Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
Cracking The Whip!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Cracking The Whip! Reply with quote

Cracking The Whip!

By Maurice Ali, Journalist

What has spurred us to action at Fortressoffreedom.com? The answer is really quite simple. It is that mankind - until very recently - did not really have freedoms as he does at the present time. Even the constitution of the United State Of America, still had blacks without rights and women were also without the vote, etc.. Real freedom has come only quite recently in the past forty years or so.....and that is in the entire lifespan of the human race..... So it concerns a guy like me when - on the verge of true freedom and equality for all - that we seem to be slipping back to the old ways.....

So I started this freedom advocacy organization as my private little war to keep our rights and freedoms. Since the inception, the organization has grown. We are no longer just a simple website; we are a multi-national conglomerate of companies branching out into all types of media. We now have a head office (not some postal box or made up address on the "net"); phone number, real people to contact and real companies working on tangible products.

As I write this, I will be meeting with bankers in a few hours to finalize some arrangements and that will truly end the start up phase of our little freedom conglomerate. We also officially kick off our radio project today; but the major project to work on now becomes our newspaper: THE FORTRESS .

A newspaper is complicated and expensive - but an absolute necessity for us to distinguish ourselves from all the also rans permeating the internet. People look at internet news agencies with suspicion.....but regard the traditional newspaper with respect. Ink on paper requires more responsibility as litigation follows the papers far more often than on the "internet". Newspapers are permanent in a way that the internet can't match. I can go to meetings with other corporations and wave that first issue at them to gain respect. Our newspaper is a "sure thing".

Like any company, keeping costs down is the only way to survive. Our head office does not cost me anything (one of the major "fixed costs"). Web hosting is not that expensive and can actually be simplified for cost effectiveness. Our phone line does not cost me anything extra, and so on. The big expense will be the newspaper..... this can cost from several hundred to thousands per issue; I very much like the former. That is why - after several purchases of convenience with known suppliers - we have the three tender rule before embarking on any costly expense. We will probably do most of the non-printing work ourselves as the paper is to be a regular thing, consider this task a learning event for us. We must be able to put this paper out regularly on our own funds; that will ensure that we can not "sell out" to the interests of financial backers and advertisers (we can use these people to perpetuate the paper at no cost but we must always be able to do it on our own so we will not be held "hostage' to their interests). More on the workings of the newspaper in the forums below but I also have this statement for all you would be writers out there: The Fortress Newspaper is still accepting submissions for inclusion on our inaugural issue; please contact me at http://fortressoffreedom@hotmail.com with your submission or contact us at our newspaper forum below (in the Fortress Of Freedom Inc. category). We are accepting all forms of writing from news reports to short stories and poetry, lyrics, etc. - try us!

Basically.....we have to crack the whip, and start making our organization work for all our best interests, and we welcome - you the reader - to join us in these exciting times.

Comments And Suggestions
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: