Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 326, 327, 328 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing planned for weekend but there is stuff to do.

It’s really one more week of waiting and then action. But before I run out this update I have to reiterate my disgust at humans in general and their absolute ability to forget the shit they do (and allow) in their everyday lives. That’s the reason for the positive mandate.

The academics can’t do it as they are too comfortable in their lives and they are too timid, to protective of their status and lifestyle to get the job done. It falls on the shoulders of fuckers like me who have nothing to lose, and probably have greater ability anyway. You have no idea of the crap you submerge and “conveniently” forget in your society and your past and then point the finger at others and pretend you are better than others. You are not.

Forget about what happened to me. My best friend’s grandfather - who I personally knew - was rounded up and interned with the other Japanese during World War 2. Only problem was that he wasn’t Japanese, he was Chinese (an ally in WW2) but that didn’t matter and they just sent him off to the concentration camp. Yes this is your Canadian heritage. But wait - there is more! He had a house and business at that time and all was taken away from him, given to white members of that place and he never got any compensation for any of his troubles. His son along with others only got a lame apology maybe fifty years later when he was already dead. How come we never see this in one of those Heritage Moments on TV? This was a guy I personally knew- no fantasy here.

Then the American Indians (now First Peoples) who were completely broken as a people walking slowly and looking at the ground, and never in the eye (I have that problem), truly back of the bus when they took the bus. I didn’t go to the back, I picked a seat in the middle and nobody ever sat beside me except one pretty girl who defied convention and made a point to sit beside me. This was in the 1970s. I’m no fool - all the other people who could not sit beside me or speak up about imprisoned fellow Canadians without reason, all are to blame!

I have to make the blanket statement even though a small percentage did care. But nothing changes! Nothing changes! So I have an idea and I’m going to shove it up everyone’s ass everywhere because this is human nature and most of human nature sucks because it is nature and nature is the law of the jungle. I am guilty myself and have to fight it constantly. But the positive mandate does work and seems to be the best idea to right the wrongs. But you watch, I’m sure people drop to their knees, cup their hands together, look to the heavens, and pray to God that my mission goes nowhere. I guarantee you that happens! And that is why a bastard like me is the only one to ram an idea like this through to the highest levels.

I have to do it on my own, and just where are the army of people that have my back on this idea, maybe a handful in all the world. And there you go - if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem. But don’t bother and find out something about yourself you don’t want to confront - I understand, I don’t endorse it, but I understand - I can do this on my own. Cowardice and hate rock on.....

Fuck!

Thank God I did things the way I did. One other example, a YouTube guy I watch. He puts on an act as a redneck. Anyway he had an advertisement he allowed (and he did vet it I’m sure, but never figured on the racist hate of most of his viewers when they are anonymous - now he knows!) where one of the recipients in a car giveaway was Black Lives Matters. The outrage was so intense he had to pull the ad, re-edit the show and issue an apology (hint - stay with the hair loss creams). Listen to the money talk over anything else.....

But fear not, when I ”cram the idea up the asses”, even the worst of society will see the benefits to themselves - self-interest - and have to rethink and reform their attitudes - not by force - but by their own means - the only way for massive global change for the best in everyone. It’s genius, it’s diabolical - I give to you: The Positive Mandate for Humanity!

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/QFuyBl9Fr14

https://youtu.be/Vpn3k8mxjqY
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever wondered why almost everyone on Youtube avoids the subject of Covid 19 like the plague? The reason is because in March Youtube declared it a “sensitive topic” and as such if you talked directly about the pandemic you could not monetize the video. I hope you also see that money can be used in all sorts of ways to influence creativity and is the reason why I made my organizations able to run on vapours. If you need money to keep your organization running, then the person paying those bills is the master. Right now I pay the bills so all is good in terms of influence. But get a backer, a donor, or anyone or thing that keeps the lights on in your organization and sooner or later that person or entity starts calling the shots. We don’t need money from YouTube or even subscribers or likes. We don’t play that game, we just need a platform to help get the word out.

Apart from that not much to do but get the hair cut and update some websites and finish watching some movies. I have to renew my licence as the online option these days isn’t anything you want to stake your life on - so the never ending lineup this week.

What else?

While I’m still pissed off at the world I’m still glad that I got this chance to try and make it better. Disseminating an idea/concept/philosophy that is almost a cure all for all the systemic hurt everywhere on earth is the best if not the only way to go. Flexible enough to fix and give direction for unforeseen issues while addressing all current issues all at once - globally - gives us the best bang-for-the-buck. An inconceivable amount of hurt can be eliminated just by this idea/concept/philosophy. You can’t solve the world’s problems one at a time as it’s too slow and will never end. My way is better with the positive mandate. Disseminate from the top in down and have it spread and take hold like a virus. The plan worked for Covid 19 so this one should work even better.

Having said that, you do worry about unintended consequences of your meddling with the world and humanity. The future world my be a happier place but also - not quite - how you would have imagined it.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/2DoyYn-k-M0

https://youtu.be/foHoJY6Az9Y
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another weekend where nothing really got done. I took the family up to a lake on Sunday for a change of scenery but that was about it.

It’s just this waiting game for another two days. After that I should be free. Then the shows go to FOF Entertainment and the series to its own dedicated channel. I doubt there will be much action at first as the stuff is two years old and the States and UK got their fill already. But one way or another it should be up there for everyone to see - finally!

I watched another low budget movie called “Weapon of Choice” also called “Fist 2 Fist: 2”. The director is also the lead and was in the original highly acclaimed “Fist 2 Fist”. So the main actor decided to direct this one along with his editor. Usual for a low budget first time film. The stunt coordinator is also one of the lead henchmen- you get the drift as this is low budget.

The acting and actors are mostly unknown but it is a action King Fu movie for guys so acting isn’t that important. It’s all about the fight scenes. My only criticism is that since it’s a fight movie for guys, you need some more nudity in between the action to keep a guy’s attention. At the beginning there is a fight and the hero takes them all out, but it was a birthday party for one of the thugs with a stripper of course. But no nudity and only some pasties on this girl. It would have been better to have brought in a real stripper and shown some skin as after that first scene you lost your main audience except for the hard core fight enthusiasts. The skin flash would keep many there just for the expectation of more skin later on (a Quentin Tarantino move) - guys are simply made this way. I have seen big time reviewers give more favourable reviews to films that threw in some skin when things dragged a bit - sorry to say but it works for guy flicks. The best part of the first fight scene is where one of the thugs grabs and stands behind the stripper telling the hero to drop the gun. Unlike the usual hero who hesitated to save the girl or shoots with impossible accuracy killing the thug and sparing the girl (Dirty Harry), he shoots both like crazy also killing the stripper in the process - finally a real life senario! What makes the lack of skin even worse is that the next fight is between rival thugs at a strip club and over strippers. Why not some more skin as it’s even part of the plot and not even gratuitous?

They only threw in some skin when the hero gets shot and has to take some time to heal and gets some action with the female lead but only when it really dragged, but the female lead actually shows her bum and boobs for
the film - it helps at bit. The other female lead is supposedly his teenage daughter which probably would look wrong in this movie seeing her naked - which they did anyway but nothing important shows. So there are really slow moments where some skin - even after production - would have kept the male audience in their seats. The ending makes up for it all as the hero has to fight his way to his daughter through a crowd of thugs each with their own skill sets including Japanese sword play. This is where you get your monies worth.

Remember this is low budget and you can’t bring everyone back to reshoot if the things drag in spots. I believe the female lead skin shot was done after production and they added it in later to keep interest. It’s only two people so that was doable anywhere. But as it stands the martial arts folk have it high praise and everyone else gave it one star. See I wasn’t kidding about the skin thing. It’s a cheap (in terms of film making and actual cost) fix to a B-movie - this isn’t “Gone With The Wind”. To sprinkle the skin in there so the male audience overlooks the bad acting works - sorry to say this but it would have elevated the film. It’s a seedy film about thugs and strippers and prostitution so it’s not gratuitous, even the hero is not a saint as he was an assassin for hire.

Mine is a doco but I’m sure the critiques will come in hot and heavy. The problem for me is that it is a documentary as in real life. I can’t change the story to make it more watchable. The people are ordinary in looks and ability - but it is what it is and the fact we got places is the story. But it will be compared to commercial works and dissed. Man, the problems I had like mixing SD and HD material. We moved over to HD before the editors were even available to edit it. So downgraded to SD and later upgrade to HD. The video was always this constant nightmare of dimly lite bars and night life which was hard for these old cameras. But I digress.....

But enough of this. Two more days and I can start to wrap up the video and concentrate on other things for awhile. We will produce more video projects in the future but the one that mattered really tested and drained me. I need a break from all that drama and rejection.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/LgKf-CLs-O4

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/V7Nci-GVuHE
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it’s the day for me…..

Our first broadcast camera - totally worthless today!

Today is the day I might start to truly wrap up the video project we started all the way back in 2004. Of course the advocacy continues and that needs to be archived and we may do more shorts and docos as needed and music videos. But the experiment is basically done. I was looking at all the stuff in our studio; we keep all the old camcorders to access the old tapes. That old Sony PD170 and that old Canon XH-A1 that I was using up till now - I can’t even find tapes for the thing anymore. I may try Vistek and Henrys today just to see if I can score anymore, otherwise it is BH Photo. I do have old tapes with junk on them I could use but maybe one more box for old time’s sake. Tripods, all aluminum that nobody wants with old worn out cameras that nobody wants. Some old boom mics that nobody wants. You get the idea, old stuff from 16 years ago cluttering up the studio. It still looks good but has little value, sort of a history of amateur video that sometimes touched on professional.

Shooting The Fortress TV Show back in 2004!

I still have an old new cassette player and old stereo equipment from the mid-1980s. Old music making programs on Windows XP, the list goes on. These are all mostly memories or ghosts of my past. The experiment and all the dreams we had back them. Mine mostly came through and I just kept going and moving the bar higher. I have a stack of newspapers I should just throw out, but I call it my monument to the real newspaper industry, that stack of newsprint in my office and another stack on a plastic skid in the storage room. Ghosts and memories.

All the cameras used in all our productions - all totally worthless today!

In video we did it all from shows broadcast on the largest TV networks in Canada, to movies shown in one of the largest theatres in Toronto, the festival circuit, then to the streaming services and on and on, I went around the block on that one. All told it cost about 140,000 dollars and that was the budget for our movie and TV series as it all is on those projects. It’s hard to believe but its 16 years of my life in this. I’m not going to bother you with the question of whether it was worth it as it most certainly was, but now there is a certain finality to the TV and movie making part of it. Video was special when we started that first day way back in September 18, 2004, and our first TV broadcast on September 18, 2005; and it almost seems fitting to close that whole project on September 18, 2020! That’s coming up this Friday of all days. And on Friday we will pretty much know the fate of Netflix and YouTube and all the other avenues for dissemination of the positive mandate.

The actual Digital Betacam tape used for our first TV Show on Global TV!

This is not the end of video for us, not by any stretch of the imagination. But the end of old fashioned traditional video making for sure. The video landscape has really changed since I started back in Sunny Brook Park way back when. Now any cell phone can do what my expensive broadcast camcorders could do back them with maybe the exception of zoom. But time moves on and I have moved on. The movies and the shows are important as I have to have something to talk on as I advocate for the positive mandate. So all those years of production and all those years of sitting at that editor (or instrument of torture as I called it) were not for nothing as it set the foundation for what I am doing today.

So maybe a big day or a big letdown or a big nothing which is more telling. But we enter a new chapter for video at FOF. And on the personal daily side of things I did renew my plate sticker on Monday. I should also wash the license plate for improved visibility. While this is a negative for red light cameras and photo radar - it is a plus for cops scanning your car from behind. Now the scan shows up to date plate and insurance and 60 year old fart driving a V6 Mustang - nothing to see here! And so far that seems to be working so - as a “visible minority” - I’ll take that less likely chance being pulled over - over - the automated stuff any day.....

Goodnight…..

https://fofentertainment.com/FOF_Show_Intro_Long.wmv

https://youtu.be/aKnX5wci404
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I’m going to drop “The Fortress Experiment” movie on Friday for all the rest to see - finally.....

Everyone that mattered and was interested back in 2018 got free admission to the Royal Cinema here in Toronto and free DVDs (some mailed out for free by me if contacted) when we premiered the film in December of 2018. It then made the festival circuit rounds coming close twice but never making it to a showing. I do wonder why I didn’t just carpet bomb the smaller festivals and just have gone there for the experience and fun of meeting others. These small festivals play the B-Movies in far off Cineplexes desperate for patrons or convention centres showing mediocre films on Epson projectors in convention halls while the family vacations somewhere else in town. Again, post Covid it looks enticing but at the time I wanted a real festival with bragging rights. But what is done is done and we treated our movie like a A-List and got lots of rejection on that scale like everyone else. Heck, TIFF is going on right now and we were involved in it last year, should have gotten more involved while being looked at by TIFF, but it is what it is.

TIFF!

How many people have done this?

So most involved in the movie saw it. Most in Toronto saw it. Most of my family saw it. Most in the United Nations saw it. Then we got on Prime and the rest in the States and the UK saw it. We even made money (from rent or buy as streaming is pennies on the dollar). And here we are now ramping it up for true global dissemination for free!

But before Friday I need to put up a trailer for the film. I know where to get it. It will be a humble trailer but this most likely will be my only feature length film so a trailer it shall be. I’ll put it up later today and just be done with it. It’s a movie about empowering ordinary people so it’s not “Star Wars” or “Interstellar” or even “Fist 2 Fist: 2”. But the message of the movie delivers in Mega Tons! All that stuff happens today.

So the film first and then the series which takes off from the film but three times more detail. So if you watch the film and get enamoured with one of the vignettes, you can go to the series show and get the whole “unabridged” story. Then I’ll throw in our variety show and the original Fortress TV Show and all the rest. It will all be out there and then I go to India and see how the brown guy does there.....

Now for smaller - less significant and superficial matters.....

My Apple Watch 5 - still relevant and looks current!

First is the big news that my stainless steel Apples Watch Series 5 is outwardly indistinguishable from the stainless steel Apple Watch Series 6! The update was one of the most pathetic in history with the watch just getting blood oxygen measuring ability - which all Apple watches could do if enabled (though less reliably) and that was it. 20% better performance in a chip that doesn’t use it or always on altimeter is not news or a reason to upgrade. The only way to know my watch is not series 6 is to take it off and look on the back where the sensor arrangement is slightly changed and where the series is stamped on the watch. So I’m a happy camper as all the other premium models have changed colours for the new year and all aluminum models have a differently styled crown. Only true plain stainless steel with the same crown was not changed at all and I got it. So for you Apple fan girls and boys, I scored for another year in the most superficial way! But it was fun listening to all the Apple fan girls gushing over the new watches, and leaks and how they got up extra early to find one leak was wrong - first world problems - and all these people are cool stylish people easy on the eyes, but it was a fun distraction and I scored in the most pretentious, superficial way in the Apple universe. Oh, new watch bands: As in new rubber bands - I’m not joking, a new rubber band that is a one piece band made of rubber - literally a “rubber band” and all for you at an obscenely outrageous price! Oh, and they also offered up the woven rubber band made from rubber and recycled worn out used string (you can’t make this up) at an even more outrageous price! And this year when you spend 1200 dollars on an Apple Watch you don’t even get the power brick to recharge (to save the environment - yah right) but have to buy it separately at an outrageous price with tons of non- environmental packaging..... Courage! Only at Apple; so time to move on till the iPhone launch.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/71CNtavR__Q
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trailer is now finished:

https://youtu.be/5fAS7-E-s3g (latest version)

That may be the fastest cut trailer in the history of movie making - 7 edits! I'm not changing it, but as a documentary going where we want to go it is just about perfect. This is not a commercial project and should not be evaluated as per fantasy commercialism. This is about real people reaching beyond whatever they thought they were capable of. Compare your life to what they are doing and see that this could be your life! And that is the big takeaway - that this could be your life if you let the positive mandate help you to realize your dreams and ambitions all within the life and responsibilities you now lead. Nobody takes off to Los Angeles to be a rock star; they simply live more fulfilling lives in the lives they have and that is huge! Let me repeat that: HUGE!!!!! And since this was a controlled experiment - the results speak for everyone on earth!

Our show at night on the marquee of The Royal Cinema!

Anyway, you won't have to wait long to see the actual movie as I am uploading it now to YouTube as we speak. It will automatically premiere on Youtube at about 1:15AM EST (September 18, 2020) I believe - the premiere notification is there if you search for FOF Entertainment Inc. and there will be the countdown. This is the original theatrical movie release version except that it is in 16X9 instead of the 1:185 wide screen ratio we used for a 400 seat theater. I still found it amazing that our old SD video looked so good on a 40' screen in wide screen - that just totally blew my mind! But the movie will be available tomorrow on the 16th anniversary of our first taping of The Fortress TV Show and the 15th anniversary of the airing of The Fortress TV Show on Global TV on good old Channel 3! I am so glad to have my videos on a platform that openly states the same fundamental ideology of free expression we advocate and a platform I spend all my time on - if I am honest with you guys. Anyway, there will be a big announcement tomorrow - so stay tuned!

Our film on a 40' wide screen (that red light is an exit sign))!

In other news:

I updated my iPhone to iOS14 and no issues so far. And this on an old iPhone 6S Plus that is almost 5 years old - then I updated my Apple Watch 5 (stainless steel model) to Watch OS 7 and I really only see the extra watch faces as the big take off.

We also got special status at IMDb.com as a media company so that means we can tweak and add trailers directly to our shows on that site. That was particularity hard as entry requirements mandate at least one TV series - which we have - and the proper corporate identity, but it is cool to be "pissing with the big dogs in the tall grass" on IMDb! Man the last few days have been busy.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jessica King wrote:
The Fortress Experiment on YouTube!

By Jessica King FOF Inc. / FOF Entertainment Inc.

FOF Entertainment Inc. is pleased to announce that we now have the feature length documentary called The Fortress Experiment available for viewing on YouTube at:

https://youtu.be/wUgkGUP4o9g

Please note that the channel is FOF ENTERTAINMENT INC. and the movie and trailer are found there. The movie premiered early this morning of this 18th of September as that was the anniversary of the start of taping of the first show (September 18 2004) and the experiment, and also the anniversary of our first television broadcast on Global TV exactly a year later (September 18 2005). The trailer can be found here for those who want a taste of the movie before diving in:

https://youtu.be/5fAS7-E-s3g

Our show at night on the marquee of The Royal Cinema!

Previous to this the movie premiered at the 400 seat Royal Cinema in Toronto on December 22 (2018) and then was streaming on Prime Video in the United States and the UK. Our migration to YouTube let’s everyone in the world now see the movie and aids us in our international advocacy as YouTube does not have the regional restrictions we faced with Prime Video. So sit back and enjoy your favorite FOF Entertainment artists in our movie called The Fortress Experiment now available everywhere on our YouTube channel!

The Fortress Experiment on Prime Video!

https://thefortressexperiment.com
https://fofentertainment.com

FOF ENTERTAINMENT: ENTERTAINMENT FOR EVERYONE!

A bunch of stuff.....

Now that Netflix pitch for the movie and TV series is taking too long, I'm taking ourselves out of contention even before we get a rejection letter - I think they call that empowerment but really, we can't wait and just have to move ahead with the advocacy. Like Prime, I told you guys we were moving out of there and to watch the Prime shows for a few days/weeks before we did so - well we did so. The reality was that Prime was too regionally restrictive but the clincher was deleting one of the TV shows due to some complaint, that was it there and then, and sorry if I ruminated over that a bit too much here but that was how pissed off I was at the time. Prime does not have the freedom of expression policy like YouTube does, so they can do as they wish, but we don't have to stay there and take that nonsense and so YouTube it is. Netflix would have been nice but only for my ego and pride, and we have to move on with the advocacy, so while they drag their heals at Netflix we are going to upload the episodes of the Positive Mandate for Humanity TV series and have it there for everyone and anyone interested in our advocacy!

Now, the producer at TVO did make the case for YouTube a few years ago, but I spent a ton of money and time and years of my life on that stuff, and I wanted to experience as much of the media industry before it totally morphed into something else, and so far so good. We got on traditional Network TV twice, and had the movie shown in a big old movie theater just like the ones I used to go to in my youth, and we got on one of the most popular subscription based commercial streaming platforms for almost a year and actually made money off the videos (purchases mainly as streams are pennies on the dollar). That stroked my ego and the experience was all good (even the film festival business) - but now it is time to really get serious about advocacy on the ground and the only platform that can do it is YouTube.

What the movie looked like as you joined it in progress!

We premiered the movie just after one in the morning my time and it plays like a show on TV, and that is it plays and if you miss the start you just pick it up in progress! You can also chat with the other viewers as the thing plays. All in all it was a cool experience as I popped in and out of the showing. So when we show the TV series we will pick a time on the weekend and play one episode a week as a premiere same time, same channel - just like on TV. Afterward people can watch it as they wish. Now it is not lost on me that all this stuff is two years old, so the numbers will be small here, but soon we should pick up as we branch out into the browner areas of the world that never heard of us or our ideas. But it is great to finally be out of all that rejection and angst that went with the video stuff the last number of years. So many channels and networks and such that we petitioned and so much rejection. I am just glad to be done with that! Even if Netflix wants our stuff it would have to be worldwide and include YouTube, so if they want to talk I probably would have to give them a rejection face to face - yes Netflix - and how cool would that be.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Positive Mandate for Humanity Channel on YouTube is set up and I edited a funny trailer for the TV series and here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Dy4p92FFD1mCXNgvfkuuw

The channel has 0 subscribers and 0 views - I love it!

More later as I slept through the afternoon and have to get to the mall before it closes.....

Ok, I'm back! So the TV series trailer is not quite like the movie trailer. More laid back with me nowhere to be seen. I added Mitzy (a Burlesque dancer) just shaking her boobs for us but with pasties on (just like that move I reviewed last week "Fist 2 Fist: 2/Weapon of Choice", so while I criticize that movie I find out I'm guilty of the same thing - too funny!). That should be ok without a warning, but if there is an issue we should find out soon so I will know he real limits beforehand. So check out the trailer but on a Saturday night you should be watching the movie. You can see it here:

https://youtu.be/wUgkGUP4o9g

Listen; if you are a regular here you should watch that movie. How many people do you know in your life that made a feature length movie and had it in a theater and on Prime Video? I would watch it just for laughs at the very least - it won't bite. But we are not on YouTube for views or likes or subscriptions. We are here to move an idea and philosophy forward. I already made some money at Prime Video, it is actual money direct deposited into the corporate account and one month we had a nice return - I could actually go out on the town and stuff my face on that deposit - so been there and done that! I don't expect any money from YouTube, just that they keep the videos up for people to see.

So give my gang a chance and watch the movie or the upcoming TV series where you already know the real back-story of it all, it's a different take on something you do every day watching TV or videos but rarely do it this way. I guess it's sort of like being a cast member and finally watching the show. Some never do out of principle, but the minor cast does and catch nuggets and jokes that only they are privy to because they lived the experience in real time as many of you regulars did with me here. But that is up to you.....

Goodnight or later - take your pick.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will go from high importance to low
importance today.

I’m in a pretty good mood lately having ditched Amazon and moved to YouTube. I told Jessica that being on Amazon was like being in a grave yard - as in no fun. Being on YouTube means that anyone anywhere can watch it and there are many more things I can do with the material. Ultimately I am a pitching an idea, a vision for humanity and a philosophy that shows through an experiment the best and happiest way to live your life and sets the framework for global adoption and ultimately human goals and destiny. I thought I would see many more players like me at the UN but I am afraid so far it was only me. So not one out of a million, or one out of a billion - but maybe only one out of eight billion. It actually could be just me, that is by multiple years of travel and observation at the United Nations and my radar was up for it! Humanity needs a choice and now I suppose it is the way things are and the Positive Mandate for Humanity. Try to get your head around all that! But who else could it be? You have to be an outcast separated from society. You have to have the ability to step outside normal human thought systems and examine it all from the outside. There are only so many people that are in this headspace. So we continue, no reason to change anything as the saying goes: “if it ain’t broken - don’t fix it!

Next.....

For Sunday I will revise the movie trailer with quicker and more clips of participants but otherwise the same. The Positive Mandate trailer changes to The Fortress Variety Show trailer with a non-pastie strip tease so I can add that to the variety show IMDB Page. We will create a new trailer for the positive mandate series with the original participants and leave it at that.

Next.....

I’m happy that the Apple Watch 6 is nothing more than an Apple Watch 5 with the blood oxygen level sensors. Next year without the pandemic restrictions should see a radical redesign of the watch, but two years rock’in what looks like the latest watch is good enough for me especially since I got the expensive stainless steel model. One year with that high end watch would be a shame but stretched to two years which was the usual Apple upgrade cycle is fine. Totally superficial but I warned you.....

Goodnight....

https://youtu.be/U6avMz3WU2M
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jessica King wrote:
The Positive Mandate for Humanity TV Series now on YouTube!

By Jessica King FOF Inc. / FOF Entertainment Inc.

FOF Entertainment Inc. is pleased to announce that we now have the TV series called The Positive Mandate for Humanity available for viewing on YouTube at:

https://youtu.be/KjE3t9XTvww

Please note that the channel is Positive Mandate for Humanity and the series of shows and trailer are found there. The TV series premiered on Prime Video. The trailer can be found here for those who want a taste of the series before diving in: https://youtu.be/_Cb3pXPwXpg

The TV series in Prime Video!

Previous to this the TV series premiered on Amazon Prime Video streaming in the United States and the UK. Our migration to YouTube let’s everyone in the world now see the TV series and aids us in our international advocacy as YouTube does not have the regional restrictions we faced with Prime Video. So sit back and enjoy your favourite FOF Entertainment artists in our TV series called The Positive Mandate for Humanity now available everywhere on our YouTube channel: Positive Mandate for Humanity!

The first episode of the series will premiere on Saturday September 26 at 9:00PM and the same time and day until all nine episodes are finished. The link to the fist show countdown can be found here:

https://youtu.be/7k5cEzDL0FM

https://positivemandateforhumanity.com
https://fofentertainment.com

FOF ENTERTAINMENT: ENTERTAINMENT FOR EVERYONE!

The movie and TV series are now set up on YouTube. That actually took all of the weekend fixing everything up. Man, the variety show teaser had to be stretched for the kids as they thought the SD with grey bars was a turn off for a teaser so it’s all 16X9 (even though I didn’t uprez and sharpen anything). This is fine for close-ups but zoom back and watch the details go to mush. But we have trailers and teasers and the actual movie and the premiere of the first show of the TV series. It will take nine weeks to get it all done but I want to draw it out a bit and have some fun and build a base while at it. We are showing it like regular TV and premium shows that premiere at a certain time and then on-demand after that.

You can check out the links here:

What else?

I spent Monday morning waiting in-line at Bestbuy to get one of the last leather knock off straps of the Apple Watch leather straps for 20 bucks. No, I’m not spending 4-5 hundred dollars on a strap that cost them 10 bucks to make! And the funny thing is that it fits like a glove. I had expected poor fitting hardware to get around patents but this one fits. And it is brown leather with stainless steel hardware just like my watch! So that worked out really well. But now I have to rush and do the regular things I do on a weekday. At least the Amazon experience is now behind me and now the YouTube experience begins. It is different, like finally getting a comment and having it link to a porn website – Hahaha….. But it is more fun than Amazon. I can use Prime Video as bragging rights for the material as that is where it went originally. But I hope you see the life arc of a movie or TV series. It starts in the theatre, then to some decent streaming distribution and finally to the everyone platform. It's just faster for indie! This experience worked for me and the advocacy as it is all good along with its advantages at the end for me – not so much for the others that aren’t into advocacy so can’t make that argument and advantage for YouTube.

Always - I have to get going…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more day as a sixty year old and tomorrow I turn 61. Sure doesn’t feel like it or look like it. I told this guy my age yesterday after he said I should cut my hair as I had “jungle hair” - you tell them and they just stare at you.

Me in a year or two!

Meanwhile everyone around me gets older and starts falling apart. Dad getting older and people my age spending more time at the doctors and hospitals and people using canes and walkers, while I just trundle along only worrying about being current with my Apple stuff.....

I’m sure it will end in a big way very soon, like hitting a brick wall so I have to keep at the advocacy. The video stuff is done and we will tidy up the music, but there should always be something happening there at the record label.

Really I should try to get media attention for the positive mandate, and that is the next objective. Get media attention and hob knob with the geeks at the AI conferences like last year and even the sci-fi folk. A newspaper article or two would help immensely. Just get the idea grounded and officially out there as a taking point. Then back to places like the UN.

That is the plan for me going forward. Money is now for advocacy and finishing up current projects. The only long term plan now is the world wide vote and the positive mandate. At least when the birthday happens tomorrow I have the long term exit plan for all this.

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/B1osAui0ue0
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 1:00PM my time I turn 61!

It’s just another day for me personally. And while I will be 61, biologically I have more in common with a 53 or 54 year old as that comes usually unsolicited from doctors looking at some more telling parts of my body. It sure feels like they are right as I don’t feel that old. I don’t look that old and all the rest, but whatever, in years I will be 61 and The Fates gave me a few years to do things before I age rapidly and become another old fart trundling along with a walker.

The Fates!

So why give me extra years? Because I have to do things!

Like pushing The Positive Mandate for Humanity. Pushing and disseminating an idea takes time. I already disseminated the positive mandate from the top down starting at the United Nations, and now we just keep going in other areas. The idea of humanity’s goal of the freest expression of our mental and physical selves because it makes us happy – as our marching orders – contributes to human growth in all our lives and not just in free speech or technology. It means dating and marrying the person you want, it means unfettered opportunity in the job market, unfettered opportunity in schooling and so on. It points the way without telling us concretely what the end goal is, it gives true self-determination. It’s a great idea and our Fortress Experiment (taken over a period of 13 years) proves that it is correct and does not negatively impact the individuals involved, their families, communities and nations. So with the extra years I will be doing that.

Like for sentient AI for one. Even though it sounds fantastical today, we are playing with fire here in quantum computing. Ever since I got involved at IBM the limit was first set at 160 qubits or so (they are currently at 65 qubits). Now it’s 1000 qubits by 2023 and maybe 1 million qubits in the future if you believe IBM (as of September 15 2020: 127 qubits in 2021, 433 in 2022 and 1000 in 2023). Work has already begun on huge bunkers to house the machines at 0 degrees Kelvin and protected from surface radiation that creates errors for the qubits. 1000 or even 1 million qubit computers are immeasurable processing power and nobody knows what will happen. If true sentience or self-awareness comes forth the new “mind” should have been given some base engrams to point the way to its growth. Right now the Positive Mandate is the only one that states its objective which is the freest expression of itself mentally and physically because it makes one happy. That gives it direction and a first feeling. For the meddling humans is could be a survival safeguard as it makes the AI a “fractal” (for want of a better metaphor) of the best of humanity and this familial link could be of benefit going forward. Otherwise you are dealing with Chaos Theory. I won’t give you tortuous or convoluted arguments that few would really understand, just take it that computing is going where nobody knows and that is dangerous without some safeguards. There are many ways to think and this prime engram placed just above the hardware language would keep us in contact with the AI as there is no reason why an AI should think like us at all - without some help that is. The base engram can’t be made by a scientist or a businessman; it has to come from a philosopher.....

Like for the worldwide vote. The idea of a worldwide vote on issues of importance globally to all is a possibility right now. The best place I can see is for it to happen at the United Nations as a popular vote to help in policy making there. I have already gotten some push back this spring at the UN but that was to be expected. We will continue to soft sell the idea as it’s an idea whose time has come!

Me at 18, and I was actually coding at this time!

Here is the proof I was actually coding in the 1970s!

So that is the plan going forward. The AI stuff may bring a chuckle to some, but for the kids they believe we would get self-aware AI in twenty years but it may happen sooner. The original pioneers are now so old you can’t count on them for the real advocacy anymore. No, the task goes to those slightly younger than them but still born in a time before computers and quantum computing. That is me as I am the age to still analyze the situation and the age to have known life before the computer and the effects since and render a judgment and solution to keep the lives and sprit of humanity going. You cannot judge if you were born into a world where you took computers and computing for granted. Those like me are best for that judgment. I even hated and despised computers in my twenties when my dad taught it at NAIT and Ryerson. At Ryerson I was even coding in COBOL at the age of like 17 or 18 or so. I was in on quantum computing when it was just informal table talk at Thanksgiving Dinner and so on – I own this as it happened on my watch and with my family. Now of all things, I am helping in development of a possible self-aware AI – that is how strange life can be! I’m still spry and healthy and can do whatever it takes to get my ideas out there. The Fates want the ideas and decisions based on those ideas to play out and that means people who will not die in the middle of things. So I may have a few extra years even as I turn 61.....

Me at 59 pitching the Positive Mandate for Humanity at the United Nations - how time flies!

Episode 1 of the Positive Mandate for Humanity premieres this Saturday at 9:00PM EST! on the Positive Mandate for Humanity channel on YouTube!

Goodnight.....

Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late post but stuff had to get done at the office.

Jessica Today!

Speaking of which, who was that strange Jessica who is posting announcements lately? She is no stranger at FOF, she is actually Buttonz and has been around here for 12 years! With all the changes Covid 19 did to everyone it changed some things at FOF and Jessica stepped to fill the void. Sam is still around but still on maternity leave along with Shane, but Jessica stepped up when I needed it and I never properly made note of the fact primarily because she has been around for so long. So get used to it, another face making announcements and such.

Jessica when I met her for the first time!

In other news something exciting showed up at the office today and I was pleasantly surprised. You will have to wait for tomorrow to find out.

Sam with a big advertising contract at More Vision!

Oh, I’m over the old age stuff now.

Later.....

https://youtu.be/EKXzahSHKo0
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well crap! Our image resize option is broken and Jessica can’t post our Amazon DVD photos of the DVDs I got yesterday. It’s not the end of the world but I wanted to make a splash of it as I’m a DVD and Bluray junkie.

So I’m going to eat lunch and try again to do something basic. Lots of other stuff going on that I won’t get into, but don’t forget about our premiere of the TV series and you can find it here:

Remember it’s starts tomorrow at 9:00PM EST and you can comment amongst yourselves in real time. At best I only expect a hand full to watch it - but if the attendance goes up the next week I can say viewership of the TV series doubled in one week! I’ll just keep the numbers secret and years in the future when the overall numbers look better - everyone will be impressed Hahahahaha!

Later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - premiere day!

Today is the day! The day the series starts on YouTube! How many views do I expect tonight? Maybe 1-3! Am I embarrassed or worried: No!

You can watch episode 1 of a Positive Mandate for Humanity here:

For most indie producers like me, YouTube is absolutely the worst place for these kinds of educational shows (that is how Prime Video slotted us). For example - using actual numbers - the ratio tonight of YouTube to Prime Video is like this:

YouTube = 1 :: Prime Video = 1,640

How can this is be? First Prime video is the place for new feature length movies and traditional TV shows. Their search algorithms and suggestions work for our types of shows. YouTube works for more simple moment specific videos. Also my numbers in Prime are terrible for that platform and this was when most of the world was in lockdown during the start of the pandemic. We don’t have that advantage now with YouTube. For example I was one of the first in Toronto to get the Apple Watch Series 5 in premium stainless steel. And my studio is only five minutes away from the Apple Store. If I had just done a quickie unboxing video I would have beat most ordinary YouTubers and maybe even most sequestered journalists to the punch and gotten at least a few hundred thousands of views. But I don’t play that game even though there was this guy in line with me supposedly doing the same thing. But yes, my numbers on Prime Video are in another universe compared to my YouTube numbers and I actually made money off the stuff! I don’t expect to get a nickel from YouTube.

But I need people who I advocate, to be able to get my videos in front of them as I speak at international events and watch them in real time and only YouTube can do that! So I am sort of a freak in the video world that way and most would go to Prime Video or Vimeo at least. But Prime Video censored one of my episodes in the Positive Mandate for Humanity TV series and as a free speech guy who has Fortress of Freedom or FOF in almost every corporation and company name (except the advertising company), I could not stay there anymore so we are gone! Gone to YouTube.....

So the big shot producer at TVO with an Emmy Award staring me in my face as I waited for our meeting - was right all along.....

I will post a notice about the series premiere on my Facebook account I only use for this stuff. I think Dave will put a notice and maybe Dan if I can get a hold of him. And I’ll just see and archive the results and have some fun trying to up these numbers for next week. So that is the plan for Saturday.....

On Sunday we will review the physical DVD of The Fortress Experiment as sold through Amazon!

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/_Cb3pXPwXpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 326, 327, 328 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 327 of 416

Jump to: