Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 337, 338, 339 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got a lot done so far on Saturday!

I got two backups of the blog done, one with fewer pictures but at around 133mb and the full archive at almost half a gig. This was something I wanted to do and never really got around to – but it is done! I still haven’t fixed the charset problem for a few years where the browser doesn’t show the Microsoft Office extra characters. I thought this was a database issue but looking into the database backups the characters are still there? Something to look into at a later date.

I still would like to save this old board and update it a bit but real problems are here. I guess the best thing is just to keep it stable for as long as possible. I will have a completely new board for when this one bites the dust and the huge archives like the blog will be there in pdf form for those interested.

We are basically at the half way mark of this vacation under lockdown, but stuff is actually getting done. But that back up was a nice treat. I’ll take a break from the board stuff and catch up on the IAIJ stuff and the other things that got left on the back burner. This is turnaround time on the vacation. I have to preen myself up now, and start exercising a bit more so I’m not totally flabby when I go back to the usual routine. But I’ve earned a break today…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the first very rough draft of the global social contract and it comes in at 24 pages. We now just keep at it.

The Tim Cook letter has its first rough draft and we keep at that.

The secondary board continues to be a work in progress. Like I said yesterday the big news was getting those personal blog backups done. Now is just having a version for reference if it does not break the data bank for visitors. I'm looking at a zipped file of that huge one thousand page set of pdfs that truncated many photos. If I can get that packet down to about 80mbs I think that is tolerable. You just keep at it.

The vacation carries on though. Work at my dad's place and things to do at my place sprinkled in with this other work. Things need to change in how I run things here but that can wait until the pandemic ends or mitigates. Time is running out and life gets harder by the simple fact that you are getting older. You look at stuff differently now. Take my car, once upon a time the car was the number one priority in my life in my 20s. Now it's desirable but still just a thing. It can get in a car wreck; I start it in the coldest days outside when I would have taken more trouble to have parked it my garage where it's warmer. "These days' having your health is what matters. Cars can be replaced but chronic illness really messes things up. No point dwelling on missed opportunities of the past because you never had a chance. Once you come to terms with that you can still move ahead. Realize that everyone is forgotten in the end. Only the new ideas matter - when last did you think about Bob Hope, or any of the others who don't have a holiday named after them? You see they all get forgotten no mater what they did. You really are smaller than you think as time goes by and you die. We all want legacy, we all want it - but the reality is that when we die there will be a small memorial service and a week later it will be as if that person didn't exist for all but family and close friends.

And so it goes with me, as we all want our name in the history books. But when people run across that name does it even matter? You are gone and dead so you get no benefit. All that matters is the ideas and concepts and philosophies that may get adopted and handed down from generation to generation. They live on as people adopt them into their lives. I know very little of my mother and fathers parents. So much for relatives, and so much for individual accomplishments. We are all just animated vessels of which 70 percent is water. Our elements are worthless; reading about some name attached to some idea means less than the idea itself. Reading about how an idea or concept or philosophy came to being has relevance but only as it related to that idea, concept or philosophy people adopt. Otherwise it is invisible as well as the people behind it. I wouldn't mind a brown face peering back at readers in some history book of philosophy as in the west they all seem white. But that's just me in my life at this point in time. My little blog only needs to be archived as to how all this came to be - and - only if people eventually embrace it. So that was what is going on about the board and the blog. A blog about just my life without the advocacy is very bad non-fiction at best - and others are better at it than me.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just more of the same and progress on all fronts.

What I’ll do today is give you an update on stuff…..

Apple watch: I wasn’t sure about this purchase but now I am. It gives me the freedom to leave my phone for hours on end without the withdrawal as phone calls, texts and emails still get though. Only the vital stuff plus Facebook, Instagram and Twitter - the bare essentials. The Apple Watch 6 was no upgrade at all and I don’t need glucose monitoring with the seven so I could keep this watch for a while. The stainless and sapphire model was the right move as it looks like a traditional watch. I baby the battery on this thing to make it last as long as possible, but I may just replace the battery and keep it rocking in the years to come.

iPhone Pro Max: I held out as long as possible but had to upgrade this year for many reasons. Next year may get tough ID which I love but since I love the largest size this would seem to also be the first to go port-less - NOT FOR ME!!!!! Slow MagSafe charging and incompatibility issues with laptops and cars mean that is too much trouble. So it’s better to suffer with mask unlocking via the watch than deal with crap like no ports. Maybe in four years but I’m not going to be an early adopter. Aside from that everything is fine with the new phone. I was worried about early hardware problems cause I got it when it came out - but none - as in no issues, so I guess I dodged that bullet. I don’t care about high refresh as it uses more battery. Curiously, I don’t really use the camera lenses as much, but the video is vital as I haven’t upgraded our codec much passed HDV. Here the iPhone shines better than any other phone today with no grain, best dynamic range and gimble like stability. This will hold me in good stead for all the musical performances/bar hoping and concerts that will soon come back again. I don’t intend to lug around a camcorder and case ever again!!!!! I still love the glass and stainless steel industrial design which brought me to iPhone 4 series. It’s perfect - and - I have a case where it readily comes out of and I just love to fondle this “brick” in my hands. I got the white with bare stainless steel sides so you can polish away scratches just like with the watch it matches - no regrets there! So the iPhone was an expensive but necessary purchase.

A V6 Mustang identical specs to mine doing donuts at YDS!

Mustang: Only fault is the monthly water pump leak - the best car I ever owned! The car noises at startup when cold were completely solved by the zero weight oil! Then engine is perfect now and I’m the kind of guy who remote starts the car and stands there listening to the engine - trust me that problem is solved! I may just replace the water pump with an aftermarket performance or Ford part but with a better gasket - on my own dime - and solve that problem that way…..

If you look around the mouth you see lines starting to appear! I'm getting old!

Glasses: New glasses so now I have replacements. I now have frames that I can cannibalize to make the previous pair new again. I just have to get it back to the jewelry guy who fixes frames on the side. My eyes didn’t really change over the last seven or eight years. No medical problems so I’m good to go.

And that’s enough for today - back to work I go!

Later…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve taken a break from the board and started to work again on the Global Social Contract.

I lay out the case that technology made the world smaller and enabled real time communication around the world. Most have friends around the world and the world in good times can be this big global village. The problem is when a crisis happens and the world needs to co-operate or fight for resources. Sort of what is happening with vaccines and PPE during the pandemic. Globalization and global manufacturing and commerce work during the good times but strain the system and it reverts back to countries and xenophobia and us against them in terms of the resources needed during the crisis. But a global pandemic is precisely why a global response is needed and cooperation needed to vaccinate all on earth or the virus just mutates in the areas of low vaccination and comes back to haunt the counties that have higher vaccination.

The reason it falls apart so quickly is that we don’t have a true global social contract. We need one that everyone buys into and the governance to come to consensus and be able to decide and act on those decisions of global importance. Forget about the current pandemic and look at how climate change can get derailed if the movement breaks down back into the older geo-political stances. So in the paper I make the case as to why we need this true global social contract. I make the case that the people of the world need to first to agree and rally together on an all embracing idea that does not an overtly have a connection to something divisive or dynamic enough to subvert global agreement. You need something innocuous that won’t change the things the current geopolitical structure would react strongly to. My idea, concept and philosophy for this would be the Positive Mandate for Humanity. And when it comes to governance it is the Worldwide Vote on Smart phones. Thus we have all the necessary ingredients needed to make the global Social Contract for Humanity. The world of humanity has to use these tools to re-invent themselves as a starting point and direction on how to act. I can’t do it just by saying so in some paper. I can only disseminate the ideas and the ways to do it. And basically that is how the paper stands right now.

If the idea takes off we may need to move this board to another server or servers, so that is why I am making a more updated board – just in case. And I love that Michael’s song works with this movement. Rise Unite becomes a bit of the fabric of this place and if you haven’t listened to it - here it is:

Click here - https://youtu.be/9LYEbWnxzYc

So things are coming together. I’m actually amazed that so far I could pull this off on this magnitude. It’s all just talk and such now but ideas have a way of taking on a life of their own. I love that I kept control of all this on websites I own, as big social media players get the world out better but can pervert the message with limited control by myself, or be manipulated by outside sources as we have seen multiple times. It is what it is but I tried to do this the best I could.

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another day slugging away at the duplicate board.

I’m running out of vacation so the priority is the board and then the paper. I don’t want to rush the paper as it could be a great paper if done right. It’s foundation of the mandate and global vote are already fleshed out and we now have them”Shelton for the paper. I just don’t want to be rushed as there is no reason to rush. We are still in lockdown and still in a pandemic! But the board work is robotic and hard to settle into so that get done now. We are even making progress here and should “knock on wood” have the basic forums up. I’m even thinking about adding all the old forums off-line for reading these days. But we shall see how it goes. It’s been years since I have wanted to address the thorny issue of our board and now I am!

I’m the breaks I watch movies and the commentary if available. I love that stuff and usually only found on the discs. I’m starting to walk more as I don’t want to gain any weight stuck in the house - but that’s my miserable life these days.

One thing I want to mention is that carbon fibre wallet/credit card sleeve long term review. Yes I finally ditched the wallet and rock this hard shell for my cards. I’ve made the transition but it was not easy. The easier way is just for all ID to go digital but in the meantime this will have to do.

Later…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well two weeks but there is light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to. The new board.

I tried everything to save the old board including running a virtual Apache server to fix the data base issues and upgrade the board. The reality maybe that the coding simply can not take on a massive data base that is 18 years old. There were issues I have to deal with in this current migration. The biggest pain was font size calibration (of all things) changing on the newer board. So no simple cut and past there. They do have a conversion program but it times out even when I have my guys at the server end leaving the time out off - like I said I tried everything. Also, when I started the board in 2003 you didn’t need to have extensions to view or play files on the board. Like .jpg or .wav - that changed - obviously - but it broke all the old files so they would not display. That is fixed on the new board so if you are curious about those days everything should be working now.

https://fortressoffreedom.com/phpBB3

I was thinking of just keeping the most vital structures on the new board, but now I think I’ll put it all up there as the urgency was only for the vital stuff. The blog is just too big and when I post this I get an error message - that is why I PDFed it. Been like that for years now so I knew I was on borrowed time. But now I have a bit of breathing space. It is strange to relive your life as you cut and past all those posts. At least it is interesting and we kept growing and doing new things. Anyway, I will push to get the vital stuff finished and then pivot to the social contract paper.

Goodnight…..

Oh one more thing: I’m in the second beta of 14.5 and supposedly they have improved the face mask program so I’ll check that out. Also, the iPhone Pro Max is now the most popular 5G phone in the States. They love iPhones in New York and despite influencers pointing you to smaller phones like the mini (when they ran out of Maxes with a one month wait) - the public has spoken. Now the influencers are pointing people to the Samsung S21 Ultra which really has its appeal - but that was how I felt with the Note 3 with 4K video (six years ago) and 3gigs of ram that nobody had at the time, dual screen apps (still not in the iPhone app and a feature I never used or missed (split web browsing I love and you can have that on the iPhone via an app). So I was enthused and months later I bought a Blackberry Passport and never looked back. I did wait for updates and only got one major one from Samsung. Not even security patches except for one. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me - that why I have stuck with Apple since 2016, especially for regular business use with instant updates and patches. Phones are now equipment of necessity and long support trumps the “shiny new thing” with less support. Ultimate security is still the BlackBerry which technically still supports the Passport for one more year! Samsung - not even in the same universe as the others. Remember, I’m a beta tester on multiple versions of updates every few months for iPhones - who supports users like that? Also even the iPhone 5S just got an update for the Covid 19 app along with security fixes - who supports a nine year old phone? But you know the answer to that…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rummaging around the old – and hidden – forums and came across this posted back in 2003:

Maurice Ali wrote:
Posted: 26 Nov 2003 05:10 am

I hesitated posting this last night and then fell asleep ( Laughing ). In any case, I have been in this pissy mood for the last two months (almost as long as I started this website Laughing ). It just seems that as I entered middle age - or acknowledged it - everything has changed. I no longer look to the future with the promise and hope that I did before. Everything seems to have a dark cloud over it.

I keep seeing grey hairs, I sometimes color it as I really do look quite young. However, I let the color grow out and the grey is not all that bad yet; still.....I am getting old. I have all the concerns of others my age, aging parents and other family concerns; money is now a constant thought in my mind. Change at my age is only a bad thing - that is what I think is the big difference between myself now.....and as a younger man.

When I was younger, I was more emotional and others took more of an interest in my feelings; as I get older, I see a decrease in any interest of my feelings.....I don't seem to matter anymore. Getting old seems to mean becoming irrelevant.

Physically I seem to be in good shape, but I worry about getting a physical and finding out about the condition of my heart, etc.. The machine is starting to wear out, just like my rusting car.....still looks good on the outside - but check around in the corners.....Ouch! My youth has gone and I never really bothered to live it. I have no kids and perhaps without them.....life seems to just be going one way.....

I really should be livening up the place, but this is how I feel.

Seriously – I could have written that right now! Wow, 18 years ago I was like that? If only he knew what was about to happen to him! If only he knew, because nothing had happened yet….. I kid you not, if I told myself what I would be up to in the future, that younger version of me would simply not believe it! Another thing is running across old internet friends from way, way back when all this was new stuff and lots of fun! Anyway I may “cherry pick” some posts and add them to the new board. I took a quick look around and there is surprisingly little stuff that isn’t already on there – eighteen years of your life…..

The Fortress Experiment in the Amazon search function!

Some other news: It turns out that Amazon Prime will no longer accept indie documentaries and indie shorts for Prime Video. In other words - not much indie anymore! This happened last week and it’s huge! So now with the “temporary” exception of fiction episodic length and theatrical movie length productions, Prime has abandoned the indie market. I was surprised at how quiet this news was received, but then realize that people like me got angry with their antics earlier like deleting one episode of a series just because someone complained and no recourse…..and left already. Anyway, getting on Prime will be a more exclusive thing now which means that you now have bragging rights to having premiered on Prime Video. That’s about the only take away from that whole experience. I have to admit it was nice to actually get money from Amazon for people watching the show. And Amazon is a real broadcaster in that they have regions like other broadcasters which puts it apart from YouTube. I got about 450 million broadcast population which is close enough to my original goal (half a billion) for my productions on TV as I came across it setting up the new board. Whatever, it was all an experience. The movie premiere was the right move. You can’t even get into a movie house these days! But seeing my creation on a 40 foot screen, 400 seat stand alone theatre was a dream come true – and watching the curtains close on the screen at the end was icing on the cake! Yes, curtains closing on the screen like an old fashioned movie house – wait – it was an old fashioned movie house from the thirties…..

Anyway the forums are basically up on the new board so if anything got done this vacation it was this onerous thing – it finally got done…..

Oh, listening to music again - from way back in the mid-nineties - Maria Lisa! Some of you probably will remember her from “You Make Me Feel”, but I’m looping “Dreaming of You”. For you musicians this song was in rotation in Toronto and now - 138 (139 views with my last listen) views in eight months. Time really does have dominion over all (I wonder what she is up to now)…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/p4s-2a_yP-c
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vacation is coming to an end.

I got what I wanted to get done and nothing more. The replacement forums are up and I’m working on the “hidden” forums. They are still hidden on the old board but if you were curious about the board in the early days it could be of interest:

https://fortressoffreedom.com/phBB3

At 14 forums there is more there than here. I’ll update with more posts as time goes on. Then I will start hiding forums as they are completed. The association forms are now replicated to their early format. Yes, the International Association of Independent Journalists was started in 2003! What happened is that when I wanted to incorporate it they said I couldn’t use “Association” in the name unless it was a not for profit. So I changed association to archiving and incorporated it. Then I simply renamed it - the forum - as archiving even though the first few months had everyone calling it an association. So now it’s split in two with the association posts and the archiving posts separate.

And so it goes - I’m way past critical mass at the new forum so it will just stay and become more complete. Check it out while you can - or don’t as I don’t care. I’m just glad I have an alternate board as the current one is so past EOL it isn’t even funny anymore…..

Anyway there is more here at FOF than you thought…..

The social contract paper is coming along nicely - so I can’t complain and that will be our next bit of advocacy until the WSIS citizen journalist and blogger advocacy comes up again.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/uhIEfxRLiPI
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The “vacation” is over!

Vacation it was not - more of this mindless drudgery of cutting and pasting over 1500 posts onto a new board. I’m really down to copying old posts on abandoned forums and you can still view these forbidden fruit posts before I hide them again at:

https://fortressoffreedom.com/phpBB3

I also preened myself up getting ready to dealing with humanity again. I let myself go for huge jobs like the forms and in the end look like Ted Kaczynski (also known as the ”Unabomber” who studied at Harvard BTW) with wild hair and beard. So, I look like a human again and it does pick up your spirits to look proper again - if I’m being honest. But the last two weeks were boring in the extreme, but the work had to be done. There isn’t an announcement or activity on all our sites that doesn’t point to a post on this message board. If this board went down before that second board went up - we would be full up sh*t creek. But now I have a little piece of mind - it finally got done. And I’ll warn you that the forums that are done will soon disappear from site at the other board so check it out if interested - nothing lasts forever.

Unabomber

The Tim Cook letter looks like a proper letter now with a header and signature. I’ll keep looking at it and just send it off.

We have the beginnings of a proper paper on the Global Social Contract. No, this is not the dreaded one world government, but what will in the passage of time will look like an antecedent to the current political systems that aren’t going anywhere for a long time. Please try to keep an open mind.

In the end while boring - the vacation rocked by relief of not having to worry about the fate of that message board. It got done!

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s back to my usual routine. It started on Sunday and I was depressed all weekend. Reliving one third of your life may have been a strange vacation to many, but it just got me depressed.

How can I relay that funk to you. But I think Michael said to best to me this past weekend when he noted that the internet was more fun in the early days - that must be it! Big business has screwed it all up now. Most artists don’t see the need for their own website anymore so put all their creativity into the large platforms and then obey the terms of service that change at a whim.

That must be it, the fact that I started this website to be a last bastion of free speech and now it’s something else. I forget how it went downhill, but it started exciting for all involved. Then bots started registering and posting innocuous messages and urls. Then porn sites came in and I stood my ground about not banning or deleting post and just sending the off to a “spam forum” but it turned everyone away. Finally, I turned into a business and advocacy site which is what you have today.

Reliving that is a mixed feeling. You wonder what happened to some of those in the early days. Some are directors here to this very day. Others you wonder and some you wonder if they are still alive. It’s just depressing. What you wouldn’t give to get back those years to relive again. It makes you wonder if would you have done any better the second time around. The odds say no and it could have been much worse. So it’s just a funk you have to push through.

I’ve hidden all those previously hidden forums. For anyone interested, you had a while to see what you couldn’t see before, so you got to scratch that itch. Maybe some things are best left in the past…..

But we have a second board for when the original board breaks down permanently and that was the big takeaway for me.

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm still in the funk - but not as bad as yesterday.....

I'm still updating the forums but non-vital stuff from the early days. While I go down "memory lane" I'm keenly aware of what we have to do internationally and how the tail end of the pandemic will play out. I figure Geneva is still off the docket for this summer. Maybe, maybe, the United Nations in New York this fall but that is by invitation which never comes my way. Then more probable, a real full on trip to the World Bank/IMF and try really hard to disseminate something there.

But it looks like 2022 will be the real year of action. I hope things are stable enough here that I can do it all with some leisure. But I can do it like surgical strikes of just get in and get out if I have to. As much as I mope around right now in lockdown, things will change and I'll be back in the thick of it. I do know that sooner or later this advocacy will die down but while we still have things to do the adventure continues.

The adventure continues but with an aging group, but that's not true as most in the organization are quite young, but the original cast is getting more 'mature". Like an aging rock band, the lead singer is still kind of 'Ok" to look at though getting a bit seedy, but the rest of the band are just falling apart as all humans do. I'll probably get some flak for that but probably more because it's true. However, I have a job to do and while I would relish having all this work, hassle and angst about trying to change the world in my own way - not having this adventure would make like much more unbearable.

I just hate the wait because of the pandemic. I'm sorry I got old on you guys - but look around - we are all getting old..... At least I still can look the part as opposed to being irrelevant, at least I have that but the look is waning.

My mantra now, my motto, is just to complete the mission - just make those plays.....

A Ferrari Testa Rossa from the year I was born - real old school but still looks good and can go almost 200mph!

Goodnight....

https://youtu.be/iSjS-iCPeW8
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, now that things are slow around here, I’ll tell you diehards some stuff and then let it just get buried in the future posts and it has everything to do about emotions and feelings.

Now you are probably thinking this is personal feelings and emotions and the impetuous for this was personal and based on my crappy past. However, I now approach feelings and emotions on a macro level and scale that is quite rare and unusual.

The positive Mandate is all about feelings and emotions! Here I’m trying to make the lives of all 7.7 billion happier based on the results of our Fortress Experiment. Anything past 24 individual items is basically beyond comprehension for most humans so we drop it to 7.7 and add another term: billions. Take it from me - the number of people who stand to have their lives changed for the better is so large and incalculable - that it flies over almost all heads that I preach to. Yet this is my goal and I’m literally well under way on this quest. At the UN we have sustainable development goals but most are practical, of basic needs, but as you get up to the higher levels of “Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs” it really does become a needed signpost for humanity and not a collection of necessary prerequisites to happiness. But my idea is based on happiness and happiness isn’t a full stomach, it’s the infinite ways individuals define what they want to do in their lives to express themselves - and that makes them happy…..

This isn’t a hope on my part as it was already dismembered already at the UN in 2019. This thing is already in play now - along with the global vote which earned me the “gold star of negative attention” at the UN in 2020, but the idea did get disseminated. It’s now formally disseminated as a written statement literally in the past couple of weeks, but the real dissemination happened a year ago.

But to reiterate - nobody cares more about feelings and and emotions more than me and I’ve already started messing with the machine at the highest levels with this idea. So you wanted more feelings and emotions and you got them in megatons - but just not in the typical way you like them…..

At the negative end of the emotions and feeling spectrum lately - is the fact that I now know why I’m in the is funk lately - and it’s because I have been archiving my life. That’s exactly what it was. Going over things day by day in the early and dynamic days of uncertainty. And now as you look back, your eyes pick up on things through hind sight, and mostly it just puts you in this negative funk. Nobody lives the perfect life, but havIng so much of it and in such detail is a bit overwhelming….. I’m still cutting and pasting posts - over 2000 so far.

So I went and rationalized the feelings and emotions in this post, but that is how you get things done on the scale I am trying. I could be very emotional and passionate - but only for one individual - or as an individual reader, but try to make life happy for all in their own personal ways is something different from almost all perspectives. And that is where I’m at. This is not a popularity contest. I don’t get money, and I don’t wake up to a naked woman in my bed. No, it’s nothing like that. But I do have a chance to change things for the better. So your emotional radar and senses about me were correct all along, so you got what you wanted - just not the way you wanted it!

It is what it is…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It amazes me how much of the early days of the internet are now gone…..

The internet was fun back then - no really it was a riot - where you could log on and say things freely and anonymously without fear. Now you watch what you say on the net - one slip up and you lose your job and reputation. The internet is turning into a pile of shit with flies buzzing around it. I blame big business and the public for being too lazy to not set up their own websites and starve the major platforms and keep the freedom and creativity of the early days.

These days you only have as much creativity as the mob approves, otherwise cancel culture takes over and you stand to lose everything. The internet is becoming the opposite of what it was supposed to be.

Our website index page in those early days!

Anyway - that is why I am updating and future proofing my forums. I was cut and pasting posts just now and then remembered I had earlier copied and put other member’s photos on my server. This was a good move as now almost all those sites don’t have them up anymore. Over time all your stuff on the net disappears - and then for many - you disappear. There was this woman on a forum at pcrepair.com who knew her stuff and helped all us geeks out. I needed a way to index my porn collection and normally another guy would help you out. But instead she helped me out and in secret (I didn’t mention it was my porn collection) for the real reason via email. And her last one was something like “Not to be pesky, but did it work out?” How can you not adore a woman like that! Then she stopped posting. We all got curious if not a bit nervous. The kingdom of hacker geekdom rose into action to find out what happened to her and we got her location and one of the gang actually drove some distance to check things out. Turns out she was battling cancer and helping out was one of the things she loved to do until the end. That hit a lot of guys there hard but we still had an archive of her there and was memorialized by some others. Now it’s all gone - the owner of the site couldn’t be bothered to keep the board up - and it’s like none of it ever happened.

So that’s why I’m painstakingly saving these forums. Like I said, some from the early days of this place may no longer be with us and their writings here deserve to be saved - and that is what I’m doing at this very instant! 18 years of this board - eighteen years! So just put up with me for another week and that “hidden” person on the forums will soon become less of a thing…..

Oh - and for those who go away from here because they don’t like something I say - realize that the positive mandate is all about free expression and self actualization because it makes us happy - try to cancel culture that…..

Goodnight…..

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/dH8WvayAo1M
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a difference between us oldsters that were born before computers became every day things - and the younger people who grew up with it as part of their complete lives.

People like me know what it was like- sort of a before and after picture of life before computers. And I’m now the youngest of this breed still active. That is why I say I own the AI sentient portfolio as a prerequisite has to be that you belonged in the before times and can properly evaluate things from that unique perspective.

Also - I can remember the very first page I downloaded from the internet. Back then a photo could take a minute to show - nice and slow - and that first photo for me was from the matrix with Morpheus’s hands with the red and blue pills. I was trying to get information on the movie and misspelled it and the misspelled URL had that on it (yes misspelled urls for popular websites are valuable).

The “one” and how do you know who is the “one”? Remember that when I was in a very early grade - a year too young at that - we had physical education classes and one was running across the tarmac. Anyway, we lined up and - go - so I took off and I was by myself! I looked behind me and there was this one white kid huffing and puffing with all his might with his head back and he just couldn’t keep up. So what did I do? I slowed down and let him win…..

I wanted their acceptance and I would not get it if I beat them badly or at all. So I threw the race. This bugged me all my life and I figured it was all about my inferiority complex. But now in hindsight and in the passage of time you also see it as ultimate control. Whatever the warped psychological reasons, I had more ability and thus controlled that moment and outcome. I owned it! If I had just won it I would simply have been the fastest of that group, but I did things that the others would never have considered and thus I manipulated that whole thing to my liking - as warped as that liking may be. Same as today, I went to university to meet my match or superiors and finally be put in my place - it didn’t happen. Then I was told that in graduate school I would meet people superior to me - yes people would tell me that.

Guess what - I should have gone to graduate school but instead they threw me to the wolves, which for a black kid back then was severe and really a kind of cruel act as these people were not living in stupid ignorance. Of course we among the philosophic community had too many black people there so kicking the talented black kid out of graduate school (as they already hinted he was in - yes, that happened) made perfect sense among the Mensa elite (not - hahahahaha…..)! I have to accept the fact these [edited because the internet is forever] had it in for me and they knew better! Man that felt good to get that out. The course of my entire life was changed drastically. I can’t sugar coat it - I can just tell it as it is.

Anyway I had more ability and I always thought university was for the mediocre (it is) and that nothing big and truly creative came out of a university as a result of it being a university - but now at this stage in my life I see that I still got to do what I always wanted to do (just in a more squalid environment). I see those profs there were jerks, we were all jerks, and they gave me the shaft just like the others in my scholastic past. [Edited because the internet is forever] decisions about people and then go and sleep like a baby that night.

Anyway I put my theories and ideas out their without a title and university and faculty behind my name, while they contributed nothing. I have gone to those vortexes of power and influence and haven’t really met anyone that made me feel inferior or that humanity’s fate is better in their hands. If I did I would be free and thus the happiest man on earth! My place is based on ability - and the only reason I went from where society put me to where I disseminated my ideas, is because of ability. The world has better things to do with itself than a lottery for the common and the mediocre. It’s sort of like running across the tarmac as a first grade kid. No matter what you do - you are controlling that moment because you have more ability and thus the power to do what you want - if you want. If you want to be the “one” then you are the “one”, but you also have the ability and power to not be the “one” even though you could. My moral imperative - fortunately - compelled me to act, otherwise the less able and usually less moral fill the void. This got played well on the first Matrix movie (a pop example for you younger people who never watched black and white movies). Best way to think about it as me, is that the world is your oyster and you have control of that moment in that place at that time; but not every place everywhere and all the time. That is what I want my ideas to do, but I don’t have the ability to do that! I have to win over every mind in humanity for the movement based on my disseminated thoughts to work. And that is where I am now…..

The Fates!

In short you are the “one” whether you want it or not! You are in control whether you like it or hate it. There is choice and there is fate. You just have to embrace both and play it the way you want consciously and subconsciously. The “one” is all over the place - in the workplace, sports, politics, etc. - am I the “one” at humanity’s global identity? Who knows - pun intended - but who else do any of you know who is doing the things I have done in the past few years. If it’s not me than who? Answer: On the evidence it is me….. The evidence is there so I just make sure I make those plays. Only the idea, concept and philosophy matter - for me: fast cars, “hot chicks”, big houses and surly accolades by contemporaries don’t matter…..

Make the plays - pandemic be damned!

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/EUN1ClT9i9w

https://youtu.be/EPIPLahykrI

https://youtu.be/ALC-Cedh7KE
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another weekend…..

So this weekend is much to do about nothing as everything is still closed. So I continue on that never ending nightmare of copying over posts to the new board. And I hate to say it - but I was right to do this as I surprised myself in archiving stuff from boards long gone and now it’s like going down “memory lane” in those more community forums that I saved for last. That slowed things down as you start to read the old posts from 2003 - better than TV! But I will get on with it. I will see if one poster is still with us as she has a ton of poetry here. She did give me permission to host stuff on the site as an HTML page but I also know she wanted to be properly published. We shall see how that goes, but this little thing has stuck in my brain. Parts of her have disappeared on other websites and as I said before, when people die they sure seem to get erased from the net.

Well I’ll try to not erase anybody at FOF - especially from the early days - I trust you now see why I’m doing all this arduous work. If you are my age and are starting to lose parents and friends to old age and chronic disease that creeps up on you as you get older, then you know how people who meant much to you just seem to disappear with time. For me I will
honour those who helped me start this little fortress of freedom back at the start of the internet as we know it. FOF was there before Facebook or YouTube or any of those popular platforms you share your life on. Some here did so back then and their blogs are now gone at those other sites. That was the value of their lives!

And that was my motivational speech to finish this job. Once done I will try to fix the original board which may mean cleaning up the database and running scripts to update the board. It may not work and kill that board so that is why I have a second board just in case. A third of my life and the lives of my friends will not be erased for foreseen circumstances. Man, all I have of my best friend of 40 years is an old lawnmower he gave me as a wedding present and some wedding photos as he was best man. And a video of him that was his voice in a clip I recorded as I test drove a walker for him (that Inset up) when he was falling apart toward the end. You need as much stuff to remember the people who mattered in your life. That stuff keeps their memory and legacy real. Ok, enough of this and remember you younger people - nobody lives forever…..

What else…..

I have that iPhone 12 Pro Max out of the case again because the phone is just so beautiful a bit of industrial design. Wow, even after three months I still love looking at it. Using this thing with masks is just the only sour point but everything thing else I can’t complain. But it is a looker.

Also, I’m glad I got the positive mandate disseminated at the UN back in 2019. There are no sure things in life , but I’m glad that got done before the pandemic hit. Covid was already there last February and I was lucky to make my (technically unsuccessful) play for the worldwide vote and get out of there before all hell broke loose. We got the worldwide vote officially into the UN as a written statement this year but all of that was too close for comfort. The big thing was just to get the positive mandate disseminated and The Fates gave it to me and within 20 minutes of the end of that side-event I had the most incredible amount of bad luck! But it got disseminated properly and I could not ask for more.

So as I make plans for future advocacy I am keenly aware that I won’t live forever. Covid could take me down. There are no guarantees in life and I now have a lineup of people I knew that are now dead. All the adults in my life from high school back are now dead. Most from university and my late twenties are dead or senile. People my age are retiring and falling apart or dying. I continue but the funk of the finality of death follows me now. Back to saving the last 18 years of my life on the net - it matters…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/Et4sMJP9FmM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 337, 338, 339 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 338 of 416

Jump to: