Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 318, 319, 320 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I said it long ago and many times - but some folk at UCSB in the States are actually going to look for the quantum similarities between quantum computing and our own brains. This of course only will give credence (if successful) to my statements that the positive mandate be “the” base engram for sentient AI. If both minds are similar then they can’t be discriminated against each other - so - both need the positive mandate. We will keep an eye on this. Of course all this can be found in my book “Positive Mandate for Humanity” if you are brave enough to open it’s pages.....

The Fortress Experiment DVD disc face!

We will start the DVD art work with the current disc face seen above. The DVD case will probably have the top part of the old series poster seen below but with the stars of the movie on top and the movie name below. The rest of the movie goes to the back along with the usual and the “extra features” probably on a red overlay.

The Fortress Experiment poster for the original series!

What else?

I was toying with making all the musicians “performers” or actors and actresses, but I may just keep the label as is like an old fashioned record label. I have three other corporations to mess about with making money from the music - especially the advertising company (More Vision Inc.). So we will just stay the current course for the time being.

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick one today.

Waiting on everything - but you’ve heard that one before.

I updated my iPhone with the latest OS which has the tracking ability for Covid 19. Most updated to avoid the Apple mail vulnerability and got this added in as well. We started opening things up and so far cases are creeping up. The testing has always been inadequate but gives a sort of snapshot as to where the infection is heading.

Anyway I will just get through today and figure out all that has to be done in the next week. Finish the DVD case for sure. Corporate taxes and such. It’s just a week but a real working week.

One more thing: I’m an action man, I like doing things and making things happen - but this pandemic says otherwise. Yet we are still doing things even though there are only so many things you can do. That is life so if things are boring around here it is boring everywhere except the movies. Real life sometimes suck and all you can do is suck it up!

Later.....

https://youtu.be/WKqBSo4fExM
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the working holiday begins.....

I will start by working on the DVD and finishing that up. My attempts to get people to play the thing on their players was a waste of time - but I did try. Why is it important - because some players and software “Do” things to the DVD presentation.

Take - for example - chapter presentation. By default mine is a bunch of squares but on our blue logo background; but in Cyberlink it looks like the photo below which is better but something I need to check before it all goes out there!

The rest of this week is taxes and stuff like that. I am sorry but that is the best I can do. Ideally I would be this younger man doing this stuff with better optics and much more appealing to this crowd. But the reality is that I did try this when I was 28 and I failed miserably. I was young and still in my creative prime but I just could not do it! Even if I did, to get where I am now would still make me 45 which is better than 60 but still not the young buck who changes his world for the better - and then lives his life in the world he changed. That would be the ideal - just like in the movies - but it didn’t happen. If you are lusting after some leading man guy with the ability to change the world you will spend the rest of your life looking and waiting as he does not exist. Psychologically he would have to have lead a hard lonely life - but the pretty boys don’t live that life. But if you do see one pop up he is no doubt someone’s puppet and the puppeteers are probably my age.

The reality is that I am the reality. At least you get a better preserved guy from the 1950’s than most of my contemporaries out there. Plus, with no kids I can still be in the mindset of that 28 year old of my past. A guy my age with a grown up family would not do what I am doing. The chances of success are low, the costs too high, etc..... That “Ward Cleaver” character would never leave himself beholden to the dreams and aspirations of my 28 year old self - like I did. So you get this allure of youthful excitement in a guy like me who is nevertheless an old guy. Maybe you say someone like Elon Musk is a better example, but is he the same guy as his younger self? Or did he just turn into another industrialist? My saving grace is that I got back into this as an older person. It’s still fresh and new to me. If I had stayed in it since my twenties I would be corrupted by now. Time always does this to you - I even mentioned this corrupting aspect as time goes on in our first TV show!

But I am still the real deal and I haven’t sold out yet. But I am older than I would have liked and that is reality. I paid my own way which is hard but I don’t have the strings on my ability to act as Elon (for example) keeps finding out. There doesn’t seem to be any other way to do this and still be true to yourself. So - for example - you younger woman who would have like this old dude in younger packaging - I did try to give you what you wanted but this is what you get.....

And I do appreciate very much your psychic support throughout all this journey of ours. Just remember, I’m not your father as I never had kids. I’m just older and there was no way around this. The Covid 19 thing just reminds me of that fact. And that is why all the melancholy funk I’ve been in lately. I’m still pushing ahead with change in our world for the better. But if you look around, I’m what you get - sorry.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/m-anMZAFYwI
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m now forcing myself to relax and take it easy.....

Man, when I get in this old age funk you do think about things. Like how people think some things I talk about and push as “brilliant” but when I was in my intellectual prime I was known as the “crazy nigger”! Back in my prime, ideas just kept popping into my mind like a roll of fire crackers going off at once. This was the usual for me and I took it for granted. Then as you age into your late twenties you start to notice that some days the constant crackling of new ideas isn’t there as much. Then into the early thirties and its now good days where you have it as good as ever and then bad days where nothing happens. Then more bad days then good - but when a good day comes you walk around with pen and paper ready to write down any new ideas that popped into your head – and this actually would work! Then nothing but bad days - and that was in my thirties – at 60 the bad days are no longer bad – but usual – but I have been promoted to “brilliant” now that I’ve been dumbed down enough that the others can understand – what a joke.....

The version of me in my twenties is like looking at a different person now that I look back. Arrogant and sure of himself – but only within himself. To work among my fellow humans required me to become like one of them and none of the creative stuff tagging along. So you get this senile guy spewing ordinary ideas and finally getting somewhere with them - what a joke! - But that is reality again. But I clearly remember the horror and angst as I knew my best abilities were fleeting and lived the loss of them slowly but surely. I have that experience written down somewhere in my diaries. So it is true that I did try what I did these days and failed miserably. There is a difference there, but the difference is in relating to ordinary people; by myself I was unfettered in my thoughts. It was lonely in many ways but I was having fun like no other! Anyway, enough of that, I don’t even know how I could explain it all properly. It just leads to more of that old man funk!

In other news.....

This is obviously unfinished but this is where I am at!

I have started on the DVD files. Rudimentary stuff for now but things are starting to coalesce. You just keep at it. One crazy thing – if I had to mention the biggest shock of Covid 19 it was the death of that member of The Stranglers: Dave Greenfield. It doesn’t make any sense as I didn’t know his name or any of that; I just loved their song “Skin Deep” - at the time as it was relevant to me. But yes, that death announcement was the most memorable. RIP Dave Greenfield.....

Time for bed – Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/aw9mEFn38to
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the latest version of the DVD:

This is still unfinished but this is where I am at!

This is still unfinished but this is where I am at!

I replaced the old icon with the newer one. Putting all the stars of the movie up top is cheesy unless they truly have name appeal, so the movie name goes on top and the staring cast below. I gave myself the “A film by Maurice Ali” as this is probably the only time I’ll get to do that. All told I can live with that panel. The back is ok as it is. I’ll just keep looking at it for the rest of the week including the disc and then upload the thing and send it to Amazon. You can make real money with small sales on DVDs. When media went from physical to digital the creators got screwed. Like the music, downloads don’t pay - only advertising and that is a whole mess there with restrictions on your creativity. But physical sales allow you to do our own thing and pocket some cash. It’s a pity musicians can’t sell their songs in physical media and then into devices as that could save the industry right there. So maybe just have streaming for so many times and a sale needed thereafter, either like iTunes or CDs. Those are the only things that put money in your pocket.

But I digress.....

I finally cut my hair. I’m cleaning up around the house and I’ll take care of the squirrel problem this week. It’s all sort of mildly depressing but stuff is getting done. Most of all I need to relax. Nothing major is going on so just relax. Well yes there is the plague and if you get it you could die. So finish up the projects and get your house in order just in case. More pressure!

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/mMf_SJvrQe8
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick one today.....

Yes I know there are spelling mistakes in the DVD files, I’m not kidding when I say unfinished. Anyway, more work on that today then I start to finish up. I’m also watching movies and Sunday was “Joker”, much as I expected. It’s OK - but commercial. This is in contrast to “The One Eyed Girl” which is about cults even if it was never uttered. This film made the festival circuit, even Wikipedia and can be seen in Amazon Prime. The DVD cover is like mine but they have the actors on top in small print. I’ll check out the commentary later. For this film I thought the ending was too drawn out, (spoilers) the Jim Jones ending and then more action on a subway is too much to be believable but they made the festival circuit with a win so..... I contrast this with another movie called “Split Image” which was about a cult, but this movie deals with the family of a cult member and his kidnapping and deprogramming, it also shows life in the cult with the women no longer having menstruation and going out asking for money. The ending (spoilers) is more realistic with the cult trying to bring them back in and the two protagonists rejecting it and running off hand in hand. More to a real life drama.

What else?

Industrial Dance

Watching videos of industrial dance and really heavy German metal that is too out there for this crowd. But with industrial dance, I like it as there is more purpose or mechanically structured movement. It comes closest to military marching which I consider dance, especially with the women - but a form of dance nonetheless. I do tire of the dreads and furry exaggerated leggings so much in style. I like more spandex showing off the figure as it moves, for some the center of movement is the hands but for others it is the hips or littterally from the vagina out! The camera angle tells you where the dancer has the energy. It’s all good as long as the movement is honest and true to the source.

Revised web page!

Oh: New graphics and home page for: https://Lucifari.com

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/RtGKpgFCc1I

https://youtu.be/PVYlh66jB5w

https://youtu.be/H9WIqX5KY-0

https://youtu.be/tkylMPBxqYc
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll just check over the artwork a few more times and then just submit the thing.....

This is where I am at!

At best this DVD will look semi-professional which is ok as we never got real big time distribution. Basically, apart from the performances I did everything myself with no money or help on the production and distribution side. Even the cheesy movies that did get a play or two at the festivals didn’t have the uphill battle that I had all of the way all these years - and it never ends. Still no certification letter, still no cataloging at the government library, still at the dealer even though I counted nine cars in the bays and we were sixth in line (I’ll start a case with Ford if they don’t get to it this week). This is par for the course when you are a second or third class citizen. Even if I accomplished things internationally as it’s easier than at home, now that I’m back at home all the same problems I faced are still there. You just can’t fix stupid, and it is stupid as the vast majority of people probably don’t consciously know that they are perpetuating stereotypes - and that is why all this is stupid! Their actions are deliberate and the mindset delusional, but the funny part is how outsiders from other countries see this like me but those inside are blissfully ignorant of their own behaviour. But I digress.....

This is where I am at!

So, by the end of today I want the DVD done and uploaded and moving on to other things.

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/rwijEwQhaSA
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah – we are back up.....

So the DVD is done and uploaded to the Amazon servers. Even if Amazon rejects it – which I doubt – we would just press the DVDs ourselves. So I accomplished my goal of becoming part of the physical media (DVD) landscape that I covet – the DVD/Bluray physical movie media world. And I did it before it all died!

What else?

Well I celebrated afterward and decided to be true to myself as much as the “internet forever” would allow. After the death of my mother – who in the end was my greatest fan – I also have to acknowledge the love of my Oma. The more I think of it and the difference between me and my brown skinned contemporaries – it has to be my formative years with my Oma. Those first three to four years of my life. I spent five full days of the week with her. My first words that sprang from my lips were German. The kids I grew up with, the “foster” sister I slept with in the same bed as a child were all as a member of that German family true and no lie! Those were some of the happiest days of my life. I think with my own mind and evaluate with my own brain and absent of cultural stereotypes I passed judgment decades ago Without that German upbringing I would have totally embraced my society’s stereotypes including those of me. I guess she truly loved me could couldn’t throw me to the wolves without a good and proper German upbringing. My angst in my school years can only be attributed to my upbringing of my Oma and her German family pushing back against that of the society I grew up in. Will to Power is a German idea and what did I do in my later life by trying to enforce my will upon the entire world. I am a true diplomat in a way as I am beholden to no nation. My ideas are my own and apply to everyone everywhere without question! Check out my ideas and concepts. There is no nationality and xenophobia there - I am a man of the world and part of that is owed to my Oma. The stereotype of racism and all the rest didn’t translate to my life to make me a slave to it. My Oma fed me, kissed me, taught me German nursery rhymes and gave me the mental fortitude I would need to make a life for myself. That is what she gave me! I have only to see where I am now and where others like me are - but without my special upbringing – today. This is just a niggling aspect of my life I have to get out there; people are people everywhere. Anyway - enough of this. The DVD is done and now l am a free man for the rest of the week. But the reality is that you are also dealing with a German through and through when you look at this brown insect creature, it’s just what happened when my mind was formed as a child and I can‘t divorce myself from it. My formative years where my mind developed are German through and through – but in a brown form – you all will just have to deal with that fact – the mind of humanity is malleable to an infinite degree and I am but one example of that – Will to Power but without nationalism, xenophobia or racism – the new world! The base programming is what it is but I am more than that – I am now my own man…..

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/9bJP7Qe41Fk

https://youtu.be/_vJtt9PXPz8
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I’ll add this regular post in there as I hate to have my more melodramatic posts just sit there and linger.

Even though yesterday was quite busy, you still have time to think and have all those hidden past moments come back to haunt you. So my early years were nice and then everything turned upside down from grade one on, actually from the first day of grade one on. But the worst was my grade one teacher insisting I was mentally retarded and needed to be held back. My dad who graduated top of his class in civil engineering and now at the U of A doing research for his Master’s Degree wasn’t buying that and had a clinical psychologist test me and show I had above average intelligence and moved on to grade two. Same shit in high school, older fart bastards and basteresses wanted me streamed into a trade but the younger "Mod Squad” teachers found this unfair and fought for me to be streamed into university as I wanted. One of them actually met up with me to tell me what was going on. And so it went this way all the way to graduate school. It’s constant and unrelenting and everyone sooner or later gives up except for maybe one of one hundredth of one percent. Even now I face the same shit - unrelenting. And this very society I call home has the gall to call itself a democracy where everyone is created equally. Bull shit! But the worst is the holier than thou attitude everyone has about other societies and countries while blissfully fucking up and supporting a lie at home! The UN was one of the best things to happen to me - I had to reorient my mind a bit but you have to be outside a society to truly evaluate it and make improvements.

But enough of that.....

I did manage to watch a movie called “Badge of Honor” starring Martin Sheen. It’s a good cop vs. crooked cop movie with known actors and a five million dollar budget that went straight to DVD. And on my stand alone player I thought there was something wrong with my disc as it just went to playing the movie, same here so I guess the simpler DVDs are like that. And I had to purposely bring up the main menu just like mine. So the file I gave Amazon is a good one after all I suppose. One Eyed Girl had a budget of 1.1 million and less than seven thousand box office but at least it did play in a theatre. Badge of Honor didn’t even get that so it’s on IMDB but not Wikipedia. But five million dollars down the drain. I supposed most went to the actors as the production was cheap - but still! My lowly movie cost 140,000.00 but you can see where the money went. And we did as much as we could with the cash! So the thrill was to be this close to a five million dollar movie in the end. Yes it is so similar in many ways! Even the back of the DVD case shows the lack of players involved. This movie was ditched probably during production and everyone ran! No extras like commentary - and when I see this omission in movies of this caliber it means the director is embarrassed and just wants the movie to “disappear”. Others like me are proud of their achievement and want to prattle about it endlessly. And this five million dollar production has innumerable spelling mistakes in the credits! On indie productions the director makes sure everyone is included and the names and positions spelled correctly as that is all the cast gets. So that was Wednesday and Thursday is relaxing and setting up the corporations for on-line tax. Ho hum.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/uaaOanHcGQ8
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura wrote:
The Fortress Experiment DVD on Sale at Amazon!

By Laura Tommasone, Fortress of Freedom Inc.

The Fortress of Freedom Corporation is excited to announce that our movie The Fortress Experiment in DVD form is now on sale at Amazon. The DVD is priced at $9.99 and unlike the streaming platforms the DVD has extras included like our short Real Life: Real Lives, movie commentary by the director and production stills. The DVD can be purchased as of today’s date and shipped almost anywhere in the world. So for those who want to see our movie but are shut out by regional limitations on the streaming platforms, this is another way to enjoy our movie!

The DVD at Amazon can be found here:

https://www.amazon.com/Fortress-Experiment-Shane-Murphy/dp/B0898ZJPP9/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=%22The+Fortress+Experiment%22&qid=1590750672&sr=8-3

FORTRESS OF FREEDOM: BRINGING THE MASS MEDIA TO THE MASSES!

Well, well, we’ll.....

So the DVD finished production and got in the Amazon market in one week! That was what I really wanted to get done this week and it is done and finished. Why did it go live so fast - probably because they already physically reviewed the movie for Prime Video, so as long as the files we good - it went almost immediately live. All the other stuff is still in limbo but at least something got done.

Even though DVDs are past their “prime” they are still available in the larger stores, large drug stores, and specialty stores like Sunrise Records. I have a zillion of these things with most either block busters or small independent films only available on DVD here in Canada. I always had the DVD with the commentary on the back burner and it is great to have that finally done and out there! It is strangely a really good feeling to finally be a part of something you like to do!

So what needs to be done for the rest of this supposed vacation? Get the squirrel out of the attic again! Setup on-line taxes, clean up the place and just relax.

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/25ZuKkbHdqM
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I’m calling it.....

I bought three bottles of Vitamin D3 last week and I am fortifying my diet to prevent a bad outcome from Covid 19. I usually don’t go there with medical advice but it can’t hurt unless you go overboard with D3 supplements. The long and short of it is that brown people and old farts have lower D3 levels in North America and Europe than near the equator. And during winter months no Vitamin D is produced by sun exposure no matter how long you stay in the sun in the northern most hemisphere. So “shut ins” like people in nursing homes don’t get enough and their aging body’s are not proficient enough to produce it. Brown and black people, because of their dark skin who live in the northern hemisphere take in even less D3 from sun exposure. To make matters worse they may shun vitamin D3 found in milk due to lactose intolerance. Also many brown and black women avoid the sun to keep
their skin as light as possible which means a vitamin D deficiency. Same applies to Asian women who go even more overboard avoiding the sun.

Vitamin D3 helps the immune system handle respiratory bugs like Covid 19. But don’t believe me - do your own research. But taking a D3 supplement is something you can actually do yourself unlike waiting for a vaccine. Below 1000 units a day it can’t hurt and it’s available everywhere and cheap. I talked about this with people I knew in my everyday life last week and they looked at me like I was barking mad. But now the idea is being looked at seriously - and it’s safe so why not. I would do it.

This public service announcement is by the brown insect looking creature that is me. You can thank me later.....

https://youtu.be/MY1gykXJQIM
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late one today as it is very busy on this “working vacation” of mine…..

With the successful launch of the DVD of the movie and short, I think that sooner or later we will launch the DVD 4 disc set of the “Positive Mandate for Humanity” television series. There is no timeline of this yet and so will be a hobby horse of mine during the summer. And that should take care of the video for awhile, but there is still TV broadcast play with the multi-cultural channels at home. I guess it will never end…..

In other news…..

This is one Bad Ass Mask!

The white masks are so 2003 SARs like.....

This is one Bad Smelling Mask!

I bought some more masks as the lifting of the pandemic restrictions means we get to do more but with masks when social isolation is not possible.

The one with the two exhaust valves is one I bought for kicks and giggles as it looks like something an Industrial Dancer would wear. There are replaceable filters with this thing but a bit short on the nose to chin dimensions. The next was really cheap but looks the part. This thing needs a wash as it smells of petrochemicals and the ear straps look like they could break off at any moment. I also got some more N95 masks. I replenished the usual valved N95 masks but got some Milwaukee N95 Masks. These are more robust for multi-day use with an actual black gasket around the entire mask. I’ll try these next when my current N95 wears out. People are moving away from medical masks as it looks like wearing one is depriving the hospital staff of PPE – so it actually is getting easier to get these things. The reality is that those masks bought after the pandemic happened are probably defective in some way. Usually the flapper with the valve masks. These are really no good for hospitals as they let out the user’s expelled air, so unless the user is sure of their inflectionless status, then they have no purpose there. For the consumer use the only advantage is that the valve directs the expelled air downward. Not the best but better than nothing. I have the real N95 two way masks but saving those for when I really need them - as in only use them when someone is infected. Surprisingly, the best walk around mask is usually the homemade ones which is now a cottage industry where I live. I should have an example to use this week.

Anyway I am watching more DVDs as I bough a bunch from Walmart. Slowly but surely life is getting back to normal for me - except for that virus thing always reminding me of my advanced age - always that!

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/f0P2hB2sEZA
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lockdown here in Toronto is slowly opening up and I’m glad I took some photos as I only took a few when I was quarantined and worked ground zero back in the SARs crises.

I’ll have to check, but we shall see if the caution tape is gone from the playgrounds. Certainly I see people playing basketball again with proper hoops on city property. Some stores like Vistek (a photo and video store) are sort of open with the parking lot set up for curb side pickup. But I wanted to see if you could actually go in the store. Not quite it seems. This attractive girl with a colourful mask came out to talk to me. It’s more like you can come in chaperoned with an employee all masked up to pick up something. They are worried about a positive handling stuff and such in the store. But technically I could sort of browse - but you then feel obligated to buy something - so I said thanks for the update and skived off.

But this is progress! And it’s back to the usual tomorrow with my working vacation done. Lots of activity at IAIJ but one new member submitted an article you may find interesting and it can be found here:

https://iaij.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1036

He pretty much sums up everyone’s experience and his own - but with the caveat that while most go back to “sort of normal”, others remain in permanent lockdown for life it seems. This new member is a retired journalist of 50 years. From reporter to editor in print media, and I believe he even won an award of “Journalist of the Year” in his native UK back in the day. So check out the article if interested.

Sunday for me is dealing with the squirrel in the attic. The squirrel and the antics I resort to reminds me of those Roadrunner cartoons with me as Wiley Coyote tring to catch him - too funny at times! Cleaning up around the house as I want the last day to be as normal as possible. That’s the plan.....

Goodnight.....

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/bj78yCaumpc
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it’s back to the usual starting today.

I did get things done though. The squirrel got relocated in some back country west of Brampton. I photographed the squirrel and if that guy can make it back from there then I announce him with the title of “Super Squirrel“! This guy must be on his third or forth relocation and seemingly finds his way back and kicks out the other squirrels. Seriously, I should just make him a pet and build a squirrel house for the thing. But most squirrels are having kids now so things are quiet and I probably avoided all that. Oh, and those sound and light boxes to keep out squirrels don’t work! So the squirrel thing got done at the last minute. I have some annual return change forms for the provincial government that I could have finished on Sunday but I need more forms.

The DVD got done and surprisingly is now on sale. This gives people in Canada access to the movie and short - for a price. But at the very least the option is there for Canadians to see it. That was the big score for the week. The only holdouts were the car still at the dealer and The Fortress TV Show still not on-line. All in all I can live with that as a measure of how successful the vacation was.

I did watch a lot of DVDs since I’m now a member of the club with a DVD made and available for purchase with a major retailer. I was looking at a lot of long continuous tracking shots. One good one is in Kill Bill with Black Mamba just before she takes on The Crazy 88s. I think in the director’s commentary the cameraman almost passed out because of the effort. Another one is the music video by Massive Attack (Unfinished Sympathy) without a single video cut for the whole thing. It starts from a zoom in from a crane shot to him getting to the ground and running up to the singer and staying with her the whole time. The longest uncut continuously shot movie is 90 minutes made possible by digital capture. The movie is “Russian Ark“ and was captured onto a hard drive that could hold 100 minutes.

But I digress.....

Goodnight.....

https://youtu.be/p2YelaGi5kM

https://youtu.be/ZWmrfgj0MZI
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever notice I say nothing about current events.....

Because there is nothing to say. I was around in 1968, and even at nine years old, I thought things were changing. Well, nothing has changed. You have heard that ad nausea for years here.

But wait! There has been a change! It is called the Positive Mandate for Humanity. Adoption of this idea, this concept, this philosophy can significantly lessen or ultimately eliminate the current social problems. The positive mandate shows what people really want and that is to be all they can be. Let them participate in education unfettered. Let them participate in the work world and governess without bias. Let people love and live with whoever they want without societal bias and or prejudice. Just give people the ability to fulfill themselves! That ultimately will work and that is what the positive mandate is about.

I only have so much energy in me and that is focused in getting the concept disseminated in all its forms and making the idea common and legitimate in the general public’s mind. I almost have to be laser focused on this. Just get the idea out there!

Movie still from Death proof!

In other things. - I’m still in filmmaker mode. Still watching Quentin Tarantino stuff. I really like some scenes from “Death Proof”. He pays homage to the movie car, the old fashioned car against the screen shooting, and a homage to the movie “Vanishing Point” with heavy practical effects and that low shot white line on the road that I believe was first used in “Vanishing Point” deliberately and over and over again as said by the director in the movie commentary.

Production still from Vanishing Point!

I hate CGI and always prefer practical effects. The way to get them may seem bizarre but everyone believes it’s real because it is.....

Goodnight.....

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/kxb9xzAaYjM

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/V-tdUmxH0gk

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/Hj3zkazLvbk

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/jc1vzBMr29o
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 318, 319, 320 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 319 of 416

Jump to: