Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 328, 329, 330 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are back at the UN now with this event:

Maurice Ali wrote:
World Homeless Day 2020

By Maurice Ali, IAIJ Inc.

On Monday October 12 (2020) the International Association of Independent Journalists Inc. will participate in an event put on by UNDESA and UN-Habitat for World Homeless Day (2020). This year the theme is “Housing and Social Protection to End Homelessness”.

More news as it happens.

IAIJ: JOURNALISTS IN ACTION AROUND THE WORLD!

So that happens bright and early in the morning…..

Well it took the weekend but all our shows and movies are now up on IMDB and YouTube. This works for me as when a person Googles a show or movie the top hits are IMDB on the main search and YouTube for the videos, it is just what I want, but of course I still have those Prime Video links that just point you to my show pages that still exist and have shows and movies on the server – but are not available in the region you are at…..

IMDB is easy as you just search the particular TV or movie on the site. YouTube has channels so you can go to the FOF Entertainment Inc. channel for the movies, The Fortress Variety Show and the original unedited Fortress TV Show, and all the trailers:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKeenXM4CozzHGMDU7WaXhg

For the Series you go to the Positive Mandate for Humanity Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Dy4p92FFD1mCXNgvfkuuw

Each channel just has the important videos so it’s easy to get what you want. With IMDB you get full reviews on the same page as the videos and with my fragile ego this is always in the back of your mind. You embrace those indie producers and directors like yourself and read the reviews that usually are more than critical. In fact after a while you actual learn to embrace and love a scathing review.

“London Evening Standard's Des Kelly wrote that United Passions was "the worst movie ever made" and "the most extraordinary vanity exercise; a vile, self-aggrandizing, sugar-coated pile of manure where Blatter and Co. manage to make North Korea's Kim Jong-un look self-effacing".”

“Jack and Jill won a record 10 awards at the 32nd Golden Raspberry Awards, sweeping every category. It broke the record previously held by Battlefield Earth for having the most Razzies earned by a single film and is the only film to win every possible award. The film holds a 3% rating on Rotten Tomatoes based on 110 reviews.”

“ When asked if Last Airbender had been the worst film he has ever seen, Mike Ryan of Vanity Fair answered, "Yes".”

But when it’s your turn things are always different. There is one guy on IMDB whose sole purpose in life is to review small indie films like mine. You can tell it’s him as he always starts his review off by saying “No one escapes a review” or something to that effect. Sooner or later one is coming my way. You can’t count of the first reviews as they are by friends and such that know you and would say nothing if it was bad, but these guys say they honor your film by reviewing it just like they would review a movie like Interstellar or Gone With The Wind. So the reviews and ratings are scathing and looking through the reviews online is just a never ending chuckle at other people’s misfortune – until your turn comes up. There is always that!

“Roger Ebert named it the worst film of 1991, stating: "If there is a planet somewhere whose civilization is based on the worst movies of all time, Highlander 2: The Quickening deserves a sacred place among their most treasured artifacts." “.

“”Film reviewer Roger Ebert included the film on his "most hated" list, gave it zero out of four stars, and wrote: "This movie doesn't scrape the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't below the bottom of the barrel. This movie doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with barrels."”

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/vtngFEE5t1E
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the UN event was a success, mostly for me because Cisco and it’s ancillary systems put together a zoom call on steroids that worked flawlessly. And for two hours..... It was nice to see some familiar faces from the UN System. Especially at the end where their “greyed out” visual anonymity is for a split second revealed - something they may want to look into but their names were there so.....

But it was nice to see things actually happening in the UN world. Why I have been hanging around the Commission for Social Development at the United Nations? I hung out there so you can disseminate an idea there and have it take hold, be legitimized as a talking point; structured and investigated and if well received, moved up to the Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA) and onto some form of agenda leading to a vote and adoption. Radical ideas like the ones I aspose, are very tricky things, as for diplomats, academics, or even consultants, a bad experience can ruin a reputation and thus status and livelihood. All these people do many other things, so asking them to hang their hat on ideas like the worldwide vote or the positive mandate is a bit much. But it is not too much for a wildcard newbie like me. I can propose ideas and if things go really wrong the career diplomats and academicians can drop it at a moments notice, blame it on me, and disavow any knowledge of their endorsement of the idea. This doesn’t bother me as my goal is dissemination and I can put it all on the line because I have nothing to lose there. Even if IAIJ loses its status, my life does not change or is impacted in any significant way. So it’s all on me for the more radical ideas, and if successful I have nothing but friends, and if unsuccessful, nobody ever heard of me.....

Actually this reminds me of that old show Mission Impossible. The things I am trying to do are basically impossible in most eyes, but that is for the status quo, the schemers never counted on me in their plans to keep control of things. So I have a chance, but expect to see no formal endorsement from academia or the UN System, I may get into events but I am basically on my own, but this does not meen I don’t have tacit endorsement; but we all play the game and if I fail, nobody ever knew me. At one point I could have left my usual life and forged a socially upward position and just spent my last years doing that and everyone would think I’m a success. But no, I want to be a player. The zero sum game, all or nothing - change the world. It’s tricky and a gamble but this is the space I want to be in. I had a choice and chose this path.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/4y9NtHlJvbY

https://youtu.be/MA2KmJMKFrQ
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll throw another one in there.....

Big Apple event in less than four hours. A redesign with 5G but the big deal is the new chip. 5nm may not sound like a big deal but the Chinese don’t have it yet and the machines that make them are bared from going to places like China for security reasons. Dropping the chip size down to 5 nanometers per transistor means more in the same size, less power needed to work a transistor, or smaller size; or a combination of it all.

Apple has lost a lot of market share to Huawai but in this market they can now offer the Chinese public something the Chinese companies can’t. So I’m interested in how Apple plays out this advantage today. I’m also interested in the “120hz Promotion” display problem for Apple. High refresh rate displays makes scrolling buttery smooth and video play better as well as gaming, but Apple may ditch the idea this year or only to its top end model. They will say that’s due to power management problems. But the real reason is Samsung is keeping all the high frame rate displays for itself. And then there is the controller that only uses the high refresh system when needed to conserve power. Also with supply restrictions for Apple. So another political and business play in another area.

The event is interesting to many people for many reasons. Also, I need to replace my iPhone 6S Plus and the iPhone 12 will be it. So I’ll be watching today.

In other news.....

I may finish the updated DVD of our movie today. The funny thing here is that on the supposedly defunct Prime Video page for the movie (The Fortress Experiment), we see that it is unavailable to watch in your region, but toward the bottom it has a link to buy it in alternative formats such as the DVD. So it looks like the Prime Video experience will linger far longer than I had in mind......

Don being presented his Christmas CD back in the day!

I should also remind all of you that all our shows are now available for viewing including “The Life and Times of Donald “Boots” Brasseur”. This documentary recounts his experiences as a Canadian D-Day Veteran who landed on the beaches of Normandy. This was a brave act for the man but also realize that he lied about his age to get in and was 17 when he hit the beach. The second part recounts his life as a world class harmonica player from the last days of vaudeville. Right now we have 4 or 5 views for his show which quite frankly I find a shame considering his sacrifice for D-Day alone! He was later injured in the Flaise Gap, but I would really appreciate some views from you folks for his show and experience. You don’t have to watch the whole thing, two minutes is enough for a view. You can get there from here:

https://youtu.be/ob6YtkVy6m0

Later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m now working of the revised DVD we have on sale at Amazon. You may wonder what will happen to the woman who reviewed the first DVD. She will get a new one for free along with anyone who can prove they bought the first version – so – they will have the one going forward and the rare and valuable first DVD edition! This is what the case should look like now:

So, much more colorful and commercial and attractive with the FOF logo on there. I did think about erasing that registered trademark, but that was such a bitch to get and it should be there - so it stays! Next will be the disc and just a color change to blue to offset that black case. I also got new full resolution photos for the production stills section and will add them today. I also added the trailers for the movie and short and that should be finalized today.

In other news.....

I waxed the car and later this week will be the annual rust proofing. I may keep the tires one more year or put snows on those 17 inch rims and treat myself to some larger tires for the spring – I’ll give myself two months to think about that. And those expensive iPhones! Without the Touch ID I am actually looking at new older models but if it’s just a couple of hundred it’s the iPhone 12 just for the processor alone. Apple has me by the balls as I need an iPhone to keep the watch current and my old phone runs out of support next year – diabolical those bastards at Apple! Oh, and every speaker at the iPhone release presentation was wearing an Apple Watch, so even though people are buying iPhones less frequently they can buy a new Apple Watch in between – diabolical I tell you! And – when I bought my over priced watch strap last week they were pitching me enterprise services when they found out I ran some companies – but Blackberry always had my back from back in the day, so I’m staying with them. I spent 1500 dollars on the old iPhone 6S Plus almost five years ago so a bit more now, but then Apple supports the phones for 5 years unlike Android. So.....

Goodnight....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late one today, but wanted to finish the DVD stuff and I did!

So new case graphics and new disc graphics! The globe logo was used for the disc and adds more life and a better presentation in that shiny black case they put it in. As for playing the DVD, I have a main image where the blacks match – minor stuff but I am particular that way. That main image will always show some compression even as a png file, but I see it on many DVDs so I will leave it alone for now, you can only do so much and then you give up. All the other graphics should rock so we now get really nit-picky. I moved up the buttons as some players have a sub screen menu they need to clear. I also added some more images so all the main characters are in there now, I don’t need any agro over the selection of who got in the production stills section! And so I am burning the ISO image if you can call that burning. Then I will actually burn a disc and play it in several players to see if there is anything egregious before I send it to Amazon.

In other news.....

I got up really early like at 3:45AM and thought about going downtown to check out the pandemic in the core of Toronto. 4:00AM in the morning is the only time you can avoid the rush hour and so much of downtown has been messed up with bike lanes and closures that driving down there is a nightmare best avoided – unless its 4:00am. So I’m cruising up Yonge Street in my car and stop for the lights at Yonge-Dundas Square where we held FOFSTOCK. Funny thing is that it looks like they were set up for a concert with barricades and all – how could that be – but maybe this discourages anyone getting up there performing and drawing a crowd. Anyway, there was just one guy there walking backward for some reason – I didn’t want to find out why. Then this young woman comes toward me and I just grimaced as I had my window down: “Spare any change?” I waved her off then she says: “You look like you could afford to spare some change!” and I forgot I had just washed an waxed the Mustang. I kept looking straight ahead: “How much did that car cost?” I was honest and told her about 31,000 – and she screams: “300,000!” Then the light turns green and I take off.....wondering if it’s possible to get Covid 19 from someone 10 feet away.....

So I’m working in the office this morning, yes the office. I have 1,300 square feet of it which takes one floor of my house. Then we have the other office - (soon to be moved) at 15 Allstate Parkway. The office at my house has its own separate entrance that leads to a reception desk and props and posters of all our accomplishments, then down a hall with the audio booth to the left and washroom and storage room to the right, and then into the studio with a wall of old and worthless cameras and a paper backdrop which looks cool and always picks me up as I enter the office. In there is the out of date and unpopular AVID editor and another computer for the office stuff and two desks to run all that. So I’m at the desk – phone rings from Sudbury – oh brother..... Now in Canada everyone gets these scam phone calls saying they are from the CRA (tax man) and that the police are coming unless you send money immediately. Everyone gets those except me; when I get a call claiming they are from the CRA – they actually are from the CRA! So we go into the balance sheet for FOF Records Inc.. I always figure there are music lovers at the CRA and they call me up just to see it the last corporate Canadian indie label is actually still in existence – and yes there I am in the office pulling out the T2 return from a tall filing cabinet and going through the return at 10:45 in the morning. That is the proof right there! If I was out and about I could not do that, but I can because I was running the business during business hours.....

But I digress…..

So far things have been humming along nicely, but I need more bad luck because everyone around me is succumbing to physical problems and I don’t need that right now. Chronic health problems just kill your dynamic nature so you want lots of little niggling bad luck to keep you going. At my age the health stuff comes in front and centre. All that people my age talk about is their health – except me because I have no health problems. So keep those bits of embarrassing bad luck coming as I have a job to do and I don’t need to be sidelined and distracted by any of the gazillion health problems you can get.

The squirrels may be back in the attic, so, so far so good!

Later.....

Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m going to upload the DVD to Amazon today.

The Black Version

I will retire the black version as you can make changes to the wrapping but to upload a new ISO image means a new product code so the old version has to be retired. Also, the last version I made will not finish making the ISO image. It fails due to an error and I have tried three times to correct. When you get to the limits of your freebie DVD program (I only had ten minutes left of space and so many menu pages) you start to get problems like this, so I hit the limit and more means taking it to a pro facility - which I won’t do. But I have a DVD and successful ISO image from before that is the same except for two images in the production photo gallery. So I really have no choice but to use that one.

The new DVD should be available early next week. I am also turning on copyright protection. Anyone can get the full movie and short online and they don’t need to rip a DVD. The issue is that with no protection the back of the DVD is the familiar purple colour DVD that you buy from the store. In short it made the DVD look like you bought a cheap knock off - so we do it like everyone else. Plus anyone that buys the DVD can get a copy for their phone/tablet and such from the internet now. During the Prime Video days the ability to copy was important as it was hard to get a copy from the web. But now it’s no longer an issue - so I want our DVD to look like everyone else’s commercial DVD.

Looking back the last two weeks I can’t complain. Putting my stuff on YouTube was the hardest thing. If it was’t for the advocacy it would still be in totally commercial platforms. But I need it this way, so you do it fast like pulling off a band aid and just get used to it.

I paid for it - literally- but almost 10,000 people (mostly brown people) saw the positive mandate and it’s message. That is a great beginning! You just keep at it and try new things to get the concept and philosophy out there.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it’s up!

You can buy it now if you want – all the files are replaced yet they allowed me to keep the same UPC code so it was faster than normal. I will also make a couple of posters of that front face of the DVD - that is now the official poster of The Fortress Experiment.

I watched another movie from the vaults at FOF: Phantom Halo directed by Peter Bogdanovich’s daughter. It was watchable but too many subplots. Anyway it had a budget of one million dollars (mine was a respectable 140,000) and won a few no-name awards (you see the laurel leaf icons but can hardly read where they won the awards…..hehehehehe). Hey, her dad is a big shot director with reach! Anyway it did the usual movie stuff we all end up doing and then on to IMDB with a 9 out of ten rating at the beginning and the next was 6 and the rest 3. The usual course for all movies – and the final kick at the can to get the DVDs (even in 2020). Hey wait – I watched it on DVD, so there is always that.....

What I see in the channel analytics taken at the same time as the public view!

After uploading the Amazon DVD files I added some end cards to some of our YouTube videos. I am happy to see that with YouTube I can direct the message anywhere in the world and to as many as I wish. For Dan’s show I hit India in first place and then Algeria and Pakistan and so on. I can’t do that with any other platform. The power of YouTube, but you may say: “what happened the 2.6k views of the first episode and the 2.6k for movie on the other channel?” Well, YouTube just took them away – not that it matters – these were real eyes on the screen and the message got disseminated nevertheless. That was the score! They can’t take the videos down or suspend the account as anyone can buy views (like the completion did in the beginning to get rid of their rivals) for any video – who’s to know – so all they can do is take the views away. This was my big rush for the vacation – targeting the videos where I want, when I want, and how I want it! We will probably lose the views on Dan’s show though we slowed it way down just to see what the reaction of YouTube AI bots would make of it – as they are real human views – so we shall see..... Remember, I’m not interested in the vanity of some pixels on a YouTube screen, but the dissemination of the Positive Mandate message. In this respect I scored in megatons!!!!!

So I’m starting to jive with YouTube. I’m not there at the point where I want tags for views on my websites, but there are so many ways to manipulate things in advertising. Plus, It keeps me schooled on new forms of advertising.

What else…..

I bought a new pair of Levis a few months ago and after a few wearing there was this large hole above the right hand rear pocket. I was pissed! A hole in the ass of the jeans may be a sexy thing to look at for a young woman, but nobody wants to look at that on a 61 year old man! So I found out Levis had a warrantee on the jeans for three years. I called them up and actually got a live human listening to my tales of despair with the new jeans. She said she would email me a form to fill out and send back an in maybe four weeks they would determine if I was worthy of a replacement. The problem is that she couldn’t send the email no matter how many times we tired, So eventually she just said “F**k it” and just got my information to send me a replacement directly. I even got the email with the purchase for 0.00 dollars shipped to my home! So we shall see if it arrives. I thought I was out a new pair of jeans, but well - what do you know!

More yard work and maybe one last mowing of the lawn this weekend. Then rust proofing the car - preening myself up for the new week. Tossing out my old VHS tapes and replacing them on the shelves with DVDs – my black DVD in amongst those others. Very satisfying!

If you ever wondered what I’m listening to right now – it’s: “Are ‘Friends Electric” by Tubeway Army (Gary Numan in his Aspergers’ days). New music: is the new Jinjer tract only days old. I like it but you have to wait a few minutes before she really sings, in the front end it is barking and growling, which I also like. BTW: I also love female screamers (Queens of Screams” sub-genre) – nothing beats a 24bit scream that just blasts through uncompressed and echoes a way from a beautiful young woman! But that's just me.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/3hCmE5D89KY

https://youtu.be/QzSM3pRtgcM
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well shucks, I fell asleep, but no real harm done as I stopped the Saturday night premieres as all the shows are on IMDB anyway. But I will go ahead and do the forth show for you Sunday surfers with nothing to do. But fist I want to finish up on Phantom Halo.

I checked around with what Phantom Halo did on the web. The movie was a real one with distribution and big names and budget and won two awards and made it on Wikipedia. They (like us) are no longer with Prime Video (but the web page is still up) and they got tossed off Netflix after one year. Now, like I said yesterday, this was a one million dollar production with actual stars and distribution; but that didn’t keep it from suffering the same fate as all the others. You can see it on YouTube now, but it is this smaller screen on a larger one with lights flashing around to get around the copyright. My way is better and just shows the show as it is for those that want to watch it. I get it that it cannibalizes the DVD sales – and you can make real money off that – but the DVD should have had the director’s commentary and extras like the making of the movie and such, but usually only a movie a director truly loves, gets this treatment and is always available to watch in full resolution, if they love the movie. But wow, a million dollar budget movie with a big name director producing, big name actors, and winning a couple of film festival awards gets the same treatment as my own humble little film. That is a bit consoling in a way; at least I can say I’ve been around the block in the movie and TV world!

So the fourth show is "Real Life" and is about Shane, street youth and the revolving door of prison. The episode is mostly around his past in group homes and then to the prison system where you get hooked into coming back again and again. I interviewed him in 2006 and he laid it out quiet honestly and said going back to prison is like getting hooked on crack, it’s a sick sensation (he spent like 12 years in there). Anyway, his interview is true as over the next thirteen years you see me regularly picking up the man from one detention centre to another. Someone who watches the show can count the times I get him out of there. Many say that was the most interesting and funniest part of the adventure because he tells it as it is and proves it by his life experience over the years. Shane also represents his world through his rap which gave way to the short “Real Life: Real Lives” and is also included in the show. But the takeaway is that even in his situation, meeting up with FOF and getting a chance to express himself was a moment in his life that made his life a better and a happier one. He lays out this fact at the end and quite honestly BTW. The positive mandate does not change anyone inside, it just makes them happier by allowing them to be who they are and express themselves to the world, but nobody changes in themselves. Even me, I still live the life I always have, except for this secret second life (not so secret anymore) but inside I am the same person I always was, just that now I have been given an outlet for my ideas and advocacy. So check out Real Life and see it for yourself.

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/QnFowifogwo
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vacation is over - and I did basically everything I wanted to do.

Big on the list was the painting and brick and water proofing and lastly the rustproofing on the under body of the car. I can’t stress how the weather quickly makes this a hassle. I did the under body of the car yesterday and all this week it will be basically a constant drizzle. So at least I got that out of the way. There is still more for the car but it is interior stuff with a lighter weight compound and is not affected by water on the road. I also did the year end pruning of trees and shrubs and got that out of the way for the year.

For the companies it is sending the Lucifari project to mastering. Updating our movie DVD with better graphics and the trailers was another task done and out there! Getting the stuff onto YouTube and IMDB and so on was another big deal. It is always a pain with YouTube as you start with nothing and have to scrape for subs and views. Sure I got big numbers using More Vision, but that opens the door for the “sheeple” to watch as there is major activity, but for me it was dissemination of the idea. We lost most of those views but it was worth it as apart from this blog and the UN system, nobody knew of the concept – that has all changed now! This was the the big deal - dissemination on the ground for the first time - it has finally started! The only bother was what to do with the variety show. It is structured the same as the series shows but was never put in there as a show because it was not a documentary. So I reluctantly put in the FOF Entertainment Inc. channel with the FOF stuff even though the startup has the Positive Mandate moniker. It’s a goofy out of date music video show – that are so passé these days – so maybe I should just leave it out of the proper TV series.

What else?????

Lots of movie stuff. But I don’t go for the successful blockbusters but the opposite. I was researching the lowest box office draws ever. There is some distinction of having the lowest draw/gross ever. Our premier was a freebie/cast show (due to the film festival rules) so that doesn’t count but what if I didn’t advertise it and I was the only one there and paid my ticket of eight bucks – that would have been it. But officially it has to be on for days and usually a week. The worst was this one movie called “ZYZZYK Road” and it made thirty bucks for the gross (and cost 1.2 million to make). That was not one night or three days – but for a week at one theater. And it starred real stars as in Tom Sizemore and Katherine Hegel – it was the real deal! They had to play it for at least a week according to SAG rules, but the kicker is that the makeup artist accidentally paid for two tickets and was refunded so the film actually made twenty bucks). This is truly a hard act to follow - and the real deal! If I wasn’t going for that distinction I would have stood at the entrance and paid people to go in the theater with a few extra bucks for drinks and popcorn! That would get you off the ultimate shit list. But that was a real movie that tried; even with name recognition it is still the all time greatest loser. You may think that maybe they purposely did this to get some recognition (they actually did it to go fast to DVDs and foreign sales); but the reality is that in the moment everyone thinks they have the next hit, so everyone actually tries. John Travolta is best known for “Battlefield Earth” that was voted one of the worst movies ever but it doesn’t make this list. What does is a John Travolta movie called “The Fanatic” directed by Fred Durst. It played in fifty two theatres and made less than fifteen thousand bucks. United Passions – the FIFA infomercial – not only got on the list of worst movies but made a gross of only nine hundred and eighteen bucks! I really get off on this stuff.

But back to the DVD and the extras that come with it. If the director loves the movie you get lots. Like the Grindhouse DVD - Rodriguez and Tarantino just pepper the two movies with trailers for fun and a separate DVD on the making of the two films. You can tell this dynamic duo loved making this thing!

Anyway it’s back to the usual now.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/2Kp8ycMhvO8
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what we were doing this morning.....

Shane Murphy wrote:
Lucifari's "Anarchology" In-house Production is Finished!

By Shane Murphy, FOF Inc. / FOF Records Inc.

The Fortress of Freedom and FOF Records corporations are excited to announce that in-house production of Lucifari's debut album Anarchology is now finished.

From here the project goes to mastering and distribution to digital sales and streaming websites and even CD production in 2020.

More updates as the album progresses!

http://lucifari.com

FOF RECORDS: CUTTING EDGE MUSIC!

So there project goes out to professional mastering and then distribution. We will still have regular CDs in full resolution for sale, the difference being they at it will be “on demand” and not a run of hundreds that will never get sold. I had to check the quality and the first run of the DVDs blew me away! So much so I made a second version now on sale. I can’t tell the difference between the Amazon material and our own so this works and keeps the CD alive for another few years!

Speaking if CDs I will be giving the artists some boxes of those CDs to cut down on the bulk of CDs stagnant in our warehouse. CDs are quickly going the way of tthe dodo bird but it is nice to have CDs for display and presentation and the “on-demand” option fits this perfectly.....

I’m also surprised at how little time you have now that I’m back to my usual routine. That vacation spoiled me for time.....

As for what I am listening to right now - it is Bueno Vita by Inner City. I love the non-English version, something about romantic languages just gives this song some extra pop!

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/ytW4xPH-ONw
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nothing day.

Just update the websites. Make sure everything is paid up. Messing with tags and ride on the backs of other more popular YouTubers.....hahahahahha...... thing an advertisers needs to know.

Sam with the radio play contract!

Yes I own an advertising company called More Vision Inc. It was the distributor of the Donald Brasseur show on CTV. It ran the advertising campaign for FOFSTOCK. we put ads on radio from the largest in Canada to the smallest and ads in popular print publications. It is the distributor for our movies and TV series and shows. This will keep going into retirement as it’s a big part of disseminating the positive mandate. Yes I started an advertising company like in 2005 and incorporated it in 2008 all with the knowledge that we would need it later on.

Sam with the FOFSTOCK contract!

This puts me on a different level than other (probably more academic minded) visionaries. It doesn’t mean I will be successful, but new ways of doing things usually are wild cards and since I was given no chance when I started - well - it has worked for me.....

Me with the CTV contract!

The CTV contract and at the last minute - 2009 when BlackBerry was still a thing!

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/GxtSXOyPYVc
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A short and late one today.

I put the tags and the closed captions on the shows so at least that got done. If you are getting bored with this stuff then imagine how I feel? I went through all the hassle of the movie premiere. Then the unsuccessful hassle with the film festivals. The reworking and captioning the movies and shows for Prime Video. Then IMDB and YouTube. There will be a definitive sigh of releif when I’m done at YouTube and can just leave it there and forget about it.

The video is just one part of it - but it is evidence of the Positive Mandate at work. It’s not commercial as we are not providing “content” for advertising - if you do that you give up “final cut” and you give up creativity. You are a tool for the mob mentality and what it likes. That is not me as I advocate.

Take Don Brasseur for example. A guy in his eighties - so who is interested in that? But he hit the beaches of Normandy in WW2 on D-Day and played the vaudeville circuit as a harmonica musician. But the real take away is that the positive mandate resurrected his career in his eighties producing a TV documentary on CTV, two music albums, and he became a finalist on Senior Stars as well as playing at our own FOFSTOCK. The last years of his life were some of the best! This is what you take away from his show. They actually brought this up at the United Natuons when discussions the Positive Mandate for Humanity, and I was about to answer it in spades because of Donald “Boots” Brasseur! This is the positive mandate at work. This is the idea that can change the world!

https://fortressoffreedom.com/DonBrasseurAM740.wma

In other news.....

I came across our first radio advertising contract (before More Vision) and here it is with the now defunct CKLN:

It was a radio ad voiced by our own Emily Smith. Those were the days - as in the start of things..... That first radio and I still remembered it playing on my way to work on the e radio in my car. Such a big deal back then as internet radio didn’t exist back then. Emily could also sing and I had a recording contract for her if she was interested. It’s still there in the filing cabinet, by-the-way.....

Emily

Later.....

https://youtu.be/2H6ZbsLF96I
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the most aggravating things in my life is my biological age. With Covid it looks like all deaths are over 60. Like at the start, if I was 59 you live - 60 you die. It’s probably the same at that age but in the younger group nobody’s seems to die anymore so it still stings to hear the numbers. Also, older people make more mistakes, you can see it and hear it from them in every day life. In talk radio I know personalities over the span of 25 years start out never making a mistake and now the mistakes come in droves and they are ten years younger than me. One guy got fired from his morning gig for this and some speculated it was the beginnings of Alzheimer’s. 15 years later he still has a Saturday show on the same radio station - I guess it was just aging in general. He is more careful now but he still functions, and still makes the radio ads too.

I’m hyper sensitive to this and even though my biology may be younger than my actual age - time does not stand still for anyone. These years Covid takes away from my advocacy really hurt. But we may still prevail. My strength is not verbal accuracy but my ability to step out of normal human society and see things from the outside. I can be altruistic and not selfish as I am not a subset of human society, I exist in one plain outside of that. I can talk about a possible sentient AI as I understand the situation it will be in. This is just a function of my isolated childhood and I’m not alone. Others like me have already vetted some of my ideas - my radar is up for that. But with this background and making the huge play I am involved with - well that part is very rare and proven to me as I foraged through the United Nations System.

Like me - born in 1959 - old school but still fast (180 mph) and a Ferrari!
The 1959 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa

Even though I am aging before my eyes, I can still do things the others can’t. Like the saying goes: It can be an old and broke down Ferrari - but it’s still a Ferrari. A Ferrari from the year I was born still looks born to run even in 2020! To be me you pay a heavy price as in an isolated childhood, but this also means that you have an alternative mode of thought. An alternate space outside of everyone else’s universe to go to, and because of this you can’t be controlled because they can’t touch you there. It grounds you, and gives you fresh eyes to problems that would seem unsolvable to those who can only think one way. Is the alternate way better, not always but more ideas to solve a problem can come up with a hybrid solution if need be. But the key takeaway is that people like me can’t be controlled like everyone else because control is like a prison to really work, and I can leave whenever I want.

I always said in my younger days that nothing new or creative ever came out of the actual institution of academia, and by that I mean it (academia) was not a necessity for creation to occur. Funnily I am the true embodiment of that statement now, but I still would love to talk about the positive mandate or worldwide vote up there in the grad lounge with profs and TAs and anointed undergrads sitting on the floor - sometimes being on the outside sucks. It is what it is and with all my problems and responsibilities I can still function. It would be perfect if I had no family or friends - but it looks like I still will be able to scratch my way to the end of this.

In other news. All I have to do is add some playlists to the record label YouTube channel and I can forget about video for awhile! I don’t care about numbers. I now know how to get them if I want them. Strangely this means you are no longer motivated to get them now that you can. Life is funny that way.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/iSjS-iCPeW8
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow: Saturday got busy in a big way!

The Lucifari album is basically done with mastering completed and even artwork. I’ll give you guys a peak when I have the final files.

Twenty6hundred - Crashing Down

I was going to change the main page at FOF and may still do, but it depends on time. I’ll have a player link to YouTube videos and the main one will be the theatrical version of our movie. Then I’ll move to the other websites linking their YouTube videos and so on.

I slept in to 10:00AM and thought I caught up on sleep and could cruise through the day. I guess it ain’t happening.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/4xSJkJKG5nw
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be downloading all the art work and audio files for the Lucifari album when I punch this out. Next up is The Brawlers EP.

I am changing the index pages of most websites and including links to the relevant YouTube videos. So for fortressoffreedom.com we see the FOF trademark and underneath it a link to The Fortress Experiment. Fofstock.com has one for the FOFSTOCK video. For performers we will have the link to their videos or performances at FOFSTOCK. I'll fiddle around with that and see what works best. The positive mandate websites will have links to the first or last episode for example. I'm not so much interested in views as much as having the videos embedded and available for the surfers to click on and get the message when they click out. This will take awhile but nothing is happening on the advocacy front as everyone moves into the second wave of the pandemic.

And that is where things stand. People here are soon going to find out that some things are finite and that the organizations move on as the founder and president starts to fade away and concentrate on the advocacy. I'll still be around keeping and eye on things as the younger folk take the helm, but as things keep growing there is only so much time I can devote to everything, but the advocacy is all me. For example, Sam is still busy with her one year old kid now learning to get into trouble but she will soon start looking into doing something on the side, and during the pandemic, she can do the FOF thing from her home at her pace. Same for Shane and all the rest, the pandemic does not affect me that much right now. Even the UN stuff going forward after October is an on-line thing even before the pandemic really hit so I'm not that affected now, but I did miss out from the summer and early fall. But it is what it is.....

Advertising Banner for the show

Oh yes, and for you Saturday premier hold outs - all four or five of you - we go to Don's show and episode number 4. You have to be old like me to appreciate the show but I am negatively surprised at the lack of interest or sponsorship for the guy's life and sacrifice. If he was an American it would be completely different. I get thousands of people here a day and Don's show and experience in D-Day and vaudeville only get him like four or five clicks on his show? What up with that? The guy signed up for war at the tender age of 17 knowing he would probably be killed, and the only thing that saved his life was getting injured and sent home as all the members of his platoon were killed off! And here and now you can't get anyone to honor his sacrifice by twitching your index finger on a link. At least play the show for 40 seconds as a show of support for the man and give his show a view. He died in 2014 and his website and videos of his experience are all that is left. The link is found right under the "Goodnight" just to be clear. Man, is that is a sore spot lately for me. Everyone here has it too soft - but I'll leave it at that.....

Goodnight.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 328, 329, 330 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 329 of 416

Jump to: