Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 360, 361, 362 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m back! So here is the link to the United Nations site that has IAIJ’s Written Statement to the 60th Session of the Commission for Social Development:

https://undocs.org/Home/Mobile?FinalSymbol=E%2FCN.5%2F2022%2FNGO%2F37&Language=E&DeviceType=Mobile

Just click on the English version and it will appear.

You wait and wait and fantasize and wait and theorize and wait - and then it happens and - a slight let down. I’m being honest here about that. There is a fraction of a second where you see it’s there and you get excited. Then the moment passes and you’ve already moved on now that this part of the campaign has been secured. I mean you have that bit of excitement seeing it get disseminated and the relief that it’s there - but - these moments are never the way you would think they would be.

After I wrote that update on the previous post, I went and did some errands. No excited phone calls. No plans for an evening out on the town (still in semi-lockdown anyway). You just go through the motions as you usually would do and when you get a minute to yourself you think about what you have to do next. I suppose that cheapens the experience but this is what happened.

I did get a white mocha at Starbucks but that was the sum total of the celebration. All plays are now in motion. Things get harder and more challenging - and challenging on more fronts.

But, (yes I started a paragraph with “But” - deal with it!) I’m still overreaching and the future is still open even for a geriatric like myself. These moments of accomplishment mean more a long time after the fact. But in the moment - that moment - is not what you think it would be. Actually that sounds too analytical. Emotionally it is less than it should be, but strategically it’s awesome. I could spend all night trying to fully describe a confused feeling that isn’t what anyone expects.

And this is reality.

The Fates

Give me a few days or a week and I’ll start up the next phase of the campaign. I still have a reason to get up in the morning. That brass ring is still there to grasp. Everyone wants this play to go the distance and be determined by dissemination, choices and the resultant aftermath of it all, not by bad luck or illness or any distractions like that. The concepts and
philosophies and human decision and self-determination need to properly play themselves out…..

The Fates are watching…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/TkS8koPgb_s
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more…..

First of all I don’t want anyone to think I am religious. Anyone who wants to mess around with the world like I want to can’t be religious. You can’t propose a new social contract and a new global governance with the proviso that if you were wrong some Devine being or malevolent aliens will show up to bail us out of our folly. You had better be right and the reason I spent 13 years and 140,000.00 dollars of my own money to make sure the conclusions were what people wanted in their lives and that was freest expression because it made them happy.

When I mentioned The Fortress Experiment in the Positive Mandate speech at the UN, this was necessary to show giving feeest expression to people did not disrupt their lives negatively, the lives of their families or communities or nations. The results were fool proof and the a posteriori knowledge I needed to substantiate everything else. I could have gone a priori but they would always want the empirical evidence and so I now have that!

So when you propose a new form of human social interaction and governance on the world stage (UN) you have to have a secure foundation of information upon which it is based which I now have. Everything else here is built on this foundation relies on it so it really has to be bullet proof. So when you make this policy/concept/philosophy you have to be sure of yourself. You have to propose this knowing there are no safety nets at this level. You can’t count on Devine intervention. You can’t go back in time and redo things over with some necessary changes. You have to be sure first time out - and in this case I am sure!

The religious aspect of the positive mandate happened quite incidentally when I was proposing to give a mechanical (or biological/mechanical) entity a soul through the Positive Mandate and quantum computing. The idea was that I don’t give the machine a soul but that entities complex enough would show this soul as it is a part of the fabric of the Super Universe. Thus, the more I got into how to bring out sentience in AI, the more I saw the link to God and religion. Communion would appear to be a totally correct activity with this type of thinking about sentience and what the universe really is based upon. You have to use unique thinking that recognizes the limitations of our physical brains to access the ideas that are beyond us in detail but still a part of us in the felt aggregate if that makes any sense to you. So I have gained an interest in religion coming from the atheist side. I don’t know what you would call me when it comes to religion but “Holy Roller” could be surprisingly accurate.

Positive Mandate in Binary!

Later…..

https://youtu.be/lk2-bgwA0Ro

https://youtu.be/d1OxmTR-RU8
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the post mortem on the written statement and then we move on.

First is that IAIJ will make the notification and thanks for letting us make the written statement during the session in February. For now was just confirming it was there and that dreaded moment when you re-read that statement with fresh eyes after nearly two months.

So here again is the link to the United Nations site that has IAIJ’s Written Statement to the 60th Session of the Commission for Social Development:

https://undocs.org/Home/Mobile?FinalSymbol=E%2FCN.5%2F2022%2FNGO%2F37&Language=E&DeviceType=Mobile

Just click on the English version and it will appear.

This time around that first sentence jumped out at me and I groaned at it. But I had to start with the current efforts of the Sustainable Development Goals as that is hugely important at the United Nations. Just going in there bombastically and making it look like our idea is the greatest thing at the UN without acknowledging all that advocacy and effort to get clean water, housing, education and all the rest would come across really bad there. So a weak intro but you just live with it. The next one up is with regard to statistics and I do my usual drum roll of how many people are on-line but also add how many access the internet through cellphones. The percentage that access the internet by cellphones is over 92 percent of all who access the internet. It is the way I phrased it that makes it look like that slightly smaller number (over 4 billion) makes the 92 percent figure look like the 4 billion is 92 percent of the earth’s population which of course is grossly wrong. If you run your eyes back there you quickly know what that means but I could have phrased it way better. Actually I was surprised by that one, but realize you are not supposed to use parentheses or brackets in the written statements so that number was probably in parentheses and when I took it out, so out you got what you have now. Whatever, if that was corrected you would just move to the next mistake and obsess about that - nothing is ever perfect.

Same thing for speeches. You make the speech and then collect whatever media you have and just leave it for a day or two - and then - strap yourself in and critically watch your performance. You watch to see if you go off script or say a word that was not the word in the script. You note parts where you stammer or got lost in the moment and had to bring it back. No speech I ever gave was flawless and you just know somewhere you screwed up and you just keep searching or see how bad it was. So yes, even with a written statement stuff gets screwed up and flies under the radar just to be noticed later.

However the statement made it into circulation and distribution and that is the big takeaway here! The concept and philosophy was officially disseminated at the United Nations! It may not be a popular idea, but it made its way there. I even love that fact the statement is rough and choppy like some ordinary yahoo wrote it up unlike some state statement with all sorts of people looking and rewriting it. Anyone reading the Global Social Contract statement will realize this is coming from the “grass roots” by some ordinary person concerned about the well-being of humanity. Its gritty, stark and unpolished nature make this real and special to have made it that far up the ladder of influence. If that idea is to be judged as having come from “the people” and not some nation state playing games, then my statement, “warts and all” has that feel of something real and genuine entering on the world stage. I’m still a newbie and it shows - and I’m there at the United Nations giving them much needed new ideas!

So it is what it is and what happens - is what happens - but it is all real and genuine! If it looks like a rough statement written by some ordinary person of the general public then that is exactly what the written statement represents! Real and stark - just like that! The barbarians are at the gates demanding to be let in and start work on that Third House at the United Nations!

See: Now I fell much better about the whole thing. The social contract dissemination was the last part of the puzzle that had to make it to the UN and now it has. Theoretically I have now done the minimum needed and I could actually walk away now, but that won’t happen and that written statement was just an opening salvo or war cry of advocacy yet to come. The uncouth, unkempt, rough man from literally the streets has access and making moves in his unkept, uncouth way for change - and change in a big way! No lavish private meetings to discuss the concept and philosophy sipping expensive wine and snacking on fondue. No, we do this publicly for all to see. Next should be a side-event but next year will have everyone clambering for a slot. No matter, we will hold it off-site if necessary like back in the day if need be - the way it used to be for NGOs. We may wait one more year just to see if we get in as that is the best way to hold such an event. Advocacy will continue behind the scenes in the usual way like all other advocacy. This stuff may go well into my retirement - but it is all good if the idea/concept/philosophy takes hold and becomes a talking point there!

This whole reality is bizarre. That a guy like me given no chance by his society, a disliked and stereotyped person with no prospects at home, could go outside all that and do what I am now doing. Really, after how I was treated I owe humanity nothing - and yet here I am making big plays to change things and correct the wrongs that happened in my life. I did what I could to set things up and I got my shot - and - I took the shot and look what happened. No backing off now - keep making those plays and seize the moment as it arrives; you take the shot and seize that moment of opportunity. There will be push back to your ideas but just face them - face to face - take the shot at their objections an if successful - move on to the next level of advocacy. Most would have backed out by now, but I will just keep reaching.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/GaUUZG9Wg5o

https://youtu.be/UJqDbHv708M
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday I take care of everything I don’t want to do when the snow storm hits. The storm comes Sunday night so after I post this is off to Starbucks and on to the grocery store. Then take the family to the mall really early and get ready.

The written statement is now in the rear view mirror in my mind now. I’m in the usual depressed state where you do these things and later wonder if it was worth the effort as opposed to having that typical lifestyle of a family of your own. To be honest if the pandemic wasn’t here I would be much more active at the UN and also the AI and Sci-fi conventions pushing the positive mandate there. I’ve never been to a Sci-fi convention before and still want to experience this while soft selling the positive mandate as a agreed upon base engram for any possible sentient AI in the works. I say Sci-fi conventions as there probably is work on sentient AI, but it’s secret and underground and getting the idea out this way means I may get noticed by the sentient AI nerds and get used - quietly - with it all flying under the radar.

So we now expand our advocacy from the United Nations and its special agencies. I’m still there though and will probably be there for the next major update to the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) meeting to happen sooner or later. That is usually for citizen journalism with us, but now we expand it to AI also. I gave two speeches there last time (one at UNESCO in Paris, France and the other in General Assembly at the UN in New York), and spent two days on the floor of the General Assembly Hall all the way to the final vote - that was an experience! Anyway, talking about sentient AI at the United Nations would be so cool…..

So the written statement is there warts and all. I’m sure only a handful full of people at the United Nations (if even that) will bother to read it, but the fact the idea is disseminated is the big deal! It actually works out for me personally as I can reference it when asking for an interview or participating in discussion forums at conventions - if they ever happen again. People are impressed with stuff that happens at the UN. If I mentioned the new Global Social Contract at the United Nations without being at the UN with speeches, statements and side events - my legitimacy to talk about it is zero. But with all of this already a reality at the United Nations these past six years, I really do have something to talk on. So this last written statement matters. And in passing, even in using this current written statement to get into places, I could put money on people people just clicking it on-line to corroborate things and not actually reading the whole thing. So all this pining over the text is probably just about me - the advocacy scores another win!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/3fX9ETUy4OE
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday was a rotten day for me.

Anyway we had between 40-50cm of snow fall within a couple of hours. The shovelling took about two hours at my place and a simple drive to my dad’s place should have been quick cause they plowed the streets. They plowed the side streets but all the main streets were not plowed and littered with cars everywhere. So I spent another two hours just trying to escape all that and get back home. Actually I made things worse as I left my phone at home in the other jacket I used to clear the snow. I noticed it quickly and figured it was not worth the hassle for just a couple of blocks and then back an hour later. Well that didn’t’ work the way I planned but I made it back home and everything else was closed down for the day anyway. Actually I would have called that little drive a “nightmare” because so much of it was out of your control. Take the wrong street and there is a conga-line of stuck cars up ahead. Was this bad luck? I have been getting bad luck since I found out about the written statement and Friday was the worst. But I won’t place this on the written statement, but really I could have put money of bad luck when I scored on the advocacy. Been there many times and done that many times. I won’t blather more about it…..

That was the snow, but in other news is that I am slowly getting used to the written statement being disseminated at the UN even with my critical ramblings about any mistakes or clarity. The concept of the new Global Social Contract is all there and was successfully condensed to the word limits of the written statement. Basically it had to be a written statement as oral statements usually are 20-25 percent of what I had to work with this year with the written statement. So even though I was pumping myself up about the whole thing, I am now truly getting used to it and feeling better about it. Over this past year it was the only upbeat thing in advocacy during the pandemic. As such advocacy did not quite take the hit on the essential stuff as you would have thought. Remember after being stymied with an oral statement about the Global Vote in 2020, we successfully submitted the written statement about the same issue and were successful in 2021. The book on the new Global Social Contract only got published this past May, so on the vital stuff the timelines look good. Also note that I wrote a book this year but it is treated as an afterthought by me – what is wrong with me? As for me personally getting out and about in advocacy this was the second brutal year of going nowhere. In any case I have officially disseminated all the important stuff at the United Nations and just start building on it all.

It really amazes me how I can get what I want and then pick something to dwell on and lament the whole thing happening. One director told me I always do this so no surprise there. I am actually still working to plan so why all the lamenting of anything I could find to lament on? I guess it’s just me. If I found nothing to bitch about in the statement I would probably be despondent that the dissemination was just a written statement – you all get the drift…..

Of genuine importance is getting the Positive Mandate out there. This stands alone apart from the Global Social Contract. It is useful for people personally as a lifestyle signpost, but also for other areas like AI development. This stuff will happen outside my usual advocacy so as I said before I am really stoked to go into these new paths of advocacy. I just wished the pandemic would just get over and let me do my thing. And there you have it again; the dude just disseminates one huge idea for human development and yet bitches about not going to Sci-Fi conventions or AI conventions in Russia and places like that – what is wrong with me? Ask most people why they lament their lives and show them my angst and they would probably just slap my face so I just need to get over all this…..

Goodnight…..

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/LNuVDtUUmd4
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updates?

Nothing but clearing snow at my place and then my dad’s place. That is your update.

It is funny how the weather can just take your life and dictate what you do. Right now it’s all about snow and that’s all there is. The worst part is snow removal before the wet snow freezes into ice with the planned temperature drop tonight making more snow removal almost impossible. You just shovel or use the blower and rinse and repeat. Maybe, maybe Thursday becomes a sort of normal day…..

On the pandemic front: I will formally register for the 60th Session of the Commission for Social Development. I should also note that in another email they were saying that the previous rules for NGOs are changed again because of the Omicron variant. Now you can apply and physically pick up your pass for the UN in New York, but you can’t go in until further notification - at least until February. So it looks like the Commission for Social Development will only be a virtual event. But I will register as you never know and try to support my fellow NGOs as best I can.

I also have to cull my many website domains - there are too many to count. The advocacy ones stay along with one website per corporation. Everything else is fair game. Cut costs on the records label also.

Goodnight

https://youtu.be/PSmaURx_
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today things may finally get back to normal…..

I drove my Mustang back from my dad’s place to my house and it’s back in my garage. Now I have to walk back to his place and pick up the Buick that I’ll probably drive till the weekend. Driving a sports car has limitations in winter, but dump 55cm of snow in a couple of hours and you are not going anywhere. First of all is that there is no ground clearance. Seriously maybe you can wedge your foot underneath but that is about it. The Buick is an SUV on a truck platform with tons of clearance to just drive over the snow. The second thing is that in the Mustang, like a true sports car, you ride so low that you can’t see over the snow banks. Seriously - just driving back a few blocks meant I was literally turning into streets blind having to “guess” the traffic had passed. After some time the sun drops the height and you can see again. Back in the day I would just take the bus for a few days but now with the Delta and Omicron variants and my old dad at home, we made the decision to use the SUV instead of taking transit.

Anyway it took two days to shovel out of the blizzard they are now calling it and Thursday may be the first normal day of the week.

In other news I sent in my application to attend the 60th Session of the Commission for Social Development. Even though it’s mostly virtual you still participate to support the Commission and it’s work and also the other NGOs there - so that got done. Actually, for a place (UN Headquarters) basically closed up for the pandemic, I’m doing what I had to do so it’s not all that bad for me and the strategy.

I’m also planning strategy to get consensus on the base engram (Positive Mandate) for any possible sentient AI. Giving a sentient AI the Positive Mandate as the base engram (Positive Mandate: fullest expression because it make you happy) introduces emotion to the AI in a positive way at the rudimentary level - and I look at giving an AI capable of sentience the Positive Mandate as an act of “love” from humanity to this new sentient form. If any of you are wondering what an engram is then if you ever watched “Blade Runner“ you will know that the replicants were given a 4 year lifespan and early life experiences were replaced with artificial memories which many call engrams. The main character has a constant dream of a white unicorn prancing in the fields - that was an engram put into his mind. Anyway I’m moving forward on that file.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/DLIU5tC3LAs

https://youtu.be/OBbJYAtdNMU

https://youtu.be/rW9WmA5okpE
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tribes…..

I am finally making progress on the business front. After a lengthy call the IAIJ-FOF GROUP is re-registered for another five years.

Also, no word from the Human Rights Tribunal. It’s been months so could it be true that my application for up to four billion settlement requested to us AZ folk may actually come to “trial”? Hum, but I had better not be the only one to get that far - or I will really be pissed off! Time will tell…..

No word from Apple yet.

So the tribes: As much as I was a loner much of my life I still was part of several tribes - especially for school and work - you just can’t escape them! But way back to university and earlier, you try to check and see what your contemporaries are up to and it quickly becomes evident how things worked out. Family and friends start to die off and within days are erased from existence. Apart from a few surviving individuals, nobody would ever know that they existed - except for the tax office, always that!

One of my tribes!

On my tribe I was looked down upon. In elementary school my nickname was “Turd” and the shit descriptions continued into life. But here’s the thing, all those other people have done nothing! The most that happened is that they got drunk and had kids or had kids and that was it. All that time I had to be the receiving end for jokes and crap of all kinds to make me feel inferior and they superior and at the end of the day they become invisible. But not to me, but I wanted love and acceptance from this group as I had no other. Now that I’m becoming an old man you see the fruits of all that praise for people who were nothing but ordinary. Our lives are played out and from my tribe I seem to be the only one with anything of substance to come from that tribe as any kind of legacy to say we as a group ever existed. Yes, as bizarre as it is, the lowest individual of the tribe becomes the defining part of that tribe. You can’t make this shit up! Fast forward to university and me getting the shaft for graduate school in philosophy. They hinted I was in but then gave it away to the usual suspects and I’m using that term charitably. And what did that group do with their opportunity? I can tell you what they did: FUCK ALL! Yes they did nothing, a total waste of resources better spent on people with actual talent.

You will say that is my personal prejudicial view open to preferential vision of myself. But they did the opposite as a group to me and they ended up nowhere, so I have the right to tell it as it is. And: You are reading this and not from their blogs, because there is nothing of interest there at all. I hate to break preconceptions of all kinds but my little adventure has broken them. These people are still my tribe, but now they are my people and I carry their existence on my shoulders and they now are defined by their association to me or not defined at all in the end - you can’t even make this stuff up in fiction but there it is - reality….. Take a look at elementary school photos with the teacher and several rows of kids. A tribe, and people only see that photo if one of them did anything of note. That just is how it is and that’s what I mean.

You will say that’s very arrogant of me, but without someone better than me in that tribe - it is on me. They are like family, your tribe, now they are all yours - funny how that worked out! Ok enough of this. It is what it is…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/ypEaGQb6dJk
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vacation weeks.

I slept through most of Saturday but got up late enough to clean up around the house and pay bills. Entertainment was going to Starbucks on a Saturday night before I went to my dad’s place. Entertainment was the drive through - because of the snow - was this narrow ditch of snow you drove in, you had to see it to believe it! The funny part was how all the people and hustle and bustle around the place made it feel like a pre-pandemic moment which made the trip worth it.

For Sunday it is more catching up at home and a birthday for one of my sisters. Maybe get everyone out of the house for a change. Stuff like that.

And as I bitch about my past and how being me had my life and ambitions suppressed due to stereotypes, realize that the Positive Mandate in every personal situation I was affected is corrected and prevented by adopting this concept and philosophy. There is nothing wrong with calling out and exposing bad behaviour based on bad social policy that inflames our worst natures, and replacing that with a better way that makes us all happy. Disseminating that at the UN and world at large was a big score for humanity, but also a score for me personally as my pain was now worth it as it spurred me on to do something about it with the idea/concept and philosophy called the Positive Mandate and the extension called the new Global Social Contract. This is big stuff, an adventure in real time here, but reality can’t compete with what passes for entertainment these days. No explosions and travelling through worm holes. No, here we have a guy trying to improve happiness through things like no discrimination in access to education, work, the application of justice, the freedom to partner with anyone you can without restriction - and on and on. People don’t want to be reminded of these limitations in their lives, mostly because the feel it can’t be changed. So they escape reality and watch a James Bond movie to get away from it all. But that is fantasy and this is reality, but with a chance of change. Should be popular but I go it alone with only a handful of people taking an interest. In the dissemination phase where we are now my “lone wolf” methods work and keep the ideals of the Positive Mandate from being compromised, but when we get past dissemination and open up the cause for many others to help get the word out, I hope I will no longer be the sole person on the metaphorical street corner barking out ideas that make sense but go unheard by the passing masses…..

It would be fun to see the Positive Mandate and Global Social Contract get adopted around the world as I disseminate from the top down. You can’t change the world fighting every human on the ground. You disseminate at the top venues of power and influence and let those ideas get used and disseminated and ultimately adopted by others who think it’s the best thing in the world - only you know this all was hatched in my bedroom by a guy who occupied the lowest rungs of society. That should be a block buster movie to rival James Bond on a Saturday night…..

https://youtu.be/vL-KQij0I8I
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday was a birthday and stuff like that.

I wonder how this blog should go on as I accomplished all I wanted to do - for the minimum - and that was that final written statement to the United Nations (Global Social Contract) that was the necessary thing that ties all the other advocacy together. The way it went down eggs me in to do more - though. It is interesting at a few mistakes that really mean nothing keep me from saying “it is done” and keep me wanting to do more. However having said that, many parts of operations here are really being drastically mothballed.

Our show at night on the marquee of The Royal Cinema!

Video is truly scaled back now. We got on the biggest television networks in Canada and then in one of the biggest stand alone theatres in Toronto and then on Prime and now finally to YouTube. It’s all out there and done for the advocacy. Apart from the final chapter of my life it is done. Apart from the occasional music video there is no reason to do much here. I will do updates for the advocacy but this can basically be recorded on my iPhone and much of the equipment in the studio is there just for show now.

A display of our CDs!

In the music, we still operate but we are not actively looking until the pandemic ends and we get live performances again. The music is the saddest decline during the past 20 years as it’s still so relevant to peoples lives. So I keep at it but I’m not pouring money into it like during the experiment. If we actually turn a nickel and have it run in its own that’s great, so I keep it going but run it as a proper business.

Night time crowd!

Live action aka FOF Entertainment Inc. will forge its own path but I’m not sinking money into it. FOFSTOCK 2 will exist on its own by whatever means it can. It has a track record and history which is huge to help put on big outdoor events. However it gets run like any other company and has to at least break even.

The Fortress!

Paper newspapers are mostly a dead thing now, but I was an editor of a real paper newspaper we put out for several years called: The Fortress! I may make one last actual paper newspaper as an a anniversary edition and throw that in our solitary newspaper box - are there any still left in Toronto?

Here I is Samantha with the contract for 102.1 The Edge!

That advertising company (More Vision) is the only entity that can truly exist in its own. This corporation supports the others and it can contribute to other productions if it has the cash. However don’t count on it!

Fun times are over with yours truly picking up the tab. Any cash I spend now is for the international advocacy in all its forms. This is a reckoning of priorities as time is running out on me to do what I have to do. The international advocacy is where it’s all at now and all the arts we supported were just a means to an end - in the end.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/QVJKn7I6MyA
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More shovelling.

More cold weather.

Anyway I’ve been listening to Russian music lately and now wonder it I should cut back on any linking or promoting of Russian Hard Bass due to current political situations. What does the music have to do with this? Nothing of course, but note that even I have to take into consideration optics even in the music industry. So I will “ease off Russian music” officially and go somewhere else. But not today…..

Gopnik

Oh: funny fact is that I actually have a navy Adidas truck suit they all love to wear. Got it from an uncle who was a member of the IOC. Not a Gopnik but I have the requisite cloths.

Goodnight…..

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/n4uhmetIV2o

https://youtu.be/VLW1ieY4Izw

More of this going forward:

https://youtu.be/45fvwFunaKE
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still crappy outside but things get back to normal with the advocacy.

The big thing today is filming a long over due update. The interesting part is foregoing the usual set up with the old Canon and now just using the iPhone 12 Pro Max. That HTV camcorder is now 15 years old - incredible! That’s what I call getting your money worth and more! By contrast the old SD Sony PD170 really only got used for 4 years and that extra year overlap with the Cannon was because it was so good in low light I used it constantly for low light shots of our gang. The “Indie Band” video was a perfect example of this. Even those shoots at MetalWorks Studios we’re always low light but you would never know the gain was in as the noise was incredibly reduced in the footage. But both camcorders are so EOL it isn’t even funny so I rock a iPhone which back in the day I would have thought as “so funny”. And don’t even get me started on truly old JVC Studio Camera PBS used to use. As a camera it was as good as SD could get, but recording in camera was only Super VHS….. All these ancient camcorders are now just for show in the studio.

FOF camcorders from back in the day!

So I will have a huge tripod and a tiny iPhone in front of me for the update shoot. Shot in plain 4K at 60fps - on the selfie camera no less - and we shall see what the audio sounds like as I have no issues with the actual video apart from lens flare.

Apart from the video I have to upload video of the World Summit on the Information Society General Assembly floor vote and throw that on the IAIJ YouTube channel.

Stuff that now has to be taken care of: Whatever remaining debt I had in the Experiment will be done in the next few months and then I start banking money, but I may use some of it to further a very cheap indie movie or add a band or two to the label. Despite what I said in the doldrums lately we still have rock’in record label and I never shutter the door permanently on something I have spent 17 years in the making. And that’s enough for now…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/Xnhb8z5K8Mg
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, a very busy day!

DaVinci Resolve!

The big deal was getting DaVinci Resolve working on my video editor beside Avid. That should telegraph where we are going in a little while.

More later…..

Goodnight…..

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/2uTMTyqQxl4
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I’m getting into DaVinci Resolve but what I want to talk about is how I decide and use software like this.

Adobe Premiere Pro is the “go to” editor these days for typical commercial editing. That combined with After Effects is probably all you need to do anything you need to do. The only problem is the cost which is usually a subscription for about 50-60 dollars a month. Avid which is what I used was about 40 bucks a month but I bought a full priced package years ago and stopped the upgrades when they redid the entire UI to make it more like Adobe.

CRU drives for the movie house!

However, DaVinci Resolve now offers their editor for free with no crippled features or watermarks. Tech companies do this at some point in development to build a user base that they will then subscribe later on as they get familiar with the editor and so don’t want the hassle of leaving. And that is why I now picked DaVinci Resolve as I can load the app on multiple devices and workstations without cost and staff and journalists can have it on their own for free - for now.

So I’m just setting up and fooling around with the system to see how it works. I’m still an Avid guy and used Avid since 2004 to cut our first TV show so that is my editor. I cut everything from SD TV shows for networks and CRU based movies on wide screen to the TV series on Prime. All cut on Avid. I started with the free version and then the SD version and finally the HD/4K version I have now.

DaVinci Resolve on a laptop!

I have it installed on a regular laptop and a gaming PC I use with Avid so I’ll check to see how it works on the weekend. This is good news for me as I try to keep fixed costs down and this editor has superior colour grading on the free version and an audio editor that is simply superior to Avid.

And that the update for today.

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve been testing the new face unlock with masks for Face ID on the iPhone - and - it works! This is only available on iOS 15.4 Beta software which I participate in, but Face ID now works reliably with masks on. Currently it is only available with iPhone 12 and up but remember this is currently in Beta testing.

Yup, it unlocks with a mask! Funny thing is when you set it up you don’t have to wear a mask. So me thinks you can wear different masks and it won’t affect the unlock. Also when I swipe up I don’t get the animations with Face ID, it just unlocks. Apple Pay unlocks with a mask on! This time there was a little bit of animation before you got the notification to hold it near the machine.

The face unlock works with any mask and with any mask with Apple Pay. I tested it with a blue surgical mask, a black cloth mask that really covers most of the face, and a white K95 mask. I wear glasses and it works and you have the option for an alternative face scan for another pair I believe. Totally reliable so far. As such we may not need the return of Touch ID - but I wouldn’t mind it - however this seems to resolve the mask issue and unlocking your phone.

Because of this mask unlock business since the pandemic, I was seriously thinking of going to a new iPhone or other brand that didn’t make me enter a passcode when out and about. So this fix is good news to me! My iPhone is a little more than a year old so no need to upgrade yet. That phone was 2,300 dollars so if it works I’m keeping it longer.

This weekend will see me mess around with the new editor I talked about the psst few days. I finally got the Avid editor to ingest 4K 30fps video and it can do cinematic 24 fps. 60 fps is the big question but it should with an upgrade to my ram. I also want to see it I can breath new life into the old Canon HD camcorder buy recording directly to card or disc. I may even check out some used camcorders of recent vintage and see what’s happening there. Things are a bit more upbeat these days.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/yI5CU3YAaZ8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 360, 361, 362 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 361 of 416

Jump to: