Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 345, 346, 347 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A do nothing day for Wednesday.

I’ve really been pushing things for the last month, so today is a do nothing day. I took the folks out for a ride. Washed the car and mowed the front lawn. Take it easy while I can.

I’m talking to my gang about the record label post-pandemic and listening to new music. Another new one today, if you click the links here at least you will be current on the music scene. I’m not into top 40 as I can’t stand the auto tuned and filtered sound unless it’s original creative material. But here you won’t get trapped in time if you are 40 and up. Sooner or later you will get hooked by some genre I’m passing by - and then you are current and not some old geezer living in the past. The top 40 isn’t all that is current - I know that and so will you if you open up yourself to it.

Today it’s CRYPTA that is a band I came across at a guitarist competition. It’s an all girl band and they are cute but know their stuff! And those vocals! I would give them better lyrics and have the drummer go a bit heavier but this is a band with a lot of potential. Not the Spice Girls that’s for sure…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/tRK5MH8SP4I
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is my end game or end play…..

Check this out:

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/un-chief-calls-global-new-social-contract

Well he asked for one and I’m delivering it!

Secretary General of the United Nations: António Gutérrez

This year it’s the WTO and the UN in September and then the World Bank in October. In 2022 it is the Global Social Contract at the Commission for Social Development and if I get shut out then that gives me the right to a direct appeal to the Secretary General to give him what he wants! I will be the loneliest man on earth at that time - but I’m a lone wolf anyway. Now the current five year term for the current Secretary General (António Guterres) ends January 1 (2022) which is too late for me but typically I believe it is two five year terms. So it has a chance.

What gives me the right to bother the Secretary General of the United Nations? The fact that I have what he wants…..

Look at it this way: What would you say to him if you got a chance and didn’t waste his time? No idea - then I guess you will not be meeting him….. I at least have something he wants, and very few have what I have. So I have a chance…..

I’m 61 now and I wonder what the younger me would have thought about all this in my creative prime. As a child I did fantasize about me walking up the steps to the UN and that happened. Man of the world - sure - if not me than who - really…..who? He would probably be impressed or simply would not believe it. And so in this case the old fart scores one on the kid. Really, there is no advantage to getting old, but I tried what I’m doing now back in my 20s and failed so miserably. Things haven’t changed and yet I thrive now at my age!

Anyway that’s the plan - that’s the play. Play things out!

https://youtu.be/6CMZSw7vS8M
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catch up day…..

I tweaked the WTO app and derived the source code which will be in the updated paper on the WTO. That will probably happen Friday morning but on the weekend for sure.

Longing for companionship as this pandemic screws up a single man’s life. Forget about the advocacy screw up, you have all kinds of stuff screwed up because of the pandemic. But at my age it all has this last gasp of finality around it even though my biological age is much younger that my actual age. It all just sucks!

I know, I know; I’m not alone but what a time to have things get screwed up. Maybe pandemic time gets me into places, but maybe it doesn’t and all it does is mess up your personal life. A memorable quip attributed to me is that for much of my life I had no life, now I have a life, just no personal life. That is it right there in a nut shell - but I’m sure I’m not alone…..

Anyway, in the music is Alissa White-Gluz (from Canada) making music videos with - of all bands: Powerwolf?

That’s Powerwolf in the label signing photo above. Alissa - our fantasy gaming girl icon with Arch Enemy has gone even more hardcore and now sprouts horns in her latest music video a day ago with Powerwolf. Why? Why? And why Powerwolf?

I’m not even going to link it as it’s too heavy, you get Ladybaby instead.

Anyway - Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/M8-vje-bq9c
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, some of the last orders of physical media we will ever deal with…..

And with the exception (and yes - I started a paragraph with “And”) of maybe six more CDs - that is it for physical media at FOF. Anyway I have to deliver a box of CDs to Pize and talk about the future of music and the label. It’s all very much a go now. Me and music - that’s the twilight zone.

I’ll also import the source code of our voting app into Android Studio and mess around with it here. A Global Social Contract based on happiness and giving every human a vote. It’s ideological heaven, so it doesn’t stand a chance - of course the guy pushing this looks like the devil - so all bets are off! This “is” an adventure…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/B48xIcvgzYM
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of things…..

The app in Android Studio!

I slept through most of Saturday but feel pretty good making up for all that lost sleep. I did get to import our Android app into the latest version of Android Studio and see what it looks like in the emulator. Everything is as it should be but on the first screen the notifications seem to large, but even so it’s not large enough to keep the participation button from showing. But I may just tweak that web view by actually defining the height in pixels and keeping the width automatic and see what that looks like. As I’m now using Android Studio I may update the “made by” notification in the settings.

Other things…..

An AirTag as a key ring!

AirTags get my “seal of approval”! My dad decided to take a walk without telling anyone and my sister got concerned so I gave the locator Apple “AirTag” a shot and it showed where we was (checking out people at a shopping mall near his place) and then starting to walk back. Ok, this was not exactly an Alzheimer patient getting lost but it did show just how well the tags worked! It showed his location at two minute intervals it seems and thus direction. It will also show the battery level in the field which is an added bonus even though the batteries last a year and are user replaceable.

I was impressed with the AirTags! So the next day I dropped dad and my sister off a mile or so from the house to test the things again and it worked as before! These things work by Ultra Wide Band tech (UWB)/NFC and we originality used it just to find his keys in the house. Bluetooth can also be of use but UWB is its strength. Outside it pings when it gets near another iPhone through Bluetooth/NFC so no guarantees but there are enough iPhones saturating Toronto that it works better than expected. When the tag gets near another iPhone with NFC enabled it pings and gets sent to the mothership though the iPhone network. There are a lot of moral questions here but from this application it really works. Especially since old folks who wander off are usually found dead in a park from exposure. Because these work off iPhones it works in parks as people walk, bike and exercise with wireless headphones (Bluetooth) through their iPhones and thus increases the value of the AirTags in this application. Neat - even if the location is lost just send a group of family and friends to the last location with their iPhones on and ferret the dude out. I have to add this but seeing its use via other iPhones makes it almost obligatory for you walk with and turn on your Bluetooth when I am hiking for example. People can actually put a distress message or find my message with the AirTag so if you use it, then “man/woman up” and make your phone available especially in remote areas.

So this bit of tech gets my approval and probably for kids too. Lots a peace of mind with this tech. I’ll stay away from the other problems like tracking a spouse and all that. But for this application and kids it has value.

I’m also getting a bunch of bad luck. As much as it sucks I’ll take it now as I’m hoping for good luck in the advocacy. Just the usual crap I won’t bother you with. One example was my new glasses breaking a few months ago costing me hundreds. That kind of bad luck. It sucks and can bother you but it’s better than finding out you have cancer or some chronic disease. All you can do is put it in perspective and deal with it going forward. This it for now…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/bTgmt-n2BRY
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll give you an early one tonight…..

Technically we opened up from lockdown on Friday, but you could have fooled me. It looked like the malls were open as the large stores had lineups of people there, but that was just them and the inside was take out only. So I just went to the Starbucks and left. What a letdown.

If my old dive bar was still around I would have had a beer on the patio and tipped the bar maid 20 bucks, but that was another fantasy. It’s the same as usual with the only change that you can go in a big box store or small outside stores. I was thinking of upgrading the iPhone to the new model if it had Touch ID for mask wearing but we should be maskless by then. So I’ll probably keep this thing as planned.

One boring weekend actually.

The app seems good to go with a few tweaks and that is it. I’ll give the WTO paper a quick read and make that and the phone app easier to find at IAIJ. Then we just wait for the bad news…..

Travel seems doable now that I’m fully vaccinated. This is the best time for me - yet you all know the odds. So the odds are still bad but they are the best for me with the pandemic still here: Glass have full or half empty? I wavier back and forth, and really it just depends on the day. The problem with adventures are that they are adventures - anything can happen and especially bad things. That’s why people love movies: Get lost in an adventure but nice and safe and over in two and a half hours. Women fantasize about men in adventures, but do they really want to be in the thick of it? Mostly “no” from my experience. Indiana Jones gets old for most women when you have to pee in the open or take the inevitable shit behind a tree - that part is never in the movies. Drink water from a stream and lord knows what happened up stream. Sleep on the ground with the animals and bugs - fun…..

You have to be of a certain breed to do what I do. No regrets on the money I spent for the experiences and things we did. We got - I got - lucky that way. Time - this is where the women make the right choice; marry the boring guy and start a family rather than chase guys like me. In the end they have a family and legacy to show for all the hassle and toil. My way means it could all be for nothing. I actually got somewhere but not all the way there yet. But would you stake your life on something like this?

I guess I’m not a family man so better to do this than a lonely single life with no chances taken. That was my choice - what has happened since 2003 or a paid up house and money in the bank and a wasted life with no starting over. On balance and with the options soon to come I did it right even if I fail. I was worth the shot! And it is not over- it’s not over yet!

And this is what happens during down times. You just reflect - the good thing is that it never lasts and something new will come up. So you women keep fantasizing - or hoping I fail to justify your personal safer choices in life. Then again it may not be victory or defeat but something in between - what then? So what is the difference between a fool and a visionary? Maybe talent and luck. But you need talent, and many say I’m good at this, so maybe I have a chance if I’m lucky. And just remember that real life isn’t a TV show.

Keeps you coming here every now and then - to check up on things, but things may play out fast - or take decades……Hehehehe…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/KOvAP_Hd7xg
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes: I got lots done on Monday. It started with me turning back the clock on some Friday bad luck to the tune of 130 bucks - but it turned out better than before - that’s saying something!

The notification bar is that white bar above l.

The WTO stuff is reviewed and out there. The paper is presentable and I tweaked the app a bit. The intro screen notification bar is set at around 100 pixels high no mater the size of the phone. That should keep it from getting too big on the phablets. Now I just wait…..

Good thing I sleep in on Saturdays, but stuff got done, stuff is happening. It’s crazy but with a ring of truth in there; so people just look at you like a dog they’re not sure of, and so they don’t come out and call you crazy. Like walking the edge of a razor…..

https://youtu.be/LoF_a0-7xVQ
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick one…..

The WTO matter is now out of my hands. We just have to wait and see. I am in the unusual place of having time on my hands. Washed and waxed the car. One more year and then the powertrain warranty is up - how did five years go so fast? The water pump is going on strong and now coming up on like two
months without a leak - what up with that?

Time to relax - long time coming and it never lasts…..

Later….

https://youtu.be/eJQTGxZCBI8
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok the music business starting to clunk back to life.

Not there yet but I’m going to try to make a simple music video for The Brawler’s song Gangzall Here. It will just be fighting and drinking and boyz being boyz - that sort of thing. We’ll see how that goes.

I did get the last of the CDs in on Monday. The Amazon man rings my door bell and runs back to his van and there on my door step is two packages with the last of the CDs. The kids just smirk at this nostalgia for an (in their eyes) obsolete format. Anyway, CDs are still “eye candy” when impoverished bands release material and want to hold on to something. Occasionally a radio/TV host will slip up and ask a musician when the next CD is released. That is ok and not much a faux pas for the veterans as it is for the newbies. It is what it is what it is.

My last DVDs (on the right)!

That was the CDs, DVDs but especially Bluray may linger a bit with 4K/8k and surround sound but the writing is on the walls. I got my last DVDs of my movie and TV series and that is all there ever will be…..

This type of nostalgic lament also points to just how old you are getting. I still have a brand new dual tape deck - just in case. A brand new super VHS deck (with the scrolling wheel) just in case. Only ancient methuselahs have that kind of “kit” hanging around and I must now call myself one of them.

I would leave it all to the kids and “and hang up my sneakers” for good - but I tried what I’m doing now at their age and I couldn’t do it and they can’t either. So I still do my dance on the international stage. Next up is the World Bank again and that brass ring that is the UN when all the world leaders go there. Hope springs eternal…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/zhjSGToN1Xs

https://youtu.be/VuddiKKzlV8
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I’ll add one more thing.....

I stand little chance – and – think about this – who else do you know trying something like this?

So I have little chance and I’m the only one doing this. My ideas offer everyone in the world the freedom to go as far as they can in school, work, they can date and marry anyone they wish without restrictions, they can think, speak and write what is on their mind; and everyone on earth has a vote that counts and all is doable with little disruption in the way their lives are currently lived! What more do you want and what more do I need to do!

The Fates!

Seriously, this is some kind of joke or some kind of madness that this is always a losing battle. You all want this so what up with it? I just had to push that bit of a rant as I wait and take care of things. Right now it’s keeping the Global Social Contract paper under one name without dates as Google gives up the link to a paper for a date that does not exist anymore. I tested the latest version of the WTO voting app and it all works. I punched this out on a word processor as Apple Notes turns everything I write into incomprehensible babble I have to reread and correct at least three times! That is the least of my worries though.

This – is – so much closer than you think even if the probabilities are always crappy - yet I do this as a lone wolf. So be it, but sometimes you have to wonder where the reasoning actually is?

Anyway…..

https://youtu.be/cRHcHl8H_v0
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of things.

First off is the mess Bruce Springsteen and his gang got into with vaccine requirements at his Broadway Show. He will require proof of full dose vaccination for entry, but if you got AstraZeneca - then “no bueno” and goodbye! Now I’m also a small-time concert promoter (though I don’t really promote that fact) and this is the stuff that you have to deal with and never really was on your radar. What they really meant was US FDA approved vaccines such as Pfizer, Moderna and J&J. Note that the Johnson vaccine is basically the AstraZeneca vaccine with even less efficacy but still gets you in because it was FDA approved.

This controversy is pure acid for Springsteen’s brand as his fan base is the older folk who were most likely to be vaccinated with AstraZeneca abroad and Broadway is a visited hotspot in New York. They will no doubt tweak the messaging but this really has blown up more than it should be. I have family in the States and I can tell you they really don’t think about foreigners over there unless it directly affects them like it will here as Springsteen enters Broadway. Trust me if you have AstraZeneca and travel to New York and you go to the Springsteen show, they will put a crown on your head and a sceptre in your hands to make this story go away. And if they don’t then go watch Ted Nugent when he goes back to touring - but not in 2021…..

More music stuff with me watching a new cover of Disturbed’s “Down with the Sickness”. A different take with two women but they did the whole song which included the controversial “child abuse” lyrics that were obviously absent from the original music video that had to air on TV. Just strange to see the earlier stuff as opposed to the newer “unsanitized” material. Like the US Navy band trying to break out of its stodgy image, I’m glad it’s more positive than negative for them as they deliberately push the envelope.

Remember, I’m the free expression guy…..

Goodnight…..

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/ei3IaJDgZGk

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/09LTT0xwdfw
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shucks - I was wrong…..

No, apparently Springsteen won’t give you a crown and sceptre if you have AstraZeneca vaccinations. The list is growing and me thinks legal liability may also be a reason. Here are four so far doing this:

Madison Square Gardens
Late Night with Stephen Colbert
Springsteen
Foo Fighters

The list will grow for sure. My government says they will ensure there is no vaccine discrimination, but these are private enterprises and can do what they want just like a government. The only thing the government can do is offer people like me another two shots of MRNA vaccines to avoid any border or accessibility problems. That sucks but seems the only way in the short term. Hotels can decide to take only FDA vaccinated. Large stadiums my require it - but some have the “anti-vaxxer”area where unmasked and un-vaccinated folk will cough all over you. Good luck with those medical bills if you fall ill!

We shall see what happens but I need 5 weeks minimum to get this done before travelling. Switzerland has approved the same vaccines as the States there so maybe the same issues as the States. So I may be in a “pickle” but with the PrimeMinster, the Premier of my Province and my Mayor all vaccinated with AstraZeneca - the way forward seems clear. Hours after the Springsteen story broke Health Canada says they recommend Mrna vaccines for second doses for AstraZeneca. This officially ends AstraZeneca use use in Canada. Me thinks - again - they know the AstraZeneca people will have to revaccinated so the second dose becomes the first MRNA and guys like me will have to start all over.

In the end science does not rule - but social norms do. The Americans can let in whoever they want and American business can do as it pleases. I will just have to bend to their wishes.

Well at the end of the day I’ll be the most protected guy on earth with four doses at once…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/AiaOSGZTwtY
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll offer up some more as I try to get the full communication from NACI and Health Canada…..

I’m putting this out there as it’s some time-capsule trivia about the pandemic and so on. So while they recommend stopping AstraZeneca and going full on MRNA they did mention the heart inflammation concerns with Pfizer that was not made public. They also said - and I still can’t confirm this - that the AstraZeneca folk may need a third shot - Third shot? Of what? This was not mentioned publicly either. So if this is true then most AstraZeneca folk will be two dose MRNA anyway.

Now this puts a dude like me in a weird spot. There is maybe 16,000 (rounded up from 15,000 on June 5) of the 1.7 million here that got the AstraZeneca first dose and second. Most like me didn’t have any choice in the matter as the rest do now. So at the end of the day most Canadians will be like the States in having MRNA shots with 1 in 25,000 stuck in vaccine hell with 2 shots that may as well be Sputnik 5. This has less to do with efficacy and all to do with the practicality of “vaccine passports” as I travel regularly to New York and one by one I can see how this is going to screw me over. I’d also be curious to see if there is a silent second class here in Canada for AstraZeneca folk - human sociology being what it is.

Want to see the Knicks? Not with AstraZeneca!

And yes we are talking about 1 out of 25,000 right now in Canada and the States. Nobody cares unless some get vocal about this up here. So I’m talking for all these folk right now, and they deserve to be revaccinated with the common vaccine in North America even if it’s only for convenience. I say this because our Solicitor General said they won’t do this on top of everything that happened on Thursday. I think they will have to. And not just here in the big city but also our much maligned “First People’s” who were supposed to get MRNA but got AstraZeneca instead. Didn’t expect to hear that bit of trivia….. Yo! Yo All! That bit of trivia didn’t escape this journalist. They need to be revaccinated - end of story!

Forget about going here with AstraZeneca!

I also have a beef with mixing vaccines when we still don’t know if it is better at preventing Covid 19 infection or severity. We only have “immune response” and they are not the same. The answer again is not one shot of either, but two and in North America the response should have been switched to two shots of MRNA after that first AstraZeneca shot. That may come to pass and that will be the third shot. Prior to that it should have been two shots AZ. That is what they should have done instead of risking health when all the data is not in yet. Don’t fuck with peoples lives! So now you know why I’m pushing revaccination. We have 9 million more doses of Mrna coming in this month alone. Give away the 600,000 AstraZeneca to another country and be done with it. And even two shots of Pfizer is no guarantee you won’t die, one guy died with double shots of Pfizer the other day, he was 80 but nothing is for sure - you all just keep that in mind. Just under 7,000 people here caught Covid after a Pfizer shot. Many who work at hospitals here got Covid after double doses of Pfizer - just some reality that does not make the news.

So, what if they do nothing for us AstraZeneca refugees? Well the States does not care about me but could find a reason to deny me entry (at the worst possible time) based on the vaccine. They can do whatever they want at the border. Seriously, I may have to drive down to Buffalo or Detroit and get vaccinated in the States. Two trips before anything critical has to be done there. Those receipts from Walgreens or CVS would not be questioned at the border or any event in the States - but why would I have to do this? We shall see what happens going forward but other Canadians like me who deal with the UN are talking like this right now…..

Later…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES, YES, and - - - YES…..

Good news…..

Antonio Guterres to serve a 2nd term as UN Secretary General:

https://news.un.org/en/story/2021/06/1094282

Secretary General of the United Nations: António Gutérrez

He wants a new global social contract - I intended to give it to him! I have looked around and nothing comes close to what I have. After all the bad luck so far - this is good news!

Good stuff! Everything is still a go!

This is a good day…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late one as I slept in on Saturday as usual.

So things are still in play at the UN. A social contract based on happiness that prevents discrimination - even types yet to be discovered - because I was careful to kept the concept broad enough to cover it all instead of just naming them in the concept’s foundation. I consider this the best social contract ever devised. Ask anyone about a global social contract and they will just give you a confused look. My version has that recognition and simplicity with it that people can now buy into the idea and embrace it.

I love the fact it is still unknown and yet can change the world. You move among your species and yet have that kind of power with you. Not power for you - that would be petty - but power with you that you can change things a for the better. So that’s my pep-talk tonight…..

It won’t be easy or happen at all but you have to try and certainly at this stage. I even think of others to carry on here if something happens to me. Like the song says “The dream never dies, just the dreamer”.

In other news…..

I went downtown with the family to check out the Ryerson Statue that was defaced because of the residential school crises here in Canada. I graduated there and my dad taught there, but old man Ryerson was gone and all that was left is the graffiti - which I photographed and will show you tomorrrow. For now, here are some photos of his head. Yes, after pouring read pint over the statute’s head it was later decapitated and found mounted on a pole on First People’s land.

What else…..

The AstraZeneca stuff is still a hot topic. Now that we have ditched the vaccine, those who have it in their system feel short changed. They literally are as AstraZeneca can only be sold at cost during the pandemic - an idea I endorse - but the public perception over here seems to be leaning to a second class perception for those that got the shot. Most will only have one dose. But others like me will have a passport that says AstraZeneca two doses. There are only about 18,000 of us as a guesstimate, but I can see this being a problem as vaccine passports become a “thing”. I could be barred from places or be forced to go to a cordoned off area for leper’s of my kind. Dating for me could be compromised as who wants to date a Astra man - could still be infected. Add to this a hockey team captain that is of an age to have had two shots of Astra and still got it - not a good look in the public eye.

I’m kind of glad this happened to me as I was previously muzzled because I got the jab before anyone else and got the second before anyone else. Now, I am back in my element doing my thing. We got an extra two million MRNA vaccines on top of the nine million expected. That should cover the Astra people in this country. They will just have to revaccinate to the current North American standard. If you create another class system based on vaccination it can all be corrected for 35 dollars per person - so why not? And after all that - I will go to Madison Square Gardens just to test this out and be told we don’t use vaccine passports anymore: THIS IS AMERICA! All that hassle for nothing…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/i54CXSEz31s
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 345, 346, 347 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 346 of 416

Jump to: