Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 357, 358, 359 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SOCAN business is a done deal and FOF Records is on its own to distribute the FOF catalogs of music and any new music that comes in.

Me at SOCAN!

The Buick got rustproofed on Friday which was another pain in the ass but done…..

I have to deal with squirrels in the garage attic at my dad’s place which is easy. I almost sealed it up with the squirrels inside but will do it again Saturday morning when they are out and about.

Maybe buy more N95 masks as we look to be in this for the long haul. Maybe look at some more DVDs but my DVD days may be behind me. Pity…..

And yes “The Weeknd” is now on the Billboard Hot 100 longer than Chubby Checker”. To be honest I do have “Blinding Lights” on my iPhone with a gif for the album art which is cool. There may have been more competition back in the day but facts are facts…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/4NRXx6U8ABQ

https://youtu.be/-CCgDvUM4TM
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super late one - but it is what it is.

Vacation is over and mostly everything I wanted done got done. FOF Records got its independence. I’ll leave that there for the time being. The cars are all set for winter. That was one long pain in the ass experience but done. Winterizing the houses but that’s done.

Mood is melancholy and the future is not rosy. Not so much for me personally but for everything around me. Once I was a free man but now I’m tied done by conscience. I have to be practical and get more ruthless in making sure things stay effective and alive in getting the ideas/concepts and philosophy out there. To get where I am makes for a complicated life and trying to get your house in order is no easy task. If I was on my own this would not be a problem now.

But it is what it is.

I’m not alone in my circumstances and you just keep rowing that boat and making sure it doesn’t sink. The ideas have to get out there. The hard parts are done but commitments make what should be easy and fun harder. Not impossible but harder. So you still make the same effort as usual. It’s just different now. You don’t feel old but you are old even if you don’t look as old as you should. Understand that and you understand why I’m still trying. For others it’s easy to just give up and mellow out. Not for me, they gave me seven more years so an extra seven years you get from me…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the usual routine.

It drives me crazy that I have to hold my tongue and not write about what I w ant to write about. It’s even worse on popular platforms where advertising dictates how far free speech can go and the bar keeps changing with new terms of service. What was OK in the past is now under threat because YouTube can place ads in non-partner videos, and soon they will just make overall videos inoffensive and put ads everywhere. They still bang the drum of freedom of speech but we shall see if that is a line in the sand they continue to have. As for me I should have free speech on my own websites but even here I am muzzled. The difference is that I won’t get 14 years of posts deleted and I don’t rely on Fortress to pay the bills, but you still have to watch what you say.

However, what happens here is better than being reliant on big tech for your income and identity.

On a big tech platform probably in the end you end up just being a shill for the website and make some money that way, but then you are really just an employee - pardon me - “contractor”. There is one photographer on Instagram who will post a completely nude photo of herself when things get slow and it works and keeps you interested - and that’s fine if you are good looking and open to nudity - but there you are keeping views up to keep the advertisers using you and there you are totally naked with some photoshop pasties taking a selfie in the mirror. Another upperclass guy who was once in law school has to constantly correct himself as his audience is rednecks. So he gets Covid and did a video on it where he walked the anti-vaccination line as far as he could but you could tell that wasn’t how he really felt. But he did admit he didn’t want to get it again and will mask and such but steered clear of vaccination. So can you look yourself in the mirror, or in the mirror holding a cellphone and snapping a nude photo to keep the money coming in?

That’s also why I keep the corporation running on vapours - that thing about money - it makes you do things that normally you would not do. Take the ad cash and hire staff, now even if you could walk away from the money you have a gang that relies on that money and there you are naked in front of a mirror taking a nude selfie of yourself again. It starts small and then you are trapped. Anyway we will continue to run on vapours…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/XCSOsFe42P8
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chugging away at things.

Got an email from Apple stating they can’t find our EIN number from the IRS. So it appears that it can take up two weeks to get the new number to appear in the search. So I’ll just wait one more week and have them check again. This should not indicate anything about whether Apple is interested in us. The application is just being completed - so we just go through the motions and see what happens.

At IAIJ:

Sam wrote:
IAIJ has a YouTube Channel!

By Samantha Blackwell, IAIJ Inc.

The International Association of Independent Journalists now has a dedicated channel on YouTube!

The channel is called IAIJ and can be accessed here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0LCSrrGTQ2Cou0BWKB9xgA

So far we have only one video as a placeholder and that is the Rise Unite song composed and performed for our advocacy at IAIJ by the band Lucifari. We will start to add IAIJ videos soon to the channel, so if interested don’t be afraid to subscribe and keep informed of new IAIJ videos as they go public!

IAIJ: JOURNALISTS IN ACTION AROUND THE WORLD!

This should have happened before but now is done. Currently we only have the “Rise Unite” song uploaded but more videos are coming. We should also make some announcements on the record label and probably starting tomorrow.

The weather sucks with snow and a change from fall to winter in a day or two. It has an impact on you and that sucks. You have to dissociate yourself from your feelings and just get things done. We did that during the vacation last week and now we just keep at it.

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the update…..

No word from the Human Rights Tribunal and coming up on two weeks. First they said it should be dismissed and I figured a reply to my rebuttal would come fast- but we still wait…..

Still trying to figure out what happens to me and Omicron. I have Covishield, AstraZeneca, Pfizer and this year’s flu shot in me so far. I have no idea if the different brands mean a better identification of a heavily mutated Covid 19 strand is good or not - but there is nothing I can do now. The strain is all over the place anyway and may have come from the Netherlands but who knows. If it remains mild with little respiratory punch it may end up just becoming a flu. Time will tell.

In light of how interconnected countries battling Covid 19 has become internationally, it just has more relevance to my ideas of a new Global Social Contract. Nations will do as they always do but more and more global problems need global answers and is best decided through a Global Social Contract and administered through nations. That won’t be popular now but someone has to float it at the UN - oh yah - that seems to be me right now. I have nothing to lose so the job found a man (me) and not the other way around I guess. ….

I was watching the movie “deep impact” where everyone was saying their goodbyes as the end came near. Some committed suicide or went to places important in their lives to meet their fate - especially people my age. But I have important things to do so I would be motorcycling up some mountain to outrun the tidal wave. Then when things are over and rebuilding begins have your vision become reality. No long goodbye for me! That’s so unusual at my age - I’m still pitching.

Then there is the business stuff - man - lots of stuff happening in my life right now - I guess that’s a good thing?

Anyway that’s how I think about things now.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/ZnAob9ij2SQ
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll be uploading more videos to the IAIJ channel. At least you can search for IAIJ now in the search. But I’m preparing more files for upload - mostly advocacy videos. Maybe a new one today. Weird being back on the editor but YouTube will make the videos easier to search and find.

As said before, we have signed and sent in the contracts for SOCAN and as of yet no response but I’ll wait a week before I do anything. I’m also starting to shred receipts that are over the limit for a tax audit. There is just too many receipts in the filing cabinets! This will also take a while.

It’s warm so back to climbing on my dad’s roof to take down some stuff before it all ices up again.

And Omicron, we still don’t know enough yet but some scenarios are frightening. Cases doubling in South Africa in one day - stuff like that. For those who have older family members it’s like reading tea leaves as to how out and about they can be. I won’t get into it but there is an army of people out there who know exactly what I’m talking about. Not good stuff and the reason why I bought more N95 masks as this variant may have smaller particles. Expect a run on these if things go south in the next few weeks. Anyway, you guys probably have enough Covid 19 news in your head.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/XVkr6Wx0bm0
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m putting up some more videos on the IAIJ channel. Mostly just minor tweaking at the start and finish with most work just tweaking out the audio.

Also we’re are slowly ramping up the music with new and older acts. Below is a photo op of the AAVRY KNAPP/THE BRAWLERS gang:

We have about 50 acts at FOF RECORDS so that is one reason we are making structural changes at the label. I just keep at it.

The rest is just life in general. I’d say I officially gave up on youth about three weeks ago. I just looked at myself in the mirror and decided - yup - the fight is over. I always said that I was hanging on to youth by my finger tips but I lost my grip and I am in free fall. The strange thing is that I don’t feel old. You still can look a bit younger at my age - but why live the lie - the lie being your actual chronological age. I used to look at my neck and see things start to hang there and freak out - then realized that it was because I shave with a blade and leave shaving cream there which builds up and makes your neck look older. So you clean all that crap off your neck and - hell yah - young neck again. To really get the job done you would need one of those face masks and the salon would take before and after photos to display on the wall as it would work and there you are - young guy again - but that would just come back to haunt me on social media. However I’m so busy now you let it slip - and it’s going to happen anytime now anyway.

Looking your best is time consuming. If you are a women I understand but guys are different - it’s easier for guys. Same thing probably happening around my eyes. I could go to a salon and have them literally scrape all that crud off my face and get back like at least ten years - but me doing that is the same thing women regularity do and do I really want that hassle and hanging around a salon with other women? Well I could end up getting laid in that environment, but I simply don’t have time, not even time to get laid and when you do have the time in the future, no woman would have you. See what I mean.

It would be fun the really use everything at your disposal to look as young as possible including a wardrobe makeover. Would be cool as a last hurray before you hit the old folks home. I just don’t have the time though…..

Say you make yourself look younger and start dating young women, then meet her parents and realize you went to school with her dad in university - but graduated two years earlier! I never had kids so this gut punch feeling about dating younger women doesn’t bug me viscerally like it does for real dads, but it can in a social context. When you never had kids you don’t get affected about parent stuff in movies that gets guys misty eyed. You are in another universe. Anyway, with children there is no positive mandate, worldwide vote or Global Social Contract. That for a few quick rolls in the hay with young women as memories - nah - stay with the advocacy…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/bNMhBoFvjZ0
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend is all about adding more videos to YouTube and shredding old receipts.

The latest YouTube video is a side event about the positive mandate from 2019 at the United Nations. We had a decent turn out for that one and multiple cameras so the video is fun - but me and the gavel! On both side-events I smash the gavel into the table at the end.

When I first got to the UN I would wander around the place checking it out and even abandoned sections. Anyway, just before I left on my first trip I noticed those gavels at the head table. They used them at the NGO Committee when one got status. Anyway I checked one out in an empty conference room - they all had them - and took some photos and even a video but I don’t remember if I hit the gavel or not. Hitting the gavel on official UN business was so cool in my eyes back then, so when I held a side-event, I would bang the gavel at the end to close off the event. It always gets a laugh from the audience but - I gotta be me….

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve got about six videos up on the IAIJ channel. I’m going to replace two because I wanted to increase audio on the side events. But after today the videos should be locked down and then we just go for views. We now need the channel to host news videos when the pandemic subsides and members start to get out and about reporting. So that got done on the weekend.

I also have to get started shredding receipts and will start from the oldest till we reach that seven year buffer the tax man wants. All that newsprint has to go also. Presently it’s this tower in the office - a monument to a last time where paper was used in huge volumes for newsprint that only lasted a day and computer printout that only lasted one minute. I wonder what the rate of deforestation is these days, it has to have gone down dramatically!

Anyway it’s back to the Apple business this week as FOF Records has to be in the IRS database by now. We will know what to do after we find out what Apple wants to do with us.

Oh, and no Starbucks since Friday! They did check QR codes on Friday and I have to teak the PDF files as they could not scan on the document but could on the enlarged code I made. I’ll save the document as a photo and enlarge the code box as needed. That should spare me any problems in the future.

I really miss the pace we were at at the UN. It really seems everything has hit the brakes due to the pandemic. But the worldwide vote speech got scuttled in 2020. We did get the worldwide vote disseminated officially via written statement in 2021 and have submitted the Global Social Contract for 2022 as a written statement. It could be worse - but also could have been better. It is what it is…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More anecdotal Omicron evidence: So friends of my sister in South Africa had a whole family get it with one double vaccinated person with two shots of Pfizer got pneumonia. One guy in India got infected twice and now has a lung infection with two shots of CovidSheild. He is a doctor and me thinks he was a human guinea pig for a reinfection test, but it can happen if the report is true. So vector and Mrna shots are compromised - but how about a mix like what I have. In any event the reality of this new variant has to be taken with caution. It spreads and reinfects so this won’t be a cake walk. Can it snuff out Delta? All you can do is hope and roll with the punches…..

I’m done with the IAIJ channel for while. I tweaked audio a bit on the UNESCO clip but they are good to go as is. I’ll leave them alone and let them get views now - you can work on them for the rest of your life and they will never be perfect. Enough is enough…..

I did a lot of shredding on Monday and I’m taking a break on Tuesday. Wash the dishes and clean the bathrooms and tidy up the place. Slowly get on top of things. Maybe tomorrow we resubmit the EIN to Apple. And still no word from the Human Rights Tribunal…..

I’ll take the family out and enjoy things till the pandemic ramps up to the point you have to curtail things. I see myself in others now. The daughter taking her aging mother to IKEA. Like we were at the elevator at IKEA and us usually only one family at a time but we were both being careful and we just decided to save some time and go up together - if we didn’t see the similar circumstance neither she or me would have taken the chance. I see all sides of pandemic issues and those that want a choice on vaccination and others worried for loved ones who are old or health compromised. Everyone should be a bit more empathic to each side - and - not be a dick about it…..

That’s my public service announcement for today!

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quickie…..

I resubmitted the information to Apple and they want 10 days to look at it. I want to remind all of you that we had many contracts with Amazon and actually made money direct deposited into our bank accounts. Prime Video and the CDs DVDs and downloads. Then Amazon washed its hands of indie - just like that - so don’t place your worth on who you have contracts with. All this is in the end is a business contract to make more money. The value of your company is within that company and not by association which admittedly does affect the share price but we are not public.

SOCAN for the record label is now set up and the label is finally able to do everything on its own. That only really matters to the person who created it - sort of like watching your child grow up and get its independence from you. It matters, but mostly just to me…..

I’ll start adding news events from our past to the IAIJ YouTube channel and getting it looking like a proper journalist channel. However we have time here.

Oh, and I felt hungry and popped into MacDonalds to order a Quarter Pounder with Cheese. I mostly stay away from these places during the pandemic but figured one last time before we go back into pandemic mode full-time again. Get in there and nobody is there ordering anything - all drive-through. So I ordered the burger and got the hell out of there and looked back and some guy was going in there - and coughing his brains out before he got to the door - so no more MacDonalds till late next spring at the earliest. Don’t touch the door handles. In fact I ate the burger wearing a rubber glove - now that is a “Kodak Moment” for those old enough to know what that means…..

Ooops…..

Forgot about the pandemic: Pfizer says it’s booster raises antibodies 25 fold. Omicron decreases efficacy 41 fold. So a 16 fold decrease in efficacy after the booster against Omicron - that’s the best you can get. I also think Moderna should give full strength shots now instead of the 50% booster shot presently available.

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve added some protest videos to the IAIJ Channel and will just keep going as time permits. So today we have:

Pitbull Protest

Wall Street Protest

Stop the War Protest

G20 Protest (the world leaders “sleep in comfort in 5 star hostels”)

Yes they called it a “holocaust”.

I’ll try to find some from England as we have some video there.

For those itching about the Global Social Contract, things are moving so you just have to be patient. The Secretary General repeatedly asked for a new Global Social Contract - and - he’s going to get it! This just doesn’t happen overnight, so we develop the record label, work on the YouTube channels and so forth. Nothing exists in a vacuum…..

Goodnight…..

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC0LCSrrGTQ2Cou0BWKB9xgA
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - now things get busy…..

Sam wrote:
2021 FOF Bonus and Royalty Checks are Being sent Out!

By Samantha Blackwell

It's that time of the year again and royalty and bonus checks are being sent out. This year includes the final royalties for Prime Video in addition to the music royalties. If you have changed addresses and contact information please contact us so we can send you your money in time for Christmas. Season's greetings and happy holidays to all at FOF and IAIJ!

https://fofrecords.com

FOF RECORDS: CUTTING EDGE MUSIC!

We will pay out royalties to musicians and actors/actresses before closing the file on the videos. We could open it up again if we get views or if IMDB TV cuts us a cheque (all our shows can be watched on IMDB) but I highly doubt it unless the advocacy takes off. And yes we still have one last contract for Prime Video open and active as I checked it Thursday night. Next year will be a new reality for pay-checks but the label should offer more too - a real record label for the reopening of the music industry.

I’ll add more videos to the IAIJ YouTube Channel today and just keep going on that file.

I’m seeing optimism with Omicron. Still not one single death with this variant but smothering Delta. That’s the vibe now in South Africa - over there the idea is just to “let it rip”. I’ll just keep my fingers crossed.

Me? Just chilling - Im watching Casablanca but with audio commentary from the greatest of film critics Roger Ebert which is a plus when you go DVD! I’ll watch this as I eat dinner and maybe sip on a glass of wine. Apart from my usual routine this is all I get these days for entertainment. There is just too much going on and even posting updates happens whenever I have the time!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/2o8FLdIIVeg
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I basically slept through Saturday. I did wash the car and give the two houses a look through outside while it was warm and dry. And that was about it.

I also added a few videos to the IAIJ YouTube channel. I did watch the “41 Year Old Virgin” which is a stupid movie made by comedians. This movie makes “Dude, Where’s my Car?” Look like “Citizen Kane”. Anyway enough of that.

I’ll try to cram more stuff on Sunday.

Oh - pandemic - the booster gives 70 percent efficacy for two shots of AZ and Pfizer and three shots of Pfizer gives 75 percent. I was surprised the AZ mix is 5 behind as with Delta it was less than a percent mixed. With a mutated strain I was guessing a better result. Anyway real world is better but the results do support my statement a few days ago. 40-41 drop for Omicron and 25 boost for the booster. Delta was 90 percent efficacy so 75 is spot on. What nobody talks about is 2 dose and a few months in - I’d say 50 percent right now, it’s still there but really struggling. The only good part is mild symptoms.

Oh - all sites went down for awhile - shit happens - but we are back up!

Goodnight…..

(NSFW) Don’t click the link as it’s not worth it.
https://youtu.be/UXp5o9SFEo0

See - I told you it was not worth it!

https://youtu.be/L7z_UnYrgrw

https://youtu.be/CkdyU_eUm1U
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big news today is that it seems the scientific community has given up on sentient AI based on binary computing systems. That really leaves quantum computing for sentience. The only question now is about time and it’s perception. But given the narrow use of quantum computing - is - is it even worth development? I fear that people will pursue this path and as such they need a base engram to ensure the survival of humanity.

The best way to do this is by embodying any potential sentient AI with the positive mandate as the primary engram as a precaution and as a humanitarian gift of a right to any being that becomes sentient under human control. So in this case I was right and my arguments to the adoption of the positive mandate for AI use is more supported than it was two weeks ago. The only thing to do now is to get the word out. I secured sentientai.net and will activate it shortly.

I own this - this is my fight - I was a kid at the dinner table in the 1980s when qubits were talked about. And now 40 years later I can act. The original players here from that era are now all in their 80s if they are still alive, so it’s up to their kids to handle the job now This is all on me now - the sins of the father…..

How’s the kid doing now!

So now the advocacy opens on two major fronts for the positive mandate.

Things are okay now. Just stay healthy and get the word out. To that extent I have the best protection a man can get. Just make the play and get the word out!

I was going to have lots of swearing in this post, but I’ll take the high road.

This is a good day! Hubba…..hubba…..hubba…..

Goodnight….

https://youtu.be/ObbVO3A3BvA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 357, 358, 359 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 358 of 416

Jump to: