Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 344, 345, 346

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A do nothing day for Wednesday.

I’ve really been pushing things for the last month, so today is a do nothing day. I took the folks out for a ride. Washed the car and mowed the front lawn. Take it easy while I can.

I’m talking to my gang about the record label post-pandemic and listening to new music. Another new one today, if you click the links here at least you will be current on the music scene. I’m not into top 40 as I can’t stand the auto tuned and filtered sound unless it’s original creative material. But here you won’t get trapped in time if you are 40 and up. Sooner or later you will get hooked by some genre I’m passing by - and then you are current and not some old geezer living in the past. The top 40 isn’t all that is current - I know that and so will you if you open up yourself to it.

Today it’s CRYPTA that is a band I came across at a guitarist competition. It’s an all girl band and they are cute but know their stuff! And those vocals! I would give them better lyrics and have the drummer go a bit heavier but this is a band with a lot of potential. Not the Spice Girls that’s for sure…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/tRK5MH8SP4I
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is my end game or end play…..

Check this out:

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/un-chief-calls-global-new-social-contract

Well he asked for one and I’m delivering it!

Secretary General of the United Nations: António Gutérrez

This year it’s the WTO and the UN in September and then the World Bank in October. In 2022 it is the Global Social Contract at the Commission for Social Development and if I get shut out then that gives me the right to a direct appeal to the Secretary General to give him what he wants! I will be the loneliest man on earth at that time - but I’m a lone wolf anyway. Now the current five year term for the current Secretary General (António Guterres) ends January 1 (2022) which is too late for me but typically I believe it is two five year terms. So it has a chance.

What gives me the right to bother the Secretary General of the United Nations? The fact that I have what he wants…..

Look at it this way: What would you say to him if you got a chance and didn’t waste his time? No idea - then I guess you will not be meeting him….. I at least have something he wants, and very few have what I have. So I have a chance…..

I’m 61 now and I wonder what the younger me would have thought about all this in my creative prime. As a child I did fantasize about me walking up the steps to the UN and that happened. Man of the world - sure - if not me than who - really…..who? He would probably be impressed or simply would not believe it. And so in this case the old fart scores one on the kid. Really, there is no advantage to getting old, but I tried what I’m doing now back in my 20s and failed so miserably. Things haven’t changed and yet I thrive now at my age!

Anyway that’s the plan - that’s the play. Play things out!

https://youtu.be/6CMZSw7vS8M
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catch up day…..

I tweaked the WTO app and derived the source code which will be in the updated paper on the WTO. That will probably happen Friday morning but on the weekend for sure.

Longing for companionship as this pandemic screws up a single man’s life. Forget about the advocacy screw up, you have all kinds of stuff screwed up because of the pandemic. But at my age it all has this last gasp of finality around it even though my biological age is much younger that my actual age. It all just sucks!

I know, I know; I’m not alone but what a time to have things get screwed up. Maybe pandemic time gets me into places, but maybe it doesn’t and all it does is mess up your personal life. A memorable quip attributed to me is that for much of my life I had no life, now I have a life, just no personal life. That is it right there in a nut shell - but I’m sure I’m not alone…..

Anyway, in the music is Alissa White-Gluz (from Canada) making music videos with - of all bands: Powerwolf?

That’s Powerwolf in the label signing photo above. Alissa - our fantasy gaming girl icon with Arch Enemy has gone even more hardcore and now sprouts horns in her latest music video a day ago with Powerwolf. Why? Why? And why Powerwolf?

I’m not even going to link it as it’s too heavy, you get Ladybaby instead.

Anyway - Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/M8-vje-bq9c
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, some of the last orders of physical media we will ever deal with…..

And with the exception (and yes - I started a paragraph with “And”) of maybe six more CDs - that is it for physical media at FOF. Anyway I have to deliver a box of CDs to Pize and talk about the future of music and the label. It’s all very much a go now. Me and music - that’s the twilight zone.

I’ll also import the source code of our voting app into Android Studio and mess around with it here. A Global Social Contract based on happiness and giving every human a vote. It’s ideological heaven, so it doesn’t stand a chance - of course the guy pushing this looks like the devil - so all bets are off! This “is” an adventure…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/B48xIcvgzYM
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of things…..

The app in Android Studio!

I slept through most of Saturday but feel pretty good making up for all that lost sleep. I did get to import our Android app into the latest version of Android Studio and see what it looks like in the emulator. Everything is as it should be but on the first screen the notifications seem to large, but even so it’s not large enough to keep the participation button from showing. But I may just tweak that web view by actually defining the height in pixels and keeping the width automatic and see what that looks like. As I’m now using Android Studio I may update the “made by” notification in the settings.

Other things…..

An AirTag as a key ring!

AirTags get my “seal of approval”! My dad decided to take a walk without telling anyone and my sister got concerned so I gave the locator Apple “AirTag” a shot and it showed where we was (checking out people at a shopping mall near his place) and then starting to walk back. Ok, this was not exactly an Alzheimer patient getting lost but it did show just how well the tags worked! It showed his location at two minute intervals it seems and thus direction. It will also show the battery level in the field which is an added bonus even though the batteries last a year and are user replaceable.

I was impressed with the AirTags! So the next day I dropped dad and my sister off a mile or so from the house to test the things again and it worked as before! These things work by Ultra Wide Band tech (UWB)/NFC and we originality used it just to find his keys in the house. Bluetooth can also be of use but UWB is its strength. Outside it pings when it gets near another iPhone through Bluetooth/NFC so no guarantees but there are enough iPhones saturating Toronto that it works better than expected. When the tag gets near another iPhone with NFC enabled it pings and gets sent to the mothership though the iPhone network. There are a lot of moral questions here but from this application it really works. Especially since old folks who wander off are usually found dead in a park from exposure. Because these work off iPhones it works in parks as people walk, bike and exercise with wireless headphones (Bluetooth) through their iPhones and thus increases the value of the AirTags in this application. Neat - even if the location is lost just send a group of family and friends to the last location with their iPhones on and ferret the dude out. I have to add this but seeing its use via other iPhones makes it almost obligatory for you walk with and turn on your Bluetooth when I am hiking for example. People can actually put a distress message or find my message with the AirTag so if you use it, then “man/woman up” and make your phone available especially in remote areas.

So this bit of tech gets my approval and probably for kids too. Lots a peace of mind with this tech. I’ll stay away from the other problems like tracking a spouse and all that. But for this application and kids it has value.

I’m also getting a bunch of bad luck. As much as it sucks I’ll take it now as I’m hoping for good luck in the advocacy. Just the usual crap I won’t bother you with. One example was my new glasses breaking a few months ago costing me hundreds. That kind of bad luck. It sucks and can bother you but it’s better than finding out you have cancer or some chronic disease. All you can do is put it in perspective and deal with it going forward. This it for now…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/bTgmt-n2BRY
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll give you an early one tonight…..

Technically we opened up from lockdown on Friday, but you could have fooled me. It looked like the malls were open as the large stores had lineups of people there, but that was just them and the inside was take out only. So I just went to the Starbucks and left. What a letdown.

If my old dive bar was still around I would have had a beer on the patio and tipped the bar maid 20 bucks, but that was another fantasy. It’s the same as usual with the only change that you can go in a big box store or small outside stores. I was thinking of upgrading the iPhone to the new model if it had Touch ID for mask wearing but we should be maskless by then. So I’ll probably keep this thing as planned.

One boring weekend actually.

The app seems good to go with a few tweaks and that is it. I’ll give the WTO paper a quick read and make that and the phone app easier to find at IAIJ. Then we just wait for the bad news…..

Travel seems doable now that I’m fully vaccinated. This is the best time for me - yet you all know the odds. So the odds are still bad but they are the best for me with the pandemic still here: Glass have full or half empty? I wavier back and forth, and really it just depends on the day. The problem with adventures are that they are adventures - anything can happen and especially bad things. That’s why people love movies: Get lost in an adventure but nice and safe and over in two and a half hours. Women fantasize about men in adventures, but do they really want to be in the thick of it? Mostly “no” from my experience. Indiana Jones gets old for most women when you have to pee in the open or take the inevitable shit behind a tree - that part is never in the movies. Drink water from a stream and lord knows what happened up stream. Sleep on the ground with the animals and bugs - fun…..

You have to be of a certain breed to do what I do. No regrets on the money I spent for the experiences and things we did. We got - I got - lucky that way. Time - this is where the women make the right choice; marry the boring guy and start a family rather than chase guys like me. In the end they have a family and legacy to show for all the hassle and toil. My way means it could all be for nothing. I actually got somewhere but not all the way there yet. But would you stake your life on something like this?

I guess I’m not a family man so better to do this than a lonely single life with no chances taken. That was my choice - what has happened since 2003 or a paid up house and money in the bank and a wasted life with no starting over. On balance and with the options soon to come I did it right even if I fail. I was worth the shot! And it is not over- it’s not over yet!

And this is what happens during down times. You just reflect - the good thing is that it never lasts and something new will come up. So you women keep fantasizing - or hoping I fail to justify your personal safer choices in life. Then again it may not be victory or defeat but something in between - what then? So what is the difference between a fool and a visionary? Maybe talent and luck. But you need talent, and many say I’m good at this, so maybe I have a chance if I’m lucky. And just remember that real life isn’t a TV show.

Keeps you coming here every now and then - to check up on things, but things may play out fast - or take decades……Hehehehe…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/KOvAP_Hd7xg
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes: I got lots done on Monday. It started with me turning back the clock on some Friday bad luck to the tune of 130 bucks - but it turned out better than before - that’s saying something!

The WTO stuff is reviewed and out there. The paper is presentable and I tweaked the app a bit. The intro screen notification bar is set at around 100 pixels high no mater the size of the phone. That should keep it from getting too big on the phablets. Now I just wait…..

Good thing I sleep in on Saturdays, but stuff got done, stuff is happening. It’s crazy but with a ring of truth in there; so people just look at you like a dog they’re not sure of, and so they don’t come out and call you crazy. Like walking the edge of a razor…..

https://youtu.be/LoF_a0-7xVQ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 344, 345, 346
Page 346 of 346

Jump to: