Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 304, 305, 306 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess I don’t get to meet Jeff Bezos…..

Laura wrote:
The Fortress Experiment Available to Watch on Amazon Prime!

By Laura Tommasone - FOF Inc.

The Fortress Experiment in the Amazon search function!

The Fortress of Freedom Corporation is excited to announce that the movie “The Fortress Experiment” has been accepted by Amazon Prime Video, placed in their catalogue and should show up in the search bar in a few days. The movie will be available for sale, rent and stream.

Please note that this is only for the U.S.A and Great Britain market at present and it is not known if it is in the Canadian market yet. Eventually this movie should also appear in Germany and Japan when we get the foreign subtitles done.

More news as it becomes available.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8770798/

FORTRESS OF FREEDOM: BRINGING THE MASS MEDIA TO THE MASSES!

When I checked the status of the movie at around 11:00AM we were now on Prime Video. It always amazes me that when I have a particular goal in mind you pine for it and think about it, and then – when you get it all that angst and energy just goes away and transfers it to the next thing you have to do. And the way my day forward went you could not enjoy the fact the movie got distribution in the end. While it’s not exactly getting a worldwide theater distribution like one of the Star Wars franchise, it does sort of close the production arc of making the movie and then premiering it in a theater, the festival circuit and then distribution. So in my “small time” pathetic way I did what any other director and producer does, making a movie and getting it out there. Reality sucks but in the end on my resume the movie will read as taking a typical path like all the rest.

But I didn’t get to enjoy the news as I was busy all day doing things and by the time I was ready to go home it was late and there wasn’t anyone to enjoy the news of the movie finally finishing its journey from start to finish. I couldn’t even make a toast with my Dad as he had gone to bed by then. I decided to celebrate by getting a coffee and donut at Tim Hortons (a coffee shop franchise over here) and found a 24 hour one with a drive thru as it was 3:00AM and ordered a medium coffee and a honey dipped donut. The brown girl at the window told me they had no honey dipped donuts but only sour cream donuts which I hate – then gave me back change for a three dollar purchase but charging me less than two dollars on the register – so she didn’t short change me but ripped off the company, but whatever. Disappointed I decided to pay a bill at the ATM down the street and go home. We had freakishly cold and snowy weather today and when I got home I hadn’t turned up the heat yet and snuggled in front of my computer under a blanket with a hair drier keeping me warm until the place warmed up. And that is how I got to be here punching out this update!

So I’ll take a break from the movie and TV show stuff and get back to finishing up the book on the weekend. Things have moved forward but I now have a population of 400 million that can watch the movie if they want. The concept and idea and philosophy are no longer stuck on a computer in my house but out there to be disseminated and that was the idea. We will go into other markets shortly but that book has to go to print pronto. So no, it is not just about going to the UN and such, this dissemination also happens in the real world with all the usual issues I always have. But I know how to deal with them now, but I just wish I felt a part of the society I live in instead of always some outsider messing with the machine.....

Goodnight…..

(NSFW)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUDVMiITOU&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught up on sleep last night.

I will work on the book but perhaps Saturday should be just about taking it easy. We are closing story arcs in my life and that will put you in a nostalgic funk. But other arcs are opening and still open. The Fortress Experiment made me an author, newspaper editor, President and CEO, musician and music producer, Director / TV and movie producer, man of the world, and on and on! I must feel a twinge of remorse as the big projects finally get resolved. And at my age there is no starting over - so that must be the reason....

Looking at the Amazon search results,I was shocked to just see my name as the only star of the movie, but as a plus, in the UK we sit next to Smallville! It’s not the best thing in the western world to sell a movie with the star saddled with a Muslim last name. But after some thought I guess I’ll just leave it as is. This is not a commercial venture, but advocacy at its core and the movie and experiment were my idea and me or my voice permeated the film. So maybe I am the star, then so be it. So I’ll let myself have that indulgence this time. Like I said, for me there is no starting over, the concept behind the movie is yours and you made the movie; as narcissistic as it may look, Amazon may be right to have it as it is.....

And on that narcissistic note - Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qvuJ_Cjy7o&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I took Saturday off and spent time looking for a liner for my old M65 mil-spec field jacket. The years have changed these things since I bought mine in the 1990s and there is no new production of the old Mil-spec liners. So I had to make the new ones work. They button up on the top third and at the wrists and have knit cuffs and no holes in the armpits so this liner is warmer. The down side is that the last two buttons don’t line up anymore. This is because the liner can now be used as a separate jacket now. Anyway my workaround was just to knot up the waist drawstrings and use those as “buttons” and that seems to keep the liner in place.

So that was Saturday.

Early Sunday I had the first show of our television series made that will be distributed by FOF Entertainment Inc., and so you may ask why not stay with Fortress of Freedom Inc.? The reason why is because FOF Inc. wears too many hats with the book publishing, newspaper, and all those contracts with businesses and the movies we made. It holds the rights to literally all our intellectual property. So to make this corporation less of a target for litigation I made FOF Entertainment into a corporation after the experiment ended. Our short and movie are FOF material as that was all part of the experiment. These were real movies in 1.85:1 aspect and 24 frames/sec and 5.1 Dolby and 4 channel audio DCPs. Everything else is TV video spec and went to FOF Entertainment. If everything goes up I think we will stay with Amazon and even endorse the company as they were welcoming to us and allowed us to express ourselves to the world through them, and if not then we explore the other platforms. As an organization, we speak at some very prestigious venues, so our endorsement actually has some value and so far Amazon rocks!

I’ll load them (the TV shows) up to the new account with new artwork and then let Amazon take a look. And that is the reason behind all of that. All this is really for any Amazon folk who have taken an interest in our advocacy and the Positive Mandate for Humanity concept. The movie is too short for a proper review of all that is now the Positive Mandate for Humanity. For those who really jive to the idea, the series goes into way more depth in every facet and is updated to 2019 - it is it’s own entity! So that’s what is going on now.

I’ll also throw up the UK listing for the movie for those interested in the pricing over there:

Back to work.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u04b4TQ6Fnk&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s an ok weekend with Monday being a crappy snowy day.

The weekend was a downer in that as I get the series up there, they’re won’t be more movie and TV shows coming from yours truly. Sure the companies will carry on and we will probably and help other directors who need a helping hand getting their stuff out there. But it seems “my” days are done. Me as a director and editor was a necessity to get the job done, as I’m really a philosopher at heart. I still haven’t upgraded our old HD camera but in this case I probably will get one on the cheap just in case. I stopped my yearly subscription to Avid. I will keep the last version on the machine that we used it in, just like the old Avid SD Xpress we have still using Windows XP. Maybe we use the new Avid on a new machine or use Premiere Pro in a new machine. But all that is a convenience for others that may have to use our stuff for “B” roll or a quickie edit or compression for distribution. So this is not retirement from video but a more managerial role with the video that will come in. But me as director, editor or star - I’d say those days are over.....

All this does make you feel older even though I don’t feel old. Projects that took fifteen years are coming to an end and those projects are not happening again. The kids clearly consider me some doddering old fart that is even older than their parents, so I can see why. But you talk to them, and their thoughts are disappointingly conventional - where is that brave new world? So an old fart like me is still needed to be around pitching. The kids I called kids like Sam who was fifteen when I met her and Emily who was an older seventeen are now mothers and starting their thirties. So you at my age hear “footsteps” behind the “footsteps” but where are the new unconventional ideas from these people? Of course my generation had no new ideas either and I don’t claim kinship with them as I was always a cast out. So as usual it is up to us “free radicals” to pitch ideas and live among the fringes of society because regular society was never inclusive to us.

Samantha back in the day!

They haven’t changed and my relationship to them hasn’t changed. Those twenty somethings may as well be eighty year olds for the same old mentality they continue to have. That moral imperative is still as active as ever, even as I become an old man.....

Goodnight (and for what it’s worth I swore I would never do another TV show after the first one, and then after the second one, so take it all with a grain of salt).....

(NSFW)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwzlySJJJQQ&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday sucked just because of heaviest snow since 1951!

No matter as I just continue trying to get the series up there. I figured it would take longer for distribution but the opportunity arrived as all the UN rejection came in September. The movie should get increased distribution in Japan and Germany.

United States of America is 329,064,917
United Kingdom is 67,530,172
Japan is 126,725,491
Germany is 83,613,413
Rest of EU 204,000,000
India is 1,352,600,000
Pakistan is 197,00,000
Australia is 24,600,000
New Zealand is 4,800,000

That is over 600 million and since Canadians typically use VPNs to access the better American content add another 37.5 million (like Netflix) and you get let’s say 640 million. So we are getting there! 360 million more reaches my original goal but I want India and Pakistan and the EU and Australia and NewZealand and you get 2 billion 434 million! I can live with that!

But back to the present. So I’m taking the bus home as the Mustang is useless in heavy snowy weather and you note you are just one of many in this big world. Insignificant and easily forgotten and nobody cares. But just last February at the United Nations I was this guy quite literally giving humanity its marching orders via the positive mandate for humanity. Back then the whole world was the size of a marble in my hand. That was an awesome experience! What a dichotomy of perceptions! But the funny thing is that I can flip the perceptions at will like flipping a coin. I can do this now as I continue to disseminate this idea/concept/philosophy. How long will this last? Who knows, but the experiment has given me the reach and attitude that is totally in an other universe to normal people. One minute you are just an ordinary person on the ground and the next the world is this little ball you are separated from and then back on the ground as another spec of sand on the beach. I didn’t make our reality and culture, but it sure looks like I can possibly change things. If this wasn’t being constantly endorsed by ordinary folk on the ground you could say I was mentally deranged. But that outside support and audience keep it all grounded in reality. This is true empowerment.

Remember when I presented the global vote through smartphones at the UN. People we’re opinionated on the idea but nobody thought it was crazy!

Change is possible by dissemination of an idea. Simple as that.....

Goodnight.....

(NSFW)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQDEXqcGlNc&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on show number 3.....

The best way to do this is like a robot. Everyone is a perfectionist when it comes to their stuff but it will never end if you try to have it perfect. So I’m just calling it and up it all goes. This will still take sometime but I will take it at a more comfortable pace and just get it all up there and that is that.

The big deal is the advocacy and to get the positive mandate as a recognized concept in the world. And I’m still in the game, I still have options, and it’s not over yet! But I’m running out of time. Probably seven more years working and I’m not exactly poor so if we have traction for the idea I could be at this even while using a walker, but earlier is better. I’m glad I stuck to my instincts and will put out the book with the positive mandate for AI - even if that sounds far fetched now, if we do luck into sentient AI, this at least will give them a path for their destiny and a mental connection to the humans that may keep us around as they develop past us and don’t need us anymore - you can thank me for this later. The religious aspects of a sentient reveal in AI will stay as it’s more than relevant. I’m a nobody so if some find the ideas funny or intriguing it’s all good to get the ideas out there first. I as a “disseminater” can take any criticism on the chin as of this moment.

That’s it for now. I have Starbucks withdrawal and just want to get back to my usual routine.

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyv905Q2omU&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quickie as it’s non-stop work on the shows. The third show “Free With Purchase” is on the Amazon servers and the closed captioning for the first two shows in now added.

I’m working on art for for the series and each show. I actually appear in the series artwork as anyone binging this already knows about me. I’m not in the movie art work as I don’t want to taint things too much with my brown subjectivity as people will run into the movie while browsing.

Got to run, but I’ll show you some artwork tomorrow - Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9WgtlgGAgs&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last render of the Real Life show and we are half way there. I expect we will have five done by Monday. But of more interest is the art work for the series and for each individual episode.

Above is the current - boring - artwork for the series “A Positive Mandate for Humanity” and yes that is the name of the thing. The paramount thing is to get the idea out there and this does by repeating the name of the idea and shunting people off to entertainment instead of a book with academic papers in it. So those are the broad strokes there at the series level. But what about the individual episodes? For three I think the album covers do it nicely with Daze in My Life, Electric For All, and Real Life. I think a snapshot of the title for The Fortress TV Show does it for the first episode. I’m not so sure about Don’s show which is probably a snap of the title of his show or the Maze of Music album cover. FOFSTOCK - that colourful night panoramic shot will do. The Free Press - maybe Tara with the paper. Epilogue - Me at the General Assembly Hall where citizen journalists and bloggers were recognized by majority vote at the United Nations as legitimate media workers.

I will breath a sigh of relief when the series is up there and shut out video for a while. But I will leave the door open for a season 2 as we only need three shows and the variety show I am sitting on is one and at least the next two are the advocacy if we get traction with the positive mandate. I know I said I was done - but I always say that.

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late one today as I had a siesta.....

So I caught up on sleep because I push things a bit on the weekdays. There really is no reason to do this now as things are laid back so I chalk this up to habit. We now have half of the series up and just keep chugging along. I really should just keep to myself and do things. Stay away from people as you do this. Mostly they are just a drag on things. You have to put up with their subjective judgment to get places so this you have to deal with. But outside this you should stay away from people. Will they help you out - no! Will they give you money - no! So what is the point as you are multitasking, there is no point so just stick to those closest and stay away from the others. Especially if it looks like the stuff is going places, for all kinds of reasons - mostly jealousy - if there is any way to screw you over they will do it; so keep to yourself.

Just keep at things. After next week it is the book and seeing what happens to the series on Amazon. Always more uncertainty - spice of life.

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X48UZ4j9N04&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late one yesterday and an early one today…..

Shane interview in 4:3 SD and I left lots of headroom for the conversion. But even cropping was not enough and I had to add material to the sides!

At this moment in time Disney has launched their streaming service and fans of “The Simpsons” found to their dismay that the 30 year series had the earlier shows zoomed up to 16X9 from the SD 4:3 format originally aired on. This matters as the cartoon series hides little nuggets of jokes and such in the background and some of these got cropped out in the reformat. I mention this as we too had the SD and HD transition problem that I had to deal with. Originally I just kept it all in their formats with full screen for HD and black side bars for SD. The problem here is that people would figure something was wrong and zoom in on the TV set’s settings which works for the SD with slight softening of the image, but when you go back to HD the crop is huge and buggers up the show. So what you do is add colorful animated side bars so that the viewer knows it is deliberately shot in the old SD 4:3 format. So to get around whether a show was SD or HD we went with an HD grayish background for all shows. So even though a show could have a lot of SD, because it was on an HD background it was really HD. And on the very early shows we added a slight amount of shadowy movement so with the side bars you notice that there is something alive in that background but you just note it and it is not distracting. But you know those sidebars are part of the show and not to be zoomed out. So after a few years of wrangling how to do this (yes, years of scratching my head) I decided not to try to make the SD stuff HD by processing it as a zoomed-in image, but to keep it all as shot and archive it all that way because that was what was happening at the time. Now much later on it has that reality documentary feel to it all. You know we have gone back to the early days because of the 4:3 and softer mage. It works now and worked really well on the theater big screens!

Above is and SD image with HD sides and with Shane to the side - who does this better than me? Below is the processed and sharpened image:

And below is the 16X9 SD split-screen:

But occasionally I would play with things in SD. One was to show SD while someone was talking so you would see the full SD stuff and then the person talking on the side which filled up the whole 16X9 screen. Another was to use the plain background and fill in the sides with that background. So for Shane’s show we have him with this mottled grey background. But simply shooting the SD with the same background and putting this against the same background in HD showed up the bars even if they were in grey because the mottling did not match up. What I had to do was flip the background horizontally where the HD background met the SD background and it worked! So you got this softer HD full screen experience. Now I may try just sharpening that whole image to see if I can get it to crappy HD quality which would be perfect and make the show a truly HD show with a few SD throwback segments. We shall see but I will probably redo the Real Life episode before we submit all of it to Amazon as I have a few issues there – as a perfectionist – but only when all shows are up there ready to go.

Above is the HD B-Roll (I just bought the HD camcorder) for testing and set up the lighting for the SD camcorder. So the HD camera was underexposed. Brightening helps but the SD content is better as can be seen below the HD content is grainy after processing!

So that is my little diatribe on the SD an HD thing. It was how it was back in the day and when I showed how the music industry failed back in this time, it is reinforced with the change to HD from SD video. In the passage of time sticking to the formats on the HD background gives the series documentary that extra bit of honesty in how we did it - simply put it rocks! The kids even expect the SD to look worse than it does, they are totally cool with the transitions over the 16 years of taping…..

A blow-up shows why I went with the SD material as the processing to get the brighter image is too grainy!

The last three shows are virtually all HD so as things go along chronologically you get the unique experience of seeing things through the lens and technology in transition. Here they are making music at big studios with tons of equipment but shot in SD, and then making the music in the basement but shot in HD! At the end of the day we made it work and I am proud of how the project handled this problem that made others give up!

Goodnight…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWpTu3Vxk0A&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Don Brasseur show goes onto Amazon servers today. He is dead now, buried in a military cemetery in Hamilton.

A military service for our WW2 Hero!

At the grave.

So Amazon gets all my material as it’s prime video philosophy aligned very well with our philosophy over here - so how could it be otherwise. Having said that, they still watch and evaluate the material so nothing is for sure, but so far so good. It was such a relief to get the movie up there! Just years of uncertainty and sure you could say that in the end you never did approach Netflix or Crave in Canada, but philosophically Amazon is the one.

So as that went on I tried to take care of other things. The old Mustang needed some air in the tires and while there is no leak, the dramatic drop in average temperatures meant I needed a top-up in all wheels. Surprise: What I thought would be one dollar for some air is now $1.50 which pissed me off - so off to some other gas bars and they are all $1.50! Resigned I was surprised to find they now take credit cards - credit cards to get air! A few years ago it was always free! So I start adding air and note the the pop out air pressure indicator does not pop out so (cursing under my breath) I add air and hope things are within a pound or two of each other. Three were the same pressure and one two pounds over, so just let some air out of the tire and I was good to go. Except that the pressure indicators in the car have some latency going on and I took too much out and now it was two pounds low! So back to another gas bar and another $1.50 to set it right. So now I’m good to go for the lowly sum of three dollars - wow..... While on the car stuff, it looks like we have Ford’s first sporty EV is called the “Mustang Mach E” which shares no platform or parts with the current sports car. It’s a CUV/SUV four door that sits high off the ground with a hatch it seems. One of the Ford family states that there will always be a two door coupe. But coupes are now being designated for four doors Some think this spells the end for the Mustang as we all knew it. There is even a GT version of this electric vehicle so I don’t know how well current GT owners will take to that news - ok I know.....hehehehehehe..... For me I think it’s an abomination of the brand but this market is shrinking. While at a stop light count the two door models of any make if you see any at all. And there you go, and they claim the EV GT can reach 60 in 3.5seconds which is real Model 3 territory so we shall see. I bought mine from fleet sales and probably one of the cheapest Mustangs you could get - but if you shelled out over 60 grand for an optioned out GT I could see how you would feel betrayed. I - like other old farts - will maybe have a go at the new Corvette C8 before we retire, but I love my current car and nothing seems to go wrong with it. So for me I will somehow survive the death of the original pony car.....

Finally I am looking at the book more and more now. I want it finished before December. It has the positive mandate in there along with how we could get sentient AI and thus the God reveal. Big stuff but I am prepared for controversy in an academic way. It had to go this way in the end. The average person on earth is way more intelligent than at the beginning of the 20th Century and organizations like IAIJ offer creative people the opportunity to get their ideas published and possibly into the venues where it could make a difference. The university professorial system is too limiting and open to too much subjective judgement to be the sole metric on whose ideas get out there. My way is better letting all have a voice and impact. A citizen journalist org with university like articles with an abstract and all the fixings. And an org that can bring any opinion or issue to places like the UN because anything goes with a journalist org. I am proud that I pushed this concept and philosophy and founded an organization that does this. There will always be that.....

Goodnight.....

https://fortressoffreedom.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1736
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final render for the FOFSTOCK show number 6! Just two more after this, review and correct and submit.

If all goes well maybe one update in the office as I work on the book. Get the book in paperback and submit to Archives Canada and maybe one more statement at the UN in February covering all the stuff you all asked me to address there cause you have no voice there.

Really, from now on it’s truly is all about the advocacy. The corporations continue but at a relaxed pace. But it is getting our idea and concept and philosophy out there. I’m getting on in years. Sure I may not look it but time is running out and the idea has to take hold on the ground and in Joe Average’s mind. I’m rather amazed at the progress so far - I expected it to be almost an impossibility but here we are - WOW!

But always one thing at a time. And right now I’m getting the TV shows on a popular streaming service. I ditched TV in Canada as the population is too limited. It’s too protective to the point a Canadian can’t get his stuff on the air unless he has connections. That’s the reason why I have access to 400 million right now but not the 20 million market in Canada. Ask any Netflix user why they all use VPNs to get American content, and how Netflix keeps making it harder to do this, all courtesy of our Canadian government and its agencies. We criticize China for its internet fire wall yet my ideas can’t be shown in Canada in the same exact way. Canada has skeletons in our closet and they only get thrown in our face at international venues. It was an eye opener to me. We only hear about the most nefarious reasons to be protective about Canadian media but these same policies also work against those with a positive message - but you won’t hear about those people in the news because that story is not sensational enough - broadcast news is also in a sense entertainment you know..... Canada has its own media firewall hard at work suppressing media and in my case ideas from being disseminated. That may be a hard pill to take but it is reality to me. Think I’m talking out my ass - that CRTC certification for the movie still has not arrived and that is the first step to getting broadcast - I’m already shut down before I can even approach a broadcaster - and there you go, another real life example in your face! Think about that.....

So we have a 100% Canadian program that could be rubber stamped and emailed back to me in under five minutes, yet we are coming up on three months. I can't do anything until I get that certification letter - so - I went to Amazon in the States! Can you blame me? And then there is the nightmare of being ignored by the Canadian broadcasters and companies of which I have tons of physical evidence.....

Goodnight

(NSFW)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-m9sztaWo0&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got a good nights sleep!

So the FOFSTOCK show goes up on Amazon’s servers today. This leaves The Free Press and Epilogue and a couple of changes on review and then we submit. But the movie, short, and TV series thing is not the only way to disseminate to the general public. While the news feed at FOF Records seems to have crickets chirping around, nothing could be further than the truth.

Backswing

I am almost certain the music of the positive mandate lies in Metal. Nowhere have I seen a more angry, upset and disenfranchised group of listeners than in Metal. Nowhere do I see more activism by the bands than in metal. They know something is wrong and want change but don’t have any concrete ideas about the kind of change - and here is where the positive mandate comes in! A big act would be best but these bands have a brand and may not be flexible enough to embrace us, plus if they tour you have a multitude of corporate concerns that want to mess with the message for monetary reasons and that does not work for me. Finally our ideas may seem a bit lame to them but that is only how it looks on paper. We don’t want or need a revolution, our ideas are natural and in everyone. So politically we are not really a threat to anyone.

Spoil Engine

The small up and comers with a small but significant following is where it’s at. I see many around the northern US like in Detroit and over the pond in Europe where Nu Metal was born. So as the current tasks get done we start contacting some bands and see where that takes us. Dave Getchell was perfect when we shot The Fortress TV Show, now we need something that connects with the kids and seniors and metal does it better anything else with its traditional set up of drums guitars, bass and all the rest. Fun stuff ahead.....

Dave Getchell

Goodnight.....

https://fortressoffreedom.com/MichaelSong.wmv
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seventh show called The Free Press is in final rendering. So maybe we are ready to submit on Monday.

I updated the FOF Records news page and it is now current. We probably won’t have a side event in February but maybe an oral statement though these opportunities are never guaranteed. But the two previous side events rocked! Everyone was quick to jive to the idea and were floored that I actually had the balls to present the cellphone app for on-going public participation at the UN as a popular vote. It should happen this way and at the UN. At the UN it would technically mean nothing but could be used to roughly gauge public sentiment in global matters. What I was proposing was handing some control - ultimately - to the mob. That is probably how it would go initially with manipulation and emotional responses as opposed to reason. This is not necessarily a bad thing but at the beginning we would see how these votes faired over the passage of time since they had no direct effect (i.e. no vote) at the UN. Eventually the public would be more savvy to manipulation and the votes would become a more accurate gauge of a popular vote for policy making. It should start at the UN as starting it on outside the UN would become a bloody uncoordinated fiasco by force with those of nefarious motivations. At the UN this is lessened and with open source coding for the app the threat of manipulation is lessened. I mention all of this as I mused whether it was worth including page after page of coding I used in my own prototype smartphone app for the global vote in my upcoming book. It stays as transparency is paramount.

Maurice at the side event introducing the UN cellphone voting app!

Will the global vote idea go anywhere - who knows, but I was there in 2017 to disseminate the idea of this form of ongoing participation of the general public at the UN. This wasn’t popular when I held the side event, but someone had to do it.....

And remember:I was there and you were - probably - not, and I disseminated the idea. I did that and I’m still alive. The US customs agents asked about it and I told them and one even weighed in on the idea saying member nations would mess with the data to skew results - but they still let me in. People live their lives out of fear and that is why things are so hard to change.....

Goodnight.....

http://webtv.un.org/watch/international-association-of-independent-journalists-55th-session-of-the-commission-for-social-development-1-10-february-2017/5314479253001
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Free Press show is done - just one more to go then final review. I looks like minor tweaking on one show and off it goes to Amazon review!

In other news I’m delegating authority so if one of my gang wants to do something they end up doing it. I have laser focus on getting the positive mandate out there! But one thing at a time and that is the TV series and then the book.

Finally, congratulations to Gil Moore who is the founder of MetalWorks and the MetalWorks Institute of studio recording and the drummer for the rock band Triumph. I spent a little under a year at MetalWorks and in that time met a “who’s who” in the music industry all thanks to Gil and his organization. Not just meeting them but working with them as scheduling and litterally working beside them at the studios. I also got to know Gil and his family as his office was in the recording studio location at the time. So congrats to Gil Moore winning Music Canada’s Artist Advocate Award which recognizes musicians and songwriters for their outstanding advocacy to improve the careers of music creators. As an aside Gil is like me and does not show his age as he is six years older than me but he sure doesn’t look it! So to be active and vital at an age others have already given up is something to be noted.

Sneaking around MetalWorks back in the day shooting video and having fun!

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhmtefhPkAc&feature=share
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 304, 305, 306 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 305 of 416

Jump to: