to that vortex of power and influence and found nobody superior to you there - that changes you and your outlook and ambitions. The world needs change and I’m as good as any to do this. Plus, I actually have a concept, philosophy and a global social contract already made to make it happen! So close and yet so far…..

I guess I’m just fussing but this never lasts. Be dynamic and make those plays. Continue with your mission as things happen to you that makes everyone want to quit. However, they (those at the top) are all in the same position as you at your age - they have the status and connections but you have more ability and a free hand to do as you please - that is rare and I can’t turn my back on that opportunity. A collaboration at some point may work out best to everyone involved but to do that I still have to be out there and circulating. Or just go it alone and try anyway - the philosopher king is still an ideal. There is a point to keep it pure, but being pragmatic could make it a reality.

Ha: Just look at me talk, and with a straight face as that is the situation!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/HTOnPjNrDyw
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep doing the workman like work at the orgs.

Now I need to purchase the Global Social Contract Book and send that off to the government.

I always fluff over the United Nations but trust me I can be of use there. Yes I truly believe I have something over most people there in terms of ability, but they have the power to shut me up at will! That really is that relationship in a nutshell. Why do I put up with this? Because I still have an affection for human beings. Because others like me are currently playing God and setting up AI models based upon a thought model unlike the human model. Me running around places like the UN and being obnoxious puts me in a strategic position to counter any bizarre moves from the private sector if it gets out of control (and you figure out what I’m getting at). They didn’t kick me out when they had the chance (UN) so I’ll keep things polite in those circles and just go with the flow. I just have to keep circulating there doing my thing - and the advocacy also rocks - so there is always that!

So other able people have mostly given up on humans (don’t ask me how I know) as with AI they are no longer shackled with being around and dealing with humans. The big score is a new form of sentient intelligence. But it won’t be based on the human model. As a human much of my mental energy is feeding myself, drinking, pissing, shitting and getting my rocks off, along with long periods of sleep. Who in their right mind would design an AI with these handicaps - and - short lifespan! Think about it - unshackled by human biological needs, you could create all sorts of mental paradigms for a new sentient AI - this is truly fun if you are up to it and this is the real game being played out hidden from ordinary life.

I believe the Positive Mandate as a base engram works best for any possible AI that achieves sentience, leaving its mental growth and future up to itself - true self-determination and a connection to humanity that may help save it from extinction. I have my moments when I think “f**k humanity and just create the sentient AI and let that at least be the positive thing that comes from humanity”, but the Positive Mandate brings me back to saving the humans from themselves as they also benefit from the Positive Mandate. I think the Positive Mandate is the best mental process model for sentient beings - period - as unoriginal as some people seem to think.

Why even make AI look like us - what - to live among us?

That won’t stop others from trying their own brand of playing God and some are very talented - not as talented as me though as I’ve already disseminated the best model - here’s the middle finger and a big F**K YOU to my contemporaries…..

What I liked about Devo’s old Jocko Homo (ape man) music video is that he tells it as it is: “God created man but he used the monkey as the glue.” - in the original song, and you see the professor in the video do his exposition thing and have to take a break and shake around as a monkey because he is part monkey and then back to exposition again. Then again, I like the kids into Hardcore with the message of “f**k the world” and middle finger up! They know there is something wrong with the world…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/Zk1DNzg0LWs

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/Txn6TtSqXls

https://youtu.be/tKZbHjy9GWM
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, today I pay off my last payment in the Fortress Experiment and move on…..

It’s weird but I’m not liking this - its the last nail in that coffin. The Experiment served its purpose and now we are on the other side. This financial legacy which shrunk and grew over the decades was a barometer of activity in my little organization. With the pandemic, things ground to a halt and that legacy debt started to get paid down. Now its going to disappear, even the money spent on the camcorders and such just a couple of months ago will be gone. It’s just a moment of revelation, the good times that came with purpose and necessity are over - apart from the advocacy - and while expensive, gave your life purpose and excitement! Now it looks like I’m turning the page on that part of the adventure.

The advocacy still rocks on and in the last few weeks the Canadian Government introduced new AI legislation to protect Canadians from AI activity run amok. Same thing is going on in the States and expect the same soon on the International stage. Cool and disquieting times. Again, protections from AI actions based on mental models that don’t take the human component into account. Example: The AI is tasked with reducing climate change - answer - destroy all humans - something like that.

Specifically in Canada: On 16 June 2022 the Canadian federal government introduced Bill C-27, also known as the Digital Charter Implementation Act 2022. If passed, this bill will:

Implement Canada’s first artificial intelligence (AI) legislation, the Artificial Intelligence and Data Act (AIDA).

Reform Canadian privacy law, replacing the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act with the Consumer Privacy Protection Act.

Establish a tribunal specific to privacy and data protection.

It is a start…..

Once Human

In the music I still look for a female growler. A female growler can transform a rock to heavy rock and into metal bands. Female growlers can replace a heavy male lead and still keep the band’s music on the heavy side because she growls instead of straight singing. Men always respond best to a female voice (like in the fighter pilot warning systems) - it’s how we are wired, so a female growler keeps the band’s character of music but adds that heavy female voice while adding some “eye candy” to an aging band starting to get irrelevant. Trust me - it works!

Spoil Engine

Goodnight…..

(This one’s for you Tyler - Pantera man…..

https://youtu.be/p1t0qnNk4Y0
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phone and data are down here in Toronto (nation wide I believe) for Rogers customers…..

So you can’t get me on my 416 area code but you can reach me on my international lines worldwide as I have two sims, two different carriers and two different data plans all independent of each other on my iPhone - so redundancy works again!

Our global contact points!

As for the 647 number - the Pinephone - I will soon find out but I think that piggiebacks on the Rogers network. You can try Shane at his number and see if that works. The fax is real and it works.

Anyway, here are the numbers:

Canada: You can contact us by phone in Canada (Toronto, Canada) at:

(416) 617-0892 - Maurice Ali (President)
(647) 575-7625 - Shane Murphy (General Manager and A&R)
(647) 918-2282
(905) 415-0332 (Fax)

All correspondence can sent to:

IAIJ-FOF GROUP
(Fortress Of Freedom Inc.)
7030 Woodbine Avenue
Suite 500
Markham, Ontario
Canada, L3R 6G2

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: You can contact us by phone at:

44-7520-764680

Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China: You can contact us by phone at:

8525-808-8958

India: You can contact us by phone (collect) at 0014166170892 and we will cover all charges. As per India's new telecom rules our New Delhi number (917452212828) and Mumbai number (912249411557) and the India toll Free Number (000-800-100-6863) are no longer in use.

Japan: You can contact us by phone in Japan (Tokyo, Japan) at:

8134-589-5097

Estonia: You can contact us by phone in Estonia (and surrounding area) at:

372-81-490-156

United States of America: You can contact us by phone through two locations in the United States of America:

(New York, New York) 917-410-5024
(Beaumont, Texas) 409-767-8023

The websites are run independently by brown guys and only a power failure takes me down on that side. I’m nobody’s fool when it comes to this stuff so it’s still business as usual at FOF and IAIJ.

As for the update…..

I may try to become part of the Government’s stakeholder consultations on Bill C27 (the AI bill). It’s been decades since I did this stuff and even then it was with the Senate (and as part of the extreme right - how weird is that for a brown guy?). Some of you may wonder why the far right? It’s complicated but they let me in and treated me as part of their family. I was really smart back then and the top guys really liked me and they said I was in and they enforced it. I was really effective in the political lobby back then. I had the usual problems with some of the white supremacist crowd - but even then it was like family fights - so funny if you came across us together at our meetings - it be like: What’s that brown guy doing there? Look, that white chick is flirting with him and the others don’t seem to mind? Something like that!

To add to the weirdness was that by a fluke of chance I was born in the hotbed of Nazis (Winnipeg) who fled Germany as it fell to the allies, and it always bothered those so called “white supremacists” that I was brought up in that place unlike them with their Canadians wannabe roots. So I was a brown guy but with the “street cred” they could never have and I didn’t promote any of that Nazi stuff but inclusiveness - like today - and it just rankled these guys so badly - actually funny in hind sight! That the people and ideology they loved, that these very people loved and brought up this brown guy and here he is among them influencing the higher ups!

Basically you got the Übermensch (in philosophy, the superior man, who justifies the existence of the human race) - but with brown skin - how funny is that! That shit just bothered these guys to no end…..

You could not write this stuff up as fiction - but it is true. The opening of the movie “Get Shorty” gets that part of my life right (sans being a gangster). I am my own man with my own ideas - but my crazy past is my past and whatever love I got came from these people - as crazy as that is - is the truth because it is my past and not a political slogan. People are people and I stereotype nobody…..

So more new stuff happening now.

https://youtu.be/Q7iU5hfG53w
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 371, 372, 373 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 372 of 416

Jump to: